Savage Scholarship Program

Rocket

What's more Savage than a Horse?

It's not under normal circumstances such a sentence is even thought aloud. But.... the answer to this question is the Crazy Horse Crew! Like the Crazy 88 before them, the Crazy Horse Crew has an indeterminate amount of people at any one time. Training mostly out of the legendary House of 1000 Corpses, but with a world wide presence, this crew mixes some serious partying with a vicious killer instinct.

Currently 34 killers strong (due to licensing restrictions), the precise number of the crew ebbs and flows, but the savagery from top to bottom remains the same. The Crazy Horse Crew recently saw dojo legend and fruit connoisseur, Zheko "Water" Melondov set off to the tropics to find the best watermelon, but there is still plenty of experience in this buzzsaw of a crew complimented by a stable of newly emerging killers.

What does the Crazy Horse Crew think about branding?

While the crew has their own clothing (Bondi MMA) and nutrition (Hoarse Pills) interests already accounted for when needed, they have never shied away from collaborations and being part of other notable brands and organisations. The crew is one, but the parts are still individual brands that are free to seek their own interests.

Former P4P #1 Kjetil Olsen has just finished a short but lucrative promotional stint with Hells Balls Recovery while also proudly previously representing Conquer (who still support grappling guru Tyrone "Lugz" Sparxx. Newly signed Bugsy Siegel has re-invented his image and also recently signed a deal with New Standard Nutrition, and the (in)famous Conviction continue to support multiple Crazy Horse Crew fighters alongside being a key merchandise partner with Dynasty MMA. Other companies such as Ma Balls is Hot, Uncle Rufus, Shadow Realm, and Champion Apparel all also have existing partnerships with part of the crew.

However, there has been a disturbance in the force. A glitch in the matrix. Savage Fightwear is back. It never technically left, and yet it's been re-born and is pushing for something new. There is a curiosity amongst the Crazy Horse Crew and particularly their leader. The nostalgia of this re-emerging brand is lost on them, but the increasing clamour around it cannot be ignored. We answered the question "What's more Savage than a Horse?", but now we ask "What's more Savage than the Crazy Horse Crew?".

Enter the Crazy Horse Savage Nominations

The call has been put out to nominate potential champions to be part of this new program and the Crazy Horse Crew intend to answer this call.

One name put forward was entirely homegrown prospect Sol "Very Fantastic Bawdy" Peters. The hard working Englishman with beautiful body aesthetics has come from the ground up, spending his early career in public gyms (which he has since temporarily returned to) before his manager sorted himself out and acquired the House of 1000 Corpses. However, not only is he currently already a HW champion at SM Fight Liiga, his recent title defence makes him ineligible for the program as it was his 11th professional fight.

Another potential nomination was "The Predator" himself, Lutalo Masamba. While relatively new to the Crazy Horse Crew, this fighter was also far too experienced to qualify, despite being the embodiment of the Savage brand. Other emerging talents were also considered but ultimately removed from contention including former Alex K protege André Levesque, the pride of Warsaw Polish Power, emerging KT future superstar Nicolas Djotodia, and the crazy Buck Bolkvadze (who is actually going to be the world cup winner unlike that silly brit from earlier).

Enter....

"Le Tigre" Olivier Dujardin

16863255464897.png
179cm 179lbs from Paris, France

This emerging phenom is already a champion, winning the NYF 170lb title against a much more experienced opponent at NYF 26. However, at an unblemished 5-0-0, "Le Tigre" is still very much at the beginning of his career. He ticks every single box for the Savage Fightwear program and there was no question that this would be the Crazy Horse Crew nomination.

His biography was in place long before Savage was rebooted and details a troubled start to his early career, where he was forced to fight in a sleazy nightclub by his previous manager and then left without any formal training for a solid period. After finally being released by the gulag of his previous management and switching to Crazy Horse, he has gone from strength to strength. A training session with the legendary Frito Lei (on what not to do) took place to get things started, and ever since Olivier has trained hard and shown massive improvements. He currently brings with him a tight boxing game and devastating top control wrestling with vicious GNP, and is working on improving his general skills in all four primary areas of the fight game.

Is he perfectly rounded? No. Is he ahead of all his similarly aged peers? Definitely not. Is "Le Tigre" a Savage? We say fuck yes.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Love how they've all got unique backgrounds to each other, it feels like I'm looking at special Pokémon cards or something lol

Also its one of those ideas where I'm like "damn I wish I thought of that first" hahah

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rei said:

Love how they've all got unique backgrounds to each other, it feels like I'm looking at special Pokémon cards or something lol

Starter cards on the scholarship will be generic and upon completion of the 122 days a unique card will be made for each remaining fighter. 

• Upvote 2

16468842173263.jpg

Lamar Gordon

Introducing The Preacher's Son for your consideration. Nothing says Savage more than rising up from one of the poorest ghetto's in America. Lamar Gordon did just that finding MMA and religion as an output for his violent tendencies. With the guidance of his father who happens to be the community preacher, Lamar learned that God and Jesus forgive all who have the courage to ask for it. Lamar is currently 8-0 and was the reigning MMA Helsinki 205 pound champion before they closed their doors and released all fighters. He is currently determining which organization he will bless next.

• Upvote 2

Incredible response so far from some awesome managers and their savage fighters. Here is a sneak peak at the scholarship edition base card that will be given to all successful applicants. upon completion of the scholarship you will then be upgraded to a one of a kind holo / gif card to show your epic achievement to the world.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2023 at 8:42 PM, Gator001 said:

G'day, I would like to throw my Akubra into the ring.

Mick Taylor

16795485307003.jpg

Also known as The Dead Dingoes Donger by his mates because of his dry wit. Mick lives in the far north somewhere along the Stuart Highway between Adelaide and Darwin. Works as a Roo Shooter and part time tour guide for british backpackers.

removing mick from the nominees, he is not worthy, thanks

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gator001 said:

removing mick from the nominees, he is not worthy, thanks

A crushing World Cup disappointment will do that. What kind of Mexican name is Odinson anyway? This Mexico team is as suspicious as white powder mailed to your local government office.

Luckily Buck Bolkvadze will win the cup on behalf of Mick!

• Upvote 5

On 8/5/2023 at 11:04 PM, Rei said:

iDVwzQC.jpg

For your consideration:

PtQFd6o.png

Many moons ago, one hundred miles north of Australia’s most famous city (which is not the capital, funnily enough), a child of great promise was born. As was Daniel Marsh, soon after. Being the son of a journeyman boxer who feebly earned a record of 11-11-1 (1 NC) on the aussie regional scene, a young Daniel spent a considerable amount of time in the combat sport scene whilst growing up. Of course, this included many an hour at the gym too. Unlike his father before him, Daniel took to the sport of boxing like a duck to water and won a number of junior amateur tournaments throughout his teens both domestically and overseas, particularly in Japan.

pdKq9AU.png 

It was during an intermission at one such tournament in Japan that Daniel would discover a new, totally unexpected passion as he watched a musical performance from an obscure idol group who were acting as the event’s ring girls. Positively taken aback by the show, and by the girls themselves, Daniel found himself pumped up with reinvigoration and soon dispatched his final opponent of the night in record time. Right then and there, as his hand was raised in victory while surrounded by pretty (and some not so pretty) girls in frilly outfits, a sixteen year-old Daniel decided to dedicate his life to both combat sport and idols.

JMjbhYy.png 

Soon after his eighteenth birthday, Daniel returned to Tokyo from his home in Australia for a solo trip that he told friends and family was for “helping me find myself”. In reality, the young boxer had a 3-month long itinerary planned out that consisted of nothing but watching fights and attending idol shows. He planned his route across the country depending on where events were taking place accordingly and hopped from city to city enjoying his two favourite things. One day, while wandering the streets of Tokyo, Daniel stumbled across the DIAMOND UNBREAKABLE gym where its members were going hard during a session of sparring.

97dLUHz.png 

Daniel took an interest in the session and watched the fighters clash with a keen eye. While observing gym-members Yuuki Brixton and Kai Kitano exchanging blows, the arrogant Australian could not help himself and opted to mock Brixton about his boxing form. Unappreciative of the stranger’s comments however, Yuuki retorted with venom and soon the two had to be separated as fists began to fly. It was at this point that gym owner and MMA promoter Rei stepped in, offering the two young men a chance to settle their differences by way of a mixed-rules bout (in reality, it was a sanctioned professional MMA fight). The pair agreed and fought one another at GFC 1 in Los Angeles in a bout that was essentially little more than a hard sparring match – as the two exchanged leg kicks for jabs more than anything else. The pair then reconciled over fried chicken and beer after their fight, as per Rei’s suggestion.

Daniel “Hype Boy” Marsh (397464)

15223549882658.png

1-0-0

Now, Daniel has made a permanent move to Tokyo to train with the DIAMOND UNBREAKABLE gym with a career in MMA his goal for the future. It has been reported that Daniel signed a four-fight contract with LA based GFC, where he will be aiming to bag Featherweight gold. When asked his reasons for doing so instead of continuing life as a boxer, “Hype Boy” responded with:

“Well, it means I get to go to idol shows whenever I fancy. Oh, and it doesn't hurt that MMA fighters can’t punch to save their lives, just look at Yuuki for example. It should be an easy ride to the top. For someone special like myself anyway. I reckon that by the time I'm 30 I'll have a belt cabinet bigger than... someone who was really good. No doubt I'll have a pretty idol girlfriend too as well, since I'm so handsome and all that.”

Will the arrogance of "Hype Boy" bring about his downfall?

Will Daniel get submitted in embarrassing fashion, round 1 of his return fight?

Will he ever get that pop idol girlfriend that he believes he deserves? 

Who knows? Not me, that's for sure. But I'll stick around to find out, and only hope you do too.

Thanks for your consideration.

image.png.9f118f3ad480aef2b0917f06f8949930.png

oh man, this is perfect for his character

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Barnyard97 said:

Love the concept mate.

I've got a couple fighters that I think live what the SAVAGE brand stands for.

Teo King - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=391007

Juancho De La Rosa - https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=391308

4 hours ago, Barnyard97 said:

I'll chuck one more in the mix - Kwadwo Adunga Jr https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=394719

added to op for consideration - ty

2 minutes ago, CelticStryder said:

16468842173263.jpg

Lamar Gordon still waiting for the call to say he has been selected while he narrows down which lucky MMA organization he will bless next. Rumours from inside the camp is that he is working hard to get those primary skills to Open ID levels while he waits for a worthy opponent and org to emerge.

If anyone deserves it, it’s this guy.

• Upvote 1