Should Highland move to restricted ID divisions with an Open ID 265+ division?

Highland Ressurection Proposed Division Re-Alignment  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should Highland switch to 390 ID restricted weight classes and a 265+ Open weight class?

• 390k restricted weight divisons with 265+ Open ID division
    • All weight divisions Open ID with matchups against similar ID range

As we start a New Year I wanted to address an issue we have been running into and outline a proposed solution. We have close to 20 fighters who are 25yo builds but have an ID earlier than 390. We have been trying our best to match them against each other but as they are spread across all weight classes it makes it difficult to provide a variety of opponents.

The proposal that makes the most sense would be to ask that fighters created earlier than 390k move to the Open weight division where we can match them against each other and provide a much wide variety of opponent. All other divisons would then be restricted to 390k+. I look forward to your feedback.

3 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

For the second open id option, will it still be limited to 25yo builds only if you go with that?

Yes... I am actually working with Zombie to help phase out any non 25yo builds that are still on the roster. All divisions would be restricted to 25yo builds regardless. The issue with Open ID weight classes is that there aren't enough early IDs at each weight to provide a variety of opponents without unfair matchups that have too much of an ID spread. The second issue is how you handle titles for each of those weight classes while still offering only fights against similar ID range? Either Open ID fighters would need to be ineligible for a title shot or the 390k guys would have to be willing to fight Open ID guys for a shot a the belt.

I would far prefer the older builds go to the open ID division, there aren't a whole ton of them anyway and pitting them against younger fighters with a large ID spread is just unfair, it takes a lot longer for 25 year old creations to bridge gaps and many wouldn't have started with fast learning speeds to begin with.

• 3 weeks later...