weight/speed advantage

chuckw94

fair or unfair  

39 members have voted

1. 1. does the smaller fighter have an advantage

No problem man, thanks for the advice though. But since it isn't forbidden at Hardcore Fighting Championship, Im going to keep A.D.A at 180 for now. He is always one counter-punch away from a KO Punch loss anyway. I wouldn't doubt that both Arundel & Pekka would cut, and drop A.D.A, but I still believe he could get a sub & and or win a decision. :mf_popcorn1:

No problem man, thanks for the advice though. But since it isn't forbidden at Hardcore Fighting Championship, Im going to keep A.D.A at 180 for now. He is always one counter-punch away from a KO Punch loss anyway. I wouldn't doubt that both Arundel & Pekka would cut, and drop A.D.A, but I still believe he could get a sub & and or win a decision. :mf_popcorn1:

Time will tell.

Lets have some striker vs submissions fun with Bizi VS ADA next. Good luck man.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

what's ctd

Counter takedown.

Cutting weight had nothing to do with a sauna and I don't recall the sauna having any impact on in game mechanics or fighter trends at all.

From the Wiki:

Sauna: All fighters that have to cut more than 5lbs of weight for a fight will use a sauna. If you build one at your gym it will cost an initial $1000 but you can receive extra income. Anyone who is a member of your gym can use the sauna for just $5. Also, if you are a public gym which has not reached its capacity, fighters from gyms without saunas and fighters who are not a member of a gym in your city, will also use your sauna to cut weight. They will pay a $50 flat fee for a day pass to the sauna.

from the looks of it, it's basically just an income generator. if you cut over 5 lbs you gotta pay some $

Ja, I looked back at what Mike said about it originally being there and he said the only thing it changed was the fighters using the Sauna for anything over 5lb. There was a weird correlation that all of the fighters over the 5lb limit were suffering against guys under the 5lb limit. It was what I worked with and considering the other things around that time Mike had changed and it had knock on effects I ran with it, It looks like I was certainly wrong with it though.

PS. I was in Convicted at the time. I blame it on the fact you hotboxed the conference room.

150 power is 150 power whether it's at 135 or 265. Only difference is that when it's at 265 your energy tank gets lower a lot faster and makes you more prone to the KO.

This is easily solved by org owners just signing dudes to proper w/c's and not sending LW vs Hw fights regardless of the hype around it.

Instead of boosting power advantage, just size advantage. Should have a huge boost in the wrestling / control department. Especially from ground top positions.

BUT stats and physicals still gotta play a roll. Demetrius Johnson is beating the shit out of a lot of non-elite level LHW and HW "fighters".

150 power is 150 power whether it's at 135 or 265. Only difference is that when it's at 265 your energy tank gets lower a lot faster and makes you more prone to the KO.

This is easily solved by org owners just signing dudes to proper w/c's and not sending LW vs Hw fights regardless of the hype around it.

Instead of boosting power advantage, just size advantage. Should have a huge boost in the wrestling / control department. Especially from ground top positions.

BUT stats and physicals still gotta play a roll. Demetrius Johnson is beating the shit out if a lot of non-elite level LHW and HW "fighters".

In the Clinch too

taller, heavier guys should ragdoll little guys in the clinch like in real life.

BUT stats and physicals still gotta play a roll. Demetrius Johnson is beating the shit out of a lot of non-elite level LHW and HW "fighters".

But what would then be the disadvantage of height?

Right now, the balance is that height gives advantage in striking accuracy, but disadvantage in tdd, sub defense, and most likely ko power (ratio of weight/height factors in somehow). If height would give advantage to grappling, there would be little reason not to make the fighters as tall possible.

But what would then be the disadvantage of height?

Right now, the balance is that height gives advantage in striking accuracy, but disadvantage in tdd, sub defense, and most likely ko power (ratio of weight/height factors in somehow). If height would give advantage to grappling, there would be little reason not to make the fighters as tall possible.

Weight/Height allegedly impacts KO power and chin.

also taller fighters have better chance at submitting opponent.

I never said height should give an advantage to grappling either, that's ridiculous. "size" like your 190 cm 265 brock lesnar elite str build should be able to maul my elite whatever bantamweight on the ground and keep him there barring gassing out and really favorable rolls.

Yea I think more stockier build type of fighters have a better chin and can take more hits. But those who have a really tall fighter that is too much underweight suffer a chin hit. I always thought that shorter fighters were better at submissions?

Shorter stocky fighters equal harder to TD, harder to submit, long limbs equal easier to TD, easier to submit, better submissions.

• Upvote 1

If cardio's the only difference and the skill level is equal, the much bigger guy would destroy the smaller one 99/100 times.

99% is excessive when applying chin checking probability. Just takes 1.

Grappling maybe. Dan Hooker was a FW and I bet he's given MW Israel some hell before and Izzy has a substantial skill and athletic advantage imo.

Also if one person is gassed and one isn't, usually the one who isn't gasping for air is much more efficient.

The beauty of tycoon is the RNG, it keeps shit honest to some degree, so even if there is a meta or cheese, RNG often watches it blow up due to a series of random dice rolls.