2023 awards?

Mentor

On 2/5/2024 at 9:51 PM, Fireballer34 said:

Can I suggest another award? Although most people aren’t voting in nominations, even the ones who supported this, I still think this idea is good. Rising star award, top prospect 23 or under years old. 

I doubt that will get any traction. As you already mentioned, we will be lucky to get the main awards off the ground, not a lot of interest.

eh, those awards are always more rigged than a US Presidential Election or the College Football Playoffs...

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

It sounds nice and ideally I would like to have it built into the game itself like that. But it also has some cons:

• Development time that could be spent on other things, since we have the forums for now.
  • Less flexibility, if we decide we want some new award or drop one that is no longer relevant it may not be as easy to do and since any major change now requires development time that may not be available. And given that there are some major changes planned for the game I could see that we may want some changes to the awards also depending on how the game changes.

So while I do actually want this I think it would be better to wait and maybe do it later.

3 hours ago, jjsquirrel said:

It sounds nice and ideally I would like to have it built into the game itself like that. But it also has some cons:

• Development time that could be spent on other things, since we have the forums for now.
  • Less flexibility, if we decide we want some new award or drop one that is no longer relevant it may not be as easy to do and since any major change now requires development time that may not be available. And given that there are some major changes planned for the game I could see that we may want some changes to the awards also depending on how the game changes.

So while I do actually want this I think it would be better to wait and maybe do it later.

Oh yeah absolutely, I'm not saying we'll do this tomorrow but we've effectively building a backlog of every single thing that we could build for the site - the highest priorities will form our road map while the rest are the nice to haves we can work on when not looking at anything else, hence the question :)

8 hours ago, Daudy said:

That would probably lead to better engagement, though you'd obviously have to watch for any vote manipulation.

(Also can we maybe please hand out the 2022 awards)

Were they not distributed for some reason?

1 hour ago, Vlad said:

Oh yeah absolutely, I'm not saying we'll do this tomorrow but we've effectively building a backlog of every single thing that we could build for the site - the highest priorities will form our road map while the rest are the nice to haves we can work on when not looking at anything else, hence the question :)

Were they not distributed for some reason?

I don’t think Mike ever remembered to hand them out. He was notified, but never ended up doing it

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2024 at 3:58 PM, Vlad said:

What do you guys think about doing these awards in-game? Managers can submit their nominations then everyone, even those who don't use the forums can vote with the all of the necessary information available to them at a glance.

It makes more sense to have voting in game and nominations in the forums. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mentor said:

It makes more sense to have voting in game and nominations in the forums. 

Maybe it makes sense for you to either start "official" nominations or bump the current topics i already started, to see if any new nominations make it to the list.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:21 AM, Fireballer34 said:

I don’t think Mike ever remembered to hand them out. He was notified, but never ended up doing it

Roger that - I'll have a look back through and see who needs to be given their award :)