Franchising gyms

Zello

There are few public gyms right now. Here's a solution let gym owners franchise their gyms and open them in multiple cities. By letting people franchise their gyms and open them in multiple cities it lets those who know how to properly run gyms give their gym access to more fighters in cities with poor public gyms. There's Golds gym, Planet Fitness, Equinox franchises all over why can't MMA Tycoon do that? Tycoon is in the name let me be y'know a Tycoon.

This would be the perfect opportunity to open up my own line of planet fitness franchises and call them planet shitness. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

i am really 100% for this idea... it would really encourage public gyms to be made.. they are hardly profitable even at high capacity which is as bit of a problem but there are people who would 100% do this... it would be extra healthy for the game for new players to have access to a good set of coaches... i would love to be able to make a guy somewhere and at least know for his early years he could be somewhere thats not just my private gym since everyone else just has a private gym too... its a little sadge

• Upvote 1

This would be a fantastic addition.

There really are too few quality public gyms.  I'm keeping my gym public for now, taking a real disadvantage relative to if I went private.  If I can't find enough decent public gyms for my fighters not in my own, I'd be forced to go private, which would snowball the problem.  Others, I'm sure, have had to do this.

The game is better with fighters in quality public gyms interacting, and franchising gyms would be a great way to make that a better option.

• Upvote 1

I was selling my private gym..while on the market I opened a pubic gym with 16 coaches about half elite and double elite the rest are remarkable and double remarkable...My private didn't sell, however the public is still open. I can still fund it and hire staff, but I can't access coaches, training or anything....Anyone interested in running the day to day (making sure its clean and equipment changed)?

What if it could be coded that you can have as many gyms as you like but it counts as one business, and every additionl gym you add gets more expensive?

That is, you could lose money on one but survive as long as you don't make a loss overall, and to have a chain of gyms in every city would take perfect management to make a profit - almost impossible.

Overall bankruptcy would mean losing the whole chain.

And if Tycoon goes corporate, why not orgs too? Just an idea.

On 2/23/2022 at 8:59 AM, Rambo said:

50-100 is probably a good range.

No, you have even 50 in a gym, class sizes get really high because of the very low maximum to coach skills with more than 12 coaches.

I have my public gym set at 36, and I try to avoid using gyms with limits not at least as low as 50.

34 minutes ago, Bynum said:

No, you have even 50 in a gym, class sizes get really high because of the very low maximum to coach skills with more than 12 coaches.

I have my public gym set at 36, and I try to avoid using gyms with limits not at least as low as 50.

when 1 manager can have 25 fighters... that's not much different than private gym.

My private gym has 27 fighters. 9 more fighters in your public gym ain't much of a difference.

20 minutes ago, Rambo said:

when 1 manager can have 25 fighters... that's not much different than private gym.

My private gym has 27 fighters. 9 more fighters in your public gym ain't much of a difference.

I intentionally don't put all my fighters into my public gym.  I have a 36 fighter public gym, and about 12 are mine.

I look for decent public gyms for the rest.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you have a public gym with 50 fighters, you get flagged as eligible to create a 2nd gym.  If both gyms have minimum of 50 fighters, you're eligible for  third.. etc..  The more gyms you own, the cheaper coaching wages become and equipment fees become due to a "corporate bulk" discount.  Thus, enabling managers to open more gyms and actually start making a profit if they do it right.

The manager opening additional gyms would get charged more VIP per multiple companies, but at a discounted rate.  So if one gym is free, the 2nd would cost the standard fee for a 2nd company, but the 3rd would start bringing VIP discounts into it.  So by the time you had 4 gyms, instead of being charged the full VIP of 4 companies, it would be like having an additional company for free.  If you were up to 6 gyms at minimum 50 capacity, all gyms VIP cost would be negated as your efforts for doing the game a positive service.

Another idea that I've had before is to allow managers to have a private and public gym at the same time.  Thus, they can have their private gym while also holding a (free of charge) public gym to help enhance the game community.

3 hours ago, Bleakardor said:

The manager opening additional gyms would get charged more VIP per multiple companies, but at a discounted rate.  So if one gym is free, the 2nd would cost the standard fee for a 2nd company, but the 3rd would start bringing VIP discounts into it.  So by the time you had 4 gyms, instead of being charged the full VIP of 4 companies, it would be like having an additional company for free.  If you were up to 6 gyms at minimum 50 capacity, all gyms VIP cost would be negated as your efforts for doing the game a positive service.

No man charging VIP would be a bad idea. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...