Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

7 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

16033782021934.gif
Derwent Bolt

Before I even noticed the fight offer, my manager already had received a ... mental.... message from you, 'DONT WASTE MY TIME... bloeblablabla!!!' , written by five-year-old or perhaps you, but then I hope that you were drunk. 

Even funnier, that five-year-old stated that his fighter would be easy to beat, so already building up his defensive wall, while if anyone would have been in his right to make up excuses, it would be me. But I'm not. 

Just because your a special kind of idiot, with the confidence of a midget ginger with one leg, I'll let you sit tight before I accept. And oh, I will accept the fight offer for the scheduled date, don't worry, but I want to do you a favor first and teach you how to be more zen and patient. Sit tight, be a good boy. 

good-boy-dog.gif

Or you could just not be an awkward cringey coward and accept the fight. Not sure if you know this, but it is a fighting game, so you should accept fights instead of pussy footing around. I've got loads of hype on your shit midget fighter, I don't need this fight. I'll just have it cancelled if you want to play obnoxious womanly games

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Ok, while I'm not trying to fuel the fire here (but god, I can't wait for this fight already!)...I have to admit that this just about made me spew my drink all over the monitor...

1b548b6b840eb4caa79e1cabaf0622ce.png

16033782021934.gif
Derwent Bolt

Andy is 150% German (all capitals, even when a German wouldn't put them) and - 150% retarded. That makes him a... zero. 

Have patience my good boy. Zen. Sit. Learn to be a good boy and your reward will come. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12w1.jpg

John Fury

What are you guys on about? I'll make short work of the poor guy Hare has dragged into the octagon for tonight and take on both of you while I'm at it. Will anyway be a week of rest or so for me before that Bjorn guy can return a fight offer.

You wanna know why he is so slow? I got the real story, heard it from my new manager. It was back when Iain Tower was partying with Paddy. They got drunk one night and pulled a little practical joke on Bjorn.. or several. Found all his prepaid international postage and ended up sending greetings and stuff to a number of otherwise hard to reach fans like Mr Kim-Jong Un and some talibans. Obviously belgian police still has to go through all his mail. Ended up shipping Paddy too somewhere that night but that's another story.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bjornmma1 said:

16033782021934.gif
Derwent Bolt

Andy is 150% German (all capitals, even when a German wouldn't put them) and - 150% retarded. That makes him a... zero. 

Have patience my good boy. Zen. Sit. Learn to be a good boy and your reward will come. 

6 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

12w1.jpg

John Fury

What are you guys on about? I'll make short work of the poor guy Hare has dragged into the octagon for tonight and take on both of you while I'm at it. Will anyway be a week of rest or so for me before that Bjorn guy can return a fight offer.

You wanna know why he is so slow? I got the real story, heard it from my new manager. It was back when Iain Tower was partying with Paddy. They got drunk one night and pulled a little practical joke on Bjorn.. or several. Found all his prepaid international postage and ended up sending greetings and stuff to a number of otherwise hard to reach fans like Mr Kim-Jong Un and some talibans. Obviously belgian police still has to go through all his mail. Ended up shipping Paddy too somewhere that night but that's another story.

Ok, I don't give sneak peeks at the craziness that is my spreadsheets very often...but I'm making an exception here for the top of the division...because as I'm watching all this unfold in the forum here I'm looking at the spreadsheet and suddenly it dawns on me...Eemeli Lampi and his manager Taina are probably sitting up there patiently waiting...and looking down at all of this and asking, "What kind of a shit-show is this insanity?!?"  ?

6965cfce3b5e26d68b8102fba94890a6.png

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Ok, I don't give sneak peeks at the craziness that is my spreadsheets very often...but I'm making an exception here for the top of the division...because as I'm watching all this unfold in the forum here I'm looking at the spreadsheet and suddenly it dawns on me...Eemeli Lampi and his manager Taina are probably sitting up there patiently waiting...and looking down at all of this and asking, "What kind of a shit-show is this insanity?!?"  ?

16033782021934.gif
Derwent Bolt

Props on the spreadsheet, nice work! 

Glad to see such a committed org owner. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

Hare, you are such a nerd. I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1629213341SPPS_Poster_79.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 79

Hello everybody, Hare Rumpler here back with you today as Donkey and I get ready to look forward at SPPS 79 for all our amazing Sucker Punch fans out there!  Our last event, SPPS 78, where we tried moving back to Schooners Bar was a success though so you can expect that in the near future we’ll be toying around with some larger arenas so we can pack as many rabid Sucker Punch fans as we can into the audience and really show Sydney what’s up as we rock the city to its core!  For now though, we’ll be back over at the Bondi Outdoor Arena in its slightly more intimate atmosphere when we kick off the action this evening. 

We’ve got another fantastic card for you guys and gals tonight as should be obvious when the very first fight of the night features Count Dankula and Kaoru Nagashima!  Dankula is a name that just about every SPPS fan knows and this is a Featherweight battle that will certainly kick things off right this evening!  It certainly doesn’t stop there though as we have high octane Middleweights Duarte and Marka coming at you in the very next contest.  Things only keep snowballing from there as we have three sets of big boys at it over the next four fights all the way into the opening of the Main Card with just one other Middleweight bout in between. 

The remainder of the Main Card is “MUST SEE” Sucker Punch action as Machado and McGuire come at you representing the third and last Middleweight contest of the evening and certainly also representing some of the best that that division has to offer!  Two Lightweight fights will bookend a Light Heavyweight battle between Wieczorek and Fury as we close out the evening, with the fight between Fury and Wieczorek determining who will be going on to fight for the Championship next month. 

One side of that bookend will be Lightweights Pablo…well, um, not sure quite how to say this…but…Itzpapalotltotec…you sound it out, go ahead…and Maximus Furioto.  One of those two will take a huge step forward as a win will propel them into a Top Contender battle next month to see if they’re ready for a title shot!  And finishing off the evening on the other side of the bookends will be our Main Event and Lightweight Title fight between challenger Yip Man lii and defending Champion Guy River!  If these two weren’t getting ready to fight their own battle two fights later you can be sure they’d have their eyes on the Lightweight fight I mentioned a few moments ago as one of these two could be facing the winner of that match eventually!

So there we go, tons of fantastic action on tap this evening and we’re going to get a quick word in about our merchandise partner and sponsor here before we move on to take a peek at each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Count Dankula (6-1-0) v Kaoru Nagashima (7-8-0)

We’ll kick the night off here with a Featherweight contest that I know personally I just can’t wait for.  Sure, Nagashima has struggled a bit previously but up until his last fight with Thompson that he lost via submission he appeared to have regained his form and had rolled off three TKO victories in a row. 

Dankula, as many know, looked to be a beast who was going to hang around the top of this division for an extended stay after he won and established the Featherweight title at Sucker Punch following the Cockshot Sorter Series.  Unfortunately, while still champ, his manager went AWOL and it wasn’t until over half a year later that he re-emerged under current management.  He took the first loss of his career last month to a talented and upcoming Luke Skywalker via Decision in a contest that earned both fighters ‘Fight of the Night’ honors. 

Dankula is a boxer primarily but will work the ground and pound or the clinch if needed.  Nagashima, with those crazy ass eyes of his, is opportunistic and willing to do whatever it takes to get ahead and stay there.  Mostly he’s been focused on the ground game and dishing out punishment while down there these days.  He can pull off a submission, which he’s done in the past, but more often than not that appears to be as much a risk against him as it is an advantage for.

Donkey’s Pick: Nagashima via Unanimous Decision

This is an amazingly intriguing fight to kick off the evening.  It could easily go either way but I’m very interested to see how Dankula’s ground defense holds up if the fight makes it to the mat.  Nagashima has seemed to find his stride of late and I’m thinking he might find the edge here in this one.

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweights

Rogerio Duarte (12-8-0) v Luka Marka (8-5-0)

Our second fight of the evening features two Middleweights who are extremely well matched with Marka holding a miniscule edge in wrestling while Duarte has about the same margin advantage in Muay Thai. 

Duarte combined two wins in the QFC with two more wins upon his arrival after sliding on over to Sucker Punch here with us.  Riding a four fight winning streak and a ton of talent and confidence he went on to face Jacob Parker last month for the title.  He came up just short, getting stopped via KO just shy of two minutes in and now looks to rebound against an entirely different style fighter this evening in Marka.  Duarte is a striker and doesn’t seem to care how it happens, in or out of the clinch, whatever it takes.  His KO and TKO finishes against Hric in QFC and then Veidt here at SPPS were both settled quickly in the first with nasty shots that demonstrated he has sledgehammers when boxing.  Against the grappler Bjorn Akerfeldt, he switched to the clinch and dished out abuse for over three rounds solidly winning with the judges.

Marka is likely to want this fight on the ground where he can take advantage of his elite wrestling and brown belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He, like Duarte, is coming off a loss as he fell via submission to Tanaka Matsuda in July.  Typically Marka will work the ground and pound but isn’t afraid to go for a submission if the opportunity presents itself.  That’s not his bread and butter though, as dishing out punishment for the finish is the typical go-to.  With three losses in his last four fights Marka needs a big win here to help propel himself back up the ladder and start the march back towards contendership!

Donkey’s Pick: Duarte via TKO (Strikes)

Duarte handled himself well on the ground against Akerfeldt so I’m going to go out on a limb here and say his defensive abilities will help him get through the worst here tonight.  But this really does become a battle for where the fight takes place.  If the fight goes to the ground Marka clearly gains the advantage while keeping it standing will undoubtedly give Duarte the edge he needs to either finish or win with the judges.

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Teixeira vs. Powell II

Jairzinho Teixeira (10-6-0) v Andre Powell (8-5-0)

It’s time to get the big boys involved now that we’re halfway through the Undercard!  Teixeira has the slightly better record here while Powell comes in with slight advantages in boxing and Muay Thai, at least on paper as Powell is also the younger fighter at only 23 years old versus Teixeira’s 31 years. 

Powell has been on a hot streak of late, winning four of his last five fights, with only a loss to Ashwin Tyson marring that run.  This is a man who lives or dies by the (T)KO, Powell doesn’t seem to mind if it happens boxing or up close and personal in the clinch.  He showed against Ballsawash as well as Teixeira in their first meeting that he can dominate the clinch but also bested Sefina and Demon Mask with his boxing.

Teixeira has been on a roll of his own of late and has won three of his four fights since the last time he and Powell met.  Only Anton Meshkov found the answer to Teixeira’s dominant boxing over that period.  All but his very first fight here at Sucker Punch have been won or lost in the first round, so there’s no reason to expect a drawn out affair in this one tonight. The question will simply be…has Teixeira worked on his striking defense and clinchwork enough over the past six months to hold up to Powell’s attack or will we see a similar result as the first time these two met?

Donkey’s Pick: Teixeira via Unanimous Decision

With two heavy strikers involved I have no legitimate reason to think that this won’t be finished.  Yet I’m going on a hunch. Perhaps a poorly advised one, but one none the less!  As for the pick, I dunno, I love revenge fights and rubber matches, so let’s make it interesting!

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Bruno Souppe (2-5-0) v Jarna Kuiva (16-7-0)

Our next fight is a Middleweight matchup that could definitely be considered a ‘stretch fight’ for Souppe.  But that’s mainly because he’s fought almost everybody else in the lower end of the division and at some point you have to see one of the other guys, eh?

Coming off two wins via submissions Souppe certainly has a path to success here.  The question is, is it really the path of least resistance though?  Tonight, Kuiva will have the same purple belt in Jiu Jitsu and be the better wrestler on top of that.  However, most of that is probably defensive in nature as Kuiva has shown over all of his most recent fights that he is a pure striker, specifically, a pure boxer!  Even the one submission he has was because his opponent tapped out crying for mommy so he wasn’t getting hit anymore! 

Knowing that Kuiva is more than comfortable standing and striking, Souppe may still decide to take it to the ground figuring perhaps he can get the submission, but if not, he probably wouldn’t be too at risk there.  The other route, with his combined Muay Thai and wrestling being equal to Kuiva’s, would be to go the clinch route.  We’ll see what happens tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Kuiva via TKO (Strikes)

Souppe is going to be pressed most to figure out a way to get the finish or score points for a decision.  And he’ll need to do that while figuring out how to avoid Kuiva’s hands.  I suspect that scoring enough points on the ground barring a submission will be tough and that if he stays standing and can’t maintain the clinch he may get abused.  It’s a tough battle, he can win, but the odds look in favor of Kuiva.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Devin Hill (7-4-0) v Herleifr Conchobhar (11-5-0)

As we finish out the Undercard we have two more of the big boys ready to throw down at the Bondi tonight!  Much like the fights before them, these two are fully ready to rock as well and I can’t say it enough, I really appreciate it when so many of our fights are like that!

Conchobhar has been rockin’ through opponents of late with four wins in his last five fights, all here at Sucker Punch!  And when I say rocking, I do mean it as three of those wins were via TKO or KO!  As such, we have to consider him to be positioning himself for a run at the top and contendership.  That’s why tonight’s fight is a bit of a challenge fight to see if he can step up to somebody who on paper at least should be slightly more skilled. 

Devin Hill definitely meets that criteria!  He was on an absolute tear for a while with five wins in a row which earned him a title shot against former and longtime champ, Thoth Chontamenti.  Hill pushed that fight into the fourth round before eventually falling to submission but put up a heck of a showing in the effort.  After one more stumble to Kekkonen, Hill has been back at it again ripping through both Sefina and Republic over his past two fights.

Hill is a boxer primarily who will mix a couple kicks in here and there. While he doesn’t seek the clinch you’d be well advised to watch out for his pointy elbows if that’s where the fight ends up.  Conchobhar is similar…you’d need to watch out for the knees in the clinch but that’s not where he really wants to be.  If Hill wants to stand and trade tonight, he’s probably found the perfect dance partner to box with!  Only Conchobhar is a nasty headhunter who will throw significantly more shots to the noggin’ than elsewhere.

Donkey’s Pick: Hill via TKO (Strikes)

I’m going to go with the one who on paper should win this one.  Plus, I do like his slightly more varied attack.  However, this is a fight that was booked for Conchobhar because Hare believes he’s ready to step up to this type of competition.  As such, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Conchobhar cash in with a nasty shot to the ole melon on Hill!

Main Card Bout #1: Heavyweights

Ashwin Tyson (9-2-0) v Sam Cooper (6-5-0)

The last of our three pairs of Heavyweights will open things up on the Main Card for us with Cooper taking on Ashwin Tyson.  Both are fully prepped, as all of the fighters have been tonight, and woot, as I said on the last fight, I love that!

This fight was set up for much the same reasons as the last one between Conchobhar and Hill.  This time, Tyson here is the one who has been on a roll with three straight wins since joining Sucker Punch, including his first fight with us against Conchobhar!  That means it’s time for us to see if he can step up a notch on his travels up the ladder and towards contendership!  As a pure boxer, he’ll be looking to land those key shots to either get the finish or score enough points with the judges tonight.

Cooper will provide quite the challenge for Tyson tonight.  It should very much be noted though that Cooper will not be interested in standing by and being a stepping stone in any way!  A loss to Kekkonen via decision last month will have him gunning for a ‘W’ here to get things back on track.  Expect him to go back to the clinch quite a bit as he did in his win over Patrick Murphy.

Donkey’s Pick: Tyson via TKO (Strikes)

I should go the other way on this as Cooper is technically the more skilled fighter this evening.  I’m going on a hunch again here though.  This fight is going to be about who can dictate where it takes place.  I’m expecting Tyson to want to box while Cooper tries to go for the clinch.  Who can put the fight where they want it and keep it there?  When we have that answer we’ll likely know the winner also!

Main Card Bout #2:  Middleweights

Machado vs. McGuire II

Wanderson Machado (12-3-0) v Landon McGuire (7-2-0)

Machado came back after Mac Little left the game momentarily and we found he’d hitched onto the Bwang Jong Sr crew!  Under Bwang’s tutelage, Machado found himself ready to re-enter the cage and start making his mark again as a former and future Middleweight Champion at SPPS!  Within a few fights he’d proven he was ready and he snagged the belt from Landon McGuire.  After a successful defense he then lost to it Kazuma, so now he’s looking to rise back up to the top again for a third shot at the title. 

Who stands in Machado’s way?  Oh, nobody except, well, McGuire, who would love nothing more than a little revenge for the loss of his belt the last time they met!  The winner of these two is going to be one step away from a return to the title scene, as Obama Filth is already on standby awaiting the winner for a Top Contender battle and then a shot at the title in October.  Was that confusing enough?  Win here, you get Filth in September.  Win again, and you get the title shot in October. There, more clear?  Shoulda just said it like that the first time! Haha.

Joe River and Bwang Jong Sr are both awesome managers with a ton of skill and knowledge to help their boys along.  Expect and epic battle here this evening between two Middleweights with very similar approaches to getting in there and letting em fly!  It’s going to be the tiny things and strategy that help one of these two top Middleweight succeed tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via TKO (Strikes)

I’m making this pick solely to stir the pot!  Yes, I’d love to see this battle go back and forth a few times as it’s a fun matchup to see!  McGuire is going to be driven here.  But so is Machado.  Both know how to win.  This is going to be bloody awesome.  Quite possibly, literally.

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Pablo Itzpapalotltotec (11-4-0) v Maximus Furioto (14-6-0)

Here we are with our last fight of the evening before the Main Events!  And what a fun evening it’s been to talk about these fights up to this point!  I honestly cannot wait to see how things play out tonight over at the Bondi!

Furioto is a dangerous ground fighter with sensational wrestling and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu.  He had won five fights in a row before coming up just short against Yip Man lii.  That was unfortunate as that was the fight that would have propelled Furioto to his second chance at a Championship fight.  The first being against Frankie Logan back at Christmas.  He’ll want this fight tonight on the ground and be going for submissions, well away from the standup game and Pablo’s striking.

Pablo…well, if you ask me to say his last name, I will cut you.  Seriously!  Anyways, Pablo has won four of his last five as he arrives here at Sucker Punch.  He’s got a seriously good record from his run over at BFC/BBFC and then Blaze Brothers.  He’s the more skilled fighter tonight, with almost as good wrestling as Furioto and a black belt as well…but with superior striking on top of it all. It’s his striking that he tends to lean on, with an aggressive approach based upon accuracy rather than damage it would appear.  Expect him to work to get the points he needs for a decision tonight while trying to fend off the ground game of Furioto.

Donkey’s Pick: Itzpapalotltotec via Unanimous Decision

Pablo likes to take it to the judges and he’s got serious ground skills also, just likely not based on offense.  I expect him to weather Furioto’s storm on the ground and then get the points he needs on the feet in this one.  But…it only takes one submission locked in tight for Furioto to prove me wrong!  Whoever wins here tonight likely gets a shot at Ozbourne and with it a title shot potentially after that…if they win.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Light Heavyweight Bout

Lukasz Wieczorek (11-4-0) v John Fury (8-2-0)

Our Co-Main Event of the evening will have just a bit on the line as these two warriors are both seeking a Light Heavyweight title shot.  And the man they are about to look across the cage at this evening at the Bondi is the one standing in the way of that shot!

John Fury’s team has already been very vocal over the past day heading into this fight.  While his opponent tonight, Lukasz Wieczorek, wasn’t the direct target of his comments, the backhanded slap was still right there!  Fellow Light Heavyweights Jacob Parker and Derwent Bolt have had their manager’s going at it in a lovefest the past 24 hours ever since they found out they’d be facing one another next month.  So Fury chose that opportunity to smack two birds with one stone in this statement:

John Fury:  I'll make short work of the poor guy Hare has dragged into the octagon for tonight and take on both of you while I'm at it.

Wieczorek won’t roll over that easily without putting up a fight I’d think.  He’s been on a run ever since changing management teams and Alexei Smirnov has now led him to three straight wins here at Sucker Punch.  Those wins include one most recently over multiple time Top Contender, Mike Bard.  Wieczorek is a headhunter extraordinaire, throwing mostly head shots and based upon the results he’s had, throwing them like a ton of bricks!  

Fury is likeminded in his approach.  He too, would like to play in that brick tossing contest and will likely come in with some strategy that he hopes will give him the edge in that department.  Is this going to be a battle to see who can counter more effectively this evening, or do you think one of these guys changes it up and works the accuracy side of their game?

Donkey’s Pick: Wieczorek via TKO (Strikes)

My rationale for this pick is simple.  I believe both are going to be throwing some crushing bombs tonight.  Fury has previously been stopped twice via strikes.  Wieczorek has never lost to anything other than a decision.  He’s never been finished.  Therefore, advantage Wieczorek!  Unless perhaps Fury comes in and goes for the decision…then…all bets are off!

Main Event:

Lightweight Championship Bout

Guy River (8-3-0) v Yip Man Iii (12-2-0)

Here we go, the Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight Championship on the line with Yip Man lii challenging this evening at the Bondi against the reigning, defending champ, Guy River!  And boy, we couldn’t have two guys more evenly matched overall this evening!  Straight down the line, similar primaries and only their approach and techniques spell any difference here!

Man lii has literally been unstoppable for almost a year.  He had four wins at WPFA in a row before leaving and coming to Sucker Punch.  Now that he’s here he’s run off another five wins in a row! Up to this point he’s been hesitant to go after the belt but with a win over Furioto last month proving his ground game has finally come up to speed it’s finally time!  He’s a boxer but can bring a heavy clinch game to the table as well.  While he won’t expend a ton of energy or attempts to get into the clinch, he’ll certainly do damage there if the opponent chooses to go there instead!

River was a bit of a Cinderella story last month.  He’d been on a run of six wins and only one loss, with three wins in a row leading up to his title shot with Frankie Logan.  Frankie, the only Lightweight Champion the organization had seen up to that point, looked to be somewhat unstoppable. And then River happened, midway through the fourth round, with his solid approach of mixing up things between the hands and feet with his kickboxing…boom, a kick to the head lands and the rest is a series of strikes and a finish!

We’ll likely see a thrilling battle of River’s kickboxing versus Man lii’s boxing and clinch game tonight.  The man who brings that little something extra to the table is likely to walk away with the belt…will we hear “AND STILLL…” or will we hear “AND NEWWWW…”?  I don’t know but you better be there to find out folks!

Donkey’s Pick:  River via Unanimous Decision

I really don’t know folks!  I’m giving River the nod here in his title defense because, well, every good champion should defend once at least successfully!  But this is a tough one to pick and likely it could come down to war of attrition and who gasses out first!  I have an idea, oooh, yeah, let’s find out!

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Back to the Bondi tonight folks and I’m ready to see you all there!  Get on over, the show starts in just over five hours!  The tailgating’s already going great, so join in on the fun and get ready to rock Sydney to its core midweek!  It’s time to do this folks.

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Upvote 3

15971139911404.jpg

Man III

"Good job to my opponent.  I knew would be tough challenge, he deserves to be champ."

I knew 5k was too much of an ID gap and I paid the price.  Good job River, can't take anything away from you on a very solid victory.  Just very disappointed in myself for putting my fighter in a nearly impossible position to win just to chase gold.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1629213341SPPS_Poster_79.png

SUCKER PUNCH CHEAP SHOTS

'with NatiBatti'

Sucker Punch Pro Series 79

Nati’s Intro:  Since I have been informed that I cannot refer to you as “losers” in my greeting, I guess I’ll have to be nicer. So, on that note, hello “friends” and welcome back for another review. Since, like many other times, I didn’t write the preview for this, we will be judging Hare and Donkey’s predictions. Hopefully there was some good stuff tonight, so let’s start.

Undercard Bout #1: Featherweights

Count Dankula (6-1-0) v Kaoru Nagashima (7-8-0)

To start off the night, we had two skinny boys, Dankula and Nagashima, go at it in a featherweight bout. While Hare says Nagashima has lost fights via submission and won several fights via TKO, he did neither of those tonight. Instead he won by submission just short of 3 minutes into the first round. While I personally don’t love submissions, this one was pretty quick so I guess I approve of it. Donkey chose Nagashima to win here, so he got that right. He thought it’d be by decision though, but he was close enough.

Undercard Bout #2: Middleweights

Rogerio Duarte (12-8-0) v Luka Marka (8-5-0)

Up next, we had Duarte against Marka in a middleweight bout. As Hare said in the preview, this was a very evenly matched fight, so it is no surprise that they ended up taking this one to a decision. At least, that’s what I would’ve guessed, but Donkey had other thoughts, choosing Duarte to win via TKO from strikes, neither of which came true. Marka won unanimously after 3 good rounds of fighting, with some good action sprinkled throughout. All around it was a good fight, but some people seem to disagree, giving it a 48% rating.

Jairzinho Teixeira (10-6-0) v Andre Powell (8-5-0)

For the third fight of the night, we saw Teixiera and Powell square off in a heavyweight bout. According to Hare, both of these guys had some things going in their favor and some things going against them, but they had both been on a bit of a winning streak coming into this fight. This is arguably one of my favorite turnouts ever, with Teixiera winning via TKO from strikes less than a minute into the fight. A quick knockout? This early in the night? Who wouldn’t love it? Much better than a long fight with 20 submission attempts, if you ask me (there was one sub attempt in the 54-second fight, but we will ignore that). It looks like other people agree with me, as the fight earned itself a perfect 100% fight rating. Despite acknowledging that both of these guys are heavy strikers, Donkey still thought this would be won via decision. Foolish Donkey.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Bruno Souppe (2-5-0) v Jarna Kuiva (16-7-0)

The fourth fight of the night put Souppe against Kuiva (who I’ve personally never seen before) in a middleweight bout. This was the first of many consecutive full length, 3-round fights, so brace yourself. Unsurprisingly, since Hare called this a “stretch fight” for him, Souppe lost this fight. He did make it through all 3 rounds to a decision though, so good for him. However, when it came down to it, the judges unanimously chose Kuiva. It was closer than anyone expected, even Donkey who had Kuiva winning via TKO. Souppe even won the first round, but Kuiva out fought him in the later rounds to secure the win.

Undercard Bout #5: Heavyweights

Devin Hill (7-4-0) v Herleifr Conchobhar (11-5-0)

The final fight of the undercard had Hill and Conchobhar take each other on in a heavyweight bout. Despite seemingly having two different ways of fighting (based on what I got from Hare’s preview of this one, that is), these two ended up at a draw. There was a bit of good action in this fight, nothing super interesting though outside of the cut that Conhcobhar received early on, which is likely where it’s mediocre rating came from. Donkey has Hill winning this one and, seeing as it was a draw, he’s not wrong but he’s also not right. I mean, Hill didn’t lose, but he didn’t win either. Make of it what you will.

Ashwin Tyson (9-2-0) v Sam Cooper (6-5-0)

To start off the main card, we had another heavyweight bout, this time between Tyson and Cooper. Both of these guys are talented fighters, but Tyson had the much better record going in, which I guess would make him the favorite. Maybe? Anyways, I suppose that’s why Donkey chose him, but that was a mistake. Hare said that Cooper would be a challenge for Tyson, and I guess he was too much of one. The judges unanimously elected Cooper the winner in the end. A shame, as Donkey even stated that Cooper was the more skilled fighter and that he should pick him. But, alas, Donkey's hunch failed him. Go with the better fighter, Donkey, it usually works out better.

Main Card Bout #2:  Middleweights

Wanderson Machado (12-3-0) v Landon McGuire (7-2-0)

The seventh fight of the night, and second fight of the undercard, featured Machado and McGuire in a middleweight bout. I’m going to be honest, I don’t know what Hare was rambling on about in his preview for this one. It mostly looks like nonsense to me, but I’ll do my best to dissect it. This was the last of the 4 consecutive decisions, thankfully. We will be free soon. Exciting things lie ahead. From what I’m grasping, these two have a bit of a rivalry, as Machado took McGuire’s belt last time these two met. Winning this would put either one closer to reclaiming a belt for themselves, so I imagine pressure was pretty high. Donkey is struggling a bit tonight with his picks. He chose McGuire to win this one via TKO but, unfortunately for Mcguire and his manager, his need for vengeance wasn’t enough to win him this fight, and Machado took this one via unanimous decision. So close but so far, McGuire.

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Pablo Itzpapalotltotec (11-4-0) v Maximus Furioto (14-6-0)

As we enter the homestretch here, we got to see Itzpapalotltotec (This is the first time I’ve seen this guy, I already have beef with him just because of his last name) against Furioto in a lightweight bout. Even Hare agrees that Pablo’s last name is too much, and that’s saying something. Him and Donkey both just call him “Pablo”, so I’m going to go with that. I think Hare said Pablo was somewhere else before this. Maybe? If so, that’s probably why I’ve yet to see him before today. Either way, Pablo had a great record going into this and was on a winning streak so, naturally, Donkey chose him. But, like many others tonight, Furioto proved Donkey wrong, winning by submission a minute and 35 seconds into round 3. To be fair, Donkey did say, “ it only takes one submission locked in tight for Furioto to prove me wrong,” so he was onto something there.

Co-Main Event (Main Card Bout #4): Light Heavyweights

Lukasz Wieczorek (11-4-0) v John Fury (8-2-0)

The co-main event tonight has Wieczorek and Fury square off in a light heavyweight bout. Fury was awfully confident going into this fight, as Hare quoted him in the preview, and yet Donkey chose against him anyways. It didn’t work out for Donkey though, and Fury won via TKO from strikes just short of halfway through the first round. A good thing too, because it would’ve been really embarrassing to be that arrogant and then lose. But he backed up his smack talking with a win, and that’s all that matters.They were both cut less than a minute in, but Wieczorek got bad first and that’s probably what ended it for him. All around it was a good fight, but honestly I didn’t love it. Not as interesting as TKOs should be.

Main Event (Main Card Bout #5): Lightweights (Championship)

Guy River (8-3-0) v Yip Man Iii (12-2-0)

The final fight of the night was a bout for the lightweight championship, featuring River (defending) and Man lii (challenging). This one had both Donkey and Hare stumped, so to have it end with a knockout is very exciting. Plus, all championship fights should end with something fun like that. Nobody wants to see a championship won via something boring like a decision or, worse, a submission (gross, I know). But, thankfully, River knocked out Man lii a minute and 11 seconds into the second round with a punch. A sad way to lose but a great way to win, if you ask me. River retains his title and will await his next challenger.

Nati’s Conclusion: Donkey’s picks really suck. Especially tonight.

• Upvote 4

1629475027SPPS_Poster_80.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 80

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans! Hare Rumpler back with you and we’ve got SPPS 80 coming at you tonight!  I’ll be joined by Donkey “Dan”, our my colleague and analyst, as we take a look forward at this full card we have on tap.  No title fights or belts on the line this evening but still a ton of great action coming you all!

I’ll be honest, aside from telling you all what divisions are in play tonight (a quartet of Welterweight bouts, trio of Heavyweight contests and then a few miscellaneous with a Featherweight, Lightweight and last but not least, a Middleweight bout to end the night)…there’s not much more to say really.  I mean, I guess I just don’t have the gift of gab this evening because really I’m thinking we just get right into taking a closer look at each individual fight and go from there!  Alright, well, that sounds like a plan, so…we’re going to get a quick word in about our merchandise partner and sponsor here before we move on to take a peek at each fight in more detail!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Do you find that you’re resting your fighters too often? Two, three, maybe even 4 times a week sometimes?  If that’s the case, you’re probably not supplementing their training, and if you are I’m thinking you’re not doing it with Shadow Warrior Tea 160Q, which is Shadow Warrior Nutrition’s outstanding energy loss reduction supplement.  It’s the best money can buy and will keep your fighter in the gym training rather than sitting days out resting!  Stop on over there today, you will NOT be disappointed!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada (6-3-0) v DJ Costune (6-9-0)

There’s really not much need to analyze this fight.  DJ Costune comes into the fight on a two fight losing streak and has lost three of his last four.  His manager, Matthew White, has been MIA for nineteen days now (and we hope all is well in RL) which leaves him completely rudderless in this upcoming contest.  Add to that that Costune comes into this fight with zero morale and down about 15% energy and yeah, not exactly a recipe for success.

Hamada should win this one handily tonight with his submission skills.  Costune won’t have the heart, desire or motivation to keep this on the feet and will likely fall within the first or second takedown attempt.  From there, it’s a quick piece of work for Hamada to sub out what will likely be a listless and disinterested Costune.  A shame, Costune has been around a long time but if his manager doesn’t return soon this very well could be the last fight for him here at Sucker Punch.

Donkey’s Pick: Hamada via Submission (Armbar)

As Hare said, easy pickin’s.  Both for me and for Hamada!  And for all the reasons that Hare mentioned.  This is a “no contest” even though it will count as one!

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweights

Repus Revorg (5-4-0) v Akara Kongsangchai (2-11-0)

On paper at least, Revorg and Kongsangchai appear to be fairly closely matched.  If anything, Revorg will have the advantage in Jiu Jitsu while his slight advantage in wrestling is matched by Kongsangchai’s in Muay Thai.  That said, despite Kongsangchai being on a nightmarish EIGHT game losing streak, he should have the experience, secondary and possibly physical edge in this matchup tonight.  There’s no reason to think that he couldn’t and shouldn’t win this fight against a significantly younger opponent.

Revorg has had his own list of woes lately as he’s lost three of his last four fights and comes off a loss to Ramon Rabbit via Decision.  Decisions have been the bane of his existence of late.  Granted, he has been taking on considerably older and likely more skilled opponents of late.

Expect Kongsangchai to want this fight on the feet tonight while Revorg is likely looking to take whatever he can get.  Both can strike and Revorg showed two fights ago that he can pull a submission as well.

Donkey’s Pick: Kongsangchai via Unanimous Decision

Kongsangchai has about a 7k MMAT registration advantage as well as two years of age on Revorg.  That should easily make him the more experienced and more well-rounded/complete fighter on this matchup.  However, don’t count out Revorg’s considerable skills even at his age!

Bobo Brazil (7-4-0) v Jeppe Bjoergen (6-8-0)

Alright boys, I’d love to tell you that I’m in the condition to keep doing in-depth looks at each fight.  Unfortunately, that’s just not the case.  I took a half hour (ok, ok, hour) break in between the last fight and this one and suddenly I’m unable to focus or think very straight!  Hmm.  Didn’t realize that breaks between the second and third fights had that effect…oh, er, or maybe it was just that I started some Friday night drinks!  Either way, from here on out I’m just gonna give it the ole “ok, good try” and move on!  Haha!

Ok, now…where were we?  Oh, yeah, this is supposed to be about Bjoergen and Brazil I guess? 

Alright, after another hour break (yes, between this and the prior sentence…again), I’m back to give this another go!  So far…it’s not going well!  Let’s see, Brazil has the only primary skill advantage here with his wrestling.  Outside that these two are square across the board including with their energy and morale, both at almost exact levels with one another!

Bjoergen has been hit or miss since joining Sucker Punch as he’s alternated from loss, to win to loss.  All via TKO’s in one manner or another!  I’d say he’s been solely a striker in his career but he does have a submission victory just four fights back.  Brazil has struggled as well with three losses in a row, two of those here with us at Sucker Punch.  Perhaps tonight is the one that lets him find the magic with his kickboxing?

Donkey’s Pick: Bjoergen via Submission (Armbar)

Brazil has strong skills on the ground also but I think it’s mostly defensive. And that could be bad for this pick, obviously.  And bad for Bjoergen if he can’t get past Brazil’s D.  If that happens, I expect Brazil to have the striking advantage.

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Peter Beardsley (7-2-0) v Anton Meshkov (7-5-0)

Two big boys here with the only obvious skill difference being Beardsley’s Jiu Jitsu. Meshkov is a slight bit off on morale, probably not enough cause much concern, but still low. 

Meshkov was on a heck of a run with KO’s and TKO’s dished out generously.  He’d won five of six fights and then ran into Ashwin Tyson last month.  Tyson proved he was more than capable of hanging in there with Meshkov and took it to the judges for the win.  Meshkov like to hit and hit hard, and very much likes to aim those shots at his opponent’s melon.

Beardsley is on a hell of a run with not just three straight wins since joining Sucker Punch but a total of six straight combined from back in Pride.  At some point we’ll likely have to see if he’s ready to step up to the likes of Hill or Kekkonen to determine whether Beardsley’s ready for a run.  For now though, we’ll enjoy watching him put people on their ass as he adds to his collection of TKO’s and KO’s!

Donkey’s Pick: Beardsley via TKO (Strikes)

Both men have granite chins and only Meshkov has fallen to strikes in the past so far.  Both clearly have heavy hands as well, although that’s just an observational item from seeing each dish out (T)KO’s.  Who prevails?  Either the one with the luck on his side or…maybe Beardsley gets to Meshkov’s chin as a few others have?

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Yellow Belt Casey (7-7-0) v Jaxon Bremner (5-6-0)

Our next two fighters are also very evenly matched outside Bremner’s wrestling advantage.  Bremner started his career with a 5-2 record and was on the fast track at WCF.  He struggled in his last fight there though and then seemed to carry the baggage of that loss over into Sucker Punch for the three fights he’s had here so far.  Granted, due to Bremner’s skill level, those fights have been against top of the division talent which would thoroughly test any fighter.  Tonight is a bounce-back opportunity to turn things around!  We’ll see what tactics he decides to take tonight as Bremner has shown he can try to box, he can move to the ground and go for submissions, etc.

Casey had hit a rough patch of four straight losses between February and May.  Then, he started a turnaround with a submission victory over Kongsangchai.  Some would say that that signified a return to the basics for him as he’s enjoyed going for the submissions throughout his career.  He backed that win up with a Decision victory over Carlos Villarreal most recently last month.  Casey will typically box or go for the ground game with his BJJ, so we have to see if he’ll decide that one has more value over the other against Bremner!

Donkey’s Pick: Bremner via Unanimous Decision

This is a tough choice to make and there’s really no good reason for this pick other than “taking a shot”.  That’s really all there is to the pick.

Patrick Murphy (9-4-0) v Zygmunt Krol (4-5-0)

Krol gets a bit of rebirth here tonight in this Heavyweight matchup.  He’d struggled over his most recent stretch of fights here at Sucker Punch, going 3-2 overall in his SPPS stay but ending that run with two losses.  Former manager Action Jackson dumped and ran but Giuseppe Folioli stepped in ready to more Krol back into the win column.  Tonight is Folioli’s first chance to show what he could do with Krol!  Will his approach still be to come out throwing hands and feet as it had been previously?

Murphy has gone 4-2 while with Sucker Punch and earned himself a title shot after previously being on a total run of 8-1 including fights from BFC and FFS.  He was unfortunately subbed out by Chontamenti in the title fight and seemed to stumble on recovering from that loss as he went on to lose to Sam Cooper via strikes.  A big decision victory last month over Rock Silva has put Murphy back on track though and tonight we get to see if he’s found his way back to pushing fights to the limit and scoring more than his opponent with the judges!

Donkey’s Pick: Murphy via Unanimous Decision

Krol hardly ever wins fights that go to a decision.  Murphy tends to enjoy having them go to the judges.  Unless one of these guys finishes this fight, I have to go with that trend and pick Murphy.

Main Card Bout #2:  Welterweights

Ceedee Queen (6-4-0) v Lou Valentine (3-4-0)

Two very evenly matched Welterweights here with my own guy, Valentine, having a mild advantage in Muay Thai while Queen will have just a smidge of an edge in wrestling.  Queen will also have the slight experience and age advantage with his 3k ID head start.

Valentine has struggled along at just under a .500 pace so far in his career.  Given, his first fight was a test fight.  He’s proven so far that he can win via TKO, as he did with his first two wins at CMMA, or via submission as he did last month with a guillotine over RJ Cain. But can he hang in there physically or with his supplementary skills enough to defeat Queen?

Queen will stand and strike if he needs to or go for the takedown when he can so he can work the ground and pound, his choice of approaches!  He’s lost his last two fights and very much needs a bounce-back performance.  His experience and training over Valentine may prove the difference so long as he doesn’t get so focused on his strikes that he forgets about the danger to an arm!

Donkey’s Pick: Queen via TKO (Strikes)

Queen’s other skills and training that we don’t see on the data sheet are what should set him apart in this fight.  If he can control the fight on the ground, gain and keep dominant position and exhibit solid escapes and submission defense then this is his fight to lose.

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweights

Red Crow (9-4-1) v Ramon Rabbit (11-8-0)

The last fight before the Main Events is a huge one for the Welterweight division…just as the fight that follows this in the Co-Main event is as well and ties into this one for future impacts!

Stef Power just picked up Crow as a client recently with the departure of Esiah Xavier from the game.  Red has historically been a power hitter and should you fall to the ground, well, god help you against his ground and pound!  With only a short period of adjustment prior to the fight, due to Xavier accepting and signing a fight previously, it will be interesting to see what changes Power might introduce.  Previously, after a six fight win streak, Crow had gotten a chance at the belt, winning it from Ronnie Bass to become champ.  Unfortunately for Crow, he lost it upon the first defense to Juan Christiano, former champ come back to reclaim his belt!  Tonight’s fight could go a long way to putting him back on the path to revisit the title fights.

Rabbit is on a great three game winning streak against quality competition.  That competition includes Kurt Cobain two fights ago, former champion, who he downed via decision along with Revorg and Dominguez a month and three months ago respectively.  Rabbit is a kickboxer through and through.  A win tonight over yet another Top Caliber opponent would all but guarantee a Top Contender battle for Rabbit.

Donkey’s Pick: Rabbit via Unanimous Decision

I’m going with Rabbit here on the tie-breaker solely due to my theory that sometimes a fighter and new manager need a fight or two to get onto the same page.  That said, Stef Power, new manager for Crow, is no normal manager and may not require that adjustment period.  In which case, this fight just got a whole lot tougher for Rabbit!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Welterweight Bout

Baldomir Barbosa (10-5-0) v Rick Segura (5-2-0)

Our Co-Main Event features two more Welterweights that also have huge stuff on the line with this fight!  For Barbosa, a win would almost guarantee him a Top Contender battle next month that could lead back to the title fight for the division.  For Segura, the loss to Dalborg last month was a setback from almost being at Top Contender.  A win tonight against a top tier talent like Barbosa would make everybody forget about that loss!

Segura will throw a couple strikes for distraction, but his ultimate goal is to tie you up and put you on the ground so he can abuse the living hell out of you with strikes from above! 

Barbosa, coming off two wins now since his loss in the title fight to Juan Christiano, is looking to show that the last two fights were nice but that he can take out top of the division talent too and is ready for the show again!  He’s a hard striker also, but on the feet rather than the ground.  Expect this to be a battle to impose their will, one wanting the fight to stay on the feet, the other likely to want it on the mat.

Donkey’s Pick: Barbosa via TKO (Strikes)

I’d normally lean towards the ground fighter with significant skills wrestling in this one.  But Barbosa has proven in the past against the likes of Mandinos, Fuller (more than once) and Marchionni that he can handle a reasonable ground game defensively.  I think he’ll get his shots to end this on the feet even after the first takedown.

Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Bout

John Doe (8-1-0) v Tanaka Matsuda (12-3-0)

The winning of our Main Event tonight will put themselves within a fight or two of another title situation in the Middleweight division! 

Matsuda lost as the challenger two fights back and is now working on trying to tie wins together en route to a return to the peak.  He has sensational wrestling and a black belt in Jiu Jitsu that he’ll attempt to put to use this evening against Doe!

Doe, former champion in the Light Heavyweight division, has moved down a class and is ready to try to be Sucker Punch’s first two-division champ!  Having just come off the loss to Jacob Parker at Light Heavyweight, Doe will only need a win or two to establish himself as worthy of a shot here at Middleweight.  Doe has faced ground specialists like Matsuda before in the likes of Derwent Bolt so he’ll prove tougher than most Matsuda has seen when it comes to overcoming ground defense.

Donkey’s Pick:  Doe via TKO (Strikes)

I think what Hare said is the key.  Doe has proven he can handle himself defensively on the ground.  And that may be the difference maker tonight if Matsuda can’t finish quickly.

So there we have it Sucker Punch fans!

Get on down to the Bondi tonight folks and join the party!  The tailgating’s already going and Sydney is ready to have us make some noise!  It’s time to do this folks.  SPPS 80, Tonight!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series 355k+ style!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

On 8/21/2021 at 1:28 AM, HareRumpler said:

All around it was a good fight, but honestly I didn’t love it. Not as interesting as TKOs should be.

12w1.jpg

John Fury: "First I maul a guy for 2 rounds and finish in third.. not good enough. Then totally crush the next one right away in the first just like I said I would.. not good enough. Come on, there is just no way to please this lady, what does she want from me? A sucker punch KO already at the press conference maybe? That would be some way to win the belt."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

12w1.jpg

John Fury: "First I maul a guy for 2 rounds and finish in third.. not good enough. Then totally crush the next one right away in the first just like I said I would.. not good enough. Come on, there is just no way to please this lady, what does she want from me? A sucker punch KO already at the press conference maybe? That would be some way to win the belt."

Nati's response: If you're going to be that arrogant going into a fight, I expect no less than I quick KO. 

On 8/22/2021 at 12:29 PM, jjsquirrel said:

12w1.jpg

Yeah, she's not pleasant if she doesn't like your name, your game, your look, or your style.  But if you likes you, she'll shower you with flowers!  So just change your name, grow some hair, act like a fairy, and KO everyone within the first 10 seconds of the fight and she may actually say something nice for a change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nati’s Intro (SPPS 80):

First off, you are all very judgy. No need to hate. I’m doing my best. I’m just stating my opinions, but you all feel the need to be mean. Very unnecessary. Anyways, we are back at it again to write a review for a night that Hare and Donkey did the preview on, so we will see how it goes. It looks like there is a good mix of methods of winning, so hopefully it’s exciting. Also, Hare said don't get too excited. This is from last Friday, Hare's still working on the one from last night. 

Undercard Bout #1: Welterweights

Ryo Hamada (6-3-0) v DJ Costune (6-9-0)

To start off the night, we saw Ryo Hamada against DJ Costune in a welterweight bout. Despite Hare and Donkey both claiming that this wasn’t really a contest, Costume managed to stay in it for all 3 rounds. Did he win? No. But he also didn’t get knocked out, so that’s something. Costume actually matched Hamada pretty well in round 2 and even beat him in round 3 but, in the end, it wasn’t good enough and the judges unanimously chose Hamada. Donkey chose Hamada, so one point for Donkey. We won’t count the method of winning tonight. 

Undercard Bout #2: Lightweights

Repus Revorg (5-4-0) v Akara Kongsangchai (2-11-0)

Up next, we had Repus Revorg against Akar Kongsangchai in a lightweight bout. Just looking at Kongsangchai’s record, I wouldn’t have picked him here. An 18% win rate isn’t good. It does not give me faith in your ability to win a fight. And, unsurprisingly, he did lose. He lost by submission, but it took less than 2 minutes and only one attempt, so it’s not like Revorg was spamming it. Therefore, I actually don’t mind this submission. I approve. We will let it go in peace. Plus, if I remember correctly, I think I liked Revorg. It’s been a while since I’ve written about him so I’m not really sure. “Closely matched,” said Hare. It didn’t seem closely matched to me. But ok. Donkey even chose Kongsangchai. How silly of him. No point for Donkey. 

Bobo Brazil (7-4-0) v Jeppe Bjoergen (6-8-0)

The third fight of the night was a heavyweight bout between Bobo Brazil (I like his first name. Bobo is fun.) and Jeppe Bjoergen. It looks like Hare started slacking on the preview at this point in the night, so we will be going off less here. Donkey picked Bjoergen here since he had the advantage in everything except wrestling, but Brazil decided to win it anyways.it was close and it came down to a decision but, alas, it didn’t work out for Bjoergen (or Donkey) as the judges unanimously chose Brazil the winner. I like Brazil better though, so I’m happy with this outcome. No point for Donkey here. If the previews are shorter than usual, does that mean my reviews are allowed to be shorter too? I think it does.

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Peter Beardsley (7-2-0) v Anton Meshkov (7-5-0)

Next up, we had Peter Beadsley and Anton Meshkov in a heavyweight fight. Heavyweight fights are the most fun. They have the highest chance of knockouts in my experience. And it looks like that applies here. Beardsley knocked out Meshkov just before the end of the second round with a couple of big right hand hits. Donkey had Beardsley winning this one, so point for Donkey. That puts him at 50% tonight. Donkey did predict that it would be won by TKO or KO no matter which way it went, so good for him. I’m also convinced that slight differences in morale do matter, I don’t care what Hare thinks. I will continue to use that as a factor whenever I write previews (which isn’t often these days). Meshkov had slightly lower morale and lost, I’m just saying. Coincidence? I think not. 

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Yellow Belt Casey (7-7-0) v Jaxon Bremner (5-6-0)

The final bout of the undercard was a skinny boy slap fight between Yellow Belt Casey (Yellow Belt is his name? That’s weird.) and Jaxon Bremner. Featherweight bouts are always the least interesting because, again, in my experience, there is the lowest chance of a knockout. I have seen it happen though and it was pretty exciting. They usually go to a decision, and this one wasn’t an exception. After 3 good rounds of fighting, the judges unanimously elected Bremner the winner of this one. Donkey got this one exactly right, choosing Bremner via unanimous decision, so another point for him. Look at that, Donkey’s got 3/5 right. That’s already better than the last one I wrote about, where I think he got a grand total of 2 right. 

Patrick Murphy (9-4-0) v Zygmunt Krol (4-5-0)

The first bout of the main card was a heavyweight fight between Patrcik Murphy and Zygmunt Krol (Who names their child Zygmunt?). Donkey had Murphy winning this one via unanimous decision but he was very wrong. Krol won via TKO from strikes 11 seconds into the second round. I guess the first round was the warm-up and Krol decided to really start fighting in the second round. Not saying I’m disappointed, as Murphy is a bit weird looking. Actually, not a bit. The dude’s face is quite creepy. He looks like a human and a doll at the same time. Donkey said Krol wouldn’t win because he doesn't win via decision so, naturally, Krol didn’t let it go to a decision. Anyways, while I didn’t think the fight was awful, others clearly disagree, giving it a 30% fight rating.

Main Card Bout #2:  Welterweights

Ceedee Queen (6-4-0) v Lou Valentine (3-4-0)

Next up, we saw Ceedee Queen and Lou Valentine in a welterweight bout. Despite Valentine being Hare’s fighter, Donkey went ahead and chose against him. A little rude, if you ask me. But apparently Donkey always chooses against Hare’s fighters. News to me. It didn’t work out for Donkey, though. Valentine ended up winning by majority decision after 3 long rounds. It was a pretty close fight all around, so it’s no surprise that it ended so close. Not even the judges could completely agree. One of the judges had it at a tie. There were a few too many sub attempts in there for my liking, but we will have to put up with it. It seemed like Queen had a bit of an advantage going in, so it’s a bit of a surprise that he didn’t end up taking this one. 

Main Card Bout #3: Welterweights

Red Crow (9-4-1) v Ramon Rabbit (11-8-0)

The eighth fight of the night, and the third bout of the main card, was a welterweight fight between Red Crow and Ramon Rabbit. This fight ended just over 3 minutes into the first round when Crow knocked out Rabbit with a big right hand. This was a good fight all around with some decent action sprinkled throughout. Donkey had Rabbit winning via decision, so he was wrong in both aspects here. I guess the new manager that Donkey mentioned is, in fact, working out quite well for Crow. Rabbit put up a good fight though and we look forward to seeing what he will do in the future. Hopefully more wins for both of them. Clearly other people enjoyed this fight too, as it earned itself a 79% fight rating. 

Co-Main Event (Main Card Bout #4): Welterweights

Baldomir Barbosa (10-5-0) v Rick Segura (5-2-0)

The co-main event tonight was a welterweight bout between Baldomir Barbosa (a very fun name, if you ask me) and Rick Segura (not as fun of a name). If you look at their record going into this, you’d notice that Barbosa has over double the fighting experience that Segura has. So, for that reason, I would’ve chosen Barbosa for this one, and Donkey did too. Unfortunately, we are both wrong as Segura won via unanimous decision. Looking at the pictures, Barbosa’s beard is graying which implies that he’s probably getting old. He’s probably not in top shape anymore so we can’t really blame him. Hopefully he makes a good comeback after this fight. I like him so it would be a shame to see him go on a losing streak. Not that I think it will happen. I’m sure he will come back and win his next fight. I look forward to seeing how he does. 

Main Event (Main Card Bout #5): Middleweights

John Doe (8-1-0) v Tanaka Matsuda (12-3-0)

The main event of the night was a middleweight bout between John Doe (The lack of creativity in naming this guy is actually astonishing. I don’t like Doe much) and Tanaka Matsuda (I root for this guy by default).  Unfortunately, Donkey had him winning this. However, fortunately, he did not win. Matsuda won 2 minutes and 58 seconds into the first round by submission. With only one submission attempt, Matsuda got Doe into a Guillotine submission and forced him to tap out. Honestly, I’ve lost count of how many Donkey has gotten right and wrong tonight, so let’s call it 50/50 (ish). According to Hare, this win puts Matsuda within a fight or two of a title opportunity. So best of luck, my friend, and better luck next time Doe.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

LOL  nobody is being mean young lady.  Saying things like "How boring" for every other fight or "Sucks to suck" will not win many friends around here.  Most of us would consider that being mean.  And, even still we don't have a problem with that.  But you must expect to get it served back to you from time to time.  So, be mean and spit little quips to down managers and/or fighters, and they will on occasion shake a stick at you with some dog shit on the end of it!  lol

(The lack of creativity in naming this guy is actually astonishing. I don’t like Doe much)

(Who names their child Zygmunt?)

(Yellow Belt is his name? That’s weird.)

I find these little additives quite funny, myself.  But if it were one of my fighters that you were throwing shade at, you can bet I'd throw a little back.  Just know it's in good fun!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bleakardor said:

I find these little additives quite funny, myself.  But if it were one of my fighters that you were throwing shade at, you can bet I'd throw a little back.  Just know it's in good fun!

Exactly, I also find those comments funny as well as the different perspective from someone not playing the game. But my pixelated fighters however, they take this dead serious!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

LOL  nobody is being mean young lady.  Saying things like "How boring" for every other fight or "Sucks to suck" will not win many friends around here.  Most of us would consider that being mean.  And, even still we don't have a problem with that.  But you must expect to get it served back to you from time to time.  So, be mean and spit little quips to down managers and/or fighters, and they will on occasion shake a stick at you with some dog shit on the end of it!  lol

(The lack of creativity in naming this guy is actually astonishing. I don’t like Doe much)

(Who names their child Zygmunt?)

(Yellow Belt is his name? That’s weird.)

9 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

Exactly, I also find those comments funny as well as the different perspective from someone not playing the game. But my pixelated fighters however, they take this dead serious!

LOL!!!  ?  Just so you guys know, she is fully aware that she's inviting shots and putting herself out there with her own "meanness", hahah!  And she's just playing along with the whole "First off, you are all very judgy. No need to hate. I’m doing my best. I’m just stating my opinions, but you all feel the need to be mean. Very unnecessary."  Trust me, as you already probably well know from her writing, this kid is one of the most judgy individuals I've ever met!  We tell her daily, "My god, you are so judgy!" here around the house.  Seriously, she's just "playing" the hurt and misunderstood one here knowing full well that she's been a judgy brat! hahaha!  I have to tell her all the time, "Hey, don't make my managers and fighters hate us girl!"  lol!!!!

As Deadpool would say, "Oh, look at me, I'm a 15 year old girl.  I'm full of mean comments, followed by long silences, followed by more mean comments!"  hahaha!

• Upvote 2