PPV Orgs Dropping Like Flies

10thPlanetKT

Where have all the top 5 ppvs organizations are gone? PRIDE, PULSE & EMPIRE have gone extinct. GAMMA no longer has the huge roster it once had. HARDCORE also lost it's owner ?. It think there needs to be more guides on how to run and maintain and org. Because although being a owner might be fun in the beginning, it is not a job to do alone. Especially when many of us are grown and have jobs, families, responsibilities that are way more important than this game. However I firmly believe that if those who are starting to get annoyed with the day-day operations of an org had ore than just themselves to rely on to do everything and had 5-10 actual players helping them it would be more fun and orgs wouldn't have to close. There needs to be way more information on booking shows, matchmaking fights, designing logos, negotiating super fights, scaling a promotion, then one owner wouldn't have to do all of those on their own. I think I have a valid point but le me know what y'all think.

• Upvote 1

Pros and cons.

You never want to lose an org like PFC but Syn is finally the undisputed uncontested UFC of tycoon. This is a true milestone, the amount of top ranked fighters crowding its divisions are a beautiful thing. All that Chuck money finally paid off and kstacks just needs to remember to click the PPV button to keep the ship rolling.

The current fighter pool doesn't bode well for more unrestricted orgs, and restricted ID orgs have to deal with the PPV orgs feasting on their talent as the ID fighters skills start to max out and they clean their divisions or start to look for higher ranked opponents.

Hardcore and WCF are in a tough position with the PPV orgs chomping at the bit.

Syn > SFL > Combate > GAMMA > Odense

appears to be the hierarchy for the unrestricted PPV org talent pool. GAMMA and Combate are close but Combate will win the sprint, Mentor has proven to be all about the war of attrition.

It's a shame @bjornmma1 must rot in the Gulag because there's a lot of fighter hype the game could use, but the comical aspect of it brings me great joy.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

On 9/15/2021 at 10:24 AM, 10thPlanetKT said:

Where have all the top 5 ppvs organizations are gone? PRIDE, PULSE & EMPIRE have gone extinct. GAMMA no longer has the huge roster it once had. HARDCORE also lost it's owner ?. It think there needs to be more guides on how to run and maintain and org. Because although being a owner might be fun in the beginning, it is not a job to do alone. Especially when many of us are grown and have jobs, families, responsibilities that are way more important than this game. However I firmly believe that if those who are starting to get annoyed with the day-day operations of an org had ore than just themselves to rely on to do everything and had 5-10 actual players helping them it would be more fun and orgs wouldn't have to close. There needs to be way more information on booking shows, matchmaking fights, designing logos, negotiating super fights, scaling a promotion, then one owner wouldn't have to do all of those on their own. I think I have a valid point but le me know what y'all think.

There is no guide in the world that someone could write that would prepare you for the shit you have to deal with running a top org. Most of the information on things like PPVs and how they work died out a long time ago. It is literally now a just pump money into ads and away you go. You could probably count on one hand the amount of people who could realistically write a guide on how they done it and even then everyone has different circumstances. 

The best examples I could give really are like this 

Mentor - held a mid tier org until he got caught cheating, lost a fair few fighters and it looked 'doomed'. Created an alliance which basically invited everyone and anyone and within a year through the strength of the guys he recruited into his org they managed to field a really good roster of fighters. 

Louie - Created an org in what was the cesspit of the game Sydney. Got invited to join the Blitz corp but it still didn't really help other than getting access to the PPV information. He got offered to run and eventually own Syn and I couldn't tell you what happened after that because I wasn't here. As far as alliances etc go, Louie mainly managed to get on well with pretty much everyone and was easy enough to work with. 

Megajug - Created an org with the intention of creating a super org - annoyed the absolute shit out of everyone for the first year. Eventually he settled down and the rift between the Finns and TheFightersPit died down. He merged Empire into IMMA and created Evolution. He survived initially on his friendship with the Finn Fighters and eventually relied on poaching everyone in sight as well as buying any org that went on the market and merging it into Evo. I once slapped him through the computer screen for offering 1.8mil or something stupid for an org with no fighters in the top 100. I liked Jug but he was pretty much a like him or hate him type of guy. 

Steel - Probably the first person to really make something out of being an ID org. I know he ran it with someone else (I want to say Jeff Ram). NGF and Immortals dominated the 150k ID spot. It got to the stage where they were either going to have to merge or lose their fighters - so they merged. They had a good go of it but eventually they were losing some of their talents due to poaching and fighters getting bored of fighting each other so they eventually sold it off. NGF was great for its user interaction and Steel was a decent enough guy to deal with. Their biggest problem was they were struggling for money and couldn't keep up with the bigger orgs in terms of contracts (at this time money still meant something in the game). 

Skinny Vince - The guy that taught me how orgs worked. He started his own org out of spite - Matty the owner of Blitz at the time pissed him off who he previously worked for. His org struggled a bit to start with and then the Blitz which was the biggest org in the game closed its doors. It left a power vacuum and Vince was one of the first people to pounce. Him and Gable decided to work together like they did in Blitz and instead of Blitz being one org - they wanted it to be multiple orgs. You had Ascension (Blitz LA), Blitz Rio (Changed to Blitz NY), Blitz: Hilo (owned by Chuck Grace), Blitz St Petes (James and Crisse) and Blitz Down Under (owned by Louie). At one point the top five orgs in the game were these five orgs rankings wise. It eventually fell apart when Vince and Gable quit. I gave Ascension to Fuse and IHHU who both worked for me previously, Blitz NY became Empire before being swallowed by IMMA. The other orgs fell apart when their owners quit and merged into other orgs. BDU as I said had Louie who went to Syn.  

That is pretty much the five ways of running a successful org. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Seems like an an extreme case of house of cards & competitive game theory! ?Will definitely come back to this post if need be in the future. I just find that owners are too hard on themselves as far as wanting to do everything. It leads to burnout time an time again. I have seen with my own two eyes or the last two years or so of  me being active everyday. The guides for running an org are perhaps dated like you say.

Maybe if their was a thread under "fight organizations" for guys to share the good & the bad of daily operations it will make it seem like a less daunting task. Even me I have always wanted to be involved, but I am learning a whole nothing language studying abroad in university/self improvement that being an "owner" is not feasible. The booking, matchmaking, dealing with multis, ads, posters, competitive poaching, super fights, managing a large roster, it sounds like a headache just thinking about it. Wouldn't last a week. And I know many orgs have a family, relationship, and work full time and do all this shit as well. Way busier than me. I would however, be willing to take on one of these ownership roles if their was a guide well defining it and there is a support system of multiple admins running the org with a clearly defined role. I'm on here at least an hour daily anyway. So that the owner isn't overwhelmed by doing everything. There are over 900 people online right now which is higher than it has ever been (granted some are just multing).

Their should just be easier access to this information. I looked it up time and time again under guides but they are outdated. A little back in forth banter between top mangers, day to day operations, guides on how to do different jobs in orgs, will attract more people to help ya'll. Literally yesterday Chuck is looking to sell Catch Wrestling Championship. I'd rather not the only orgs that are functional are ID orgs that crumble after the next announcement of a new ID. It is trending towards that direction.

18 minutes ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

Seems like an an extreme case of house of cards & competitive game theory! ?Will definitely come back to this post if need be in the future. I just find that owners are too hard on themselves as far as wanting to do everything. It leads to burnout time an time again. I have seen with my own two eyes or the last two years or so of  me being active everyday. The guides for running an org are perhaps dated like you say.

Maybe if their was a thread under "fight organizations" for guys to share the good & the bad of daily operations it will make it seem like a less daunting task. Even me I have always wanted to be involved, but I am learning a whole nothing language studying abroad in university/self improvement that being an "owner" is not feasible. The booking, matchmaking, dealing with multis, ads, posters, competitive poaching, super fights, managing a large roster, it sounds like a headache just thinking about it. Wouldn't last a week. And I know many orgs have a family, relationship, and work full time and do all this shit as well. Way busier than me. I would however, be willing to take on one of these ownership roles if their was a guide well defining it and there is a support system of multiple admins running the org with a clearly defined role. I'm on here at least an hour daily anyway. So that the owner isn't overwhelmed by doing everything. There are over 900 people online right now which is higher than it has ever been (granted some are just multing).

Their should just be easier access to this information. I looked it up time and time again under guides but they are outdated. A little back in forth banter between top mangers, day to day operations, guides on how to do different jobs in orgs, will attract more people to help ya'll. Literally yesterday Chuck is looking to sell Catch Wrestling Championship. I'd rather not the only orgs that are functional are ID orgs that crumble after the next announcement of a new ID. It is trending towards that direction.

Well I'll add a few things here. Org owners don't try and take on all the work themselves, nobody really wants to work for an org these days. People could easily learn a lot about how to run an org by taking a job and asking questions while getting paid and helping. 

I will say a lot of what people feel is outdated with the wiki isn't. Most of it still holds up. I have been successful with 75% of my knowledge coming from the wiki and the other 25% from trial and error.

Currently we have 4 good open ID orgs (SYN, SFL, Combate, GAMMA)

3 mid level Open ID orgs

(Odense, SMASH, Grunge)

Open ID is in a pretty solid place if you ask me

Part of what kills open ID rosters and orgs is ID restricted orgs and spar bots.

ID restricted orgs like Hardcore and SFL before is recently heavily restrict the talent pool of new available elite open ID fighters. So as a result Open ID becomes a older fighters game.

As for spar bots I see many perfectly good top 500 p4p fighters get picked up and turned into spar bots in there prime. Hell all the way up to top 100 p4p ive seen it happen. 

Sparbots are created at a drastically high rate because we have no idea what the fighters hidens are. So we just turn them into sparbots and take all the money that was left in the account by the previous manager. I'm guilty myself, half of my roster are just former top fighters from Syn that I turned into sparbots because I didn't know if they were any good so I just took the easy way out. Now I see why owners often offer new contracts for new owners to entice them to stay and fight once in awhile. But I always ignored them.

19 minutes ago, 10thPlanetKT said:

Sparbots are created at a drastically high rate because we have no idea what the fighters hidens are. So we just turn them into sparbots and take all the money that was left in the account by the previous manager. I'm guilty myself, half of my roster are just former top fighters from Syn that I turned into sparbots because I didn't know if they were any good so I just took the easy way out. Now I see why owners often offer new contracts for new owners to entice them to stay and fight once in awhile. But I always ignored them.

Don't you just check hiddens by checking there old Tale of the tape? Feel like its not different when you pick up a new fighter no? Also yeah I understand not wanting to fight with your own fighter but I feel like thats the whole point of FA. If you don't wanna fight with him let someone else have em. This isn't targeted at you BTW just saying in general.

Yea no offense taken. I could just look at the tale of the tape but it doesn't always "tell the story". I like fighters with high IQ fighters above all else. When stats, physicals, sliders, quality are equal an adapting fighter will gives me an edge to win when it is close and win by decision. If I find one with 20-30 bouts in with a PPV level fighter that I have never used and just want the money from in the past I was just lazy and took the money and changed it to a sparbots. It could be difficult determining their IQ or hiddens if they were maxed out from the beginning. Can't tell if they are a contender or pretender.  It was less work that way. Also if they are declining and getting old that is yet another factor to decide whether or not they should continue or fighting or just take the easy way out. I think I have at least  4 former Syn fighters on my roster like that. But I'll definitely try to be more mindful of that this year. 

On 9/15/2021 at 12:24 PM, 10thPlanetKT said:

Syn merged CFC and PFC, so they have most of the talent currently. Prior to that, there was a pretty balanced situation with PPV orgs, we had CFC/Syn/PFC/GAMMA at about the same level, which is why we started the Super league in the first place. Eventually we will have a new rotation of talent, some orgs will die or merge and new ID orgs will survive the grind to PPV level. 

• Upvote 5

On 9/16/2021 at 7:41 PM, 10thPlanetKT said:

The most daunting thing really about orgs is dealing with people and match making. The ads etc are very easy - you could teach a monkey on how to do them in an hour or two. I don't think poaching is much of a problem - everyone done it. Few guys called foul to the ref who were known poachers. Whenever a big org was being merged into another one it was a free for all. I want to say NGF merged with GAMMA - I am fairly certain that me and Jug managed to get most of the top guys from there. 

I started running Ascension in March and by July I was burned out and brought in Fuse and IHHU. Fuse done the contracts and IHHU done the match making. I dealt with the politics and other shit which allowed me to stay until the end of the year before passing the org off. I took over it again when Crisse and Life left but I quickly gave it to Scott Davies because at this point I was done with the bitching and accusations. I worked for Evo for about a year and all I did was the dark arts of owning an org. 

The burn out is really a pain in the ass. You can have 60-70 managers in the org that are decent enough to deal with and just have a couple of asses which make your life hell. 

To Icon - As far as spar bots go? They have been a thing in the game for 11 years or so now. People pick them up strictly to help bring on their next crop of talent. Having them fight is just a pain in the ass and isn't good for your ranking as a manager either. I had to pick up 8 or so and a few of them I had to get released from contracts because I had no intentions of fighting them. These were fighters that if I didn't pick up, would have went to the Bahamas. That is what happens to a vast majority of sparbots. Some people just retire their fighters because they know they are declining bad. Funnily enough none of the org owners had a problem in releasing these guys - all of whom I would seriously consider putting a fighter in their orgs once they are ready because they dealt with it so cool - you get some that used to be real assholes about it - needless to say i'd never send a fighter there. 

• Upvote 1

Alfred did nail it. I've always had a freebee in Highland and Highland Games. People love their fighters but in a "Any man any time" mood. If anything sometimes I need to convince people to take a step back I competition rather than ducking. If I ran a non-ID org I can see myself having a LOT of issues.

That being said I welcome complications. If someone is like "Not that guy" I also think "Oh shite this is a REAL fighter manager. Okay what makes sense?". But I imagine I always have an easy ride as most managers just give their fighters whole path in the matchmaking.

2 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

The most daunting thing really about orgs is dealing with people and match making. The ads etc are very easy - you could teach a monkey on how to do them in an hour or two. I don't think poaching is much of a problem - everyone done it. Few guys called foul to the ref who were known poachers. Whenever a big org was being merged into another one it was a free for all. I want to say NGF merged with GAMMA - I am fairly certain that me and Jug managed to get most of the top guys from there. 

I started running Ascension in March and by July I was burned out and brought in Fuse and IHHU. Fuse done the contracts and IHHU done the match making. I dealt with the politics and other shit which allowed me to stay until the end of the year before passing the org off. I took over it again when Crisse and Life left but I quickly gave it to Scott Davies because at this point I was done with the bitching and accusations. I worked for Evo for about a year and all I did was the dark arts of owning an org. 

The burn out is really a pain in the ass. You can have 60-70 managers in the org that are decent enough to deal with and just have a couple of asses which make your life hell. 

To Icon - As far as spar bots go? They have been a thing in the game for 11 years or so now. People pick them up strictly to help bring on their next crop of talent. Having them fight is just a pain in the ass and isn't good for your ranking as a manager either. I had to pick up 8 or so and a few of them I had to get released from contracts because I had no intentions of fighting them. These were fighters that if I didn't pick up, would have went to the Bahamas. That is what happens to a vast majority of sparbots. Some people just retire their fighters because they know they are declining bad. Funnily enough none of the org owners had a problem in releasing these guys - all of whom I would seriously consider putting a fighter in their orgs once they are ready because they dealt with it so cool - you get some that used to be real assholes about it - needless to say i'd never send a fighter there. 

Mate I'm not referring to those fighters. I can show you 10 fighters RN who are fairly young who were spar botted with a high rank even though they could be competitive in my org. 

Guys just like this

https://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=317291

Sparbotted since 33 while being highly ranked.

As I have always said, the few org owners who have been around for years, are the real backbone of this game.
Without their commitment, there wouldn't be much at all on here.  

It speaks volumes for the state of the game that the game owner is far less committed than the average player. 
When the few veteran managers who keep things running fall away, it will be hard to get anything done. 
If that happens, Hibernation Mike will have to rise (if he can bring himself to doing so) and start automatically ran orgs that need (virtually) zero input from the players. If that happens, then pretty much the last personal touch to the game will have disappeared and with that most of the active (small) user base.

But for now, I guess we should just be thankful for those who do commit to the game and not hope on any type of revival from him who should be....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bjornmma1 said:

As I have always said, the few org owners who have been around for years, are the real backbone of this game.

It speaks volumes for the state of the game that the owner is far less committed than the average player. 
When the few veteran managers who keep things running fall away, it will be hard to get anything done. 
If that happens, Hibernation Mike will have to rise (if he can bring himself to doing so) and start automatically ran orgs that need (virtually) zero input from the players. If that happens, then pretty much the last personal touch to the game will have disappeared and with that most of the active (small) user base.

But for now, I guess we should just be thankful for those who do commit to the game and not hope on any type of revival from him who should be....

Excuse me, how are org owners less committed than the average player? Do you understand how hard it is to run an org RN? With lack of talent it makes maintaining an org extremely hard.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

It speaks volumes for the state of the game that the owner is far less committed than the average player. 

(Activity): The player base is actually higher than 2019 when I picked up this game full time. It is just most people that play this game only know how to fight. And those that are interested in the ownership side will eventually get overwhelmed by the day to day operations. At least 80-90% promo turnover are the numbers. It is only a matter of time and burnout.  Now that may benefit those that run top 5 PPV orgs so that they can refill aging rosters, but when this is a similar issue with those that run top promos as well it makes you wonder. hat is why I made this thread in the first place. There is zero reason for us to have a 300-400+ more daily activity from the average user and maybe 2% of our current player base understand how to manage a successful fighter promotion. Just like how people are able to read up on the forums and in 6-12 months become a top 100 player. There should be that same information out there for ownership so that there can be more involved and less quality orgs go under or, an owner leaves there are 3-4 people that could easily take over because they were already involved in the first place. 

(Sparbots): I think as far as the sparbots issue it is one with an easy fix. I think that all owners of these coveted top 200 PPV level fighters should at least be thoughtful and list their true statistics to the best of their ability in the description of the fighter. Especially the ones that has "cardio machine maxed" in the beginning and although they could have KO Power or a mix of high hiddens we will never know because we didn't watch every single bout listed on the fighter to find out. That way there would be less free agent farming and more players actually fighting out the contract with the elite at their peak before the heavily decline around the 35-40 years old. That way the only fighters that get converted into sparbots are actually the ones that have no value left or don't severely drain the pool of available fighters.

57 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Excuse me, how are org owners less committed than the average player? Do you understand how hard it is to run an org RN? With lack of talent it makes maintaining an org extremely hard.

I mean the game owner, not org owners, but I do admit that it was perhaps not mentioned clearly enough in my post. 
I updated the post now , to 'game owner'.

I think the amount of players seems pretty decent. There's a lot of new fighters to pick up. I'd say the only issue is typically the amount of time to get a fight is long, and there's not loads of promotions that can work by picking up brand new fighters. It can be a little hard for a new member to get involved right away. As long as people are happy to keep passing on the information, that's great. I've had a lot of help understand PPV a little bit better and I was surprised at some of the results. Me and Louie in IXF managed to run PPV with two orgs hitting around 250 ratings each week, and Louie was able to make quite a bit from successfully running it. I had like 4 events per week so that definitely wasnt the case haha.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bjornmma1 said:

I think it is because of the logistics of making a new bout. It is never just making the right fight at the right time. From an outsider perspective booking a bout you have to make sure that it lines up with the incoming event so that it has a high event rating well, you don't overpay anyone, the flow from event to event is consistent. I used to get angry when I first time having to wait like a week just for the owner to book the damn  a fight. Owners shouldn't have to do any matchmaking until it is the top 10 ranked fighters for a promotion in my opinion. Because the top fights will determine the ultimate direction of the org from the following org types; (NEW, Developing, Quality ID, to PPV.) I think these titles that we give for organizational roles. New players in alliances should be groomed by fellow org owners to be a matchmaker for load management purposes. There should be a "promoter" and a "matchmaker". Even Dana White has Sean Shelby. This is just my opinion and I have to do more research on the forums though so bear with me. 

(Promoter): Creates and books new events, recruiting of new fighters, recruiting alliance members to help them manage the promotion maintaining and growing roster, logistics, breaking through the ID gap, creating forum activities for new events and ideas as Promoter.

(Matchmaker): Books all fights outside of the top 10, conflict resolution for managers declining fights, creating hyped fighters, dropping inactive fighters from rosters, running tournaments, being unbiased and creating a good reputation as a fair matchmaker.

• Upvote 1

Personally, matchmaking IS running an org to me. Booking events and setting the numbers is just tediousness to me. That's the day to day little "Okay I have to make sure this is right" part of running an org, but actually booking fights is what is fun to me. And as an org owner, the top fight is fine but those won't last forever. Someone will go on a losing streak or retire eventually. My job is to make sure the 0-0 guy I just recruited is able to build up and have their manager stay invested long enough for them to develop a bit of hype and be useful to the org. Recruiting is also the fun part.

The parts I'd love to have outside people involved in is posters and write ups or making posts on buzz etc, but the people who can help with that are so far and few between now. But the fun of owning an org in my opinion is matchmaking and recruiting. 

I'm always happy to share any info I've learned from running an org though.

Also, in terms of the logistics and things, I do benefit from not having a lot of manager headaches but at the same time I don't think it's too complicated to make the right fights happen. I try to respond to managers and say "If he wins this fight, maybe this guy or this guy could be next". I have a vague plan built up and because I typically have a few rough rules; guys off of a win Vs guys off of a win, guys off of a loss vs guys off of a loss, 3 wins usually gets a title shot....this let's me sort of have an idea of where I'm going with anything. If Steve is 10-10 with 1-5 in his last few fights but off of a win, I'm not going to book him against John who is 10-0 and will fight for the title if he wins, cause if Steve wins I don't have anyone to challenge for the title. But this is all just done as it comes up. I don't think it has to be too rigid.

• Like 2

Then in your particular case you could use a logistical manager that does the booking and creates the future outlook of the organization. There always needs to be that opposing right hand man that has the stones to say" This is the right fight an it is a competitive card but it doesn't sell and the rating will not break us to new heights at all,". This booked event's juice isn't worth the squeeze. Let me design a new card logo the ones we have now are getting stale. Let me make the announcement of a new signing & or tournament et cetera. Or even the logistical manager saying "this top fighter of ours is about to be poached," let's give him a real contract. No man is an island. Some of us are better than others in certain areas on this game for sure. 

I think there is a function as far as signing older fighters that isn't being utilized nearly enough from my observation. Asking friends in your alliances that have former world beaters to compete with your top prospects in your ID organization is a good alternative to refilling the promotion during dry spells There should be at least 5 highly rated guys on those win streaks per division. I mean look no farther than Syn as an example.

40 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Personally, matchmaking IS running an org to me. Booking events and setting the numbers is just tediousness to me. That's the day to day little "Okay I have to make sure this is right" part of running an org, but actually booking fights is what is fun to me. And as an org owner, the top fight is fine but those won't last forever. Someone will go on a losing streak or retire eventually. My job is to make sure the 0-0 guy I just recruited is able to build up and have their manager stay invested long enough for them to develop a bit of hype and be useful to the org. Recruiting is also the fun part.

The parts I'd love to have outside people involved in is posters and write ups or making posts on buzz etc, but the people who can help with that are so far and few between now. But the fun of owning an org in my opinion is matchmaking and recruiting. 

I'm always happy to share any info I've learned from running an org though.

Also, in terms of the logistics and things, I do benefit from not having a lot of manager headaches but at the same time I don't think it's too complicated to make the right fights happen. I try to respond to managers and say "If he wins this fight, maybe this guy or this guy could be next". I have a vague plan built up and because I typically have a few rough rules; guys off of a win Vs guys off of a win, guys off of a loss vs guys off of a loss, 3 wins usually gets a title shot....this let's me sort of have an idea of where I'm going with anything. If Steve is 10-10 with 1-5 in his last few fights but off of a win, I'm not going to book him against John who is 10-0 and will fight for the title if he wins, cause if Steve wins I don't have anyone to challenge for the title. But this is all just done as it comes up. I don't think it has to be too rigid.

This.

• Like 4