Does anybody understand the new company math?

bobloblaw

Im probably opening public gym to Helsinki and possibly another gym into the next island if there isnt good enought.

If you read this Mike is it ok to run company at island with negative balance, so that every thursday it takes money out of your manager balance? Doesent really belong into the island imho, but if its fine, its must :shades:

Can't open two "premium gyms"; not sure how to open a non-premium gym; tried making the first gym public to see if that would make it non-premium, still no-go.

That is weird, from what it says in the description, you can run 2 company types.

From what i understand, if lets say i have an org and make another one, that means 4 extra vip days per week? 4 + 4 / 2 = 4?

Too big a penalty for owning or wanting a private gym. If the objective here is to get more businesses in the game I don't see how this will generate anything meaningful. If the objective is to generate more income for the game by sucking up VIP days I don't think that's going to generate anything meaningful either.

If you want players to use VIP days there has to be some good (fun) reason to do it. So I open a new company at the cost of 70-85% of annual VIP what do I get? You get the enjoyment of owning another company sure, and more game money if you're running it to make money.

So yea!, more game money. What to do with it? It's almost worthless. Guys are paying $3.5 million for a year's VIP on the Exchange. After you buy a jet what do you do with the money? If you want players to spend real money on fake money you need to give them something to spend it on. So many games out there have boatloads of frivolous vanity or useful items to spend fake money on. Could be done here too, just requires a little effort. This isn't going to work as hoped for I'm afraid.

• Upvote 2

Mike decided to channel his inner wizard to complicate simple information.

This.

Gotta say I was excited for this but now I’m pretty disappointed in the way this new company thing was done.

Much too expensive for me, when I just wanted to make an org or public gym to help the community out.

It is actually cheaper this way compared to running multis you need to supply with 7 days per week.

^^^This or paying another players VIP in exchange for holding a company for you. To hold an Org and a Gym is 6 days VIP, still cheaper then paying someone to hold a gym for you.

- Private gym: 8 points.

- Org: 4 points.

- Nutrition / Clothing: 2 points.

- Public gym: 2-8 points ... I don't feel like going here.

If you turn any company a variable The equation is

((A+B)/2)+C = extra VIP days for company

the the highest value being A and the lowest C.

If you want a second company you use (A+B)/2 to calculate exactly how many extra days it costs.

So Gym(8)+Org(4)/2 = 6 extra days,

Gym(8)+Nutrition/Clothing(2)/2 = 5 extra days.

Nutrition/Clothing(2)+Org(4)/2 = 3 extra days

Nutrition(2)+Clothing(2)/2= 2 extra days.

It's now always cheaper to run 2 companies with 1 account and a combo of Gym, Org, and Nutrition/Clothing should cost 8 VIP days.

I originally came up with the idea to not see a gym as a company, or at least was the first one to post about it.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55996&p=778792

As much as it seems that now finally such a move sort of has been implemented, I do not agree at all with how it is implemented.
The game is called MMA Tycoon, but a manager who wants to own an extra company has to therefore spend roughly 1,4 times the normal amount of VIP days to do so.

Why punish managers who are actually working to make the game deeper and more interesting!?

If I would have been the game owner, I would have wanted to promote this and not punish people for expanding the depth of my game...

The extra companies benefit the game!!

Really disappointed with this implementation of my idea. This is not how it should have been. Just my two honest cents...

• Upvote 5

They are not the same ballpark of business, clothing/nutrition are cheaper because they require less effort and produce less profit so it has an overall smaller impact on the game compare to an org while a private gym being the go-to for about 90% of top managers also sells it's own value.This is fair and I would be happy to consider opening another org down the road with these guidelines. I would also say Mike needed to build this so he earns less from people switching from multis but also make back some of the money from those multis that were already in game, this also needs to be appealing honest customers. The process seems to both so he's not totally pissing away profits while this transitions and seems like a fine balance to me.

They are not the same ballpark of business, clothing/nutrition are cheaper because they require less effort and produce less profit so it has an overall smaller impact on the game. This is fair and I would be happy to consider opening another org down the road with these guidelines. I would also say Mike needed to build this so he earns less than people just using multis but also make back some of the money from those multis that were already in game, this also needs to be appealing honest customers. The process seems to both so he's not totally pissing away profits while this transitions and seems like a fine balance to me.

Should I want to have an org and gym (and I would have wanted that actually), I would be paying roughly 60% more VIP days for that.

Way to punish people for actually putting extra time and effort into the game...!

However in return, managers now get punished for putting the extra time and effort into the game.

Shitty balance if you ask me....

• Upvote 1