Game Updates: New City or Shuffle Existing ones?

New Cities or Shuffling Existing Ones?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Mike is Open to making some changes, would you like to see 1 new City in the Tycoon Universe or a shuffle of existing ones

• Let's create a new City
    • Let's just shuffle existing ones

Hi managers,

There was quite a bit of talk about replacing Hilo with Miami this past month.  We reached out to Mike to see how feasible this would be on his part and maybe what other aesthetic improvements he was willing to do you know to keep the game fresh.

The MMA panorama has also changed since Tycoon was created with Miami, the Middle East and now just last weekend a 3rd african champion was crowned !! 

So after a few back-and-forth messages with Mike Tycoon he actually said he would be open to creating a completely new City if there was a demand. 

Let's all vote to see what most managers want. 

Feel free to post your pros and cons also here so we can have a respectful discussion on what would be best (to create or to shuffle).

thanks ! 

• Downvote 1

I will get the ball rolling.

I voted to shuffle existing ones since adding a new city will result in watering even more existing ones. 

Hilo and Sydney historically have not moved the needle, I can only imagine what adding another city to the map would do to them. 

I totally get Mike's original choices since Montreal had GSP and Hilo had BJ Penn and I guess we needed some Oceania representation so Australia came into play but as mentioned in Buzz the MMA panorama has fully changed. 

Sheiks are not just dumping turds on Instagram hoes' chests (hi Aryanniii)  nowadays but filling entire stadiums with that oil maney.  Kiwis are also more and more on the map as opposed to Aussies and 3 african champions rule the MMA wurld ! 

Let's discuss ! oh and vote :)  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd love to see extra cities being introduced but not replacing any existing ones. There is a lot of history in the game that would no longer make sense if a city was erased and that would bum me out. 

Regardless of what happens however, I think it's absolutely imperative that Mike changes the QFC system to a global one rather than per city. As the game is in 2021, QFC is broken and I would imagine be one of the biggest reasons a new player doesn't stick around. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

I will get the ball rolling.

I voted to shuffle existing ones since adding a new city will result in watering even more existing ones. 

Hilo and Sydney historically have not moved the needle, I can only imagine what adding another city to the map would do to them. 

I totally get Mike's original choices since Montreal had GSP and Hilo had BJ Penn and I guess we needed some Oceania representation so Australia came into play but as mentioned in Buzz the MMA panorama has fully changed. 

Sheiks are not just dumping turds on Instagram hoes' chests (hi Aryanniii)  nowadays but filling entire stadiums with that oil maney.  Kiwis are also more and more on the map as opposed to Aussies and 3 african champions rule the MMA wurld ! 

Let's discuss ! oh and vote :)  

All fair points except that all three of those African champions trained everywhere except Africa. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I'd love to see extra cities being introduced but not replacing any existing ones. There is a lot of history in the game that would no longer make sense if a city was erased and that would bum me out. 

Regardless of what happens however, I think it's absolutely imperative that Mike changes the QFC system to a global one rather than per city. As the game is in 2021, QFC is broken and I would imagine be one of the biggest reasons a new player doesn't stick around. 

This. It is a far more important feature for new blood to stay in this game as they currently can’t get a QFC fight for days and sit idle.

New cities are nice and all, but not really a priority development is it.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Somebody tag Mike in this. It should be priority #1... No offense but screw people having too much money and nothing to do with it, that is literally the least of the games problems, make rich ass managers give money to new players if they want to spend it so damn bad... We need QFC to be completely overhauled and moved to a global scale.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I voted to shuffle current cities around but after thinking about this, I am 100% against replacing any pre-existing cities purely from a "lore" perspective. Almost all of my enjoyment for this game comes from the story and roleplay side of things these days and I will always vote for the things that enhance that experience. 

My suggestions for new cities (obviously don't add them all), which I've touched on previously would be: 

Dubai - has quickly become a fight capital of the world for MMA and boxing, massive economy (fitting to tycoon) and would cover an area of the world not currently featured

Phuket - all of our fighters train in Muay Thai, we have kickboxing promotions (which could be styled as MT) & the closest time zones in game are 4 hours behind it / 2 ahead. Again, it would cover an area of the globe not currently included

Hong Kong / Beijing - Self-explanatory - one of the biggest countries in the world currently housing tonnnn of new gyms and will likely be the next big MMA fight capital in a few years time

Singapore - Not nearly as important as the above few but is an alternative to Phuket as a SEA representative.

What we definitely don't need is another North American city.

This though, whatever happens. Cities add a ton of flavour and depth to the game, making it far more enjoyable for players like myself, but without overhauling the QFC system they ultimately do more damage than good.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Keep voting please, I will point Mike to this thread now that we have a couple of good comments and ideas. 

I just want to set expectations though, this thread and idea was completely cosmetic, to add fun to teh game. Mike's original comment to my first email was, and I quote, " In terms of actually swapping a city, it's not THAT hard but I dont think it really achieves anything. " 

So with your added idea (merge QFC's) we actually do better the game, just not sure how much work that takes.  The only thing I ask is that if Mike says no to touching the QFC but yes to adding or shuffling a city or two that we stay positive and not negative like when he added the Retired Hiddens changes.

We should be able to get 20+ votes at least and see where we stand on this. And see if Mike is open to merging QFC's while we are at it. 

thanks 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do not particularly support the idea of replacing cities. I think adding cities will do good in people who wish to start up their very own promotions and try to become a top ten eventually. I think Miami is a great idea but there are already so many U.S. cities in the current Tycoon game. 

I think there are a few hotspots that could be placed in the game. 

• Lagos Nigeria (14 million People with 2 UFC Champions)
  • Mexico City, Mexico (8.5 Million People with 0 Champions)
  • Bangkok, Thailand (8.5 Million People with Multiple OneFC Champions)
  • Beijing, China (21 Million People with 1 UFC Champion & 1 ONEFC Champion) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, Monsieur.Camara said:

Keep voting please, I will point Mike to this thread now that we have a couple of good comments and ideas. 

I just want to set expectations though, this thread and idea was completely cosmetic, to add fun to teh game. Mike's original comment to my first email was, and I quote, " In terms of actually swapping a city, it's not THAT hard but I dont think it really achieves anything. " 

So with your added idea (merge QFC's) we actually do better the game, just not sure how much work that takes.  The only thing I ask is that if Mike says no to touching the QFC but yes to adding or shuffling a city or two that we stay positive and not negative like when he added the Retired Hiddens changes.

We should be able to get 20+ votes at least and see where we stand on this. And see if Mike is open to merging QFC's while we are at it. 

thanks 

Should you message Mike, perhaps send him meanwhile a link to an actual thread made in August 2014 (!) by a mod, who put all suggested improvements together and even classified them by number of upvotes. Those have been suggested years ago, were highly supported by the community, but hardly any have been tackled at all. 

So if he actually wants to put work in, the groundwork has been laid 7years ago.. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Zello said:

You already know my answer.

Replace Hilo with Miami.

13 hours ago, Zello said:

They've had some in the Miami Metro area. In Sunrise, Florida and Hollywood, Florida.

We need Miami in the game!

As much as I love Miami, we already have 4 North American cities. I also think we have enough European cities. I agree that despite potentially not having had an event, somewhere rogue in Asia could be cool to compliment the growing market and the fact that we only actually have 1 Asian city in game. I guess we shouldn't be thinking about whether they have had an event or not, but also factoring in whether gyms exist there, clothing companies etc...

I think UAE should be fairly high on the priority list, given the fact that it has already hosted loads of events.

So I'd suggest adding a Korean / Chinese city and Abu Dhabi. But I also don't think Phuket is bad given it's such a hub for training.

EDIT - Of course an African city should be in there also (see below)

• Upvote 1

Even though I don't really get the point in the cities, I'd say in terms of actually saying "What are the biggest places?"

Hilo would be gone first. Even UFC can't get Hawaii events to happen. Amsterdam has a very small local MMA scene, and even their kickboxing seems few and far between now. 

Poland falls maybe only behind USA and Brazil as the biggest MMA country in the world. They have like 10 active promotions, with KSW being treated as bigger than UFC in the country. I'd say getting Warsaw in there would be number one.

There's nothing currently in Africa and especially right now with Africa starting to boom, it'd just make sense to throw something down. My suggestion would be Cameroon, because anyone with their ear to the ground can ear the rumble of 300 giants making their way into MMA.

UAE is a no brainer. Not even just because of the whole Fight Island connection, but there's a massive push right now. UAE Warriors has been fantastic and I think Brave takes a trip down south quite often to throw on an event.

Asia is a weird one, because there isn't actually much happening. Japan has everything, and even though we see ONE tour around, it's not like there's a large amount of fighters breaking through to a high level. At a push I'd say the Philippines as you'd got a few ONE and Brave guys representing.

But as I said, I don't even see the point in the cities, especially if we're ridding travel, QFC and City-Specific Gyms, genuinely don't see what the concept is anymore. 

• Upvote 1

It’s not about travel though, it’s all contextual. Just like saying “I don’t see the point in choosing the country fighters are from, fighter names etc...” It just adds another flavour to the game really and enables area specific branding.

And as I echoed in a previous thread, 1 African city would be nice even if there aren’t any well respected camps / fight orgs based there. 3 African UFC champs right now so it’s clearly a growing market for fighter origins. I’d go with Lagos, given there are far more UFC fighters from Nigeria than Cameroon.

My preference:

1. Abu Dhabi, UAE

2. Lagos, Nigeria

(3. Phuket, Thailand)

In terms of “replacing cities”, I think mechanically Mike could effectively make Hilo & Amsterdam/Sydney “dormant/inactive”, so the legacy/history would still be there but you could no longer create any companies/orgs out of there. You would then create new cities to replace them but the legacies wouldn’t be overwritten.

• Upvote 1