weight/speed advantage

chuckw94

fair or unfair  

39 members have voted

1. 1. does the smaller fighter have an advantage

? Knees and elbows in mainland are pretty good at cutting. However, it is hard to get a stoppage with knees to the head unless your fighter has true power. Knees are still good for gassing & if you land a good succession of elbows the fight has a high chance of getting stopped. I would like Mike to increase damage by 5%, however I hope that doesn't become the new meta :D.

• Upvote 1

From the poll it seems obvious that a lighter fighter will win more often than not against a heavier opponent with comparable skill set.

This is clearly unrealistic and needs to change : (

In combat sports weight classes are mandatory to prevent smaller guys to get murdered by heavier ones, not the other way around...

• Upvote 2

I agree but I also don't want an overcorrection in the engine either and all of a suddenly behemoths just kill people with clinch lol. Maybe a 3-5% exponential average damage increase in punches, blows, and knees for fighters every 10-20 pounds

I like this idea

and yes everything has to be done little by little in order to not make current builds obsolete

• Upvote 1

Thats the fight that proves this whole argument.

And for 10thPlanetKTs question - he would have stalled about 2-3%.

If I had Nero La Croix as a fighter, I would have been spamming clinch. There was only 5 clinch attempts from his side during the whole fight. It wasn't like he was missing punches because he was "bigger". There needs to be a larger sample size to use that as a thesis to my antithesis. I would've tried hyper aggression, a good amount of stall, and knees only. Here is my antithesis to your thesis. :shades:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1010931

(One hit knee KO) (80 pound weight advantage) (aggressively controlling)

If I had Nero La Croix as a fighter, I would have been spamming clinch. There was only 5 clinch attempts from his side during the whole fight. It wasn't like he was missing punches because he was "bigger". There needs to be a larger sample size to use that as a thesis to my antithesis. I would've tried hyper aggression, a good amount of stall, and knees only. Here is my antithesis to your thesis. :shades:

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1010931

(One hit knee KO) (80 pound weight advantage) (aggressively controlling)

If you spam the clinch you will run your energy down rather quickly (not 100% sure but I think there are energy penalties against spamming takedowns/clinch that got implemented years ago to stop it). The problem about your theory is that over the years in Tycoon it is a well established principle that the smaller fighter has an advantage. Your whole theory is predicated on a tactic that requires four probabilities happening in order to succeed. The first being you instigate the clinch, the second being that that clinch isn't broken (stalling in the clinch doesn't help you stay in it - control does). The third probability is that you land a knee which is notoriously difficult to land to a fighter who is full energy. The fourth probability is that knee knocks your opponent out who has a granite chin and never been knocked out. It is like playing roulette and instead of betting on red or black, you decide to throw it all on a single number. It could happen sure but a vast majority of the time your are out of luck.

As far as the fight you are talking about goes? Your boy was a walking skeleton which is why after only two shots the guy went down like a sack of potatoes. He popped the good old flavour text previously that shows that he isn't long for this world and is self confident which usually means a chin below 100. The flavour text is down at the bottom of this just to show what I mean. There are too many variables to intelligently go around creating a principle on how to beat the smaller fighter by one particular tactic. The two things that we do know is a smaller fighter with a granite chin is a pain in the arse to try knock out and that there is a definite advantage to being the smaller fighter. The simple rule to stick to is stay in your weight class.

Krakenbreaker really does look like a pencil wearing a pair of gloves. Let's hope he has a gameplan to suit that ridiculous body shape.

• Upvote 2

#1 Well I can't really argue with anything you said so GG. The theory that I am suggesting takes 4 variables & specific scenarios that have to come past in the fight to work. I just wanted to show that it is not "impossible". We have talked about this topic many times in 2020, but if I can change the perspective of the more senior managers and give counters to the 5 pound under than that is fine with me. Look at ADA for example. Yes I do go 5 pounds under with him and use the speed advantage, but that is not the only reason why he wins.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=350932 (A.D.A)

#2 I do go 5 pounds under with him and use the speed advantage, but that is not the only reason why he wins. A.D.A. has a Granite Chin, 140+ Heart 130+ Confidence, and High Intelligence and Above Average Power. I usually predict my opponents sliders correctly over 90% of the time so he gets a lot of counters in the later rounds. Yet there was a time when people hated that a few months ago that I was going 5 under with ADA and SSS. At the end of the day, a manager will use there height weight, sliders, predictions, and RNG to there advantage as much as possible. It is not "impossible" to counter 5 pounds under.

That guys is Einstein level smart + 7+ learning speed. That might have something to do with him winning as he is so far ahead of the class.

Impressive though. Perfectly trained too. I tell meself at every major turn that I will only keep 7+ Granites and then I don`t :)

Oh I`m not arguing with you, honestly there is a ton of stuff in this game that will remain a mistery + theorycraft and that is what I love the most about it.

Games are so easy nowadays, fack life is so easy :)

My only grief is when 2 fighters with tremendous (not 5 lbs.) weight advantage collide the game should have the Humongous win a much higher % of the time, like in a Ngannou vs Zombie situation.

Good talk as always.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

#1 Well I can't really argue with anything you said so GG. The theory that I am suggesting takes 4 variables & specific scenarios that have to come past in the fight to work. I just wanted to show that it is not "impossible". We have talked about this topic many times in 2020, but if I can change the perspective of the more senior managers and give counters to the 5 pound under than that is fine with me. Look at ADA for example. Yes I do go 5 pounds under with him and use the speed advantage, but that is not the only reason why he wins.

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=350932 (A.D.A)

#2 I do go 5 pounds under with him and use the speed advantage, but that is not the only reason why he wins. A.D.A. has a Granite Chin, 140+ Heart 130+ Confidence, and High Intelligence and Above Average Power. I usually predict my opponents sliders correctly over 90% of the time so he gets a lot of counters in the later rounds. Yet there was a time when people hated that a few months ago that I was going 5 under with ADA and SSS. At the end of the day, a manager will use there height weight, sliders, predictions, and RNG to there advantage as much as possible. It is not "impossible" to counter 5 pounds under.

There isn't very much in tycoon that is 'impossible', RNG sees to that. It is the advantage is what I am saying which as you know clearly exists. In this game you can do all the homework in the world, predict the sliders absolutely spot on, have all the hiddens advantage in the world and for some unknown reason the dude pulls guard in the 5th and taps you with an armbar. It is the beauty of the game, you can either punch the air in victory or punch your monitor in rage. https://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=1018987 would have made me punch my monitor if I was the other guy.

I think you have misinterpreted the five pound under thing. What you are doing is gaining a clear advantage by being actually under the weight limit which is generally frowned upon and you will get some managers that just say no to the fight and tell you to fight in your proper weight class. The 5lb rule means you do not cut weight in the sauna. https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=96115 is an example of what I mean. He is actually 4.9lb over the weight limit but does not cut the weight in the sauna therefore he does not experience the energy loss from cutting weight in the sauna. It is the fine line between exploiting and gaining an advantage.

I could go up to 185 pounds, the only change I would make is not being so reckless with my sliders and respecting the power of my opponents. It wouldn't make much of a difference with 5-6 other elite hiddens to work with. I never said it wasn't an advantage in my last point. My point was that it isn't my only advantage. I could do the same thing being overweight, there is a lot to work with, (again not bragging, just making a point). If A.D.A didn't have 140+ Heart, his "speed advantage" wasn't going to stop him from getting sent to the shadow realm from GNP, Big Heart did. In fact, Yonic had 50-60% energy left when I had 1%. I already lost the "energy" and "speed" advantage from gassing with all those subs. But I got to admit if someone pulled off that sub on one of my fighters I would be pretty pissed off :yes: . Maybe one day I might go down to 170 and try to pull off the same techniques weighing in at 187 at 170 just to prove a point. Then again though I want ADA to fight Arundel, Pekka and Atunes one day.

I once saw Pekka spar a Wing Chun man. The poor guy came shuffling towards him all pidgeon toed going 'foom foom foom' with his little chain punches. One solid leg kick sent him rolling through the room, out the door, and ass first into a pile of goat shit outside the gym.

My bad. The fear of contracting herpes in public restrooms is overwhelming.

If Pekka isn't too :wheelchair: by the time A.D.A clears out his division he'll come over to Syn on a 1 fight deal to prove that Hardcore Fighters are nothing to fuck with. They say power is the last thing that goes, lets see if that clown has the power to get to A.D.A's chin. :training2: ,

Considering your boy got carved like a Christmas turkey by a guy with 2 tko wins today, I like my chances.

• Upvote 1