HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT

clydebankblitz

Just now, Carciofi said:

Awesome was going to ask the same. Was hoping there would be a few days grace on creation. 

Yeah I want everyone to know when they can create. I'll send out another big spam message. I'm going to also send out a checkin message half way through the creation date and anyone who doesn't reply by the end will get replaced by a reserve.

• Upvote 2

THE CREATION DATE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13TH

THE FINALISATION DATE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

You can create any amount of fighters you want, but the shorthand rule is "Your final character must be 25 years old, can fight at Bantamweight and be created on or after the creation date". You can make 10 fighters or 1 fighter, but on the finalisation date, you will tell me who you choose to compete in the tournament with.

You can test your fighter(s) with fights, you can put him into training, you can give him IQ tests. Anything you want. Those 2 weeks are completely free for you to do what you want to make sure you have the best man for the job.

Reserves also must go with these rules. If doesn't matter if you create your fighter on the creation date or not, as long as they are created on or after October 13th and are ready to be finalised by October 28th, that's fine.

I'll send out a mail message to everyone before the creation date is due. You've got half a week to get your affairs in order because from October 13th onwards, it's war!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

THE CREATION DATE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 13TH

THE FINALISATION DATE IS WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 27TH

You can create any amount of fighters you want, but the shorthand rule is "Your final character must be 25 years old, can fight at Bantamweight and be created on or after the creation date". You can make 10 fighters or 1 fighter, but on the finalisation date, you will tell me who you choose to compete in the tournament with.

You can test your fighter(s) with fights, you can put him into training, you can give him IQ tests. Anything you want. Those 2 weeks are completely free for you to do what you want to make sure you have the best man for the job.

Reserves also must go with these rules. If doesn't matter if you create your fighter on the creation date or not, as long as they are created on or after October 13th and are ready to be finalised by October 28th, that's fine.

I'll send out a mail message to everyone before the creation date is due. You've got half a week to get your affairs in order because from October 13th onwards, it's war!

Sounds good. How long between finalisation date and the first round of fights?

And how long between each round? 

11 minutes ago, OptimalMMAPicks said:

Sounds good. How long between finalisation date and the first round of fights?

And how long between each round? 

I'm going to weave everything into the current Highland schedule, so I'll be able to get a couple of fights on the 31st, 6 fights on the 5th etc. Similar to the world cup, everything won't immediately be put on the same card. Because each manager has 1 fighter, I can probably set up the entire schedule right now. Got a few hours before UFC tonight, might put something together now.

Long story short, probably 1 - 1.5 weeks for your first fight after the finalisation date. Can't say right this second as it's hard to picture between each round but I should have something for you later today.

Damn schedule is quite hard to do. Thought I'd nailed it and then realize some guys are like 5 days between fights haha. Time to revise my strategy.

EDIT: Made it much easier for myself. Every fighter will have 14 days between fights. That way, no matter what happens, we're protected against injuries and cuts. This does mean the tournament will run into the new year, but with a 32man tournament and 7 "rounds", that's to be expected.

Looks good. I'll get some graphics made up. @TycoonHecasking me to make a video of the draw. The bastard doesn't even know about my history with video making on MMATyc either haha,

• Upvote 5

I'll add this post to the first page, but I thought with the world cup group system being agreed upon, I'll explain how that's going to work.

• There will be 8 groups of 4. 
  • Each fighter in the group will fight each other once (3 fights each, 6 in total).
  • The top 2 fighters from their group will go through to the 16 man knockout tournament
  • A win gets 3 points
  • A draw gets 1 point
  • A loss gets 0 points
  • In the event of a tie at the end of the group stage, finishes and duration will be factored in. It's hard to give all the scenarios right now, but a very easy example is if both fighters have a draw, one decision win and a stoppage win, the one who got the fastest stoppage win will be ranked first.
  • The winners from each group will be matched against the runners up from each group to start the 16 man knockout tournament.
  • There will be 14 days between each fight.
  • The fighters will be matched on the existing Highland cards, of which 6 slots are available on each card, so it won't all be run at the same time.
  • The final is currently scheduled for February 6th, with the winner having fought 7 times by the end.
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

Damn schedule is quite hard to do. Thought I'd nailed it and then realize some guys are like 5 days between fights haha. Time to revise my strategy.

EDIT: Made it much easier for myself. Every fighter will have 14 days between fights. That way, no matter what happens, we're protected against injuries and cuts. This does mean the tournament will run into the new year, but with a 32man tournament and 7 "rounds", that's to be expected.

Looks good. I'll get some graphics made up. @TycoonHecasking me to make a video of the draw. The bastard doesn't even know about my history with video making on MMATyc either haha,

Injuries and cuts can last up to 16 days my man

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Golden97 said:

So do reserves just wait for inactivity and rage sacks?

Only before the tournament starts. If someone rage sacks after their first tournament fight, I'm just going to put each fight they were meant to have down as a forfeit. But until the first event, if someone goes MIA or decides to leave the tournament, a reserve can take their place.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

So need some feedback from everyone. Would you prefer for me to post the entire schedule, as well as all the groups, right away? That way I'd be posting the manager's names rather than the fighters' names. Or is it better to wait until right before the finalisation date to post the schedule?

Post it all now I reckon - I’m sure everyone would be interested to find out.

Only negative is that some managers may create fighters to counter builds from other managers in their groups

• Upvote 3