free agents with custom avatars

graps

4 minutes ago, graps said:

Hi, if I picked a couple of fighters up from free agents list and they already had their custom avatars is it ok to keep them like that or do I need to change them for a standard avatar? 

Keep them unless you’re told otherwise - some assholes are difficult about removing avatars though so don’t be that guy ;) 

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever seen anybody have an issue with a guy keeping an avatar attached to a fighter if it was left that way upon release.  Hell, some folks like to see the "personality" continue with that guy going forward.  What I think just about everybody (with a douche exception here or there) agrees is out of bounds is taking that avatar, saving it off, and submitting it to Mike as if it's yours now for continued use on any other fighter you have.  I know that wasn't the question here, but I've seen it done and I've heard the bullshit excuses for why they feel they're entitled to do that.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HareRumpler said:

I don't think I've ever seen anybody have an issue with a guy keeping an avatar attached to a fighter if it was left that way upon release.  Hell, some folks like to see the "personality" continue with that guy going forward.  What I think just about everybody (with a douche exception here or there) agrees is out of bounds is taking that avatar, saving it off, and submitting it to Mike as if it's yours now for continued use on any other fighter you have.  I know that wasn't the question here, but I've seen it done and I've heard the bullshit excuses for why they feel they're entitled to do that.

thats douche as fuck. Fighters I dont want to keep the av I xpend the time, effort and vip days to change name+face

• Downvote 1

44 minutes ago, JudoJoker said:

Slightly different question. I made an avatar for someone several months ago and they've since left the game. 

How taboo would it be if I tried to resubmit it for myself?

If you made it for someone else, I don't think it's fair for you to submit it for yourself(unless you get the permission of the other party of course). 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, imcool said:

If you made it for someone else, I don't think it's fair for you to submit it for yourself(unless you get the permission of the other party of course). 

Yeah I agree - I came back to the game after a couple years out and some people had taken my avatars which was really annoying. I created that persona for a reason

• Upvote 3

What about Camara's fighters tho?

He left what, 15 fighters out in the market? They all had custom avs.

Its not like he is coming back, because account was banned. Those avs are "ownerless" now... They aren't attached to any account.

Is it free game for whoever picked the FA to snab it?

EDIT: By snab it I mean submitting it for yourself

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

30 minutes ago, barney said:

What about Camara's fighters tho?

He left what, 15 fighters out in the market? They all had custom avs.

Its not like he is coming back, because account was banned. Those avs are "ownerless" now... They aren't attached to any account.

Is it free game for whoever picked the FA to snab it?

Snab it to use it for another fighter ? No. 

Keep using it for that same picked up fighter? Sure 

At least, that is my opinion. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

Snab it to use it for another fighter ? No. 

Keep using it for that same picked up fighter? Sure 

At least, that is my opinion. 

Nobody owns the avatar anymore why would he not be able to use it? Its literally the definition of public domain. And him using actually makes mike more money. If somebody gets deleted they have no claim to them anymore. Its public property.

• Downvote 2