Highland - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

5 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

Was going to say that I would but I am already staff at SYN so dont know that I can also own an org.... Plus I have zero idea of how to run a successful org. LOL

Running something like Highland is super simple: Overpay to buy it, close the company, and give the overhyped island cans no other option than to go donate that hype to actual mainland fighters.  

Just now, CelticStryder said:

LOL..... you a bad man

Seinfeld Very Bad Man GIFs | Tenor

Our trusted, glorious leader Plumber Mike is the bad man.  Wonder what gave him the idea that integrating island fighters(something that was supposed to be its own entity/game completely) into mainland was the right thing to do.  Straight up retardation, which Callum obviously took advantage of but paying these fighters scraps and banking in a shit ton of profit because their hype integrated into the mainland mechanics too.  Gross.

4 minutes ago, imcool said:

Our trusted, glorious leader Plumber Mike is the bad man.  Wonder what gave him the idea that integrating island fighters(something that was supposed to be its own entity/game completely) into mainland was the right thing to do.  Straight up retardation, which Callum obviously took advantage of but paying these fighters scraps and banking in a shit ton of profit because their hype integrated into the mainland mechanics too.  Gross.

LOL.... I am just not ready to give up Gillie McCoy yet.... Don't make me start a petition to get everyone to donate to the noob fund so that it lives forever ;)

43 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Dying laughing at this recent exchange!  This was good stuff.  

All in good fun brother. LOL

Dumb question though..... even if Highland did close whats to stop someone else from just opening a new 25yo creation org and scooping up the Highland guys? Too much capital needed up front or would take to long to build up hype? Genuine curiousity as I know zero about running an org and ensuring it is profitable 

19 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

Dumb question though..... even if Highland did close whats to stop someone else from just opening a new 25yo creation org and scooping up the Highland guys? Too much capital needed up front or would take to long to build up hype? Genuine curiousity as I know zero about running an org and ensuring it is profitable 

Not much at all, other than the initial signing effort/signing bonuses/event costs.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, imcool said:

Not much at all, other than the initial signing effort/signing bonuses/event costs.

Exactly, there'd be quite a bit of up-front cost to get it set, but within about 3-4 events or so you'd have the hype of the org back up to about where it was before.  If done right.

1 hour ago, CelticStryder said:

Its really easy to make it profitable again, and there would be nothing stopping me from turning Thibby's Testers into Thibodeaux's Rogues to clean up the profits. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

16341082173242.jpg

Jerry "The Officer" Short (379233)

"Thanks for all. Whaaat a journey! What a history! I will remember that all till the end of my life, for sure. LOLZ.

Shout out to @clydebankblitz! Thanks for chance! Thanks for good fight offers, great opportunities. You are tha man!

Highland will be always in my heart, will stay forever.

17 fights! But it's not the end. See you soon.

Tough challenges are commin'!"

• Like 1

Hi folks.

So some of you won't have got the message as your inactivity clause was already invoked.

Life really just caught up with me and in 2023 I'm going to be gunning it and I just don't have loads of time to dedicate to MMATycoon. I considered leaving Highland with someone else, but a lot of you were quite vocal that you didn't want to continue if I wasn't running it, which I appreciate but left me without much option. Highland is over.

It's been a fantastic 2 years and many of you have reached out to show your appreciation of the org and that's fantastic to see. We brought something different to the game and I hope both new and old managers got something from that. We started in 2021, which for a few of you will have been one of the worst years of your life as you entered a third year straight of restrictions, so I hope we brought a little bit of enjoyment and something to forget about the madness for a little while whilst you sat at your computer.

It's been great for me and although I'm a bit gutted we didn't last longer than Highland Games back in 2014-2016, I think we've managed to close up shop with less unhappiness attached.

At the time of closing, between my account and the org account, there was 23 million in the bank. I'll likely be gone for a bit, so I'm breaking this money up amongst some of the managers who stuck with us through thick and thin and invested into the Highland project.

Thanks for a fun as hell 2 years and don't let your guys get crushed into oblivion by the hype farms haha.

• Like 2