2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

8 minutes ago, MasterLeader said:

Sorry Scott Bandz joined 10 years ago? First I’ve heard of this

Its true, you can ask him

Plus, check this out

Teyo AKA the QFC Warrior (joined in September)

Scott (actually joined 10 years ago)

Justice for the QFC warrior

3 minutes ago, imcool said:

I noticed my posts being down voted as soon as ML started posting as well :)

Ask Alfred to check who’s downvoting - I haven’t downvoted one of your posts

EDIT - Just checked I downvoted Alfred’s first post and nothing more

And I upvoted one of @andy808, didn’t downvote any so I want a heartfelt apology 

55 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Wow. Seems like if anyone should be a little peeved this year it's Hare as he seems to have missed out on not one but two awards? 

Hare's not upset even a little bit folks.  Honestly, I feel that the awards were well deserved, that very, very good orgs and writers were deserving and it's a good thing for the community that we had so much involvement this year!  Hec has done an amazing job writing and it's more than just the write-ups about the cards, which he's done not only for his but others.  His communications to the org he runs in general are top notch, informative and keep everybody involved. It's not about volume, it's about quality and effectiveness.  Well deserved, and I've said as much to him.  Same with Combate, I have experience with the org and I honestly feel it's one of the best run orgs in the game.  We're not voting on "writer of the year" or anything for that.  Does it contribute some to the experience?  Sure, but I can't knock down an org that I feel has given a consistent, great experience with fair matchmaking and quality upkeep and maintenance.  That's a great org to be involved with to me and worthy of the award!

And Highland was an absolutely no-brainer!  Well, well deserved!

I say congrats to all the winners, great job in 2021, let's go 2022!  yuh!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, imcool said:

So I obviously haven't been paying attention to the awards because I'm horrible these days, but are you telling me the awards are now decided by this magical unicorn of a committee consisting of 7 people? Lol....I guess the org of the year says it all 😁

I wish we had more people apart of the committee. Unfortunely, nobody wanted to be apart of the committee but bash it every year when the awards come out. I sent out an open invitation to anyone in the forums to join and people chose not to. I understand that people want the committee to not exist but it prevents any unfair vote where people can just choose their favorite fighters/managers/org even if it doesn't truly deserve the award.

1 hour ago, imcool said:

155 FOTY is the most comical winner here imo.  Fully agree on org as well.  Fuck an org win Org of the Year without any media? Circus.  

Not too hard to set a couple of grounds rules and have public voting like other years(for example no manager who joined after 7/1/award year should be eligible to vote).  Ya'll wanna be fancy w/ these committees but just end up running a rigged voting scheme.  Biden for FOTY 2022.

Noel Diaz is entering the top 5 soon and has been dominant in Highland this year. I know that people don't like giving the award to Restricted fighters but why?? Noel Diaz is fighting tough competition compared to himself and is winning. 

48 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Darren, I don't have a problem with you or your org either but can you honestly sit there and tell me with a straight face that Combate deserves to win Org of the year over Syn?

If I remember, Combate was ranked way below than a bunch of these top orgs last year. The rise of Combate was so unexpected and hit #1 in the world this year. This vote was a really close one between Syn, SFL, Combate but eventually it became SFL vs Combate because of the cheating allegations for Syn. Regardless of if they are true or not, that does hurt the brand a bit. Combate won the award in a close one and Darren Russell did NOT have a vote for this one.

32 minutes ago, Alfred said:

So Sucker Punch WERE in the restricted category that Highland won instead? Highland, the org with the owner on the committee? (nothing against Callum, I like him)

Wow. Seems like if anyone should be a little peeved this year it's Hare as he seems to have missed out on not one but two awards? 

Would you not agree Saklain?

I was very confused to see Hec win writer of the year (Like Hec a lot. He is awesome peoples) after you messaged me asking for my opinion between the two as you were tied. My exact words were "both good writers but I think Hare's consistency and volume puts him ahead"

Callum actually voted for Sucker Punch even though he had a choice to abstain from it. That was also a very close vote where I believe we had a tiebreaker vote. Highland has been very consistent with posters and write-ups this year. Also, taking a Island org into the mainland and having it ranked in the top 5 consistently is very impressive considering how many fighters are released. 

I like Hare a bunch and actually had a vote for him. I think he's a wonderful writer but the vote between Hare and Hec was very close where Hec was actually pushing for Hare. I am only saying that to debunk this rumor that we were bias with our voting. When I messaged you for the tiebreaker, we also had other tiebreakers we messaged. At the end of the day, Hec came out with 1 vote more. And if we were to do a popular voting, Hec would win regardless because he had overwhelmingly more nominations than any other writer. 

I say this with no disrespect but to any manager who has an issue with the votes than be apart of the vote next time!!! This happens every year where we have complaints but nobody wants to say anything on who should win until afterwards.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Hare's not upset even a little bit folks.  Honestly, I feel that the awards were well deserved, that very, very good orgs and writers were deserving and it's a good thing for the community that we had so much involvement this year!  Hec has done an amazing job writing and it's more than just the write-ups about the cards, which he's done not only for his but others.  His communications to the org he runs in general are top notch, informative and keep everybody involved. It's not about volume, it's about quality and effectiveness.  Well deserved, and I've said as much to him.  Same with Combate, I have experience with the org and I honestly feel it's one of the best run orgs in the game.  We're not voting on "writer of the year" or anything for that.  Does it contribute some to the experience?  Sure, but I can't knock down an org that I feel has given a consistent, great experience with fair matchmaking and quality upkeep and maintenance.  That's a great org to be involved with to me and worthy of the award!

Intelligent response from Hare. A lot of arguments were put forward in favour of yourself and clearly we recognise your valuable contribution or the game. I think the final score was 3-2 Hec or something as Hec abstained 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Stop being so damn nice!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, saklain said:

I wish we had more people apart of the committee. Unfortunely, nobody wanted to be apart of the committee but bash it every year when the awards come out. I sent out an open invitation to anyone in the forums to join and people chose not to. I understand that people want the committee to not exist but it prevents any unfair vote where people can just choose their favorite fighters/managers/org even if it doesn't truly deserve the award.

Noel Diaz is entering the top 5 soon and has been dominant in Highland this year. I know that people don't like giving the award to Restricted fighters but why?? Noel Diaz is fighting tough competition compared to himself and is winning. 

If I remember, Combate was ranked way below than a bunch of these top orgs last year. The rise of Combate was so unexpected and hit #1 in the world this year. This vote was a really close one between Syn, SFL, Combate but eventually it became SFL vs Combate because of the cheating allegations for Syn. Regardless of if they are true or not, that does hurt the brand a bit. Combate won the award in a close one and Darren Russell did NOT have a vote for this one.

Callum actually voted for Sucker Punch even though he had a choice to abstain from it. That was also a very close vote where I believe we had a tiebreaker vote. Highland has been very consistent with posters and write-ups this year. Also, taking a Island org into the mainland and having it ranked in the top 5 consistently is very impressive considering how many fighters are released. 

I like Hare a bunch and actually had a vote for him. I think he's a wonderful writer but the vote between Hare and Hec was very close where Hec was actually pushing for Hare. I am only saying that to debunk this rumor that we were bias with our voting. When I messaged you for the tiebreaker, we also had other tiebreakers we messaged. At the end of the day, Hec came out with 1 vote more. And if we were to do a popular voting, Hec would win regardless because he had overwhelmingly more nominations than any other writer. 

I say this with no disrespect but to any manager who has an issue with the votes than be apart of the vote next time!!! This happens every year where we have complaints but nobody wants to say anything on who should win until afterwards.

Deleted

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

30 minutes ago, HareRumpler said:

Pure class. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think most vets know best org in the game is Syn. just like best fighter was Kilo this year.

but is really such outrage for Darren to get little 21 gold stamp on his profile? na. congrats.

imo syn > suckerpunch > dynasty/highland > SFL > Combate ... wasn't involved enough w/ dynasty and highland to see what they were doing through whole year.

Badr al Din or any other unrestricted LHW deserved LHW of the year imo over ID fighter.

but committee selected. wanna be involved in process, raise your hand.

if 2019-2020 taught us anything it's that riots are fun.

We enjoy the chaos and watching the monkey's fling feces at each other.

#Humors2024

1 minute ago, Rambo said:

I think most vets know best org in the game is Syn. just like best fighter was Kilo this year.

but is really such outrage for Darren to get little 21 gold stamp on his profile? na. congrats.

imo syn > suckerpunch > dynasty/highland > SFL > Combate ... wasn't involved enough w/ dynasty and highland to see what they were doing through whole year.

Badr al Din or any other unrestricted LHW deserved LHW of the year imo over ID fighter.

but committee selected. wanna be involved in process, raise your hand.

if 2019-2020 taught us anything it's that riots are fun.

We enjoy the chaos and watching the monkey's fling feces at each other.

#Humors2024

Syn would’ve won if Chuck didn’t cheat the first couple of months of the year. Kishion’s involvement and rescue was impeccable 

• Like 1

Kstacks, that's a false statement.  The vote was deadlocked in a tie between three orgs.  We deliberated on it and one member changed his vote from SYN to Combate.  For the record, I actually voted SFL on that one.

There were a fucking ton of arguments in this committee about these awards.  I don't agree with many of the choices myself, but the vote happened and the results are what they are.

As for SYN, I didn't even consider SYN as a candidate for org of year due to the Chuck beginning.  For me, it was between SFL and Combate.  SPPS wasn't on that list because they were Restricted for the majority of the year.

I DID vote Kstacks for CEO of the year, and the only reason you had the votes for SYN was because of you, not because of the org.  The org had a rocky start with Chuck at the helm and the money laundering shit YOU exposed, so you shot yourself in the foot on that one.

As for Chuck allegedly buying Panda, I don't know anything about that nor have been told anything about that.  Again, I voted for SFL.  So don't call me out for voting against you or for Combate, because neither are true.

• Like 1

And Master Leader and I butted heads like no other in this thing.. we have VERY opposite ideas of the meaning of these awards.  This was a diverse committee who each had their own ideas of what the awards meant to them.  There were no guidelines established for the awards ahead of time, so this is what you get.  I've said for years the awards should be a vote.  Maybe now they will be.

2 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

And Master Leader and I butted heads like no other in this thing.. we have VERY opposite ideas of the meaning of these awards.  This was a diverse committee who each had their own ideas of what the awards meant to them.  There were no guidelines established for the awards ahead of time, so this is what you get.  I've said for years the awards should be a vote.  Maybe now they will be.

Yeah you wouldn’t have believed Outlaw was my mentor and is the leader of my alliance.

It’s all love though ❤️

8 minutes ago, Bleakardor said:

open voting process is a shit show.

personally needs to stay same, less than 7 tho. narrow down to 3 or 5 tops.

if doing vote process needs to be done in private subsection like game developer thread so you don't have random day 1 accounts and all that, but the more ppl you have involved, and more awards you have, the more arguing there will be...

scrap participation trophies 2022!

1 hour ago, HareRumpler said:

Hare was one of the first people to message me congrats too. Appreciate it always, and there’s always been mutual respect there. I thought I had that with stacks, but now, over an award… seems to have changed

37 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Hitting #1 in the world means absolutely nothing when you just pay for it. Darren just paid for number 1 spot by papering ads. Either he starts posting screen shots or I start posting the numbers for you guys. The guys losses million plus on some events.

You wanna know how I know this? Cause I get real 1000+ rated events and those sell 300k+ PPV buys.

He's never even cracked 200k

My bad shows that do 199k buys have a 820 event rating.

His ticket sales and PPV sales do not line up with event ratings.

This is me being CONSERVATIVE with his add numbers because I know for a FACT he spent more on this event. I'll take his second biggest event rating ever.

Combate 68:

Event rating: 999.05

PPV sales: 140, 105

Expenses:

Advertising spend:$1,500,000 (he probably spent 2.5 million or more but let's be safe)

Production Values :$300,000

Commentators:$100,000

Cameras:$100,000

Arena fee:$936,070

PPV flat fee $900,000

Fighter wages: $ 2,000,000

Awards: ???

Total: $5,937,000

Profits:

Ticket Revenue:$1,182,230
Total Merch / Food:$460,385
Food & Drink:$237,353
Merchandise:$223,032
(100%) (assuming he gets 100%)
Org PPV revenue: 2,451,837.5

Total profit : 4,317,484.5

Profit/Loss: $-1,619,515.5

So for Combate 68 (its second best event rating ever) lost over 1.6 million dollars.

To top it off this doesn't account for him offer 

2M/150k/150k to fighters outside of the top 50 p4p.

Does a week go by where Combate doesn't lose millions of dollars? 

This is your king?

Also Combate was like 6 early in the year. Smash was 5 and merged with with SYN. Pulse was #1/2 and merged with SYN, GAMMA is still around and SFL has chosen to make money and instead stay low in the ranking by not papering event add numbers or booking to many 93k arenas.

So I ELIMINATED the competition ahead of Darren (or I was the competition ahead of Darren) and I'm still ahead of him. He has surpassed all of 1 org.

SFL has a stronger roster (better p4p rankings), deeper roster, made it to #1 before Combate, and had way more interaction throught the year outside of just booking fights.

You really sound ridiculous bitter here. I’d say we’ve always been on good terms, but now you’re getting personal, and is it your business how I run my org? Is it my business how you run yours? 

Some people in this thread need to shut down, go outside and enjoy some life 🤣

• Upvote 1

But since we've already been called out and trampled.. Anyone can PM me and I'll give you my full list of votes.  I lost most of them though..

I voted SFL unrestricted, SPPS restricted, KStacks CEO, and Hare for writer.  I know those off the top.  But I will not hide behind anything.  I get called out as leading the charge on these votes but I lost the battle on 90% of them.  Many were very close with a 3-3 vote tie and having to go to KStacks for a tie breaker.  So he still had some input too.  I don't know why he @Icon73  left the committee.  

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

open voting process is a shit show.

personally needs to stay same, less than 7 tho. narrow down to 3 or 5 tops.

if doing vote process needs to be done in private subsection like game developer thread so you don't have random day 1 accounts and all that, but the more ppl you have involved, and more awards you have, the more arguing there will be...

scrap participation trophies 2022!

I guess we should vote in committee members maybe? 

• Like 1