Still not dead?

jjsquirrel

I'm gone for a little bit (ok, about two years I suppose) and now that I'm back you still haven't managed to kill off this dying game. By now it has been dying for longer than most games live goddammit! Sure the manager pool may have thinned a little further, but most of the dinosaurs still left won't leave until the next ice age.

No, instead of the whole thing being flushed down a gold-plated toilet like I would have expected I'm seeing:

• Nice community initiatives
  • 400K promising another burst of activity soon
  • like big tournaments
  • Old managers returning
  • Cheaters getting their fingers slapped
  • And.. actual development happening? Small steps at first but a huge step for the game.

It may be calmer than it used to at the moment, but rather than the stillness of death I'm seeing some signs of life. And some disturbing signs as well to be honest.. looking at the rankings now. Why is everyone walking around bow-legged? Except for CK.. just sitting there smiling playing his banjo murmuring something about how they all squeal like pigs. Yeah, we definitely do need some fresh blood in here.. but if we got that we could make Tycoon great again.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4

The community had always been a major part of the game and we don't need permission from anyone to run our tournaments and initiatives.

Now rush is around and Mike's clarity is coming back, the outlook is healthier than its been in a while. We need some new blood. And we need old blood to come back and see the future of mmat. 

There's plans to increase learning speed as well so the game will be quicker to get going if you're starting from scratch,  if it all goes through. 

My thoughts are don't sit around waiting for someone else to make the game better,  make it better for yourself - in whatever way that would be for you. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

I'm gone for a little bit (ok, about two years I suppose) and now that I'm back you still haven't managed to kill off this dying game. By now it has been dying for longer than most games live goddammit! Sure the manager pool may have thinned a little further, but most of the dinosaurs still left won't leave until the next ice age.

No, instead of the whole thing being flushed down a gold-plated toilet like I would have expected I'm seeing:

• Nice community initiatives
  • 400K promising another burst of activity soon
  • like big tournaments
  • Old managers returning
  • Cheaters getting their fingers slapped
  • And.. actual development happening? Small steps at first but a huge step for the game.

It may be calmer than it used to at the moment, but rather than the stillness of death I'm seeing some signs of life. And some disturbing signs as well to be honest.. looking at the rankings now. Why is everyone walking around bow-legged? Except for CK.. just sitting there smiling playing his banjo murmuring something about how they all squeal like pigs. Yeah, we definitely do need some fresh blood in here.. but if we got that we could make Tycoon great again.

Oh Great, another one...lol

• Like 1

It's like Alfred always says, you're not actually allowed to leave.

Even people like Alex K who have made an extra song and dance about finally leaving. I got a DM today from a new guy excited about how he had even MORE money appear in his account to help (after I sent a tiny amount). I told him to go look into his finances, and lo and behold, it's Alex K still doling out the Noob Fund. Don't think we don't know you're still kinda lurking!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daudy said:

It's like Alfred always says, you're not actually allowed to leave.

Even people like Alex K who have made an extra song and dance about finally leaving. I got a DM today from a new guy excited about how he had even MORE money appear in his account to help (after I sent a tiny amount). I told him to go look into his finances, and lo and behold, it's Alex K still doling out the Noob Fund. Don't think we don't know you're still kinda lurking!!!

So it was you who keeps sending me fucking noobs for the noob fund.  Nah, I closed that thing a while back(I sent the last guy some cash cause....who gives a shit? lol).  One more commitment left(1 fighter in a tournament) and I can flip this prehistoric dinosaur of a "game" the bird.  Owners a lazy chode, there's only so long a person can play the EXACT SAME FUCKING game for.

8 minutes ago, imcool said:

So it was you who keeps sending me fucking noobs for the noob fund.  Nah, I closed that thing a while back(I sent the last guy some cash cause....who gives a shit? lol).  One more commitment left(1 fighter in a tournament) and I can flip this prehistoric dinosaur of a "game" the bird.  Owners a lazy chode, there's only so long a person can play the EXACT SAME FUCKING game for.

we'll see you when you get back 🙂 

• Upvote 1

I've only been playing 10 months so I can't claim to understand how some vets are completely fed up with the lack of development but I hope they at least keep tabs on the game since Flipper is only just getting started & has lots in store.

Mike having some help on deck is probably going to have a bigger impact as things move forwards too I reckon and there's always scope for a couple more people to get involved.

Pulling players back into the game after some "meaningful" changes have taken place is something the game should absolutely aim for. There really isn't anything else out there as good - so competition is slim.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:22 PM, Rei said:

to be fair, fifa 10 was a much better game than fifa 23

fifa 12 was even better though

Nothing beat Martin Tyler and Andy Gray.

I agree with Alex, it's been hard to stay invested in the game. In my 5 years (already?) of playing it, I took a good portion of the last 6 months off from really playing.

However, I do WANT to be invested, and I welcome any innovations that may be coming. The game certainly needs it and I hope that this loyal userbase gets rewarded for sticking through some dull patches.

• Upvote 1

This game is like D&D in a way. Random elements, role play, knowledge of how it is played and it being text based. It survives off the community aspect of it however unlike D&D - there hasn't been anything other than the arenas in a fair few years that has changed. The game should have been dead years ago and if Covid never happened i'd bet on the game having a lot less of a userbase than it does now - to the point it wouldn't pay the server fees and Mike would have shut the game down. 

That being said the game is what you make of it. Rush will hopefully kick start it however a bit of a change in the commentary etc is stuff that should be done hopefully in the near future. I know there was a thread in the forums about it in improvements so hopefully some new lines brings a freshness to reading the fights. It would probably be a lot easier than other changes that are in the pipeline. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArtieBanks said:

This game is like D&D in a way. Random elements, role play, knowledge of how it is played and it being text based. It survives off the community aspect..

Sounds good, sign me up!

That being said the game is what you make of it.

"With our thoughts, we make the World"