2023 awards?

Mentor

9 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

TBH has anyone even PM'd him about Last Years awards? I would but meh I got other things to do, MR Pickles ftw!

Maybe the "Voting council" which was responsible was supposed to do that? 

11 hours ago, The1rstSaint said:

Honorable mention would be Mr Melon wherever he is. He needs to get back and fight the Pickle man once and for all for all the Awards! @Daudy

Melon is in the bahamas these days :(

Speaking of Mr Pickle, I need to get off my behind and organise something. He's meant to fight a 500lb man!

1 hour ago, Jersey said:

500lb??? That's it?!

There have been fighters that have made it to 1000+, but alas, the heaviest still active is a mere 500. Feel free to work on making an even bigger guy though. Max starting weight is 300, so you'll need a lot of supps.

2 hours ago, Daudy said:

There have been fighters that have made it to 1000+, but alas, the heaviest still active is a mere 500. Feel free to work on making an even bigger guy though. Max starting weight is 300, so you'll need a lot of supps.

Yeah I actually just randomly stumbled onto a retired guy that was like 1200 yesterday haha

On 1/23/2024 at 1:49 AM, Mentor said:

Maybe the "Voting council" which was responsible was supposed to do that? 

On 1/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, The1rstSaint said:

TBH has anyone even PM'd him about Last Years awards? I would but meh I got other things to do, MR Pickles ftw!

On 1/21/2024 at 11:06 PM, Jersey said:

I don't think 2022 were ever handed out?

No voting council last year. All noms and votes were community. I did the threads and tallied the votes then told mike the results. Also reminded him he didnt hand them out.  He still didnt do either before i left.

6 hours ago, silverback said:

I agree. 2023 awards would be great to see. Been a fun part of the game over the years.

So maybe we should simply start the typical topics and see who the main candidates are? We only really need to do the main awards (Divisions, Companies, FOH etc), no need to complicate things. I can start the topics to see the main candidates and start the polls shortly after. If nobody is against that, lets get started. 

What awards shall we have?

Fighter of the year award

Best in Division awards

Org award

ID restricted award

Nutrition + Clothing company awards

Alliance award

KO + Submission award

Manager award

Do we need Grappling and K-1? There is like 2-3 companies for each, not sure they are needed. Anything else?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The art lover and enjoyer of subjective creative categories in me would like to see the return of designer of the year and poster of the year. Tournament of the year could be a good one too as there's been many notable and enjoyable ones last year

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mentor said:

So maybe we should simply start the typical topics and see who the main candidates are? We only really need to do the main awards (Divisions, Companies, FOH etc), no need to complicate things. I can start the topics to see the main candidates and start the polls shortly after. If nobody is against that, lets get started. 

Best in Division awards

Org award

ID restricted award

Alliance award

KO + Submission award

Manager award

Do we need Grappling and K-1? There is like 2-3 companies for each, not sure they are needed. Anything else?

I think grappling yes, KT no, since their hadn’t even been a sustainable KT org for this year.

4 hours ago, Mentor said:

Best in Division awards

Org award

ID restricted award

Alliance award

KO + Submission award

Manager award

Yes sir, I agree we should as well.

I think KT and grappling would be good to add, though do agree with Fireballer that KT is a smaller group then grappling and has not had longevity in recent years. Though in 2023 we had lasting KT in at least 2 orgs I can think of.

2 hours ago, Rei said:

The art lover and enjoyer of subjective creative categories in me would like to see the return of designer of the year and poster of the year. Tournament of the year could be a good one too as there's been many notable and enjoyable ones last year

This 100%
Both tournament and poster of the year would be great too. I would also really like to see designer of the year also ;)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Mentor said:

Best in Division awards

Org award

ID restricted award

Alliance award

KO + Submission award

Manager award

Manager

MMA Fighter

KT Fighter

Grappler

Org

Fight

Highlight of the year (any single event, tournament, comeback, feud, basically a catch-all for anything else but with it being a single award it actually means something)

Designer

To me, everything else seems redundant.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

Yes sir, I agree we should as well.

I think KT and grappling would be good to add, though do agree with Fireballer that KT is a smaller group then grappling and has not had longevity in recent years. Though in 2023 we had lasting KT in at least 2 orgs I can think of.

I had a look and we have a total of 2 dedicated orgs for grappling with a total of 50 fighters involved. We have one other org with a couple of divisions in it. I mean it is hard to create an award when there is just 2 candidates and 50-60 fighters dedicated to it.

We do not even have even 1 K-1 org currently, just a few orgs running sparse events, so i think that award is totally redundant. 

Regarding tournaments, did we have at least 5-6 tournaments this year? I was not really paying attention. 

Designer for sure

• Upvote 1