2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

2021 MMA Tycoon Awards

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all those who participated in either nominations or voting.

135lbs Fighter of the Year - Detkhunjon Sitsongrit (Theksit Ruengruong)

145lbs Fighter of the Year - Balagot Liu (Alex Maniatakos)

155lbs Fighter of the Year - Noel Diaz (Arcalimon the Coach)

170lbs Fighter of the Year - Herb Krison (Laz Staz)

185lbs Fighter of the Year - Papa Moosh Dambullah (Bwang Jong Sr)

205lbs Fighter of the Year - Charles Tucker (Corey Mcgraugh)

265lbs Fighter of the Year - Kilo Maluga (Chris Karter)

265lbs+ Fighter of the Year - Karim Johnson (Laz Staz)

KT Fighter of the Year - Silva Scorpion (Bradley Burns)

Grappler of the Year - Dragan Hozdic (Chuck W94)

Fighter of the Year - Kilo Maluga (Chris Karter)

Fight Character of the Year - Noel Diaz (Arcalimon the Coach)

Rivalry of the Year - Kilo Maluga vs Conor The Barbarian (Chris Karter and Bwang Jong Sr )

KO of the Year - Pekka Toivonen vs Edison Atunes (Freako Wimp)

Submission of the Year - Dick Pawlik vs Artturi Reinikainen 1 (Kelly McGrady)

Upset of the Year - Dany Crosby vs Pekka Toivonen 1 (Cope T)

Fight of the Year - Kilo Maluga vs Mister McNasty 1 (Chris Karter and Bjorn O'Donnel)

New Manager of the Year - Scott Bandz

Breakthrough Manager of the Year - Optimal

Manager of the Year - Chris Karter

CEO of the Year - Kishion Matthew

Restricted Org of the Year - Highland (Callum McGregor)

Unrestricted Org of the Year - Combate (Darren Russell)

Tournament of the Year - HIGHLAND $6mil CREATION DATE TOURNAMENT (Callum McGregor)

Alliance of the Year - YABAI (Bwang Jong Sr)

Company of the Year - Conquer (Jason "JBOMB" Smith)

Designer of the Year - Danilo Đilas

Writer of the Year - Hector Bautista

Avatar of the Year - Master Leader

IMG_3993.gif

Poster of the Year - Danilo Đilas

1639064071SYN-860.gif

• Like 3
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

Congrats to org of the year Combate. I just loved all their amazing write ups this year. They had some of the best and most memorable posters. Their in depth fighter rankings really stood out from everyone. Also you can't forget to mention their super active smack talk thread, never a dull moment over there.

Compile all those thing with the fact that they hands down far and away have the strongest and deepest roster in the game its not hard to see why this money printing juggernaut was selected 😉.

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

Please elaborate

Not really into the little bitchy vote down thing like some people so sure, I'll elaborate. 

Master leader
Outlaw hardin
Bjorn
Mcg
Hec
Blaze
Darren

That was the list of the committee that I was just given. I think it goes quite a way to explaining some of the bizarre choices this year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Congrats to org of the year Combate. I just loved all their amazing write ups this year. They had some of the best and most memorable posters. Their in depth fighter rankings really stood out from everyone. Also you can't forget to mention their super active smack talk thread, never a dull moment over there.

Compile all those thing with the fact that they hands down far and away have the strongest and deepest roster in the game its not hard to see why this money printing juggernaut was selected 😉.

Put your claws away, and don't mention money printing... that's something synonymous with Syn ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Please go back to voting. If not, the committee should be selected by a voting process amongst the active players in game. That way it's not so suspect and half the game isn't divided on the listed people and their choices for awards, who were apart of the committee this year. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Meat said:

Please go back to voting. If not, the committee should be selected by a voting process amongst the active players in game. That way it's not so suspect and half the game isn't divided on the listed people and their choices for awards, who were apart of the committee this year. 

I can easily argue that 4-5 people on the committee don't belong within 10 miles of it lol.  It's almost like the categories where a committee member was "nominated", were won by that member.  Seems like a pretty impartial committee 🤣

• Upvote 3

congrats combate, congrats Darren.

imho...

Syn > Sucker Punch > Dynasty (I think) > SFL > Combate/GAMMA

and that is strictly due to extra curricular activity like write ups and rankings.

too late to stop the steal. March to the capitol (leeds) and start insurrection.

I have no issues with secret shadow committees picking the winners for participation awards — except for the secret shadow part, should be public info who committee is/was, has been my only qualms w/ "shadow commitee" — they got the only awards that have any merit correctly (MOTY & FOTY)

yall were supposed to pick theksit tho. 😑 year of the GOAT is more comical without the flawless victory...

and I would say your 205 FOTY is a can crusher 😇

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

congrats combate, congrats Darren.

imho...

Syn > Sucker Punch > Dynasty (I think) > SFL > Combate/GAMMA

and that is strictly due to extra curricular activity like write ups and rankings.

too late to stop the steal. March to the capitol (leeds) and start insurrection.

I have no issues with secret shadow committees picking the winners for participation awards — except for the secret shadow part, should be public info who committee is/was, has been my only qualms w/ "shadow commitee" — they got the only awards that have any merit correctly (MOTY & FOTY)

yall were supposed to pick theksit tho. 😑 year of the GOAT is more comical without the flawless victory...

and I would say your 205 FOTY is a can crusher 😇

155 FOTY is the most comical winner here imo.  Fully agree on org as well.  Fuck an org win Org of the Year without any media? Circus.  

Not too hard to set a couple of grounds rules and have public voting like other years(for example no manager who joined after 7/1/award year should be eligible to vote).  Ya'll wanna be fancy w/ these committees but just end up running a rigged voting scheme.  Biden for FOTY 2022.

• Upvote 7

Didn't wanna turn this into a Combate bash - in which I obviously didn't vote for Combate myself... but here we are. 

I have too busy of a life irl, have been looking for a writer for about one year. Had multiple guys drop in and out... 

To those arguing about a committee etc... you do realise there was a post asking who wanted to be in the committee right?! 

These awards will always bring debate/criticism if voted for or a committee decides. 

Maybe I'll become a heel in 2022! 😉

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DRussellMMA said:

Didn't wanna turn this into a Combate bash - in which I obviously didn't vote for Combate myself... but here we are. 

I have too busy of a life irl, have been looking for a writer for about one year. Had multiple guys drop in and out... 

To those arguing about a committee etc... you do realise there was a post asking who wanted to be in the committee right?! 

These awards will always bring debate/criticism if voted for or a committee decides. 

I'm not really bashing on your org or anything, I just don't think it deserves to win org of the year if there's literally no media involved.  Combate is just a "sign and fight" org, while other orgs do regular entertaining writeups and so on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, DRussellMMA said:

Darren, I don't have a problem with you or your org either but can you honestly sit there and tell me with a straight face that Combate deserves to win Org of the year over Syn?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1