New company slots are overpriced

Mikie

You're not paying anything for the first company slot. You are getting a "bonus" if you choose not to open one up. You still get the 365 VIP days for a years of purchase, you would just get a few bonus days without a company.

If you own 2 companies they both get combined to determine how many vip days you owe per week

I personally like the system as it is Mike .Just add a cap of 3-4 fighters maximum per training session and public gyms will be less of pain in the ass to manage.Another idea would be to make coach wages for public gyms slightly cheaper ,compared to a private one . That would allow public gym owners to make some extra profit and need less members in their gyms. Good job on adding the extra company slots. We ve been waiting for it for a looong time !

Maybe give public gyms more space with regards to coaches. I dont know how it works now ive not checked but say a private gym gets x amount a public gym gets an extra 500/1000 point for coaches but with a cap still?

Thanks, PBR. I always thought that it was weird to maintain that. Nice to see this fixed.

Also, sorry for your increasing expenses.

when game first started you could have multiple companies but many lost vip due to not much money then and cried about it to mike as if money grab for vip so he was sort of forced to change it but once that had extra companies were allowed to keep them -- i was the last one still around with extra -- its all good though no real advantage to extra company really once you have funding for gym -- honestly i hardly even play or even try in game anymore -- having set training or sliders in yr or more probably -- lol -- once set just roll with them good or bad

• Upvote 1

The VIP days are strictly for the second company...don't want to pay extra VIP days, hold just one company and you won't be charged anything extra.

Yes i know this, what i am saying why does your first company cost VIP days when you get another company

Because both companies add up then get divided to determine how many VIP days you owe

Ps. I know you dont get charged for owning a single company please read the question property

They suck for the game not for the individual. Over the years I've made the gap between one on one training and 2/3 people in a session smaller and smaller to encourage people to run public gyms. It hasn't worked. However, I am not going to do anything to actually encourage people to have a private gym.

I will see what I can do to make public gyms more appealing, if we don't get enough people creating them because of this extra slot.

Because it isn't the same... 100 sessions, 200 sessions, 300 sessions from now, how much more skilled is the fighter w/ 1 on 1 strictly if learning speed is same? It's like two fights do QFC debut... one signs to ID org and fights 10 fights... one sits in a gym and cooks for 6 months... you'd be surprised how many extra sessions the cooker squeezed out compared to the fighter who has had to lose sessions due to recovering energy.

Point is, every little inch or % matters to most of these people. You wanna change it? Equalize it.

• Upvote 3

Because it isn't the same... 100 sessions, 200 sessions, 300 sessions from now, how much more skilled is the fighter w/ 1 on 1 strictly if learning speed is same? It's like two fights do QFC debut... one signs to ID org and fights 10 fights... one sits in a gym and cooks for 6 months... you'd be surprised how many extra sessions the cooker squeezed out compared to the fighter who has had to lose sessions due to recovering energy.

Point is, every little inch or % matters to most of these people. You wanna change it? Equalize it.

If people doubled up their gym with someone else, the fighter would get to the same place 2 weeks later maybe... I don't blame people for having private gyms. If the option is there, you can take it. I'll just repeat though, that I'm not going to encourage anyone to have them.

• Upvote 3

Yes i know this, what i am saying why does your first company cost VIP days when you get another company

Because both companies add up then get divided to determine how many VIP days you owe

Ps. I know you dont get charged for owning a single company please read the question property

You don't get "charged for the first company".

Think about it... If you only look at what the "second" company is, if someone had a gym first then opened a clothing company, it would cost a different amount to someone who had a clothing company first and then a gym second. You have to look at all the companies someone has and work out an average.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Hey guys, the way I see it is we got what we asked for....give it a rest and quit bitching. If you wanna pay for it do it, if not don't...its pretty simple. Thank you Mike for being involved in YOUR game that gives us little shits something to do.

^^^ This... we asked for the additional company slots to be added, Mike listened and did as we asked. Expecting it to have been done for free or little to no cost was never to be expected. No matter what not everyone will be happy but if you are not happy then don't add a second company, instead pay someone else's full VIP to hold a second company for you...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The first company is not costing you VIP days it is merely used in the equation to determine how much the additional company will cost.

• Upvote 1

when game first started you could have multiple companies but many lost vip due to not much money then and cried about it to mike as if money grab for vip so he was sort of forced to change it but once that had extra companies were allowed to keep them -- i was the last one still around with extra -- its all good though no real advantage to extra company really once you have funding for gym -- honestly i hardly even play or even try in game anymore -- having set training or sliders in yr or more probably -- lol -- once set just roll with them good or bad

Had no idea it was like that, but interesting to know. Don't really see how people were losing their VIP unless they were running orgs, maybe money was so scarce they used that ingame loan function? But it does sound a lot like what people have been asking for lately with allowing multiple company slots and adding money sinks.

Literally the only expensive thing is a private gym. Don't pretend you're offering anything to the game from having a private gym.... You're doing that for your own gain and nobody else's. Private gyms suck. They have very, very minimal benefit over training in gyms with other people and I want to discourage them, not encourage them.

I want to ENCOURAGE public gyms, which are a lot cheaper and actually do benefit other players.

I have one of every company type and that totals 8 days extra a week.

A clothing and a nutrition company is 2 days extra a week ($8.50 a year extra if you buy 1 year VIP at a time for $30).

If you have an org and a clothing / nutrition company that's 3 days a week aka $12.85.

If you have a public gym and an org, you can do that for about 3-4 days extra a week.

As someone who PM'd me already mentioned, I haven't raised the price of VIP since 2009. Just raising it at the price of inflation means VIP should be $40+ per year by now. As it is I prefer to keep VIP cheaper and let people buy extra stuff if they want to. If you don't want to, don't.

As for the 10% extra VIP time for not having a company. That's literally been there since the start of the game. More than 11 years. If you are just noticing it now and are somehow outraged and think that shows how the game has gone to shit, that kinda says it all... Get wound up, don't get wound up. Knock yourself out. FWIW, I'm gunna remove that extra 10% because it doesn't really matter and people obviously didn't even notice it was a thing anyway until they wanted to find something else to complain about.

If those are your thoughts on private gyms then why not just disable them?

• Upvote 1

If those are your thoughts on private gyms then why not just disable them?

Open a public gym, set the limit to your number of fighters, fill it and go about business as per normal, welcome to your new 'public' gym. He'd had to remove limiting the number of fighters in a gym and that would by the probable cause of a mutiny. I see it as almost a chicken and egg type of situation, it's only here because when the game started it wasn't used to maximize training - that happened later after people earned money and by the time I'd guess the economy evolved in this direction it was too late to make huge changes without potentially hurting the player base.

When the game was starting out it pulling private training from that initial group that would have had to put in the effort to get there would have probably felt punishing, eventually this just evolved behind that into the norm I would assume. I think this update shows that regardless of the outcome as long as the effect 'feels' bad to someone personally there will be people who complain once it's changed. You remove the ability to min-max training at the highest level and guys who play the game at that top level will only have an extra unknown to contend with in terms of who is joining classes and how effective their training is, I'd only see the end user experience some extra frustration eventually.

• Upvote 2

I appreciate Mike's efforts to make incentives for owning a public gym, I really do. I think private will still be the norm until gyms are either profitable or the effectiveness for fighters per coach sessions are increased dramatically. Who knows the repercussions of that one.

They already were. 2v1 sessions were greatly boosted compared to 2010

If people doubled up their gym with someone else, the fighter would get to the same place 2 weeks later maybe... I don't blame people for having private gyms. If the option is there, you can take it. I'll just repeat though, that I'm not going to encourage anyone to have them.

Fighter B public training isn't catching the Fighter A private training in 2 weeks. Fighter A still training... fighter B doesnt catch up til fighters hit skill cap.

I had a fighter, learning speed in 80s or 90's, technically above average learning speed, and I thought he was slowest learner ever. He was declining before he hit his skill cap. The training gets so slow. I can't imagine noobs being able to endure that in a public gym, even if they endure the fighters slow learning, he is getting wrecked a dozen times by most projects and VIPs that test learning speed because the skill gap is vastly different over an extended period of time.

I'd look into decreasing the gap between 1 and 150 on learning speed. Noobs must see fighter improvement.

Making 3v1 sessions just as effective, at least 2v1 as 1v1. Maybe make up to 4v1 the new 2v1 sessions, 5-10 people the new 3vs1 sessions...

You could make 2v1 training same as 1v1. Could remove coaching cap, or raise it, remove the skill points cap...

I know the toleration of slow learners culls the VIP rollover rate when ID orgs roll around and people are rolling for learning speed and hiddens, but a few hundred more active users is benefitial to the game and might make up for it financially. Takes too long to get to skill cap, private gym or not. A lot of managers drop when it's time to recycle the roster because the long term process it takes to build fighters...

You don't have to make it to where guys are capped in a month, but you can have a fighter for an IRL year and he still isn't ready to fight the top 10 fighters in his w/c... illogical imo to have that slow of a turnover rate.

• Upvote 4