Crazy idea... but...

Bleakardor

So HFC is looking to populate it's 135 division.  We've decided to try something a little... different.

Starting at 375k, we will be opening up the 135 division for a FEMALE only division.  I know there are no in game avatars, but this can give you a chance to pick up a new custom avatar and see if we can roll out a female only division at 135.  I know we have only a few females playing this game, but the ones I have spoken to are very excited for this opportunity and I think this could help the avatar guys make a little more money as well.  And being the 135, it just seems fitting.

So, would love to hear some feedback from the managers out there, but also feel free to contact me once you have a fighter made for this if interested and I'll get you a contract.  I will also over the week start to work on a few generic female avatars to see if we can get Mike to approve them.  I expect to have some ugly bitches due to the manly faces we may end up with, but I think we can pull this one off.  Let's see your creative side kick in!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

I don't particularly like Female MMA but in 2021, the game is really showing it's age not being able to create female fighters. 

I think the main negative is that all the text is masculine. This probably wouldn't be too hard of a fix, just time consuming but until that was done, it would seriously take you out of the immersion (well, me at least. Everyone else might be ok with it)

I'm guessing programming the game to tell the difference between male and female would be a lot more work and I doubt that would be on top of the list of stuff to do. 

• Upvote 1

It'll just further thin out an already thin division and would also hurt the others too, so there's no point this late into the game. Mike would also never allow it on the basis that there are no female avatars - and I believe he also has no means to create new ones in the same style / with the same model.

I used to be really for the idea but after realising it would be really bad for fighter numbers I'm against it now 

• Upvote 1

I like the creativity, but it won't be possible anyway.

Mike is first of all already not a fan of the idea (be it for female avatars or the fact that he would have to get his programmer to do some work), and you didn't run it past him yet it seems. So in my humble opinion, don't waste your time or energy on it, before you ever get a green light by Mike.

• Upvote 2

If Mike implemented WMMA on a wide scale, then sure, divisions may be split up... but no one's creating 135 fighters regardless. 

So I don't see how this one off by J.W would affect anything.

Even if it flopped you'll probably have max ~20 female 135er fighters who can go fight elsewhere. Quick name/avatar change for those that care, and those that don't can go have some intergender fights. Not as if the game characters have been high on the 'realism' scale in recent times anyway 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Rei said:

It'll just further thin out an already thin division and would also hurt the others too, so there's no point this late into the game. Mike would also never allow it on the basis that there are no female avatars - and I believe he also has no means to create new ones in the same style / with the same model.

I used to be really for the idea but after realising it would be really bad for fighter numbers I'm against it now 

That's really all it's down to. The game is showing its age but not only are divisions already a little thin at times, but female fighters cant even just move up or down to make up the numbers in a different division.

• Upvote 2

I'm saying HFC would be only 135.  Not saying that it couldn't be done elsewhere.  The 135 wouldn't be split up because as of now, we have NOBODY at 135.  This would ONLY add numbers to that division.  If Mike wanted to not change the game text, so be it.  I'm sure female fighters could ignore the random masculine comments just for the opportunity to RP a female athlete or use a female avatar.  Mike wouldn't have to do anything at all but accept the avatars.  As it stands now, the game is a bit sexist then, leaving no market for females to play.  Why not let them participate if they want to?

If the 135 did well at HFC, or sparked some interest, I would be willing to have someone host an org specifically for females or even a sub-division for other divisions in HFC.  That just wouldn't allow for a belt.  But I already have females using female names/characters with a male avatar against male fighters. Just would like a home for them.

Now, if Mike wanted to allow this full scale and add the mod, this would be great for the game itself.  And it could even bring in a few more (paying) managers to participate in the game.  As of now, most women would look at the game and walk away because of lack of female fighters.

3 hours ago, Icon73 said:

While I love innovation to the game im not really for this idea simply for the fact that 135 is already thin enough. Don't need it to get thinner. Fighter pool needs to be bigger not split up

If 20 managers made female 135 characters to join this female only division, how would it make less 135 fighters in the whole game?  No 135 fighters would be moving from male to female as we'd be 375k+ only for them.  Very few managers make 135ers as it is already.  They would simply have a spot to compete and have a new avatar.  And, if it didn't work out, they could change avatar and move to another org or w/e and .. wait for it.. there would be 20 MORE fighters at 135.

If Mike wants to do the mod and make it full blown female divisions, I think that would be awesome but needs to be across the board for the game.  Then, it would just allow more variant to the game and again not exclusively 135.  What I'm offering/asking is simply for managers to be able to use female names and avatars to compete in a unique, and potentially fun new division at 135 where fighters are already lacking.

29 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

If 20 managers made female 135 characters to join this female only division, how would it make less 135 fighters in the whole game?  No 135 fighters would be moving from male to female as we'd be 375k+ only for them.  Very few managers make 135ers as it is already.  They would simply have a spot to compete and have a new avatar.  And, if it didn't work out, they could change avatar and move to another org or w/e and .. wait for it.. there would be 20 MORE fighters at 135.

If Mike wants to do the mod and make it full blown female divisions, I think that would be awesome but needs to be across the board for the game.  Then, it would just allow more variant to the game and again not exclusively 135.  What I'm offering/asking is simply for managers to be able to use female names and avatars to compete in a unique, and potentially fun new division at 135 where fighters are already lacking.

Sorry people started talking about programming it and stuff like that and I'm saying I'm against it being apart of the game as an actual function.

Thats just my opinion though, I feel like that programing time could be way better spent. Like fixing org ticket sales so most of it isn't papering or the countless other things we can list.

12 minutes ago, stpierrecanada said:

I like the idea but trusting that people wouldn’t just use the female avatars for a bunch of their other fighters wouldn’t work.

Yeah I’m sure you’re right. Strangely, I’ve seen Mike accept several female avatars for PAs though including the below which is straight lifted and shifted from another MMA game

A5625BF8-4681-41CF-B9BC-3ABD661C8A1F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

I've been told low blows hurt chicks too... lol, wouldn't take much tweaking.  "Kicked her right in the vagina.  Damn, that's gonna be soar tonight!"

No. It must remain "kicked her in the penis"

I'm on board with this idea though in all seriousness. It can be a limited time, limited person thing. What's the worst that could happen?

• Upvote 2

48 Fighters to be created until we hit 375k mark.

If anyone has any female avatars to attempt to submit for this, go for it.  If Mike will approve the avatars, we'll kick this thing off.  I'll spend some time tomorrow trying to make a few female avatars also.  375k+ only, able to cut to 135.  Female names only.  If he won't approve them, then it's an obvious no from his stand point and I'll find someone to harp him about the transgender movement and his discrimination against them and/or females or some random BS like that.. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1