WKBC 145LB creation tournament - 250K Prize

blazinguy

We are waiting for the ID hit which shouldn't be to far away. I am currently on 4 week lockdown so I have plenty of time to manage this tournament.

Confirmed contestants are

1. Topdawent

2.Bjornmma1

3. Noprideleft

4. Barney

5. Alfred Winterbottom

6. SavageMMA

7. TheRaven

8. Stpierrecanada

9. Lotos

10. Genocide

11. Imcool

12. Popart

13. 762x39

14. Repe

15. DavvyJones

16 . Since Gator001 left this spot can be @Monsieur.Camara if your interested? otherwise 15 contestants will be plenty.

All rules are listed on the front page, once characters are made send me fight page and ill send contract and the tournament start date will be announced then, it'll pay to create quicker n get some extra training in if you can, or do you risk creating multiple contestants to get the one with the right hidden? what strategy will you approach with? WKBC 145 tournament will be legendary.

• Upvote 1

A few things:

- Next time, you should make the rules more transparent(for example, I JUST found out this is KT after Bradley asked. I probably should've checked your org so that's on me, but you should still include that in the rules)

- Seems like you need to update the prize pool in your original post

- 360k will likely hit in a day or 2. When is creation date for the tournament? As soon as 360k hits?

A few things:

- Next time, you should make the rules more transparent(for example, I JUST found out this is KT after Bradley asked. I probably should've checked your org so that's on me, but you should still include that in the rules)

- Seems like you need to update the prize pool in your original post

- 360k will likely hit in a day or 2. When is creation date for the tournament? As soon as 360k hits?

1. Yeah I should of stated it to be K1 but I thought it was self explanatory with my org being the World Kick Boxing Championship, like don't expect no armbars here lol...my bad for not stating it tho.

2. I'll update once I have a exact number for prize, it's gonna be at least a mil, 2nd n 3rd will get descent prizes aswell.

3.as soon as 360k ID hits start creating n training etc, At this stage the Tournament will begin April 20th NZ time.

I will enter this if needed...Let me know....I have plenty of fighters to make. Maybe we can push this to a 20 man? If it hits 20 fighters I'd add to the prize pot..between 250 and 500k

Hey mate, we have room for you, what country will you represent? I'll add you to the pool. it doesn't truely matter how many competitors we have as it'll have 5 rounds for the regular season and the 8 with the most points will advance to the playoffs.

It just means the more competitors, the less chance each has to make it to the playoffs, but I could extend the regular season due to extra competitors which could make it interesting. I'll see what everyone thinks would be best for regular season length.

I was thinking 5 rounds (10 weeks) fight once every 2 weeks, then at the end of that, the 8 highest point earners will be seeded in to the playoff rounds which will lead to the grand finale.

that'd make the tournament a total of 16 weeks at that pace, let me know how many regular season matches everyone wants?

• Upvote 1

Hey mate, we have room for you, what country will you represent? I'll add you to the pool. it doesn't truely matter how many competitors we have as it'll have 5 rounds for the regular season and the 8 with the most points will advance to the playoffs.

It just means the more competitors, the less chance each has to make it to the playoffs, but I could extend the regular season due to extra competitors which could make it interesting. I'll see what everyone thinks would be best for regular season length.

I was thinking 5 rounds (10 weeks) fight once every 2 weeks, then at the end of that, the 8 highest point earners will be seeded in to the playoff rounds which will lead to the grand finale.

that'd make the tournament a total of 16 weeks at that pace, let me know how many regular season matches everyone wants?

Sounds good to me, personally. What’s everyone else think here?

Ok, so creation date is whenever 360 turns, got that.

Having an even number of fighters is important so everyone has the same opportunity to earn points. For a balanced tournament, in the "regular season", each fighter should fight every other fighter. Off hand, it looks like you didn't think this through 100%. If you go w/ season+playoff format, you can't have just 5 rounds in the regular season(I'm sure I don't need to explain the reasoning behind that). You would need to have a REALLY long tournament. With 16 fighters, you should do a simple 16 man bracket style and call it a day.

So, you either have a really short tournament, or a really long one. If you go w/ the middle ground, results may not represent the best fighter in the tournament.

Sidenote: Sometimes having a fight every 2 weeks is impossible due to fighter injuries/cuts, but that can just be a stipulation of the tournament. A "deal w/ it" type of situation.

Ok, so creation date is whenever 360 turns, got that.

Having an even number of fighters is important so everyone has the same opportunity to earn points. For a balanced tournament, in the "regular season", each fighter should fight every other fighter. Off hand, it looks like you didn't think this through 100%. If you go w/ season+playoff format, you can't have just 5 rounds in the regular season(I'm sure I don't need to explain the reasoning behind that). You would need to have a REALLY long tournament. With 16 fighters, you should do a simple 16 man bracket style and call it a day.

So, you either have a really short tournament, or a really long one. If you go w/ the middle ground, results may not represent the best fighter in the tournament.

Sidenote: Sometimes having a fight every 2 weeks is impossible due to fighter injuries/cuts, but that can just be a stipulation of the tournament. A "deal w/ it" type of situation.

correct.

your correct there, we will need even numbers for this to work correctly. so i will make sure to finalise with even numbers. Well i want a medium length tournament, not a year long but 2-3 months worth and to also use this tournament to create new contenders for my 155 division. That is fine results do not represent the best fighter, a bit of luck will be involved here.

I will state, fighters will fight regardless of injuries/cuts etc every fortnight, conceeding the bout is an instant 1st round TKO for the opponent and will be treated as such but i don't expect anyone to decline fights here as you will be cutting yourself short on gaining points.

correct.

your correct there, we will need even numbers for this to work correctly. so i will make sure to finalise with even numbers. Well i want a medium length tournament, not a year long but 2-3 months worth and to also use this tournament to create new contenders for my 155 division. That is fine results do not represent the best fighter, a bit of luck will be involved here.

I will state, fighters will fight regardless of injuries/cuts etc every fortnight, conceeding the bout is an instant 1st round TKO for the opponent and will be treated as such but i don't expect anyone to decline fights here as you will be cutting yourself short on gaining points.

There shouldn't be luck involved in a tournament likes this. May as well just pull names of winners out of a hat. The best fighter should win, that's the logical outcome. If my fighter fights 5 managers who don't know what a slider looks like and Alfreds fighter fights 5 top managers, it won't be a fair tournament.

There shouldn't be luck involved in a tournament likes this. May as well just pull names of winners out of a hat. The best fighter should win, that's the logical outcome. If my fighter fights 5 managers who don't know what a slider looks like and Alfreds fighter fights 5 top managers, it won't be a fair tournament.

You need some luck in most tournaments to advance, that is the same here.

"Maori " Alec Diego (360138)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15810463519624.gif

Diego, like all his uncles and his father, were or are currently also on Bradley Burns roster. A Maori Warrior in every sense, fighting is in his blood. This family is known their brute toughness, devastating KO Power, dense bone structure and thick skulls. They are very hard to hurt. Alec and his bigger paternal Twin Brother Dom is the next generation of the Diego family.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15807439632559.gif

Eduardo Esteves is known as “The Mexican Masochist” because of his great love for pain- not only does he not dodge punches, he welcomes them. His opponents however, are not so thrilled to get in the octagon with him. His opponents have described his pre-fight nipple tweaking as “aggressive,” and his in-fight moaning as “deeply, deeply disturbing.” His manager agrees, but can’t argue with his granite chin and KO Power!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14488802766480.png

Jacobo "El Toro Loco" Fonseca

Running El Salvador as a hobby on a daily basis.

No people die without me giving the permission first. I AM GOD!

When I kiss my mother on the forehead, she knows that I'm heading out for a new mission.
This time, it's a kickboxing tournament. They specifically explained me that killing is not allowed in the ring, but aah well, sue me!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/d1fa8478de8608efe0b39bee63e05472/tumblr_n54i71T5hF1rtml9xo1_400.gif

• Upvote 2

VALDECI CAMPOS SOBRINHO

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15797748914372.jpg

VALDECI WAS ONCE AN EVANGELICAL PASTOR IN GOIAS, BRAZIL. HE USED TO SCAM LADIES AT HIS CHURCH AFTER SUNDAY PRAYERS, TAKING THEM TO AN OPEN FIELD BEHIND THE CHURCH AND TELLING THEM THE HOLY MILK HAD TO BE SUCK OUT OF HIS BODY, BY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMANDING THEM.

HE WAS ARRESTED AND THEN REFORMED AT THE VATICAN. NOW SOBRINO USES HIS HOLY MILK TO MOLEST GROWN UP BETA MALES AT THE RING.

• Upvote 2

VALDECI CAMPOS SOBRINHO

VALDECI WAS ONCE AN EVANGELICAL PASTOR IN GOIAS, BRAZIL. HE USED TO SCAM LADIES AT HIS CHURCH AFTER SUNDAY PRAYERS, TAKING THEM TO AN OPEN FIELD BEHIND THE CHURCH AND TELLING THEM THE HOLY MILK HAD TO BE SUCK OUT OF HIS BODY, BY THE POWER OF CHRIST COMANDING THEM.

HE WAS ARRESTED AND THEN REFORMED AT THE VATICAN. NOW SOBRINO USES HIS HOLY MILK TO MOLEST GROWN UP BETA MALES AT THE RING.

YOUR CAPS LOCK IS JAMMED. CLICK ON IT ONCE MORE. All will be back to normal. You are welcome.

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU WROTE. DO YOU BELIEVE IN CHRIST? I HEAR HIM ASKING YOU FOR SOMETHING.

YOUR CAPS LOCK IS JAMMED. CLICK ON IT ONCE MORE. All will be back to normal. You are welcome.

awesome fighters so far everyone!! very creative and will make this an epic tournament.

So I have started to send out contracts to competitors. I will wait till a minimum of 16 are signed to the org before i start match making, next step is to set the first fight date for April 28th NZ time. This will give everyone suitable time to train some uniqueness into their fighters. Train hard, be ready come April 28th.

preliminary rounds are as is:

3x3min rounds

total of 6 rounds: matches will be drawn randomly. (no rematches however during preliminary rounds)

Fights take place every 2 weeks regardless of injury, failing to accept will mean instant win for your scheduled opponent (+3 points)

Refer to Main post for Point system, I will create a spreadsheet and track this and will add it to this forum in due time.

Final 8 rules

Quater final rules:

3x3 min rounds.

winner advanced to semi finals

Semi Final Rules:

3x3 min rounds

winner advanced to finals

losers advance to 3rd place playoffs

Final Rules:

5x3min rounds.

145lb title to be crowned to finalist. Aswell as 1.5mil prize

2nd place prize will be 600k

3rd 250k

All competitors are welcome to stay on and compete in my B class 155 division after the tournament has finished.

Also train hard, supplements are allowed except no weight supplements. fund your own fighters (im sure you can manage this) .

Here is my entry: Legendary Thai Fighter Sagat 'Tigerstyle' Petchyindee

http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=360213

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1