Hardcore - Official Smack Talk Thread

Bleakardor

15957927736072.png

I would like to use this oportunity to raise awereness to food security around the world. I had to overcome a lot to get where I am now, I even lost my good friend McStarvin, who died from starvation. Please lets all pray for a minute for Uganda McStarvin.
If you can, I'm kickstarsting project PlzF33dAfr1k4. With only 5 american dollars you can feed a whole city for a month. Please donate and help kids. Don't be ugly. Only ugly souls don't donate.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Uganda McStarvin
rip McStarvin

• Upvote 1

1611612909HFC%2060.jpg

Massive Wanker   DEF   Dre Battle   via KO (Punch)  KO of the Night

Massive amounts of expectations and confidence from both sides, this David vs Goliath match was finally on display for the world to see in our first ever PPV event!  

Wanker has the ability to KO other heavyweights, so no doubt that he had the potential to KO Battle in this one as Battle sits atop the 185 division. 

Battle is the champ at 185 after dethroning HFC FotY and was full of confidence that his speed and agility would outmatch Wanker in this fight.

Both fighters put on a display and Karter was true to his word, using his speed to pepper Wanker throughout  the fight, but in round 2 Wanker landed a solid shot that put Battle to sleep.  I don't care if you have a granite chin with a titanium plate covering it, when you're nearly 1/2 the size of Wanker, anything he lands has KO potential.

Excellent fight between two of the HFC's finest, and one hell of a way to headline this event.

Marcello Sosa   DEF   Petchuanglek Sitsongrit   via Decision (Unanimous)   Fight of the Night

What a fight we had on hand in our co-main event between Sitsongrit and Sosa.  The 135 and 145 champs, respectively, put on a display.  We all know what kind of precision that Sitsongrit brings into the cage fight in, and fight out.  Sosa sometimes displays amazing accuracy as well, but also flashes some KO power at times.  So coming into this fight, I was expecting to see Sitsongrit try to take it to the judges, and Sosa try to finish this fight.

Now I don't know if Sosa tried to finish or just outworked Sitsongrit at his own game, but I did not expect this to be a fight that went the distance and was dominated by Sosa.  I thought for sure that it would be a TKO victory if Sosa won, or if went to the judges that it would be a Sitsongrit victory.  

Excellent job by both fighters in this one and the crowd loved it.  I'm sure they looked good on TV as well, and as of yet, no baby momma's have called our HQ to ask for information on Dre.  So looks like he may be in the clear for that child support still.

Aingot Nofud   DEF   Malcom King   via TKO (Strikes)

Aingot has been on an absolute tear through the 170 division.  When looking at his fight history, it was pointed out that he hadn't really been tested in the cage.  Enter Malcolm King;  test, at the least.  

King had been the winner of 7 strait until his recent title loss and you know he was coming out hungry wanting to bounce back.  So yeah, you can call him a test.  

If this was a test, Aingot passed with flying colors as he dispatched King in impressive TKO fashion.  Nofud is on to bigger and better things now that he has, beyond the shadow of any doubt, established himself as the top contender.  So look to the future to see Nofud facing the winner of the ADA vs Lachance title fight coming up.

Kai Kona   DEF   Olyn Seran  via Decision (Unanimous)

Kona keeps finding a way to win.  Under manager PJ Jones, Kona popped off a 5 fight win streak until losing to the eventual champ, Ed Ford.  Since, he's won two more fights over Dinglestomper and Seran to establish himself as the top contender at 155.  

Seran has been in a bit of a funk since his title loss back at HFC 34, unable to put together any form of a win streak.  After an amazing victory over Moxley last time out, he fell victim to Kai Kona tonight and will again be looking to bounce back to get his career back on track.

Chris Travis   DEF   Leif Leifsson   via Decision (unanimous)

After a 1-2 start to his HFC career, how about the turn around for Chris Travis.  He's now won 4 strait, and this one against Leifsson may just be the most impressive win he's added to his resume in.. well, forever.

Leifsson has his 5 fight win streak snapped, but still finds himself a pretty 3-1 since joining the HFC.  He'll step back and hit the gym hard, but fully expected to bounce back in a big way in his next outing.

Armad Bates   DEF   Daniel Yonic   via KO (Punch)

Armad Bates has spent his entire career at GAMMA DL, and just moved over to HFC to take on some new competition.  This was his debut fight, and he made a statement with a KO finish over Daniel Yonic.  If this is any indication as to how his HFC career is going to go, we can expect a bright future for this young warrior.

Yonic is now coming off 2 strait losses, and a 3-7 record in the HFC and needs to really needs to change things up if he wants to salvage this career.  He started off at 7-1 on the island, only to crumble in the HFC.  We'll see if he's going to bounce back, he sure needs to.

Nati Pisswater   DEF   Bryan Furry   via KO (Punch)

Wanna bounce back after a loss?  Step and KO your opponent on the next PPV event in front of the whole world.  That's exactly what Nati did to Bryan Furry, and exactly what he will be looking to do to his next opponent as he climbs back towards title contention.

Furry has been TKO'd before, but this is the first time he's ever been KO'd.  I don't know if Pisswater was swinging for the fences, or if Furry just got caught, but Furry was asleep for the first time in his career.  This now makes two fights in a row he's lost, which hasn't happened since the very beginning of his career, so we expect Furry to bounce back with a strong performance in his next outing.

Alesana Seia   DEF   Harry Olsen   via TKO (Punches)

Seia lost his HFC debut to Richard Pryor, but has gone an impressive 3-0 since now.  This victory over Olsen sets him on the path to crack the top 10 and with another victory or two will find himself in the discussion for title contention.  

Olsen drops his second strait, and 4 of his last 5.  Olsen is a bit of a mystery in the HFC, even though he's had 18 fights now.  He has lost some big fights to the likes of ADA, Dre Battle, and Rob Tanner, but then he's also gotten some shocking wins over fighters like Baruto Tonissaar and Sabotage Rex.  He's just never been able to put it all together and go on a run, but every now and then he pulls a rabbit out of his hat.

Rukter Demenok   DEF   Kurt Wagner   via KO (Head Kick)

Demenok has now won two strait and brought his record over .500 for the first time in a while.  Maybe he'll keep this momentum as he looks ahead to his next opponent.  He's got the skills, just needs to chain a few more fights together.

As for Kurt, he's now lost 5 in a row and finds himself a free agent whos career is likely over.

Primo Volto   DEF   Vinny Doom   via Submission (Armbar)  Submission of the Night

Volto came into this fight riding a 3 fight losing streak, but snapped it with an armbar victory over Doom on the big stage.  

Doom has now lost 2 in a row, this one being his HFC debut.  There's still time early in his career to turn things around, but he needs to get to work quickly.

• Upvote 4

HFC 61 - Mendoza vs Slugs - Preview

Hello MMA fans, I'm Alexei Smirnov and welcome to your preview for HFC 61. HFC has been on a streak of amazing events and I don’t think this will be any different! Even though there are no title fights there are some really big fights. The fans in New York are in for a good one!

Undercard:

Ginger Lee vs Alec Wolfe

My pick: Wolfe Via TKO (Strikes)

Shane Stead vs Paul Boxaaja

My pick: Stead Via Unanimous Decision

"EDL" Alan Spence vs "The Beatnik" Dante Black 

My pick: Black Via TKO (Strikes)

Joao Andrade vs Seelow Heights

My pick: Andrade Via KO (Punch)  

Main Card:

Ragnar "The Ultimate Viking" Ragnarsson vs Ko Van Den Born

Now for our first main card fight it’s Ragnar “The Ultimate Viking” Ragnarsson (12-8-0) taking on Ko Van Den Born (7-3-0). Ragnarsson is coming off two straight wins and has a lot of momentum on his side going into this fight. Born is the opposite coming off a big loss to Gunner. This fight will most likely stay standing as both fighters prefer that, I could see some cliches in there too. Born might want to clinch as he has a big advantage when it comes to MT. Both of these fighters have won all of their fights with a KO so there is a lot of power in this fight. This is a fight where whoever gets going first could finish the fight fast. You really have to be on your toes the whole fight or a stray punch could end it. Really just two guys throwing punches, my favorite kind of fight. Let’s see my pick.

My pick: Den Born Via KO (Punch)

There is no way this fight doesn’t have some kind of finish, both fighters with such power that couldn’t happen. Born is looking to bounce back from his loss and I think he can do it here. He is just the better fighter in every way and it will be an uphill battle for Ragnar. This would be a solid win for Born and a good way to get back on his feet. Overall a fight I’m looking to!

Bobby "Blow" Chunks vs Peter "Fat Belly" Petersson

Now we have a super heavyweight fight. Making HFC debut Bobby “Blow” Chunks (7-3-0) taking on Peter “Fat Belly” Petersson (10-3-0). It’s a lot of new things for these two fighters, Chunks in a new org and Petersson with a new manager. Chunks is coming off of a win at his last org and hopes to start off with a win here. Petersson is coming off two wins and hopes to get a win with the new manager. It’s always good to see fresh faces especially in this division. Chunks key to winning this fight is using his MT to take advantage of Petersson. Petersson will want to stay out of clinch and use his boxing to get a finish. Chunks has also shown that he can take opponents to the ground and use his ground and pound to beat them senseless. This is another fight where both fighters have long histories of KOs and this fight could really go anywhere. This is an interesting fight for many different reasons and one I think will be a great fight. 

My pick: Chunks Via Unanimous Decision

I do see Chunks coming away with his first HFC win but, it won’t be easy. Chunks can’t underestimate his opponent and Petersson can finish the fight in an instant. This is the big leagues, Chunks won’t be fighting guys like Bobby Dent anymore. Still I think Chunks is more than ready to do great things. Don’t count Bjorn or Petersson out though.

Manolito Tai Kung vs Shaquan "Five Hands" Woods

Up next it’s Manolito Tai Kung (11-3-0) taking on Shaquan “Five Hands” Woods (9-5-0). Both fighters looking to rebound after a loss who will pick up the momentum? This is a very even fight and it’s hard to predict where it’ll go, although I think it’ll stay standing for the most part. Tai Kung will want to stand up and use his superior MT to gain an advantage, he’ll also want to use his power to deliver some big hits. Wood could take this fight into the clinch, stay standing or go to the ground, he’s good at all three. Although we’ve never seen him get a sub he could get one here. Kung’s way to win is to get a quick finish whilst standing and use his power to end the fight fast. Woods will want to take Kung into situations where he’s uncomfortable and use his wrestling to gain an advantage. Woods is really good at getting the decision and we’ll see if that comes into play here. Both fighters have shown that they can be great and let’s see who I think will win!

My pick: Woods Via Unanimous Decision

Although Kung has the better record I still see Woods winning here. This is a big test to see what Kung can do against a top manager and fighter. I see Woods being able to use his wrestling to take this fight into the clinch or the ground where he can make Kung’s power less effective. Woods is in need of a win and one here would be huge. Overall an interesting fight for sure!

"The Phoenix" Chanthaphone Southanouvong vs Baruto Tonissaar  

Now we have “The Phoenix'' Chanthaphone Southanouvong (11-6-0) taking on Baruto Tonissaar (9-4-0). Phoenix is coming off of an impressive KO victory over Yonic and Tonissaar is coming off of a loss via cut. Losing by cut always feels bad so he’ll be wanting to strike back with a win here. We have another battle between strikers here and both lots of power. Phoenix will be looking to finish the fight early and he certainly has the ability too. Tonissar will be looking to expose Phoenix’s weak chin and go for a lot of headshots. This will be a fast paced fight with lots of punches thrown. Phoenix has always been constantly good but has had troubles breaking the glass ceiling and being one of the top ranked in his division. A win here would be huge for him. Tonissar has been on a downwards trend recently and needs a win here to stay relevant. He’s always been a top guy just can falter when it’s most important. Both fighters need a win and they’re going to fight hard for it. The biggest difference I see between these two is the chins. Tonissar is very rarely KO’d whilst Phoenix has a problem with that. Although I would say Phoenix does have the better power and we’ll see how that comes into effect. Let’s see who I pick!

My pick: Tonissar Via TKO (Strikes)

I see the main factor in this fight being Phoenix’s chin, he won’t be able to last long in this fight. Tonissar has a clear path to winning early and will strike. This would be a big win for Tonissar and he needs one right now. Phoenix can still end the fight at any time so he needs to be ready for that. Overall a great looking fight between two contenders.

Chief "BIG" Red Eagle vs Gregory Motts

Now it’s time for the co-main event, it’s Chief “BIG” Red Eagle (20-6-0) taking on Gregory Motts (13-5-0). Eagle is coming off a main event loss against Mendoza and Motts is coming off an upset win against Slugs. Both of these fighters are HFC veterans and both have fought before. Motts came up with a win in their last encounter but, what will happen this time. Eagle is a fighter that uses a lot of boxing in his fights so he’ll want to stay standing. Motts is similar and has a great stand up game. This fight might as well take place in a ring because this is basically a boxing match. Another thing these two have in common in their most recent wins are against the same fighter. Considering that these two have both beaten HFC hall of famer Doug Slugs it shows just how great these two are. These two are similar in many ways so it’ll be hard to choose a winner. Eagle has the experience having 8 more fights than Motts and we’ll see if that comes into play. Let’s see who I think can pick up the win here!

My pick: Motts Via KO (Punches)

Last fight I heavily underrated Motts and paid the price, I see him keeping his momentum and winning this fight. This is an incredibly close fight and Eagle is still in it. After a win here Motts could even go on and be Wankers next challenger or just keep winning, wouldn’t be shocked to see whoever wins here shoot up the rankings. Overall a great co-main event! 

MAIN EVENT: Jason Mendoza vs Doug "And The" Slugs

It’s finally time for the main event of the evening, it’s Jason Mendoza (11-2-0) taking on Doug “And the” Slugs! Mendoza has been on a mission to defeat all of the top super heavyweights and Slugs is his next target. Mendoza is coming off five straight wins and has a whole bunch of momentum. Slugs is the exact opposite with three straight losses. One of Mendoza's biggest strengths is ending fights very quickly and he has used that a lot recently. Slugs are unpredictable and you can never really count him out. Mendoza will want to stay standing and throw some punches at Slugs in hope of a quick KO and Slugs will hope to take this one to the ground where Mendoza is not as strong. It’s the story of a long time HFC fighter vs HFC newcomer (kinda) who is rising up the ranks very quickly. A win here for Slugs would be huge and he really needs one and a win for Mendoza would set him up as number one contender for sure. Will we see a Slugs underdog story or will Mendoza keep tearing apart the competition? Let’s find out!

My pick: Mendoza Via KO (Head Kick)

First things first, head kicks are fun and I would love to see it. Next I don’t see any universe where Slugs wins, he’s an amazing fighter but he’s just been losing a lot recently. Compared to Mendoza who’s been destroying fighters left and right it just isn’t that close. Now if Slugs win it’s upset of the year and if anyone can do it, it’s Slugs. With a win here Mendoza will most certainly go on to get a title shot and might even be Wanker’s best challenger (For the belt, Battle is still amazing). Overall an amazing card and main event!

Predicted KO of the night: Jason Mendoza

Predicted Sub of the night: Alexei Smir- I mean no sub I guess

Predicted Fight of the night: Bobby Chunks vs Peter Petersson  

Wow another amazing main event, so many great fights and stories being told. Lots of great super heavyweight action and even though there are no title fights this card still has championship ramifications. I want to again thank Hardman for letting me write these previews and doing an awesome job with HFC. I’m Alexei Smirnov. I hope you all are having a great day and remember…

STAY HARDCORE!!!

• Upvote 4

HFC 61 - Mendoza vs Slugs
Event Review
Empire Indoor Arena
New York

Fight of the Night:
Shaquan Woods vs Manolito Tai Kung

KO of the Night:
Jason Mendoza

Main Card:

Jason Mendoza DEF Doug Slugs via TKO (Knee & Punches) (KotN)
Gregory Motts DEF Chief Red Eagle via TKO (Strikes)
Barato Tonissaar DEF Chanthaphone Southanouvong via Decision (Unanimous)
Shaquan Woods DEF Manolito Tai Kung via Decision (Unanimous) (FotN)

Under Card:

Peter Petersson DEF Bobby Chunks via TKO (Strikes)
Ko Van Den Born DEF Ragnar Ragnarsson via KO (Punch)
Joao Andrade DEF Seelow Heights via Decision (Unanimous)
Dante Black DEF Alan Spence via KO (Punch
Paul Boxaaja DEF Shane Stead via Decision (Unanimous)
Alec Wolfe DEF Ginger Lee via TKO (Strikes)

• Upvote 1

I just spent the last 45 minutes working on a write up for the FotN.  Then my damned laptop closed my windows and all my work is gone.  So I will still try to do this fight recap but I'm a bit too pissed off atm.  I apologize for this, I was proud to do this for you guys.  But holy fuck, I hate my PC right now.  lol

At some point, I'll edit this post into the fight review that I was trying to do.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

I just spent the last 45 minutes working on a write up for the FotN.  Then my damned laptop closed my windows and all my work is gone.  So I will still try to do this fight recap but I'm a bit too pissed off atm.  I apologize for this, I was proud to do this for you guys.  But holy fuck, I hate my PC right now.  lol

At some point, I'll edit this post into the fight review that I was trying to do.  

Hate when that shit happens, had it happen before as well...normally if I'm doing it local in Word or something I'll have a recovery file that saves my ass, but sometimes it's just not there for one reason or another.  Another option is to do the work in google office or something which is constantly doing autosaves.  If you're doing it directly on the forum, yeah, that's a risky proposition for anything that should come up.

Thanks man.  I went to Butch to help me create something, and after a day or two of back and forth bouncing ideas, we hammered this one out.  I think we've finally got the Logo to stay.  But a huge shout out to Butch as we'd not have this without his help.  Also, a shout out to Hare who originally did the design work on these ranking graphics and former logo.  I simply modified it to change the logo to the new one, leaving the rest of Hare's work in place.

Those two guys have been a tremendous help to me, and the HFC, for the past year.  Just wanted to make sure to give them the credit due for the work and help.  Great community we have here, and love that we can all help each other out from time to time.

As for HFC, I have heard that we were runner up for ID restricted org of the year.  The award went to Sucker Punch, and rightly so.  Hare has done an outstanding job over there this past year and I knew we'd have a run for our money with that award and couldn't be happier for him and the guys over at SPPS for the rightfully deserved honor.

A full list of the award winners for the 2020 year can be found HERE.

A few managers within our organization have won awards, even if not with fighters signed to HFC.  A huge congratulations to those guys as they are all well deserved.  The awards committee did a great job this year.

Esiah Xavier - Best New Manager!

J.W. Hardman - Breakthrough Manager!

Bwang Jong Jr - Best Manager!

And several manager's fighters won individual awards for various categories and YABAI (shocker! HA!) won Alliance of the Year.  And let me just say, for any of you who don't know, YABAI is in full blown beast mode!  The rest of us have some ground to make up to knock them off the top!

Go check out the full list of award winners HERE as we all await the final award to be announced, Fighter of the Year.

Again, congratulations to all the managers who won awards, as well as those who received nominations for any of these awards.  These are very hard to earn so to all who have received awards, or those like Karter who have more trophies on display then hairs coming out of their head, keep up the good work and be proud of your accomplishments!

• Upvote 1

On 2/21/2021 at 10:03 PM, Bleakardor said:

This happened a few times to me when I was doing "write ups" for fighters on tycoon news, I started to do my write ups on my note pad on my lap top then copying it over to tycoon times, I would maybe start doing that. Better safe than sorry and you can hopefully avoid such frustrations in the future. 

19 hours ago, SavageMMa said:

This happened a few times to me when I was doing "write ups" for fighters on tycoon news, I started to do my write ups on my note pad on my lap top then copying it over to tycoon times, I would maybe start doing that. Better safe than sorry and you can hopefully avoid such frustrations in the future. 

I hope you do a nice long write up before Sosa beats David into obscurity. Have fun with bjj catch wrestler and GL cuz David got tapped by a dude with no striking ?

2 fight win streak and gets to talk himself into a fight with the champ. you're lucky my camp is gracious and likes easy wins. Keep padding Sosa's record.

p.s. Sitsongrit would sit on David's face with ease and make him look like an amateur in the wrong w/c.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Rambo said:

I hope you do a nice long write up before Sosa beats David into obscurity. Have fun with bjj catch wrestler and GL cuz David got tapped by a dude with no striking ?

2 fight win streak and gets to talk himself into a fight with the champ. you're lucky my camp is gracious and likes easy wins. Keep padding Sosa's record.

p.s. Sitsongrit would sit on David's face with ease and make him look like an amateur in the wrong w/c.

HAHA says the dude who manages the biggest chump of a champ in the game lmfao, every single person you defended your belt against, I could have easily beaten, I don't get what you are saying, I was dominating that dude on the ground and he got a lucky sub, it happens at least my guy isn't such a pussy that he's been tkod before, your dude has no heart and gave up like a little bitch lmao Sosa is inferior in every way and I promise that boy.

Edit: Wait sorry you didn't get tkod yet! lmao sorry I just know what's about to happen, call me Mystic Sav because I predict these things.

Edited by SavageMMa
I realized I hadn't knocked this dude out yet and I was just predicting the future.
  • Upvote 1

I wish I had the convo with JW about me switching weight classes still, I wanted to stay at 135 but I realized 145 had no competition so I decided to come up especially since the champ is such a chump. You got lucky against sitsongrit but your pussy ass fighter will look stupid against my guy.

LMFAO look at the facts, you get gifted with these fighters who have little to no grappling skills whatsoever, you get easy ass fights against people who like to strike but you're finally going to run into someone who can dominate the fight in every single aspect of martial arts and ever since you found out you'd have to fight DAVID Dilbrandt you've has been on buzz saying stupid shit trying to get out of the fight " I hope Jw sees this, so my fighter doesn't have to fight him"  yada yada yada and so forth.... On a  post I was joking around on... and lol you should know that, I have worked with Chris Carters org lmao If I ever declined a fight it was due to an obvious skill gap or a morale issue. If I ever waited more than a day to accept it was because I was looking to see how fast my morale would increase because I accepted a fight that I probably knew I was going to lose the fight before. lmao

"David lands a pitter patter jab to the forehead of Sosa with nothing behind it"

HE"S ROCKED!!!

"Marcello Sosa looks like a gust of wind could knock him out right now!"

"David Dilbrand lands a Tornado kick, Marcello is out cold!"

"A sad picture as you see Marcello's Grandmother is seen in the front row crying, lets hope he and his family are okay".

• Upvote 1