weight/speed advantage

chuckw94

fair or unfair  

39 members have voted

1. 1. does the smaller fighter have an advantage

Of course, I'm talking about significant size differences here. If a guy has 50 lbs on me and is my skill level anywhere, he better destroy me lol.

One would expect that indeed, but styles make fights + gassing out can play a major factor.

Therefore if the (much) bigger isn't a finisher, he might not have an as high advantage as expected against a smaller similarly skilled opponent.

One would expect that indeed, but styles make fights + gassing out can play a major factor.

Therefore if the (much) bigger isn't a finisher, he might not have an as high advantage as expected against a smaller similarly skilled opponent.

In grappling if guy is not a finisher its way worse. Cause he will just smash n lay. He doesnt need cardio, gravity is doing the word.

When guy is not just going for the smashing you at least have a chance of putting your skill into work, like this:

The difference when heavy guy just want to crossface and pressure you:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think that was a bullshit penalty, I dont think Musumeci was doing anything either. His half hearted attempts at sweeping were just like his half hearted attempt at crossface choking... So it should be double penalty....

BUT

I understand he pissed the reff with that punching while standing up and pushing outside of bondaries... If fight went for ref decision I think Mikey would have won anyway

• Upvote 1

I didn't understand the rules much to understand why there was a penalty in the first place lol. The guy in the black gi in bottom guard was pretty impressive to prevent any guard passes from a way heavier opponent.

this is why BJJ will never become an Olympic sport like Takwondo. Stalling and rolling (you cannot call that fighting) for a Draw are so common, you can hear the crowd loudly Booing in those videos. It will always remain an excellent sport / hobbie though, like Boxercise.

On topic: I love this idea for Tycoon grappling:

Every 20 pounds or so, the ability to control someone on the ground from top position in this game should increase like 3%.

For SMESHING there should be a booster like that also for quick KOs like if Ngannou connected with Dillashaw

I think Rickson Gracie would be a more suitable fit if BJJ was introduced into the Olympics instead of his other side of the family. He said in the past institute negative points for stalling which would entice both BJJ artists to go for the kill instead of racking up the points. In real life if I pull guard on a boxer I want to choke him unconscious as quickly as possible, not try to outclass him on the ground lol. Jiu Jitsu is about self defense.

I think we would all agree that these two game engine changes that we came up with would create a more balanced game engine for MMA Tycoon

- Control: Exponential 3% control bonus for every 20 pound on the ground and in the clinch

(shorter and lighter fighters are still more accurate and faster but can't just ragdoll a giant in the clinch without potential consequences)

My 145 Champion in Eternity Kickboxing should not be able to out grapple Super Heavyweight Nero La Croix, this is just nonsense.

(Balances the game for wrestlers at the maxed out level, successful control actions should lead & higher accuracy of ground and pound when heavier)

Weight & Power: 5% increase in power per 20 pounds on the ground and in the clinch

(shorter and lighter fighters are still more accurate in the clinch and faster on the ground, however the bigger guy still has a chance to get a flash KO in the clinch or a TKO on the ground)(Again Marious La De Hoya should not be able to ragdoll Nero La Croix in the clinch just because he is shorter)

(Wrestlers and Wrestle Boxers that are outmatched in BJJ should still be able to get a flash KO if there is a tremendous weight difference)

• Upvote 1

Great post (1000% agree about Rickson and BJJ in general).

Wonder how complicated it would be to fix the game engine to make heavier fighters more accurate to real life situations.

The ultimate measure of success would be after a year or 2 if you started seeing more and more champions moving towards a heavier build and cutting weight closer to the maximum weight allowed. Right now it is backwards, as if cutting weight had been banned in MMA lol.

Would love to hear other knowledgeable managers chime in.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yea I'll wait to hear back what everyone else thinks as well. Though if everything works out ,the smaller fighter still retains accurate and speed bonus that already exists inside of the engine. However the bigger fighter that has KO power whether it is one minute or 25 minutes can get a flash KO just because of the size and power difference. Just like in real life.

• Upvote 1

this is why BJJ will never become an Olympic sport like Takwondo. Stalling and rolling (you cannot call that fighting) for a Draw are so common, you can hear the crowd loudly Booing in those videos. It will always remain an excellent sport / hobbie though, like Boxercise.

On topic: I love this idea for Tycoon grappling:

Every 20 pounds or so, the ability to control someone on the ground from top position in this game should increase like 3%.

For SMESHING there should be a booster like that also for quick KOs like if Ngannou connected with Dillashaw

I know you're trolling and I generally agree that watching gi BJJ is like watching paint dry.

But tbh there are a lot of boring ass spectator sports in the Olympics lol. Judo and Greco suck for the same reason BJJ would suck, but TKD in particular is insanely lame because of the scoring. Every once in a blue moon someone will fuck someone up, but most of the time there's just two people either prancing around or hopping in place while vaguely flailing their legs at each other to score.

My best Olympic TKD memory was when that Cuban dude in Beijing snapped at the ref and kicked him square in the face, and the ref no sold it completely. Lmao.

• Upvote 2

I know you're trolling and I generally agree that watching gi BJJ is like watching paint dry.

But tbh there are a lot of boring ass spectator sports in the Olympics lol. Judo and Greco suck for the same reason BJJ would suck, but TKD in particular is insanely lame because of the scoring. Every once in a blue moon someone will fuck someone up, but most of the time there's just two people either prancing around or hopping in place while vaguely flailing their legs at each other to score.

My best Olympic TKD memory was when that Cuban dude in Beijing snapped at the ref and kicked him square in the face, and the ref no sold it completely. Lmao.

That cuban dude was badass... I dont think I remember watching live another point for punching the chest at TKD. That guy was legit prison rules TKD

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14291880726703.jpg

Gunnar "Outlaw" Tuft[/size]

12-3-0[/size]

I was somewhat shocked to get offered the opportunity to fight MacNamara, but felt way too good of an opportunity to let it slide.

Lets see if I can keep up with this 111lbs fireball, while approaching retirement quickly myself at age 39.

I'll need to come up with a brilliant plan, if I want to have a decent chance at not making a complete fool out of myself.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1024863

Whoop whoop!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd fight that little leprechaun with no fear.

Chin check the 150 cm little guy. Just need a fighter with the skills and power to do it. Not really surprised he Bjorned his way into that matchup :shades:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=302429

Hiroshi Ekaku (11 WC) would like to fight. He is the interim Syn' champion and is struggling to get a fight. Does Gunnar Tift (#5 WC) accept the call?

Chin check the 150 cm little guy. Just need a fighter with the skills and power to do it. Not really surprised he Bjorned his way into that matchup :shades:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=302429

Hiroshi Ekaku (11 WC) would like to fight. He is the interim Syn' champion and is struggling to get a fight. Does Gunnar Tift (#5 WC) accept the call?

I did not ask for the fight, but was in fact contacted by John and got offered the fight. Took the challenge, scouted well and got a big win, so that was fun.

What is next will be decided next week by John, but feel free to throw your guy in the mix CK if you are interested.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you can't win this fight, you should be ashamed of yourself =p

But I will certainly try to make your boy look shit, just for the sake of you exploiting this underweight bullshit hack.

4js3bj.jpg

:yuck: Ademaro dos Anjos (HFC Middleweight Champion) (13-1) (Undefeated in Middleweight Division)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15934452645739.gif

Nice try though Bizi. Keep that hype warm for me Arundel, I'm one fight away from top 10 pvp Middleweight, see you very soon! :shades:

• Upvote 2