Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

1 minute ago, scottxbandz said:

Luka Marka called me from his ice bath as he was relaxing today to tell me he's looking very forward to a chance to avenge a loss. He says he doesn't believe it to be an easy matchup and he will be working tirelessly after he is finished recovering to be in prime shape for the next fight..

Marka is gonna lose, Marka is lazy and it shows in his fights.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1631922532SPPS_Poster_85.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 85

Welcome back Sucker Punch fans!  Hare Rumpler here along with my buddy and analyst, Donkey “Dan”!  We’re about to bring you another fun one here in Sydney tonight and just to get things going for the weekend right I have a little surprise for everybody!  Just to spice things up, I’ve decided on a whim to make this our first Pay Per View event this evening!  No pressure on the Main Events or anything…you know…we’ll just be broke and out of business if they don’t put on a great show, that’s all.  HAHAHA!  I kid, we’ll be just fine!

But how cool is it that Jarna Kuiva and Sirus Hall, two stellar Middleweights, get to Co-Main Event the first PPV and Eemeli Lampi defends his Light Heavyweight title for the first time not only under the bright lights of Schooners Bar and its 7,000 seats, but…also in front of the entire world!  I know that many of our fans enjoy the free “pirated” streams we allow to get out there to the world, but this is the official one folks and you can expect all the bells and whistles!  And when I say all the bells and whistles, I mean it Donkey!  The best commentators that money can buy along with not one, not two, not nine…but TEN cameras that will bring every inch of action to our fans for a cool hour of PPV tonight!  That should be at least the top three or four fights on the night plus quite a bit of footage and action leading up to that! 

Yes, I’m stoked!  And I can’t wait any longer…let’s get a quick word in about our merchandise partner and sponsor here before we hurry over and take a peek at each fight coming up tonight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Shadow Warrior Nutrition will be on hand at the event tonight and I cannot say enough about how much we appreciate having them as our merchandise partner and sponsor here at Sucker Punch!  Do yourself a favor…better yet, do your fighters who you spend so much time developing and preparing a favor…and stop by the stand tonight or visit their store to grab some of their Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q.  It is literally the best energy loss reduction supplement money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Middleweights

Souppe vs. Rodionovich II

Bruno Souppe (2-6-0) v Alexei Rodionovich (7-10-0)

We’ll warm up the fans in attendance tonight with a little bit of Middleweight action as both Bruno Souppe and Alexei Rodionovich get into the freshly spritzed up cage.  Both will have their eye on a ‘W’ as Rodionovich comes off a three fight losing streak and Souppe dropped his last fight to Jarna Kuiva via decision after he’d won two in a row finally, the first two wins of his career.  Both fighters look fit and ready to go, gas tanks full and morale on high so I’d say that they are both definitely hungry for that win!

Rodionovich will stand and strike/kickbox if he needs to but typically he prefers to get in close with the clinch where he can use the nasty stuff, meaning knees and elbows!  Especially knees.  That can be some tough sledding at times as many guys in MMAT tend to come with a defensive focus on Muay Thai and the clinch and specializing in knees and elbows can take away from more generically used skills from other areas.  But, if you’re really good at it, it can work wonders.  So far, Rodionovich is still working on showing that he can be “really good at it” and just needs a few things to click to get it right perhaps!

Souppe has made it his goal in the past to get the fight to the ground.  But once there, he seemed to lack direction on just how to proceed and get things done.  Things started to come together for him in June and July as he finally put all the pieces in place and nailed two submission victories in a row.  Then Kuiva came in and frustrated him for an entire nine minutes of action and left with a decision victory over Souppe.  With Rodionovich likely to take things to the clinch, will it make the job of taking this thing to the ground easier for Souppe tonight?  And if he gets there, can he prove he has the superior ground skills?

Donkey’s Pick: Rodionovich via Unanimous Decision

The first time these guys met Rodionovich stole the fight via the judges’ scorecards.  I’d say that my guess is he might pull that off again unless Souppe’s ground game has improved significantly.

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada (7-3-0) v Kahdi Mandinos (8-10-0)

Tonight’s Welterweight battle between Mandinos and Hamada is a story about two guys heading in opposite directions.  Mandinos comes in on one of the worse losing streaks of all time here at Sucker Punch with six in a row.  Even Fuller and Marchionni, who were victims of Mandinos’ earlier in his career, have struck back to avenge those losses.  Hamada on the other hand changed management teams two fights ago and while his first fight against Justin Kulina was a bit of a rough start for Hamada and team Tirado, they got it right against DJ Costune last month. 

But that’s the funny thing about momentum and direction…it can continue to roll along as is…or it can turn in a moment with one win or loss!  Hamada will be hoping for the former this evening while Mandinos will be hoping to upset the status quo and flip the script on its head!

Mandinos is the better wrestler this evening while Hamada definitely has the advantage in both areas of standup.  Expect your classic striker vs. grappler battle this evening as these two square off!

Donkey’s Pick: Hamada via Unanimous Decision

It’s just very difficult for me to go against the trend on this one.  Six losses in a row is devastating to one’s confidence and until Mandinos can snag a win it’s hard to think he’ll walk into the cage in the right headspace.  He’s going to need a few bits of luck to swing his way and then if he can grab a win things maybe get rolling again!

Undercard Bout #3: Welterweights

Hadr Bari (10-2-1) v Young Prodigy (4-4-0)

Halfway through the Undercard we’ll get a fantastic contest between two fighters that I think a lot of folks may unduly overlook!  Prodigy is young and may look to have a .500 record going but two of those losses were before he joined SPPS.  Since then, he’s 4-2.  Granted, two of those losses were in his last three fights, both to Sanchez, but they were stretch fights to test his skills at his age following three victories in a row.  He’ll have the Jiu Jitsu advantage tonight and I expect we’ll see him try to work the ground and submission game early and often. 

Bari is the better Muay Thai artist here this evening but despite his success that’s about his only advantage here.  He was 4-1 over his last five fights with Gamma Contenders before joining us at Sucker Punch as he makes his debut this evening.  Make no mistake about it, this is a man who knows how to finish fights as all but one win on his career has come via TKO or KO!  He doesn’t throw a ton of strikes, but what he does unleash he unleashes with maximum effort…and usually aimed right at his opponent’s noggin!

Again, expect a grappler/submission artist vs. striker matchup here!

Donkey’s Pick: Bari via TKO (Strikes)

Prodigy may just be in a little over his head on this one unless his ground game and such is in great order…along with his striking defense so he doesn’t get his block knocked off before he can get it to the ground!  That said, Bari has power and has the tools to end this one fast.  Prodigy may need to step back if he loses, but if not, damn, the boy will be impressing a LOT of fans and Sucker Punch management alike!

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Herleifr Conchobhar (11-5-1) v Andre Powell (8-6-0)

Two of the big boys go at it here and it should tell you something about how quickly this card is picking up that we’re not out of the Undercard yet…heck, we still have one more fight after this to go…and yet we’re dealing with guys well into the positive for records!  Woot! 

These two are just about as evenly matched as you can get right across the board!  I guess Conchobhar technically might have the smallest of edges in boxing, but it’s almost forgettable.  Don’t tell him that of course!  Both are also fully prepped for this fight, so don’t expect a cake walk for either kid this evening.   Which of course, means this thing is going to end early and devastatingly just so one of these two can prove me wrong!  And I’d love it!

Powell has been back and forth of late with wins and losses alternating, usually living or dying by the TKO or KO!  His last fight against Teixeira was a loss and he’d like nothing more than to turn it right back around here tonight.

Conchobhar had won four out of five until he and Hill pushed each other to a draw last month.  Conchobhar also tends to dish out the TKO and KO’s so there is a good chance that one of these two does indeed prove me wrong tonight!  Could we have a ‘Fight of the Night’ or ‘KO of the Night’ on our hands here?  God I hope so!

Donkey’s Pick: Conchobhar via TKO (Strikes)

I have no idea who to pick here.  Both kids are prepped, so I can’t use that old way of getting out of really making a pick.  So I’ll go with the fact that Powell has had a little more inconsistency of late and has fallen to TKO’s, so perhaps Conchobhar gets to him this evening.

Undercard Bout #5: Welterweights

Ramon Rabbit (11-9-0) v Samuel Sanchez (9-5-0)

As we finish up the Undercard you have two Welterweights with differing styles preparing to face off!  Rabbit surprisingly comes into this one slightly off on energy and that’s a bit surprising for him.  It may hurt him potentially if this thing goes past the first round.  And given his past five fights all but the last went three rounds for decision so it’s not looking positive there for him.  Which is a shame as he was on a roll and had defeated solid contenders such as Cobain, Dominguez as well as my own Revorg, who may not be a contender but is a solid fighter especially for his age.

Rabbit usually brings a solid kickboxing attack into the cage despite having a very high combination of Muay Thai and wrestling.  Despite that, he doesn’t tend to clinch up much.  Sanchez will be aware of that and looking to get this fight off the feet and on to the ground asap so he can take advantage of his brutal ground and pound attack! 

Sanchez has been back and forth over his past five fights, bouncing between wins and losses with his most recent two wins coming over Prodigy with only a loss to Curtis in between.  If he could string a couple more wins together he could propel himself right up the ranks and be in a contender position.  Rabbit is the type of opponent he needs to get past in order to prove he can hang with the top of the division.

Donkey’s Pick: Sanchez via TKO (Strikes)

Everything in my being tells me to take Rabbit on this one as his one loss seemed a bit off and he’d fought with some big strikers and come out ahead.  But I also have a tingling telling me that maybe Sanchez’ ground game is the kryptonite that gets to Rabbit?  Fuller defeated Rabbit with a combination of striking on the feet and ground game striking.  Queen did exactly what Sanchez may try tonight.  Granted, that was quite a ways back and fighters change and develop, so we’ll see tonight!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Queen vs. Matsuzaka II

Ceedee Queen (6-5-0) v Keisuke Matsuzaka (13-5-1)

Donkey just mentioned Queen during his pick in the last fight so it’s convenient that as we move into the Main Card he’s one of the two guys we’ll be taking a look at!  As Donkey said, Queen has a nasty ground and pound game and tonight he’ll have the wrestling and Jiu Jitsu advantage.  Expect him to try to abuse Matsuzaka on the ground here.  He’s been on a bit of a losing streak of late with three dropped in a row so a win tonight would really help stop the bleeding!

Matsuzaka definitely will not be interested in helping Queen’s quest for the top along this evening.  Indeed, if anything, Matsuzaka should be more hungry than most given he just fell short in a title shot against Juan Christiano last month.  That was the third title opportunity of his career with the first two coming while he was at BFC, the first of which ended in a Draw to Conor Butcher followed by a repeat the next month where he lost via decision to Butcher.  Prior to his title fight here against Christiano he’d run up a 4-1 record since joining us at Sucker Punch.  Quite impressive with wins over quality opponents like Crow, Perkele, Fuhren and Mister Lee! 

Donkey’s Pick: Matsuzaka via Split Decision

This is the second meeting of Queen and Matsuzaka, as Matsu’s first loss in between those four wins I mentioned here at SPPS was against Queen!  Queen bested Matsuzaka in that one as Matsu didn’t have an answer for Queen’s striking on that night, but since Queen has been frustrated with loss after loss to the tune of three in a row.  Perhaps Matsuzaka evens the series at one a piece?

Main Card Bout #2:  Welterweights

Fuller vs. Barbosa III

John Fuller (10-6-0) v Baldomir Barbosa (10-6-0)

Our fifth, third in a row, and last Welterweight fight of the night this evening will have Fuller and Barbosa enter the ring once again for the third time in their careers.  Now, I suppose that means that if Barbosa wins…as he has both prior meetings…then this thing is over and settled forever.  However, if Fuller wins, we’ll question whether Barbosa has fallen off or Fuller has just found the on switch to rejuvenate a career. Which wouldn’t be surprising as he’s now won three of his last four!

Fuller is the better ground fighter here tonight with superior Jiu Jitsu.  Barbosa will have the edge in Muay Thai and perhaps even a slight bit of an edge in wrestling also.  Barbosa has been known to use the clinch if he sees the advantage, as he did against Queen in July, so don’t be surprised if he sees that advantage again tonight and tries to capitalize!

Fuller will work solid boxing while also looking for opportunities to work the fight to the mat when possible.  Once there, he’s all for the ground and pound game but won’t turn down a submission attempt if the opportunity arises!

Donkey’s Pick: Barbosa via TKO (Strikes)

I just think by this point in the night we might be due for some big time finish action and the fans will be clamoring.  Barbosa has the power to make that happen.  Fuller will do well to avoid those hands and maybe even avoid the clinch entirely as well if he enjoys his health!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Yip Man Iii v Pablo Itzpapalotltotec (13-3-0)

Our last fight of the Main Card before the Main Events will pit Yip Man lii against Pablo Itzpapalotltotec (say that three times fast!) in a Lightweight battle between two of the Top 10 in the division!  Itzpa’s ranking at #10 is precarious at best given he has one fight at Sucker Punch and it was a loss.  But outside that it’s based upon his history and record coming in as well as overall skill.  But, to stay in the Top 10 he’s going to have to prove it or lose it, literally tonight!

Man lii was on a hell of a run with nine wins in a row, including five of them here at Sucker Punch, until he ran into Guy River in a title fight last month.  Guy turned off the lights early in the second round and you have to figure that loss has been on Man lii’s mind ever since, driving his training every day!  Man lii is a kickboxer who will take advantage of the clinch as well if given the chance.  He holds the advantage in Muay Thai tonight, so there’s a good chance we’ll see exactly that as we did against St. Clair three fights back in June.

Pablo’s advantage tonight is the combination of his wonderful wrestling and black belt in Jiu Jitsu.  Despite having such strong ground skills, at least on paper, one might not be mistaken to think they’re mostly defensive.  He does have one submission to his name, but it was from quite a while back.  Instead, he mostly uses pure boxing with single and combo shots to the head and body.  The feet don’t get involved much.  Does he maybe flip the switch tonight and go back to the ground against lii?

Donkey’s Pick: Man lii via Unanimous Decision

Man lii has gone against some really good fighters and come out on top.  Pablo has done the same, but when he does lose it’s via decision.  J W Hardman may try to have Man lii aim for just that tonight over Itzpapalotltotec…damn that’s hard to say!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Bout

Jarna Kuiva (17-7-0) v Sirus Hall (11-7-0)

Not gonna lie folks…this is our first Co-Main Event of a PPV this evening…our first one EVER…and I was hoping for a great fight between these two.  Instead, I’m actually really disappointed and a bit annoyed that I find we have two guys both down about 40% on morale!  And off a little bit on energy also.  If I’d been told this by my staff sooner, I’d have actually considered swapping them out of the spot and giving it to Man lii and Itchy up there the fight before this!

That said, despite the focus and morale issues for both fighters, this should be a really solid, competitive fight with Kuiva having the boxing and wrestling advantages while Hall has the Muay Thai edge. 

Hall was on the dream fun for a bit here following his debut loss at Sucker Punch against Joseph DeAngelo.  He went on a five fight winning streak and looked to have left the memory of that loss far behind!  So…what did I do?  Of course, I pitted him back against the same guy to see if he’d progressed and developed and could turn it over the second time.  That wasn’t mean to be, as DeAngelo ended it again, this time via KO rather than TKO in just the second round.

Kuiva defeated DeAngelo a couple months back in June in his Sucker Punch debut.  After he downed Souppe last month it was clear he needed a step up or at least back to DeAngelo’s level.  So why not see if Hall’s issue is just with DeAngelo or not!  Can he defeat the guy who defeated him?  Is that like an enemy of my enemy is my…er, enemy…thing?  I’m lost here.

Kuiva is a boxer straight up.  He’ll clinch some but he’s not that active once in there up close and personal.  Hall also enjoys throwing some hands so expect these two to stand and bang tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Kuiva via TKO (Strikes)

I think that Kuiva has the history of being the slightly more aggressive fighter and perhaps that pays off tonight.   However, with both having some morale issues going in this fight could go sideways if one guy is affected more heavily than the other!

Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Lampi vs. Fury II

Eemeli Lampi (9-3-0) v John Fury (9-2-0)

Not only is this a Title Fight for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Light Heavyweight belt…not only is this the Main Event tonight…but this is also a rematch!  Granted, last time there wasn’t hardware on the line…so that makes this even more exciting!

Fury, under elite manager Mac Little upon his return, has run off two wins over the past two months since changing management teams.  Kenneth Powers got fed up with him and cut ties after his loss to Eemeli Lampi, perhaps feeling that that defeat as well as the prior loss to Jacob Parker several months before was a sign of a weakness against elite striking.  Little doesn’t see it that way and has allowed Fury to prove to both Dolph Lindgren and Wieczorek that his striking is top notch as well, TKO’ing both fighters leading up to this title fight opportunity.

Lampi has proven that he’ll play any game you like…so long as it’s on the feet. He’s nasty in the clinch.  He’s nasty out of it!  He came into Sucker Punch in December last year and immediately tacked three straight wins onto the two he came in with.  Then he earned a title shot against John Doe but fell short…losing via decision.  A follow-up fight with top division fighter Jacob Parker set him back a bit more (but, consequently, that happened to be the second step in Parker’s rise to the title again…so that loss was nothing to be ashamed of!).   Lampi stayed focused though and managed to get himself back into the elite contenders with wins over Fury and Kuznetsov.  That earned him a shot back at the title, held by Parker by then, and he exacted some revenge on Parker by swiping the belt and evening their series, albeit with the win that really mattered!

Tonight, Fury comes into the cage and will wait for the man with the hardware to arrive.  For Fury, this is not only for the gold and the glory, but also for some revenge for the loss in June that Lampi tossed his way, a TKO midway through the first round. 

Donkey’s Pick:  Lampi via TKO (Strikes)

These two are both strikers with Lampi potentially being the more versatile with a clinch game shown in the past.  Funny though, exactly the same scenario that Lampi was in last month, when he won the title against somebody he’s lost to previously, is what Fury is in this month!  Hmmm…does history repeat with Fury? His manager would love that.  And honestly, take your pick here folks…but somebody’s getting knocked the hell out!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Get on down to Schooners tonight folks and join the party!  The tailgating’s already going and Sydney is ready to have us make some noise!  It’s time to do this folks.  SPPS 85, TONIGHT!!!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 4

15805953441717.jpg

John Fury: I dominated in the clinch, dominated at range. He tried taking it to the ground and I would have loved to dominate there too. I don't fear punches, I don't fear my opponents. But there is that lady with the sharp pen and all I could think of inside that cage was her coming after my ass with it. That thing hurts worse than a low blow. So I had to skip over the ground game and finish things up with a few good old punches to the face.

Thanks to my new manager for believing in me and making this possible. 3 in a row straight to the title! And thanks to the Sucker punch staff I guess for the eeh.. unorthodox ways you motivate your fighters, that shit works.

• Upvote 2

1631990717SPPS_Poster_86.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 86

Hello again Sucker Punch fans!  As usual, I’m Hare Rumpler here along with my buddy and analyst, Donkey “Dan”!  I hope you’re all ready for some fantastic mid-week action because we have a stacked lineup for SPPS 86 tonight over at Schooners Bar in Sydney!  No title fights on the line, but plenty of serious action that will create ripple effects for months.  And, on top of all that, we’re going to be having our second PPV event this evening.  Not full blown three hour long special, but we’ll once again get one hour of the best action the card has to offer up there for fans worldwide along with all the amazing commentators and production quality we can muster to make it something special! 

Our prior PPV event at SPPS 85 resulted in our highest rated event to date at just over a 270 point rating.  Now, we won’t make any cash after this one either tonight, but it’s an investment into the future as we slowly build the org’s event ratings up and they start to build upon one another.  We expect tonight’s event to skyrocket well past a 300+ rating!

Tonight the action comes at you from just about every weight class aside from Lightweight which won’t be represented this evening.  The Undercard will swing from one end of the spectrum with two Heavyweight bouts to the other with two Featherweight bouts all in the first five fights this evening.  Falling right in the middle, both by weight class and due to its placement as the third fight of the evening will be the Welterweight battle between Maximus  Jr and Pete Dunham.

The Main Card will really bring a full court press at you with quality action as we open things up with Barnes and Daly going at it in the Light Heavyweight division.  Two more Heavyweight battles follow and then our Main Events will have elite level Middleweights John Doe and Landon McGuire both looking for a win that could put them just a step or two away from getting back into the title picture!  Our final fight of the night will see stellar Welterweights Red Crow and Leroy Jinx facing off as they each try to stake their claim to a Top Contender battle and potential title shot on the line after this.

So with all that said, let’s get a quick word in about our merchandise partner and sponsor here before we hurry over and take a peek at each fight coming up tonight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Heavyweights

Patrick Murphy (9-5-0) v Bloodsport Unknown (5-8-0)

Well Donkey, I’ve already been told that tonight’s battle with Bloodsport Unknown will be Patrick Murphy’s last hurrah in the cage!  Kelly McGrady’s kid has been with us a long time since he arrived after his stays with Florida Fight Squad and BFC.  He’s had two title shots in his career, so the man can definitely say he’s flirted with greatness along the way in his professional MMA career.  But McGrady has assured me that while she’s definitely attached to this fine man who has been a part of her stable since he was sixteen years old, it’s time for him to hang them up and likely go on to coaching instead. 

With three losses over his last four fights Murphy has never quite bounced back from the title opportunity against Thoth Chontamenti back in May where he fell via rear naked choke.  When Murphy is one he tends to work a solid points grabbing game with technically sound wrestling and a good ground and pound attack.  Most fights make it to a decision if he’s going to win it as he did against Rock Silva two fights back.  He’ll have the advantage in boxing, wrestling and Muay Thai tonight so we’ll see if he sticks to the same or mixes it up in his last dance!

Bloodsport has historically been true to his name and especially seems to prefer the nasty stuff in the clinch.  His knees are especially dangerous and he loves to use them. Unfortunately for him, it’s not always his opponent doing the bleeding as he’s had fights stopped at least twice previously due to cuts on his own end.  Tonight he steps into the cage in his Sucker Punch debut under new management with team Blink.  Given he has the Muay Thai advantage I’d suspect we’re going to see some modification of attack but that it may still come in the clinch this evening!

Donkey’s Pick: Murphy via Unanimous Decision

When I have trouble deciding between two fighters as I’m struggling with here I tend to look for the little things that might come into play.  One little thing I always point out with a fighter and new management is the possibility that it may take a fight or two for them to fully get on the same page.  That may be the case here this evening and could be the differentiator in Murphy’s favor.

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Yellow Belt Casey (7-8-0) v Apophis Kalmisto (2-2-0)

Our second battle will bring Kalmisto’s wrestling and Muay Thai skills tested against Casey’s Jiu Jitsu talents.  Kalmisto is well balanced across the board and has gone 2-0 since making his Sucker Punch debut with wins over Kongsangchai and Villarreal.  Casey struggled for a while during the period from February through May with four straight losses but then turned things around with two straight victories over Kongsangchai and…Villarreal, both avenging wins against former losses.  Hmm…now, why would I make this fight happen, eh?  Haha! 

Casey’s standup has improved over time and while he still tends to focus on winning via submission when possible he’s proven he can also score points on the feet with good, accurate striking.

Kalmisto bounces in and out of the clinch, keeping his opponents off-guard and taking advantage of skills in both areas.  Expect him to potentially focus a bit more on the clinch tonight while trying to also prevent the fight from being dragged to the ground where Casey might be able to take advantage.

Donkey’s Pick: Kalmisto via Unanimous Decision

Not much to go on to differentiate these two for this contest but I like Kalmisto’s varied approach and attack on the feet.  However, we’re going to learn really fast if he’s competent enough on the ground to fend off a good submission game!

Undercard Bout #3: Welterweights

Marcus Megnus Maximus Jr Maximus Jr (9-8-0) v Pete Dunham (2-5-0)

Halfway through the Undercard and we get what SHOULD turn into a grappler vs. striker contest this evening. I say should…but there’s every bit as good a chance that Maximus Jr decides to stand and strike rather than take advantage of his superior skills in wrestling and Jiu Jitsu.  Specifically, his ground and pound skills!

Dunham is technically the better striker in this contest but hasn’t been able to translate his striking into wins over his past three fights, including his two most recent since joining us at Sucker Punch.  He has, however, managed to lose in a variety of ways including submission, TKO and most recently unanimous decision.  He will definitely be hoping to turn the tide this evening.

Both fighters are fully prepared to enter the cage in the best shape possible tonight both physically and mentally.  Who wants it more?!?

Donkey’s Pick: Maximus Jr via TKO (Strikes)

Dunham is just struggling to find his way in full MMA since making the switch from kickboxing.  While he may be able to turn things around this evening if he can keep the fight on the feet it’s going to be imperative that he do just that.  As well as impose his will while there.  Otherwise, Maximus will get this to the ground and likely be able to control the action.

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Anton Meshkov (7-6-0) v Jeppe Bjoergen (6-9-0)

Ok Donkey, time to bring on a couple more of the Heavyweights!  We have a bunch of them ready to go tonight and this is our second pairing on the evening.  I wish I could say that these two were just as prepared as the prior duo but unfortunately Meshkov comes into this fight with his morale about 35-40% off. And I know what that means when it comes to your pick Donkey!

Meshkov will have the boxing advantage while the other areas of focus go to Bjoergen.  No doubt Bjoergen is hoping that those advantages will pay off for him tonight so he can change his fortunes up and snag a win here.  He’s lost three of his last four with two L’s in a row to Persson and Bobo Brazil.  He seems especially susceptible to cuts as he’s lost three on his career due to doctor stoppages.  His last win, three fights back, over Ryker came quickly in the first due to his nasty strikes to the head and body in the clinch.  Will he slip back to those tactics tonight while trying to keep this fight up close and out of Meshkov’s preferred boxing range?

Meshkov comes into this one needing a change of direction as well as he’s lost his last two fights in a row to Ashwin Tyson and then most recently Beardsley. When he loses it’s often via TKO or KO.  At the same time, he loves to win via the same.  It’s an all or nothing sort of approach for Meshkov! 

Donkey’s Pick: Bjoergen via TKO (Strikes)

Everything in my gut is telling me that I should be picking Meshkov this evening.  Especially given his striking history and likelihood he can get to Bjoergen’s tendency to bleed and possibly get the stoppage via TKO or cuts.  But…that morale.  I just can’t. You come in that low with morale, sure, you can still win but I’m not going to be giving you the nod as more often than not you won’t.

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Count Dankula (6-2-0) v Carlos Villarreal (11-10-0)

Our last fight of the Undercard and we’re not going to spend much time here.  Why? Because both fighters are coming in unprepared to some degree.  Villarreal a much larger degree than Dankula.  And you know how I feel about unprepared fighters!  Two of them in the same fight just makes me lose it a bit. 

Villarreal only has about 10% morale.  That, combined with his 20% or so shortness of energy pretty much guarantees him the loss here unless he happens to land a lucky shot early. That’s unlikely.  His management team has not done him any favors here since taking over.

On the other side of the cage, Dankula also comes in off some, with his morale down about 20%.  That’s surprising as I really did think that Team Ogan was going to be focused on trying to restore this guy to his former glory.  This is not the way it’s done.  Change those clothes people!  He’ll likely win via TKO due to Villarreal’s disappointing condition…and end his two fight losing streak in the process…but damn, again, this is not the way to do it right and neither fighter deserves the win here.

Donkey’s Pick: Dankula via TKO (Strikes)

Everything that Hare just said.  I’m not going to repeat or go into it any further than that.

Main Card Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Abraham Barnes (6-7-0) v Roger Daly (3-1-1)

Alright, Main Card time Donkey!  Now, normally I’d be all excited because this is usually where the best fights lie and folks come prepared as they want to be the elite in their division.  That’s not the case here, at least not for one side of the cage. Daly is ready for the most part, maybe slightly off on energy but not bad. 

Barnes however, is very, very disappointing this evening.  Especially given that he had seemed to turn things around and was on a two fight winning streak heading into this evening’s event.  However, he still hasn’t changed his clothes in all this time and his morale is down about 35-40%.  Not good.  Barnes has used solid, hard hitting enthusiasm to win his past two fights.  But without his focus being fully on the fight tonight he’s likely at a disadvantage.

Daly tends to focus a bit on both sides of things, striking with solid boxing skills while also not being afraid to put it on the ground to work the GnP as well as go for a submission now and then if opportunity knocks.  He fought Bard to a draw last month in his Sucker Punch debut and if you look back three fights you can see that he’s willing to work his boxing, clinch skills and as we said, his GnP.  He’s prepared no matter where the fight goes so the only question is…where will he take it tonight given Barnes’ morale will probably allow Daly to dictate the fight circumstances?

Donkey’s Pick: Daly via TKO (Strikes)

Barnes likely won’t have the morale to stand up to Daly this evening just as Hare said.  It’s as simple as that.  I don’t go with the unprepared fighter and more often than not that’s the right way to pick.

Main Card Bout #2:  Heavyweights

Bobo Brazil (8-4-0) v Banana Republic (6-7-0)

Republic just has not been able to make things click since joining Sucker Punch as he’s gone 1-4 since joining us and has lost his last two in a row.  Brazil got things back on track some last month with a win over Bjoergen after the judges gave him the nod.  However, prior to that he had two losses in a row here at Sucker Punch and another before that from his time at BBFC.  He too needs a win here tonight just as badly as Republic!

Last month Brazil brought an intense combination of kickboxing and Muay Thai to the table against Bjoergen.  His kickboxing, while varied, relied heavily upon landing accurate shots to his opponent’s melon.  He was accurate in other areas also, both hands and feet, but it seemed most of that was just the occasional distraction to set up another head shot.  He also wanted that fight in and out of the clinch quite a bit, and worked head shots in the clinch even more heavily than when separated.  He easily outscored Bjoergen on the cards. Tonight, he’ll have a significant advantage on the ground with his Jiu Jitsu.  Will he even use it, or stick to what worked previously?

Republic has the slightly better boxing and Muay Thai skills this evening, both sensational.  The last time he won, three fights ago against Nordquist, he brought a heavy dose of nasty head shots to the table, landing only one complimentary body shot.  He was accurate and powerful, scoring the TKO in short order.  Will he stand and sling em again this evening?  If so, and if Brazil plays ball, we could have one hell of a slobberknocker on our hands here!

Donkey’s Pick: Brazil via TKO (Strikes)

Republic has just struggled so much to find his way lately that it’s hard for me to pick him until I see him find his way again.  Brazil has had his fair share of struggles as well, so I would say I wouldn’t be surprised if this fight goes either direction. It could turn out to be one of the most fun, active, brutal fights of the night though, so the fans better be prepared to catch this one!

Main Card Bout #3: Heavyweights

Jairzinho Teixeira (11-6-0) v Edward Mills (7-8-0)

Alright, our last fight of the Main Card before we get into the final two Main Events, Donkey! 

And I have one big question here…Does Mills’ manager, Kyle F, just hate him or something?  Or perhaps he just has a ridiculous amount of confidence that he can just throw Mills in there with anybody and Mills will happily just head into the cage and bang?  Mills’ management has already looked past this fight and offered him up as fodder for ZaDarius Haden in an outside shot at earning a title fight!  Now, being that nobody else has had the balls to step up for that opportunity, there’s a chance we may grant the request.  But a win tonight would certainly help Mills’ case…or should I say, his manager’s case!

Mills has the advantage in Muay Thai this evening, surprisingly, while Teixeira will actually be the one with the better boxing and wrestling, at least on paper.  Teixeira has also managed to win two in a row heading into the cage tonight with victories over Ryker and then Andre Powell.  If we go back a little further, he’s actually won four of his last five, so he’s definitely got his head on straight!  Powell and Ryker are both pretty darn good strikers so Mills will definitely have his hands full and Teixeira could very well spoil the party for Mills and his Top Contender to be aspirations!

Donkey’s Pick: Teixeira via TKO (Strikes)

Unfortunately I have to go with Teixeira here as he seems to have just gotten things to click of late.  That said, I’d love to see Mills get the chance to get in the ring with Haden. Because who doesn’t love a good lamb slaughter?  The Saber Tooth himself may not be the apex predator in that contest!

Co-Main Event:

John Doe (8-2-0) v Landon McGuire (7-3-0)

Now we’re talking Donkey!  Our Co-Main Event of the night and this one here may be one of the most intriguing fights of the night!  This Middlweight contest won’t immediately set either fighter up for a title shot as is often the case with our Co-Main Events, but it will certainly elevate one of these guys towards that status with a quickness! 

Doe is the former Light Heavyweight champion here at Sucker Punch who successfully defended his title twice before losing it to Jacob Parker.  That loss offered him the opportunity to step down a weight class as he’d been itching to do for some time.  Unfortunately, his debut at Middleweight didn’t go as planned as he was submitted by Tanaka Matsuda last month as a rude “welcome” to the division!  Matsuda took advantage of that win to move into a Top Contender battle himself.

McGuire has a similar story in that he was the former SPPS Middleweight champion here after he started out the year with a win over Jim Beam to snag the belt and then defended it successfully twice against Sean Smith and Ainsworth.  But then Machado returned to action with us here at Sucker Punch and quickly dethroned McGuire.  A win over Oliver Allen recently looked to have put McGuire back on the path towards the top but then a second loss to Machado last month in their third ever meeting set him back again.

What does all this mean? It means that McGuire and Doe both have some work to do to get back into the mix but a win against the other would certainly help a ton in that endeavor!  Doe will bring an elite level of technical boxing to this fight while McGuire brings heavy hands but also a certain ability to end things via submission on the ground if it gets there.  These two are both very skilled and very matched in primaries, so this fight comes down to secondaries, strategy and management…and even a little luck possibly!

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via Submission (Armbar)

Doe may very well pull off what he does the best which is to point you to death on the judges’ cards while wearing you down and then possibly getting the TKO when you’re gassed.  And if not, winning a decision with the judges.  However, I do like McGuire’s flexibility here with options to strike or go to the ground and I’m going to lean towards that tonight given Doe’s recent submission loss.

Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

Red Crow (10-4-1) v Leroy Jinx (10-2-1)

Well, if I was excited about the Co-Main Event tonight I certainly won’t be let down by our Main Event either!  Another of P J Jones’ kids gets into it back to back with his other boy Doe here as Jinx takes on Crow in this Welterweight clash!  Both of these kids, much like the last fight, are just about evenly matched across the board in primaries and again, this is going to come down to secondary skills, strategy heading in and even a bit of the ole Irish luck!

Again, much like the last fight, both of these fighters are about one step away from a Top Contender battle and a shot at the title as the prize from that!  You can bet that that, on top of being in the Main Event at a PPV style event in front of so many of our Sucker Punch fans will have them ready to bring their very best!

Jinx held the Welterweight title at BBFC not once, but twice.  If he’d won his first fight here at Sucker Punch he’d already have well earned a title shot.  Unfortunately for him, Mister Lee had other plans and short circuited Jinx’s debut at SPPS with a triangle submission midway through the third round last month.  Early in Jinx’s career he had a thing for scoring TKO’s to end fights.  However, more recently during his title runs he leaned more towards going the distance and winning with the judges.  He’ll likely come with a technically superior kickboxing attack that, if history repeats, may be heavy on head shots!

Crow is a former champ as well but his title was held right here at home in this very Welterweight division at Sucker Punch!  He defeated hard hitting Ronnie Bass in May to grab the belt but relinquished it the following month in his first defense against Juan Christiano.  He fell short in his attempt to rebound against Keisuke Matsuzaka in a majority decision loss but did well returning to his hard striking roots to stop Ramon Rabbit last month via KO in the first round.  That win sets him back on the right path and a win over Jinx would certainly put him right back into the contender picture!  He’s no longer with Esiah Xavier’s team after Xavier departed MMA management, but is now under a just as successful manager in Stef Power.  Will the Power camp have him come in trying to dish out just that, more power as he did in his last fight, or will he take another approach against the accuracy based Jinx?

Donkey’s Pick:  Crow via Split Decision

This is going to be a hell of a fight and I can’t wait to see how it plays out!  I’m just taking a shot in the dark here, both are led by fantastic managers and this is going to be a true war!

Get on down to Schooners tonight folks and join the party!  The tailgating’s already going and Sydney is ready to have us make some noise!  It’s time to do this folks.  SPPS 86, TONIGHT…along with a special one hour PPV for those who want the full production value but can’t be there!!!

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, kfuhrer said:

Clean sweep for me. I think Mr. Pickle is now the only fight in SP history to hold wins in 3 different weight divisions. I'm game to make that 4 divisions are try him at 170lbs even. Mind you I might have a 1# contenders fight in my future.

Not only that, but back to back to back 185->205->265, and all in the early part of the 2nd round!  He's on a roll!

• Upvote 1

1632845299SPPS_Poster_87.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 87

Welcome back Sucker Punch faithful!  With a week in between events here we’re ready to ramp back up into SPPS 87 tonight and I do mean ramp up!  We’ll continue to build here over the next month as each event gets a little bit bigger, hopefully a little bit better, and we continue to march potentially towards full PPV experiences and all the bright lights, adrenaline and craziness that comes with it! 

As always, I’m Hare Rumpler and I’ll be joined by that faithful four legged one himself, Donkey “Dan”, as he brings us his picks and analysis!  As mentioned, tonight we continue to build and that means the venue gets a bit bigger!  We head over to The Bridge in Sydney this evening which holds a full 10,000 screaming, maniacal, low-blow and cheap shot loving fans!  Along with it we’ll continue providing some great production values for those at home as we bring you the best hour of action for those who can’t be here live with yet another One Hour PPV!

I’m excited Donkey and I hope you are too.  No titles on the line tonight, but the action will absolutely be intense regardless!  We’ve got just about everything an MMA fan could want short of the big boys tonight.  No Heavyweight action on tap.  But we do have everything from a single Featherweight bout to quite a few Lightweight matchups and a sprinkling of Welterweight action.  Also a pair of Light Heavyweights will get in on things as well and the evening will be capped off by our two Main Events, both premiere matchups in the Middleweight division! 

So with all that said, let’s get a quick word in about our merchandise partner and sponsor here before we hurry over and take a peek at each fight coming up tonight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Jedi Rebel (5-4-0) v Misak Grigorian (1-0-0)

Donkey, I know you’ll like this as much as I do!  We start the night out here with a pair of Light Heavyweights who are both prepped and ready for battle in the cage!  Both Grigorian and Rebel are mostly maxed out on energy and have their morale relatively high.  It’s a treat when we get this early on in the card like this and I can’t tell the managers enough how much I appreciate it!  Attention to detail baby, Donkey will bet on it every time.  Or, more to the point, against it if you aren’t paying much attention to the details!

So tonight Grigorian makes his Sucker Punch debut and…for all intents and purposes…his professional MMA debut as well.  The kid does have one official fight under his belt but it was a QFC fight from almost a year and a half ago, so really…nobody’s looking at that despite it being a win.  What we can take away from that fight is that Grigorian has KO power…something that was mentioned in the Tale of the Tape but was also put on full display early in the second round when he turned out the lights for his opponent only twenty-eight seconds into the round.  Grigorian appears to have continued focusing on his striking both in and out of the clinch as he has wonderful boxing and remarkable Muay Thai.  Combine that with his wonderful wrestling and he should be more than capable no matter where the action takes place standing!

Rebel isn’t what you would call an elite ground specialist at this stage with wonderful wrestling and a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu but he’ll definitely have the BJJ advantage this evening over Grigorian’s blue belt.  That said, to date when Rebel has found himself on the ground, either by his doing or his opponent’s, he’s been unable to capitalize on submission attempts or generate much offense.  We know he’s confident from his early fights but one might question his chin and perhaps his heart as he’s been unable to adjust to life outside QFC fights so far.

Donkey’s Pick: Grigorian via TKO (Strikes)

Hopefully Rebel has been working on his ground game and strike defense significantly leading up to this fight.  He’ll have the advantage on the ground this evening and the ability to finish down there is going to be key for him.  If he can’t, his strike defense better be on point this evening, much more than it’s been leading up to this point, or he’s likely to suffer another TKO or KO.

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweights

Humphrey Wellington (9-13-0) v Morioka Shigemasa (4-7-0)

Wellington comes into the cage for our second bout of the evening as the fighter with a 4k ID advantage.  Yet, on paper, Shigemasa would look to hold the advantage.  At least in primaries.  Wellington, unless he’s a very slow study, should have the advantage in secondaries and physicals with so much more time spent training.

Shigemasa comes into this fight on a three fight losing streak and undoubtedly would very much like to avoid extending it to four!  His last win was a highlight reel worthy one back in May when he defeated Abraham Barnes via head kick.  Hopefully he can go back and get some inspiration from that fight because outside that he’s now 1-6 over his past seven fights which span two managers.  Supposedly Shigemasa does have KO power, which we saw with the kick against Barnes and several times earlier in his career.  But lately he’s struggled to strike with much accuracy and defensively his strike defense seems as if it’s sub-par with a number of his opponents landing fairly high strike percentages.  He’ll have the ground advantage tonight, will he switch things up and use it by chance or is it all defensive?

Wellington is in similar straits as he’s lost four of his last five fights including both since joining Sucker Punch.  Early in his career we learned that Wellington prefers standup.  That’s fantastic and should benefit his boxing and clinch games, but doesn’t speak well of his potential for KO power or a reasonably good chin.  We also know from an early fight that a fighter with a granite chin had the power to get to Wellington’s chin…which makes me believe that Wellington’s chin is good to solid or potentially worse.  Combined with a lack of KO power, we have to wonder if he’ll be outmatched on the feet this evening?  If ever there was a time for his fortunes to change…as his strike accuracy has been an issue to date much like Shigemasa’s…tonight is the night.

Donkey’s Pick: Shigemasa via TKO (Strikes)

We know that both of these fighters have struggled with their standup skills in the past several fights. We know both have had trouble stopping their opponent’s attack defensively and they’ve both failed to land reasonably good percentage of their own strikes.  That said, we do know that Shigemasa has some KO power but that Wellington likely lacks it along with potentially having a solid chin at best.  I have to go with Shigemasa’s chances in this one.

Undercard Bout #3: Lightweights

Montesh Dominguez (6-7-0) v Akara Kongsangchai (2-12-0)

Two lightweights here with almost identical skill levels in all primaries, Donkey!  But that’s where the comparison stops.  Kongsangchai, put simply, has had a nightmarish go of it in his professional career so far…and when I say so far that’s saying something as he’s fought fourteen times.  You have to go back ten fights and almost a year in time to find his last victory over Yellow Belt Casey via decision.  We thought he’d break the drought last month against my own, much, much younger, Repus Revorg.  Instead, Kongsangchai was tapping out due to a Triangle Choke in under two minutes.  Ouch. 

Dominguez is trending in the opposite direction.  He started out his career 3-5, which isn’t the end of the world but also won’t light the place on fire. He spent a lot of time bouncing between wins and losses and trying to catch some consistency.  His past three fights have been a complete turnaround though as he’s spun off three wins in a row all over very solid fighters.  He seems to have found his niche in being able to take a fight the distance and winning via decision.  He’s clearly improved his defensive prowess on the ground and has now moved to a varied, balanced attack on the feet both in and out of the clinch.

Donkey’s Pick: Dominguez via Unanimous Decision

Expect this to be a fight that stays standing as Kongsangchai tries to break free from the doldrums and Dominguez comes in focused on extending his success streak.  Kongsangchai may have to adjust his strategy to a more varied approach rather than being one dimensional with the head shots if he wants to change up his fortunes.

Undercard Bout #4: Lightweights

Timmy Flowers (1-1-0) v Ryo Hazuki (2-5-0)

Ok, our second Lightweight match in a row here as we get deep into the Undercard for SPPS 87!  Once again, I’m extremely happy to say that these two are keeping the streak alive tonight when it comes to preparation!  Two more fighters, making it eight in total so far, who are amped up, topped off and ready to tussle!

Hazuki will have the striking advantage both boxing and Muay Thai this evening.  At least on paper.  He’s a man determined to get the fight to the ground in most of his fights to date though, going for takedowns repeatedly.  He has struggled to get them, so we have to question if it’s a lack of speed, a lack of offensive takedown skill or perhaps maybe just a little bit of a heart or confidence issue.  If it’s either of the first two, it can certainly be fixed.  Once there though, he needs to know what to do with the opportunity.  He’s struggled to show direction offensively when on the ground as well.  Will he still try for the ground game this evening or will he switch it up and bring a bit of a varied attack striking?  Typically when forced to stand and strike he is heavy on the headshots, or at least the attempts.

Flowers is making his debut with Sucker Punch tonight after spending the large majority of his career, minus two MMA fights, on the ground in grappling contests.  With remarkable wrestling and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu he’ll be a serious threat this evening should the fight get to the ground.  Hazuki will need to be aware of this and consider other alternatives!  Two managers back, while in CACC, Flowers had been showcasing his submission skills.  Are they still up to par and will new Manager Mark Harrington make use of them?  You have to figure that’ll be the plan this evening.

Donkey’s Pick: Harrington via Submission (Armbar)

Hazuki hasn’t seemed to find his stride or focus for his offense and defense.  He appears to be riding the fence a bit when it comes to commitment and ensuring the skills he wants to use are complimented with the rest of his training.  Flowers may have a bit more of an offensive focus, especially on the ground, so I expect he’ll be able to earn the points with the judges tonight even if he doesn’t finish.

Undercard Bout #5: Lightweights

Repus Revorg (6-4-0) v Oliver Allen (4-6-0)

Our final fight of the Undercard and last of the trio of Lightweight matchups we’ll see this evening.  This one has one of my own boys in it Donkey, so given history, I can assume you’re going to pick against poor Revorg!  So much hate from you! 

These two come in with almost identical skills in the major areas of focus and just about fully prepared.  Allen may be about 10% off on morale but that shouldn’t be a crushing factor in this one.  He has over a 4k advantage in MMAT ID so from a developmental perspective Allen should be well ahead in some of the skills that are under the hood!

To date Allen has struggled to translate his skills into wins.  He’s gone 0-4 since joining Sucker Punch under two managers at two fights a piece.  Overall though, he’s currently on a disheartening six fight losing streak and really needs a bit of confidence to get the motor humming!  Typically he comes with a boxing mentality and about a 2:1 head to body breakdown for strike attempts.  We know from early in his career that he has heavy hands but given four of his last six losses have come via KO or TKO his chin is in question.

Revorg started out pretty well when he came home to Sucker Punch with four straight wins once he was past his initial QFC test fight.  But then he stumbled against both Yip Man lii and Guy River, albeit it’s important to note that Guy went on to win the belt just two fights later. Since that time, Revorg has bounced between wins and losses and is desperate to find consistency.  His last two wins, as he’s gone 2-1 over his past three, were both via submission.  Will he try his hand again against an opponent who is likely prepared defensively on the ground or will he try his hand at Allen’s chin?  The early part of Revorg’s career was full of TKO’s and KO’s, so that’s not out of the question here.

Donkey’s Pick: Revorg via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going to surprise everybody and actually take Hare’s boy here!  I believe this may be the first time I’ve ever picked in favor of one of Hare’s kids outside a test fight with both of his own kids in it!  Here’s the only reason: I don’t believe in Allen’s chin and think it’s probably susceptible.  However, Revorg has fallen victim to technical strikers and their ability to score points and get decisions several times, so there is that potential loss opportunity for him!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Alex Steel Ii (9-7-0) v Justin Kulina (5-3-0)

With two very evenly matched Welterweights we’ll see the Main Card get underway!  Steel li has the Muay Thai advantage in this one, but only but a small bit, while Kulina has even smaller edges in both boxing and wrestling.  Both are fully prepped for this fight and should be bringing their best to the cage!

Kulina has been hot with a 4-1 record over his past five fights.  He’s beaten reasonably matched and leveled opponents for his age and skill level and will begin seeing bigger challenges.  Steel li may be the first of those steps forward as he is 3-1 over his past four with a pair of wins under his belt heading into this fight.  Steel li has seen some of the better competition in the division, at least in terms of experience and skill, and both Kulina and Steel li should force each other to step it up one more notch tonight.  We’ll find out which of these two truly is ready to make a big leap up the ladder!

Steel li isn’t exactly uncomfortable going to the ground, and has actually taken it there at least once in his prior couple fights.  But once there he doesn’t appear comfortable and prepared with a clear approach in mind.  Instead, his more focused attack comes with his kickboxing where he brings things from just about every angle and level for his opponent to deal with!

Kulina isn’t shy about his joy for striking rather than being on the ground.  And he’s not picky, he’ll box with you or get in close and clinch things up, throwing a heavy dose of head shots in the process!  If Steel li likes the idea of standing and trading shots tonight, he’s found the right dance partner!

Donkey’s Pick: Kulina via TKO (Strikes)

This is an extremely difficult pick here because I really like Steel li’s diversity of attack when he’s kickboxing but at the same time I love the varied attack that Kulina can bring with his ability to fight in or out of the clinch.  I’m going to go with Kulina on this one only because I think if he gets and controls the clinch the headshots could do some serious damage and softening up!

Main Card Bout #2:  Light Heavyweights

Andrei Averyanov (6-1-0) v Wille Thai (9-7-0)

Our second of only two Light Heavyweight battles this evening will see ground and submission specialist, Wille Thai, go after 6-1 striking sensation, Andrei Averyanov! 

It was only last month that Averyanov saw his undefeated record come to an end against a tough as nails Victor Veidt.  Up till that fight, the only TKO’s or KO’s dished out were by Averyanov.  Waking up to smelling salts after a first round KO loss was a new experience and one I doubt he is intending to repeat anytime soon. Tonight that shouldn’t be a concern. 

But being finished will still be something to be wary of for Averyanov as Thai has serious ground skills and has submitted nine victims in his career.  Yes, every win has been via submission!  Granted, Thai has also taken his fair share of losses and two thirds of those have come via TKO or KO.  Including his two title shots which ended in TKO losses.  Thai will need to avoid Averyanov’s hands and find a way to get in for the takedown without presenting his chin for dessert tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Averyanov via TKO (Strikes)

Thai has a granite chin.  That doesn’t mean it can’t be gotten to and at least 4 other opponents have proven it can be.  He’s struggled of late and if Averyanov can either defend against a takedown or handle himself defensively on the ground long enough to find himself back on the feet this one is his for the taking. And with it he’d move himself one step closer to being back in the contender picture.

Main Card Bout #3: Featherweights

Magnificent Chulalongkorn (12-5-0) v Petsuwan Sitsongrit (7-1-0)

Our last fight before the Main Events this evening and we get our first and only taste of Featherweight action this evening!  But for the Featherweight fans out there, this is a great one and one that has huge impact upon the division!  The winner of this fight will be moving on to a title shot in early November, so make no mistake, these two are going to want this one…bad!

Sitsongrit is a Theksit Ruengruong product, so you can expect an elite level of technical striking on the feet that usually pushes the fight towards the scorecards and produces points with the judges!  He’s done so his last five fights in a row and is on a six fight win streak overall. Tonight, he gets his first real test against a very real threat on the ground!

Chulalongkorn is a former champ at Checkmate, former champ at BBFC and…drum roll please…a former champ here at Sucker Punch as he defeated Michael Aalto in July to grab the belt.  He can throw  hands, or, as he proved against Aalto, put his submission skills on display!  Chulalongkorn lost the belt in his first defense to Baptiste…and that’s where it gets interesting.  Baptiste is an alliance mate of Sitsongrit’s and therefore this is one of two things…a chance for Baptiste to stop Chulalongkorn’s march back to a title shot…but then potentially have to take on his own alliance mate for the belt if Baptiste retains it against Jihadi Joseph…or fall and give Chulalongkorn the potential opportunity to burn through not one, but two Yabai members in route to a potential avenging of his belt loss!  Fun stuff!

Donkey’s Pick: Chulalongkorn via Submission (Armbar)

I think Chulalongkorn realizes that the striking game is getting points is Sitsongrit’s play and goes to the ground as he did against Aalto, albeit for different reasons this time. Sitsongrit hasn’t truly been tested on the ground so it’ll be interesting to learn whether he can defend well enough or not to still get to the feet and win with points!

Co-Main Event:

DeAngelo vs. Zhao II

Joseph DeAngelo v Longsun Zhao (7-3-0)

Here we go, our Co-Main Event of the night Donkey and I’m pretty darn excited!  The last few fights alone leading up to this look to be some big fun and this one only continues that trend!  DeAngelo’s manager told us a bit back that he was ready to face the top of the division.  Bring it on!  Well, we’re not going to just toss DeAngelo right at em again, but within his skill range right now Zhao is a solid test! 

Zhao fell off the horse for a bit there at one point and had an unhealthy (for himself, clearly) obsession with Psiris Fuhren but with that past he’s gotten back to winning with a solid one over Shigemasa last month.  Zhao has previously beaten DeAngelo back in May, so clearly this is an attempt to see if Zhao is still at that level and ready for step up or if DeAngelo has continued to develop and evolve and is now ready to leap past Zhao!

Both like to strike and the last time these two got together it was fireworks in the first round, with an early KO going to Zhao. 

Donkey’s Pick: DeAngelo via TKO (Cuts)

DeAngelo is heavy handed, but we also know he’s been stopped via KO and TKO in the past, so his chin may not be as powerful as his striking.  A former WPFA champion, he’d like nothing more than to prove me wrong on that and make his way to the top here as well!  Zhao is in the same boat though, exhibiting power yet falling by it as well.  Interesting note here:  Zhao showed he was easily cut early in his career but yet has never had a fight stopped by the Doc.  I’m going out on a very long, thin limb here tonight…

Main Event:

Tanaka Matsuda (13-3-0) v Derek Patterson (3-2-0)

Our second of two Middlweight Main Events will bring the evening to a close for SPPS 87 and likely be highlighted extensively on the PPV broadcast! 

Patterson is looking to prove that he should be considered part of the top of the division despite his relatively young record and fighting experience.  Matsuda, former BFC champ and former Top Contender here at Sucker Punch, is looking to restate his claim to the top of the pile of contenders.  Taking out a potential challenger for that position here would be a big step forward!

Matsuda had won four fights straight which earned him a shot at the title but he was unable to capitalize on that opportunity.  Since, he’s won two in a row via outstanding submission finishes, both of which earned him ‘Sub of the Night’ honors.

Patterson, part of P J Jones’ stable, is built from similar cloth and trainers.  He’s a technical striker who can beat you by wearing you down or simply win via points.  Matsuda previously took out Patterson’s stablemate, John Doe, via submission.  Will he down two in a row?

Donkey’s Pick:  Matsuda via Submission (Kimura)

Matsuda may have the Jones’ camp number.  We’re going to find out tonight!  That’s all I have to say, other than that I wouldn’t be surprised to have this pick go completely sideways on me!  Let’s get to SPPS 87 at The Bridge and have a blast folks!

The tailgate tonight for SPPS 87 is bigger than ever as record crowds head down to the parking lots outside The Bridge in Sydney, starting the party early!  It’s time to do this folks.  SPPS 87, TONIGHT…along with a special one hour PPV for those who want the full production value but can’t be there!!!

• Upvote 5

On 8/27/2021 at 3:49 PM, Oldbones said:

15812203649039.png

AKARA "KING KONG" KONGSANGCHAI

THE GOAT

3-12-0

Can't believe I have to wait a whole month to fight again, Montesh I'm coming for you with an UNPARALLELED record, my abilities are immense, my skills dynamic and fierce, everyone at 155's going to know King Kong is the real Goat!

What'd I say, the real goat is here to stay, my moves are impeccable, my defense is impenetrable, my lovemaking respectable, my name unpronounceable, and my will is insurmountable. Just sayin, Saiyans get stronger with all there losses so maybe we should just keep that in mind. Oh and one last thing

DONKEY DAN WHERE YOU AT!?

• Like 1

1632853756SPPS_Poster_88.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 88

Hello folks and welcome back with us as we get ready for yet another action filled night over in Sydney!  Tonight, SPPS 88 kicks off at The Bridge for 10,000 screaming Sucker Punch fans!  Once again, I’m Hare Rumpler and I’ll be with you now for this look forward along Donkey “Dan” here, our sensational analyst and co-host!  We’re both ready for some fun stuff this evening, hope you are too! 

Quick Edit:  The last four fights tonight will see Nati stepping in along with Donkey!  Being she just begged me to take her to Chick-Fil-A, which cost me some time getting this ready, I bargained with her to do the last four while I finished the rest.  Apparently she was pretty desperate for Chick-Fil-A.  Not sure that’s the best choice the night before a XC meet, but hey, that’s on her!

Tonight you get a little bit of everything folks, minus any championship action.  That’s right, every single weight class here at Sucker Punch is represented this evening.  And just because there isn’t a belt on the line doesn’t mean we don’t have some big time action on tap!  Ronnie Bass and Rick Segura will headline things in the Main Event this evening in a battle that will determine which of these two Welterweights is close to getting a Top Contender status! 

The Co-Main Event tonight will have stellar Light Heavyweights Topuria and Veidt going at it and you better believe this is the biggest fight of their careers!  The winner of this one will go on to fight the survivor of Fury vs. Parker for the belt!  So close…yet so far…one more win and one of these guys has reached his dream shot!

There’s more where that came from as well folks!  Leading up to the big final two fights fans will see well known names like Tribute and Bloode at Light Heavyweight, Cobain taking on a newcomer to the Sucker Punch house in the Lightweight division and Silva and Krol getting a bit crazy as they will be the second pairing of big boys on the evening for the Heavyweight division!  That’s just the Main Card folks and trust me, you don’t want to miss the Undercard action that leads up to it.

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition!   Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q., THE energy loss reduction supplements!  For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%!  If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Lightweights

Andrew Nichols (7-6-0) v Conor Aldo (7-8-0)

Donkey, we’ll get things moving over at The Bridge tonight with the Lightweight pairing of Aldo and Nichols!  Now, I wish I could say both were all prepped and ready but that isn’t QUITE the case, although it’s not as bad as you’re probably thinking.  Nichols is coming in about 10% off on energy.  So he better hope he can end this one early because a drawn out contest likely won’t favor him.

Aldo had gone 4-1 under former manager Hassan Jassan before he went seeking new guidance.  He returned with manager Scott Bandz last month but fell to TKO late in the first round. Sometimes new manager and fighter pairings take a fight or two to gel as they figure things out about each other so we’ll see if that’s the case here!  Two fights back against my own Revorg, Aldo used a varied kickboxing attack to get to Revorg early and had him rocked.  Unfortunate, either the killer instinct didn’t click for Aldo and he failed to finish or Revorg showed heart and rebounded faster than Aldo expected but the fight swung the other way against Aldo after that.  In his last fight under his new manager, Aldo focused more on his boxing and was trying to work the clinch angle. Unfortunately he seemed a bit uncertain what to do with the clinch and wasn’t able to dictate the action there.

Nichols is 1-1 since joining Sucker Punch two months ago and has had TKO’s go both ways over those two contests.  First, he finished Alex Martens in August via a TKO due to a nasty knee and punches.  However, he fell to hard hitting Cobain via TKO just a month later at the tail end of the first.  He’s 1-4 over his last five fights including three losses at BBFC so a win tonight is needed to get things on track!  Nichols undoubtedly saw Aldo’s hesitation in the clinch last fight so you can expect he’ll work his way there tonight to take advantage of one of his areas of comfort!

Donkey’s Pick: Nichols via TKO (Strikes)

I don’t like picking unprepared fighters so it may come as a surprise for many here that I’m going with Nichols.  I just think the focus on the clinch and Aldo’s prior lack of commitment to it may make a difference in this one tonight.

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweights

Zett Jukassa (7-3-0) v Jim Beam (6-11-0)

We’ve got two talented Middleweights ready for action this evening here Donkey!  The only question on one side with Beam is, will we get the guy we saw defeat Zhao two fights back…or will we get the guy who has lost seven of his last eight fights?  Across the cage tonight Jukassa will be looking to make sure it’s the guy who has lost EIGHT of his last NINE fights instead!

Jukassa comes off back to back wins since joining Sucker Punch and also changing management teams.  Sairanix Lokren has him firing on all cylinders with wins over Humphrey Wellington and then my very own Darwin Zambrano!  I take pride at least in knowing that Zambrano’s loss was the first time Jukassa has been in a fight that didn’t end one way or another with a TKO or KO!  Not for lack of trying though, Zambrano had Jukassa rocked good late in the second round but Jukassa showed a ton of heart, got back into it and came back to win the third round and take the decision!  Wow.  Jukassa prefers to mix it up with the hands, boxing or clinching up and still using those to the head and body to get his work in.

With Jukassa only having a purple belt in Jiu Jitsu you can expect Beam to try to work the ground action tonight I’d think.  He’s got a number of submissions in his past and I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what he goes after tonight.

Donkey’s Pick: Beam via Submission (Armbar)

Not sure why but something is telling me to take Beam.  Just a tingling on the back of the neck.  This, I think, is probably an underdog pick in this one as Beam has been on such a rough streak and will need to build his confidence early in this on to have a chance.  But I’m going to go out on a limb here. 

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Peter Beardsley (8-2-0) v Ultima Kekkonen (5-5-0)

Donkey, this is a fight here as we get midway through the Undercard that I was really looking forward to originally when I made it!  I really thought we could expect some stellar striking action from these two and that it would be a heck of a battle.  I still think that, but at the same time a little bit of that inner “Dana White” is coming out in me being Kekkonen turned down his contract extension and this appears to be his last fight with us.  We tried to reach out to see if there was any issue that we could modify things for or if it was simply due to a retirement or change of scenery but heard nothing back.  So that’s where I say the Dana White comes out…cause obviously I have to root for Beardsley a bit here!

Beardsley will have the Jiu Jitsu advantage tonight but I don’t expect that to really factor in here. He’s now on a seven game winning streak including all four since joining Sucker Punch.  You can expect a heavy dose of kickboxing tonight, especially heavy on the head shots, along with a solid sprinkling of the nasty stuff in the clinch!

This is the first fight for Kekkonen under his new management team with Turbo Kid. Respect to him for having Kekkonen fight out his final fight on the contract, with my suspicions being that he’ll take Kekkonen to a 360k org as soon as this fight is over.  He’s had mixed success here at SPPS where he’s spent all of his career minus two early QFC fights.  Since then, he’s gone 4-4, bouncing between wins and losses the entire way.  It should be noted that this kid has a bright future, his losses were against some of the best in the division and clearly he was going to have huge success going forward.  He should have the same or better wherever he ends up.  He has a similar style to Beardsley, so expect him to come throwing hands and not to back down when it’s time to clinch!

Donkey’s Pick: Beardsley via TKO (Strikes)

This will be an all-out slugfest I think but in the end I am thinking Beardsley gets the better of it.  Or at least, I know that’s what many Sucker Punch fans are hoping for!  Hare being the Captain of that bunch! 

Undercard Bout #4: Light Heavyweights

Bjorn Akerfeldt (7-7-0) v Devin Ecker (6-6-0)

We move on here Donkey to two Light Heavyweights who both boast a .500 record but who also both are much more skilled than those middling records suggest!  In terms of primaries they’re equal just about down the line, with Akerfeldt having the boxing advantage by a small margin and Ecker getting the slight edge in Muay Thai and wrestling. 

Both have brown belts in Jiu Jitsu and that’s where things might get interesting tonight as Akerfeldt is known to try to work the ground game and submissions.  Yet, he won’t have the overall advantage on the ground this evening, at least not on paper.  But Ecker’s skills are mostly defensive in Jiu Jitsu while he’s got some awesome ground and pound ability!

So I guess we see if one or both decide to stand and strike…or, more likely…does this thing go to the ground fast and become a battle for position between a submission artist and a ground and pounder?

Donkey’s Pick: Ecker via TKO (Strikes)

Ecker more than held his own against Wille Thai in his last fight, getting the better of him on the ground and pounding out a win.  He’s also held his own, albeit quite a while back, against Titus Fury, another ground submission specialist.  I have to go with the trend here, although Akerfeldt is likely to be the most dangerous test on the ground for him yet!

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Kaoru Nagashima (8-8-0) v Ecce Homo (4-4-2)

Well, I was excited to see our Featherweights make an appearance here tonight as we close out the Undercard.  Was.  Until I looked in on these guys and saw the obvious lack of preparation by Ecce Homo and his camp.  He’s coming in about 15-20% off on morale, clearly not in the right headspace and also close to 50% down on energy.  Dude looks wiped and not in the mood to even be at The Bridge tonight Donkey!  So I know this isn’t going to go well with your pick!

Ole Crazy Eyes himself will have a big opportunity to once again improve his record tonight with a fight that’s his to lose. Coming off a win against Dankula in August he should be more than fired up to get in here and take care of the business at hand.  He defeated Dankula via submission and has won four of his last five.  I expect him to fall back on what he did against the likes of Villarreal, Red and Casey as he works the takedown and then GnP magic for a first round TKO!

Donkey’s Pick: Nagashima via TKO (Strikes)

The lack of preparation for Homo is especially disappointing being this is his debut with Sucker Punch, he hasn’t changed management teams, and yet it’s been two months since he fought last.  He should be more than prepared at this point as he’s had more than enough time to get in the right mindset and be rested. Heck, this kid is still wandering around with his basic magic white shorts on after ten fights!  C’mon man.  Anyways, obviously his run with us may not last long if Hare sees this more than once.  He has almost zero shot at winning tonight given the lack of prep.  Which will make him 0-4-1 over his last five if he suffers the expected loss tonight.  That’s bad.  Really bad.

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

Rock Silva (3-4-0) v Zygmunt Krol (5-5-0)

Alright Donkey, I’ll get you guys rolling into the Main Card here and then after this, I turn things over to you and Nati Batti!  She’ll step in for my portion but the fans will still get your picks as well. 

The second and last of our big boy fights here as Heavyweights Krol and Silva both attempt to move their records forward, Krol into positive territory and Silva trying to piggyback off the win over Kekkonen last month under new management.  A win here would bring him even at 4-4.

Under the new management of Alex K., Silva came in with a brand new attitude last month and had clearly worked on patience, focus and sheer, controlled, accurate power.  He bided his time, waiting for his counter opportunities and then when they presented he landed his shots like a ton of bricks.  He landed one in the clinch, but it was the three out of four landed to the noggin’ while boxing that did the trick!

Krol also had a rebirth of sorts in August as he too changed management teams from Action Jackson’s squad over to the Folioli camp.  With that change came a turnaround win over Patrick Murphy, a TKO early in the second round thanks to a very similar approach to what Silva used in his last fight. 

Both men have only been stopped by something other than a decision once in their careers.  This is going to be fun!

Donkey’s Pick: Silva via TKO (Strikes)

This fight is going to be VERY interesting.  Do both continue to go in there doing similar things as last time?  If so, who’s more patient and who hangs in there for the counter shots?  Who ends up setting the pace and pushing the action?  Or is this going to be one of those fights where we see them circling and measuring, waiting for that one big shot for minutes on end?  This is what I do know…once something lands, it’s going to land hard.  And it’s going to be about which wins, the fist or the chin?!?  Could this epic clash actually come out a decision?

Main Card Bout #2:  Lightweights

Dee DeVon (8-3-0) v Kurt Cobain (11-6-0)

Nati’s Commentary:

For the seventh fight of the night, we will see Dee DeVon against Kurt Cobain in a lightweight bout. These two are pretty close in wrestling and BJJ, so if this fight ends up on the ground it could be interesting. If not, Cobain has a slight edge in both muay tai and boxing, so perhaps there’s hope for a quick knockout. DeVon’s morale is a tad bit down from where it should be, so Cobain has him there, too. I know small differences in morale and energy shouldn’t make a difference, but from my experiences, judging based on that always seems to work out pretty well. So, for this one, I think I’ll go with Cobain. And, since I’m an optimist when it comes to knockouts, I think it’ll be a quick knockout, probably from a punch.

Donkey’s Pick: Cobain via KO (Strikes)

We’ve got a pair of high profile Lightweights on tap here with Dee DeVon making his Sucker Punch debut.  He’s going to be attempting to improve an already impressive record while making a statement with his arrival.  A win over Cobain would certainly be that.  And would potentially earn him a Top Contender battle almost immediately with Guy River who sits waiting for a challenger for the next title fight opportunity.

Cobain started to struggle a little with three losses in a row that all started with a missed shot at the title against Frankie Logan.  A win over Nichols last month got him back on track but he needs a few more to get back into the title picture now.  This is another step in that process.  Cobain hits hard.  We know that.  DeVon, formerly known as Frank Diaz, hasn’t fought since March but  has since changed management teams.  He has two losses in a row, also started by a loss to Frankie Logan in a ttile fight here at Sucker Punch.  Do we see a trend here?  Which one of these can shake off the Logan curse and step forward again with the win tonight?

If Cobain loses, it’s usually via decision or submission.  He’s never been (T)KO’d.  I don’t see it happening tonight.  DeVon has been stopped via KO…three times.  Cobain is going headhunting, no doubt.

Main Card Bout #3: Light Heavyweights

Tribute vs. Bloode II

Tank Tribute (11-5-0) v Choctaw Bloode (10-6-0)

Nati’s Commentary:

Up next, we will have Tank Tribute against Choctaw Bloode in a light heavyweight match. Two interesting choices of names here, but I guess we will ignore that since it is frowned upon to judge based on names. Both of these guys have pretty good records, with Tribute being 11-5 and Bloode being 10-6 heading into this fight. As for skills, they’re pretty evenly matched across the board. Their energy and morale are nearly identical as well. All around, this is a pretty tough match-up to choose on, and I figure it’ll be very close. Since technically Tribute has the better record, and he has won more of his recent fights, I will choose him for this one. He’s won 10 of his 11 wins by TKO, so he will probably do that again.

Donkey’s Pick: Bloode via TKO (Cuts)

With almost identical records as well as identical primary skillsets, expect a fantastic battle here tonight between these two Light Heavyweights.  This is one heck of a battle to finish off the Main Card prior to the Main Events! 

Bloode has done well under new manager, Ryan West, and should continue to be a serious threat.  He fell a little short in a decision loss last month to Topuria, but it should be noted Topuria is one of the top fighters in the division and there’s no shame in that. Bloode would like to prove he is as well though and winning here would go a long way towards that cause. 

These two have met before.  Back in June.  Bloode came out on top via decision in that battle.  Can he do it again?  Tribute is 4-1 over his past five fights with two wins bookending that loss.  And that loss was to? Yes, Bloode.  Outside that fight, Tribute has mowed down his victims, I mean, opponents via TKO’s and KO’s.  He hits hard both in and out of the clinch.  Don’t expect him to hold back tonight!  Unless he starts to bleed.  Which he has a tendency to do.  And Bloode will, well, smell blood. And he likes to punish his opponents over a full three rounds.  That could get painful…and bloody…for Tribute.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Light Heavyweight Bout

Iliya Topuria (7-0-0) v Victor Veidt (7-1-0)

Nati’s Commentary:

The co-main event of the night will feature Iliya Topuria and Victor Veidt in a light heavyweight bout. I believe I was told that these two will be fighting for a chance at the championship match, so there’s a lot on the line for them. These two have nearly identical records, but I’d argue that Topuria has a bit of an advantage when it comes to skills.  He is slightly better at everything but muay tai, so unless Veidt gets lucky he’s going to be a bit outmatched here. Topuria is down just a tiny bit in morale, and since I like to make my picks based on that I think I’ll actually choose Veidt here. A bit of an upset, at least in my head since I don’t really know who’s predicted to win this one. Veidt has won 6 of his 7 wins via TKO, so I’m going to assume he will win by that this time, too.

Donkey’s Pick: Topuria via Submission (Kimura)

This Co-Main Event will see 7-0 go up against 7-1 with a title shot on the line for the Light Heavyweight Title!  Yes, the winner here will move on to the winner of Fury/Parker after that fight takes place on October 20th!

Veidt has only one loss, under former manager Slick Gunderson, but is perfect under current manager Tristan Finch.  He’s run through Thai, Shigemasa and Averyanov but is now looking to prove that he’s up for the best the division has to offer!  Topuria is certainly representative of that and a win here would certainly make Veidt deserving of a title shot.

Topuria is perfect so far at 7-0 in MMA and has won three straight under the management of P J Jones. Two wins in a row since joining Sucker Punch, over first Jim Beam, former champ, and then highly skilled Bloode have put him in position to make the next big jump into a title fight.  But Veidt stands in his way first!

Topuria is unlike most Jones fighters in that he not only has ground submission skills but enjoys using them!  Veidt will want this fight on the feet.  Let’s see who gets what they want!

Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

Ronnie Bass (12-4-0) v Rick Segura (6-2-0)

Nati’s Commentary:

The main event of the night will be a welterweight match between Ronnie Bass and Rick Segura. These two are both good fighters but Bass has twice as much experience as Segura, so that may give him a bit of an upper hand here. Other than experience though, Bass doesn’t really have much going for him. He only has advantages in muay tai, the other skills are either even or Segura has the advantage. Plus, his morale is just a little down from where it should be and if we are sticking with a trend tonight, that means I must choose against him. So I guess for this one I’ll be choosing Segura. I’ve chosen for all the fights to be won by either KO or TKO tonight and I’m going to do it again. I think Segura will win this won via TKO from strikes, just because.

Donkey’s Pick:  Bass via TKO (Strikes)

We get two different tales in one huge fight tonight between Segura and Bass I the Welterweight division!  Bass is a two-time former champion here at Sucker Punch who has stumbled a bit of late with three of his last four fights being losses, including the one that started it all in a loss of the belt to Crow and then two fights later a loss in the opportunity to regain the belt against Christiano. 

Segura is a star on the rise as he’s won all of his last seven fights minus one in July against Dennis Dalborg which, to many, seemed like one of those “puncher’s chances, fluke shots” that just happened to land for Dalborg.  A win over Barbosa in August proved that not only could Segura bounce back but that he was for real. 

Segura could stand and let hands fly with Bass tonight but I think it’s a safe bet we’ll see him work to get this to the ground while trying to avoid having a nasty Bass shot land.  When they land, they land heavy and are a serious threat.  Bass will look to end this long before Segura can secure the takedown and work his ground and pound.  One of these guys will have their plan work out in a huge way and take a HUGE step towards Top Contender status!  I have no idea who, so this is a shot in the dark, much like the one that might end this…

Alright folks, we’ve got another huge one tonight over at The Bridge!  Wouldn’t you want to be one of the 10,000 maniacal fans rocking Sydney to her core this evening?  Well, get your butt down there then!  And if you can’t, because, well, you’re like, across a giant ocean or something…well then tune in to the amazing 1 Hour LIVE PPV this evening!  We’ve got it all for you here at Sucker Punch!  We’ll see you there folks!

• Upvote 5

Victor Vedit- I would like to say I’m still the future of this division, even after my robbery. I still don’t understand how I can smack a man silly for 3 rounds and still lose a split decision. I’ll just have to start putting mfers to sleep. I’m still next , I can starch bums like Fury and Parker in my sleep8C3DCCC8-8AC5-4A78-ADCC-DA619DC313BE.jpeg.c1dd06ead7e5e30985e0b514d7af2795.jpeg 

• Upvote 1

On 10/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, Golden97 said:

Victor Vedit- I would like to say I’m still the future of this division, even after my robbery. I still don’t understand how I can smack a man silly for 3 rounds and still lose a split decision. I’ll just have to start putting mfers to sleep. I’m still next , I can starch bums like Fury and Parker in my sleep8C3DCCC8-8AC5-4A78-ADCC-DA619DC313BE.jpeg.c1dd06ead7e5e30985e0b514d7af2795.jpeg 

15837804747956.png

Bjorn Akerfeldt- It was an impressive first round, cuts, knockdowns, massive uppercuts but let's face it you couldn't seal the deal and were a diminishing asset in rounds 2 and 3 getting tied up on the ground and missing shots. If you were gonna go for the decision in the end probably should have paid attention to points the whole time, so maybe instead of calling for Parker or Fury or others out of your league you can run it back with me, the real future King of 205. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Gator001 said:

16175931429480.gif

Leroy Jinx

I hear Juan is looking for a fight, I WANT it

Looks like Jinx is the man who is going to step up to the big stage, or try to!  Not many above him on the list as is and those that are either are biding their time or already in contention!

So Jinx hops the line and becomes potentially the next in line if he can get by Christiano!  

• Upvote 1

1634563890SPPS_Poster_91.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 91

Welcome back again all you crazy Sucker Punch fans!!!  Hare Rumpler here along with my colleague and analyst, Donkey “Dan”, as we get ready to jump into one of the more exciting nights Sucker Punch has ever seen!  Sure, we’ve been in the Sydney Superdome already this past month and yes, we’ve also done a three hour PPV just as we’ll do again tonight, but tonight will also see one of the highest hyped combinations of fights we’ve had on tap for quite a while!  Add all of that together and I’m stoked for some big time action, big time results and boy, Donkey, I can just feel the electricity in the air here in Sydney!

Now, do I believe that that all is going to necessarily result in our highest rated event to date?  No, not absolutely.  Why?  Well, this is all part of a building process.  We’ve been pumping resources into the last few events leading up to this in order to establish and build the org rating up to a new “base level”.  Each and every event, especially PPV’s, builds on the ones prior to it.  So by dumping tons of resources into the ones before this it allows us to now back down a little bit on the investment, while hopefully still maintaining a reasonably higher rating level than we had prior to beginning this effort.  Hopefully that’s what we see tonight…something in the 350+ rating range with about half the losses (as we took easily a multi-seven figure loss on the last one, but damn, wasn’t it worth it crew?!?)

So yes, Donkey, tonight we have 30,000 fans, or close to it, packing into the Sydney Superdome, we have three hours of action packed, high quality production, PPV available for those at home or those who want to go back and watch again and we’ve got some amazing fights to support it all!  Now…about those fights…

Two title fights Donkey!  But get this…we even have a third fight…a fight that from a total hype and popularity perspective sneaks into the Main Events as the Co-Main for the evening!  That’s wicked awesome, so you can bet I’m looking forward to that Featherweight battle between Greg Connor and Yellow Belt Casey!

Outside that, the rest of the card is loaded also!  Hell, even sneaking down from the remainder of the Main Card into the Undercard you have fights such as the Middleweight matchup between Hall and Nimoy, the Featherweight showdown of Drake and Dankula to open the Main Card and the Light Heavyweight standup between Kuznetsov and young up and comer Barnes that closes out the Undercard!  Not to mention my own Valentine going at it with Rabbit in a Welterweight bout right before that. 

We’re not going to forget about Bard/Daly which opens things up for the evening followed by Fuller/Hamada and Fett/Powell!  Seriously, if those are your “Opening Fights”, you know this thing is going to absolutely blow the doors off the Sydney Superdome and the entire city of Sydney is going to KNOW that Sucker Punch Pro Series is rockin’ the town!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition!   Many of you already know them as the providers of Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q., THE energy loss reduction supplements!  For those of you who aren’t in the know on that, you should be, because this is the way you keep your fighter training more often and not taking sessions off to try to keep his energy above 90%!  If you aren’t using this supplement, hurry over and check them out today, you will not be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Bard vs. Daly II

Mike Bard (8-7-1) v Roger Daly (3-2-1)

Donkey, as I was saying in the intro, you absolutely know that this thing tonight is going to be off the chains when our first two fighters of the evening both enter the cage with winning records!  Bard and Daly meet for the second time in three months tonight after a prior meeting that saw them fight to a Draw!  Three rounds, neither could gain the upper hand, neither could finish, both had to sit back and sweat while they waited for the judges to…well, pass judgement!  And that judgement was that it was too close to call and as such…you know we have to see this again!

The first time these two met we saw two granite chins step into the cage trying to best the other.  Shots were thrown standing, with Bard mixing it up a bit more due to his kickboxing over Daly’s more straightforward boxing approach. But that fight also went to the ground and not just by one man’s doing.  No, both took the fight to the ground, Bard three times and Daly twice himself and from there it was a battle for position and control as they both tried to land some ground and pound with a couple sub attempts thrown in for good measure from Bard and even one from Daly.

Donkey’s Pick: Bard via Split Decision

Daly has previously taken part in both grappling orgs as well as KT.  So he’s no stranger to standing and striking alone or being focused on the ground game. You have to figure he’ll come to the cage tonight ready to mix it up a bit and perhaps change his approach slightly to get the advantage this time around.  On the other hand, Bard is an unbelievably well rounded fighter with all primary skills in the superb to remarkable range and a history of striking both standing and on the ground and even with a submission earlier in his career.  Who comes up with the game plan that not only takes better advantage of their skills and the weaknesses of their opponent, but anticipates and counters any alterations made by the opposing side tonight?  This one is anybody’s guess!  So I’ll just flip a coin!

Undercard Bout #2: Welterweights

John Fuller (10-7-0) v Ryo Hamada (7-4-0)

Seventeen wins and eleven losses Donkey!  Yes, as I said already, if this is what we get this early in the card we’re in for a hell of a night my friend!

These two have one recent opponent in common, Mandinos.  Hamada lost to Kahdi via submission recently while Fuller pulled off a decision victory.  But common opponents do not often tell the whole story and it’s how these two approach the fight tonight against the other that’s going to tell the true tale! 

Fuller does have a submission or two in his past, which might imply the ability to go the same route Mandinos used over Hamada, but the last of those submissions was close to a year ago at this point.  With seven fights since, and most wins via decision, it’s probably safe to say he’s a considerably different fighter now and that all those around him have evolved as well.  That said, Bard does still like to work the ground game and if a submission opportunity is there, he’ll definitely go for it.  But he’s shown a much bigger interest in working the ground and pound of late.

Some people, Donkey included I think, would say that Hamada’s loss via submission was a fluke and that it normally wouldn’t happen.  It’s the only time in his career he’s been downed in that manner and conversely he’s dished out more than a couple submissions of his own in the past.  Being that his strengths are fairly spread out it’s impossible to say which direction he may go tonight. 

Donkey’s Pick: Hamada via Decision

Hamada chose to go uber aggressive against Costune a couple fights back.  Given a slight disadvantage on the ground tonight I wouldn’t be surprised to see him once again plan to stay standing, but perhaps with a bit more cautious approach.  However, it’s not like he doesn’t have skills on the ground, so perhaps he feels he can hold his own if it goes there and just goes all out again anyway!  My feel is that this is Fuller’s fight to lose, but if he doesn’t finish it one way or another I think maybe Hamada sneaks away with it!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Cassus Fett (7-4-0) v Andre Powell (8-7-0)

Moving right along here, our third pair of the night will bring a couple of the big boys out to play!  Powell and Fett are both very ready for this battle tonight, both with full tanks and morale on high.

Fett makes his Sucker Punch debut tonight after previously having been with Dynasty MMA.  He started out his career rocking the majority of his opponents via TKO and KO.  However, it’s interesting to note that the second half of his career has been marked by decision wins checkered with losses via the same TKO’s and KO’s he’d grown accustomed to winning with.  His go to move of late seems to be moving to the ground to work the good ole ground and pound after brief forays into boxing.  It’s likely we may see the same approach this evening as he’ll have the advantage in both wrestling and Jiu Jitsu. 

Powell’s M.O. is typically to come out swinging bricks in both hands.  And when they hit just right they turn the lights out for his opponents.  He’s also not afraid to take things to the clinch when it makes sense as he did against Ballsawash a few fights back.  The downside to Powell’s approach is that he tends to have the brick returned to sender at times. He spilled intelligence in his original fight back in the day which will have some questioning whether his chin and/or heart is adequate or not.

Donkey’s Pick: Fett via TKO (Strikes)

If Powell can keep this fight on the feet tonight then the heart shouldn’t be a problem and he should have a significant striking advantage.  On the ground, under fire and assault from Fett, we may get a peek at whether he can stay strong or not.  Fett’s plan will be to test that to the max this evening.

Undercard Bout #4: Welterweights

Ramon Rabbit (11-10-0) v Lou Valentine (4-4-0)

Donkey, this next fight includes one of my own fighters in Lou Valentine as he prepares for a Welterweight battle with the always tough Ramon Rabbit. Now, the only downside to what should  have been a great fight here is that Ramon Rabbit’s “former” manager, Zenaral, apparently left the game unexpectedly after taking the fight and Rabbit now finds himself manager-less for tonight’s fight.  His morale is off as well and has been since his last battle and that certainly won’t help his situation tonight.

Luckily for Rabbit he has a significant MMAT registered ID advantage which should tilt the tables back into his favor some.  Granted, Valentine is a fast learner and has caught up in skill, at least on paper in primaries, quickly.  Rabbit will retain a slight advantage in Muay Thai tonight but Valentine brings the Jiu Jitsu advantage to the table with his brown belt over Rabbit’s purple.

Until Valentine’s most recent pair of fights one wouldn’t have necessarily worried about his ground skills and the brown belt advantage, thinking it was likely mostly defensive.  However, two fights ago Valentine demonstrated he has submission skills with a guillotine pulled off against RJ Cain.  Given that the first six defeats of Rabbit’s career all came via submission you’d think that this has to be an area of concern for his corner (or at least what’s there) tonight.

Donkey’s Pick: Rabbit via Unanimous Decision

What Hare in his optimistic, clearly blinded perspective seems to be missing is that Rabbit defeated Valentine’s stablemate, Revorg, not more than a few months back in July.  And he did so by not only surviving being rocked in the second round but also then surviving the submission ground assault from Revorg that followed.  Rabbit has serious defensive skills now on the ground these days and the days of losing via submission are pretty far back.  Valentine will need to watch out for a vicious, accurate attack on the feet that scores points with the judges as that’s how Rabbit defeated Revorg, Cobain and Dominguez, all solid opponents!

Undercard Bout #5: Light Heavyweights

Aleks Kuznetsov (7-6-0) v Abraham Barnes (7-7-0)

Well, here we go again Donkey.  What do you think, are you and I both going to go on and on about the same things it seems we always do when Barnes is scheduled to step into the cage?  Or are we going to learn our lesson this time and accept that despite Barnes appearing to have a shitty attitude and morale, along with some seriously questionable and smelling clothing, he finds a way to win and prove us wrong?

So yes, tonight Barnes once again has not changed his clothes…ever it seems as he’s still in his magic tighty whities…and he comes in about 35-40% off on morale.  Usually I anticipate that Donkey will hold that against him and pick in the other direction.  And usually that’s what happens.  And then Barnes goes and wins anyway as he has his past three fights.  Perhaps at this point, dirty, stinky clothes are a superstition and he’s just running with it?  Barnes is a full on boxer and he’s shown he can change things up, going accuracy one fight and then switching to a powerful, damaging approach the next. 

Kuznetsov is typically a striker as well and had been switching between streaks of wins and losses under his former management, Kniges.  Now, under new management with the Tirado team he looked to have found his way in the last fight against Rajantaka.  He was wining the fight right up until the final moments when a knee in the clinch scored a TKO on him and the night suddenly became much less enjoyable with a loss two seconds before the fight was over.  However, he was winning the boxing game up to that point and you could argue whether the clinch by Rajantaka in the third was going to be enough to turn the tide with the judges if it’d gotten there. 

Donkey always says that sometimes it takes a fight or two for a manager and fighter to adjust to each other.  Perhaps that’s the case here and that’ll make it interesting to see what Kuznetsov does differently against a diverse striker like Barnes.

Donkey’s Pick: Kuznetsov via TKO (Strikes)

You can try to goad me into changing my approach all you want Hare, but it’s not going to happen here tonight.  Not with this fight.  Barnes has slid by despite his bad morale fight after fight.  But eventually luck has to wear out and the lack of preparation will catch up to him.  I’m putting my chips on that happening tonight.

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

Jake Drake (11-3-1) v Count Dankula (7-2-0)

We’re into the Main Card here now and this is where things really heat up folks!  The fights from here on out are all big in their divisions and the action should be intense!  Both Dankula and Drake come prepared tonight and you know that means we’re getting their very best!

Dankula’s fortunes have been up and down since returning to action under new management.  It’s important to note that this former Featherweight champion lost a bunch of training time in between though so he can hardly be held to the same standards as before his former manager left him hanging out to dry. While he used to win by finishing with TKO’s and even one KO early on he’s now allowed his two wins to go the distance to the judges.  In between those two wins since returning he has a loss via decision as well, the first loss of his career, and a submission defeat. 

Drake will be laser focused on the one area he loves working and that’s the ground game.  He knows that this is one of Dankula’s weak spots and undoubtedly he’ll be bringing a nasty combination of ground and pound and submission attempts if he can get the fight to the mat.  But that’s what he’ll need to do to have this fight go his way as Dankula should have a clear advantage if they keep to boxing.

Donkey’s Pick: Drake via Submission (Kimura)

I’m just going to say this.  Dankula better have focused on his takedown defense, defensive grappling and escapes this past month. If he didn’t, this fight is going to end up in Drake’s kitchen very quickly unless Dankula has instead rediscovered his ability to deliver a quick KO or TKO finish!  This won’t go three rounds without ending up on the ground and once there undoubtedly Drake will have the advantage.

Main Card Bout #2:  Middleweights

Sirus Hall (12-7-0) v Leonard Nimoy (11-8-0)

Digging further into the Main Card here we’ll have two quality Middleweights head into the cage, each determined to prove they are the superior MMA warrior! 

Nimoy makes his Sucker Punch debut this evening under manager George Watts.  Formerly with SMASH, a change of scenery seemed to be in order for him after 5-2 with the promotion.  Granted, he was turning the corner some towards the end with two wins before a final loss as his last fight. One thing we’ll be keeping a close eye on is whether lack of preparation is a trend or just a one-off here tonight as his morale comes in less than ideal at about 13% off.  He has a granite chin and likes to throw haymakers with both hands and feet so a fast start and quick finish tonight could nullify the morale issue!

Hall was on a tear with five wins in a row at Sucker Punch here until he ran into Joseph DeAngelo in a battle that was designed to determine which of the two was inching closer to contender status.  DeAngelo came out on top after ending it in the second via KO and Hall was sent back to the drawing board.  That drawing board presented itself as Jarna Kuiva last month and Hall took out his frustrations that had lay around for a month with a second round KO finish over Kuiva.

Donkey’s Pick: Hall via TKO (Strikes)

Much like Nimoy, Hall throws bombs. Expect fireworks and other brutal shots as these two collide tonight!  If you’re a fan of striking…the type that’s done with bad intentions and ill intent…this is the fight for you tonight!  I’m hard pressed to give you a winner in this one, so I’ll go with the preparedness angle I typically use and pick for Hall over Nimoy’s slightly worse morale.  But the way these two throw down, I’m not convinced that’s going to have time to play in.

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Logan vs. Ozbourne II

Frankie Logan v Ziggy Ozbourne (10-6-0)

The last time these two Lightweights met was two months ago.  Logan was attempting to rebound from the loss of his belt to River and Ozbourne was the challenge presented to determine if he’d get a chance for revenge.  I’d love to tell you that he got past the challenge, went on to fight River and that’s how he now stands as champion again having come out the victor!  But…that would only be a half-truth.  The full truth is that Logan and Ozbourne fought to an unbelievable draw, one where the two both put in a fantastic performance with only Logan’s kickboxing having a higher focus on the legs than the body with his kicks versus Ozbourne’s heavy body kick approach.  But, we needed a challenger for the title and as the former longtime champ, Logan had more than earned and deserved that spot given an indecisive match.

With the draw to Logan, we needed a way to determine if Ozbourne had what it took to be an all-around top contender against varied competitors here at Sucker Punch.  So last month we threw him in a totally new direction against ground submission specialist, Furioto.  Ozbourne proved his defensive ground skills were more than up to the task, escaping nineteen submission attempts and fending off twelve of thirteen ground strikes. In the process he took it three full rounds getting solid and accurate shots in on the feet.  More than earning the victory and a shot at the title against the man he fought to a draw!

So now they meet again.  And this time, it’s not a shot to go fight for the title on the line…that strap is sitting fight there…and only one man can walk away with it!  Will Logan retain…or will Ozbourne earn revenge and some new hardware?

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Unanimous Decision

Tonight will be all about which of these two’s teams have helped them game plan the minor adjustments needed to overcome a virtual mirror image of themselves.  Only Frankie has the slightest of edges in wrestling with these two practically twins outside that and their physicals where Ozbourne is the taller, heavier fighter.  Despite the weight difference, it was Logan who was the more fatigued fighter when all was over after their draw.  So again…this fight comes down to management.  And luck.  It’s going to be an amazing title fight folks!  I’m going to go with the two-time champ in this one.  He’s only ever lost a single fight here at Sucker Punch, and that’s the one he avenged last month.  I have to see him lose again before I can stop paying him respect.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Featherweight Bout

Greg Connor (14-1-0) v Yellow Belt Casey (8-8-0)

No, you’re not seeing things folks.  Yes, that was a title fight just before this.  And yes, this is a non-title fight in the Co-Main Event slot.  That said, don’t expect to be let down with this fight!  This fight has tons on the line in the Featherweight division with a Title shot waiting for Connor if he wins…or Casey being one small step away himself if he should down the relative newcomer to Sucker Punch and prove he’s on top of his game these days after three wins in his last four fights!

This is probably the biggest test of Connor’s career as it’s against a talented ground submission specialist versus his striking skills.  Something he’s definitely seen before as he personally defeated the very talented, very dangerous Magnificent Chulalongkorn while over at BBFC.  Twice.  Both via TKO.  All while Champion.  After having been Champion at Checkmate as well. Where Chulalongkorn had been the same.  Are you getting the picture that Connor is quite the accomplished fighter who has taken out the best…including the man Chula who became a three time champ under three different banners after he won the title here at Sucker Punch!  If Connor wins this fight tonight, if he can once again knock the daylights out of yet another ground specialist…he’ll have the chance to prove that he too can be a three promotion champion!

Casey ran into a rough patch for a while earlier this year when he lost to Broklyn Red and then proceeded to fall to Cobain, Nagashim and Villarreal.  However, he turned things around with a win over Kongsangchai, getting back to his submission ways, and then avenged the loss to Villarreal. He stumbled a bit against Bremner in a decision loss but bounced back last month with another submission victory over Kalmisto, earning his sixth submission win of his career. Tonight is his chance to step up to the big leagues…to show that he can take on top talent and erase any memories of losses to the likes of Cobain and company.  Especially given that Connor is one of Cobain’s stablemates!

Donkey’s Pick: Casey via Submission (Armbar)

I know that Connor defeated Chulalongkorn not once, but twice.  And I know that says volumes about his ground skills defensively.  But, his manager hasn’t been around much and it’s hard to say how much true preparation he’s had for this fight.  And whether his head and heart are in it.  Casey could surprise tonight due to that!

Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Fury vs. Parker II

John Fury (10-2-0) v Jacob Parker (11-3-0)

Folks, Donkey…get ready for a hell of a throw down for the Sucker Punch Pro Series Light Heavyweight Championship!!!  Fury is now the Champion after his impressive forty second head kick KO victory over Lampi in September.  A belt that was taken by Lampi from Parker previously.  Hmm…no, that doesn’t set up any excitement here with the title changing hands several times and a fighter back to try to reclaim it, nah!

But here’s the kicker.  These two have met before.  Wayyyyy back in January of this year but that time around Parker was the defending champ with Fury the challenger.  Parker defended his title via a third round TKO despite having dropped Fury a couple times earlier in the fight but finding himself in shock when Fury was able to recover and continue bringing the fight!

So yes, this time Fury hold the belt and Parker wants it.  Fury has no intention of just passing it over upon request.  But he’s also under new management again.  Mac Little had come in and led him to three straight wins and a championship.  But, he’s left us and now, after this fight was already set, Fury finds  himself backed by an equally capable and legendary manager in Alex Maniatakos.  We can only hope that tonight’s battle is as intense as that prior fight, with these two landing brutal shots both in and out of the clinch! 

One of these men is not walking out of this cage without smelling salts or being asked what their name is!  That much I guarantee!  Former #1 and current #6 manager Maniatakos leads his man to war against former #1 manager and current #2 manager, Down’s warrior!  Ohhhhh baby!

Donkey’s Pick:  Parker via KO (Punch)

I’m going with the former two-time champ over current one time champ only because a manager change can take a moment to settle in and this one happened half-stride.  However, the skill of both managers involved cannot be overlooked and this is a battle for the ages!

So there we have it folks!  I won’t try to hype this anymore.  Just get your ass down to the Sydney Superdome tonight, there are plenty of seats and one is waiting for you!  Let’s rock Sydney to her core and make her feel like she just got kicked in the dingle dangles herself!  I’m not sure exactly how that work and all…but we’ll figure it out I suppose! 

• Upvote 7