Voting: Alliance of the Year 2022

Icon73

Alliance of the Year 2022  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Alliance in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2023 at 05:59 PM

This is the official voting thread for Alliance of the year 2022.

This award is for the Alliance that was the best/most successful over the course of the year. 

One vote per player, All voters must have a game account attached to their forum account. account must have been created before December 2022.

46 minutes ago, Skenoj said:

Looks like you know the deal.

If members of an alliance vote their own alliance that should not count and should be a -1 to the points

Even if you counted only the votes from outside the alliance, Stepdads would still be clearly ahead. Yabai would be 2nd, and Next Gen would be 3rd (though I guess you could argue this one on a technicality).

So it'd have an effect but maybe not the one you'd expect... EDIT: As of right now that is.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Skenoj said:

Looks like you know the deal.

If members of an alliance vote their own alliance that should not count and should be a -1 to the points

6 hours ago, stpierrecanada said:

So whoever has the most members wins this award I guess?

Stepdads have 6 non alliance members for votes. Second place has 5 TOTAL votes (just 5 guys Fighting) with our ALLIANCE LEADER being one of your votes and 3 of them being your own alliance.

I do suggest you guys be more thorough in researching this stuff before saying these things as this is hard enough to run on my own and I don't want a bunch of drama over nothing (not saying that you caused drama, just saying statements like that could lead to drama)

There is still much time left to vote though so nothing is decided.

Alliance of the year shouldn't even be voted on. It should go to the alliance with the most monthly top division wins. I have kept records of this for the last few years. Yes YABAI has won this for the last few but we are definitely underdogs in 2023. I'm a fan of The Stepdads but they generally don't perform very well in this.

2022 Monthly Winners Tally: Jan-Convicted, Feb-YABAI, Mar-YABAI, Apr-YABAI, May-YABAI, June-YABAI, July-One Man Wolf Pack, Aug-Just Five Guys Fighting, Sept-Just Five Guys Fighting, Oct-Just Five Guys Fighting, Nov-Convicted, Dec-Just Five Guys Fighting (Yearly Totals: YABAI-5 Five Guys-4 Convicted-2 One Man Wolf Pack-1)

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, actionjackson said:

Alliance of the year shouldn't even be voted on. It should go to the alliance with the most monthly top division wins. I have kept records of this for the last few years. Yes YABAI has won this for the last few but we are definitely underdogs in 2023. I'm a fan of The Stepdads but they generally don't perform very well in this.

2022 Monthly Winners Tally: Jan-Convicted, Feb-YABAI, Mar-YABAI, Apr-YABAI, May-YABAI, June-YABAI, July-One Man Wolf Pack, Aug-Just Five Guys Fighting, Sept-Just Five Guys Fighting, Oct-Just Five Guys Fighting, Nov-Convicted, Dec-Just Five Guys Fighting (Yearly Totals: YABAI-5 Five Guys-4 Convicted-2 One Man Wolf Pack-1)

Fair argument. I personally believe it should just be performance of the managers for the game overall as it's not just about fight record. Also as been discussed before the Alliance table favors alliances like J5G. 

Stepdads had 4 managers who were #1 during the year (Billy, Gwad, AlexM and AlexK) we had the #1 org overall for the year as well as arguably the #1 restricted org. We have 2 guys up for manager of the year.

We won BW of the year, have a fighter up for LW of the year, WW of the year, all the MW noms, and the leading LHW nom. 

We also have outlaw up for writer of the year and to top off all of that we had 5/10 top 10 p4p fighters at one point which I'm not sure any other alliance can say the same.

Screenshot_20221015-143626_Chrome.jpg

Alliance pyramid does little to tell the whole story of the game.

54 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

Fair argument. I personally believe it should just be performance of the managers for the game overall as it's not just about fight record. Also as been discussed before the Alliance table favors alliances like J5G. 

Stepdads had 4 managers who were #1 during the year (Billy, Gwad, AlexM and AlexK) we had the #1 org overall for the year as well as arguably the #1 restricted org. We have 2 guys up for manager of the year.

We won BW of the year, have a fighter up for LW of the year, WW of the year, all the MW noms, and the leading LHW nom. 

We also have outlaw up for writer of the year and to top off all of that we had 5/10 top 10 p4p fighters at one point which I'm not sure any other alliance can say the same.

Screenshot_20221015-143626_Chrome.jpg

Alliance pyramid does little to tell the whole story of the game.

There are other awards for all the things you mentioned. If it's a popularity contest / subjective so be it but I can quantify alliance wins in the pyramid.

YABAI doesn't win those months without having top managers and Sucker Punch is the best org in the game IMO.

• Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, actionjackson said:

There are other awards for all the things you mentioned. If it's a popularity contest / subjective so be it but I can quantify alliance wins in the pyramid.

YABAI doesn't win those months without having top managers and Sucker Punch is the best org in the game IMO.

I'm saying us being up for all those awards in totality quantify our alliance as a whole being amongst the top everywhere.

Also to sucker punch being the best org that is your opinion and that is fine. But I personally do not agree.

We sell more PPVs (set the PPV record twice last year as well as 4 400k PPV events), have a stronger roster top to bottom, have just as much extra content (I may not write previews often but have weekly rankings, new posters, a regularly updated record book and all time great list, real time tracking of lineal championships. Also offered VIP rewards for forum activity though nobody bit), have a active top teir feeder org set up, and I constantly am doing my best to communicate with managers to ensure they are having the best experience.

Add that to the fact that we won 5/8 Olympic gold medals, won both seasons of the superfights league last year by a super wide margin and have a undefeated record in superfights against suckerpunch and imo it's an open and shut case. This is with all due respect to hare he is an amazing owner and deserves all the credit in the world.

But if you wanna bring up numbers for one thing bring them up for everything.

Also trust me I'm the last guy who wants this to be a popularity contest, a majority of the people who play this game and would be voters don't like me. You admittedly are one of them. I'm well aware you aren't alone in that matter.

We can get our top 5 managers in a separate stepdad alliance and win the pyramid nearly every month. Alliance pyramid point system is a joke and u know it. If you dont wanna vote for us, please don't.... Stepdads dont give two shits about awards. We focus on winning belts in top orgs. Cheers 

25 minutes ago, actionjackson said:

While I don't think we deserve to win Alliance of the Year, I also think using the pyramid to "quantify" the award isn't a correct indicator.  It's common knowledge that the point system in the pyramid is very awfully thought out.  It skews towards a small alliance w/ a couple of successful managers, so an alliance w/ lets say 5 people(3 of whom do well) will beat an alliance of 10 people(6 of whom do well) 99/100 times.  Not that I'm making an excuse for us not winning.  We just suck!

2 hours ago, actionjackson said:

You get a trophy for winning the pyramid. The alliance pyramid is heavily biased towards smaller alliances. You want proof? OMWP split into two alliances mid last month and now this month look to win it by a fucking landslide just to prove that it is so heavily biased towards alliances with a small amount of managers with a small amount of fighters. Some alliances just want to win that shiny trophy and act as if it matters - to me it doesn't. That is the subjective part. 

There were three guys in contention for manager of the year this year and two of them belonged to Step Dads. Kilo and Winston basically controlled the #1 p4p spot for a vast majority of the year. I personally prefer SPPS over Syn but to say they aren't the #1 and #2 orgs in the game with really just a preference to which you prefer - quality write ups and really good match ups or really good write ups and quality match ups. I'd also have Hare over Stacks for CEO basically because Hare is a one man wrecking crew but to have two guys considered the best in the game for a year is a great accomplishment. So I put my vote in for Step Dads, YABAI are second and absolutely fuck all of that has to do with the pyramid - it is just I think y'all combined outperformed Convicted. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ArtieBanks said:

You get a trophy for winning the pyramid. The alliance pyramid is heavily biased towards smaller alliances. You want proof? OMWP split into two alliances mid last month and now this month look to win it by a fucking landslide just to prove that it is so heavily biased towards alliances with a small amount of managers with a small amount of fighters. Some alliances just want to win that shiny trophy and act as if it matters - to me it doesn't. That is the subjective part. 

There were three guys in contention for manager of the year this year and two of them belonged to Step Dads. Kilo and Winston basically controlled the #1 p4p spot for a vast majority of the year. I personally prefer SPPS over Syn but to say they aren't the #1 and #2 orgs in the game with really just a preference to which you prefer - quality write ups and really good match ups or really good write ups and quality match ups. I'd also have Hare over Stacks for CEO basically because Hare is a one man wrecking crew but to have two guys considered the best in the game for a year is a great accomplishment. So I put my vote in for Step Dads, YABAI are second and absolutely fuck all of that has to do with the pyramid - it is just I think y'all combined outperformed Convicted. 

Very fair assessment 

8 hours ago, Icon73 said:

Stepdads have 6 non alliance members for votes. Second place has 5 TOTAL votes (just 5 guys Fighting) with our ALLIANCE LEADER being one of your votes and 3 of them being your own alliance.

I do suggest you guys be more thorough in researching this stuff before saying these things as this is hard enough to run on my own and I don't want a bunch of drama over nothing (not saying that you caused drama, just saying statements like that could lead to drama)

There is still much time left to vote though so nothing is decided.

I love the managers In Step Dads, all good dudes. Nothing against them. 

What my thought is, is there is clearly 2-3 alliances that competed hard for the Alliance Pyramid and I thought it would be between TWO or THREE alliances who clearly did well competing for the Pyramid trophy.

I figured it was between 5 Guys and YABAI and/or Convicted this year but clearly I’m misinformed on what people think qualifies for “Alliance of the Year” and I’m fine with that, I’ll know better for next year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stpierrecanada said:

I love the managers In Step Dads, all good dudes. Nothing against them. 

What my thought is, is there is clearly 2-3 alliances that competed hard for the Alliance Pyramid and I thought it would be between TWO or THREE alliances who clearly did well competing for the Pyramid trophy.

I figured it was between 5 Guys and YABAI and/or Convicted this year but clearly I’m misinformed on what people think qualifies for “Alliance of the Year” and I’m fine with that, I’ll know better for next year.

No hard feelings totally understand, was just tryna avoid any uproar when so far voting has been very fair and balanced. Sorry for any confusion.

2 hours ago, ArtieBanks said:

Kilo and Winston basically controlled the #1 p4p spot for a vast majority of the year.

Fixed it for you.

Kilo, Karim, Dick, Leif, Winston, Road, all reached #1 P4P this year. Kilo held it for the vast majority of the year.

Everybody else borrowed it for a very short period of time in comparison. I'd wager that Leif held #1 p4p as long as Winston held #1 p4p.

The Illuminati will not tolerate your anti-Convicted propaganda any longer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Fixed it for you.

Kilo, Karim, Dick, Leif, Winston, Road, all reached #1 P4P this year. Kilo held it for the vast majority of the year.

Everybody else borrowed it for a very short period of time in comparison. I'd wager that Leif held #1 p4p as long as Winston held #1 p4p.

The Illuminati will not tolerate your anti-Convicted propaganda any longer.

10th of July he won it - he carried it until the 14th of October - 3 months.  

Leif won it on the 8th of May and lost it on the 26th of June - about a month and a half. 

There were about a month Karim was #1. 

Did Dick win it at the start of the year and carry it for a month or did he get it during Leif's reign.

Either way there were about 6 months where Kilo wasn't on top so I thought I'd add in Winston to say vast majority. He still wins fighter of the year - it was a hellova impressive year and he is winning in a landslide. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure I buy all of the logic being used here but frankly I'm not interested in siting around arguing like a bunch of school girls. I personally think it's more fun to compete each month as an alliance for a measurable achievement like the top division pyramid and think it means something.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

I just voted for people whose personalities I feel make the community a better place.

Which Alliance was "Best" or "most Successful" can be interpreted many ways.

I would actually not agree with this. Best and most successful can only be a few things. Either represented through alliance pyramid wins or through success of the group overall (top managers, fighters, orgs). This definitely isn't a most fun award or a nicest group award mate. The guidelines of what the award is for is pretty clear. The only basis I've ever argued stepdads is the success of the Alliance (#1 managers, fighters and orgs.) There's isn't much wiggle room in this one for interpretation.

The award has and always will be about success. Not just what alliance you like. I say all of this with no offense btw.