weight/speed advantage

chuckw94

fair or unfair  

39 members have voted

1. 1. does the smaller fighter have an advantage

Trouble in paradise at Convicted, the young guard is taking aim at the grumpy old guy.

Hardly. He's confident in his fighter's ability because he's dominating all the people he's fighting in the ID levels. Young buck has a great fighter and wants to test him vs the best. Pekka just happens to be the 2nd best MW in the game.

Pekka is the Punchmaster General and he has a habit of punching holes in heads. See here.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14429787856642.gif

ADA's claim of cleaning out the division is gonna be a tough task considering Deathrow's running out of cans to crush. He's gonna have to take the title before too long, but after I dust Bwang's future FA (he'll get sacked after this, he's a bum. fairplay to Bwang for taking the fight) in the first round, Dre will probably fuck up whoever thinks they're a number 1 contender and see if ADA is still playing around in his division.

• Upvote 1

How about you go sign the contract for A.D.A vs Bizihwaeile will ya? Don't keep my champion waiting.

The fight was offered when I was not online yesterday late evening. I accepted the fight this morning.

PS: To balance out ADA fighting underweight again, maybe keep the fight 100% standing and lets test ADA a bit more.

I ept it standing with Spence becue he was a pillow puncher and I was just fooling around. I'll give up my speed advantage when you give up your 16 inch reach advantage :yawn: . I' taking you seriously bud, Bizihwaeile getting subbed.

They are fighting in weight divisions, not height divisions.

You are just exploiting a known game flaw and should not even be allowed to fight with ADA in a 185lbs division when his natural weight is only 180.

Bizi is pillow fisted as well, come dance.

They are fighting in weight divisions, not height divisions.

You should have your own division called the bitch division. What kind of an ape tries to tell his opponent what to do during a fight, aka 'keep it 100% standing'? It's like your pathetic belgian bitch, excuse me, 'beast', looking for one fight contracts and only striking opponents all over again

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I think the sauna only comes into effect when you need to cut EXTRA weight to make weight. It's pretty fuckin useless tbh.

The sauna comes into effect at anything over 5 pounds. When they appeared in the game there was a notable jump in body gassing down to around middleweight. The top tier fighters at the time all dropped their weight to just under 5lb to cut. The only ones that didn't were surviving due to the CTD meta at the time. Once the CTD meta went out the window those guys got mashed and body gassed pretty quickly. Mike's changes to the game to counter the body gassing made it better but I don't know what he actually changed, there were three things that would have worked to balance it including taking out the sauna reduction. I still aired on the side of caution with it but tbh I am none the wiser on what was changed, I never did enough testing before I left to figure it out.

I am surprised you didn't know this especially since you pretty much took all your fighters weights down to the under 5lb mark. IIRC you cut down the weight when you fought Croft.

I could go up to 185 pounds, the only change I would make is not being so reckless with my sliders and respecting the power of my opponents. It wouldn't make much of a difference with 5-6 other elite hiddens to work with. I never said it wasn't an advantage in my last point. My point was that it isn't my only advantage. I could do the same thing being overweight, there is a lot to work with, (again not bragging, just making a point). If A.D.A didn't have 140+ Heart, his "speed advantage" wasn't going to stop him from getting sent to the shadow realm from GNP, Big Heart did. In fact, Yonic had 50-60% energy left when I had 1%. I already lost the "energy" and "speed" advantage from gassing with all those subs. But I got to admit if someone pulled off that sub on one of my fighters I would be pretty pissed off :yes: . Maybe one day I might go down to 170 and try to pull off the same techniques weighing in at 187 at 170 just to prove a point. Then again though I want ADA to fight Arundel, Pekka and Atunes one day.

I call it the Womba effect, the amount of times that enigma hit subs at 0% energy was surreal. Yeah it was clear in that fight your boy has good hiddens unfortunately he bleeds like Puno and at the lower levels that is fine but at the top tier and not having the ability to knock fools out can become quite problematic. I mean Spence who doesn't look like he has much power was able to get you one cuts check away from a stoppage. Someone with considerable power such as Arundel or Pekka will have him bleeding like a stuffed pig within the first round. Your best bet would be to drop him down to 170 before he reaches the majors to avoid the power. I'd also check your injuries, it looks like you have accepted a fight that you will go into injured... this means an instant loss.

Also just one other thing the 140+ heart thing I dunno where you are getting it from but you avoided being knocked out due to your opponent losing position and getting put into half guard. The only reason he rocked you was your energy bar was on zero.

The sauna comes into effect at anything over 5 pounds. When they appeared in the game there was a notable jump in body gassing down to around middleweight. The top tier fighters at the time all dropped their weight to just under 5lb to cut. The only ones that didn't were surviving due to the CTD meta at the time. Once the CTD meta went out the window those guys got mashed and body gassed pretty quickly. Mike's changes to the game to counter the body gassing made it better but I don't know what he actually changed, there were three things that would have worked to balance it including taking out the sauna reduction. I still aired on the side of caution with it but tbh I am none the wiser on what was changed, I never did enough testing before I left to figure it out.

I am surprised you didn't know this especially since you pretty much took all your fighters weights down to the under 5lb mark. IIRC you cut down the weight when you fought Croft.

what's ctd

You should have your own division called the bitch division. What kind of an ape tries to tell his opponent what to do during a fight, aka 'keep it 100% standing'? It's like your pathetic belgian bitch, excuse me, 'beast', looking for one fight contracts and only striking opponents all over again

Are you feeling down again Andy?

• Upvote 1

I could go up to 185 pounds, the only change I would make is not being so reckless with my sliders and respecting the power of my opponents. It wouldn't make much of a difference with 5-6 other elite hiddens to work with. I never said it wasn't an advantage in my last point. My point was that it isn't my only advantage. I could do the same thing being overweight, there is a lot to work with, (again not bragging, just making a point). If A.D.A didn't have 140+ Heart, his "speed advantage" wasn't going to stop him from getting sent to the shadow realm from GNP, Big Heart did. In fact, Yonic had 50-60% energy left when I had 1%. I already lost the "energy" and "speed" advantage from gassing with all those subs. But I got to admit if someone pulled off that sub on one of my fighters I would be pretty pissed off :yes: . Maybe one day I might go down to 170 and try to pull off the same techniques weighing in at 187 at 170 just to prove a point. Then again though I want ADA to fight Arundel, Pekka and Atunes one day.

ADA is an absolute beast in ID orgs, thanks to his amazing learning speed, most of his hiddens and a well trained manager.

Nearly impossible to beat at ID level, so going to go win nearly or all his fights for now.

That is until he goes unrestricted. He won't be able to sub those guys as easily, while he will sucumb to their power. ADA bleeds rather quickly and will have big issue overcoming that against allround very solid fighters with some power.

I hope for you that I am wrong and luckily for you, I sometimes am. However, this feels to me like an ID beast only.

Cutting weight had nothing to do with a sauna and I don't recall the sauna having any impact on in game mechanics or fighter trends at all.

From the Wiki:

Sauna: All fighters that have to cut more than 5lbs of weight for a fight will use a sauna. If you build one at your gym it will cost an initial $1000 but you can receive extra income. Anyone who is a member of your gym can use the sauna for just $5. Also, if you are a public gym which has not reached its capacity, fighters from gyms without saunas and fighters who are not a member of a gym in your city, will also use your sauna to cut weight. They will pay a $50 flat fee for a day pass to the sauna.

from the looks of it, it's basically just an income generator. if you cut over 5 lbs you gotta pay some $

• Upvote 1

Are you feeling down again Andy?

Classic bjorn comeback by saying nothing. Have you accomplished anything in this game other than being a cherry picking carl and still havent cracked the top 10 in 7 years? It's cute watching you downvote all my posts btw, it's just words. Soft like

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/037000/037000619253.jpg?size=pdhi

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Classic bjorn comeback by saying nothing. Have you accomplished anything in this game other than being a cherry picking carl and still havent cracked the top 10 in 7 years? It's cute watching you downvote all my posts btw, it's just words. Soft like

http://mobileimages.lowes.com/product/converted/037000/037000619253.jpg?size=pdhi

If you want talk about your feelings, you can always send me a personal message, but please do not derail the thread.

The discussion about speed advantages is in fact interesting, you and me are not.

I think the sauna only comes into effect when you need to cut EXTRA weight to make weight. It's pretty fuckin useless tbh.

The sauna is only used if they need to cut that last 5 pound of what it says they can cut, won't make them cut more weight.

Meaning fighter is fighter at 170 and weights 180 and can cut to 164.1#, since he can doesn't need to cut his last 5# to make 170 he won't use the sauna, but if he could only cut to say 166.1# since that is under the last 5# he can cut he will use the sauna.

If your cut weight is within 5# of needed fight weight = use sauna / if can cut more then 5# under fight weight then sauna not used

It will not allow you to cut more weight then shown, I know wiki shows if more the 5# but it's the last 5# confirmed by looking thur fighters finances to see if they payed a fee to use the sauna.

Only dinooo would over complicate and over think the system of the sauna. Qlimax effect still lingering.

ADA is an absolute beast in ID orgs, thanks to his amazing learning speed, most of his hiddens and a well trained manager.

Nearly impossible to beat at ID level, so going to go win nearly or all his fights for now.

That is until he goes unrestricted. He won't be able to sub those guys as easily, while he will sucumb to their power. ADA bleeds rather quickly and will have big issue overcoming that against allround very solid fighters with some power.

I hope for you that I am wrong and luckily for you, I sometimes am. However, this feels to me like an ID beast only.

#1 Dude I went 100% aggression in my last fight, I already knew he was going to bleed before I even accepted the fight. It was a slider test to see if I could walk trough my opponent's power because I suspected he wa a pillow pucher. You think am going to let A.D.A walk down a power puncher? nonsense. By the time the next fight comes his injury will already be gone because the fight is in two weeks.

#2 I suspect I will still be able to get subs from bottom guard in unrestricted because my fighter is intelligent and I plan on giving him a red belt. Intelligence makes or break a ground fighter at the high levels and with superior skills, not worried at all. He has been able to sub other fighters with similar grappling prowess in his career before. I know it is hard to sub from top guard in unrestricted because of max defensive grappling, but I have slider prowess prepared for that I am not worried. O an Artie Banks, the reason why I suspected he was very high heart is because A.D.A struggled to get a reversal for the entire fight because he was facing superior wrestler, then all of a sudden he gets rocked and regains half guard, full guard, and reverses position, that shit is just not normal (AKA that is big heart).

#3 I know A.D.A is a true welterweight an a tweener Middleweight. Nevertheless, I'll keep his career in the weight classes as long as my strategies will work. 185 is not a long term solution, I will him down back eventually to 170 o that he is not soo undersized. But for right now, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

• Upvote 1

#1 Dude I went 100% aggression in my last fight, I already knew he was going to bleed before I even accepted the fight. It was a slider test to see if I could walk trough my opponent's power because I suspected he wa a pillow pucher. You think am going to let A.D.A walk down a power puncher? nonsense. By the time the next fight comes his injury will already be gone because the fight is in two weeks.

#2 I suspect I will still be able to get subs from bottom guard in unrestricted because my fighter is intelligent and I plan on giving him a red belt. Intelligence makes a break a ground fighter at the high levels and with superior skills, not worried at all. He has been able to sub other fighters with similar grappling prowess in his career before. I know it is hard to sub from top guard in unrestricted because of max defensive grappling, but I have slider prowess prepared for that I am not worried. O an Artie Banks, the reason why I suspected he was very high heart is because A.D.A struggled to get a reversal for the entire fight because he was facing superior wrestler, then all of a sudden he gets rocked and regains half guard, full guard, and reverses position, that shit is just not normal (AKA that is big heart).

#3 I know A.D.A is a true welterweight an a tweener Middleweight. Nevertheless, I'll keep his career in the weight classes as long as my strategies will work. 185 is not a long term solution, I will him down back eventually to 170 o that he is not soo undersized. But for right now, if it isn't broke don't fix it.

As said, I hope for you that you can prove me wrong, but his tendency to cut is too much and will be exploited by your opponents that you aren't able to sub.

As Manne and CK say as well, guys like Pekka would fuck ADA up.

I have nothing against you personally or your fighter, although I do not appreciate fighting underweight at all.

However, when allowed by the orgs, then so be it and it is up to the others to work around it and limit the advantage of the speed 'hack'.