"Tends to cut" fighter

3 hours ago, BLOODSPORT said:

just wondering, do we have successful fighters who were tagged "tends to cut" during its early fights.. i created this fighter who has a fast learning speed however when i give him a test fight it shows "tends to cut"

have seen plenty of bleeders that have good careers. Need to have good hiddens as well though and have to be fought a certain way against some opponents

In general though save yourself some frustration and try again

7 hours ago, BLOODSPORT said:

just wondering, do we have successful fighters who were tagged "tends to cut" during its early fights.. i created this fighter who has a fast learning speed however when i give him a test fight it shows "tends to cut"

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=1357

Jigoro Kane who was one of the best ever in the game got cuts easily as a hidden. 

2 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

I dont see what the point is in it existing if people just automatically cut fighters if they get it. Hiddens should be hidden.

I agree - at least until a fighter has some fights under their belt and they get revealed. Learning speed should be the only obvious one out the gate. 

6 hours ago, Carciofi said:

I agree - at least until a fighter has some fights under their belt and they get revealed. Learning speed should be the only obvious one out the gate. 

I disagree, because the duds will eventually get released any way, no matter what. If you pop bad hiddens right away, you can dump the guy there and then. You can also pop great hiddens, which hide the bad ones, and you'll only find out later that they're a bum.

2 hours ago, pjrfin said:

I disagree, because the duds will eventually get released any way, no matter what. If you pop bad hiddens right away, you can dump the guy there and then. You can also pop great hiddens, which hide the bad ones, and you'll only find out later that they're a bum.

So then if everyone wants to automatically cut any dud, why are duds part of the game? If you or every single other manager who puts a lot of work in and will release fighters if their learning speed isn't spot on, they have low confidence or cuts, then the ONLY people in the entire game using these fighters are new managers who are already at a mammoth disadvantage let alone being the only people in the game with dud fighters.

Either hiddens are hidden, adding a lot more intrigue to trying to figure out what your guys stats are and not being sure if he's good or not, or hiddens shouldn't be part of the game because everyone auto cuts anyone who likes pizza so why even include them?

• Upvote 1

Trying to add a "real life" element to the conversation, MMA fighters train, spar, etc before they have an official fight. Trainers and such know if a fighter has some of the more obvious "hiddens" before a fight. They know if a fighter is strong, flexible, quick, cuts easy, has KO power, has a chin, etc. The TotT only provides a window into the fighter. It's not a 100% determination if the fighter is a bum or if he's going to be great. It's a hint. If you know a fighter cuts easily, that's all you know. Kilo Maluga bleeds almost every fight, but he also has other hiddens that make him a great fighter. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, soyster89 said:

Trying to add a "real life" element to the conversation, MMA fighters train, spar, etc before they have an official fight. Trainers and such know if a fighter has some of the more obvious "hiddens" before a fight. They know if a fighter is strong, flexible, quick, cuts easy, has KO power, has a chin, etc. The TotT only provides a window into the fighter. It's not a 100% determination if the fighter is a bum or if he's going to be great. It's a hint. If you know a fighter cuts easily, that's all you know. Kilo Maluga bleeds almost every fight, but he also has other hiddens that make him a great fighter. 

Most of these are more accurately quantified by the actual tangible stats. You have strength, flexibility and speed. Also if you're in a combat sports gym and you've yet to have a fight, if your coach knows you can KO people or knows how easily you cut...change gym.

Your trainer doesn't know "Hey this fighter likes pizza......that means I 100% have to kick him out of the gym. Of you're interested in ballet? GET THE FUCK OUT RIGHT NOW!!!!!". When these things show up, your fighter is an auto cut. He never has a career. He never goes and has anymore fights. He's immediately released because in a test fight (also a dumb concept) he had some text that told you he was a bum so you insta released him. That's such a pointless game mechanic.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, flamesnoopy said:

It's not a pointless game mechanic at all. No one forces you to release the said fighter. Also, it limits the amount of beasts per ID range and lessens the amount of them overall as well.

The only thing that limits the amount of beasts per ID range is either the laziness or unwillingness of a manager to relentlessly test/spend VIP days cutting and re-testing or new managers not having a clue about it.

Also, whilst it might not literally force you to release, it does if you want to be on an even footing with those that do. It's basically a pay to win feature that brings in money for the game owner so there is no work around as far as I can see. 

It's a part of the game I really dislike but hey ho, it is what it is. 

3 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

So then if everyone wants to automatically cut any dud, why are duds part of the game? If you or every single other manager who puts a lot of work in and will release fighters if their learning speed isn't spot on, they have low confidence or cuts, then the ONLY people in the entire game using these fighters are new managers who are already at a mammoth disadvantage let alone being the only people in the game with dud fighters.

Either hiddens are hidden, adding a lot more intrigue to trying to figure out what your guys stats are and not being sure if he's good or not, or hiddens shouldn't be part of the game because everyone auto cuts anyone who likes pizza so why even include them?

1. VIP days for cutting fighters is probably most of the VIP time spent in the game by a considerable margin. 

2. Spending 9 months training a fighter to find out they are fucking useless is a great way for people to just up and leave. 

As far as Kane goes - yeah I agree, Luke was one of the first to have a private gym etc. There are far more guys like Tonal in the game than Kane that is for sure. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

As far as Kane goes - yeah I agree, Luke was one of the first to have a private gym etc. There are far more guys like Tonal in the game than Kane that is for sure. 

I can vouch for the fact that Kane was simply overstatted compared to the rest of the field as I got his scraps from Luke. 
He was one of the last “stars” of the game from a loooooong time ago when stats could actually be OP. 
When people started hitting the stat ceiling with all their fighters filtering hiddens naturally became the next forced evolution of managing. 
I like the TOTT filters, personally and I also like basing the game off RL when possible because I’m a dork. If I saw the most prime physical specimen of a fighter in my gym but dude is getting punched in the face because he’s thinking about pizza I will unfortunately have to tell him to get the fuck out because he’s not worth any further investment. Eat the effort put in (VIP Days) and move on to the next possible stud. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, flamesnoopy said:

It's not a pointless game mechanic at all. No one forces you to release the said fighter. Also, it limits the amount of beasts per ID range and lessens the amount of them overall as well.

But every single manager in the game cuts their fighter if they like pizza. Sure you CAN keep your fighter, but when no one who's a good manager in the entire game does it, then what's the point in offering it as an idea? It's like saying you can enter the Call of Duty world championships using a crossbow instead of a gun if you want. Sure you can. You'll lose every time, but you can.

5 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

1. VIP days for cutting fighters is probably most of the VIP time spent in the game by a considerable margin. 

2. Spending 9 months training a fighter to find out they are fucking useless is a great way for people to just up and leave. 

I was talking about as a game mechanic, not as a financial incentive.

Spending 9 months training a fighter is why MMATycoon doesn't bring in any new players. There's no game in the world that I want to turn on, set up, and then play in 9 months. Guess it's why I can only run orgs rather than train though. The idea of spending 9 months watching a guy train, doing test fights to get someone with good morale, counting his learning speed, making sure he has good hiddens. Completely kills the immersion for me. It's obviously not the initial intention either, the game just got "figured out".

5 hours ago, SonnyMuchacho said:

If I saw the most prime physical specimen of a fighter in my gym but dude is getting punched in the face because he’s thinking about pizza I will unfortunately have to tell him to get the fuck out because he’s not worth any further investment.

That's not realistic though because there's not a pro MMA fighter in the world getting head kicked thinking "Salami or pepperoni?". 

35 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

That's not realistic though because there's not a pro MMA fighter in the world getting head kicked thinking "Salami or pepperoni?". 

CACDCBA3-6214-40-D7-B6-F0-86909-DCA6-D0-

You’d be surprised what goes through people’s minds. Derrick here would have been the exception to my rule. He probably enjoys gardening too. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A percentage of managers sack anyone who doesn't pop very specific hiddens where others only sack fighters who pop certain hiddens and they keep the rest. Other managers keep nearly everyone. There's really no right or wrong way to do it. When you factor in how different fighter builds are at different weights, the hiddens that pop on TotT become even less critical at certain weights. So all this to say, if you don't think sacking fighters who cut easily is a good idea, you might be right, and you may be wrong. 

46 minutes ago, BLOODSPORT said:

i guess a fighter who "tends to cut" does not necessary mean easy to get knocked out.. hopefully.. 

No, but they sometimes lose TKOs due to the cut. I have a fighter who has a granite chin and never been stopped.... except for 3 TKOs via cuts. He leaks like a sieve almost every fight (even the ones he wins).

His tendency to cut also never showed up on TOTT, because he had other hiddens that took precedence (like Granite Chin). Subsequently, it's understandable why people can't be bothered with the burden of building a project with that showing on TOTT. The point earlier about it being a visible hidden meaning they don't have a lot else going for them is pretty valid. If they have massive KO power or a granite chin but also cut easily? Potentially workable and I guess you'll only find out a bit later when they fight a bit more.

• Upvote 2