CAMP LEAGUE 2024 - ARE YOU INTERESTED ?

Fallen.Angel

Hello everyone,

So, this thread is to see whether enough people are interested in joining our next Season of Camp League.
@MasterLeader has been running the league last time and he'll be hanging up his gloves running the league.
I thought may be I could give it a good shot running the league myself ( hopefully with the help of someone who is interested :) )

So for those who doesn't know what this league is about, please check the following post (the first page for all the details) which is basically our thread on the 2023's season.
https://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74945-official-ufc-camp-league-2023/

And for those who are familiar with the league or have been participants of the league, let me know if you are interested in taking part this time around.

Let me know if you have any questions, or any suggestions to alter the rules , add new rules etc.

Cheers...and a Happy New Year to y'all..

• Upvote 1

Wonder if there’s a different kind of game we can play that’s simpler? Maybe like we predict the champions at the end of the year? (Although could be an incentive to just pick all the current ones…) 

Maybe something a simple as

1. Pick champion in each division (11 in total)

2. You can only pick up to 3 current champions (even if you feel like there will be more who keep their belts)

3. Pick 5 unranked fighters who will finish ranked (higher the better - can do a sliding scale from champ to #15)

4. Pick 5 fighters ranked 11-15 who will finish top 10 (higher the better - can do a sliding scale from champ to #10)

5. Pick 5 fighters ranked 6-10 who will finish top 5 (higher the better - can do a sliding scale from champ to #5)

We can build our own game with this as a starting point. Any other ideas are appreciated 

I can then devise a scoring system and then do quarterly updates.

Emphasis will be on getting the champs right (eg 50% of available points then the remaining 50% is spread across the three other categories. That being said if you pick an unranked guy who ends up in the top 5 that would be a worth a handsome amount)

Would rather not complicate this though so if anyone wants to keep it simpler also please let me know

@ArtieBanks @Fallen.Angel @Gonzasco @Gator001 @The1rstSaint @Runt @Skenoj @Skenoj @Rei @Rei @kenlow73 @The1rstSaint @Jacman

Tag anyone else you think might be interested

$100,000 entry fee

Not me, I got enough on my plate with the Pick'em League.

6 hours ago, Jacman said:

Haven’t been in it in a long time, I’m down to join this year. Going to start some scouting. What’s the target date for the draft?

We got me, @Gonzasco, @Runt and @Jacman ( 4 ) ... if we can get may be another 2 to join ..so it would be 6 teams altogether I think we can go ahead.

@Rei, @The1rstSaint, @Skenoj  you guys in??

edit : Actually if we can sign one more guy, so the total is 5 ... we can start the league :)

9 hours ago, Fallen.Angel said:

We got me, @Gonzasco, @Runt and @Jacman ( 4 ) ... if we can get may be another 2 to join ..so it would be 6 teams altogether I think we can go ahead.

edit : Actually if we can sign one more guy, so the total is 5 ... we can start the league :)

No sorry, I'll definitely end up neglecting it

alright. we got

1. @Fallen.Angel
2. @Gonzasco
3. @Runt
4. @Jacman
5. @ArtieBanks

I think 5 participants are enough for this time :) If anyone else is interested they can obviously join.

* So, I'll make an official thread today and post the game details. I hope we can start our draft on 7th January at 00:00AM GMT or the day after (depending on your preference, so let me know today), and hopefully get it completed by 12th January or so, since they're only 5 teams this year and we have our first event on the 13th of this month.

* We'll continue with the 8 hour window for each draft pick to keep things flowing smoothly and of course everyone can send a list of draft picks to me or another participant depending on the draft order if not available in the forum during the draft window hours.

If you guys have any rule change/add suggestions, let me know here.

I am suggesting a couple of rule changes + some clarifications which we didn't discuss in the last seasons here to start :

1) Scoring for each criteria - currently we have the camp who is placed last in a certain criteria didn't gain any points. I think it's not fair and I suggest that camp at least gaining a single point. I think this will make the competition much closer.

2) Match ending up in a DRAW or  a NO-CONTEST will be counted as an official bout therefore will be taken into consideration when calculating the total record of the camp even though a Draw or a NC isn't technically a win or a loss. The reasons being, in case of a NC - the fighter will still get the show bonus and in a Draw - show bonus + half of the win bonus.
DQs will not be considered as a official bout since no fighter gets any show money etc.

3) I suggest some increase to the bonus money as follows; Bonus on rivalries, POTN/FOTN. This means more value for your fighter ( if wins a bonus of course ) + more incentive to draft higher ranked fighters as well.

Double champs - from 15K  -> to 20K

Champs - from 12K  -> to 16K

Interim champs - from 10.5K  -> to 14K

#1-5 - from 9K  -> to 11K

#6-10 - from 6K  -> to  8K

#11-15 - from 4K  ->  to 6K

Unranked - from 2K  -> 3K

4) Extra fun change : In case if your fighter missed weight ( as officially counted as a missed-weight scenario by the UFC and not an official catchweight bout) AND WIN the fight, he/she will be deducted an amount to be decided (depending on the rank) from the total fight pay to resemble the penalty they suffer normally. If that fighter gets a loss, nothing will be deducted or changed and only the show bonus will be given as usual.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

On 1/4/2024 at 1:00 AM, Fallen.Angel said:

Going to have to pass, thanks for the invite though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jacman said:

I’m good with doing the draft on the 7th.

As for the rule changes I like 1 and 3 the most. Makes things more competitive for everyone

I don't think we'll be able to start the draft on 7th mate. The others haven't responded yet with their preference.
Let's see.
Anyways we havea few more days until the first event of the year.

and yeah let's go with the rules 1 and 3

@Gonzasco @Runt @Jacman @ArtieBanks
So guys, I think we are ready for the draft. I am thinking of starting it on 9th January at 00:00AM GMT.

I think we'll settle on a 100k entry fee yeah? since we have only 5 camps this year.

and the prize money to be given as ;

1st place : 250k
2nd place: 150k
3rd place: 100k

if that sounds alright with you all ? (any donations would be welcome 🙂)

@ArtieBanks is yet to contact me or suggest his ideas ... but I think he'll respond soon and we'll proceed with the draft and the next steps since we only have limited time until the first event of the year.

I'll make the official thread and let you know guys, and hope @MasterLeaderwill be alright with me copying the game introduction post from his last thread :D

So get your draft picks ready and in the official thread I'll announce the draft order
Cheers.