Rei Makes Stuff

Rei

Figured it's probably not the worst idea to consolidate my works into one place, especially since I can't edit the other threads.

I started with posters originally, and they're still my favourite thing to do. I've made over 200 (or was it 300?) so I won't be posting all of them of course. Here's some of my favourites though:

awYB4Hh.gifRcAOu39.png0EyutRJ.pngxfC7MMX.png

34OzNsX.pngoEfx5Fn.png8TiYGwj.pngqJ2pYpZ.png

ycVBg8h.pngkjRfgpr.pngXiN9kPV.pnggCSnIR8.png

7KtmQbR.png6tASRgl.pngRoMHUBX.png7HOa9ls.png

If you're interested in commissioning a poster, send me a message here or in game! I am not currently looking to commit to any weekly jobs however.

• Upvote 2

Graphics for orgs.

1522506509BUDOKAIi.png

1580181999HVARc4F.pngbZwjvX5.pnghkD1tFx.pngyuSSVCU.pngshzuDze.pngJlo7Fd8.png0MpwX3D.pngfmmKWR9.png

1571872120cMEcetv.png ReZcBH0.png 15566633771555966847TBhYZvn.png

SDilpOV.png mKWsdou.png Juqnh4u.jpg

adDZwTT.png8n6ir31.png 75EBGJU.png5sVBAKw.jpg

NzEnDyg.png JzM0zPE.png  RLqBoBb.jpg

nixOwKf.png hp5nV05.png20191130155602TR.png7i7uuFa.jpg

u2JrUlq.jpg RhuvpX4.jpg RqhgzqV.png

joYm7v6.png0Udz6UQ.jpgw82pC0j.png 4AvxAxD.jpg

zsTAHm6.png T3IIM7i.png

There are several more belts that I am proud of that have yet to be revealed by their respective owners publicly and are thus omitted from the above. Graphics packages are available for commission but are not cheap, as they take up a lot of my real-life time. Most of the assets on my belts are hand-drawn these days and I take pride in working hard to get t hem looking right.

Graphics packages come complete with a logo, hand-made belt, events poster, thumbnail and banner. Do get in touch if you're interested in commissioning a package for your promotion!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

When I run orgs, I like to inject some of my creativity into them. I actively try to bring to the forums some experiences through graphics and writings.

A random selection of such pieces are below.

misc. graphics

DNefBLc.png

zLSIs9H.png

PkVHAla.png

EzNY4if.png

38iPkyz.png

0TK8kCl.png

UB3CGoR.png

1tDgr3q.png

This is typical of the stuff I make for my own promotions, for tournaments, events, write-ups or just some fun. You can expect to see more of this kind of thing in the very near future.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, popart said:

The Budokai era was one of my favorites, always had great writeups and super clean graphics.

good to see you back!

I'm glad to hear that, it means a lot to me that people remember the promotion fondly. It was a fun -almost- two years!

The best thing about running an ID org from rollover is seeing those guys grow and develop in real-time and being able to document their stories first-hand. Some go on to become world beaters and others retire young or broken. I too look back on it all fondly!

Great work Rei, definitely setting an awesome standard for everyone in the graphics space to aim towards.

How cool would it be if we got something like the below graphic but for all of the fighters on the site? 🤩 Something like an automatically generated graphic that managers can use to promote their fighters?! Might be going off on a tangent but great work!

PkVHAla.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, vlad01 said:

Great work Rei, definitely setting an awesome standard for everyone in the graphics space to aim towards.

How cool would it be if we got something like the below graphic but for all of the fighters on the site? 🤩 Something like an automatically generated graphic that managers can use to promote their fighters?! Might be going off on a tangent but great work!

PkVHAla.png

Thank you man! and I agree with you on that one, it would be very nice to see stats/primaries displayed in a different, more visualised way. Not sure how possible it is though lmao.

I take a lot of inspiration from real life promotions and how I'd personally wanna handle the graphics / promotional materials if I were in charge when running my orgs in tycoon. Think I got the idea for this "stats octagon" from something RIZIN did once.

17 minutes ago, Rei said:

Thank you man! and I agree with you on that one, it would be very nice to see stats/primaries displayed in a different, more visualised way. Not sure how possible it is though lmao.

I take a lot of inspiration from real life promotions and how I'd personally wanna handle the graphics / promotional materials if I were in charge when running my orgs in tycoon. Think I got the idea for this "stats octagon" from something RIZIN did once.

Chartjs actually provides a radar chart similar to the one you have displayed so it would actually be very light touch to implement a more visual presentation, though it would have to fit the theme and house style of the site 😅 could add it into the Tycoon Tools extension that I'm working on if you have an idea of where it would look best 🤔

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, vlad01 said:

Chartjs actually provides a radar chart similar to the one you have displayed so it would actually be very light touch to implement a more visual presentation, though it would have to fit the theme and house style of the site 😅 could add it into the Tycoon Tools extension that I'm working on if you have an idea of where it would look best 🤔

I haven't really given it much thought but I'd imagine it'd fit somewhere down near the stats on the fighter profiles. The only issue is it can only really show the data of the primaries, since hiddens are well, hidden, and so are the secondaries at least to anyone but yourself. Which would then raise the question of "is it worth it?" maybe lol

1 minute ago, Rei said:

I haven't really given it much thought but I'd imagine it'd fit somewhere down near the stats on the fighter profiles. The only issue is it can only really show the data of the primaries, since hiddens are well, hidden, and so are the secondaries at least to anyone but yourself. Which would then raise the question of "is it worth it?" maybe lol

Yeah valid point haha! Keep up the great work 😄

• Like 1

New belt, for a yet to be revealed promotion.

dYHdZIX.png

Is it over-designed? Maybe. Is it cool? I think so. I've always wanted to try and do something in the vein of k1 belts, with all the wings and the chains and all that cool stuff but I couldn't get it to work at such a tiny resolution without it looking too messy. I do like how this turned out though.

• Upvote 1

You did really well on the detail like making chains work with only a few pixels. Still the overall design feels too much to me, maybe because I never watched much K1.

Edit: On the other hand, that could be just what you are looking for depending on the style of org. I could still see it work and help add some uniqueness that way if it fits the org theme.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jjsquirrel said:

You did really well on the detail like making chains work with only a few pixels. Still the overall design feels too much to me, maybe because I never watched much K1.

Kinda the opposite of boxing's clean and straight to the point straps isn't it? Wild, edgy and very early 00's Japanese.

Belts in this game are all about trying to be smart with few pixels and you gotta use any tricks you can. It can be a headache, but a fun one nonetheless :) 

4 hours ago, Rei said:

dYHdZIX.png

Is it over-designed? Maybe. Is it cool? I think so. I've always wanted to try and do something in the vein of k1 belts, with all the wings and the chains and all that cool stuff but I couldn't get it to work at such a tiny resolution without it looking too messy. I do like how this turned out though.

I dig it to be honest. Will help make the wall of belts on a profile page look that bit more nice. Just needs a promotion with a similar vibe supported by other things like the posters

5 hours ago, Rei said:

dYHdZIX.png

Is this a Future Rei 400K org project, possibly, maybe, but surely possible that it is definitely going to potentially be Indeed just that? Looks sweat though.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...