2021 MMA Tycoon Award Winners

saklain

I don't say this to shit on you guys further but your reasons for abstaining to vote are just another reason why a committee isn't a great idea in the first place. You both just admitted you knew nothing of the subject whereas with a vote, people that do can give their input. 

But, and this is to shit on you you lazy mofos, I had the same problem last year and I spent ages searching for the nominees and going through the fights or records of each one to decide who I thought deserved the award. It took me hours to do which is a big reason why I wasn't interested in doing it again (as well as the fact that I don't think many in our committee did it anyway) In the end there was still BS results (though nothing like this year) so I didn't see how it was any better than the voting which was always fun imo. 

But anyway, I won't moan anymore. The shadow committee is dead and this year the awards will be decided democratically with a vote. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

I don't say this to shit on you guys further but your reasons for abstaining to vote are just another reason why a committee isn't a great idea in the first place. You both just admitted you knew nothing of the subject whereas with a vote, people that do can give their input. 

But, and this is to shit on you you lazy mofos, I had the same problem last year and I spent ages searching for the nominees and going through the fights or records of each one to decide who I thought deserved the award. It took me hours to do which is a big reason why I wasn't interested in doing it again (as well as the fact that I don't think many in our committee did it anyway) In the end there was still BS results (though nothing like this year) so I didn't see how it was any better than the voting which was always fun imo. 

But anyway, I won't moan anymore. The shadow committee is dead and this year the awards will be decided democratically with a vote. 

And like I already said many times - I spent many hours researching and debating the awards, as did others and it seems like virtually no one is grateful for the 1000 messages we exchanged for zero reward. The whole process lasted over a week. The most ridiculous part is that the moderators who represent the game are also moaning about the committee, one of which was in a similar process last year and knows exactly the effort it requires. Not a good look.

So I know you’re partially joking, but please try harder than calling us “lazy mofos”.

This happens to be the only one I abstained from and funnily enough it was 4-1 so even if the abstainers voted for Brown it would’ve been 4-3 and wouldn’t have made a difference, which is why both clyde & I agreed that if it was a hung vote when we would spend more time researching to come up with a winner. But we didn’t want to just vote on a whim when others were better placed to decide.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

I'm not sure what bit you guys aren't getting.

When I say I didn't vote, I'm saying that because the vote was already unanimously decided. You said it took hours? Awesome. Why would I spent hours to vote on something that is 100%, unequivocally already decided? It's already unanimous. Had it not been decided before I got back online, I'd have opened up the profiles, dont the research and asked the questions.

For any of the votes I put in, I'd be interested to see how they are "so bullshit". I've given full expo for Syn and regardless of whether you agreed or not, I think someone can't knock that it's at least a valid reason. Which other votes? EDIT: And I don't mean this defensively. I'd genuinely be interested to know why someone would consider something I voted for to be "completely wrong".

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

I'm not sure what bit you guys aren't getting.

When I say I didn't vote, I'm saying that because the vote was already unanimously decided. You said it took hours? Awesome. Why would I spent hours to vote on something that is 100%, unequivocally already decided? It's already unanimous. Had it not been decided before I got back online, I'd have opened up the profiles, dont the research and asked the questions.

For any of the votes I put in, I'd be interested to see how they are "so bullshit". I've given full expo for Syn and regardless of whether you agreed or not, I think someone can't knock that it's at least a valid reason. Which other votes? EDIT: And I don't mean this defensively. I'd genuinely be interested to know why someone would consider something I voted for to be "completely wrong".

There’s sound reasoning for all our votes, but of course any award which is contentious there’s a bunch of moaners.

I initially voted Syn based on Kstacks’ contribution as right now they’re clearly the best org, but as you said had to take into account 4-5 months of glitch money which knocked them down a peg

14 minutes ago, Mannetosen said:

Pretty sure some of you've spent more energy on arguing than you spend on choosing who to vote for.

when the shadow committee is the anti CK collation they need to be exposed.

this was more rigged than 2020 election

the goat wants all the gold stickers

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Alfred said:

I can't agree with this enough. I took forever to turn in my votes because of the research. It was worth it at the time because I had essentially been gone from the game for six years prior and it allowed me to sorta catch up.

What I didn't like was we were told the individual voting results would be made public but that shit never happened.  That's primarily the reason I refused to do it again this year.

Let me be the first to thank our very special friends on the committee for choosing their favorites of the year. We're all so proud of you. Shiny gold stars all around!

Now that it's passed bedtime at the mental institution, I think it's time to start a discussion about how to choose the actual 2021 award winners.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, gwad12345 said:

Let me be the first to thank our very special friends on the committee for choosing their favorites of the year. We're all so proud of you. Shiny gold stars all around!

Now that it's passed bedtime at the mental institution, I think it's time to start a discussion about how to choose the actual 2021 award winners.

I'm still waiting on someone quoting my picks and then telling me which ones were completely wrong, other than just mentioning that they don't care that Chuck cheated on a single vote.

2 hours ago, DeadDisney said:

I can't agree with this enough. I took forever to turn in my votes because of the research. It was worth it at the time because I had essentially been gone from the game for six years prior and it allowed me to sorta catch up.

What I didn't like was we were told the individual voting results would be made public but that shit never happened.  That's primarily the reason I refused to do it again this year.

Untitled.png

There ya go

• Like 2