2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

22 minutes ago, TJMitchell said:

Committee is done moving forward. Even though the OG 2020 Award committee was a bunch gigachads and the coolest committee ever we're going back to a voting system. The committee was brought in to solve a problem that I honestly don't see happening as much anymore.

the committee system ran smoother the last 2 years than any of the other years before lol...

the only other alternative is host it in the game development sub thread or another private forum like that, where if you wanna vote, basically need to register/get invited.

but more ppl involved, the longer the process, more arguing, etc.

would go a long way to remove half the awards and make the committee/voter life easier.

9 hours ago, BuffMinion said:

Thought I had a shoe in for KT fighter of the year because he was P4P #1 almost the entire year but hey what can ya do.

I do think it's odd that this year's KT Fighter of the Year has never been #1 P4P & took 4 L's last year lol

Yeah not crushing cans in a second tier org. 3 Belts 12 fight win streak, bye.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stpierrecanada said:

I was wondering how the fuck these results were made up. I have been looking for the voting thread for weeks.

No more of this please, or at least have a vote of who is in the committee. 

A vote for the committee sounds good - also certain votes can be decided by the public, eg writer of the year, avatar of the year or designer of the year

17 hours ago, Squiiid said:

Imo its obvious syn deserved the award almost as obvious as kilo. And why is it that people keep saying "if you aren't happy with the committee than you should have joined it yourself." What if we dont agree if the idea of a committee to begin with. We all should just vote and if u see a bunch of new accounts voting on shit then just dont count those votes. These awards are more of a joke than last year 

So you don't think there's any possibility that an org cheating for 42% of the year might be damaging enough for them not to win org of the year?

Kinda bummed Antonio Brown didn't win Grappler of the year, despite winning 3 belts in 3 different weight classes at CWC. Would still like to see how many votes he received or how close he was to winning?   I always like to vote, and I don't vote for my own, but to keep it hidden from everyone is a little shady to me. My 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jsdaugh said:

Kinda bummed Antonio Brown didn't win Grappler of the year, despite winning 3 belts in 3 different weight classes at CWC. Would still like to see how many votes he received or how close he was to winning?   I always like to vote, and I don't vote for my own, but to keep it hidden from everyone is a little shady to me. My 2 cents.

4-1 Hozdic, the 1 being Brown. I didn't vote because due to my lack of knowledge of the grappling orgs I said I'd look into it if they needed a tie breaker.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:43 PM, saklain said:

2021 MMA Tycoon Awards

155lbs Fighter of the Year - Noel Diaz (Arcalimon the Coach)

Fight Character of the Year - Noel Diaz (Arcalimon the Coach)

Holy shiiit. I never won a Tycoon Award in all these years and now I get two! Awesome : D

Big thanks to @clydebankblitz and Highland. I would have never invested so much time in the game if not for him and his org

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

So you don't think there's any possibility that an org cheating for 42% of the year might be damaging enough for them not to win org of the year

Well sure you can just remember vaguely the org cheated and then completely remove it from the list of nominees if that's how ur brain works but imo an org with write ups (the most important thing an org can do imo) rankings, org owner communication skills (me and kstacks dont always get along but the guy will communicate with you until you both reached an understanding) and also the big obvious 1, KILO MALUGA! You have to be an idiot to the think money printing or whatever has to do with kilos run. I'm sure karter will tell ya he was gunna do all this damage at syn regardless because of its prestige and history as an org. Im not saying the org should've won just cuz its SYN but because what syn accomplished this year with kilo alone, reaching hype levels I've never seen. And on top of that you get write ups and rankings. But naw Pick another org especially 1 who throws the most money around(in my contract receiving experience)(had 2 MILLION offered for a fighter from combate and he wasnt top 25 I dont think at the time)

When my fighter is about to fight I personally love going to the forums and seeing if ther is a preview for the event... these days I rarely bother because not many orgs do it. Syn is one of the few I still bother checking. And yall wanna be so biased you look at some shit chuck did and just ignore all the amazing things syn does.

21 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

4-1 Hozdic, the 1 being Brown. I didn't vote because due to my lack of knowledge of the grappling orgs I said I'd look into it if they needed a tie breaker.

This really makes me smh... like how awesome of you to take responsibility as a voting committee member that you couldn't take 20 mins or so of your life to talk to some fellow members and then follow up with looking at some of the stats and results of the nominees to make a pick. That's very disappointing.  Jus a circle jerk, running the show however they seem fit.

3 hours ago, Squiiid said:

Well sure you can just remember vaguely the org cheated and then completely remove it from the list of nominees if that's how ur brain works but imo an org with write ups (the most important thing an org can do imo) rankings, org owner communication skills (me and kstacks dont always get along but the guy will communicate with you until you both reached an understanding) and also the big obvious 1, KILO MALUGA! You have to be an idiot to the think money printing or whatever has to do with kilos run. I'm sure karter will tell ya he was gunna do all this damage at syn regardless because of its prestige and history as an org. Im not saying the org should've won just cuz its SYN but because what syn accomplished this year with kilo alone, reaching hype levels I've never seen. And on top of that you get write ups and rankings. But naw Pick another org especially 1 who throws the most money around(in my contract receiving experience)(had 2 MILLION offered for a fighter from combate and he wasnt top 25 I dont think at the time)

When my fighter is about to fight I personally love going to the forums and seeing if ther is a preview for the event... these days I rarely bother because not many orgs do it. Syn is one of the few I still bother checking. And yall wanna be so biased you look at some shit chuck did and just ignore all the amazing things syn does.

This really makes me smh... like how awesome of you to take responsibility as a voting committee member that you couldn't take 20 mins or so of your life to talk to some fellow members and then follow up with looking at some of the stats and results of the nominees to make a pick. That's very disappointing.  Jus a circle jerk, running the show however they seem fit.

I don't speak for everyone on the committee. I don't dictate what is or isn't in the list of nominees. I agree with all the stuff you said about Kstacks, thats why he won CEO of the Year. But for 5/12 months Syn was cheating. Kstacks had nothing to do with that....still was. Kilo also won fighter of the year.

I agree with you on everything that makes an org great 100%. I love hearing all of that and Syn is amazing for it. If Syn is even remotely consistent to the past 6-7 months it's a no brainer for org of the year next year.....still cheated for almost half a year though? It's like Jon Jones testing positive in Feb, winning the world title in Nov, and you saying he should be the fighter of the year.

So take my mentality that Syn for me personally is DQed because almost 50% of the year it was cheating, who's next? You honestly telling me that it's crazy to think Combate might have been the next in line?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Squiiid said:

his really makes me smh... like how awesome of you to take responsibility as a voting committee member that you couldn't take 20 mins or so of your life to talk to some fellow members and then follow up with looking at some of the stats and results of the nominees to make a pick. That's very disappointing.  Jus a circle jerk, running the show however they seem fit.

I'm not sure if you're very big on reading, but what I'm saying is "I'll do some research if you need a tie breaker". Why should I jump in first without first hand experience? So I let the guys who have experience in grappling orgs discuss and make their decision, and in the event of a deadlock I'd do the research and figure out who I thought had the best year out of them. In that instance, I didn't need to as it was already a unanimous decision prior to my vote.

So if you're looking for a circle jerk I'd suggest going back to your search history ya bawbag.

3 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

I'm not sure if you're very big on reading, but what I'm saying is "I'll do some research if you need a tie breaker". Why should I jump in first without first hand experience? So I let the guys who have experience in grappling orgs discuss and make their decision, and in the event of a deadlock I'd do the research and figure out who I thought had the best year out of them. In that instance, I didn't need to as it was already a unanimous decision prior to my vote.

So if you're looking for a circle jerk I'd suggest going back to your search history ya bawbag.

I abstained on this one for the same reason. But I can assure you we didn’t skim over any awards and discussed the majority at length which is why it took so long.

@Squiiidsounds like an absolute fucking loser though who’s a massive cry baby Karen so I look forward to more moans

33 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

I abstained on this one for the same reason. But I can assure you we didn’t skim over any awards and discussed the majority at length which is why it took so long.

@Squiiidsounds like an absolute fucking loser though who’s a massive cry baby Karen so I look forward to more moans

Lol dang not just a loser, not just an absolute loser, but an absolute fucking loser lmaooo who's a MASSIVE! CRY BABY! KAREN! OMGGGGGG I'm crying. The amount of effort you put into that stupid ass rage fit was more then you prolly put into these awards. Why it's so funny tho is you actually typed that out and was like "yeah, that's gunna get him" hahaha hell of an effort bro I'll give you that 👍 we gunna go ahead and call you master adjective now 😂😭

5 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

I don't speak for everyone on the committee. I don't dictate what is or isn't in the list of nominees. I agree with all the stuff you said about Kstacks, thats why he won CEO of the Year. But for 5/12 months Syn was cheating. Kstacks had nothing to do with that....still was. Kilo also won fighter of the year.

I agree with you on everything that makes an org great 100%. I love hearing all of that and Syn is amazing for it. If Syn is even remotely consistent to the past 6-7 months it's a no brainer for org of the year next year.....still cheated for almost half a year though? It's like Jon Jones testing positive in Feb, winning the world title in Nov, and you saying he should be the fighter of the year.

So take my mentality that Syn for me personally is DQed because almost 50% of the year it was cheating, who's next? You honestly telling me that it's crazy to think Combate might have been the next in line?

I respect this response, dont agree, but I respect it. I would like to know in all serious tho, what did combate do that made you pick them over everyone else(not including syn)? It's not an answer i need, or want to get to make a point with, I'm genuinely curious. I dont hate combate btw,  i had a cool time when i had a fighter ther, but most orgs are pretty chill. It's the extra stuff that separates you. And I dont like the jones comparison cuz I get ur comparing cheating to cheating but winning 1 title fight at the end of the year is a lot different then an org putting in the effort that nobody wants to do and that's get shit going in the smacktalk threads with write ups and rankings ect. He did that for a good amount of the year so I jus feel that's bad example. Plus, some org owners come on the forums and reply to post about nonsense when they could have taken that 5 mins to AT LEAST do a quick write up for the main event or title fight of a card or something since its time that is an issue not and not desire or effort.

5 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

And simply put, imo volunteering to be on a voting committee comes with certain responsibilities, idc if it was a unanimous vote or not I guess I'm just built different tho. 

9 hours ago, Squiiid said:

Lol dang not just a loser, not just an absolute loser, but an absolute fucking loser lmaooo who's a MASSIVE! CRY BABY! KAREN! OMGGGGGG I'm crying. The amount of effort you put into that stupid ass rage fit was more then you prolly put into these awards. Why it's so funny tho is you actually typed that out and was like "yeah, that's gunna get him" hahaha hell of an effort bro I'll give you that 👍 we gunna go ahead and call you master adjective now 😂😭

The fact that you thought I spent more than 10 seconds coming up with a creative attack tells me all I need to know - master adjective 😂 Shut the fuck up

14 hours ago, Squiiid said:

I respect this response, dont agree, but I respect it. I would like to know in all serious tho, what did combate do that made you pick them over everyone else(not including syn)? It's not an answer i need, or want to get to make a point with, I'm genuinely curious. I dont hate combate btw,  i had a cool time when i had a fighter ther, but most orgs are pretty chill. It's the extra stuff that separates you. And I dont like the jones comparison cuz I get ur comparing cheating to cheating but winning 1 title fight at the end of the year is a lot different then an org putting in the effort that nobody wants to do and that's get shit going in the smacktalk threads with write ups and rankings ect. He did that for a good amount of the year so I jus feel that's bad example. Plus, some org owners come on the forums and reply to post about nonsense when they could have taken that 5 mins to AT LEAST do a quick write up for the main event or title fight of a card or something since its time that is an issue not and not desire or effort.

And simply put, imo volunteering to be on a voting committee comes with certain responsibilities, idc if it was a unanimous vote or not I guess I'm just built different tho. 

I've already said why in this thread. For me it was down to Syn, Combate and SFL in unrestricted, and I've given reasons as to why I didn't pick Combate or SFL.

I'm with you on everything that makes an org great.

I agree it comes with certain responsibilities. But the vote was 4-1 with me having not voted. The vote has been decided. Everyone moved on as it was already 100% finished.