Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

Sucker-Punch-Fist-Forum.png

Rankings Updates - Alert!

Just a heads up folks that we're currently in the process of putting out a full rankings update this weekend. The Featherweights are currently updated here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910173

I expect to have all of the others updated mid-day tomorrow. I'll put another update here as soon as they are all updated! Stay tuned.

Edit: Lightweights are now updated as well.

• Upvote 4

Hi Hare,

do you know when you’ll next update Sp stats e.g. fastest finish, most matches ect

That's the one thing I just flat out couldn't keep up with. I have somebody on hand to help but honestly I've been delinquent in providing the data I've said I would. I have however done some additional thing with the spreadsheets I'm keeping to organize it more and might be able to look at updating that stuff in the next week since we don't have another card until next weekend.

Rankings Updates - Alert!

Just a heads up folks that we're currently in the process of putting out a full rankings update this weekend. The Featherweights are currently updated here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910173

I expect to have all of the others updated mid-day tomorrow. I'll put another update here as soon as they are all updated! Stay tuned.

Edit: Lightweights are now updated as well.

All of our rankings are now updated folks! You can always find the entire list as it's been updated most recently here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910173

Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

Honestly surprised you have Sefina ranked 4 at hw. Happy to see him ranked. Just shocked he made the cut

Shouldn't really be a surprise. He's 6-2 overall, won his debut fight at SP and is a 3.0* skill estimate rating (behind the scenes thing). We only have three 4.0* ratings in the division and one 3.5* rating. And one of those 4.0's lost his debut fight. Hell, not only should he be ranked that high, he's borderline in line for a shot at a TC establishing fight.

Now, that said, the 4.0 who lost his debut fight is Hero Shima and I need to get him back into the rotation soon for a fight. However, he's been ducked 2-3 times already when I've tried to set up fights for him. Ultimately, I have to get him into the mix somehow, so I'm about to send out an email to all Heavyweights basically saying that if somebody is willing to step up to Shima in their next fight, I'll make it so if you win you get a title shot in January against the winner of Thoth Chontamenti/Kingston Wall! If nobody steps up to him, frankly he'll get a title shot with an 0-2 record. Which would be ridiculous, but hey, if nobody wants to fight him, must mean he's worthy eh? lol

• Upvote 1

Shouldn't really be a surprise. He's 6-2 overall, won his debut fight at SP and is a 3.0* skill estimate rating (behind the scenes thing). We only have three 4.0* ratings in the division and one 3.5* rating. And one of those 4.0's lost his debut fight. Hell, not only should he be ranked that high, he's borderline in line for a shot at a TC establishing fight.

Now, that said, the 4.0 who lost his debut fight is Hero Shima and I need to get him back into the rotation soon for a fight. However, he's been ducked 2-3 times already when I've tried to set up fights for him. Ultimately, I have to get him into the mix somehow, so I'm about to send out an email to all Heavyweights basically saying that if somebody is willing to step up to Shima in their next fight, I'll make it so if you win you get a title shot in January against the winner of Thoth Chontamenti/Kingston Wall! If nobody steps up to him, frankly he'll get a title shot with an 0-2 record. Which would be ridiculous, but hey, if nobody wants to fight him, must mean he's worthy eh? lol

Well Hare you know I dont duck fights so if I win next week book my guy to fight him.

• Upvote 1

Well Hare you know I dont duck fights so if I win next week book my guy to fight him.

Now that's what I'm f'ing talking about! We've got ourselves a baller folks!

As the #5 overall on the rankings, that pretty much calls the shot. The only one who would have dibs over Sefina would be the winner of Balkan/Haden as they're currently ranked #3 and #4 before their fight. Let's see how the fights go then and we can figure out who wants/gets it! Good on you man.

• Upvote 1

Sefina is going to win next week. Mind you I thought Mills was going to win also. But the risk is worth the reward if this gets me a shot at the champ Or at least in the conversation I’m in. I want to be fighting against the best managers in the game and beating their fighters. Improves my slider skills and gets me back into being a top ranked manager which is what I want.

• Upvote 1

Records Updated - Alert!

That's right folks, believe it or not, the records have been updated! Please, if you find something that doesn't look quite right, let me know. It was a lot to go through, so I did my very best. I believe it's accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two things slightly off. The records will always be available here as of their last updates: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910174

Now, all of this was made possible today because Donkey and I got the day off from doing the event review for SPPS 23...now, why did we get the day off you may ask? I mean, we haven't seen a damned review yet, have we? So where the hell is it? Well...that's coming up shortly here...very shortly, like soon after I post this. And...the reason we got a break...is because this review will be a special one. Hang in there, you'll see the details soon. And no, when I say special one this time...it really isn't just me doing the review with yet another personality and using that as an excuse to cheap out on it...haha! Actually, it's my oldest daughter who is actually doing the write-up! Yep, hang onto your shorts!

• Upvote 3

Records Updated - Alert!

That's right folks, believe it or not, the records have been updated! Please, if you find something that doesn't look quite right, let me know. It was a lot to go through, so I did my very best. I believe it's accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are one or two things slightly off. The records will always be available here as of their last updates: http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65096&p=910174

Now, all of this was made possible today because Donkey and I got the day off from doing the event review for SPPS 23...now, why did we get the day off you may ask? I mean, we haven't seen a damned review yet, have we? So where the hell is it? Well...that's coming up shortly here...very shortly, like soon after I post this. And...the reason we got a break...is because this review will be a special one. Hang in there, you'll see the details soon. And no, when I say special one this time...it really isn't just me doing the review with yet another personality and using that as an excuse to cheap out on it...haha! Actually, it's my oldest daughter who is actually doing the write-up! Yep, hang onto your shorts!

Look forward to the review. Happy see I hold some records

• Upvote 1

Risa Roo Reviews...

Sucker Punch Pro Series 23!

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans everywhere! Hare Rumpler here and I'm only here for a few moments to intro this thing...because, well...as I hinted about up above when I posted the updated SPPS Records...I was able to get to the rankings and records updates today because I was freed up from having to do the review for SPPS 23 this weekend! Yay right? Well, hold on there, don't get too excited yet...because that just means that somebody else wrote it...and no, it wasn't another one of my multiple personalities...instead, it was one of my offspring this time! Yes, my eldest daughter, an 18 (almost 19) year old nutso who should be off at college but instead is stuck at home for her freshman year due to Covid and her school not allowing anybody on campus.

So here's how this came about. She's been razzing me nonstop lately telling me that my roast game is weak, that there's a reason why I was lit up by Chris Karter recently not only in the cage with his boy Marcello over with HFC against my boy Nati Pisswater, but also in the Tycoon Times where he dusted me pretty badly. So she declared that SHE could do a better job with these write-ups than I could. Well, that remains to be seen, but she'll certainly have a different take on things. She doesn't play MMAT, but she is familiar enough with UFC from having seen it on TV more than a few times here at home. She's an avid WWE fan (yes, let her have it for that!) and a big fan of American Ninja Warrior and Survivor. Now, I haven't read this thing yet. I basically just copy pasted it, and I'm going to read it at the same time as you guys do. She did have me read at least one section of it and I heard her going on and on about certain things while she was working on it. So, um, if she got into you pretty bad at any point, well, I'm sorry and please don't leave us because of it! Haha, although this is Sucker Punch, you should be able to take it!

In advance though, I want to apologize to poor Dennis Jorge. I know she let you have it pretty good...you were one of the first fights, and she latched onto you like a pitbull and just wouldn't let go! She even kept calling you "George". I told her it was probably pronounced more as you would in spanish, more like "Hor-hay", but she declared that Jorge sounds like more a badass than George, and when you lose...well, you get to be called George! That's one of the few things I know about this write-up without reading more. Other than that she doesn't like long names. I got that from the passing conversation as well. So anyways...here we go...and if this is horrendous...let her have it!

Our first fight from Friday night (hehe that rhymes) was a middleweight matchup between Alex Maniatakos and Dennis Jorge. While slated to be a three-round fight, it quickly turned into one of the more boring fights I’ve seen in a long time, so I’m quite glad it only lasted one round. I couldn’t even tell you if Jorge was trying to fight on the defensive the whole time or not, but if he was he was not doing a very good job at it. Jorge spent most of the fight essentially running away from Maniatakos, who was on the offensive the whole time. Jorge had two failed attempts to get onto the offensive with a failed head punch and a failed head kick. He finally made contact ONCE during the whole fight, which thrilled our commentators since he “makes [Maniatakos] pay by landing a thudding low kick.” Yup, that single kick really made him pay. For sure. As our wonderful commentators put it that kick was “a great period of action - very entertaining stuff!” Overall the fight lasted just over a minute, with Maniatakos winning with a knockout in one round. Really Jorge? A minute? Someone clearly can’t hang. I hope Jorge and his manager had a LONG talk after that one. Nice job to Maniatakos, I hope next time he gets a fight with someone who’s in the mood to fight back. One quick question: can I get that minute I wasted watching Jorge get absolutely wrecked back please? I feel like there are better things I could put that minute and five seconds toward.

Our next fight of the night was a welterweight matchup between Sergio Vargas and Joseph Weaver. Weaver was new to the cage, so it was nice to see how well he held his own throughout the match. He dominated the first round and set this up to be a nice fight from the get-go. Neither Vargas nor Weaver lost much ground for very long throughout the first round, and they both made a lot of attempts to knock the other’s vibes off enough to make a strong move (sometimes from a half a mile away as our commentators put it), although neither was successful in their attempts to control the fight during the first round. Vargas then took control in the second round. We can clearly see where experience trumps effort as Weaver could not keep up with Vargas for the most part. Weaver spent most of the second-round blocking hits and kicks while trying and failing to clinch up. Clearly Weaver was more comfortable in the clinch and couldn’t adapt to Vargas’s change in approach during the second round, typical rookie mistake. Weaver finally got the clinch he wanted, but couldn’t break it when he needed and got rocked pretty hard by Vargas before Vargas finally broke the clinch and ended the fight with a handful of strikes. I was hoping for a nice FINISH HIM moment, Mortal Kombat style, but alas, we cannot all have what we want in life. Nice attempts from Weaver, hopefully he gets more comfortable in the cage. And a nice shoutout to Vargas for good control in the second round of that matchup.

Two fights down, seven to go. Our third match-up of the night is a featherweight bout between KJ Aldo and Ivan Mrka. And let me tell you, my first thought when I saw this fight was “these are some funny looking dudes.” Their profile pictures look like they were taken post-fight, dude. They look like Dennis Jorge from earlier tonight after he got roughed up pretty bad in his crime scene of a fight! Anyway, enough about their funny noses. On to the fight!! The first round was something, let me tell you. I think our commentators put it best when they said “the crowd [is] thankful this round is nearly over” toward the end of the first round. Aldo and Mrka switched back and forth between offensive and defensive, but they spent about two minutes in the takedown and it got pretty boring in the last minute of it. The round ended close, although Aldo got the nod. The majority of the second round was spent clinching. Not my favorite way to spend most of the round, but it worked in Mrka’s favor and he came out on top for that round. Third round was spent nearly completely in a clinch! These guys sure know what works for them and stick with it, huh? The clinch is broken! And before anything can happen, they’re back in another clinch! Oh my gosh! What an exciting and different thing to happen compared to the last four minutes of this round! The round ended on a boring note, no KOs or TKOs. Even more disappointing to think about when you’re still looking for your perfect FINISH HIM moment of the night. Mrka ended up taking the fight in a unanimous decision, congrats bro! I think my favorite part of this fight was that both of our fighters had four letter last names. Makes my write-up SOOOO much easier when I don’t have to remember a whole alphabet of letters (I’m looking at you Maniatakos).

Fourth fight of the night! This one is a welterweight bout between Red Crow and Mister Lee. Mr. Lee, I love your hat. Very Mortal Combat-esque. 10/10. Red Crow, your mohawk is also pretty fire. These guys got some style. Round one went off and we had some instant-replay worthy moments. Our guy Crow had a little bit of a slip after a missed head kick. Have a nice trip, see you next fall! Can we get that slip in slow-mo on an instant replay? He recovered quickly though and got right back into it. Shame on Monsieur Lee for not capitalizing on the opportunity. The round wraps itself up with a lot of attempts and misses from both Crow and Señor Lee. Lots of attempted action at least, A for effort on both parts. Signore Lee went for kimura twice in the first minute of the second round. Crow managed to escape, but Herr Lee went for three more sub-attempts throughout the round, these three in the form of an arm triangle. I was excited, this is the first match we’ve seen tonight with sub attempts, and I love a good submission. Both fighters were clearly worn out by the third round. Nothing all too exciting, lots of jabs and kicks and other things that we see regularly. In the end, Red Crow took the win in a unanimous decision. Despite the Mortal Combat outfit, Mister Lee didn’t pull through with our big FINISH HIM moment. We’ll stay on the lookout.

Fight number five. This one’s a middleweight match between Sean Smith and Gancho Ganevski. “The Young Gun” Smith is really putting on the gun show in his profile picture and flexing on Ganveski. Pop off Smith. That’s got to be at least an 8-pack going on there, maybe a 10-pack on a good day. Ganveski’s strong defense made it hard for Smith to land punches initially, but after a few clinches Smith rocks Ganveski with a hard knock to the side of the head and quickly KOed him with a nice precision combo. Did someone say up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A? Smith’s flexing paid off and after just one round he got the W. Welcome to the crew of dub szn bois Smith.

Our sixth match was a featherweight match between Dino Ebedi and Mike Ehrmantraut. A couple more funny looking guys. My real question is: what KIND of dinosaur is Ebedi. I’m getting slight velociraptor vibes. Not the most exciting match-up, more offensive attempts missed than connected throughout the three rounds. I will say, it’s almost impressive that Ebedi attempted 77 head punches and only connected 27. That’s 50 missed shots, and that’s only looking at the head punches. I’d almost be impressed if I wasn’t so disappointed in him. Definitely did not do the velociraptor vibes justice. The fight ended in Ebedi’s favor. Despite missing 50 headshots, Ebedi overall dominated in every aspect of the fight. Pop-Pop can’t hang I guess, maybe it’s time to put him in the retirement home.

Match seven! A middleweight match between Andy Hughes and Edward Mills. I don’t know about Hughes, but if I saw Mills’s headshot before the fight I’d be pretty scared to go up against him. Mans looks like he just rolled of a cave in the Neanderthal era. No doubt he fights saber-toothed tigers on the weekends. The first round of the match opens with three right hand misses from Hughes. Not the best start, probably the nerves talking. Shake em off Hughes, being nervous isn’t going to get you anywhere against a man who fights saber-toothed tigers and knows no fear! Mills took the W in the first two rounds. However, Hughes redeemed himself with a strong third round and managed to pull out a TKO win over Mills. Nerves = shaken off for Hughes. I think this means that since Hughes beat Mills and Mills can beat up saber-toothed tigers, by the rules of math I learned in high school, Hughes would also beat a saber-toothed tiger in a fight. Up to Hughes if he wants to test that theory!

Our eighth match of the night only consists of one funny looking dude. This one’s a heavyweight bout between Aron Egomi and Kingston Wall. Egomi is our funny looking dude of the match, with Wall’s photo looking like one of the little pop up photos they have of the WWE wrestlers when they’re announcing the same upcoming match for the third time. This match started with a bang, and withing the first minute Egomi was rocked. It’s a miracle he managed to stay in it after that. The two gave it their all throughout the first round, although Wall came out on top in the first round. In the second round Egomi redeemed himself and came out ahead. In the third round Wall knocks Egomi down before finally beating him with a TKO. He even thanked the fans after his fight. What a stand-up guy, 10/10! Guess the WWE vibes really paid off for Wall on this one!

Our final fight of the night was for the welterweight championship of the world between the champion, Konrad Wagner, and Igor Vovchanchyn. I mentioned last names that use basically the whole alphabet earlier, and Vovchanchyn is CEO of that company now. Maniatakos, you are now in my good books in comparison. I’ve never met someone who spells Conrad with a K, so this is just a day of firsts for me, how exciting! This match-up was five rounds and Wagner didn’t stand a chance against Vovchanchyn (I cannot express how much effort it is to spell that out everytime, can I please speak to the manager? Why bro, whyyy?). Vov (can I call you Vov? I’m gonna call you Vov) dominated in every round. For a championship match, the defending champion definitely did not show up. I guess congrats for sticking it out for all 5 rounds at least Wagner. Congrats on your championship Vov, you worked hard for it buddy!

• Upvote 5

14125318499535.jpg

Lenuola Sefina: it’s time to address the state of the 265lb division Brother! This is a division of chumps. A 0-2 fighter is in line for a title shot! 0-2 you foo’s! Brother I’m here to smash demon mask well the thousands upon thousands of SefinaManiacs cheer in the back ground. When I’m done Hero! The madness will fall upon you. Stand and fall Wrestle and fall. The madness is here! Sefina mania is here! The true player of thugonomics is here! Win lose draw or die I’m here for the belt I’m here to rule the roost! Step up or shut up Brother! Demon Mask you accepted an unwinnable fight. Fight back if you can....Survive....If I let you. Hero lace your boots up Brother! Because your time is up. ooooh Yeah! Digit!

• Upvote 2

14232416879438.jpg

Days have pass Edward Mills lays in bed confused.... More confused the usual. He had watch every session of Dragon Ball Z he practiced the Pickle Punch. He spent 100s of hour learning about street fighters.... He was winning against Mr.Hugs but yet he wakes up looking at the lights. Mills feeling like a new born.....No clue what happened. Not sure how all his training had failed him. Kyle f was happy with his performance.....Still Mills was unsure of what had happened. The tv was running.... The daughter of Hare was doing an analysis and then suddenly Mills understood why he lost. What he missed. What he had done wrong.

I think this means that since Hughes beat Mills and Mills can beat up saber-toothed tigers, by the rules of math I learned in high school, Hughes would also beat a saber-toothed tiger in a fight. Up to Hughes if he wants to test that theory!”

Mills Had not been training with Saber-toothed tigers.... it was obvious now. To beat Wanderingson Mackimo and all the other 185lb fighter he must find a Saber-tooth tiger!

Edward Mills: Eermegerd Da tigger the big toofhed tigger I must find dem! Den I can beat all utter fighters! My journey begins now.... I must watch Ice Age and learn da way of the tigger.

Mills immediately posted his findings on all social media platforms.

Kyle f: * Manager Kyle f checks Twitter. Dammit Mills why are you so dumb....yet so Darn lovable.... ugh. *Kyle f shakes his head and returns to the gym to start operation Saber-Tooth Tiger.

• Upvote 3

SPPS 23 - Resurrection: Post Fight comments from " The Young Gun" Sean Smith and the Savage Krew.

Sean Smith approaches the podium after his win against Gancho. He is in street clothes and his face is a little busted up but he seems to be in a good mood.

Sean Smith : What's up everyone?! Sorry I took so long , Hare and I were ironing out details for my next fight.

Press : Tonight Sean you notched your fourth win and third inside SPPS. The rankings are already out after tonight's event and you're ranked second in your division. So my question is how do you feel about your quick rise up the ranks?

Sean Smith : I feel like things are going the right way. A guy walks in and starts knocking dudes out, he has to rise right? I mean people love ko's and everyone wants to see me fight because by now they know what I'm about.

Press : We have seen your manager Robert Smith have success with you and two teammates lately in SPPS. To what do you attribute that success?

Sean Smith : My manager takes care of us , we all take care of each other. A lot of us train together, in our gym you got two cliques. You have The Savage Crew that's Mason , Ibrahim, Brennan and I. We are your heavy handed boxers and muay thai fighters. Then you have the death squad, that's Black belt Ryan Gordon , CACC tourney winner and number one contender Joey Woods , Ethan Danaher and 17 year old grappling sensation Nicky Gordon. They are the slick submission guys and we all help one another grow.

Press : Everyone you named has been making waves in their own way. What's it like being in the same division in SPPS as your friend Ibrahim Volkov? Worries about a potential fight with him?

Sean Smith : Storm and I are boys and we've discussed this before. If I get the belt and he earns a shot then we will throw down. However we have already discussed conquering multiple divisions with The Savage Krew.

Press : Sean , you mentioned that you had already set up your next fight. Defending Champion Wanderson Machado is taking on number one ranked Nyah Hirst next weekend, so we know you aren't fighting one of them. Can you fill us in on your next opponent?

Sean looks at his manager and he gets the nod. Ibrahim walks up to the podium and speaks in Sean's ear. Sean laughs as Storm takes a seat next to his manager.

Sean : Yeah a few days ago my boy Storm Volkov knocked this guy out via tko. Afterwards there was some talking between them , there were some tweets between them. Apparently Bill Sherman didn't get the message so now with everyone else booked I am going to step in and face him. Bill said in his comments that while he was between managers he didn't have proper training. So even though Storm was the third fight with his new manager apparently it wasn't enough time to train. I'm giving him ample time to train and in the process giving the champion and his new foe time to get their business out of the way. Bill has four knockouts , I have four knockouts and we both want to win badly. If I beat him I fight for a Championship in the first quarter of 2021. If he beats me he resurrects his fading career. Everything is on the line.

Press : So Mr. Smith , your team here looks good. Sean is 4-0 , Mason is 4-0 , Ibrahim is now 3-1 after last week's big win. You have Brennan Brunswick here who is now a free agent after going 2-0 in Fighter House. Will Brennan be the next fighter to join SPPS?

Robert Smith : The problem we have is all these guys are in the same weight class. Brennan wants to be here. Frankly I want all my guys here that aren't doing just grappling. I just had my 3-0 featherweight sign a short term deal elsewhere because he isn't ready for SPPS yet. Eventually I hope to have a guy in every division here. As far as Brennan goes , we see some matchups here we like. We've spoke with Hare and we expect to have an announcement soon than later.

Sean Smith : The Savage Krew loves this organization, to us this is the place to be. If Mason , Storm and I finish out this year with wins we see no reason 2021 isn't hashtag #StrapSzn. Thanks for your time everyone, before I go big shout out to my sponsor Savage Fightwear!! Peace!

• Upvote 3

Robert Smith the manager of three SPPS fighters spoke to the media Wednesday about his unsigned fighter Brennan Brunswick and how he left Sydney over the weekend without a deal. Smith said that Brennan had other offers on the table some which ranged in the tens of thousands range but Brunswick was choosing to sign for less for SPPS because the organization is reliable and trustworthy. After Smith spoke to the media the 18 year old Brunkwick 2-0 sent out a tweet.

@TooFast4U

Sucker Punch needs a fight filled for this weekend. My manager and I have reached out and nothing has happened. We said I'm weighing 190 pounds right now and I'll fight at light heavyweight. Ian Justino and Tito Slamcock are not booked and I'll destroy either one. Who is it going to be? Somebody step up? My time is coming!! #TickTock

• Upvote 2

Donkey Punch Radio always live with its smooth talking host Don Cortez.

16027958725753.png

Don Cortez: Pirate radio tonight cool cats. The Hare may have made me look good but I cut my own hair. We got something special for you tonight, two playas that always make it rain for the Don. Manager Clubber Winger and his boy from the Limitless Alliance the Red Dragon Morioka. Welcome.

15462049631386.jpg

Clubber: What’s up, glad to be here and nice to meet you my man.

Morkia Shigemasa: Hello

Don Cortez: Now you know I gotta talk to the big man, the man who trains his fighters to eat fools. Top 25 ranked manager the Clubber. Now look you got 20 boys you train. You gotta tell me what’s the sauce? How do you make guys like Morioka great?

Clubber: Touch the chin and if you can’t touch the chin, slap the shit out of that chin until that broken buster gets to his knees.

Don Cortez: Haha I now know who shot the sheriff. Now look I gotta ask the Red Dragon Morioka some real hard questions. You debut fight against Lingren he gave you a beating in round one and was giving you fits in round two. Most people would have been done after what you went through. How did you muster up the confidence to turn it around? And put that boy to sleep?

Morkia Shigemasa: People doubted my chin, but my coach didn’t. He believed in me and knew with my elite power and strength I can put any man to sleep. Lingren was a tough individual, gave me a good beating but once the red dragon released, its Game Over! Night, night my friend. Coach always told me to stay relaxed and follow the code, just touch it that’s all. Once that happens you deliver the finish with precision. But my coach also told me the risks behind that is the chin will be up and you are exposed.

Don Cortez: Now look Clubber you got a fighter who pulls off what we both saw in that last fight. Helped make the Don some money. What did you take away from that fight and what are you bringing to the table this weekend? Chime in on this Dragon

Clubber: This young man here is not named or known as the red dragon, it’s a philosophy I place into my students. He’s a dragon because he comes back every round in a different state of mind. He knows what I want and that's how it is.
They only follow it and expand through it. I’ve been by his side since his youth. And he has a amatuer boxing record of 32-8. Ever fucker went to sleep. And that's where I realized this man's power is on a different level. With my man Dustin Kruger by my side, he learnt a lot from a legend by himself.

Morkia Shigemasa: Saturday night is what I always bring to the table. And that is putting fools to sleep. My camp and coaches have prepared me for the biggest fight of my career. I’m not leaving the ring unless I put him to sleep. This man wants my legs and I want his chin. Release the red- dragon and continue producing vicious knockouts.

Don Cortez: haha if I was a sweet hitch hiker I’d know who I was catching a ride with. Now you gotta know that I gotta know Titus Fury. A main stay in Sp 9 wins 2 losses what’s the plan boys how do you take this playa down?

Morkia Shigemasa: We’ve been drilling a lot of defensive grappling and as well takedown defence. I feel it's gonna be the best version of me on fight night. My coaches know the game plan and have simply perfectly executed. We know how Fury works and what he wants. My legs won’t be free but his chin will be. By studying his tapes we know he gasses very quickly if I can stuff the takedowns and land a couple of body kicks. I reckon we got this in the bag. Coaches want me to be aggressive and deliver hard punches to the head, body. Every motherfucking place. Titus is gonna fall. His new name will be Fartus Curry. The Red-Dragon shall be released and the wrath of Titus shall fall to his knees! First round knock out my man is gonna sleep!!!

Don Cortez: Haha Fartus Curry that’s got a bad kinda smell to it playa! now you know the fans gotta know. Who do we have on the line?

Fan: Thanks Don, I need to know when Morioka is training is he training with guys like Dustin Kruger and does training and working with fighters like Kruger make you that much more driven and hungry to win?

Morkia Shigemasa: Dustin Kruger is like a mentor to me. A father figure you know, taught me what I need to do. It’s crazy learning from a knock-out himself, and still putting guys to sleep. It amazing and drives me forward. By the will of red-dragon I just want to catch a-lot of bodies on my record and its why I am going to win on saturday night.

Don Cortez: Love it when the fans get in on this. Before I let you go Morioka and Clubber what are your future plans and anything you want to let Fury know?

Clubber: Release the dragon Morioka, release it!

Morkia Shigemasa: The dragon shall be released! Titus curry shall be in his knees!

Don Cortez: Haha Titus Fartus it’s always good Curry on Donkey Punch Radio. Thanks for joining the show boys. Look we all want to cash out big and if your looking to make money take a bet and place that bet on Clubber Winger and Morioka this weekend and you’ll be cashing in big with the Don.

Morkia Shigemasa: If you want easy money, bet on me!

Don Cortez: until next time cool cats count on the Don to bring the best interviews in the game. Any place any forum any company. Love it out loud cool cats.

• Upvote 3

1605564992SPPS_Poster_24.png

Sucker Punch Preview

Sucker Punch Pro Series 24

Hello all you Sucker Punch fans! After a week we’re finally back with another big event tonight that will be taking place over at the 10,000 seat The Bridge in Sydney! I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan”. Suzy has off for the evening which is all well and good, as we’re going to be making this one a quick and dirty, hit em fast and hit em hard piece. I just got in from work for the day after being there 12 hours and frankly, I’m bushed!

In addition to all the other fun we have on tap tonight, with a pair of Featherweight fights on tap, a couple of Light Heavyweight contests, a quad set of Heavyweights bringing the big stuff to the cage and hell, even a Welterweight bout thrown in…well, we’ve also got the big one…a Middleweight fight for the Sucker Punch Championship belt between challenger Nyah Hirst and your champion, Wanderson Machado!

So let’s get moving and hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

When you think about training your fighters, one of the biggest concerns is keeping them in the gym and actively training, am I right? And you can’t do that if they have to be stopping to recover and rest for sessions here and sessions there! That is why you need to visit our sponsor, Shadow Warrior Nutrition, and specifically grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q. It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting! Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Jean Jacque Custo (2-3-0) v Sorsa Lokki (4-7-0)

Our opening fight of the evening will see Middleweights Sorsa Lokki, currently 4-7, and Custo who is sporting a 2-3 record go at it as they attempt to improve those records and get into the positive territory, or, at least, start working towards it!

With Lokki the only one off prep just a bit, about 10% on morale, this one should be a pretty good fight to get the evening going. Lokki is the fighter with the standup skills here, being a superb boxer with a small amount of Muay Thai to go with it. His wrestling is competent and he has a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu. The ground skills are for defense if he should happen to end up there, as Lokki prefers to stand and strike at distance, mixing in his head punches, body shots and combos frequently along with leg kicks to slow the opponent down. That has been his go to combination in all three of his most recent wins, all via decision victory. So this man is looking to go the distance and score points along the way, confident that he can win it with the judges.

Custo is not going to want to play that game on the feet. He has very little skill there, instead focusing on his exceptional wrestling and purple belt in Jiu Jitsu. He’s won two of his last three fights against Ivan Mrka and Jakob Goulding, although to be honest I still have zero idea how he got the nod over Mrka in that contest with only one shot on the ground landed. Even his fight against Goulding showed only seven punches on the ground with three takedowns and that win came due to Goulding doing zero, nada, zilch other than three sub attempts that failed. Tonight, Custo is going to have to be much more aggressive and active to get a win via decision as he did in those fights.

What do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Lokki via Unanimous Decison

I believe that Lokki will come out aggressive again and even if this fight does go to the ground, it may not matter. If Custo isn’t more active, Lokki will score enough points throughout to win this one via decision has he has previously.

Undercard Bout #2: Heavyweights

Gary Porter (4-2-0) v Anton Meshkov (2-2-0)

This next fight between two huge Heavyweights should immediately be an indication of how exciting this card will be! Only the second fight, and we have one fighter in Meshkov who is 2-2 and another in Porter who is 4-2 on his career so far! That’s a great overall combined level of accomplishment for only the second fight of the evening!

Now the downside…Meshkov is coming into this fight with very low morale, off by more than 35%. That’s not good at all, and will probably result in Donkey immediately picking against him. Not to mention…probably result in my considering whether he should still be with us after this fight. This is his first offense with being so poorly prepared for a fight though, so it’s likely he’ll be given another month to see if he can work on fixing those things.

Meshkov is a boxer and standup fighter so this fight is likely to come down to striker vs. striker…but with one wanting to stand and the other wanting to be on the ground! Yes, porter is a grappler with wonderful wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu, but he’s not really into submissions and stuff, instead, he prefers the rough stuff on the ground and letting his opponent use the safe phrase of “save me ref!” as the only way out!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Porter via TKO (Strikes)

You already nailed it Hare by saying I would go with Porter over Meshkov in this one, and who wouldn’t with that horrible morale coming in for Meshkov? Nah, he’s going to get taken down…as he won’t have the will to stop it…and then he’s going to get pounded out…and not be interested in taking a ton of abuse before folding due to that lack of focus and drive he’s coming into the fight with…or in this case, without.

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Thor Nordquist (3-3-0) v Devin Hill (2-2-0)

Two big boys coming in here both with a desire to break free from the .500 doldrums in this third match of the evening! And these boys are ready to rock and roll Donkey! That should make you happy, huh?

Hill will have the edge in Muay Thai while Nordquist will carry the advantage boxing and wrestling. It will be interesting tonight to see if Hill changes up his typical game plan and chooses to clinch more than normal though Donkey. Normally, while his strength is the clinch, he tends to box a bit more and just use the clinch as a change of pace. But with Nordquist having the advantage boxing, will Hill use the clinch more? Or, will Hill stick with his typical plan figuring that the clinch doesn’t really give an edge given Nordquist’s stronger grappling?

Nordquist went for a fast finish two fights ago, finishing the thing in a lightning quick five seconds against Alex Thompson over at GDL. However, he’s lost three of his last four, including his most recent fight against Brian Mcclean here in Sucker Punch. Two of those losses were to grapplers with submission skills, something he shouldn’t have to worry about tonight. But his one win on the feet was against an inferior striker, so will he be able to step up to the test of a decent striker like Hill? We’re going to find out!

So, what do you say Donkey...?

Donkey’s Pick: Hill via TKO (Strikes)

Nordquist has really struggled to close things out and as you said Hare, only has done so against an inferior striker. He showed very confident early in his career, but that makes us wonder…does he have a good chin or KO power? We know it’s certainly not a granite one…but is it at least solid? Against Philipp Tyurin four fights ago, who does have a granite chin, they mentioned that Tyurin had the power to get to Hill’s chin. That might be concerning. Being that Hill has looked to have a more solid game plan, I’m going with him for this one.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Ian Justino (4-3-0) v Brennan Brunswick (2-0-0)

This next fight, taken on short notice by Ian Justino, has had a lot of talk going leading up to it. Well, a lot of talk…from Brennan Brunswick at least! Brunswick was eager to get into the cage and have a go at somebody when he found out we had an open slot on this card! And to make that happen, he started calling folks out left and right. To his credit, Ian stepped up and said, “Yeah, let’s do this, I’ve got you bro!”

Tonight, after only three short days since the fight was agreed to, we’ll find out if Ian has indeed got Brennan or not! Justino certainly has the skills advantages…having the slightly better boxing, better wrestling and better Jiu Jitsu. Brunswick will claim the Muay Thai advantage…as well as the speed advantage most likely as he comes into this fight considerably light for the division. Something that was fully disclosed when the fight was offered and accepted. But, being he has the advantage in Muay Thai…will he be able to use it against a shorter, but considerably heavier, opponent? That’s not idea for Brunswick!

Justino surprised everybody with an armbar submission on Tito Slamcock last fight…only two weeks ago. It was a first round finish that left him fairly rested still, hence his ability to come and take this fight on such short notice. Prior to that he had a loss to Julian Rouke after failing to find his groove in there and being unable to get it to the ground for most of the fight. With that turnaround win last fight, has he found what he likes to do? Will we see more ground skills tonight?

While Justino’s skills on the ground aren’t exactly masterclass, with the wrestling being mediocre and a blue belt in Jiu Jitsu, they are still considerably more advanced than Brunswick’s who has woeful wresting and a white belt. Brunswick will want to keep this fight standing and work that clinch the best he can!

Any thoughts there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Pick: Justino via Submission (Armbar)

I think Brunswick may have bitten off more than his yap could handle in this one. Justino may very well walk out of here with his second armbar in a row and a new 5-3 record which will certainly give him a bit of confidence going forward if he can accomplish that only two weeks apart.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Lanuola Sefina (5-2-0) v Demon Mask (0-2-0)

Looking at my notes here as we get ready for this next Heavyweight battle Donkey, I see that I have next to Demon Mask’s name, “Cut in November if he comes in with low morale.” Hmm…why might that be there? Well, because this is an ongoing issue and this now makes three fights he’s come unprepared for…and probably three fights he’ll lose due to it. What’s a bit surprising here Donkey is that Lanuola Sefina is also coming into this one a bit low on both energy and morale, something that his manager, Kyle F, usually doesn’t allow to happen.

Sefina defeated Meshkov last month in his Sucker Punch debut with a first round knockout just about a dozen seconds before the bell. He showed inexperience early on in his career but clearly, with two KO’s, two TKO’s and a decision to his name, he has some power in those hands. He likes to use that power mainly on the ground with some nasty assed ground and pound. But…will he do that tonight? He has wonderful wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu…but…

…Meshkov has superb wrestling as well and also a purple belt.

Donkey, what else have you got for us…?

Donkey’s Pick: Sefina via TKO (Strikes)

Luckily for Sefina the mild lack of energy and morale likely won’t matter in this one. Mask is considerably low on morale…and combine that with his complete and utter lack of motivation to come out aggressive and strike he stands almost no chance of mentally getting into this fight. In his prior two losses, he barely threw a punch the entire time, on the feet or even on the ground with those skills of his. It’s like his manager basically told him to go out there, see if he could have fun trying to score a takedown…and then don’t worry about anything else, that’s success! Well, no, it isn’t. You have to actually try to…um…fight…in the cage. Not just lay there and try to control as you piss off the ref and the crowd.

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Titus Fury (9-2-0) v Morioka Shigemasa (2-0-0)

We start out our Main Card here with what looks on paper at least like a fantastic fight! 9-2 Titus Fury against 2-0 Morioka Shigemasa! And that 2-0 will potentially look even better as a 3-0 if the likely prediction from Donkey comes to fruition! That’s because Fury is coming into this fight with his morale off a bit, almost 30% low, and a bit off on energy as well.

Somehow, Fury got away with low morale in his last two fights against Adonis Banks and Joseph Joestar, two fighters who also weren’t all that well prepared. Those losses for them were more an indictment of Fury’s opponents’ inabilities to come prepared and take out another unprepared fighter than a statement on Fury though. Before that, Fury lost two very winnable fights against Slamcock and Lamb due to the lack of preparation.

Shigemasa should have the skills to completely outclass Fury on the feet…and while there is a good chance he may be able to prevent Fury from taking it to the ground, even if it does go there he most likely will be able to defend well though to get back to the feet…or even win it there given Fury’s bad morale.

Donkey, what are you thinking…?

Donkey’s Pick: Shigemasa via TKO (Strikes)

Agreed on all points, this should be Shigemasa’s fight and he should come out of this 3-0. Fury has gotten very lucky over the past two fights where he could have easily come out 0-4 over the past four if his opponents had come in prepared and with decent game plans. His luck may just run out tonight.

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweights

Luke Skywalker (3-3-1) v Ramon Rabbit (6-5-0)

Our next fight should prove to be a very good one! Rabbit brings a 6-5 record to the cage tonight against .500 fighter Skywalker and will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing loss to Jack Sparrow last month. With a 1-3 record over his prior four, Rabbit really should have focus on trying to get back on the right track again.

Skywalker pulled off a rare draw last month against a tough Dino Ebedi. Prior to that he had managed three wins in a row, so one could say that he’s on a heck of a hot streak! With improved skills on the ground, he’s been able to make use of that aspect of his game more recently and isn’t afraid to work for the decision.

Rabbit will undoubtedly want this fight to remain on the feet. The ground has never been kind to him, with his last three losses being via submission. On the feet though he has deadly skills and can dance with the best of them! Skywalker isn’t quite the same ground specialist that the likes of Sparrow, Aalto and even Nagashima are, so this should be a great test to see just what level of ground game Rabbit can endure. If he can’t get past this one…or at last keep it from being finished on the ground…then he knows without a doubt what he needs to be focusing on going forward.

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Pick: Skywalker via Submission (Armbar)

Those last three submission have me worried and I just feel like perhaps Rabbit keeps investing more into his striking but is possibly leaving a gaping hole in his Jiu Jitsu skills. Something that could make him extremely vulnerable on the ground. We’ll see tonight though, perhaps he has been working on it with his grappling! Skywalker will want to impress and show that the combination of skills he’s putting together has a level of synergy and a plan to get things done!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

Boris Balkan (5-3-0) v ZaDarius Haden (6-1-0)

This next fight has huge implications in a division full of huge individuals! The winner of this fight will get the opportunity to fight for the Top Contender spot next month in December. That’s no small thing, obviously, for two warriors who very much both want a shot to get back to the top again and one more chance to go after the king of the division!

Haden had his shot at the king two months ago when he came up short just halfway through the first round when Chontamenti pulled off the fourth submission of his career and second in a row with the belt involved! What makes that probably more disappointing for Haden is that he has considerable skills across the board, including what looks to now be sensational wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! Has he been working on that ground game even more? I’m thinking he has! Hmm…wonder who that could be in preparation for?!?

Before Haden can even dream of going after the Top Contender spot, he has to first deal with Boris Balkan! Balkan took on the champ just last month and also came up short as so many other fighters have against Chontamenti! However, he did manage to take the fight to the third round despite not being able to mount much offense against the champ. No doubt he’d disappointed with the way that fight went and will want to test himself a bit more and adjust his approach. With proficient wrestling and a brown belt as well in Jiu Jitsu, he may decide to test himself on the ground against Haden, but my guess would be that he’ll continue to work on that standup game and try to fine tune it a bit!

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Pick: Haden via TKO (Strikes)

Both of these men are hungry and talented! And both will want to get right back into the thick of things and prove that they deserve to be challenging for that belt, despite recent losses. To do so, they have to prove they deserve the shot more than the man across the cage from them tonight. If they can do that, then they may just get a shot against the likes of a Sefina or even possibly Rebel to prove that the only person who deserves the shot at the winner of Chontamenti/Wall is them. But…this is that first giant, enormous step! Huge challenge…huge rewards! This is a MUST SEE fight!

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Ronnie Bass (7-1-0) v Samuel Sanchez (4-1-0)

Our Co-Main Event of the evening features 4-1 Welterweight Samuel Sanchez against a very pissed off and angry 7-1 Ronnie Bass! And the reason for that bad attitude should be very obvious…the ONE next to that seven! That one came at the hands of Konrad Wagner last month in Bass’ first title defense as the Welterweight champion. Nobody, not a single fighter on the planet, ever wants to lose their first title defense…as it always leaves a question…were you really the champ yet?

Bass has made it clear that he feels that he absolutely was…and will be…and is going to prove that! He wants a rematch in the worst way and very well may earn that rematch by February if he can bounce right back from that loss…and bouncing back starts by downing Samuel Sanchez tonight!

Sanchez is managed by Rocco Mediate and makes his Sucker Punch debut tonight. What a way to say hello to your new fans…taking on the former champion! At 4-1, Sanchez brings his own pedigree to the table…albeit with his only loss coming in his last fight with Empire before arriving here with us. Prior to that, he was on a run of three straight TKO victories with a KO in a QFC fight before that. Sanchez likes to stand and bang and will do it in or out of the clinch. Tonight, he may want to be very careful with those exchanges because he’s up against Bass, who has made KO’s an art form over the course of his career so far!

Donkey, you have a call here…?

Donkey’s Pick: Bass via KO (Punch)

Yeah, I have a call…I call for PAIN! These two aren’t shy…and this is going to be a slugfest! And I definitely predict one is going to be waking up with smelling salts! I’m going with the former champ here, but this is anybody’s call! It’s definitely another can’t miss fight though, as the Co-Main Event should be!

Main Event

Middleweight Championship

Wanderson Machado (8-0-0) v Nyah Hirst (5-0-0)

Our Main Event of the evening Donkey and this one will see young upstart Nyah Hirst, with his 5-0 record, going after the belt that is currently held, owned and vigorously defended by none other than the UNDEFEATED, DEFENDING, 8-0 Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Champion of the World…Wanderson Machado! I can’t wait to hear Juice Fluffer make that call later tonight Donkey!

So…you might say…wait, neither of these guys have ever lost before! So…Hirst, he may be young, but he’s never lost…he has a good chance at winning this fight and unseating the champ, right? Well, I won’t say that he doesn’t have that chance Donkey…but I’ll also tell you, three of the last four guys who came after Machado for the belt…also were undefeated when they came into the fight. None of them left that way.

Machado is unrelenting and unrepentant about his desire to knock your head off. That’s about all that can be said. The fact that Ainsworth escaped the fight last month with Machado without having to have his team gather his senses for him afterward…and drove the fight to a decision for the first time in Machado’s career…speaks a lot for Ainsworth! Or…does it put blood in the water? Do the other fighters in the division see this as a sign that perhaps Machado is ready to be taken down? That maybe he’s not the killer he previously was?

Machado had this to say to Hirst recently leading up to the fight…

Time for another highlight reel contribution when I flip the off switch for Hirst this weekend. Lights out, nighty nighty.

Donkey, that doesn’t sound like a man who is afraid or worried to me. That sounds like a man who is prepared to end any speculation about his status in the division and in Sucker Punch!

Hirst has used guts, brains and a willingness to do what has to be done to get where he is today…a five time winner with three of those wins via TKO and one via a highlight reel Superman Punch KO! He’s taken on a former Top Contender in Psiris Fuhren and passed the test with a Unanimous Decision victory. Clearly he’s not a man who is afraid to stand and throw down with his opponent. Will he maintain that stance tonight against one of the greatest strikers that Sucker Punch has to offer? Hirst also sports a lonely little starter white belt in Jiu Jitsu…although with strong wrestling. Machado has proficient wrestling and a blue belt. Nothing overwhelming there, but he would have the advantage. Is it possible that Machado’s talk of a KO is nothing but a smokescreen to cover for intentions to perhaps win this on the ground? I can’t wait to find out Donkey!

Well Donkey, who will it be…?

Donkey’s Pick: Machado via TKO (Strikes)

While that isn’t an absolutely insane idea Hare, I don’t think it’s what we’re going to see. No, I think Machado says exactly what he intends. I think that he’s arrogant enough…and skilled enough to back it…to simply tell you what he intends to do…and then to go out there and make it happen. Hirst is extremely talented. And young. And despite having a perfect record as well, I have to go with the champ who has proven a record holding number of times…that he’s the champ for a reason!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

This should be a stellar night of entertainment as we rock the big house over at The Bridge and our amazing fans help us create energy like Sydney has never seen before! These fights, and especially this Main Card, are so full of energy that it’s only a matter of hours…before this thing explodes! We’ll see you over at the arena folks…let’s get ready for a night to remember!

Till then…don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 4