Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

No more smack talk. No more words. Just action. A new weight class. A new goal. We don't back down from a challenge. PSIRIS FUHREN does NOT back down from a challenge. Nobody wanted to fight Lukas Reeves. We said bring him on. Because we're all human. And everybody dies. Psiris will see you in the cage tonight. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Xyel said:

15w5.jpg

Julian Rourke

The Don wanted a fight against Bjorn, and I drew the shortest stick, having to fight against Bolt.

If I lose tomorrow, I'll get sacked.

So, I better win.

image.png.3205d9b4a484b91c2f021fae51859903.png

Derwent Bolt

2-0

My second pro fight and once again my opponent seemed frozen, as I dominated every second of the fight. I am seriously wondering if these guys are getting paid just to not make any move against me. Zero punches, kicks, clinch, transition,... just all my work to make the fight. I should get paid more than these guys, as I do 100% of the moves. 

Sub of the night Hare, give it to me baby, aha aha! Then I will forgive you for betting against me. 

• Like 1

I'll be working on the review from SPPS 28 (and I may finish up the one I had tried to do for SPPS 27 as well) today. But while I'm working on that, I just wanted to stop in and say..."What a fantastic event last night!"  You guys rock, that was a fun one, it was probably in our top three or four of event ratings, which is cool, but even more, the fights were insane, EVERY.  SINGLE. ONE.  of our managers brought their fighters to the cage last night fully gassed up and morale up on high...wow, you guys really gave it the best go possible last night and that's impressive.  It believe that is the first event we've ever had where every single fighter was fully prepped.  Just wow. You guys make this a lot of fun, thanks!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

Sub of the night Hare, give it to me baby, aha aha! Then I will forgive you for betting against me. 

I didn't bet against you, that was Donkey!  Blame him.  Hahaha!  Anyways, yep, you mighta had the sub of the night...and then Achilles came along!  LOL.  I can't deny that one, but definitely a good go out there, impressive!

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

I didn't bet against you, that was Donkey!  Blame him.  Hahaha!  Anyways, yep, you mighta had the sub of the night...and then Achilles came along!  LOL.  I can't deny that one, but definitely a good go out there, impressive!

Derwent Bolt

2-0

Don't blame the animal, you animal! 

Achilles subbed a white belt. That is like Mike Tyson knocking out my 85year old grandmother. 

26 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

Derwent Bolt

2-0

Don't blame the animal, you animal! 

Achilles subbed a white belt. That is like Mike Tyson knocking out my 85year old grandmother. 

Mike Tyson now, or Mike Tyson back then?  I mean, your grandmother sounds a bit like a wus tbh...she should go for the Sucker Punch and even the odds!  

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Mike Tyson now, or Mike Tyson back then?  I mean, your grandmother sounds a bit like a wus tbh...she should go for the Sucker Punch and even the odds!  

Derwent Bolt

2-0

Any version of Tyson is good enough to keep the logic standing. White belts getting subbed isn't even worth mentioning this much. That is like scoring a goal in soccer when you are the only player on the field... 

19 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

Derwent Bolt

2-0

Any version of Tyson is good enough to keep the logic standing. White belts getting subbed isn't even worth mentioning this much. That is like scoring a goal in soccer when you are the only player on the field... 

No, but the rocking and knockdown followed by the recover and slick maneuver to finish from being in a position of looking like it was going to go very badly had the crowd on their feet and was great hype, so there's that!

image.png.62ec2a1daa4e05e2b0caed64845945b0.png

Episode One: Crayths Crib - PART ONE
Host: Daniel Craythorne / Co-Host: Tara Gold
Special Guests: Obama Filth & Wilfred Ainsworth

*Small over-the-top pyrotechnics fire across around the stage as the 10,000 sold out capacity audience goes wild. The pitch black darkness on stage is illuminated by a single spot light centred on the middle of the stage. The theme music roars through the sound system.*

A well dressed man in a tuxedo steps into the light holding a microphone with a million dollar grin etched upon his face.

Paul Heyman comments on working with Liv Morgan

Daniel Craythorne: “Hello and welcome to the FIRST EVER episode of Crayths Crib in association with Sucker Punch! I’m your host Daniel Craythorne and tonight, we have a HUGE guest!”

The crowd continues to scream and jeer as Daniel fights to speak over the top of them. Daniels assistant Tara Gold steps into the camera as the fans cheer.

Tara Gold: "That’s right Daniel – ahead of the huge match up at Sucker Punch Pro Series 29 in Sydney, we have Obama Filth in the studio discussing their HUGE bout against Wilfred Ainsworth this weekend"

image.png.55d938a7e81361b0abfc4f3e763133d3.pngimage.png.a5463da45c5ade6d7b607a949c7e961b.png

Daniel Craythorne: “Introducing, Obama Filth.. with a record of 3-2, Filth comes in as the underdog in the fight against Ainsworth…”

Obama Filth walks out from the curtain smirking, the larger and heavier man swaggers onto the stage. Daniel Craythorne gets to his feet extending his hand for a shake. Obama shakes his hand firmly – hurting Daniels hand.

Daniel Craythorne: “WELCOME OBAMA! How are you feeling ahead of the fight on the 12th vs Filth?”

Obama smirks before offering his response.

Obama Filth: “I’m calm and confident, you know. I have a new manager and all but I feel better than ever, you know.”

Daniels grins before continuing.

Daniel Craythorne: “Wow OK, confident guy! What strengths do you possess that you think’ll help you win this fight?”

Obama strokes his chin before continuing.

Obama Filth: “Listen man, I got power, I got the stand up game you know and I got the motivation you know, I´m hungry.”

Daniel Craythorne: “What weaknesses are you looking at exploiting?”

Camera cuts to a video of Ainsworth backstage laughing and telling the camera to stop filming before cutting back to the studio of Ainsworth.

Obama Filth: “Man, no disrespect to my opponent you know, but I´m just better everywhere.”

Daniel mutters “a little disrespectful” under his breath before reacting to Obamas glare.

Daniel Craythorne: “Good stuff…. How do you think the fight will go? What are your ‘fight predictions’?

Obama Filth: “This fight man, is gonna be one for the fans you know. Two knockout artists in a striking war man, ain´t nothing better you know. My fans know that I have a kill or be killed style you know and I for sure ain´t looking to die in there so you can figure out for yourself how things will be going you know.”

Daniel is taken aback and takes a little while composing himself before asking the final question to Obama Filth.

Daniel Craythorne: “Where you want to go next after this fight?”

Obama Filth: “You know man, I´m a fighter´s fighter, I don´t decline fights you know. If I´m healthy somebody is getting it, Ainsworth will be getting it next, after that the boss decides you know.”

Daniel grins at the fantastic first interview.

Daniel Craythorne: “Thanks Obama for joining us, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, OBAMA FILTH!”

Crowd erupts into cheers….

Daniel Craythorne: “After the break we’ll be joined by Wilfred Ainsworth! DON’T GO ANYWHERE!”

Daniel gestures into the camera with Tara Gold grinning as the pans away and fades into black for the commercial break….

image.png

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Crayf said:

Episode One: Crayths Crib - PART ONE

Special Guests: Obama Filth & Wilfred Ainsworth

*Small over-the-top pyrotechnics fire across around the stage as the 10,000 sold out capacity audience goes wild. The pitch black darkness on stage is illuminated by a single spot light centred on the middle of the stage. The theme music roars through the sound system.*

A well dressed man in a tuxedo steps into the light holding a microphone with a million dollar grin etched upon his face.

Paul Heyman comments on working with Liv Morgan

Daniel Craythorne: “Hello and welcome to the FIRST EVER episode of Crayths Crib in association with Sucker Punch! I’m your host Daniel Craythorne and tonight, we have a HUGE guest!”

The crowd continues to scream and jeer as Daniel fights to speak over the top of them. Daniels assistant Tara Gold steps into the camera as the fans cheer.

Tara Gold: "That’s right Daniel – ahead of the huge match up at Sucker Punch Pro Series 29 in Sydney, we have Obama Filth in the studio discussing their HUGE bout against Wilfred Ainsworth this weekend"

image.png.55d938a7e81361b0abfc4f3e763133d3.pngimage.png.a5463da45c5ade6d7b607a949c7e961b.png

Daniel Craythorne: “Introducing, Obama Filth.. with a record of 3-2, Filth comes in as the underdog in the fight against Ainsworth…”

Obama Filth walks out from the curtain smirking, the larger and heavier man swaggers onto the stage. Daniel Craythorne gets to his feet extending his hand for a shake. Obama shakes his hand firmly – hurting Daniels hand.

Daniel Craythorne: “WELCOME OBAMA! How are you feeling ahead of the fight on the 12th vs Filth?”

Obama smirks before offering his response.

Obama Filth: “I’m calm and confident, you know. I have a new manager and all but I feel better than ever, you know.”

Daniels grins before continuing.

Daniel Craythorne: “Wow OK, confident guy! What strengths do you possess that you think’ll help you win this fight?”

Obama strokes his chin before continuing.

Obama Filth: “Listen man, I got power, I got the stand up game you know and I got the motivation you know, I´m hungry.”

Camera cuts to a video of Ainsworth backstage laughing and telling the camera to stop filming before cutting back to the studio of Ainsworth.

Obama Filth: “Man, no disrespect to my opponent you know, but I´m just better everywhere.”

Daniel mutters “a little disrespectful” under his breath before reacting to Obamas glare.

Daniel Craythorne: “Good stuff…. How do you think the fight will go? What are your ‘fight predictions’?

Obama Filth: “This fight man, is gonna be one for the fans you know. Two knockout artists in a striking war man, ain´t nothing better you know. My fans know that I have a kill or be killed style you know and I for sure ain´t looking to die in there so you can figure out for yourself how things will be going you know.”

Daniel is taken aback and takes a little while composing himself before asking the final question to Obama Filth.

Daniel Craythorne: “Where you want to go next after this fight?”

Obama Filth: “You know man, I´m a fighter´s fighter, I don´t decline fights you know. If I´m healthy somebody is getting it, Ainsworth will be getting it next, after that the boss decides you know.”

Daniel grins at the fantastic first interview.

Daniel Craythorne: “Thanks Obama for joining us, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, OBAMA FILTH!”

Crowd erupts into cheers….

Daniel Craythorne: “After the break we’ll be joined by Wilfred Ainsworth! DON’T GO ANYWHERE!”

Daniel gestures into the camera with Tara Gold grinning as the pans away and fades into black for the commercial break….

image.png

Hey man, that was a great interview man, you know. ??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1607436224SPPS_Poster_28.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS

Sucker Punch Pro Series 28

Alright Sucker Punch fans, we’re back and what a night it was over at The Bridge in Sydney!  I was hoping we’d have that place rocking right to its core for all of Sydney to feel, and I’ll be damned if our crew didn’t make that happen!   I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and we couldn’t be more excited to talk about the action that 10,000 fans were on hand to see at Sucker Punch Pro Series 28!

We pulled out one of our best event ratings to date with a stellar card, great pulse pounding fights, a crew of fighters and managers who came prepped and ready to go for their fights right down to the last guy…what more could I ask for?!?  Not a whole hell of a lot, that’s for sure.  We had top contender opportunities on the line and guys leaving it all in the cage in their quest to climb the ladder…we had a championship fight that ended with fireworks and we had at least a couple of fights that looked like they were going one way…and then suddenly, whiplash as they took an about-face and went completely sideways!  I love it!

Anyway, let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Shadow Warrior Nutrition was on hand at the event last night and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch!  Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand next time or visit them in game to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q.  It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Repus Revorg Defeats Trevor Barnes via Unanimous Decision

Ok Donkey, let’s get this thing going!  And to start off the night as we look back, we’ll open with one of my own fighters who managed to snag a win from an opponent that had a bit of a head start on him at least in registered ID terms! 

As we suspected and mentioned in the preview, Barnes tends to be somewhat reserved,  not going overly aggressive or active but hitting hard when he lands them, and he likes to mix it up a bit with the hands and feet.  We were prepared for that coming in and planned to clinch a bit to take away the variety in Barnes’ attack.  We were successful with that, to a degree, with Barnes doing a nice job of fending off most of our clinch attempts.  But, with enough tries, we did get through and Revorg was able to get the damaged done in the clinch to soften things up a bit and score some with the judges.  Where he really scored though was by staying aggressive and active outside the clinch, boxing well and landing almost every shot he threw, finding that Barnes’ striking defense might need just a little work. 

What we didn’t want was this fight on the ground. Barnes’ got it there anyway and the Revorg corner was a little concerned for a bit at first.  Fortunately Revorg was able to defend against Barnes’ advances and kept Barnes busy by making him worry about sub attempts that, while unlikely to finish, were still something to take Barnes’ mind off the attack and transitions.  Eventually this one went back to the feet and you have to give Barnes credit, he took a ton of shots and still hung in there refusing to be put down!  Hell of a lot of spirit in this kid!

Anything else Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I didn’t get this pick right Hare, but I got half of the reasoning correct!  Barnes certainly does have a granite chin and he took plenty of shots and proved that that chin of his is for real!  Now, fortunately, after he took the shots and this thing dragged on your own boy Revorg was able to hang in there and get the win via points, showing that he too has some spunk and some pretty decent defense to frustrate Barnes on the ground.  All in all, I’d call this a pretty good outing for both fighters showing some big time promise for the future!

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Ceedee Queen Defeats Joseph Weaver via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, all you need to know about this second fight of the evening is what we said here in the preview:  Queen has elite wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He’s one bad, dangerous man on the ground and not in your playful, “I’m gonna twist this and see if you say Uncle” sorta way either!  No, more in the “I’m going to get as close to mount as possible and I’m going to pound the living hell outa your face!” kinda way! 

Indeed, Queen went out and did exactly that, getting the takedown literally within a split second of the opening bell!  Once he was on the ground in side control, it was just a matter of pouring on the abuse, which he did with enthusiasm!  Weaver basically got stuck in a situation on the ground where he tried to transition out, but never could and instead ate shots until Queen got the mount, landed a nasty one that rocked Weaver…and the ref had seen enough!

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Apparently takedown defense is certainly not the strongest part of Weaver’s game so far in his development.  Neither is defensive grappling or transitions apparently, at least not when up against a talented ground artist like Queen.  Queen made quick work of this fight and with it moves to 3-1, rebounding from  his loss to Weston Hodkiewicz last month!  He’s on the right track and will be moving up those rankings!  Weaver now must figure out what his best approach is going to be in the future, and what skills and focus he needs to make it happen as he’s now lost via TKO both from the clinch and the ground. He’ll bounce back as he’s got a strong management team behind him!

Undercard Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Derwent Bolt Defeats Julian Rourke via Submission (Kimura)

This third bout of the evening was almost a carbon copy of the prior fight, only insert two new fighters in Bold and Rourke, and also swap in submission attempts rather than strikes on the ground!  Other than that, ditto!  A quick takedown after the bell, a ton seven successive submission attempts…and bingo, we have a winner with the Kimura as Rourke taps out!

I’d love to go more into detail here Donkey, but there’s not much more to say.  This thing was over just a second shy of three minutes in and both escape this one without much energy lost or injury. 

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Rourke’s manager, Don Xyel, certainly won’t be thrilled with this outcome after having fallen short in his title bid last month to Jacob Parker.  Instead, he loses a second time, this one a ground loss as opposed to the TKO from Parker.  He can probably take away the same things we noted about Weaver in the last fight, and that’s that perhaps the takedown defense, d-grappling and transitions, or escapes in this case, just aren’t there yet.  They will be, knowing his manager. That is, so long as his manager doesn’t lose faith in him.  I have a feeling this would be a quick pick-up were his manager to ditch him though!  Bolt’s manager Bjorn was playing as if he wasn’t confident in his fighter’s ability coming into the fight, but I think that may have been more gamesmanship and head games than anything else.  I’ve heard he has renewed confidence he can do some things with this guy after the win though, so we’ll see what happens after he gets him back in the gym for a bit and works on a few things, as  he’s requested a little more time in between this go round.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Psiris Fuhren Defeats Lukas Reeves via KO (Punch)

Fuhren was on a heck of a run with four in a row right up until he ran into Wanderson Machado in a bid for the belt at Middleweight that just didn’t go his way.  He then fell to up and comer Nyah Hirst who is now the current champ.  After those losses, Fuhren felt it was time to reinvent himself and went back to the drawing board, spending some additional time in camp and cutting some weight, making the tough decision to move down to 170 with the Welterweights. 

With renewed confidence and swagger back in his pants, Fuhren decided to come out with a bang and take on Reeves who many others were looking to avoid.  To get this fight to go, we made it a fight for a title opportunity for Fuhren.  Needless to say, now that the fight is history Fuhren certainly made the most of the opportunity, pushing this fight against an extremely talented fighter like Reeves well into the third round before finding the answer and turning out the lights…

Reeves is aggressively charging in as Fuhren backs up avoiding any damage. Fuhren tosses out a jab and Reeves runs right into it face first! Reeves is out cold! Fuhren dropped down on all fours and is barking in Reeves's face like a pit bull in celebration until the ref was finally able to pull him away!

Donkey, did you see that?  Did you?  He was friggin’ barking at him man!  This is friggin’ insane!!!!

Outside the end result and that final shot that landed with a sickening thud, Reeves was as much in this fight as Fuhren was, landing close to the same number of shots, both strikes and kicks and both having the same issue getting much going on the ground, albeit with Fuhren playing defense mostly down there.  But as we said, things just aren’t clicking quite right yet for Reeves, something we do expect will turn around.

Well, what else do you have for us Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Reeves is a talented fighter who just hasn’t been able to figure out how to put it all together in a winning combination yet.  The time will come,  no doubt with that amount of pure talent, but at the same time some may be beginning to question either his heart or chin given his last three fights have ended in KO, TKO, KO.  My guess is that the next two fights or so will start to tell the tale and show us whether things will gel or if perhaps there’s an issue.  For Fuhren, what more could you ask for? He’s bounced back, gained confidence and now he’ll get a title shot next month against the winner of Vovchanchyn/Christiano.  Um, I’m not sure that’s something I’d necessarily be excited about…but he seems to be!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Montesh Dominguez Defeats Piney Winston via Unanimous Decision

Wow, as we finish off the Undercard here, let me just put this right here, which was Donkey’s prediction for the evening… “I actually do think Dominguez adjusts, has been training to counter his prior weaknesses and can get the right shots in at the right times.  His skills are considerable.  But, he’s also up against a dangerous opponent if he hasn’t fixed his ground game, specially transitions or escapes, along with defensive grappling.  As you said, we’re going to find out!

Not only did Dominguez follow through on doing the things he needed to this past month in camp, but he came in with confidence and composure against a very tough opponent who was definitely going to get the fight onto the ground.  However, Dominguez was up to the task, transitioning successfully, reversing even, getting standups and escapes when necessary and generally doing all the right thing to weather the storm when Winston would get him on the ground. 

Winston isn’t much of a standup fighter, and whenever he’d lose the ground position Dominguez would make him work hard to regain it again with another takedown.  In the meantime, Dominguez was using the clinch well where Winston really struggled to land his strikes and knees, while Dominguez was able to land about half his shots…more than enough to win in the eyes of the judges apparently!

Well Donkey, what else…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A great month of preparation for Dominguez and he finally earns himself a big break!  Going into this one 0-4, Dominguez could not afford to drop another.  And he didn’t.  Now, can he build on this, prepare for his next opponent just as well, and come out with the same fire?  We hope so!  For Winston, the disappointment has to be there.  This was a fight that was almost tailor made for a shot to rebound from his last loss and move into contender territory again. Now, with this setback he’s got more work to do before he can look to the guys at the top of the division.  More concerning though, is the morale loss Winston took after this loss.  That’s probably going to be a bit concerning for his manager I’d think.  Come on kid, get it together and don’t take it so hard, come back with heart and desire!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Red Crow Defeats Sergio Vargas via TKO (Strikes)

This fight went to the ground fairly early which was just about the last thing Vargas would want against a serious ground threat like Crow. However, Vargas showed a ton of moxie and managed to not only fend off Crow down there, but get a reversal and then back to his feet!  That was certainly something that would open a lot of eyes and once again have people talking about Vargas’ will and drive!

Once up, Vargas was landing his shots here or there.  And we know he can hit hard, so if more had been offered, maybe he’d have done more damage sooner, but likely he was respecting Crow’s ground game and didn’t want to be overly aggressive, opening himself to the takedown. You can appreciate that approach.  Unfortunately, the approach Vargas did want to use, the clinch, wasn’t working out for him as well as he’d liked.  Instead, Crow was taking it to him a bit in the clinch, gaining the upper hand and doing his fair bit of damage in there!

Once the softening up process was complete, Crow got it to the ground again towards the end of the round and we all know he can lay down some brutal ground and pound once there.  That’s exactly what he did, beating out the bell by about twelve seconds and beating the hell out of Vargas from side control before that!  The appetizers were shots and knees to the side of the body…and the main course was a huge elbow that hurt Vargas and brought on the final flurry of shots to finish it!

Well Donkey, ya got that one wrong eh…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I did say this was going to be a tough fight to pick, didn’t I?  Both are quality fighters and could have turned this fight one way or another with a key shot or two!  Crow was able to turn the fight with the clinch as you said, something Vargas was depending upon for his own work but instead  had it go against him.  After that, it was just going to the wheelhouse on the ground for Crow and this one was over!  A disappointing loss for Vargas as it makes four out of the last five marked with L’s.  The doctor has prescribed a win next month to cure what ails, we’ll see if Vargas can rebound again!  For Crow, this one puts him in position to get a shot at becoming Top Contender!  He’s been working for that for a bit now and the opportunity has arrived…one more win…and he’s off to fight for the title!

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

John Fury Defeats Joe Junior via TKO (Punches)

Well Donkey, you didn’t pick the winner right, but you certainly called it correctly when you said this would be a slobber knocker for the ages!  Unfortunately, that slobber knocking was a one-sided affair as Junior seemed to get caught off-guard a bit, maybe didn’t have his mind completely in the fight…and before he knew it Fury was all over him! 

First, Fury brought the pain boxing, landing three-quarters of his head shots out of the gate…but even more damaging for Junior was the clinch once Fury got the fight there! The head shots in the clinch were brutal and leaving Junior both shaken and stirred without much fight in the eyes!  Fury managed to rock Junior in the first clinch session, but the second was the one that did the business with a big uppercut that sent Junior to his knee.  Another uppercut a few shots later and Junior was crumbling while the ref stood by and watched the massacre until Junior simply went to the mat and covered up for the finish!

Well Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Honestly, I’m not sure what happened here.  Junior was ready to go coming into this fight, with full energy and morale.  So I have no idea what caused him to check out for the most part while Fury took the win that was being handed to him!  Especially in a fight where a title shot was on the line.  Fury certainly didn’t need to be told twice to “Finish Him!” as your daughter would say Hare, so on to fight for the title next month!  For Junior, time to figure out what went wrong and get that morale back in order…

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

John Doe Defeats Aleks Kuznetsov via TKO (Strikes)

You know Donkey, this next one here was a huge one with a former champion in the cage against an up and coming undefeated fighter across from him!  And, some would call the pick you made a bit of a “going for the underdog” in this given the circumstances.  But…you nailed it!  Wow.  And crazy enough, this one ended twelve seconds before the first round could come to a close as well, just like the Crow/Vargas fight earlier!

This one didn’t end on the ground like that other fight though!  No sir, these two stood toe to toe and threw hands Donkey!  Kuznetsov was aggressive and going right after Doe…and Doe was letting him come and countering!  And that strategy was all it really took for Doe to get those nasty shots in and set up the big series…ending like this…

Kuznetsov throws an off balance right hand and Doe counters with a series of strikes that really hurt Kuznetsov! The ref looks into his eyes and sees nobody home - he's called the fight! This one is all over!

What do you have there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

It seems the diversity of Doe’s shots, including the low kicks to slow down Kuznetsov some, paid off.  But the big winning move here was the counter striking game that set Kuznetsov up for the nasties when he came in hard!  Kuznetsov is a beast…but perhaps he went a little too “seeing red” on this one and Doe was ready to put him down.  With this win, Doe puts himself in position to fight for Top Contenders status next month.  We don’t know who the opponent will be yet as we’re watching a few key upcoming fights, but we think we’ll know just after Christmas!  For Kuznetsov, a setback, as he was looking to get back to the title…he’ll need to regroup and figure out what he needs at this point to evolve and get back there!

Co-Main Event: Lightweights

Demi Achilles Defeats Rudy Giuliani via Submission (Guillotine)

Fans of the Lightweight division out there will be super-excited with this Co-Main event tonight as it will determine the shape of the division in the next few months!  That’s what we had to say heading into this one…and while this certainly was no marathon, our fans got twenty-one seconds of pulse pounding, up on your feet screaming excitement  out of this and boy, did they love it with a 100% fan fight rating!

The bell rang…Giuliani and Achilles came together quickly…with Giuliani immediately leveling Achilles with a right and left that knocked Achilles clean off his feet and put them on the mat with Achilles rocked and desperately looking to buy time!  The blood was flowing already and Achilles was on his back, cut with Giuliani in guard…and dazed from hell from that initial onslaught!

So what is a ground fighter to do?  Well, go into auto-pilot and lean on your training I guess?  That seems to be what Achilles did, as rocked or not he went for a sub from the bottom, not succeeding but again, buying time.  Giuliani was having none of that to start…but then in attempting to improve position and transition into half-guard or side control he got his head just a little too low…

Giuliani looking to improve position, pressing down on Achilles's thigh with his hand. Achilles seems to be working to lock up a guilotine though... is Giuliani paying attention? Apparently not! He's locked it up tight! Giuliani's face has turned purple! Will he tap? Will he! YES! He's tapped! Achilles picked his opening and made it count! Great finish! 

Damn Donkey, nobody saw that coming, did you…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Hell no, if I said I saw that one coming I’d be lying my ass off…no pun intended, don’t even say it Hare!  Anyways, SOMEBODY will probably argue with us over this, but…the fans loved it, we loved it, and despite Giuliani’s lack of ground skills…which is surprising that he followed to the ground in this one…a fatal flaw for this fight it seems…it was still a heck of a slick submission and a hell of a way to turn a losing situation around with a quickness!  With that win Achilles has earned a Top Contender battle in January and with a win could find himself fighting for the title in February!  Giuliani’s camp tells us they’ve been forgetting to properly prep him with strategy heading into the fights…and if they don’t start focusing on that a bit, it’s going to be difficult to recover from the 1-3 hole he’s dug into.

Main Event: Light Heavyweight Championship

Jacob Parker Defeats Wille Thai via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, our HR department has informed us that our own beloved Juice Fluffer has contracted Covid and therefore was unavailable to do the intros for the fight.  We could go through them with the sub that came in for the announcements, but frankly it was just underwhelming and I’d prefer not to think about it too much!  Despite that, there was no lack of  hype and energy for this fight as Wille Thai made his intro to the cage, prepared to challenge for the belt tonight against reigning and defending Light Heavyweight Champion, Jacob Parker!

Parker came out of the bell throwing head kicks, body kicks, fists to the head, you name it he was dishing it!  Before this thing even got to the minute mark Thai was bleeding already and I have to tell you Donkey, I thought this was going to be over quick the way it started!

Wille Thai decided he wasn’t going out like that without some fight though and about halfway through the first got a much needed takedown to put the fight into his domain!  Unfortunately for him, he was unable to maintain and control and Parker was able to kick him off and get back to the feet.  Surprising, as usually Thai is more dominant than that on the ground!  A little over a minute later, after eating a few more shots from Parker, Thai managed to get it back to the ground again with another takedown.

Once  he had the fight back on the ground Thai got the chance to start working his submission game. Parker was still doing a nice job fending him off though, even transitioning when Thai postured up to jump over on top!  Thai, still comfortable so long as the fight was on the ground, went right back to the sub attempts but again, Parker was impressing everybody with defense on the ground we weren’t sure he had.  Parker won the round with the shots he was able to dish out and we moved on to the second!

Parker wasn’t playing around this time and after fending off a couple Thai takedown attempts he moved this thing into the clinch and started dealing out the pain!  Thai was still focused on defense and trying for a takedown, neither of which was going very well in the clinch for him.  Another minute and a half of abuse was about all it took before Thai was dropped and taking shots that the ref had no choice but to end!

Well, he might not have been with us to say it Donkey, but let me stick his picture up on the wall here next to us and tell you what Juice woulda said if he was…and that would have been…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

“Ladies and gentlemen…after two minutes and thirty-seven seconds of the second round…the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by Technical Knockoutttt…ANNNNNNDDDD STILLLLL…Sucker Punch Pro Series…UNNNNNDISPUTEDDDDD…Light Heavyweight Champion of the World…“Jaaaaaaacob…PARRRRRRRRKERRRRR!!!!!!

He did it again Donkey!  What do you think of that…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Another fantastic defense against an outstanding competitor for Jacob Parker!  And this time, proving he can survive against a totally different kind of threat as well!  If there were any questions as to whether Parker was well rounded enough to hold the belt long term, I think this fight just answered those questions folks!  For Thai, this was a huge opportunity and no doubt one he’d like to have had a better result from, but at the same time, to reach this point is also an outstanding job. He’ll go back, regroup, train hard, and come back to the cage ready to prove that someday, perhaps, he’ll be back and hunting gold again!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Can’t even begin to say again how much fun last night was Donkey!  The fans were great, our fighters were great and the city of Sydney was great!  The Bridge is a great venue where the roar of 10,000 fans just gives you goosebumps and the energy makes your hair stand on end…I can’t wait to be back…

And till next time folks……don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

1607436224SPPS_Poster_28.png

POST EVENT CHEAP SHOTS

Sucker Punch Pro Series 28

Alright Sucker Punch fans, we’re back and what a night it was over at The Bridge in Sydney!  I was hoping we’d have that place rocking right to its core for all of Sydney to feel, and I’ll be damned if our crew didn’t make that happen!   I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and we couldn’t be more excited to talk about the action that 10,000 fans were on hand to see at Sucker Punch Pro Series 28!

We pulled out one of our best event ratings to date with a stellar card, great pulse pounding fights, a crew of fighters and managers who came prepped and ready to go for their fights right down to the last guy…what more could I ask for?!?  Not a whole hell of a lot, that’s for sure.  We had top contender opportunities on the line and guys leaving it all in the cage in their quest to climb the ladder…we had a championship fight that ended with fireworks and we had at least a couple of fights that looked like they were going one way…and then suddenly, whiplash as they took an about-face and went completely sideways!  I love it!

Anyway, let’s hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner so we can get to the good stuff!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Shadow Warrior Nutrition was on hand at the event last night and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch!  Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand next time or visit them in game to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q.  It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Repus Revorg Defeats Trevor Barnes via Unanimous Decision

Ok Donkey, let’s get this thing going!  And to start off the night as we look back, we’ll open with one of my own fighters who managed to snag a win from an opponent that had a bit of a head start on him at least in registered ID terms! 

As we suspected and mentioned in the preview, Barnes tends to be somewhat reserved,  not going overly aggressive or active but hitting hard when he lands them, and he likes to mix it up a bit with the hands and feet.  We were prepared for that coming in and planned to clinch a bit to take away the variety in Barnes’ attack.  We were successful with that, to a degree, with Barnes doing a nice job of fending off most of our clinch attempts.  But, with enough tries, we did get through and Revorg was able to get the damaged done in the clinch to soften things up a bit and score some with the judges.  Where he really scored though was by staying aggressive and active outside the clinch, boxing well and landing almost every shot he threw, finding that Barnes’ striking defense might need just a little work. 

What we didn’t want was this fight on the ground. Barnes’ got it there anyway and the Revorg corner was a little concerned for a bit at first.  Fortunately Revorg was able to defend against Barnes’ advances and kept Barnes busy by making him worry about sub attempts that, while unlikely to finish, were still something to take Barnes’ mind off the attack and transitions.  Eventually this one went back to the feet and you have to give Barnes credit, he took a ton of shots and still hung in there refusing to be put down!  Hell of a lot of spirit in this kid!

Anything else Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I didn’t get this pick right Hare, but I got half of the reasoning correct!  Barnes certainly does have a granite chin and he took plenty of shots and proved that that chin of his is for real!  Now, fortunately, after he took the shots and this thing dragged on your own boy Revorg was able to hang in there and get the win via points, showing that he too has some spunk and some pretty decent defense to frustrate Barnes on the ground.  All in all, I’d call this a pretty good outing for both fighters showing some big time promise for the future!

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Ceedee Queen Defeats Joseph Weaver via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, all you need to know about this second fight of the evening is what we said here in the preview:  Queen has elite wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He’s one bad, dangerous man on the ground and not in your playful, “I’m gonna twist this and see if you say Uncle” sorta way either!  No, more in the “I’m going to get as close to mount as possible and I’m going to pound the living hell outa your face!” kinda way! 

Indeed, Queen went out and did exactly that, getting the takedown literally within a split second of the opening bell!  Once he was on the ground in side control, it was just a matter of pouring on the abuse, which he did with enthusiasm!  Weaver basically got stuck in a situation on the ground where he tried to transition out, but never could and instead ate shots until Queen got the mount, landed a nasty one that rocked Weaver…and the ref had seen enough!

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Apparently takedown defense is certainly not the strongest part of Weaver’s game so far in his development.  Neither is defensive grappling or transitions apparently, at least not when up against a talented ground artist like Queen.  Queen made quick work of this fight and with it moves to 3-1, rebounding from  his loss to Weston Hodkiewicz last month!  He’s on the right track and will be moving up those rankings!  Weaver now must figure out what his best approach is going to be in the future, and what skills and focus he needs to make it happen as he’s now lost via TKO both from the clinch and the ground. He’ll bounce back as he’s got a strong management team behind him!

Undercard Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Derwent Bolt Defeats Julian Rourke via Submission (Kimura)

This third bout of the evening was almost a carbon copy of the prior fight, only insert two new fighters in Bold and Rourke, and also swap in submission attempts rather than strikes on the ground!  Other than that, ditto!  A quick takedown after the bell, a ton seven successive submission attempts…and bingo, we have a winner with the Kimura as Rourke taps out!

I’d love to go more into detail here Donkey, but there’s not much more to say.  This thing was over just a second shy of three minutes in and both escape this one without much energy lost or injury. 

How about it Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Rourke’s manager, Don Xyel, certainly won’t be thrilled with this outcome after having fallen short in his title bid last month to Jacob Parker.  Instead, he loses a second time, this one a ground loss as opposed to the TKO from Parker.  He can probably take away the same things we noted about Weaver in the last fight, and that’s that perhaps the takedown defense, d-grappling and transitions, or escapes in this case, just aren’t there yet.  They will be, knowing his manager. That is, so long as his manager doesn’t lose faith in him.  I have a feeling this would be a quick pick-up were his manager to ditch him though!  Bolt’s manager Bjorn was playing as if he wasn’t confident in his fighter’s ability coming into the fight, but I think that may have been more gamesmanship and head games than anything else.  I’ve heard he has renewed confidence he can do some things with this guy after the win though, so we’ll see what happens after he gets him back in the gym for a bit and works on a few things, as  he’s requested a little more time in between this go round.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Psiris Fuhren Defeats Lukas Reeves via KO (Punch)

Fuhren was on a heck of a run with four in a row right up until he ran into Wanderson Machado in a bid for the belt at Middleweight that just didn’t go his way.  He then fell to up and comer Nyah Hirst who is now the current champ.  After those losses, Fuhren felt it was time to reinvent himself and went back to the drawing board, spending some additional time in camp and cutting some weight, making the tough decision to move down to 170 with the Welterweights. 

With renewed confidence and swagger back in his pants, Fuhren decided to come out with a bang and take on Reeves who many others were looking to avoid.  To get this fight to go, we made it a fight for a title opportunity for Fuhren.  Needless to say, now that the fight is history Fuhren certainly made the most of the opportunity, pushing this fight against an extremely talented fighter like Reeves well into the third round before finding the answer and turning out the lights…

Reeves is aggressively charging in as Fuhren backs up avoiding any damage. Fuhren tosses out a jab and Reeves runs right into it face first! Reeves is out cold! Fuhren dropped down on all fours and is barking in Reeves's face like a pit bull in celebration until the ref was finally able to pull him away!

Donkey, did you see that?  Did you?  He was friggin’ barking at him man!  This is friggin’ insane!!!!

Outside the end result and that final shot that landed with a sickening thud, Reeves was as much in this fight as Fuhren was, landing close to the same number of shots, both strikes and kicks and both having the same issue getting much going on the ground, albeit with Fuhren playing defense mostly down there.  But as we said, things just aren’t clicking quite right yet for Reeves, something we do expect will turn around.

Well, what else do you have for us Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Reeves is a talented fighter who just hasn’t been able to figure out how to put it all together in a winning combination yet.  The time will come,  no doubt with that amount of pure talent, but at the same time some may be beginning to question either his heart or chin given his last three fights have ended in KO, TKO, KO.  My guess is that the next two fights or so will start to tell the tale and show us whether things will gel or if perhaps there’s an issue.  For Fuhren, what more could you ask for? He’s bounced back, gained confidence and now he’ll get a title shot next month against the winner of Vovchanchyn/Christiano.  Um, I’m not sure that’s something I’d necessarily be excited about…but he seems to be!

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Montesh Dominguez Defeats Piney Winston via Unanimous Decision

Wow, as we finish off the Undercard here, let me just put this right here, which was Donkey’s prediction for the evening… “I actually do think Dominguez adjusts, has been training to counter his prior weaknesses and can get the right shots in at the right times.  His skills are considerable.  But, he’s also up against a dangerous opponent if he hasn’t fixed his ground game, specially transitions or escapes, along with defensive grappling.  As you said, we’re going to find out!

Not only did Dominguez follow through on doing the things he needed to this past month in camp, but he came in with confidence and composure against a very tough opponent who was definitely going to get the fight onto the ground.  However, Dominguez was up to the task, transitioning successfully, reversing even, getting standups and escapes when necessary and generally doing all the right thing to weather the storm when Winston would get him on the ground. 

Winston isn’t much of a standup fighter, and whenever he’d lose the ground position Dominguez would make him work hard to regain it again with another takedown.  In the meantime, Dominguez was using the clinch well where Winston really struggled to land his strikes and knees, while Dominguez was able to land about half his shots…more than enough to win in the eyes of the judges apparently!

Well Donkey, what else…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

A great month of preparation for Dominguez and he finally earns himself a big break!  Going into this one 0-4, Dominguez could not afford to drop another.  And he didn’t.  Now, can he build on this, prepare for his next opponent just as well, and come out with the same fire?  We hope so!  For Winston, the disappointment has to be there.  This was a fight that was almost tailor made for a shot to rebound from his last loss and move into contender territory again. Now, with this setback he’s got more work to do before he can look to the guys at the top of the division.  More concerning though, is the morale loss Winston took after this loss.  That’s probably going to be a bit concerning for his manager I’d think.  Come on kid, get it together and don’t take it so hard, come back with heart and desire!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Red Crow Defeats Sergio Vargas via TKO (Strikes)

This fight went to the ground fairly early which was just about the last thing Vargas would want against a serious ground threat like Crow. However, Vargas showed a ton of moxie and managed to not only fend off Crow down there, but get a reversal and then back to his feet!  That was certainly something that would open a lot of eyes and once again have people talking about Vargas’ will and drive!

Once up, Vargas was landing his shots here or there.  And we know he can hit hard, so if more had been offered, maybe he’d have done more damage sooner, but likely he was respecting Crow’s ground game and didn’t want to be overly aggressive, opening himself to the takedown. You can appreciate that approach.  Unfortunately, the approach Vargas did want to use, the clinch, wasn’t working out for him as well as he’d liked.  Instead, Crow was taking it to him a bit in the clinch, gaining the upper hand and doing his fair bit of damage in there!

Once the softening up process was complete, Crow got it to the ground again towards the end of the round and we all know he can lay down some brutal ground and pound once there.  That’s exactly what he did, beating out the bell by about twelve seconds and beating the hell out of Vargas from side control before that!  The appetizers were shots and knees to the side of the body…and the main course was a huge elbow that hurt Vargas and brought on the final flurry of shots to finish it!

Well Donkey, ya got that one wrong eh…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I did say this was going to be a tough fight to pick, didn’t I?  Both are quality fighters and could have turned this fight one way or another with a key shot or two!  Crow was able to turn the fight with the clinch as you said, something Vargas was depending upon for his own work but instead  had it go against him.  After that, it was just going to the wheelhouse on the ground for Crow and this one was over!  A disappointing loss for Vargas as it makes four out of the last five marked with L’s.  The doctor has prescribed a win next month to cure what ails, we’ll see if Vargas can rebound again!  For Crow, this one puts him in position to get a shot at becoming Top Contender!  He’s been working for that for a bit now and the opportunity has arrived…one more win…and he’s off to fight for the title!

Main Card Bout #2: Light Heavyweights

John Fury Defeats Joe Junior via TKO (Punches)

Well Donkey, you didn’t pick the winner right, but you certainly called it correctly when you said this would be a slobber knocker for the ages!  Unfortunately, that slobber knocking was a one-sided affair as Junior seemed to get caught off-guard a bit, maybe didn’t have his mind completely in the fight…and before he knew it Fury was all over him! 

First, Fury brought the pain boxing, landing three-quarters of his head shots out of the gate…but even more damaging for Junior was the clinch once Fury got the fight there! The head shots in the clinch were brutal and leaving Junior both shaken and stirred without much fight in the eyes!  Fury managed to rock Junior in the first clinch session, but the second was the one that did the business with a big uppercut that sent Junior to his knee.  Another uppercut a few shots later and Junior was crumbling while the ref stood by and watched the massacre until Junior simply went to the mat and covered up for the finish!

Well Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Honestly, I’m not sure what happened here.  Junior was ready to go coming into this fight, with full energy and morale.  So I have no idea what caused him to check out for the most part while Fury took the win that was being handed to him!  Especially in a fight where a title shot was on the line.  Fury certainly didn’t need to be told twice to “Finish Him!” as your daughter would say Hare, so on to fight for the title next month!  For Junior, time to figure out what went wrong and get that morale back in order…

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

John Doe Defeats Aleks Kuznetsov via TKO (Strikes)

You know Donkey, this next one here was a huge one with a former champion in the cage against an up and coming undefeated fighter across from him!  And, some would call the pick you made a bit of a “going for the underdog” in this given the circumstances.  But…you nailed it!  Wow.  And crazy enough, this one ended twelve seconds before the first round could come to a close as well, just like the Crow/Vargas fight earlier!

This one didn’t end on the ground like that other fight though!  No sir, these two stood toe to toe and threw hands Donkey!  Kuznetsov was aggressive and going right after Doe…and Doe was letting him come and countering!  And that strategy was all it really took for Doe to get those nasty shots in and set up the big series…ending like this…

Kuznetsov throws an off balance right hand and Doe counters with a series of strikes that really hurt Kuznetsov! The ref looks into his eyes and sees nobody home - he's called the fight! This one is all over!

What do you have there Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

It seems the diversity of Doe’s shots, including the low kicks to slow down Kuznetsov some, paid off.  But the big winning move here was the counter striking game that set Kuznetsov up for the nasties when he came in hard!  Kuznetsov is a beast…but perhaps he went a little too “seeing red” on this one and Doe was ready to put him down.  With this win, Doe puts himself in position to fight for Top Contenders status next month.  We don’t know who the opponent will be yet as we’re watching a few key upcoming fights, but we think we’ll know just after Christmas!  For Kuznetsov, a setback, as he was looking to get back to the title…he’ll need to regroup and figure out what he needs at this point to evolve and get back there!

Co-Main Event: Lightweights

Demi Achilles Defeats Rudy Giuliani via Submission (Guillotine)

Fans of the Lightweight division out there will be super-excited with this Co-Main event tonight as it will determine the shape of the division in the next few months!  That’s what we had to say heading into this one…and while this certainly was no marathon, our fans got twenty-one seconds of pulse pounding, up on your feet screaming excitement  out of this and boy, did they love it with a 100% fan fight rating!

The bell rang…Giuliani and Achilles came together quickly…with Giuliani immediately leveling Achilles with a right and left that knocked Achilles clean off his feet and put them on the mat with Achilles rocked and desperately looking to buy time!  The blood was flowing already and Achilles was on his back, cut with Giuliani in guard…and dazed from hell from that initial onslaught!

So what is a ground fighter to do?  Well, go into auto-pilot and lean on your training I guess?  That seems to be what Achilles did, as rocked or not he went for a sub from the bottom, not succeeding but again, buying time.  Giuliani was having none of that to start…but then in attempting to improve position and transition into half-guard or side control he got his head just a little too low…

Giuliani looking to improve position, pressing down on Achilles's thigh with his hand. Achilles seems to be working to lock up a guilotine though... is Giuliani paying attention? Apparently not! He's locked it up tight! Giuliani's face has turned purple! Will he tap? Will he! YES! He's tapped! Achilles picked his opening and made it count! Great finish! 

Damn Donkey, nobody saw that coming, did you…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Hell no, if I said I saw that one coming I’d be lying my ass off…no pun intended, don’t even say it Hare!  Anyways, SOMEBODY will probably argue with us over this, but…the fans loved it, we loved it, and despite Giuliani’s lack of ground skills…which is surprising that he followed to the ground in this one…a fatal flaw for this fight it seems…it was still a heck of a slick submission and a hell of a way to turn a losing situation around with a quickness!  With that win Achilles has earned a Top Contender battle in January and with a win could find himself fighting for the title in February!  Giuliani’s camp tells us they’ve been forgetting to properly prep him with strategy heading into the fights…and if they don’t start focusing on that a bit, it’s going to be difficult to recover from the 1-3 hole he’s dug into.

Main Event: Light Heavyweight Championship

Jacob Parker Defeats Wille Thai via TKO (Strikes)

Donkey, our HR department has informed us that our own beloved Juice Fluffer has contracted Covid and therefore was unavailable to do the intros for the fight.  We could go through them with the sub that came in for the announcements, but frankly it was just underwhelming and I’d prefer not to think about it too much!  Despite that, there was no lack of  hype and energy for this fight as Wille Thai made his intro to the cage, prepared to challenge for the belt tonight against reigning and defending Light Heavyweight Champion, Jacob Parker!

Parker came out of the bell throwing head kicks, body kicks, fists to the head, you name it he was dishing it!  Before this thing even got to the minute mark Thai was bleeding already and I have to tell you Donkey, I thought this was going to be over quick the way it started!

Wille Thai decided he wasn’t going out like that without some fight though and about halfway through the first got a much needed takedown to put the fight into his domain!  Unfortunately for him, he was unable to maintain and control and Parker was able to kick him off and get back to the feet.  Surprising, as usually Thai is more dominant than that on the ground!  A little over a minute later, after eating a few more shots from Parker, Thai managed to get it back to the ground again with another takedown.

Once  he had the fight back on the ground Thai got the chance to start working his submission game. Parker was still doing a nice job fending him off though, even transitioning when Thai postured up to jump over on top!  Thai, still comfortable so long as the fight was on the ground, went right back to the sub attempts but again, Parker was impressing everybody with defense on the ground we weren’t sure he had.  Parker won the round with the shots he was able to dish out and we moved on to the second!

Parker wasn’t playing around this time and after fending off a couple Thai takedown attempts he moved this thing into the clinch and started dealing out the pain!  Thai was still focused on defense and trying for a takedown, neither of which was going very well in the clinch for him.  Another minute and a half of abuse was about all it took before Thai was dropped and taking shots that the ref had no choice but to end!

Well, he might not have been with us to say it Donkey, but let me stick his picture up on the wall here next to us and tell you what Juice woulda said if he was…and that would have been…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

“Ladies and gentlemen…after two minutes and thirty-seven seconds of the second round…the referee has called a stop to this fight…”

“Declaring the winner…by Technical Knockoutttt…ANNNNNNDDDD STILLLLL…Sucker Punch Pro Series…UNNNNNDISPUTEDDDDD…Light Heavyweight Champion of the World…“Jaaaaaaacob…PARRRRRRRRKERRRRR!!!!!!

He did it again Donkey!  What do you think of that…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Another fantastic defense against an outstanding competitor for Jacob Parker!  And this time, proving he can survive against a totally different kind of threat as well!  If there were any questions as to whether Parker was well rounded enough to hold the belt long term, I think this fight just answered those questions folks!  For Thai, this was a huge opportunity and no doubt one he’d like to have had a better result from, but at the same time, to reach this point is also an outstanding job. He’ll go back, regroup, train hard, and come back to the cage ready to prove that someday, perhaps, he’ll be back and hunting gold again!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Can’t even begin to say again how much fun last night was Donkey!  The fans were great, our fighters were great and the city of Sydney was great!  The Bridge is a great venue where the roar of 10,000 fans just gives you goosebumps and the energy makes your hair stand on end…I can’t wait to be back…

And till next time folks……don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

Ace work Hare!

• Like 1

Episode One: Crayths Crib - PART TWO
Special Guests: Obama Filth, Wilfred Ainsworth

"SHADOW WARRIOR NUTRITION!"

https://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1584375781SWN.jpg

477418503_CraythorneAvatar.png.4a4a6df6213e048623667d88f00844b4.png
Daniel Craythorne (Host of Crayths Crib)

*We return from the commercial break with a grinning Daniel Craythorne stood on the stage. He wears a glittering gold watch adorned with Diamonds, Rubies and Sapphires. He stands infront of a plasma screen which shows the ‘Sucker Punch’ logo on screen.*

Daniel Craythorne: “Ladies and gentlemen.. please hold your applause. We are about to welcome Wilfred Ainsworth “The Third.” Wilfred comes from a powerful and rich British family. Since a young age Wilfred dedicated his life to martial arts, and due to his families riches he travelled the world being taught by the legendary martial artists of this century and tonight he joins us to discuss his next match-up against Obama Filth! PLEASE WELCOME WILFRED AINSWORTH!

Big Crowd Sound | Free Sound Effects | Human Sounds

*A very sharply dressed Wilfred Ainsworth steps onto the stage with a huge grin on his face. Swaggering through the curtain onto the stage – he is met with a mixed reaction from the 10,000 capacity crowd. Daniel Craythorne gets up to meet Wilfred and shakes his hand.

Behind Wilfred on the monitor are a highlight package of Wilfreds last two wins in the Sucker Punch Pro Series against Jin Yi most recently via a unanimous decision and his impressive 1st Round KO against Jim Bean.*

Daniel Craythorne: “Welcome Wilfred, very glad to have a fellow Englishman on the show!” 

*Wilfred grins and lowers the shades that are covering his eyes and adjusts the top botton on his shirt collar before signalling for Daniel to continue.*

Daniel Craythorne: “So.. anyway. Wilfred, how are you feeling ahead of the fight on the 12th vs Filth?”

Wilfred Ainsworth: “How'm I feelin?  Bein honest, I'm feelin bloody brilliant.  We’ve ad a good camp, the boys have been teein me up for a war, so yea, I’m ready. You know me Danny son, I will take on anyone anywhere.”

Daniel Craythorne: *Daniel nods his head agreeing before continuing the questions* "What strengths do you think you possess that will help you win this fight against Obama Filth on the 12th?”

Wilfred Ainsworth: “I fink it’s clear I av the better chin in dis fight, by far.  Our striking is similar, but, I fink my hands will be too much for the chap.” 

Wilfred Ainsworth: “In dis fight, I fink he needs to clinch to win, and control it good ya’know?  Standin, and rollin I feel like I got him good, watch out for dese hands tonight boss, the camera man is gonna needta be ready for the highlight.”

Daniel Craythorne: “Ahh yeah I get what you mean Wilf. How do you think the fight will go and whats your prediction of the fight?”

Wilfred Ainsworth: *Wilfred giggles to himself and strokes his chin..* “Easy, Team Grunt comes in and demolishes anover middleweight.  I would be surprised if dis fight goes all da way. Round one he’s nappin bloke.  I got an after party to get to uno, you’re more than welcome to come mate!”

*Wilfred winks and laughs at Daniel and Tara who grimaces*

Daniel Craythorne: “Very confident talk Wilfred! I bet you’re itching to get out there now! Where do you see ‘Wilfred Ainsworth The Third’ going after this fight?”

Wilfred Ainsworth: “Honest, I aint thinkin bout the next fight boss.  All my energy and sight is on dis monkey, once I put him down we’ll meet in the gym, regather and decide what is up next.”

Daniel Craythorne: “Ahhh, I do love that mentality Wilfred! With that mindset – we are in for a REAL spectacle and treat! Thank you for your time Wilfred, the only thing left to do is the final staredown before you two match upon the weekend.”

*Tara Gold walks from behind the curtain and over to a prepared bit of stage ready for the two to square up and go head to head. Obama Filth follows closely behind her. Daniel and Wilfred get up simultaneously and make a beeline for the same bit of stage.

Face to Face | International Oral History Association

Wilfred and Obama step up head to head, eye to eye. The electricity rushes through the arena as the crowd scream wildly – the two push each others heads with Daniel standing close by waiting to jump into the middle if needed.*

Daniel Craythorne: “This is the last time these two will square up before their highly anticipated bout this weekend! WHAT A LINE UP WE HAVE FOR YOU GUYS AT SUCKER PUNCH PRO SERIES 29!!! DON’T MISS IT!!! THANK YOU FOR JOINING US ON OUR FIRST EVER EDITION OF CRAYFS CRIB!”

CRAYTHS CRIB EP01 - 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Fight Week Diary : Sean Smith

Monday 12-7-2020 

If you didn't know any better you would think that Sean Smith didn't belong in this gym. It's Monday morning and the sun isn't up yet but The Young Gun is shining all by his lonesome. The black Lamborghini stands out in the shopping mall parking lot where his gym is located. Amongst mini vans and sedans everything about Sean Smith stands out. 

" You have a bunch of Russian wrestlers , some Abu Dhabi champions and college wrestlers all training and then you have Sean. Nothing about him says he belongs in this gym but his work ethic." Says ADCC Champion and BJJ Black Belt Ryan Gordon. " He came in here with Ibrahim and he was the only striker in the gym then. Nobody thought he would last. He was a white belt with useless wrestling at 19 years old and now at 21 his ground game is legit though you wouldn't know it because he keeps knocking dudes out."

As Smith begins his bjj sparring it's easy to see now that he has made this place his home. 

" He recruited Brennan and Mason to come here because like him they are strikers and he knew they needed to improve on the ground if they wanted to make a living at fighting. Sean is young but everyone here is in their early twenties. The difference with everyone else and Sean is that he came from the dirt , he never had money , grew up poor and now that he is making money he likes to spend it. The rest of these guys , most of them and money home to Russia to their families or guys like Ryan and Nicky Gordon they save most of it. Sean is flashy , he is mouthy but he works hard and believes in himself and we do too". Says Sean's Manager Robert Smith

As one session ends Sean looks at the camera watching his every move and starts jawing as if his upcoming opponent was holding the camera. " You ain't expect this huh? Big Willy ain't expect me to take his ass to the mat and tko him!"

As the day drags on so does the fight team known as The Savage Death Squad. A mixture of bjj brown and black belts , exceptional wrestlers and a few very good strikers including Sean. After half of the gym is done wrestling Sean finds himself alone doing some ct. He spends every minute of eight hours a day in this gym.  This is his 9 to 5 and he is proud of his work ethic. 

After lunch next door he gets back in the gym for more sessions, this time though he is wearing his gi. After an afternoon on the mat it's time to clean the mats before going home. 

" He is a blue belt , all the white and blue belts clean the mats after our training is done. Brennan , Ibrahim and Brendan Wallace all contribute as well." Says the eldest Gordon.  

At a little after five PM Sean walks out of the gym in east Los Angeles with his duffle of sweaty clothes in hand and as the door to the lambo opens he knows he is just four sleeps away from another fight.  

Tuesday 12-8-2020

Today Sean is doing working on his takedowns. His wrestling game continues to elevate every day and it has been a huge focus for this fight camp. His opponent on Friday night is power puncher Bill Sherman and though Sean believes his chin will hold up to anyone he also believes in rounding out his game. 

He has to wrestle for twenty five minutes while his opponents keep cycling in and out. Current CACC title challenger and tournament winner Joey Woods is attempting to take Smith's back but the young gun won't allow it. 

" These guys love wrestling Sean because compared to them he is a rookie at it. As good as he has become he is still very green compared to the CACC and GRPL grapplers we have here." Says Coach Fuji Nakamura 

Another morning spent on the mats with the men he considers family turns into an afternoon spent doing more circuit training. As the sweat begins to pour like buckets Sean wipes down and steps on the scales. 

" One Hundred and ninety pounds , five to go and we still have a few days." Says strength and conditioning coach Vinny Giuseppe.

Sean feels up on a lunch delivered by his dietitian and then he and Ibrahim Volkov begin working on some boxing sparring. Volkov and Smith became best friends when they were introduced by their old manager. They hit it off but didn't see growth so they fired their manager and signed with Robert together. Since signing with Robert both men have made their pro debuts and have a combined 7 - 1 record. 

" He is my best friend , he shows me muay thai and boxing and I show him how to not Hey mauled by bear." Says Volkov. " He is fighting a man I already beat. We were in Sydney, Australia together and he saw me beat Sherman. Now it is his turn to go and mail this man."

As day turns into night the Savage Death Squad leave the gym behind. After getting cleaned up Sean meets up with his team at their favorite restaurant La Quinta. They have one final meal as a team before Ibrahim and Sean leave for Australia and teammates Nicky and Ethan compete for CACC. 

" I love this stuff man , you got all the coaches, all the fighters and our manager all in one spot. Twenty five of us, all getting one another ready for war. I grew up in the hood, my momma was a crackhead and I never knew my pops. Once my grandma passed away the streets raised me. So to be here at this table with these men , this is my family." Says Sean Smith with a smile as someone takes a picture of the team. 

Wednesday  12-9-2020 

Sean is picked up promptly at four am and chauffeured to LAX where he is met by his manager and two coaches along with Ibrahim.  These are the four men he'll fly halfway across the world with. As all five men get comfortable on the private jet owned by Robert, Sean finds himself reflecting on his journey thus far. 

" I remember when my grandma died and they came and kicked us out her house and all that it was like where am I going?  What am I doing in my life? I found the boxing gym over in long beach and that changed everything. I got hooked and ended up taking a few amateur boxing matches and after knocking these dudes out I was like okay , I can do this. Without boxing , without martial arts I would probably be dead. Now I'm headed to another country , I'm about to make another ten thousand dollars in sponsorship money , make some poor dude regret his career choices and then it's back on a plane and back to the grind. But for now I'm taking a nap so peace!" 

After a grueling trip to Australia the Savage Death Squad finally arrive. Sean , Ibrahim and company are all taken to their host hotel and shown to their rooms. After everyone wakes up and unloads their baggage it's off to the closest gym. Sean has a few more pounds to shed before weighing in tomorrow morning. 

Thursday 12-10-2020

The team is awake early , Ibrahim and Sean both check their weight for their Middleweight fights.  Both men are on point for the weigh in and as the time ticks closer both fighters begin to stir in their hotel room. Once the SPPS staffers knock on the door they're already standing and on their weigh down to get weighed in. 

As both men and their team stands in the hall they look in the room and see SPPS workers, athletic committee workers and lots of media members. This fight card is huge and they will be competing in front of over 10,000 fans. As Ibrahim's name is called he walks into the room quietly takes the scale and as his weight is read he smiles and walks off. 

" Next up Sean Smith , Middleweight " says the announcer as Sean takes off his clothes and jewelry.  "Sean Smith , one hundred and eighty five pounds on the dot!" 

Sean flexes for all the cameras and then shouts loudly " Y'all paying me to kill this mother#@$$@. You all better be paying attention cause any of y'all could be next." 

As Sean stepped off the scale laughing he approached his team but they weren't laughing, they were stoic. Everyone knows that Sean Smith can be loud , brash and a little too confident at times but after a long training camp and a long trip across the world he has earned the right to speak up at this time and so his team let's him. 

After the weigh in the team goes out for a nutritious lunch to fill up Ibrahim and Sean. Nothing too fatty and nothing that will leave them bloated but they definitely feast. After a meal they enjoy a trip to the zoo. Sean likes visiting the zoo each fight week in Sydney as it helps him relax and get his mind off of the fight.  

After the zoo visit Sean and his team have to go to the arena for the ceremonial weigh in. Upon arrival all the fighters and their teams are separated so that they don't Zee their upcoming opponents. Ibrahim gets called up after his opponent Kiru Kazuma. After stepping off the scale Ibrahim approaches his opponent , Kiru smiles in his face but Ibrahim looks down at his feet until Hare told him they were done. 

Bill Sherman marches up to the stage next and then off the scale. Sherman looks pumped for his fight. Sean walks out without a shirt on and in his shorts. He has chains hanging from his neck and he is carrying a pillow. He steps on the scale and flexes for the fans , Sean is shouting to the fans that he is gonna bring it. He steps off the scale and takes the pillow from his coach.  He marches up to Bill Sherman and gets in his face.  The crowd goes crazy and Hare pulls both men apart. Sean throws the pillow at Bill and says " You're gonna need that tomorrow night , I'm gon knock your ass out or choke you out!! Either way you going to sleep mother@#$%?"

Sean turns around and flexes again for the crowd that is going crazy!!! When Sean steps off stage Suzi Suckerpunch is waiting for him with a cameraman and a microphone in hand. 

Suzi : Sean you just put on a show out there. This is a huge fight with lots of hype and now even more. How do you see this fight going?

Sean : I just told him and everybody else I am putting his ass to rest. R.I.P!! Inworked my ass off to get here Suzi , I train with monsters every day and they make me work!! I want this for me , I want this for my team!! I need to make a statement and I will. 

Suzi : You have four wins via knockout and under nine minutes of cage time. I think you've already made a few statements in Sucker Punch. What happens next if you win this fight? 

Sean : Something big is coming Suzi , I can feel it. I have been working hard , I have been dreaming at night. I feel it Suzi , something big is coming. After I choke out Sherman I am taking a huge leap. I believe that after this one I will face the Hirst or Machado. I deserve a big name and if either of those guys happens to be the Champion when I face them that's even better.  Now if you don't mind I'd like to go spend some money with my boys!!

Sean walks off with his team as his fight looms 24 hours away. 

15942411153564 (1).jpg

• Upvote 3

At the pre fight wiegh in:

7w6.jpg

Bill Sherman extends his hand to Sean Smith in a gesture of sportsmanship, when he is struck in the shoulder by a pillow.. He retracts his hand and leans in, smiling and nodding at Sean's trash talk..

"Sure buddy.. I'll see you in the clinch tomorrow night, and you can tell me all about it!"
Sherman pats his knee and points at Sean, then turns to the crowd and Flexes with a giant slanted grin.

• Upvote 3