Sucker Punch Pro Series (Unrestrained) Opens in Sydney

HareRumpler

15688555832258.gif

ESPN: Congratulations on the great win against a very good opponent Frankie. This makes a record breaking 20 wins and 15 title wins in Sucker Punch. What is next??

Logan: Its all about legacy now Jimmy. I have heard rumours that there is an opportuinity for a super fight against the GAMMA 155 champ. Me and my team would love to make this a reality and represent SP. All depends on the boss Mr. Hare

• Like 2

1666272161SuckerPunchHoF.png

SPPS HoF - 2022H2

Folks, I want to take a moment to send brief congratulations to each of the members of our VERY FIRST SPPS Hall of Fame Class!

Please note that this class was voted on by a (double) handful of committee members who were asked to do so without any regard for alliances, friendships (or otherwise), personal preferences, etc.  To be judged solely by their merit both in regard to their records here at SPPS but careers overall, although I know some gave special consideration to those who had helped SPPS become what it has and I'm all good with that!

From this point forward, we will be doing induction classes every 6 months.  Both on our anniversaries in April as well as in October each year.  This initial class is larger than normal classes will be as it's making up for not only what would have been our first year anniversary but the two classes beyond that. 

For those on the list below, please note that the HoF listings, such as the list of most recent ones here ( https://mmatycoon.com/mmahalloffame.php ), include both the 500 characters that are in the fighter's profile bio at any time, plus an additional 500 characters that can be put in as an Org Note for the fighter. An example is here: https://i.gyazo.com/127fa28830cd54f02d5c8838c5b9d01b.png

I'll be asking each of the primary managers for these fighters if they prefer anything specific in that Org Note or if the base information we provided for voting is what they want to see.  Our SPPS Hall of Fame is not populated yet, but will be shortly and we'll be modifying these entries as we receive information back...as well as putting up a bigger post in our forum and news afterward!

So, without further ado, please congratulate the following individuals on making it into the SPPS Hall of Fame as part of its initial class:

1666272161SuckerPunchHoF.png

Featherweight:

15783608061537.gif

Petsuwan Sitsongrit (355161)

Manager(s) (most recent to earliest):

Theksit Ruengruong (117485)

Featherweight:

14856844305227.png

Magnificent Chulalongkorn (355049)

Bjorn O'Donnel (94172)

Valentina's Ass (110608)

Lightweight:

15688555832258.gif

Frankie Logan (355088)

P J Jones (123962)

Welterweight:

15920609386546.png

Konrad Wagner (361085)

Don Xyel (22998)

Middleweight:

15752474832049.gif

Wanderson Machado (356659)

Alex K. (84400)

Bwang Jong Sr (91781)

Mac Little (122462)

Mark Roland (131621)

Light Heavyweight:

38w12.jpg

Radu Dracul (361589)

Zuc Nibali (131958)

Heavyweight:

16005442112393.jpg

Thoth Chontamenti (356713)

Dries Flucht (140773)

Mikey C (132940)

Arcalimon the Coach (101071)

Esiah Xavier (130168)

Heavyweight:

15511587086720.jpg

Hero Shima (358008)

Carlos Castenada (84794)

A warm and heartfelt, no cheap shots or blows to the dingle dangles included at this moment, congratulations to our initial eight inductees!!!

• Upvote 4

Dust Settles... I DON'T | Dust
When the dust settles is used to talk about what happens when things become clear or calm after a period of change or confusion. "I'll call you as soon as the dust settles from the move". "When the dust settled and the votes were recounted, she had won the election". "You should let the dust settle before you make any big decisions".

If you let the dust settle before doing something, you let a situation calm down before you try to do anything else.

This adage may work in tandem with the calm before the storm, and when the storm is over then the dust can settle.

But those among us who are great don't settle, there is no calm there is just the storm, perpetually in motion, beautiful, powerful, awe-inspiring. The storm end and the dust settles when they end and all that is left behind is a legacy.  

No need for hall of fames. No need for accolades. A burning desire for greatness, about that special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, maybe below the cockles, maybe in the sub-cockle area, maybe in the liver, maybe in the kidneys, maybe even in the jar of pickles. We don't know…

Sometimes a sequel can be greater then the original conception....

How Many Sequels Were Better than the First Movie? | Rope of Silicon

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dominic Trujillo  VS14232416879438.jpgNumber 2 Stock Photos, Royalty Free Number 2 Images | Depositphotos
Dominic Trujillo (293294)      "Mr. Pickle" Edward Mills (360004)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

sds.thumb.jpeg.fa36c73df4e00775906408523259e0b8.jpeg

Matt Lawrence: Helloooo everybooody! This is Matt Lawrence, bringing to you MMA freaks another episode of The Lawrece Minute. Today, we are here to interview the current SPPS Lightweight champion of the world and Hall of Fame inductee, "The Evil Scotsman" Frankie Logan!!!

15688555832258.gif

**The camera shows the entrance of Frankie Logan, who sits next to Matt. They shake hands. He's with his SPPS belt on his shoulder.**

Matt Lawrence: Frankie, first of all, what a pleasure it is for us to have you here tonight. You, sir, with only 30 years of age, are being inducted to the SPPS Hall of Fame. I'd like to take a moment to congratulate you for it, it's very well deserved and makes complete sense, as you have been in SPPS for a long time - since the very beginning of your career - and not only been there, but competed in the highest level. Tell us a little bit about how did you get into SPPS.

Frankie Logan: I had only competed low level grappling and won a TWGC div. 4 title. I then joined Sucker Punch when they had a starter tournament to open the org. Fortunately I won the lightweight division and have been part of SPPS ever since.

Matt Lawrence: You were definitely one of the most dominant champions of the organization in your first championship run with seven title defenses, then you had your second run, making up to two defenses before losing it to Mister Mediocre. But you got up and got the belt back from Mediocre. Can we expect a trilogy with Mediocre anytime soon?

Frankie Logan: Yeah, sitting at 15 title victories so far. I have had a couple of bad runs but I always come back better. Now I am very comfortable in my strengths and have a solid style for all match ups. Yeah, Mediocre is a decent fighter and beat me the first time but it was very comfortable victory for me in the rematch. I’m sure we will meet up again but to be honest he lost to my next opponent, so with 2 losses in a row I am guessing Hare will make him get a couple of decent wins against top opposition before he gets another crack.

Matt Lawrence: It makes sense. Now, taking a good look at your division today, who do you think presents the biggest threat to you, your game and your belt?

Frankie Logan: I think there are many guys with the potential to challenge. My next opponent is in the best form of his career so will worry about that fight before worrying about the rest of them, but guys to mention are Furioto, River, Cobain, Mediocre but I have beaten them all comfortably in the past.

Matt Lawrence: Indeed you have, Frankie. And you are still very young. We know that you are now fighting for your legacy, and that a superfight against Yodsingkhun Sitsongrit might happen anytime soon. Can you share any details about it?

Frankie Logan: Nothing to announce yet but there was media speculation about a super fight and I have to say I am definitely down for it and put my hand up when I heard about it. Hopefully there are negotiations between the two orgs going on in the background.

Matt Lawrence: Besides that, what more do you expect for your own career from now on? What can we expect your legacy to be?

Frankie Logan: I still love fighting and intend to extend my win and title records. I do need to prove myself against all comers as I am now #5 LW in the world and I want to improve on that.

Matt Lawrence: Terrific, Frankie! Look, there are some questions we collected from our audience from our online channels. Let's do a quick back and forth, shall we? What's the biggest win of your career so far?

Frankie Logan: Nothing stands out to be honest, I love fighting and I love winning. There has been a lot of fights and a lot of wins, its all a blur. I'm thinking my best wins are still ahead of me.

Matt Lawrence: That's a hell of an answer! What about defeats? Which defeat was harder for you to digest?

Frankie Logan: Probably the losses at 145 lbs? I don’t know what happened there but losing to guys like Greg Connor was pretty embarrassing. Not knocking anyone but I should never lose to fighters like that.

** Matt Lawrence nods and looks down at the card in his hand, to read the next question. **

Matt Lawrence: Uh...what's your favorite...heavy metal artist?

Frankie Logan: Too many to mention but I'm a classical boy at heart so I say BLACK SABBATH!

Matt Lawrence: I knew it! You do look like a Black Sabbath fan!

** Matt Lawrence giggles and looks down again, to read the next question. A confused look shows up on his face.**

Matt Lawrence: Ugh...if you had to eat only one thing for the rest of your life...what would it be?

**"This one was yours, wasn't it Bobby?" Matt mutters to the cameraman with a disapproving look on his face.**

Frankie Logan: Steak and chips with a Guinness on the side. And fook the haggis.

Matt Lawrence: I'm not going to lie, that does sound like a good choice. Well, finally, Frankie, I usually like to take the final moments of the interview and give the interviewee an open space to speak about anything, send a message, sing a song, recite poetry, anything. The mic is yours!

Frankie Logan: The Evil Scotsman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08UBNSWFLI8&ab_channel=ParanoidPhilosopher

Matt Lawrence: Fantastic!!! Ladies and gentlemen, this was Frankie Logan! Frankie, thank you so much for your time and congratulations again on the Hall of Fame induction! Keep doing what you are doing because it's certainly working, and we from The Lawrence Minute definitely hope to hear more from you soon! To our audience, once again, thanks for putting up with us! We'll be back soon! Bye-bye!!!

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

14856844305227.png
Magnificent Chulalongkorn
24-9-0

(95,83% of my wins by stoppage)

2022 Tycoon's 145lbs Olympic gold medalist
4x Sucker Punch 145lbs champion
2x Combate 145lbs champion
1x Blaze Brothers 145lbs champion
4x Checkmate 145lbs champion

ohof.jpg

Thank you Hare for the amazing partnership that we had!
Altough I will be enjoying my retirement, I will 100% miss your amazing org and the fun times I had here.
The HOF-badge that I received is a major show of appreciation and respect.

Some people will say that I retire too early, but I am a wise man.
With my manager no longer having the time to prepare me, I wouldn't be able to keep up my form.
This means that I likely would have been forced into a decision machine in order to secure easy wins and my damn God, I would rather jump out of an airplane without a parachute into a sea of piranhas (in case the jump somehow didn't kill me)....

See you guys on the other side and much love to SPPS and Hare!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain
SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 204

Hello out there Sucker Punch faithful!  FINALLY…the side hustle for me and Donkeyhas finally settled down a bit and allowed us to get back to providing a look forward at our upcoming fights.  That means, yep, you guessed it, we’re taking a look forward at SPPS 204 here that will fire off tonight over in Los Angeles, California!

And boy did we get back at this at just the right time as there’s not just one, but TWO big championship fights on the card to be battled out at the Colliseum this evening!  Logan versus Lentz will be a showdown for the strap in the Lightweight division while our Main Event of the evening will bring you the baddest MF’ers in the land as Heavyweights Riker and Fuentes lay down to see if Fuentes can retain…or if Riker will walk away truly being…number one!

You’ll get a ton of other great action in the run up to all of that, with much of tonight’s focus being on some of the middle to upper tier Featherweights.  Three fights set to go for that division makes it the second most represented this evening outside the big, BIG boys who also have three fights set to go.

Alright, all that said, it’s time for me to quit babbling and for Donkey and I to get moving to that look at each fight in depth!  But first, a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition and let me tell you if you’ve been dragging your feet and haven’t gotten over to their store or one of the many kiosks at the events lately, you’re missing out!  And, soon, you may miss out entirely until next month!  Right now, they solely have their primary product, “Marvelous Marvin Hagler Energy Injections”, in stock.  And if you’re looking to keep your boys training longer, without as many breaks, these are the supplements you need!  But keep an eye out for when their products get restocked, because Shadow Warrior also now has “Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high-end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Undercard Bout #1: Light Heavyweights

Frog Ribbit v CJ Robinson

We’ll get things going here with a little Light Heavyweight action between Ribbit and Robinson in a little battle we like to call “Win and keep playing, lose and go home!”  Why?  Because both have struggled of late and both have seen their rankings drop to the point where we’ll have to let one who comes up short go.  Do you think maybe they’ll collude to bring this thing to a draw and call my bluff?  Maybe! 

When it comes to preparation for this fight, Robinson and his team have already shown they don’t want it quite as badly as Ribbit’s squad does. Robinson is coming in with his morale off between 15-20% and that certainly won’t help.  It doesn’t mean a loss necessarily, but…it just doesn’t help. 

Robinson will have the advantage in primaries as he has slightly better wrestling and the better Jiu Jitsu in this one. He better hope that some ground action is in his future because if that advantage doesn’t come into play then I would think the chances slide over to Ribbit considerably.  Looking at his history though, Robinson is more or less a pure striker, and a boxer at that.  There won’t be too many silly kicks or slaps coming from him.  He goes for the KO as he’d done for seven straight fights between QFC and Sucker Punch (with one IC&E contest mixed in there) from February through August this year.  Unfortunately, the past two months have turned on him and he’s suffered TKO’s at the hands of Tacoronte and Wieczorek and as such needs to bounce back here.

Ribbit’s recent run is actually a bit more in dire straits than Robinson’s.  Sure, he won his fight two back against Ecker, but he’s got two losses over his last three…and more concerning, has gone 2-5 over his last seven stretching back from SPPS to CFC prior to the merger and SMASH before that.  He also is very much a striker like Robinson so we’ll have two guys with a similar approach heading to the cage for this one.  The downside for Ribbit here is that he’s fallen quite a bit of late to KO’s…and that’s exactly what Robinson is going to be hunting for!

Donkey’s Pick: Robinson via KO (Punch)

Hare seems to be leaning towards Ribbit in this one due to preparation issues for Robinson and also due to Robinson’s edge on the ground likely being negated due to a love of standing and trading shots.  But that’s exactly why I’m going the other way here…this fight will stay on the feet and Robinson knows how to end it in dazzling fashion!  I’m calling for the big KO to kick off the evening here, compliments of Robinson and delivery being taken by Ribbit!

Undercard Bout #2: Featherweights

Azacca Trounvouche v Cleon Wright

The first of our three Featherweight matchups tonight will see Wright and Trounvouche both arrive in the cage fully amped up, focused and ready to rock!  Love that! 

Trounvouche will have the advantage in Jiu Jitsu tonight but that’s unlikely to matter as he very much prefers to fight for decisions with high quality kickboxing skills.  With back to back losses coming into this contest, Trounvouche definitely needs to find the win column but it’s probably not do or die this evening.  But nobody wants to see a trio of losses up on their recent fight list and that’s what would happen if he takes the ‘L’ this evening.

For Wright, this is more or less a ‘must win’ fight this evening.  He avoided being let go from the org last month by snagging a great win via highlight reel head kick KO over Anti Happy, but his rank due to four losses over his last six fights is still leaving him vulnerable. That said, there’s always some leeway for a guy who can excite the crowd like he did last time out and that may buy him a bit more rope!  He showed against Happy that his ground defense is more than up to the task in any given fight but that’s unlikely to be something he has to worry about here.

Donkey’s Pick: Wright via TKO (Strikes)

Trounvouche doesn’t fall to a finish very often but it has happened in the past…as recently as this past September two fights back against Idowu.  Wright and his camp will know that and probably be looking to continue their trend of putting guys on their asses.  So this fight turns into a matter of can Wright finish or does Trounvouche string this thing along and get the decision?  I know what the fans want to see, and I’ll pick that way just to give them hope!

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweights

Nick Barkley v Andor Kovacs

Moving right along here we reach the midpoint of the Undercard with Middleweights Kovacs and Barkley set to represent!  Kovacs will have the ground advantage this evening but much like our first two fights it’s unlikely to have an impact as he’s very much a kickboxer.  Both fighters are prepped, so hopefully we’re in for a good one!

At still well under 1k in P4P ranking, Kovacs is still very safe despite having gone on a tough 1-3 run over the past few fights from July on.  That said, he’s faced some tough competition as well, so good on him…but no doubt he and his team want to get back to the W’s more often than those nasty L’s!   He was up for the title shot at CFC prior to the merger but lost to Yarbourough (the second time they’ve met, same results…) and you can bet he’d like to see himself in position to look at a belt on the line again here at SPPS.  That quest needs to start with a win here tonight.

Barkley and his crew must be dizzy from watching his results do their best tennis impression over the past six months as he swings from win to loss to win to…well, you get it.  He’s coming off an impressive win over Blikstein that I’m sure he’d like to duplicate this evening.  That fight saw him use his clinch and Muay Thai abilities and that could be a great approach here again tonight!

Donkey’s Pick: Barkley via TKO (Strikes)

Going with the idea that Hare might actually be on to something here and thinking that if Barkley can get the fight into the clinch tonight he could control and score enough points to win…or even get the finish.  Don’t expect Kovacs to cooperate willingly with his plan though!

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Olli Lindholm v Thiago Araujo

Lindholm will come into this Heavyweight showdown off close to 10% on his morale this evening.  I don’t know if that means a win or loss, but it’s certainly not the best approach.  Donkey will undoubtedly agree with that!  Outside that, these two are well prepared, so I’m expecting a fight the fans will really appreciate!

Araujo will have a small advantage in both ground primaries while giving up a tiny edge in Muay Thai.  And he’s going to want to take every and any little advantage he can get tonight and work it the best he can in that cage!  He’s coming off two losses which were against some of the tough dudes in this division here at SPPS, but he run at CFC prior to the merger had left a lot to be desired so he finds himself on shaky ground from a P4P ranking perspective.  His win over the Beast, Thoth Chontamenti, two fights back in August needs to inspire him to bring his best again tonight.  He can pull off some submissions, that’s for sure, and with that ground advantage tonight he’d be nuts not to go for one again!

Lindholm is going to bring what he typically brings to the cage…a bad attitude and the burning desire to hurt somebody!  And it doesn’t matter to him whether it’s standing and striking from range or moving up close and personal in the clinch.  What he’s going to need to watch out for tonight while he tries to impose his will…mostly via his fists…upon his opponent is the potential to end up on the ground and fending off submissions.  He lost back in May to Mike Holmes Jr via guillotine and there’s no doubt Araujo will be looking for some variety of “uncle” here tonight.

Donkey’s Pick: Araujo via Submission (Kimura)

Hare said it all.  So it’s just up to me to decide if Araujo gets this to the ground or not this evening.  And I think he does.  If, of course, Lindholm doesn’t turn out his lights first!

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Brady Jean Baptiste v Tom Bickle

Our second Featherweight contest of the evening and also our last fight on the Undercard before the place really gets crazy!  But let me tell you, you’re about to get a Main Card caliber fight here between Bickle and Jean Baptiste!!!  Both men are fully prepped and ready to get in there and no doubt have been laser focused on preparing for their opponent for weeks now!

Bickle will give up the advantage on the ground but to be honest I wouldn’t expect Baptiste to take it there anyways.  So…this becomes a standup battle...where Bickle needs to find a way to best the former SPPS Featherweight champ!  He was on a tear at CFC prior to slipping over to Dynasty in August before then slipping on over to us here at Sucker Punch.  Now, his debut here disappointed both he and his team because it left a potential quick path to a title fight just wasted in the cage.  But hey, moving to Bardia Farrokhzad was no easy task and he bounced back nicely with a win over Heller Cabrera last month!  Baptiste is a huge test and would likely put him only a step away from being right back into contender status!

Baptiste can get a decision victory with the judges better than most fighters out there (barring maybe a Sitsongrit!), but the beauty to this man is that he can also finish you if you start taking his shots too lightly!  He’s got solid wins over Jain and Trounvouche in the past two months and looks to have recovered from the losses to Joseph and Kalmisto that many thought may have rocked his confidence.  If he truly is back in form, we may be seeing the Bapstiste of mid to late 2021 again…and that’s a championship caliber Baptiste!

Donkey’s Pick: Baptiste via Unanimous Decision

This one is likely Baptiste’s to lose as he’s been more than formidable against the majority of the Featherweight division here at SPPS for a long time!  Now, that said, Bickle isn’t historically from SPPS so this is a new adventure for Baptiste.  Baptiste has shown an ability to get the tough work done in the clinch in the past and there is a very good chance that that’s the route he’ll try to take against this elite technical striker tonight in Baptiste.  So I’m saying Baptiste, but I wouldn’t be one bit shocked if Bickle pulls it off!

So there’s the Undercard folks!  Donkey and I are taking a bit of a break but wil be back within the next hour or two with the Main Card look ahead!

Main Card Bout #1: Featherweights

Lemmy Bang v Marcos Sanchez

Alright folks, Donkey and I are back from our break and here we go into the Main Card events for the evening at SPPS 204!  The last of our three Featherweight contests is up next in what my daughters would call a skinny-boy slap-fest!  But these two are more than your average skinny boys…nah, these two are two of the most talented Featherweights in MMA and you know they both have that eye of the tiger…both fully prepared and both backed by solid teams in their corners!

Sanchez has the slight Muay Thai advantage this evening but gives up the edge on the ground.  This kid has been through a lot over his career...and by “a lot” we mean a lot of managers!  He’s on his fifth manager now and the second to accompany him to the cage here at SPPS.  This well-rounded fighter has six wins in a row, including two QFC fights, a contest at CFC prior to the merger with SPPS and then three here at SPPS, the first under former manager Rene Callisto and then two more under Ivan Solomon! The man is rising up the ladder fast and is becoming a threat to everybody above…he can win via decision, with his striking or with a submission…so there’s plenty to fear.

Bang has enjoyed a pretty darn successful run himself of late although it seems it took the merger from CFC to SPPS to really get his stride going and get that consistent success.  He was a bit back and forth prior to fighting in the Sucker Punch cage but over the past three months he’s dispatched legend Ryan Anderson, Peter Petersson and tough striking Godefroy Courtial!  And…oh, I just love this because it’s going to give Donkey fits…he’s just as versatile as Sanchez with the ability to win anywhere and any way in the cage!

Donkey’s Pick: Bang via Submission (Armbar)

One of these two is going to prove that they have what it takes to move up into the contender’s portion of the division in the near future, if not immediately following this fight!  And yeah, thanks Hare.  I always appreciate it when you match up two guys who can move all over the damned cage and leave you guessing what they might do in there!  Bang really does love his ground game and…he’s got the advantage in primaries with wrestling and Jiu Jitsu tonight.  So I’m going with that for the win!

Main Card Bout #2: Heavyweights

The Devils Outlaw v Mike Haggar

Moving right along and we’ve got two nasty Heavyweights all fresh and ready to throw down!  Both with morale on high, energy topped off…yep, it’s on like Donkey Kong!

Haggar comes into this fight on a great run overall at 4-1 over his last four and a win in the fight prior in October as he was able to TKO Ali Amir halfway through the third. He’s a man who loves to rain down the pain with some ferocious ground and pound. Only a loss to William Riker, who is now fighting for the belt, has slowed him down over his recent run. 

Outlaw gives up a slight edge in most primaries to Haggar tonight but ultimately could be ‘the man to beat’ as he’s run off three wins in a row and looks well positioned to make a push for Top Contender soon!  That said, he’ll need to focus on the here and now…and that means Haggar!  He’s earned ‘KO of the Night’ honors in two of his last three fights including the last over Olli Lindholm where he was able to come out from the bell with the combo from hell that left everybody wondering what happened!  Five seconds, he went like this…he went like that…and that was that!

Donkey’s Pick: Outlaw via KO (Strikes)

This contest will be decided based upon whether or not Haggar can get the fight to the ground without having his block knocked off in the process of trying!  If he can get it to the mat…and keep it there…he’ll have a great chance of winning.  But if not…ooh, my head already hurts just thinking about the headache he’ll have in the morning!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Frankie Logan v Leon Lentz

e1af6ab182835faaae274886ef6e3984.png

The middle of our Main Card…technically not one of our Main Events this evening…but damn, you might as well consider tonight’s card to be one with THREE MAIN EVENTS folks!  Yep, you get your money’s worth here at Sucker Punch ladies and gentlemen!  Lentz goes after newly inducted Hall of Famer, Frankie Logan’s, SPPS Lightweight Championship title here this evening!  Both men are fully prepped, as you’d damned well hope for…and expect!

Lentz came out of Gamma Contenders with three wins over four fights and two back to back wins before moving over here to SPPS and a chance to really find out what he’s made of at the highest level of MMA competition. And boy did he make the most of the opportunity and move!  Three wins in a row over former champ Verreira…then up and coming, fast rising star Jesus Christ Karter…and then over none other than the relatively longstanding former champ…Mister Mediocre!  That win right there was the clincher folks as Mediocre hadn’t lost to anybody in SPPS since his debut other than the champ himself, Frankie Logan!  So…to be the best… you have to beat the best…Lentz did that against the former best…now he goes after the G.O.A.T. of Lightweight…Frankie!

Don’t expect Frankie Logan to come into this fight taking it lightly.  He did that ONE time on his career…ok, two if you count what some call a flukey TKO he suffered at the hands of Guy River…and Mediocre capitalized. He managed to avenge that loss two fights back to regain his belt but don’t think for one moment that the break in what would have been potentially a historic run of defenses didn’t bother him and I’m thinking he won’t be up for having it happen again any time soon!  Logan is a decision machine and technical striking master…but don’t get too comfortable thinking that’s what you’re up against and all you have to plan for!  Just when you start to think that, Frankie brings the finish via TKO or submission and you’re left going, “Uh, what just happened?!?”  Don’t be that guy!

Donkey’s Pick: Logan via Unanimous Decision

All that.  What Hare just said.  It’s all true.  Even the stuff about Logan. And I still can’t go against the trend.  Odds are always in my favor if I pick Logan via UD.  And I’ll do it here as well!  Be the one to prove it wrong now and then…go ahead Lentz!

Co-Main Event:

Featured Middleweight Bout

Kiryu Kazuma v Zawisza Czarny Z Garbowa

682eab54fa866c36353a0fa08e227845.png

Our Co-Main Event gives you a chance to take a quick peek at the future…er, or the past and potential future…er…of the division?  I’m not sure what I was really going for here, but basically these two are big time Middleweights, two of the absolute best in the business, and they’re about to clash.  And the one who wins likely goes on to a title shot soon, possibly with one more.  Yeah, something like that.  That’s what I meant!  That, and well, one has been there, one hasn’t…yet…damnit, I should just stop while I’m ahead…or behind…I dunno, I’m confused again!

Garbowa is being given a lot of respect here because he’s a former champ from not only Iron Wolf back in its day but also more recently Blaze brothers.  He was a Light Heavyweight at IW but switched over to Middleweight with his move to Blaze.  So he’s won at two different weight classes and knows what it takes.  His recent run leaves a little to be desire, as he lost three in a row between May and September, including his debut here at Sucker Punch against Zett Jukassa.  He bounced back for a big win over a talented James Yarborough though and that’s got a lot of eyes here at SPPS looking at him closely!  He’s extremely skilled on the ground with spectacular Jiu Jitsu skills…and the red belt to show it…and sensational wrestling.  The ground is his friend and submissions are his opponents’ worst nightmares…don’t let the recent decision against Yarborough fool you!

Kazuma will see Garbowa’s prior championship titles and raise him that his are more recent and here at the unrestricted level with us at SPPS!  Recently up on the ballot for the Hall of Fame, Kazuma narrowly missed being a first ballot HoF’er for us by one vote. Undoubtedly he’ll be looking to cement his legacy with another title run and the chance to be ushered into the Hall on the next voting cycle…but the chance to do all of that starts right here against a very dangerous Garbowa and he’ll need to be fully focused on delivering the blows that count tonight while avoiding Garbowa’s scary ground and submission game.

Donkey’s Pick: Kazuma via TKO (Strikes)

That rascally rabbit known as Hare is on a roll tonight and I really don’t have a lot to add here as he threw it all right there on the friggin’ table for ya folks!  I’m going to give the nod to the former SPPS champ here and the fire that’s probably in his gut after not getting voted into the Hall on first try!

Main Event:

Heavyweight Championship Bout

Pedro Fuentes v William Riker

7788b91cd80b2af0dce5d07c9dfaf22e.png

And here we are at the Main Event folks!!!  And when I typically say, “It’s the big fight of the night!”, it has nothing on saying it this time around because literally this is the biggest fight of the night in every sense of the word “BIG”!  These two behemoths are ready to clash and both are just about fully prepped with only Fuentes missing a sliver of energy and morale.  OK, I lie, Riker is missing a sliver of morale also…but none of this means anything because both are so close to topped off. Wait, what’s that Donkey? So why am I even bothering to blabber about it?  Er, I dunno, filler?!?  HAHA!

Riker has the advantage on the mat this evening with the nasty black belt over Fuentes’ purple in Jiu Jitsu.  Sometimes that doesn’t mean a damned thing because it’s mostly defensive and the guys end up just standing and going at it anyways.  Now, I’m not saying that that won’t happen here, because Riker is known to be able to stand and throw also as he did Ara Tiotio back at CFC, but one thing is for sure…if he can get it to the ground, you’re looking at a dizzying display of strikes thrown at your head and potential submissions when you’re distracted! 

There’s no hiding what Fuentes is about and he’s not trying to either.  Son, if you don’t pay attention you’re getting your head knocked clear across multiple state lines! That said, Fuentes has shown an issue with cuts in the past and if Riker gets him to the ground and starts working that nasty stuff that could become a problem…and nobody needs to be bleeding all over while trying to fend off both strikes and submissions!  So look for our current and undisputed champ to do what he does best…punch his opponent in the mouth and see if his plan still feels good!  Thank you for the paraphrased reference Mr. Tyson!

Donkey’s Pick: Fuentes via KO (Punch)

Our Heavyweight champ has been champ not just here but also at SMASH in their SHW division as well as at Enigma before that.  He knows what it takes, he won’t have any jitters or nerves…he’s just there to get the job done.  And that’s why I have to give him the nod.  It was just be disrespectful not to!

We’re all set to get things heated up over at the Colliseum tonight folks!  Hope you’ll be there with us in Los Angeles but if you can’t make it to the left coast…or even the US for that matter, then we hope you’ll hang with us as we’ve got you covered with an amazing THREE HOUR PPV that will not disappoint!  We’ve spared no expense and you’ll get three hours of some of the best action and production you could ever ask for!

Till then, have fun and don’t forget…

Keep it cheap and dirty…Sucker Punch Pro Series style!

• Upvote 4

SUCKER PUNCH PRO SERIES - ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Huge kudos to all of you folks out there in Sucker Punch land!!!

1636834755SuckerPunchOrg_Logo_Unrestrain

*WE*, and I do mean 'we' because this is as much you guys as it is me, have just broken into the Top 3 Worldwide for the first time as an org!!!  A fantastic event last night for SPPS 204 pushed us over the top and while we'll bounce around quite a bit, this is still a great achievement!  

3b8fbd2ab158dffbf746338bfad1d81a.png

248e34f421f5f9f7d368e494d5edd310.png

I absolutely love seeing this, folks!!!  As an aside, if you haven't given us a feedback rating, feel free to do so, good or bad! If there's something that holds you back from giving us a 5* rating, please, give me a holler and we can discuss! I'd love to work on some constructive feedback if it's there peeps.

FYI, for those who don't know, contract ratings/feedback are given by going to your contracts page, and then clicking on the red X/green check up in the top right!  No obligation to do so folks, but for those who wanted to know!

1a7cfd0d60aa21c7046fd97c1716a7e5.png

• Upvote 3

15812997724248.png

While the burden of age wears down on Kazuma it's hard not to notice the difficulties, sometimes it takes a bit to get back to where he was, his focus on training really needs to be prioritized to keep himself at the top of the food chain like never before and he can't go into fights cold like he used to, the loss to Mickey Garcia and being denied his rightful place in the HoF have sparked a new fire in him and the ferocity from an old dragon will leave the canvas scorched and burned. 

Good luck to Matsuda in his coming title defense, hold that title so we can bring the next round back to Japan in the ultimate battle.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1669066014SPPS206_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 206

Hello out there Sucker Punch fans worldwide!  We’ve got a fantastic week lined up here at SPPS headquarters as this is one of our now (thankfully) rare three event weeks!  Fans everywhere will be treated to SPPS 206 tonight…which, speaking of being thankful will be a treat for MMA fans in the United States as Thanksgiving is tomorrow!  Then, a post-Thanksgiving follow-up will take place on Friday as SPPS 207 comes roaring right in on the coat tails of today’s event!  Not to be called a finale though, fans will be ‘Gibbs smacked’ right in the head with a third event on Sunday for SPPS 208!!!  So I hope you’re ready for fights, fights, and…MORE FIGHTS…this week folks!

Today’s SPPS 206 is even more special as Thiago steps in for the Main Card Previews!  His boys Matt Lawrence and Luke Palmer are all set to bring you The Lawrence Minute which will be a really great change of pace for everybody!  Donkey and I will provide the Undercard Preview here to warm you up for that goodness!

About all the fun that’ll take place this evening in Los Angeles at the Colliseum…I’ve got even more to throw at you!  The card has been picked up by “Betting Hero NY”!  So we have odds on all the fights tonight and you have an opportunity to go try to make some cash moolah baby!  For those who are unfamiliar with BHNY, jump on over and have a look:

1630853669attachment_115024941.jpg

Now, before we jump into the really detailed stuff for each fight, let’s talk about what this card specifically brings to the table tonight at SPPS 206?  Our Main Event of the evening is a continuation of back and forth Super Fight action between Sucker Punch Pro Series and GAMMA!  Previously, Hero Shima went over to GAMMA on October 29th at GAMMA 970 and unfortunately for us and our fans here at SPPS, he fell to GAMMA’s very own big dog, Karim Johnson.  L  Yes, sad, I know! But tonight we have an opportunity to even the score!  Our big man on the block for Middleweights, the Undisputed Sucker Punch Pro Series Middleweight Champ, Tanaka Matsuda will take on GAMMA’s top Middleweight and Champ, Jack Spratt!  Unfortunately those naughty odds makers at Betting Hero NY have us as the underdog in this one, but trust me, this dog…Matsuda…has bite!  Zeke Gunner will lead his boy Matsuda to the cage as they attempt to defend SPPS pride and honor against another big name manager at SPPS, PJ Jones, who will be the “bad man” this evening as his boy Spratt represents GAMMA.  I can’t wait!!!  It’s HUGE BABY!

And…there are more SPPS-GAMMA fights coming in the future!  As well as a couple SPPS-SYN fights coming at you on December 11th!  Don’t ever say that Sucker Punch doesn’t hook up the big action folks!  We’ve stepped into the Super Fight League battle scene and we’re intent to show that the boys we boast here at SPPS are some of the best in the business, if not THE BEST!!! 

Alright, all that said, it’s time for me to quit babbling and for Donkey and I to get moving to that look at each fight in depth!  But first, a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

1584375781SWN.jpg

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition and let me tell you if you’ve been dragging your feet and haven’t gotten over to their store or one of the many kiosks at the events lately, you’re missing out!  And, soon, you may miss out entirely until next month!  Right now, they solely have their primary product, “Marvelous Marvin Hagler Energy Injections”, in stock.  And if you’re looking to keep your boys training longer, without as many breaks, these are the supplements you need!  But keep an eye out for when their products get restocked, because Shadow Warrior also now has “Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high-end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Beaudell Beckham Jr (+133) v Vinny Corcoran (-163)

We’re going to start things off for these pre-Thanksgiving (in the USA) festivities with a little Light Heavyweight showdown between Corcoran and Beckham Jr this evening!  And I’m really proud of these two, as they come in just about fully prepped and sometimes you don’t see that in the early fights from both corners!  WTG boys, I love to see this…and it certainly goes a long way towards getting a little extra leash if needed. One of these two may appreciate that, as barring a draw one is going to take the ‘L’ this evening and that MAY push them over 1500 or so P4P ranking.  That’s the bubble line we have drawn, but we’ve been a bit more flexible now that we’ve got the roster to right around 170 or so which was our target. 

Corcoran has the edge in boxing and wrestling…not by a lot mind you, but he has it!...but gives up the belt advantage to Beckham Jr with his brown belt versus black. Corcoran is not typically one to look to move things to the ground and tonight should be no exception in that regard.  He’s typically more interested in kickboxing his way to victory, and with some big shots too when he gets things to land just right.  We’ll see what Donkey has to say with regard to what to expect from him tonight, but with two losses against first Averyanov and then Tacoronte leading up to this fight I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes some changes.

Beckham Jr comes into this fight tonight as one of Aaron Work’s best and brightest!  He’s gone 3-1 since joining us at SPPS after a management change from the Apoka squad and his sole loss during that period was a very close majority decision against Kuznetsov.  I’m thinking that if the Corcoran crew wants to keep this on the feet and go at it this evening the Beckham squad may accommodate as Beckham Jr brings some power to the cage with his striking and, while he’ll mix in the occasional kick that seems more like a distraction than anything else, will go heavy with shots aimed at the noggin.  He likes his combos also!

Donkey’s Pick: Beckham Jr via TKO (Cuts)

Hare, the oddsmakers have this one swinging in Corcoran’s favor this evening but I’m not sure I agree.  Looking at things, Beckham Jr has never been finished.  His losses have been decision losses and he’s even got a draw on his record.  It seems that Beckham’s camp goes with the approach that, “We do the finishing round these parts, hombe!” 

We don’t know what Beckham Jr has under the hood because his stamina was so stellar at an early age that it disguised any other hiddens.  That said, we do know that Corcoran has a granite chin.  The issue?  Corcoran also looks like he’s a bit susceptible to cuts at times.  So here’s my thing…Beckham is unlikely to be finished, although there’s always a first time for everything, eh?  Corcoran’s path to victory is probably a decision.  But to get it, he’ll have to weather the storm of some power shots from Beckham and that means potential cuts. A bad combination.  For that reason, I have to buck the odds makers on this one and take Beckham Jr for the finish via a bloody first fight that sends a warning to every other pair this evening that the cage is a very dangerous place!  As if they didn’t already know that.

Undercard Bout #2: Heavyweights

Peter Beardsley (-239) v Drew Barnes (+190)

Our second fight of the evening will be a big boy showdown between Heavyweights Barnes and Beardsley.  Right now, the odds makers have Beardsley as a fairly heavy favorite, no pun intended, and that’s likely due to his advantage in three of the four primaries combined with a small lack of morale on Barnes’ part. 

Barnes pulled off a win in his SPPS debut back in early September but has struggled since with a submission loss to Ted Bundy later in the month and then a loss to Felix Inarritu via KO midway into the first late in October.  He and his team are undoubtedly hoping that November brings warmer greetings and something to be thankful for!  Certainly it’s needed, as a history of being somewhat off on morale combined with a floundering P4P ranking due to recent losses has Barnes right on the cut bubble for SPPS.

Beardsley’s run at SPPS has been streaky.  He came in on a tear as a young up and comer but then fell into a bit of a rut for a bit mid-run with us once he stepped up to the “upper middle-tier” competition.  He seems to have found his stride again here at 29 years old and may be positioning for a big run?  We’ll see!  Three wins over four fights is solid and he even pulled off another submission recently against Neves in early October. He and his team will be focused on keeping things on track so as not to fall too far in ranking, no doubt.

Donkey’s Pick: Beardsley via Submission (Triangle)

This is actually a pretty tough one to call.  But, Barnes has given me the easy out by being somewhat short on that morale.  Combine that with momentum for both fighters and it does indeed look like the odds makers may have this one nailed down.  Possibly. But the fight isn’t fought on paper and if you lay down the cash on Beardsley, well, it’s still gambling!  Let’s hope for a good brawl!

Undercard Bout #3: Middleweights

Tyson Law (+156) v Jun Liu (-194)

We’re moving along here baby!!!  Middleweight action up next as Jun “I’m not a man, baby!” Liu prepares to do battle with Tyson Law.  Now, I’m not sure what the odds makers are seeing in this one, but they’ve definitely thrown the torch over to Liu for this fight. I suppose it could have something to do with Law’s morale being off slightly, but I’m guessing it has to do with more than that.  Can’t wait to see if Donkey agrees with them or not!  I know he’ll be tempted not to due to the morale alone!

Liu has the advantage in both areas of standup but gives it up on the ground both with wrestling and her…er, his…er, their!...brown belt against Law’s black in Jiu Jitsu.  To be honest, it feels to me like that should be Liu’s specialty though, I mean, Jun Liu Jiu Jitsu just has a feel to it!  Liu has never pulled off a submission though so if it goes to the ground it’s unlikely to turn into the advantage that the naming might suggest!  Liu is very much a decision specialist and has won four of the last five fights in that manner.  Liu also demonstrated a great ability to escape the ground and submission attempts against African King last month, so Law may indeed have his work cut out for him.

Not to be outdone, Law has won four of his last five contests as well with only a decision loss to Jukassa marring that streak.  Fantastic submissions across the board, the two against Zhao and Bagel Boss leading up to this fight certainly suggest that he may put Liu’s ability to escape to the test!  Given what the odds makers did here, I’m really interested in kicking this to Donkey to see what he thinks! Let’s get to that!

Donkey’s Pick: Law via Submission (Kimura)

I have zero idea what the odds makers were using to make this call Hare!  Honestly.  First, Law’s morale isn’t off by much. Certainly not enough to create a line like that.  Second, Liu is a decision fighter…which means dragging out a fight obviously.  That’s a lot of opportunity for this thing to end up on the mat and Law is lethal down there.  I dunno…I just feel like those odds should be reversed.  Law has laid down a myriad of submissions over his most recent run…Triangle, Guillotine, Americana…and Armbar.  Hell, let’s just throw a Kimura in there tonight for good measure?

Undercard Bout #4: Heavyweights

Paul Gascoigne (-163) v Akuma Manivong (+133)

Wow, I’d love to get into picking apart the particulars on paper for this Heavyweight showdown between my own Akuma Manivong and Paul Gascoigne, but that’s nearly impossible!  Both are hella prepared for this fight.  Both are about dead even in primaries, with Manivong perhaps having a sliver of an edge in wrestling.  And they’re both 29 years old. Hmm…seems like some mighty fine matchmaking to me!!!  Hahaha. 

My boy Manivong is going to be giving up some size and weight here tonight.  Will that hurt him or will it pay off in speed and endurance?  Very hard to say!  He was on a roll for a bit here at SPPS until Will Wrecks ruined his entire day back in June and then Demir Kocak piled on like some damned overly excitable footballer!  Manivong got back on track against Lou Slugger and Lindholm though, even getting back to his early roots with an Arm Triangle to finish the former.  He fought Eemeli Lampi, a borderline legend here at SPPS, to a draw last month which proves he can hang with some of the close to elite (as Lampi has fallen off some recently…if you can say that against the likes of Slam and Shima!).

Gascoigne is a hell of a striker but can also handle himself on the ground.  Hell, this man is, as we indicated, a larger, heavier copy of Manivong!  He pulled off a submission against Derwent Bolt back in June at Enigma, and we certainly know that name well enough around here to know he’s a hell of a Jiu Jitsu artist!  So that’s screams “watch your ass on the ground against Gascoigne!”.  Gascoigne certainly seems to have the steering wheel to this one firmly in his hands and I’m excited to see where this fight goes.  The odds makers seem to agree with me, as they’ve given him the edge, but not overwhelmingly.

Donkey’s Pick: Gascoigne via TKO (Strikes)

I do believe this fight goes to the ground.  But I don’t think that either fighter gains the huge advantage there or necessarily finds a way to finish.  Ultimately I think this fight makes it back to the feet, perhaps a few times, and Gascoigne’s size and power may pay off there.  However, note…he does seem to have a mildly questionable chin as he’s suffered eight TKO’s and KO’s over his career.  All eight of his losses.  So there is a small window of opportunity for Manivong.  But I think it’s a sliver if that. It’s a true test for him to see if he’s able to step up into the big leagues.  If not, Gascoigne’s name will be the one being thrown around for some big fights!

Undercard Bout #5: Middleweights

Giuseppe Hopkins (+106) v James Hunt (-130)

Our last fight on the Undercard before we turn this show over to The Lawrence Minute!  Hunt and Hopkins are ready to get in there and continue the representation of the Middleweights here in Los Angeles tonight as both are more or less fully prepped and should be ready to give the fans a show!

Hopkins will have the smallest of edges in boxing and wrestling while Hunt has the same in Muay Thai.  Both are Jiu Jitsu brown belts so the only things that really differentiate these two are height, where Hopkins has a 5 cm advantage that allows him to call Hunt “shorty” if he so chooses…and experience…Hunt has about half the in-cage pro fight experience.

Hunt earned his way to a title opportunity back in early September but came up short against a tough as nails Chip Nickel in a decision loss.  He bounced back and took his frustration out on Shen Po with a second round KO but was unable to maintain that momentum when he took on Wilfred Ainsworth last month.  Another decision loss.  With only one decision in his favor over his career, a majority one at that, I think it’s probably safe to say that this man despises seeing things go to the nasty ass judges!  Most of his wins are via big time TKO and KO, with perhaps one of the most telling finishes being a ‘submission’, if you want to call it that, via strikes against Leyte Gulf in July.  I mean, anytime you can literally pound the friggin’ will to continue out of somebody, you’re a damned badass!

Hopkins makes his SPPS debut this evening!  Despite ending his run at SYN with the loss of the belt, followed by a 1-3 record over the remaining four fights, this man remains ranked inside the Top 600 P4P which speaks volumes to the talent he faced during his multiple title runs at both Light Heavyweight (FOUR TIMES!) and Middleweight!  That’s not even mentioning RapidFC and FARTMMA prior to that!  Everybody knows Hopkins has had a storied career and at a still relatively decent age of 35 we’re going to find out if he can pile on a few more accolades here at Sucker Punch!  The path to continued greatness starts NOW!  That will be no easy task against another fellow striker like Hunt, but nothing worth doing is easy!

Donkey’s Pick: Hopkins via TKO (Strikes)

EASILY the most difficult pick of the Undercard!  Without a doubt!!!  There is nothing that helps to pick one over the other. The odds makers are calling for Hunt with a small edge on the line tonight.  I’ve been going against them most of the night, so why not continue that trend?  And that’s about the only reason I can give you!

Alright folks!!!  That’s it for Donkey and I as we now turn you over to Matt Lawrence and Luke Palmer as they come barreling in with THE Lawrence Minute for the Main Card!!!  I’m super excited, so let’s turn this over to them!

SUCKER PUNCH 206 PREVIEW – MAIN CARD

sds.jpeg

Matt Lawrence: Heeeeeeelloooooooo everybody! This is Matt Lawrence, with another episode of The Lawrence Minute, a show specially designed for all of you MMA freaks around the world! Tonight we are here to do the previews for the SPPS 206 Main Card,that takes place tonight on the 23th in Los Angeles, at the LA Memorial Colossuseum! This exciting card is going to have a special Main Event, a Super Fight between top middleweight fighters from SPPS and GAMMA! Aaand with me, it couldn’t be different, you know him – Mr. Luke Palmer! How’s it going Luke?

Luke Palmer: Hey there Matt! Hey there audience! Hope everyone’s having a great day. As always, it’s good to be here, Matt.

Matt Lawrence: You know it’s a pleasure to have you here, Luke. Before we get to the previews, I would like to take the time to thank the great Sucker Punch partner, Shadow Warrior Nutrition. Check out your nearest store for the highest quality products on market! Well, without further ado, let’s get down to business!

c00da59305d44338987b5b4c2c9d0832.png

Main Card Bout #1 - Felix Inarritu (-153) v Eemeli Lampi (+125)

Matt Lawrence: Alright! Opening the main card, we have a heavyweight bout between Felix Inarritu and Eemeli Lampi! Felix is coming from a win in his last fight against Drew Barnes but, before that, he had three tough defeats, including a title dispute against the former champ Ben Slam. On the other side we have Eemeli, who’s coming from a couple of defeats and a draw. He also had his shot against the very same Ben Slam for the title, but didn’t manage to take the belt. He had his go as champion in two occasions, though, although he was unable to retain the title. What do you think about this first fight, Luke? I bet these two are going to put up a hell of a fight!

Luke Palmer: I totally agree with you there, Matt. I’m very excited for this particular match. These two have heavy hands, so we can expect a K.O. on this one. They both have very similar capabilities, Felix having a slightly better wrestling and Eemeli a small advantage in BJJ. The age difference between them is considerably big, but I actually think Felix is going to be able to use it in his own favor. We have seen him fight many times in his long career and gas shouldn’t be a problem, even now. I think Felix Inarritu wins this one by knockout, Matt, but it’s certainly not going to be easy!

b5f79d48e94f0e9271aefa701d6441d3.png

Main Card Bout #2 - Korben Dallas (+115) v Roger Michael Stanley (-141)

Matt Lawrence: In the second fight of the main card, we have Korben Dallas fighting Roger Michael Stanley for the middleweight division. Korben lost to Chip Nickel in his last fight, but he was coming from two solid wins against Kappa Knox and Leo Bosanac before that! Now, Roger Michael Stanley beat the very same Kappa Knox in his most recent fight, but lost to Wilfred Ainsworth before that. They both have presented some irregular streaks in SPPS so far and I bet both are committed to changing that tomorrow night!

Luke Palmer: Well observed, Matt. This is another great matchup of the night. The main difference between these guys’ skills, when you look at the numbers, is Korben having a small edge in the wrestling department. They are pretty much equivalent in every other areas, so that’s why I think this one is going to be interesting.

Matt Lawrence: I get what you are saying, Luke. In theory, it’s supposed to be a balanced fight. But one could say that Roger has one thing Korben doesn’t, that is a heavy hand. Let’s take a quick look at Roger Michael’s last three wins: 25 seconds to TKO Kappa Knox, 1 minute and 33 seconds to TKO Nick Barkley and 2 minutes and 8 seconds to KO Craig Watkins. I’d say Korben is going to have a tough time tomorrow, wouldn’t you agree?

Luke Palmer: Well, yeah, Korben definitely has to take care because RMS’s striking is on point. If I was to give Korben any advice, it would be to try and take the fight to the ground and work for a submission. But, anyway, they are pro’s and I’m sure their strategies are all set. I think Roger Michael Stanley takes the win with a TKO.

486af1c401f4d981a03dea241ff9c973.png

Main Card Bout #3 - Yip Man Iii (+115) v Kurt Cobain (-141)

Matt Lawrence: Next fight coming up is a lightweight bout between Yip Man Iii and “Front Man” Kurt Cobain! Luke, Kurt is coming from a loss in his last fight, back in SPPS 198, his 4th chance at the title in SPPS, against Frankie Logan. Interesting fact, 3 of his 4 title shots were against Frankie. Unfortunately, Kurt didn’t make good any of the times, but one thing he proved to all of us: he has a big heart and he’ll keep trying! On the other side of this bout, we have Yip Man Iii, whom in comparison only had 1 title shot at SPPS. He didn’t make good on it either. Yip’s most recent fight was against Guy River, which he lost. What do you think, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Matt, I see Yip with a small edge in BJJ, while Kurt has a small edge in wrestling. The other skills are very balanced, and so is their K.O. power. I would be extremely surprised to see any of them try and take the fight to the ground tomorrow, as we haven’t seen they do in any of the most recent fights. No, I think this one is going to be a very interesting stand up battle, which is great news for those like me that love a good old striking, Matt. And my bets on this one are on Kurt Cobain, by split decision!

db515c48b9556a97a8f231bd04dbc5a0.png

Main Card Bout #4 - Artturi Reinikainen (-186) v Mister Mediocre (+150)

Matt Lawrence: Ok, we’ve reached the bout number 4 of the card. This one is another lightweight bout between the SPPS debutant Artturi Reinikainen and the former lightweight champion Mister Mediocre! What a warm welcome, is not it, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Haha hell yeah, Matt! But don’t get fooled, Artturi is an extremely experience fighter. He has been in Eternity, Jag Battle League, PFC, he’s been champion in SYN, before moving to Combate and finally getting into SPPS! We are talking about a man with 50 professional fights in his career, of which he won the majority!

Matt Lawrence: That is impressive. But still, it is a warm welcome from the SPPS matchmakers, to put him against Mister Mediocre. Please, editors, put that Mediocre’s nasty head kick on Do Ho Joy on the screen for me, please, for those who haven’t seen it yet.

Luke Palmer: That was a beautiful kick, I agree Matt. This is a good chance for Mister Mediocre to get back on his feet after his last two setbacks against Logan and Lentz. And it’s true, Artturi has the better boxing and wresting of the two, but I’m willing to bet on the underdog here, Matt. I think Mister Mediocre wins by split decision!

445572bec5d2d8a23f1e26fde8117e8e.png

Main Card – Main Event - Tanaka Matsuda (+115) v Jack Spratt (-141)

Matt Lawrence: Allriiight ladies and gentlemen of our audience, here we are in the Main Event preview! And what a huge main event this is going to be, a Super Fight between SPPS’s Tanaka Matsuda and GAMMA’s Jack Spratt, the middleweight champions of their respective orgs!

Luke Palmer: Matt, you know, in this type of fight you are not just representing yourself. When the fighters sign up for a Super Fight like this, they are somehow representing their orgs, too, don’t you agree?

Matt Lawrence: Well, it does makes sense, Luke. If you look at it that way, though, you are throwing a lot of pressure over Matsuda, because Hero Shima faced Karim Johnson over at GAMMA and fell short.

Luke Palmer: Matt, it’s going to be a lot of pressure over Matsuda from any perspective you look at it. Let’s face it, he’s going to fight a very experienced GAMMA champion who has better boxing and Muay Thai than him!

Matt Lawrence: But Luke, Matsuda is an experienced fighter himself. He’s coming from a 6 win-streak, with some huge top SPPS contenders on the list.

Luke Palmer: No doubt, Matt. He’s the underdog for sure, but don’t take him for granted. That man knows how to fight. I actually think he is going to beat Jack Spratt tomorrow, Matt.

Matt Lawrence: You are not being impartial here, are you, Luke?

Luke Palmer: Hehe, I watch the SPPS boys fighting every week, they are really starting to grow on me, but…no, Matt. I think Tanaka Matsuda has a clear path to win here. It’s going to be tough, of course, but he’s a submission specialist, and that’s what he should focus on. There no point in engaging in a striking battle with Spratt, whom I believe to have considerably more power than him. Tanaka should get the game to the ground as soon as he can and work for a submission from there. That’s what I think the key to victory is, and that’s what I believe it’s going to happen! Matsuda by submission!

Matt Lawrence: I’m not going to lie, Luke, I’ll be rooting for that! Tonight we’ll see if you are right. With that, we wrap up the previews for SPPS 206. Again, I would like to take the time to thank all our audience for putting up with us, you are all awesome. Luke, thank you for being with us once more and for the fantastic previews.

Luke Palmer: Well, someone’s gotta do it, right Matt? Since you’ve been dodging it for so long…anyway, it’s always a pleasure.

Matt Lawrence: That’s it, then! We hope SPPS 206 to be as exciting as it looks like. Ladies and gentlemen, I hope to see you all again soon! Bye bye!

We’re all set to get things heated up over at the Colliseum tonight folks!  Hope you’ll be there with us in Los Angeles but if you can’t make it to the left coast…or even the US for that matter, then we hope you’ll hang with us as we’ve got you covered with an amazing THREE HOUR PPV that will not disappoint!  We’ve spared no expense and you’ll get three hours of some of the best action and production you could ever ask for!

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations Sucker Punch faithful!!!  Thanks to a very nice event rating over the weekend, we've moved up into 2nd worldwide!!!  We may not hold it for long, but just like the last move up to 3rd it's a heck of an accomplishment!  Congrats to all!

On a side note, I know we haven't been doing many previews lately.  Time over the holiday season here combined with a crazy work schedule have prevented me from being able to put the time in for it.  I'm hoping to get back to those this week!

fcfd897e828bbaa889389e57a58de83a.png

16667683479904.gif

Parta "Party" Matti

"Hello all you fine folks!

You might not know this, but my former manager Marky Mark was a REAL party animal. Our gym was based in Amsterdam so we often threw some great parties. However, I soon stood above the rest and the 'Parta Party' was born. Only the most debaucherous people are allowed.

Unfortunately for me, Marky Mark had a limit and sat me down and said, 'Parta, you have to choose between fighting and party'.

I, of course, chose party! So I moved camps after a very serious match with Andrei Kersikov who was literally cramping my style via body kicks. I moved from Amsterdam to St. Petersburg and now to Tokyo with my new team. My new manager also loves to party and has seriously embraced my new party looks. I still like to do MMA on the side, but party is number 1 focus.

That's why it was so not ca$h money when my first matchup in SuckerPunch was against Mr. Spong and he decided to just sit on me all day. I was winning that 'fight' but then decided enough was enough, so much time was wasted, and I wanted out to party on. With a surname like Spong, I thought he'd be a bit more Tyrone Spong and a bit less Sponge Cake.

My most recent opponent however, I must congratulate on an entertaining fight. Mr Lindholm came to party, and what a much more entertaining fight that was. THIS is why I do MMA on the side. So we can have a good, quick fight, then go back to party. Hare even threw me a bonus for party and Lindholm joined in so hard he accidentally sacked his manager in the morning. Oops.

Anyway, the point of this press conference was to just let everyone know I like to party. My teammate Noah Anderson takes fighting in our division a bit more seriously, but there's nothing more party-killing than a wet blanket. Say no to party killers! Bangers only! I hereby request every opponent I have in my future brings at least a plate to the party and I trust Mr Hare to vet them accordingly.

Party on! Party Strong! Parta Party!"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, kfuhrer said:

4-1-7 But ending the year with a win. Personally I think Mr. Pickle is one of the most active fighters in SP. Rise and Grind Mother F*ckers. 2023 is the year of the Pickle!  

Potential earth and MMA world shattering news on the horizon!  It may or may not involve an epic confrontation of legendary proportions in the Cucurbitaceae family!!!

• Like 1

1671476464SPPS216_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 216

Hey there folks! Risa Roo here doing the undercard previews for the big pay-per-view coming on up tonight. Now that I’m done my fall semester (got good grades as per usual, everyone say “good job Risa!”) and on winter break, Hare has put me back to work on previews for all y’all. Without further ado, let’s get right into it!

Hare:  Whoa, whoa whoa! Hold up there missy!  This isn’t a one horse show you know!  Or, should I say, one Donkey show?!?  Yeah, anyways, Donkey will be joining Risa for the Undercard as he gives his predictions as well in addition to a bit of insight into where each of our fighters stand, at least, where they stand prior to the fight.  And in some cases what the fall-out could be after tonight’s contests!  Also, once the Undercard is complete, I’ll step back in along with Donkey to give you all a bit more detailed preview of the upcoming fights on the Main Card! 

There’s a ton of good stuff going tonight at SPPS 216, including the big finale which is a showdown for the Light Heavyweight title between challenger Radu Dracul and current undisputed champ, Sammy Beach!  And so much more, you folks do NOT want to miss SPPS 216 at the Tokyo Bowl! Now, I get that not everybody can just hop, skip and jump on over to Japan…so we’ve got you covered!  An amazing three hour PPV with the highest production available! That’s right, there’s no excuse to miss a single kick, slap or shot to the dingle dangles folks!

Alright, all that said, it’s time for me to quit babbling as soon as we give a quick word about our sponsor and merchandise partner!

42005b2350e8b92ed6a667177e5680a6.png

Our fantastic and respected sponsor is Shadow Warrior Nutrition and let me tell you if you’ve been dragging your feet and haven’t gotten over to their store or one of the many kiosks at the events lately, you’re missing out!  Right now, they have their primary product, “Marvelous Marvin Hagler Energy Injections”, in stock…along with their other good stuff over there!  Shadow Warrior also has “Sugar Ray Robinson Stamina Pills” and “Jack Johnson Muscle Bulk Powder”!  If you’re looking to keep your boys training longer, without as many breaks, these are the supplements you need!  Truly Shadow Warrior Nutrition is your one-stop shop for all your high end training supplements!  Stop by today!

Now, let's get to it!

Beaudell Beckham Jr v Shen Po

The first fight of the night will be between Beaudell Beckham Jr and Shen Po. Now BBJ is coming off a recent loss, so I’m sure he’s looking to get a win on his record. I’m told he has a lot of energy going into this so hopefully it shows in his fight. Now Po is coming off a three-fight losing streak, so I’m sure he’s also fired up and ready to finally win one. Po also has a lot of energy coming into it, so it’ll hopefully be a well-balanced, engaging fight. Now I love me a good KO or TKO, and BBJ has won five fights via TKO, so I’m slightly rooting for him. Po is a decision win kinda guy, so hopefully this fight will be a good one and not a ten second knock out like some. 

I don’t know if Mr. Donkey is doing picks so I’ll throw some in and he can remove them if he wants to

Risa’s Pick: BBJ via TKO 

Reason: I like TKOs

Donkey’s Pick: Beckham Jr via TKO (Strikes)

Po has gone from being a former Combate and then subsequently SPPS Middleweight champion to struggling for wins over his past seven fights with only a single victory over that stretch.  And without successful defenses for either of those previous title runs some would be right to potentially ask if he’s really got “it”.  Even his own team seems to be questioning that some, as they’ve recently had him gain a bit of weight and he’s moved from Middleweight to Light Heavyweight with this being his LHW debut at SPPS.

Beckham will likely look to bring the “boom” tonight, as he tends to do, and that wouldn’t appear to be an awful strategy as Po has fallen to several KO’s of late.  I’m not sure if the step up in weight class will make that an easier thing for Po, so I have to give the nod here to Beckham.  Both fighters need the win here, so I expect a hard fought contest either way, as a loss puts either further on the bubble!

Undercard Bout #2: Heavyweights

Robert MacArthur Jnr v Lou Slugger

Fight two of the night will be between Robert MacArthur Jnr and Lou Slugger. Why does MacArthur go by “Scottish”? That’s just a nationality. Not a nickname. He’s either confused or too lame to come up with something better. Now my boy Scottish here is coming off a three-fight losing streak. Not a fun vibe. All KO losses. He better hope Slugger isn’t a KO kinda guy. Uh oh… this just in… Slugger IS IN FACT A KO KINDA GUY! He’s coming off a recent KO win. Well, this is awkward. Scotty-boy, forget I said anything about it. You’re gonna do great! (Not really). Both guys have a lot of energy coming into it so should be a great KO… er… a great fight none the less.

Risa’s Pick: Slugger via KO (sorry Scotty)

Reason: Scotty and KOs have a bad relationship. I don’t wanna bet my money on him.

Donkey’s Pick: MacArthur Jnr via TKO (Strikes)

I do like Risa’s rationale for picking Slugger over MacArthur Jnr.  However, what she didn’t notice is that the level of competition that MacArthur Jnr has seen is a step or so above that of Slugger’s recent run.  Slugger definitely has some power and a love of whapping dude’s in the head, but MacArthur Jnr does as well and I think that maybe the rough run he’s had lately takes a break this evening.

Both fighters very much need the win, but MacArthur’s situation is much more dire than Slugger’s at this point.  He better come through on my prediction or things could get messy with his contract!

Undercard Bout #3: Heavyweights

Thoth Chontamenti v Ronan Darongo

The third fight of the night is between Thoth Chontamenti and Ronan Darongo. Darongo is coming off a three-fight winning streak, as opposed to Thoth (no shot I’m typing that last name out a bunch of times, way too many letters bro) coming into this fight after a recent loss. Thoth has been pretty back and forth in his five fights with his new manager, hopefully he settles into a solid trend soon. Both of these guys have a lot of energy and pretty good morale going into this PPV, so we’ll see if Darongo continues his winning streak or if Thoth can put an end to it and add another W to his record. 

Risa’s Pick: Thoth

Reason: He’s got a funky last name

Donkey’s Pick: Chontamenti via Unanimous Decision

Chontamenti doesn’t just have a funky last name.  He’s also got a history of success as one of the biggest, baddest MF’ers in town round SPPS territory! A Hall of Famer for Sucker Punch, Thoth’s best days are starting to look like they could be behind him as he hasn’t had consistent success since his original manager, Esiah Xavier.  It seems he just hasn’t been able to click with any other manager since X took off and left MMAT!  That said, he’s got an amazing skillset and if the back and forth between wins and losses holds true under current management, tonight could be his night.

The issue with that concept?  Darongo is just as skilled and apparently very, very hungry.  Granted, a good portion of his recent run was in QFC fights, but his first fight with SPPS turned out pretty darn well also with a TKO over Techno Viking last month.  But let’s be honest with ourselves here, Viking is no Chontamenti!  Darongo has his work cut out for him this evening.  He has the tools…TKO’s are what has been getting to Thoth lately…he just has to use em perfectly I think.

Undercard Bout #4: Middleweights

Landon McGuire v African King

The fourth fight of the night will be between Landon McGuire and African King. King is coming off a recent win, probably hoping to get his recently broken winning streak back on track after tonight. He’s a bit lower on energy than McGuire, so hopefully that doesn’t serve to be detrimental in the three-round match. McGuire is coming off a loss, preceded by a mix of results including wins, losses, and draws. He’s also got a HORRENDOUS moustache. 0/10. Not a fan. King has some pretty gnarly shades on, while we’re on the topic of appearances. King is a pretty strong submission win guy, so hopefully we can see a good win for this fight.

Risa’s Pick: African King

Reason: McGuire’s moustache kinda scares me the more I look at him. Or maybe it’s just his face in general. Who’s to say.

Donkey’s Pick: McGuire via Unanimous Decision

I can’t agree with Risa’s pick here mostly because King is coming into this fight with his energy off a bit and against McGuire that could definitely play in.  He’s done very well since joining SPPS back in August with three wins, two via submissions and those do bode well for him given McGuire fell to Hare’s boy Zambrano via sub last month.

McGuire’s mission, if he should choose to accept it (and he already has!), is to try to keep this thing standing tonight and wear down King for a points win with the judges.  That’s pretty much his go-to move lately, although King would do well to stay alert and on guard should the fight go to the ground as McGuire has a history of submissions of his own!

Undercard Bout #5: Featherweights

Cleon Wright v Saggy Dinglestomper

Alright gang, this is the last fight of the night I’ll be previewing! Hare claims he’s going to actually do his job and finish the rest of this preview. The fifth fight of the night is between Cleon Wright and Saggy Dinglestomper (hehe that’s funny). Dinglestomper is coming off a recent loss so hopefully he’s fired up and ready to put on a show. Wright had a recent win, but both of these fella’s have been up and down recently on their records. Big energy in these two, so hopefully it shows, and they give us a good show! Dinglestomper is generally a decision winner, while Wright has a record of some TKO wins! Hopefully we get a good length fight with lots of action!

Risa’s Pick: Dinglestomper

Reason: Take a wild guess

Donkey’s Pick: Wright via TKO (Strikes)

What do we have here?  Why, a hard hitting striker versus a ticky-tacky point taker!  Yes, and that ticky-tacky one is Hare’s, so he should be ashamed of himself here!  Both fighters are very well matched and the only areas where one holds an advantage would be Dinglestomper on the ground.  And given his history, Dinglestomper is unlikely to try to do anything remotely associated with the ground.  That means he’ll likely be trying to drag this thing out to the judges while Wright attempts to turn the lights out to end the Undercard this evening!  Have to give the striking edge to Wright here, although he needs to be careful…there is a history of the opponents turning the tables on him!

Alright folks!!!  Donkey and I will be with you shortly as we pick up here for the Main Card now that Risa is running off to do whatever college kids do once their finals are over. Yes, I, Hare, was once a college kid as well but who knows what’s changed after all these years!

Main Card Bout #1: Welterweights

Paulo Gentil v Abdul Rahman

2d3fa4ecf1eca1534d50c552573776dc.png

We may very well be opening the Main Card here with one of the most evenly matched fights of the entire evening folks!  Oh, yeah, and hello, Hare back with you now along with Donkey “Dan” as we take over the Main Card action from Risa Roo! 

Anyways, as I was saying, these two are dead even with what looks like only the smallest of edges for Gentil in wrestling.  Both are fully prepped and ready to get at it, which is awesome and hell, even their records are pretty darn close overall at 21-13 for Gentil and 24-17 for Rahman.  Rahman will be the taller and heavier of the two so I suppose we’ll find out of power and brawn pay off or if stealth, speed and stamina is what gets it done at Welterweight here tonight!

Rahman has won four of his last five and has shown he can get it done with a finish or a trip to the scorecards.  He’s also demonstrated that he’s comfortable both in and out of the clinch so long as the fight stays on the feet.  Gentil’s record over the last five, which stands at 2-3, isn’t quite as impressive but his wins over Christiano and Lancaster show he’s got the same ability to finish or go the distance.

Gentil’s last fight against Christiano was one of the best on the night and came close to grabbing ‘Fight of the Night’ honors, so I’m expecting another really, really great one here tonight with Rahman to get our fans pumped to a whole new level!

Donkey’s Pick: Rahman via Majority Decision

Really tough one to call here with such even skills, great preparation, etc.  Rahman is on a bit of a roll though of late, so I’m going to lean in that direction.  But I wouldn’t be a little bit surprised to see this thing swing back and forth a bit, just like my tail’s preparing to do in excitement over this fight!

Main Card Bout #2: Middleweights

Holden Gracie v Darwin Zambrano

af315bb648106c1c691a26cc41ca191d.png

Alright, another of my boys steps into the cage this evening after Dinglestomper earlier on the Undercard!  This time it’ll be Zambrano going up against a very tough Holden Gracie in this Middleweight showdown!  Gracie’s morale is off just slightly, but it shouldn’t be enough to factor in I think. Zambrano will be fully prepped and have a slight edge on the ground both wrestling and with his Jiu Jitsu, so we’ll have to see if that pays off or if he chooses to run in that direction?  You’d think I’d know for sure…and…*whispers* I do…but I ain’t tellin’!

Zambrano pulled off a huge one against McGuire last month when he finished him via triangle one second before the bell in the first. Dang, cutting it close there eh?  Anyways, a win is a win and that made three in a row for Zambrano and has him…and me…wondering if maybe he’s starting to look like contender material?  One thing’s clear…Zambrano’s all-in when it comes to finishes.  Whether it be (T)KO on the feet or submission on the ground…his goal is to get the fight long gone well before the judges because a trip to their scorecards never seems to go well for him!

I know two things when it comes to Holden Gracie this evening.  The first, that he’s likely willing to agree that this thing doesn’t go to the judges.  Sure, his fight against Gulf was won with the judges in October, but you’d have to go back a year and a half to find any other fights that this man won without finishing it via TKO! And that leads me to the second thing I…and just about anybody else who prepares to step into the cage with Gracie…know.  That you better watch your ass and keep that head on a swivel because Gracie will take it off its hinges for ya if you’re not careful!  As much as Zambrano may have a history of finishes on the feet, Gracie is right there with him in that regard!

Donkey’s Pick: Gracie via Split Decision

The loss to Ainsworth had to be highly disappointing for Gracie as it was likely the fight that could have seen him set up as Top Contender in the Middleweight division if he’d won.  That’ll sting a bit and you have to wonder if he comes into this fight tonight looking for a bit of payback in the cage, despite the opponent being different, or if it has rocked  his confidence some?  This man had seven wins in a row stringing all the way back into CFC prior to the merger and you know he wants his shot! He’s…SO CLOSE.

Normally I don’t pick for Hare’s kids.  I still won’t here tonight.  But let me tell you, this is a fight that could go either way!  And it’s definitely a must see!

Main Card Bout #3: Lightweights

Artturi Reinikainen v Conspiracy Theorist

87e62abefa3d57bf6e97047a342f3ac3.png

Ok, now I sorta feel like a liar.  When we opened the Main Card discussion here, I told you all earlier that that fight was likely to be the closest matched of the evening.  Well, perhaps…but if so, this one gives it a darn good run for its money!!!  Only a sliver of an edge for Reinikainen in boxing separates these two and they’re both fully prepped, energy topped off, morale on high, dang!  And unlike that other fight, these two are just about similar in size and stature as well. 

Their records are a bit different from an experience level though.  Not to say that either is “inexperienced”, but Theorist’s thirty or so fights pale in comparison with Reinikainen’s over fifty!  Theorist is one streaky dude though, but to his credit the streaks are usually runs of wins separated by a loss or two.  His 18-12-1 record reflects that.  When he went home last month after the decision loss to Guy River, I’m certain he probably told anybody who would listen that the judges had it in for him. Or some other conspiracy nonsense! Haha!

Reinikainen (damn, I hate typing that!!!) is coming into the cage this evening off a loss as well, a guillotine suffered at the hands of Mister Mediocre last month in his SPPS debut.  This man is a former Lightweight champ from SYN and had a top contender status at Combate as well prior to joining us.  There’s no doubt he knows how to get it done but the question on everybody’s mind will probably be, “Is father time catching him?”

Donkey’s Pick: Reinikainen via Unanimous Decision

Reinikainen (not so tough to type, quit whining Hare!) is a decision machine.  From that perspective he takes it a step further than Theorist who can pull off finishes but also has had his fair share of decisions also. Normally I’d like the guy who has some power and has demonstrated it, but Reinikainen’s history of avoiding being finished, outside an arguably fluke head kick by Duvernay in June and another WAYYYYY back almost two years ago against James Darren at PFC, he just doesn’t get finished.  And that tells me that Theorist is the one who is going to have to make something happen here tonight against an arguably better point taker and prior champ.

Co-Main Event:

Featured Lightweight Bout

Mister Mediocre v Ranger Alderidge

7daf7c5d06bfec782ed518991c156677.png

Our Co-Main Event may not be for a belt but it’s everything but!!!  Make no mistake, the intensity will be there in the cage tonight with these two Lightweights as there is a title shot on the line for the winner!

Mediocre, former Sucker Punch Pro Series Lightweight champ with a very nice three successful title defenses under his belt, comes looking for a chance to get back into the cage with the strap on the line.  He’d taken two losses in a row…the first to Logan who took the belt back and then Leon Lentz via decision the following month in October…but a win over Reinikainen last month who came into SPPS with a great resume and a couple solid wins under his belt has propelled Mediocre back into Top Contender territory. Now, to get back to the belt, he’ll have to find a way to once again dispatch the same man who was his opponent in the last successful title defense.

Alderidge would like nothing more than to avenge that prior decision loss and in doing so earn a second shot at the belt, this time against either Logan or Guy River depending upon who walks out of the cage with the hardware on December 28th!  He was on the fast track up the charts previously with a win at Dynasty and then three more upon arriving at SPPS but that title fight against Mediocre got in the way of his goals. A follow-up loss to Furioto via submission further put the chill on his rise.  But wins over Crow and Crenshaw have propelled him back upward and clearly a win here would be the statement win he needs!

Donkey’s Pick: Mediocre via Split Decision

You’ve got a decision fighter here in Alderidge and a mixed bag guy with Mediocre who can win via finish or decision.  Hmm…sound anything like the Lightweight matchup right before this one?  Yeah, it does, because I’m thinking we can expect a very similar fight!  Alderidge was a champ at both Caged Warriors early in his career and then at Dynasty, but was unable to defend at DMMA.  Mediocre has been there and done it at a slightly higher level, so I’m going to give him the respect he’s earned here but Alderidge is definitely not going to just roll over and let him have this one!  Let’s get it on!

Main Event:

Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Sammy Beach v Radu Dracul

3cd92b1ccc8c67b150db109bf523cb4e.png

Our Main Event of the evening arrives and finally we get to see if Santa will make it through all of this insanity at the Tokyo Bowl and manage to be recovered in time for his deliveries this coming weekend!  What’s he doing at SPPS 216 in Tokyo just a few days before his busiest time of the year you ask?  I dunno, ask him man!  I’m not his handler!  But I hear he’s already been tailgating and may be laying down his own odds about who’s naughty and nice!

Dracul had, arguably outside Jacob Parker, one of the best runs as champ that the Light Heavyweight division here at Sucker Punch has seen!  After winning the belt from Sora Izanagi back in April this year he went on to defend it a total of five times successfully.  Against Bolt, Tribute, Izanagi again and then another win over Bolt, this time a beauty of a submission.  The man he’ll face in the cage tonight, Sammy Beach, was the last man to fall during Dracul’s reign of…glory or terror, you decide!...and tonight we get to see if Beach can get a measure of revenge while defending that belt or…does Dracul pull off what he’s done several times already which is to dish it out twice!  Just like Izanagi?  Just like Bolt?

One thing is for sure.  Beach won’t know what exactly is coming his way.  Sure, he handled Dracul once for a decision that earned him the belt.  But Dracul finds ways to win and he’ll do what it takes.  KO or TKO?  Sure.  Submission? Gotcha.  Decision? Ok!  The loss to Dracul had to sting as it was a unifying fight after the CFC merger with us here at SPPS.  Before that merger, Beach had been tormenting the guys over at CFC with only Kazuma Kuwabara able to spoil the party at one point.  It took wins over Smash Machine and Deigos to get back to the title fight after the loss to Dracul and then Beach made damned sure to take care of business when he ousted Jeremy Jones.  And apparently sent Jones into such a depression that he hasn’t been seen since! 

Donkey’s Pick: Beach via TKO (Strikes)

Beach is a TKO and KO machine.  He couldn’t pull one off on Dracul last time they met but that doesn’t mean Dracul can just come prancing in here expecting it to make it to the judges again.  But given Dracul’s history, that may not be his plan anyways!  The real question that should be on everybody’s mind is…has Beach bounced back and been able to focus after losing the super fight to Joosep Lhmus at GAMMA earlier this month?  Five long rounds…and a decision in favor of Joosep.   I say yes, he’s ready, and this time he’s ready to stay champ!

We’re all set and waiting for all the action at the Tokyo Bowl in Japan for SPPS 216 tonight ya’ll!  Hope you’ll be there with us but hell, I can understand if you can’t!  If not, we’ve got you covered with an amazing THREE HOUR PPV that will not disappoint!  We’ve spared no expense and you’ll get three hours of some of the best action and production you could ever ask for!

• Upvote 3

For one particular fighters the begin of 2023 will start with a New Years Nightmare!

Dread Hollow: New Year's Nightmare - The Pulse » Chattanooga's Weekly  Alternative

When Micah Hawk signed with SP he thought it would be a way to revitalize his career, 36 fights and a three fight winning streak on the regional circuit had landed him a position in Suck Punch. After signing a thought ran through his head, "Maybe what I need is a tune up fight with a fighter near the Bottom of the Barrel" low down in the rankings to cement my place in a new organization. A fresh new start.  

We all make mistake, we all misunderstand facts. Look at things and misinterpreted the information in front of us. 

Micah Hawk what you thought was the Bottom of the Barrel was in fact the Bottom of the Ocean. 

And at the Bottom of the Ocean there are monsters. 

On January 7 2023, at Sucker Punch Pro Series 221, Micah enters the bottom.... And the bottom is where he will drowned in an ocean of Mother F*cking PICKLE JUICE!! 

Welcome to Sucker Punch punk! Its time to meet the king of MMA Tycoon

Mr. Pickle Edward Mills 

14232416879438.jpg

Sweet dreams Seyhan Cinar (125790), Halloween comes early for you this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:16 AM, HareRumpler said:

1671476464SPPS216_Poster.png

SUCKER PUNCH PREVIEW

Sucker Punch Pro Series 216

16667683479904.gif

Parta "Party" Matti

"This preview was so totally hype, it really made me think 216 was going to be a helluva party! So much effort went into this, fireworks, stage production.... only for a card with almost half of them being decisions and only one actual TKO?! Mediocre!

The crowd were expecting 'party party party' but instead we got '*snore* mimimimi'.

Now SP 220, that's going to be a show. Yours truly is on the card, and we all know a Parta Party is coming to town. The main event is a banging 145 title fight, Itchy Sinclair the age defying wonder who mysteriously went from 18 years old to 31 overnight after a media release is on there, CD Queen managed by the exciting inventor of APE PACE Rush Grayson will be there, it's a packed card. I even had a word with Daniel Spongecake and he promised me he'd turn it up in his fight.

But yes, the 4th of January, shake off those cobwebs from your 4 day benders and come party once more at Wombley Arena. Sure there are some other cards in between, but they don't have the Parta Party so who really cares?"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 12/23/2022 at 6:14 PM, Daudy said:

16667683479904.gif

Parta "Party" Matti

"This preview was so totally hype, it really made me think 216 was going to be a helluva party! So much effort went into this, fireworks, stage production.... only for a card with almost half of them being decisions and only one actual TKO?! Mediocre!

The crowd were expecting 'party party party' but instead we got '*snore* mimimimi'.

Now SP 220, that's going to be a show. Yours truly is on the card, and we all know a Parta Party is coming to town. The main event is a banging 145 title fight, Itchy Sinclair the age defying wonder who mysteriously went from 18 years old to 31 overnight after a media release is on there, CD Queen managed by the exciting inventor of APE PACE Rush Grayson will be there, it's a packed card. I even had a word with Daniel Spongecake and he promised me he'd turn it up in his fight.

But yes, the 4th of January, shake off those cobwebs from your 4 day benders and come party once more at Wombley Arena. Sure there are some other cards in between, but they don't have the Parta Party so who really cares?"

I mean in Itchy Sinclair's defence I reported my own fighter for not aging to Mike Tycoon haha 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kfuhrer said:

I mean in Itchy Sinclair's defence I reported my own fighter for not aging to Mike Tycoon haha 

All good mate. Parta meant no harm - just that it added to the excitement of the party.

As I said in the thread that popped up, I'd had DMs exchanged with you about it and you had made it clear you'd reported it before. Just funny it's now been fixed. Sinclair woke up one day and he was 13 years older! Talk about a helluva hangover.

• Like 2