Voting: Alliance of the Year 2022

Icon73

Alliance of the Year 2022  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Alliance in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/05/2023 at 05:59 PM

38 minutes ago, Icon73 said:

I would actually not agree with this. Best and most successful can only be a few things. Either represented through alliance pyramid wins or through success of the group overall (top managers, fighters, orgs). This definitely isn't a most fun award or a nicest group award mate. The guidelines of what the award is for is pretty clear. The only basis I've ever argued stepdads is the success of the Alliance (#1 managers, fighters and orgs.) There's isn't much wiggle room in this one for interpretation.

The award has and always will be about success. Not just what alliance you like. I say all of this with no offense btw.

If all that were true, no opinion poll  would be required, just a measurement of the material facts. No offense.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

If all that were true, no opinion poll  would be required, just a measurement of the material facts. No offense.

Problem is what you choose to measure as I just said. And I didn't say no opinion. I just said it's not based on fun it's based on success and what you deem success is not all that "interpretable". You can go off a few things but all are performance based things (pyramid, rankings, orgs, fighters).

And btw if you haven't noticed the only thing anyone has tried to argue is the measurement of facts. AJ and Bradley presenting pyramid wins. Other presenting the success of the top members, fighters and orgs of stepdads and how many awards we are winning or up for. Both of these things clear markers off succes and being the best (winning).

5 hours ago, Icon73 said:

Problem is what you choose to measure as I just said. And I didn't say no opinion. I just said it's not based on fun it's based on success and what you deem success is not all that "interpretable". You can go off a few things but all are performance based things (pyramid, rankings, orgs, fighters).

And btw if you haven't noticed the only thing anyone has tried to argue is the measurement of facts. AJ and Bradley presenting pyramid wins. Other presenting the success of the top members, fighters and orgs of stepdads and how many awards we are winning or up for. Both of these things clear markers off succes and being the best (winning).

Which is part of the problem, what does a poll measure if not opinions? 

If you have multiple possible metrics then the poll should be which to use.

If 20 people are asked how big a field is without the use of a common unit of measurement their answers are meaningless. 

Maybe next year I shall not be voting on polls based around nonsensical logic.

No offense.

51 minutes ago, Skuzbukit said:

If 20 people are asked how big a field is without the use of a common unit of measurement their answers are meaningless. 

No offense.

Very fair point.

2 hours ago, Skuzbukit said:

No offense.

Look at it as voting for your whatever political party you support. Everyone has their different reasons for voting for it - no ones reason is incorrect nor is it correct. You can tell people your reasoning behind it but at the end of the day it is different for a lot of people. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, actionjackson said:

Not sure I buy all of the logic being used here but frankly I'm not interested in siting around arguing like a bunch of school girls. I personally think it's more fun to compete each month as an alliance for a measurable achievement like the top division pyramid and think it means something.

I'd 100% agree with this if the point system was better thought out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Ramirez said:

i think the point system would be way better if it was averaged across 100 fights per month as opposed to 30, that way there is no penalty for having lots of fights. just my 2 cents anyhow.

I absolutely agree .

• Upvote 2

Convicted easily won the Alliance World Championships in 2022, led by "Playoff" Willie Diggs, and if that doesn't determine who the best alliance is, what is the point.

Any alliance that didn't compete in AWC should automatically be disqualified.

Problem that Convicted has, is that we were so dominant for so many years that winning fights and top fighters has become stale to the community. We also don't cull our alliance numbers to try to game our way to the top of the pyramid. something we won almost every month for like 3 years in a row. at this point pissing excellence on the rest of you taste just like OJ from walmart, and y'all need us to do butt stuff to your fighters to get your attention.

snubbed again in 2022, we'll be out for vengeance in 2023.

Cute Guy Butt GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Convicted easily won the Alliance World Championships in 2022, led by "Playoff" Willie Diggs, and if that doesn't determine who the best alliance is, what is the point.

Any alliance that didn't compete in AWC should automatically be disqualified.

Problem that Convicted has, is that we were so dominant for so many years that winning fights and top fighters has become stale to the community. We also don't cull our alliance numbers to try to game our way to the top of the pyramid. something we won almost every month for like 3 years in a row. at this point pissing excellence on the rest of you taste just like OJ from walmart, and y'all need us to do butt stuff to your fighters to get your attention.

snubbed again in 2022, we'll be out for vengeance in 2023.

Cute Guy Butt GIFs | Tenor

Fatigue is a real thing in any group and you can definitely become a victim of your own success if it makes the "competition" look like a stale foregone conclusion every year.

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

Fatigue is a real thing in any group and you can definitely become a victim of your own success if it makes the "competition" look like a stale foregone conclusion every year.

What competition?

MMA Tycoon - MMA Hall of Fame

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Fidel Puno 
Fidel "Pinoy Savage" Puno (34-8-0) Philippines.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Tor Nansen 
"Thunder" Tor Nansen (24-6-0) Norway.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Victor Creed
"Sabretooth" Victor Creed (28-6-0) Canada.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Don Marciano
"The Godfather" Don Marciano (58-17-2) Italy.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Carl Creel
Carl "Crusher" Creel (41-12-0) United_States_of_America.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Taj al Din
"The Tasmanian Devil" Taj al Din (45-10-1) Australia.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ryo Narushima
"Parent Killer" Ryo Narushima (50-13-0) Japan.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Smokudju Womba
"The African Assassin" Smokudju Womba (46-12-1) Algeria.png
Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dustin Douglas
"Rasta Lion" Dustin Douglas (47-11-0) United_Kingdom.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Donny Donowitz
Donny "The Bear Jew" Donowitz (61-15-3)

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jameson Connemara
Jameson "Guinness" Connemara (46-9-1) Ireland.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Shinichi Onizuka
"Local Simpleton" Shinichi Onizuka (37-18-1) Japan.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Leonardo Ferreira
Leonardo "Voodoo Child" Ferreira (36-8-0) Brazil.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Randolph Turpin
Randolph "The Legend" Turpin (41-18-0) United_Kingdom.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Sotiris Kakoullis
Sotiris Kakoullis (56-23-0) Cyprus.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kajun Puno
Kajun "Pinoy Savage" Puno (32-9-0) Philippines.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Orlando Diggs
Orlando Diggs (43-19-1) United_States_of_America.png

14390840437078.png
Kilo "Bloodbath" Maluga (53-12-0) Kiribati.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Pekka Toivonen
Pekka "Punchmaster General" Toivonen (40-13-0) Finland.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dick Caunt
"The Split Decision Bandit" Dick Caunt (45-23-2) England.png

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Dick Pawlik
"Thicc" Dick Pawlik (30-17-1) United_States_of_America.png

2 hours ago, Rambo said:

Ok, so you got lucky a few times. Don't go on Bro!

• Like 1