Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

5w5.jpg

20200713135711SPBelt_mod_2.png

Nyah Hirst

Things looked pretty dicey tonight, but the Light had my back, and when Wanderson rocked me, it blinded him, which carried me to the decision.

Praised be the Light!

Great turn around. Wasent looking good to start for you and getting rocked by the lazy jab. That said your boy dug deep and got the win. I assume a rematch is next for you.

Great turn around. Wasent looking good to start for you and getting rocked by the lazy jab. That said your boy dug deep and got the win. I assume a rematch is next for you.

I could definitely see an almost immediate rematch between Machado and Hirst if they wanted it. It was a split decision, a fantastic fight and fight of the night in my book. Yes, Machado owned that fight for the first two rounds...and then the thing just turned around...that last round going to Hirst could be argued I'd think, so there's a lot of questions to be answered and cases to be made!

That said, this is the one division that right now at this moment does not have a clear cut next Top Contender established yet for December. And that lends itself even more to a potential rematch if they want it. There is a solid, strong group of contender candidates coming up, but they all need at least one more month here to see how they do in their scheduled fights before they can be crowned ready for a top contender battle. That pack is currently led by Sean Smith. It honestly includes most of the guys you see here, minus Kazuma and Zhao, based upon overall records, skill ratings and recent fight results...It's an exciting division that has a lot of potential, but most of it is 1-2 months away from being established!

f59e5484ca4872556edf2274003516c5.png

• Upvote 1

Nice excel spreadsheet work Hare. I scored the fight for Hirst. That said round 5 could be argued as have gone either way.

Haha, now you've had a glimpse into my mind of madness and how things are rolled over here at Sucker Punch headquarters! LOL! There are actually several columns there not included in the middle that are the breakout of wins/losses/draws/WL Differential and my notes on fighters. This is how I keep track of everything, this is why I usually feel pretty good about the matchups I'm making and on top of the previews/reviews makes me feel like I have a solid handle on where guys are heading and all. This is the way. HAHAHAHA!

• Upvote 1

I was shocked you didn’t get the win Clubber. I’d says 19 times out of 20 you would win that fight.. Titus had a higher Id and more experience that seemed like that was it. You’ll play it back and move back up. The Don might have to double down next time though

Well get em next time I went too much Aggro/Damage but it is what it is experience was the difference but no excuses

• Upvote 1

Yeah, well, I absolutely hate rematches, so I would really like there to be a couple of fights between the next time Hirst fights Machado.

Askeered much? LOL! I kid, that's fine man! haha.

That said, obviously if Machado wins his next fight or two I won't be able to deny him the rematch for long, haha.

• Upvote 1

15942411072275.jpg

@TooFast4U

All this talk about Hirst and Machado and why? Because they fought to a decision? ZzZz BORING!!! I stepped in on three days notice to fight a weight class above mine and still won. Oh and my decision wasn't a split. I landed as many strikes as you two did combined. Oh and fellas did I forget to mention I didn't leave Sydney before getting a new contract at 185? Yeah! So now you two pillow fighters can stop worrying about each other and start worrying about me!! Why worry? Well like my Twitter handle I am just.. TOO FAST 4 U!!

• Upvote 2

15942411072275.jpg

@TooFast4U

All this talk about Hirst and Machado and why? Because they fought to a decision? ZzZz BORING!!! I stepped in on three days notice to fight a weight class above mine and still won. Oh and my decision wasn't a split. I landed as many strikes as you two did combined. Oh and fellas did I forget to mention I didn't leave Sydney before getting a new contract at 185? Yeah! So now you two pillow fighters can stop worrying about each other and start worrying about me!! Why worry? Well like my Twitter handle I am just.. TOO FAST 4 U!!

I think it you vs Sean Smith personal. I’d say both are close if not already contenders.

1605564992SPPS_Poster_24.png

Post Event Cheap Shots

Sucker Punch Pro Series 24

Welcome back folks for another edition of the Post Event Cheap shots! I’m Hare Rumpler along with my partner and analyst Donkey “Dan” and we’re going to be looking over the action from the other night for Sucker Punch Pro Series 24. And Donkey, I’m excited to say that this event was one of our best to date…if not our absolute best…by event rating! It helps that it was over at The Bridge in Sydney, which seats 10,000 of our maniacal Sucker Punch fans, but it also helps that we had some great fights on the card that the fans really got into over there at the arena!

While the biggest fight of the evening was certainly the Middleweight Championship Title Fight between Wanderson Machado and Nyah Hirst, there were also a bunch of other fights that had big consequences for standings, future title shot considerations and overall movement up and down the ladders within their divisions! So, let’s not drag this out…let’s get to the good stuff Donkey!

We’ll hear from our sponsor and merchandise partner real quick first though, as we always have to thank Shadow Warrior Nutrition for what they do for us!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition! Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, THE energy loss reduction supplements! For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%! If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Sorsa Lokki Defeats Jean Jacque Custo via Split Decison

Donkey, this fight basically went EXACTLY as we anticipated it would. I mean, you couldn’t have written the script any better in advance and then watched it play out in the cage as if these two had both been given copies to review in advance!

Custo basically comes into his fights with zero drive to do much of anything. He wants to get to the ground, sure, but after that…yeah, no direction. I have to blame this on his camp and corner. Unless this kid is just given a ton of “see how it goes” and he’s potentially just the dullest on the planet!

We knew that Lokki would be active on the feet and get a few points in here or there, enough to win a decision if it went there. That’s exactly what happened. What’s shocking to me is that the incompetent judges actually awarded the first round to Custo! For what? Lokki got a couple shots in early…and then Custo got it to the ground. Where he proceeded to transition and eventually get to the mount…with which, he did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! He was literally controlling…from mount. Seriously?

This should be telling…

Custo is figuring out what he wants to do next. Custo works his way into full mount! Custo controlling from the full mount.

So somehow, some way, the judges decided he was worthy of winning that round. After that, Lokki clearly did enough that the corrupt jackasses holding the scorecards couldn’t possibly not give the rounds to him.

Donkey, for the entire fight, even though Custo got the fight to the ground four times, he threw one strike and tried one unsuccessful submission. That was IT. Snoozefest!

What do you think Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

This is what I said in the preview: “I believe that Lokki will come out aggressive again and even if this fight does go to the ground, it may not matter. If Custo isn’t more active, Lokki will score enough points throughout to win this one via decision as he has previously.” That’s pretty much all you need to know, because that’s exactly what happened. Custo has used the same approach in pretty much every fight, and it’s a losing approach. His tactics and game plan need to change drastically if he ever wants to win against an opponent who comes in prepared. He’s now 4-2 in MMA, and the two fights he won were decisions. One, against Mrka, was a flat out theft and a HORRENDOUS call by the judges. The other was against an unprepared Jakob Goulding. Congrats to Lokki on knowing just what he had to do to get the win here in this one. For Custo…his days are numbered here if his approach isn’t improved going forward.

Undercard Bout #2: Heavyweights

Gary Porter Defeats Anton Meshkov via TKO (Strikes)

Well Donkey, our second fight of the night and you’re off to a fast start, 2-0 on your calls already! This one wasn’t really that difficult to call truth be told though. Meshkov came into this fight 35% down on his morale, and that was all we really needed to see to know that when it came to his striking on the feet or Porter’s on the ground, well, this fight was going to the ground!

Sure enough, these two came out of the bell, Porter threw a couple strikes to set the tone and give Meshkov something to think about…and then, before we got to even the minute mark, this fight was on the ground! At which point Porter went ahead and initiated operation “beat him like a red-headed stepchild!” It only took eight shots before the ref had seen enough, with Meshkov offering up very little defense, zero offense, and really not looking much like he cared to be in that cage at all.

Well done by Porter!

Over to you Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, I hate to do it…actually, no, I don’t hate it…but here was my call from the preview…and this pretty much nails it: “You already nailed it Hare by saying I would go with Porter over Meshkov in this one, and who wouldn’t with that horrible morale coming in for Meshkov? Nah, he’s going to get taken down…as he won’t have the will to stop it…and then he’s going to get pounded out…and not be interested in taking a ton of abuse before folding due to that lack of focus and drive he’s coming into the fight with…or in this case, without.” Meshkov offered nothing in this fight. No strikes on the feet. No attempts to improve position on the ground. No strikes back. Nothing. He basically came out, got taken down, and layed there till the ref stopped the fight. If he comes in with low morale again next month, he won’t see the New Year with Sucker Punch! And that’s a shame, because Meshkov has a granite chin.

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Devin Hill Defeats Thor Nordquist via TKO (Punches)

Well, make this three in a row for ya there Donkey! And Nordquist made it a bit easier for you by taking the fight where Hill would have the advantage!

We noted that Hill had the better Muay Thai skills going into this, although he tends to utilize his boxing to do the majority of his work. Nordquist would have the boxing advantage, supposedly, but perhaps he respected Hill’s past results a bit too much and decided he was better off going into Hill’s other realm with the clinch…and trying to get the fight to the ground instead. Unfortunately for Nordquist, he couldn’t get it to the ground from the clinch and Hill simply dealt out a bit more abuse in there, especially with the elbows, before Nordquist was dropped on his butt trying to pull guard and it was back to boxing…where Hill was able to finish.

So, what do you say Donkey...?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Hill takes care of business here and moves to 3-2…and more importantly, three wins in a row! We’ll need to get him matched up with some tougher competition next month to see if he’s ready to keep moving up the ladder! For Nordquist, he continues to flounder a bit with four losses in his last five…and a serious question going on about his heart or chin at this point.

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Brennan Brunswick Defeats Ian Justino via Unanimous Decision

Justino wanted this fight on the ground…and despite being the taller fighter, Brunswick, younger and faster, chose the clinch as his approach. Fortunately for Brunswick, Justino was unable to get this fight to the ground, failing twice while boxing and an astounding twelve times from the clinch! Would throwing some strikes in there have helped a bit by giving Brunswick something to think about? We’ll never know, as Justino never threw a single strike this entire fight. That being the case, without being able to get this to the ground the fight was Brunswick’s to be had by decision no matter what.

Brunswick didn’t just sit back on that though and throw a few token strikes each round just to get the points needed with the judges. He was active…hell, more than active, he was flat out hyperactive…in the clinch, throwing forty-two to the head and seventy-eight to the body! He landed a very high percentage of his shots as well. Justino was gassed out from taking the abuse and trying to get the fight to the ground by the end, but to his credit he never fell to a TKO in this one.

Your first swing and a miss on the night for your picks there Donkey! Any thoughts…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Shockingly Justino wasn’t able to get this to the ground, and frankly, we know his ground skills aren’t anything to write home about yet…but he’s had success there before. The fact that he flat out could NOT get it down, even once, is amazing. If he had, this fight may have been a whole different ballgame! Brunswick is now on with us and down at his natural weight class at Middleweight. Justino drops to .500 at 4-4 with this loss, but may have learned a few things he needs to work on in the next month, so there’re some things to take away from it.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Lanuola Sefina Defeats Demon Mask via Unanimous Decision

I’m actually very, very shocked this fight went to a decision. By all rights, Sefina really should have finished this thing given the lack of morale for Mask and his typical approach to not being very actively aggressive. None of that changed in this fight, and about the only surprise we saw was Mask’s very strong ability to fend off Sefina’s ongoing submission attempts. I’m not entirely certainly how that happened, perhaps Masks’ defense down there is just that good, or perhaps Sefina just wasn’t mixing it up well enough to get good opportunities.

But what didn’t change in this fight was Mask’s total lack of offensive energy or drive. He literally threw two strikes the entire fight, one landing on the ground, and tried for one submission. Outside that, he spent most of the fight simply trying to improve position and controlling the action to avoid getting subbed out. Certainly, no way that that plan is going to lead to any sort of victory. Avoiding getting subbed? Sure. But victory, definitely not.

Donkey, what else have you got for us…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Sefina is heading towards potential top contender status and may get it if he can win his next fight which has guaranteed him a shot. But he’s going to want to tighten up that game and figure out why he couldn’t finish a ready to be finished opponent. And hey, if Mask wants to come out there and be a feeder for the other guys who need to get an entry into the division, or need a light warm-up fight, then fine…we’ll use him again next month until he either figures it out and starts coming prepared…or no longer adds any value.

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Titus Fury Defeats Morioka Shigemasa via Submission (Kimura)

Titus Fury more or less took Donkey’s and my words and shoved them right down our throats in about fifty-five seconds! Coming in with low morale, we were all about getting on Fury’s case, claiming that his last two wins were flukes due to unprepared fighters and luck, and that his luck was about to run out. Well…hmm…maybe not? Boy, what does that say about this guy then if he can come in unprepared and still muster the will to win over and over? How good could this guy be with focused training and full energy/morale each time? I’ll tell you how good he could be…he’d probably be a contender for the championship!

And frankly, I might be forced to make him that sooner rather than later regardless of the lack of preparation or the overall skill level estimate! But…good news, I have had some conversation with his manager this weekend and he’s actively seeking feedback now…so perhaps things really do turn around fully for Fury!

Now…that said. Normally I’d condemn Shigemasa here for not being able to take care of an unprepared fighter. But…neither could the two before him. So perhaps it’s not him, perhaps it’s Fury? I don’t know. I still condemn him a bit though, I mean, the matchups we put together are intended to be good, tough matchups for both sides…and giving up a huge advantage like that from one side is supposed to tip those scales a bit. And his ground game appeared to be quite competent enough to hold off Fury. But it wasn’t, not in the slightest. At least not on this night.

Donkey, what are you thinking…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Credit where credit is due…Fury got the win, and got it convincingly. At 10-2, yes, he now has to be considered for a top contender challenge. And likely, due to his skill rating overall, it’s going to look like a very lopsided affair. But…Fury keeps overcoming situations like that, so…perhaps he can do it! Shigemasa won’t be happy to drop to 2-1 rather than being at 3-0. But this may very serve as motivation to hit camp even harder and come back laser focused!

Main Card Bout #2: Featherweights

Luke Skywalker Defeats Ramon Rabbit via Submission (RNC)

We thought that a test with Skywalker on the ground would be a great one to determine just what level of ground game Rabbit could endure. We thought that his wrestling might be competent enough to fend off Skywalker and give him a chance…and if it wasn’t, well, that would speak volumes about the need to address that area of weakness…clearly, he’ll be needing to address it!

Rabbit was able to keep this fight on the feet for the first round, fending off two takedowns from the clinch and one outside it. He did well for himself in both scenarios, not only fending off those attempts but also landing good shots on the feet where he has the advantage and scoring points.

The second round was where things switched over from Rabbit’s advantage to Skywalker’s! Skywalker took a nasty straight right from Rabbit right out of the bell but shook it off and immediately got his first takedown of the fight…the only one he’d need. He started working the submissions, going for a kimura and a pair of arm triangles that he wasn’t able to finish but then worked the transitions to improve position…eventually not just improving position, but moving into mount, and then even worse, gaining Rabbit’s back! From there, the rear naked chokes naturally kicked in and on the third try Skywalker was able to sink it in good and put this thing to an end!

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Clearly, as you said, the strong wrestling just isn’t enough without the Jiu Jitsu or defensive grappling and transition skills to support it for Rabbit. He’s not just been exposed now, it’s glaringly obvious how you defeat him. He will have to address that sooner than later given a division full of grapplers. For Skywalker, we see that his progression to a more well-rounded approach and using his ground skills last month was not a one-time flash in the pan! Indeed, as we suspected, he’s evolving and this is a fun side of him to see! At 4-3-1, the important thing is that he’s won four of his last five with the only non-win being a draw against tough as nails Dino Ebedi. Could Skywalker be up for a run at the title soon??? We’re actually thinking yes, and we’re going to give him another shot to determine who really can win that fight, him or Ebedi! Beat Ebedi…and you’re looking at the next Top Contender for January!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

ZaDarius Haden Defeats Boris Balkan via TKO (Strikes)

I really thought this fight was going to be an all-out battle of beasts! And it was a good fight, but Balkan clearly didn’t appreciate being taken down in this one and forced to fend off an aggressive Haden who as determined to dish out the pain from above on the ground!

Forty-one shots…thirty-two of them landing…will do a number on anybody, no matter how good you may be. And that’s what happened here, with Balkan unable to improve his position from the bottom and Haden eventually working him over and over to the point where no more could be taken. No Mas!

This next fight has huge implications in a division full of huge individuals! The winner of this fight will get the opportunity to fight for the Top Contender spot next month in December. That’s no small thing, obviously, for two warriors who very much both want a shot to get back to the top again and one more chance to go after the king of the division!

Haden had his shot at the king two months ago when he came up short just halfway through the first round when Chontamenti pulled off the fourth submission of his career and second in a row with the belt involved! What makes that probably more disappointing for Haden is that he has considerable skills across the board, including what looks to now be sensational wrestling and a brown belt in Jiu Jitsu! Has he been working on that ground game even more? I’m thinking he has! Hmm…wonder who that could be in preparation for?!?

Before Haden can even dream of going after the Top Contender spot, he has to first deal with Boris Balkan! Balkan took on the champ just last month and also came up short as so many other fighters have against Chontamenti! However, he did manage to take the fight to the third round despite not being able to mount much offense against the champ. No doubt he’d disappointed with the way that fight went and will want to test himself a bit more and adjust his approach. With proficient wrestling and a brown belt as well in Jiu Jitsu, he may decide to test himself on the ground against Haden, but my guess would be that he’ll continue to work on that standup game and try to fine tune it a bit!

Donkey, what can you add…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

We’re being told that Balkan is going to take a little bit of time to train up and address a few key areas, and that’s probably a great idea at this point given his recent slide in a couple of fights. For Haden, he’s proven he’s still right there and deserving of being at the top and ready to take on the champ still, despite falling short in his first bid at the title. Sefina is in line to get the next shot against the winner of Chontamenti/Wall, IF he can get past Shima. Taking that fight is what got him the guaranteed shot in the first place. However, if he falls short, Haden is up for January for a title shot. And even if Sefina wins, we’ll be seeing Haden next after that most likely.

Co-Main Event

Welterweight Bout

Ronnie Bass Defeats Samuel Sanchez via KO (Punch)

Our Co-Main Event of the night gave us a focused Ronnie Bass with murder in his eyes after his loss last month which saw his belt walk away during the first defense of the championship. And that focus resulted in a line above that should have stated “via KO of the Night Punch”!

Bass has only one loss so far in his career and it was that title defense. He’s a KO artist who holds the most knockouts in the division’s history here at Sucker Punch and may eventually be on his path to SPPS Hall of Fame status if he can get back what he feels is rightfully his…that belt! With this win, he’s certainly making the case that he’s nothing less than a champ and is ready to show it.

The Welterweight division is one that’s full of top level contenders right now though and we’re going to have some work to do to sort out the likes of Marka, Christiano, Fuhren, Crow, Wagner, Hodkiewicz and even Mandinos, Driver and a couple others! Yes, it’s that insane! But…over the next 2-3 months, we’re going to see who steps up and who falls off. For now, we know that the next defense of the title…which has again changed hands and sits with Vovchanchyn now…will feature the winner of the Marka/Christiano fight as the challenger. After that…well, let’s let the end of November and early December fights help figure that out!

Back to this fight though! Sanchez may have suffered the KO of the Night…on the wrong end of it…but damn, was this boy one tough customer up to that point! He’d taken a ton of abuse and kept bouncing back, albeit being outworked and failing to find his rhythm offensively against Bass. Eventually, this KO partially came due to simply getting gassed, as one man can only take so much abuse…especially in the clinch with the likes of Bass as he dishes out head and body shots up close!

Donkey, whatcha got for us…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Well, going back to my routine from earlier this eveing, I’m just going to reiterate what I said in the preview! Because it as spot on and wow…yep, this was a fight not to miss!... “Yeah, I have a call…I call for PAIN! These two aren’t shy…and this is going to be a slugfest! And I definitely predict one is going to be waking up with smelling salts! I’m going with the former champ here, but this is anybody’s call! It’s definitely another can’t miss fight though, as the Co-Main Event should be!

Main Event

Middleweight Championship

Wanderson Machado (8-0-0) v Nyah Hirst (5-0-0)

Our MAIN EVENT Donkey! Boy, did this one turn out to be a stunner or what?!? We got to see a heck of a battle here between challenger Nyah Hirst and the champion, Wanderson Machado! I know I really talked up this fight in the preview…so without further ado, why don’t we take a look back at the intro from our very own beloved Juice Fluffer and go from there…

3d8a168f5f8ff8e520307ef15bdabf4c.png

Juice Fluffer enters the cage…

“Ladies and gentlemen…this is the Maaaain Event of the evening!”

“The judges for this bout are Hugh Johnson, Skip Squint and Ben Watson.”

“Our sponsor for this event is Shadow Warrior Nutrition.”

“Annnnnnnd Now! For those in attendance and Sucker Punch fans around the world…this is the moment you’ve all been waiting for!”

“LIVE!, from THE Bridge in Sydney, Australia…”

“Iiiiit’s TIIIIIIIME! Five rounds for the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Championship of the World!”

“Introducing first…fighting out of the blue corner. With professional record of FIVE wins, NO losses and NO draws, he stands 185 centimeters tall, and walks at 185 pounds. He’s twenty years of age, hailing from Tokyo, Japan, fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada, United States…the Middleweight TOP CONTENDER and CHALLENGER, Nyah…”Lighhhhtseeeeekerrrr”…HIRRRRRRST!!!

“And nowwwww…FIGHTING…out of the red corner. Holding a professional record of EIGHT wins, NO losses and NO draws, he stands 175 centimeters tall, normally weighing 187 pounds and 22 years of age, hailing from Boavista, Brazil and fighting out of London, England…The Winner of the Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Cockshot Sorter Series…AND THE REIGNING….DEFENDING…UNDEFEATED…UNNNNNNDISPUTED Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Champion of the World, “Wannnnnnnndersonnn…MAAAAACHAAAAAADOOOOO!!!

And we were off and going Donkey!!! The big one that everybody had been waiting for all week, hell, probably all month! These two stood and went at it man! All that speculation I had about whether Machado might have been throwing a smokescreen and might take it to the ground…yeah, no, this one was staying on the feet! Machado worked this one well for the first round, boxing his way to a lead with the judges and you’d think possibly putting Hirst into the “worry seat” about whether he could pull off the upset here as he chased his dreams.

The second round included a bit of clinching from Machado as well, where he worked things well but found that Hirst was giving it almost as good as he was getting it. The second round went to Machado as well, clearly sending a worrisome signal to Hirst’s corner.

The third saw Machado approach it much like the second, with some eventual clinching as well, but Hirst started to find his stride with the counters and was able to hold his own in the clinch again, this time managing to sneak the round away and bring the score back to 2-1 with the judges.

The fourth round saw the momentum starting to slide to Hirst…with the leg and body kicks starting to take their toll on Machado, slowing him down just a tad and giving Hirst more opportunities to counter or just flat out strike effectively.

On came the fifth and final round in this Championship fight and they went back at it, toe to toe boxing again for two minutes before Machado took a cut on a head kick from Hirst! Machado was able to bounce back with a vicious shot of his own a few moments later, with Hirst bookending that shot with a couple counters before and after. Hirst started to get a little more gutsy, throwing up some dangerous head kicks that left him open and just after three minutes in the final round Machado was able to counter on one for a nice stiff right and then a lazy left that left Hirst rocked…

A head kick by Hirst misses and Machado counters with a stiff right hand.

A lazy left from Machado finds its target. Hirst is rocked!

And honestly Donkey, I think everybody in the arena thought that that was going to be it! Given the history for Machado, he’s not one to let an opportunity like that pass by without finishing…but Hirst…amazingly, was able to hang in there and recover after being on wobbly legs for at least a full half minute! Wow!

Hirst was continuing to hammer on that front leg of Machado with the kicks, and it may have been what saved him in this one given he’d slowed down Machado enough that one could argue it’s the only thing that kept Machado from being able to seize the moment. Instead, they managed to get to the end of the round without a finish, only the second fight to do that for Machado!

And in came Juice Fluffer to make the call here…

“Ladies and gentlemen, after five rounds we go to the judges for a decision…”

“Judge Hugh Johnson scores the fight 47:48 in favor of the challenger, Nyah Hirst…

Judge Skip Squint scores the fight 48:47 in favor of the defending champion, Wanderson Machado…

And Judge Ben Watson scorew the fight, 46:49…”

“Declaring the winner…by way of a SPLIT DECISION…ANNNNNNDDDD NEWWWWW…Sucker Punch Pro Series…Middleweight Champion of the World… Nyah…”Lighhhhtseeeeekerrrr”…HIRRRRRRST!!!

There it is Donkey! Can you believe that Hirst has toppled the giant?!? Many would call this the unthinkable!

Well Donkey…?

Donkey’s Takeaways:

Congratulations to Hirst! Even hanging in there and putting this in the hands of the judges for a very, very…did I say VERY?...close call is an amazing accomplishment against the talent of Wanderson Machado! Now…I know there was some talk of this in the forums, heck, I think you mentioned it too Hare…there are going to be a lot of arguments about that final round though. I mean, Machado rocked Hirst…and yet, Hirst gets the round? Hmmm…some will say the points got it for him in that round, others are going to say that there’s no way, that that was Machado’s round, and Machado’s defense! One thing is clear, congrats to Hirst, Machado is still a beast…and I have a feeling we’re going to be seeing these two again soon!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Amazing night of fights with an event rating that was either our best ever or very darn close! This was a fun one over at The Bridge in Sydney and can’t wait to get back at it again with all our Sucker Punch fans this coming Wednesday!

Till then…don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 7

I think it you vs Sean Smith personal. I’d say both are close if not already contenders.

@TheSavageManager

Lucky for me Brennan and Sean are both clients of mine and teammates to one another. Throw in Ibrahim and you have three dominaters in 1 division. Brennan will eventually move up to 205 as he is currently on the weight gain. For now though the Savage Krew will attempt to take over the SPPS Middleweight division.

• Upvote 1