Mail text error

Fireballer34

Mail text error

whenever I receive a pm in game, the text is very messed up, look at this message I got from STRIKE. 

<p>Thanks to everyone for another great weekend for STRIKE! with both KT and the MMA event.</p>

<p>Quick bit of housekeeping first - Please can I get everyone to accept or decline fight offers when they are presented!</p>

<p>There is nothing worse for an org and managers, than waiting for an opponent to make decision all the way up until the fight and then not getting an answer.&nbsp;</p>

<p>Please dont feel pressured to take fights. If you're not happy with it, by all means decline it, but please dont just ignore it. Thanks</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p><span style="font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;; font-size: 13px;">On the KT side if things, the org is slowly but surely building hype and certainly trending in the right direction. I will be looking to start slowly raising fighter pays in the coming weeks.&nbsp;</span></p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">I still need to tread lightly here, so please dont expect massive increases just yet. The goal is to build a sustainable KT org that can stick around and thrive for the long haul, so we'll still need to be careful not to overdo it too quickly - but again, things are going well so far!</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">&nbsp;</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">For the MMA guys, we're not quite there just yet but thats ok. For now i'd like to continue to build 205 and up, but as mentioned earlier, it's been very difficult making fights for the lower classes (under 205) and signings for those lower weights has basically stopped. I'll continue making fights with the fighters we have, but of course, please feel free to look for opportuities elsewhere.</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">&nbsp;</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">This is only for the MMA guys, for KT we are still growing all divisions and going strong.</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">Big thanks again to everyone for making my job easy by being so easy to deal with, it's much appreciated.</p>

<p class="p1" style="margin: 0px; font-variant-numeric: normal; font-variant-east-asian: normal; font-variant-alternates: normal; font-kerning: auto; font-optical-sizing: auto; font-feature-settings: normal; font-variation-settings: normal; font-variant-position: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; font-family: &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;;">Keep kickin' ass!</p>

i can’t read this, it pisses me off, it’s probably just me that has this but I’d like it fixed. 

severity: medium

I doubt you could recreate this, it seems to only be happening to me, but it’s like this on every single pm I get

• Upvote 1

Also, I see a lot of e-mails like this from time to time. Something what would be nice to fix too.

Same as in fighter's bios, that should be changed. Also, it's quite fine part of the game. Maybe let's do there full-BBCode what make this more attractive, maybe will be more guys with bios. Always better to see fighters with custom avatars and interesting bios, right?

20 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Could someone copy and paste a mail where they're seeing these characters pop up, please?

At the top, I have one. Here’s another:

<p>Hello all, Mike here...&nbsp;<br />
<br />
I'm delighted to announce that MMA Tycoon has a new co-owner, after I've sold a stake in the site to one of our long term users, who will be using the forum / username Vlad.</p>
<p>He's been helping me unofficially behind the scenes for some time now and we've just made things official, with him buying into Tycoon for 50% ownership.&nbsp;</p>
<p>First and foremost, Vlad is an excellent programmer and a really good guy. He's also got bags of enthusiasm, so all those things combined, I think he's the perfect addition to take MMA Tycoon to the next level.&nbsp;</p>
<p>He's posted an introduction on the forums, so if you'd like to welcome him to the Tycoon team, please do so on the thread below!</p>
<p>https://forums.mmatycoon.com/index.php?/topic/79048-mmatycoon-20/#comment-1018152</p>
<p>Welcome on board, Vlad!&nbsp;</p>

most aren’t that bad but it’s still annoying

What browser are you using out of curiosity? / Could you try from a different one just from a testing perspective?

The reason I ask is that I received the same mail but didn't see these issues -

image.png

Anyone else experiencing this?

I've seen this happen once or twice via mails before where someone had formatted the message rather than just using plain text.

When you see this happen is it happening in all browsers & are you seeing this on mobile, PC or both?

1 hour ago, Skuzbukit said:

I've seen this happen once or twice via mails before where someone had formatted the message rather than just using plain text.

When you see this happen is it happening in all browsers & are you seeing this on mobile, PC or both?

I am in mobile so I usually just use safari.

7 hours ago, Vlad said:

What browser are you using out of curiosity? / Could you try from a different one just from a testing perspective?

The reason I ask is that I received the same mail but didn't see these issues -

image.png

Anyone else experiencing this?

I can confirm that at least for me, it is a phone vs PC issue. I looked at the same message from the same manager across all tests.

On PC I have just checked with:

• Firefox v123.0 (my default)
  • Chrome v122.0.6261.95
  • Edge v 122.0.2365.59 (so not quite the latest version)

OS is just your standard 64bit Windows 10 Home

No display issues.

However, when I tested on my phone (android based), the same message did have the formatting issues up top.

I tried on the following:

• Default Samsung Internet App
  • Firefox
  • Chrome

And all yielded the same formatting issues.

Really oddly though, I then emulated a different phone (also android based, though emulating a slightly more recent model than my real one, though not at all a recent model) and tested on Chrome and had no formatting issues. However, I was emulating that phone via Bluestacks on the abovementioned PC with no issues.