Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

There is no questioning that Gale's chin is soft. But, I like going into a title fight with nothing to prove. And Tire's chin has failed him in the past. Maybe Tire's will get sloppy and we can turn his 4 KO losses into 5.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14107938834453.jpg

Martin Riggs 155lbs

This is probably my toughest fight so far since signing with my new manager. I've met Patton on 2 previous occasions and we stand and 1-1. Tonight I'm here to make it 2-1, knocking Patton out of the way so I can get a title shot in the very near future.

Good luck old man.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161918586537.jpg

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan

(116595)-Hey Ivanovits,I am gonna crack your chin wide open so bad that you'll need a vaccum cleaner to pick up the pieces of it.

A little flashback here.Did that tickle a nerve?

That kick from McFinnigan tenderised Ivanovits's leg. Ivanovits is trying to keep his angry face on.

Ivanovits is still on wobbly legs! Can McFinnigan finish him?

McFinnigan lands an uppercut, right on the button! Ivanovits tumbles backwards into the cage, staring vacantly into space! He's got no idea where he is, who he is or what day it is... Poor guy.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:45 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Mickey McFinnigan!

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=698096

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161918586537.jpg

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan-Here's another one to keep you up to date.

.http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked2.gif

Ivanovits is rocked!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/cut2.gif

It looks like Sergei Ivanovits has been cut.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/2.gif

That's two minutes gone in the round.

The crowd are loving this. Great action here.

McFinnigan cracks Ivanovits with a nasty uppercut that draws ooohs from the crowd and sends Ivanovits tumbling backwards onto the mat. He tries to recover but McFinnigan pounces and lands a hail of unanswered strikes that forces the referee to step in to end the fight! Ivanovits is not happy but he gave the referee no choice!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:10 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Mickey McFinnigan!

An out of breath and clearly excited Mickey McFinnigan thanked Arcticus for their help and support (and free stuff they sent him)

I hope your camp was able to find the microscopic pieces of your chin.see ya sucker.

Martin Riggs 155lbs

so I can get a title shot in the very near future.

Good luck old man.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161549782950.jpg

"THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze

(70417)-Not so fast Riggs.I just won 2 fights in a span of 7 days so i can stake my claim on the title as well. I say we fight.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161549782950.jpg

"THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze

(70417)-Not so fast Riggs.I just won 2 fights in a span of 7 days so i can stake my claim on the title as well. I say we fight.

Martin Riggs 155lbs

With the champ away at the Winter Olympics, I accept your challenge. Let's see what you've got old man.

The press caught up to Light Diode after his loss by TKO (Punch) Saturday night after SYN Olympics and held a scrum. Diode expressed his anger at the stoppage. "Even the commentators said it might have been too early! The fucking ref makes Steve Mazzagotti look like an expert. Yeah, Hayes hit me with a big punch - not going to deny that. But I was ready to go. There was no reason to stop that fight. As per usual, the fucking officiating sucks." Asked by the media if he wanted a rematch, Diode had this to say, "You're goddamn right I want a rematch! I beat him first by decision. Now I want to knock his ass out. I tried a different approach this time. Next time, I'm going to knock him the fuck out. I already have Chris Tucker booked to announce it...YOU JUST GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT." In calling for a rubber match, Light Diode stated, "We have to settle the score. I'm bringing the fucking pain. Give me that match, he gets knocked out at the end of the first round." Asked how he was going to learn from the loss, Diode had this to say, "There's nothing to learn. I already know the refs are corrupt, the judges are corrupt...how much did they ride Khalid Hayes' dick, anyway? Next time, the only decision they're going to need to make is when to pull me off his limp body."

Diode skipped the locker room and press conference, much to the chagrin of media, and exited the arena to catch his flight home. He is excited to be training at a new gym, the University of Hard Knocks, and could be heard shouting, "Hard FUCKING KNOCKS!" all the way to his Uber ride.

• 4 weeks later...

Martin Riggs 155lbs

After my first round victory by KO against the talented Alexander Blaze, I find myself up against Naru Jarkko. Jarkko and I have met once before where Jarkko got the better of me and won with a well timed submission. I was unprepared for that fight.

There is no doubt Jarkko is a talented fighter but things have changed since our last fight. I have much more confidence in my abilities and so far have gone undefeated since signing with my new manager. Jarrko maybe last man standing between me and a shot at the lightweight title, I won't let him get in the way tonight.

More than 90,000 screaming fans are expected to pack the LA Memorial Colossuseum for Syn’s latest trip to the City of Angels. Most will be hotly anticipating the middleweight title fight but the collection of other crowd favourites will entice a raucous reaction throughout Syn 337.

Main Event

Middleweight Championship

“Jungle Boy” Pablo Escobar (19-7-0) vs. Dragon Slayer (27-9-1) ©

There is an undeniable sense of apprehension heading into this big middleweight title fight. The champion Slayer has only defended his belt once in his last five fights and is only three and two over that period. The challenger Escobar walked away from the now defunct NGF as their middleweight champion and stormed into Syn with an explosive first round knock out. All the superficial signs point to the challenger being the strong favourite.

Such proclamations just aren’t that simple.

Escobar could not get past the recently retired Tyler Richards in his time with the NGF. Dragon Slayer was the man who beat Richards into retirement. Escobar has an impressive recent record of only taking fights with middleweights who are ranked in the divisional top 50. Slayer makes that type of record look derisory. The champion has fought at the best level for a long time and has come out ahead more times than not.

One thing Escobar can take away from watching Slayer facing such fierce competition is that there is a pre-existing model for beating him. The champ does not like to be put on the back foot and can be bullied into frustration. Topi Takala took this one step further and used Slayer’s impulsiveness to gain several big takedowns that ultimately lead to the Ascension champion’s victory. The issue will be whether Escobar can execute against a truly elite talent in such a precise way. He has the pedigree to do so but ultimately the only way to prove it is by claiming the championship belt.

Prediction: Slayer - 4th round stoppage

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Division

Dmitry “Edge” Borschev (22-9-0) vs. “The Hulk” Autumn Hunter (30-12-1)

Borschev found the transition into Syn’s heavyweight division troubling but now the big Russian fighter appears to have found his feet. A win here could put him in line for a shot at Syn’s vaunted champion Brick Tires. For such dreams to happen, “Edge” will have to get past one of Syn’s great survivors. Autumn Hunter has amassed more than 20 fights in the organisation which is in an accomplishment rarely matched by those who have never held the fabled titanium.

The fight can be expected to be a studious affair with each man not willing to commit to early. This weariness has enveloped many of the most high profile recent heavyweight showdowns as fighters become increasingly wary of the destructive power of the counter to the body. In fact, this may be a rare case of fighters looking to protect their bodies over their heads. Neither man appears to respect the others power but both know that a broken rib can leave you defenceless against the weakest opponent. However, if asked to judge which man can spring the decisive blow, the majority are surely going to guess Borschev.

Prediction: Borschev - 2nd round stoppage

Main Card

Middleweight Division

Danny Brown (26-15-0) vs. Oisin “The Deer” O’Conghaile (27-16-0)

It took both Danny Brown and Oisin O’Conghaile tens of fights and multiple cities before they made it to the big show. Their careers have had ups and downs but both have always endeared themselves to the masses. Such acclaim will make this one of the most anticipated fights on the night.

This should also be an interesting battle of distinct styles. O’Conghaile is very much a focused boxer with his roots in Ireland’s hugely successful amateur program. He uses lunging hooks as well as anyone. This often unsettles opponents who are caught by surprise as he produces unique angles that are not usually seen. Brown is a far more traditional kick boxer who garners big power in his leg kicks. There is a good chance that he can use these to slow O’Conghaile down. Some have suggested he would be more effective if he faked to the head kick more so it will be interesting to see if he incorporates that into his game plan.

Prediction: Brown - Unanimous Decision

Welterweight Division

“Thor” Eiji Kawashima (36-11-0) vs. Ramazan Temel (21-10-0)

It is often suggested that fighters become more tentative with age and Eiji Kawashima would appear to be testament to that anecdote. The man known as “Thor” for his devastating knockouts early in his career has heard the judge’s scorecard in 13 of his past 16 fights. It would not be surprising for this fight to go that way either. His opponent Ramazan Temel is well known for being pretty to watch but never being able to find the killer blow. At times this has cost Temel a shot at the big time when he has dominated a fight and then seen it all taken away in a flash. The way Kawashima is fighting, Temel is probably safe from that. However this will put more pressure on both men as they will be well aware they will be looking to impress the judges as much as the fans.

Prediction: Kawashima - split decision

Light Heavyweight Division

“Storm” Antonio Carlos Ferreira (25-9-0) vs. Alexander Adolphson (28-8-1)

Antonio Carlos Ferreira appears to be gaining real benefit from his recent camp move. The Brazilian native appeared to been a downward spiral for some time but two consecutive wins has seen him rise like a phoenix and back into the Pound For Pound top 1000. Alexander Adolphson is no stranger to taking this route to success, having moved on several occasions. His signing with Syn was questioned by many who wondered if he had the pure talent to compete. His first bout did little to quell the doubters as he was comprehensively out-struck. He has another chance to prove the naysayers wrong but Ferreira is looking fierce and will go in as a strong favourite.

Prediction: Ferreira - 1st round stoppage

Undercard

Middleweight Division

Begbie Franco (25-15-0) vs. Lee Trevino (15-3-1)

Trevino is making a lot of noise due to his rapid rise up the middleweight division. He will surely see Franco as a stepping stone to greater things. However we have all seen young studs overlook wily veterans to their cost before.

Prediction: Trevino - 3rd round stoppage

Nemanja Prijovic (25-12-0) vs. “Bastard” Torrelio Sacana (24-9-0)

Former EVO champion Nemanja Prijovic makes his Syn debut. He is a fighter that is possibly on the decline but he will surely have enough to get past Torrelio Sacana. The “Bastard” will be desperately looking for an early takedown if he is to have a reasonable chance.

Prediction: Prijovic - 1st round stoppage

Welterweight Division

Indica Jatlier (25-12-0) vs. “The Underestimated” Michael Ehrmantraut (19-12-0)

Two warriors still battling away as their careers begin to near the end, Jailer and Ehrmantraut will look at each other as a great chance to prove that they have one last title run left in them. The loser may well decide that those chances are over.

Prediction: Ehrmantraut - Unanimous Decision

Middleweight Division

“The Elbow” Charles Cooper (19-16-0) vs. Lance Domingo (18-11-0)

Bloggers wondered how Charles Cooper would fair outside the nourishing background of HERO. The answer so far has been not well. It is always good to see Lance Domingo return to the the cage but if he beats Cooper with ease then the younger man knows he needs to re-evaluate his place in the MMA pyramid.

Prediction: Domingo - 2nd round stoppage

Welterweight Division

“The True King” Viserys Targaryen (24-11-0) vs. “Jimmy The Gent” James Burke (9-9-0)

Burke will be looking for revenge after Targaryen took a tight decision victory at Syn 330. Surely Burke will look to fight from the outside this time around otherwise “The True King” will have his way on the ground once again.

Prediction: Burke - Unanimous Decision

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14222970711820.jpg

"The Killer" Virgil Morgan

I have heard that Charles Martel is one the greatest fighter of all time at 145lbs. I would love to challenge myself by going up against him. Hearby I officially challenge you, Charles Martel, to come to my house and fight me. You are a skinny old man who looks like Justin Bieber on holiday.

• Downvote 1

I have heard that Charles Martel is one the greatest fighter of all time at 145lbs. I would love to challenge myself by going up against him. Hearby I officially challenge you, Charles Martel, to come to my house and fight me. You are a skinny old man who looks like Justin Bieber on holiday.

Listen, Virgil, whomever your sources are happen to be correct, I am the greatest featherweight this sport has ever been witness too. I've never heard your name mentioned over the course of my illustrious career, but if you wanna get beat up I'm always down for that. I have a fight coming up that will see me win yet another world title in the SYN Bantamweight Championship, but after that we can tangle if that's what you're after.

As far as the Bieber comment goes, he's a close personal friend and we've spent some considerable time together on holiday. Let's just say I treat him with a different style of ground and pound.

C. Martel

• Upvote 1

Listen, Virgil, whomever your sources are happen to be correct, I am the greatest featherweight this sport has ever been witness too. I've never heard your name mentioned over the course of my illustrious career, but if you wanna get beat up I'm always down for that. I have a fight coming up that will see me win yet another world title in the SYN Bantamweight Championship, but after that we can tangle if that's what you're after.

As far as the Bieber comment goes, he's a close personal friend and we've spent some considerable time together on holiday. Let's just say I treat him with a different style of ground and pound.

C. Martel

You might not have heard my name yet, but you'll remember it after we had our fight for sure.
I'm honored to see that you accept my challenge. I might take a fight myself as well before facing you, since I don't like sitting on the sidelines for too long.

I wish you good luck in your title fight. Hopefully you win, so that you can add another great chapter to your amazing career. The more belts and trophies you have before we meet, the bigger my fame will be when I beat you .

C. Martel

Any fighter who ever lost to Frank Rizzo Jr. Could NEVER.... EVER be considered the greatest ever! Brotha please!!! And as far as u and your girlfriend Bieber, where I come from when we take a dump, we call in dropping a Bieber... And if that's what your Rollin with you are more delusional then I ever imagined!!!

Once again the LA Memorial Colossuseum will be trembling at the noise of 90,000 plus spectators eagerly awaiting the latest pay-per-view from Synchronicity. As is custom for such an epic event, there will be multiple titles on the line and a plethora of former champions looking to get back to the top of the mountain as the organisation, in association with Australian Xtreme Elite Supplements 160Q, proudly presents Syn 338: Allen vs. Digital 2.

Main Event

Welterweight Championship

“The Flash” Barry Allen (28-14-0) © vs. “RZA” Bobby Digital (20-5-0)

Sometimes a single moment can capture the essence of a sport. A fleeting juncture that encapsulates everything that is magical yet poignant about an epic tussle that will inevitably lead to one being victorious over the other. MMA is the ultimate form of this modern tragedy as the person on the losing end is forced to admit he is the lesser man.

“The Flash” Barry Allen zeroing down on “RZA” Bobby Digital is one of these breathtaking instances. Allen will be forever immortalised hanging in the air, bringing his super punch down on the forehead of Digital who grimaces; waiting for the knock out blow to be delivered. It will go down as one of the most dramatic ways a Syn title match has been won and will continue to amaze fans long after these two men have retired.

Now we get the rematch.

To be honest, very little has changed since these two last met. Both are highly efficient strikers who pack serious weight behind their shots. Neither man will fear the other though. The last fight was very equal until that final stunning blow. Digital will have every confidence that a few small changes will lead him to having his own posterised image to hang on a wall.

This perceived equality must put Allen’s camp in a bit of a quandary. Will he stick to the game plan that delivered him the championship or will he make adjustments in the hope of dominating Digital more comprehensively. It will be a risky strategy either way as the wrong decision could hand the belt back to the former champion.

Whatever happens, this promises to be a barnstormer from the first minute and we can only dream that it has an ending that lives up to its predecessor.

Prediction: Allen - 3rd round stoppage

Co-Main Event

Featherweight Championship

Bartek Pietrzak (26-9-0) vs. Bucky The Badger (31-5-3) ©

For the third time in his career, Bartek Pietrzak will face Bucky The Badger and he will be desperately hoping to finally get the win over his fiercest rival.

There will be no surprises for either man as they have already spent a full 50 minutes in a cage together. They have fought across every aspect of the sport and neither man has ever found a defining moment of clarity on how to undo their opponent’s defence. The only time one fighter has arguably been in trouble came late in the first fight when The Badger landed a swift straight from inside the clinch that did appear to wobble Pietrzak. However the Polish fighter soaked up a massive mount of punishment from the clinch in the second fight which rather dispels any notion that The Badger has a significant advantage.

Many believe that these two will see out another 25 minutes. This isn’t exactly controversial thinking considering the last two fights. Surely the only chance of this changing is if either fighter can land more consistently. Both are landing less than 35% of attempts per fight. Maybe that can lead to one of these great featherweights into a definite finish but it does seem rather doubtful.

Prediction: The Badger - Unanimous Decision

Main Card

Christo “The Dagger” Stoichkov (26-11-0) vs. Evgeniy Malkin (22-9-3)

Former Syn champion Evgeniy Malkin faces the highly unusual prospect of the ultra thin Christo “The Dagger” Stoichkov.

If anything, the Bulgarian Stoichkov is tall for a light heavyweight but he appears to have almost no muscle on his elongated body. This gives him a ghoulish appearance that is rather reminiscent of the grim reaper. Why Stoichkov chooses to fight in this shape is a bit of a mystery but one argument that has been put forward is that it gives him excellent cardio which allows him to outwork more heavily muscular opponents. This will certainly prove to be a challenge for Malkin who has struggled to find consistency since his title loss. Perhaps the challenge of working out his unique foe will reinvigorate him.

Prediction: Malkin - 1st round stoppage

Super Heavyweight Division

Cody Gale (38-17-0) vs. “The Wise Man” Andrei Kersikov (10-1-0)

One of the most experienced fighters in Syn takes on one of the least in this battle of different generations.

Cody Gale has been in the cage with champions, number one pound for pound superstars and many a hyped prospect who has fizzled into obscurity. He has become a bench mark for any upcoming fighter who wishes to prove they are a potential superstar. This vaunted history gives “The Wise Man” Andrei Kersikov a wonderful opportunity to reinvigorate his claims of future dominance after his first loss as a professional. “The Wise Man” certainly has the power to test Gale’s chin but the wily veteran will surely have a few tricks up his sleeve to hinder any dreams of a quick decisive victory.

Prediction: Kersikov - 2nd round stoppage

Welterweight Division

Gonna “Get” Spanked (27-9-0) vs. “Hispanic Causing Panic” Hugo Valderena (25-10-0)

Gonna “Get” Spanked and “Hispanic Causing Panic” Hugo Valderena have both been champions where ever they have plied their trade. They meet at Syn 338 knowing that the winner will surely be in a great position to enter the title scene once again. The momentum is certainly on Valderena’s side as he is on a four fight winning streak. However that has mostly happened outside Syn which rather pales in comparison with the high calibre of opponent that Spanked has faced. His past four have include losing efforts to both champion and challenger in the main event. This one should be fiercely contested from the outset but it seems that Valderena has found a groove that may well be enough to carry him past the faltering Spanked.

Prediction: Valderena - Unanimous Decision

Undercard

Heavyweight Division

Ben Dobson (20-12-0) vs. “The Dominator” Trent Pope (42-20-0)

Ben Dobson will hope to be the latest fighter to take advantage of the declining Trent Pope. This will be sweet revenge for the younger man who was outclassed in the two’s first meeting. Dobson had better not take Pope too lightly though as “The Dominator” still possesses tremendous power.

Prediction: Dobson - Unanimous Decision

Heavyweight Division

Nelson “AK-47 Is My Fckn Address” Gunn (28-14-1) vs. Vincent Mars (11-4-0)

Learning how to win ugly is an essential skill for older fighters. It is something that Nelson Gunn appears to have discovered a real talent for. He welcomes Syn debutant Vincent Mars to the company who will come out swinging haymakers. It will be interesting to see if Gunn can continue his streak against such precocious single-mindedness.

Prediction: Mars - 1st round stoppage

Featherweight Division

“The Gun” Santiago Calirante (12-2-0) vs. “The Turk” James Torello (17-7-0)

Former champion Torello has not been seen for some time. He returns against unknown Santiago Calirante. The Spaniard has been plying his trade in Amsterdam and is asking a lot of himself to hang with such a formidable opponent in what will be his first experience of the world stage.

Prediction: Torello - 3rd round stoppage

Featherweight Division

“Kreator” Bobby Moore (28-19-3) vs. Knuckle “Pummel” Stone (29-20-2)

It will be a joy for many fans to see Moore and Stone go at it. These guys have been around for a long time and fought in many of the top organisations. Their popularity is undeniable even though neither has spent any concerted time as a champion. This should be an all-out war with neither man willing or able to back down.

Prediction: Stone - Unanimous Decision

Featherweight Division

Rico “El Chupacabra” Dominguez (26-17-3) vs. Silik “The Gash” Hunt (31-26-0)

Two of the forgotten men at 145, Hunt and Gash desperately need a decisive win to make them relevant again. A decision for either man should be considered a loss for both so expect both men to come out swinging.

Prediction: Dominguez - 3rd round stoppage

• Upvote 2

You might not have heard my name yet, but you'll remember it after we had our fight for sure.
I'm honored to see that you accept my challenge. I might take a fight myself as well before facing you, since I don't like sitting on the sidelines for too long.

I wish you good luck in your title fight. Hopefully you win, so that you can add another great chapter to your amazing career. The more belts and trophies you have before we meet, the bigger my fame will be when I beat you .

You're not the first fighter who has tried swinging from my nuts hoping to gain a win over me, and somehow steal away my fighting swagger. It won't end well for you, mark my words. I always get a little extra motivation for fights when people call me out, I plan on finishing you inside the first three minutes. The only way your name will be connected with the great Charles Martel will be as another of his victims.

Any fighter who ever lost to Frank Rizzo Jr. Could NEVER.... EVER be considered the greatest ever! Brotha please!!! And as far as u and your girlfriend Bieber, where I come from when we take a dump, we call in dropping a Bieber... And if that's what your Rollin with you are more delusional then I ever imagined!!!

The only Rizzo Jr fight that matters is this one.

The "rematch" doesn't even count on Martel's official record you scumbag.

Aren't you Bieber's little brother? Why you gonna talk shit about your family?

The astonishing regularity of Syn selling out in Los Angeles has required local authorities to make major changes to the local traffic grid. These alterations are in affect for the first time at Syn 339: Bar Room Brawl.

Main Event

Welterweight Division

“Deus de Guerra” Pluto Palhares (43-9-0) vs. Kisuke Urahara (17-10-2)

Synchronicity fans will have the LA Colossuesum trembling in wide-eyed anticipation for the return of “Deus da Guerra” Pluto Palhares, who makes his first appearance for the company in over five years. The long time Evolution and Cage Wars veteran was once considered the greatest fighter in the world at 170 pounds. Now there are doubts cast upon his future prospects after the way he relinquished the Evo title in December. “Deus d Guerra” looks to his new surroundings in the hope of re-energising his career so he can orchestrate one last run before father time finally catches up with him.

Standing opposite Palhares come fight time will be current Team Thomas Fight Club champion Kisuke Urahara. The native of the Land of the Rising Sun has had a fairytale rise from obscurity which has not been given the press coverage that it truly deserves. He was a 9-9-2 ITFL loser who looked to be going nowhere. One breakthrough knockout victory lead him on a wonderful streak that saw him win the eight out of nine, This fanciful run has catapulted him onto the world stage. A classic example of a fighter maturing a little later than others and rewarding those who patiently believed in his abilities.

Still it is a tough ask to expect Urahara to step straight into the main event of the world’d biggest organisation and perform to the best of his abilities. Surely this is something that Palhares will look to capitalise on early if he gets the chance.

Assuming that both men are on top of their game then calling a winner is a tough prospect, although there has been a late swell of support for Urahara. There are various reasons for this swing that has come so very late in the markets. Certainly youth is one big factor that has been jumped on. As is the Japanese fighters big win streak which appears to have gone unnoticed until relatively recently. Yet this line of thinking totally discounts Palhares’s greater experience against world class opposition. It seems blithe at best to so nonchalantly dismiss such a big advantage.

Of course both fighters will be completely oblivious to such talk. There mission will be to execute their plan to the detriment of the other. It will be fascinating to see how it all pans out.

Prediction: Urahara - Unanimous Decision

Co-Main Event

Heavyweight Division

“The Emperor” Genghis Khan (23-8-0) vs. “Riverside Retribution” Vinny Vigilante (14-2-0)

If recent patterns maintain their shape, “The Emperor” Genghis Khan is a dead cert to win this co-main event. He has alternated wins and losses in his past eight fights in fights as he has clashed with many of the biggest names to frequent Syn. Hoping to buck the trend will be “Riverside Retribution” Vinny Vigilante. He broke a similar streak in his last fight and will very much enjoy doing the same for Khan.

The fight itself could be considered the ultimate bait to attract fair weather fans. These are two huge gentleman who don’t know how to have boring fights. The his emphasised by the fact that they have only been in 3 decisions in a combined 47 outings. Their high win percentage also shows that they have granite chins that can stand up to the pain dished out by the giants of the heavyweight division. Most probably, one of these men will be unconscious before the night is out but we are surely promised several minutes of absolute brutality before that.

Prediction: Khan - 2nd round stoppage

Main Card

Featherweight Division

Luis Carlos Linhares (23-8-1) vs. “The Justice” Mitch Heisenberg (41-16-1)

“The Justice” Mitch Heisenberg was one of the true innovators of the featherweight division but even he may not have come across anyone as unorthodox as Luis Carlos Linhares before.

Originating from Sao Paulo, Linhares’s has lead the charge of karate and judo converts who have successfully made the transition to MMA. His side kicks to the thigh and torso have been the most publicly discussed aspect of his attack, but the whole way he holds himself is different to the considered norm. “The Justice” is not expected to be perturbed by the unique nature of the challenge that faces him. Yet many do question where he has the ability left at his advanced age to get the victory. Confidence will surely be on Linhares’s side when the two touch gloves.

Prediction: Linhares - Unanimous Decision

Featherweight Division

Ryan O’Reilly (15-7-0) vs. Nate “The Hybrid” Kyzer (33-6-1)

After a phenomenal career in Canada, Nate “The Hybrid” Kyzer finally makes his debut on American soil. He will face the serious submission threat of the scarily persistent Ryan O’Reilly.

Overwhelming tension could be the story of this fight. Both know that the other is almost impossible to stop within the allotted time. In fact, Kyzer has never been knocked out or submitted in his entire career. There is a real danger that this could lead to a very negative fight as a favourable perception could be as important as looking for the finish. Hopefully more positive attitudes will prevail but the judges are likely to have their say regardless.

Prediction: Kyzer - Unanimous Decision

Lightweight Division

Julio Quintana (19-6-2) vs. Numero Cero (29-14-1)

National pride will be on the line when Cuban Julio Quintana goes to war with Bahaman Numero Cero. These two islands, just off the Florida Keys, are equally proud of their independence but have radically different political structures. Therefore a certain amount of unfortunate meaning has been attached to this fight. Whichever camp has shielded their fighter best from the unwanted pressure is likely to come out with his hand held high. It just feels like that man might be Cero if the prematch build up is any guide.

Prediction: Cero - 1st round stoppage

Undercard

Welterweight Division

“Colonel” Tom Ryan (17-6-0) vs. Yang Tao (35-14-0)

Ryan is in desperate need of a win. He has lost three out of his last four and he has been outworked by superior fighters each time. Former champion Yang Tao is going to be no less of a challenge but he is also a great opportunity to prove that the “Colonel” truly belongs.

Prediction: Ryan - 3rd stoppage

Lightweight Division

Krill “Anakonda” Petrov (35-23-0) vs. Trang “Bang” Troc (30-18-0)

These elder statesman of Syn’s lightweight division are always guaranteed to put on a great show. Troc is the heavy favourite simply because he is so hard to hurt but that doesn’t mean Petrov cannot pull of the surprise. He does have previous.

Prediction: Troc - 2nd round stoppage

Bantamweight Championship

“The Degenerate Gambler” Bad Idea (30-16-1) vs. Charles “The Hammer” Martel (53-18-1)

After an incredible career that started when Jiguro Kane was still in his pomp, Charles “The Hammer” Martel gets a shot at the Syn bantamweight crown. Considered to be the great man’s retirement party, Idea will surely toy with his opponent for a while before putting him away. Still it is great to see the great old fighter have the chance to retire with the gold.

Prediction: Idea: 1st round stoppage

Middleweight Division

Gareth McCall (17-10-0) vs. Edward Gamer (30-16-0)

Gareth McCall gets another chance to show the Syn audience what he can do after a false start in his first outing. The experienced gatekeeper Edward Gamer will be an ideal test to see if he is really good enough to compete.

Prediction: McCall - Split Decision

Lightweight Division

Kamil Burczynski (14-9-0) vs. Michael “Nuts Of Wonder” Patton (48-19-2)

After a high profile camp change, Michael Patton has struggled to return to the form that won him the Syn title. Camille Burczynski will see this as a great opportunity to raise his profile but may get being walking into a buzzsaw.

Prediction: Patton - 3rd round stoppage

• Upvote 1

I have decided that I won't wait until Martel's next fight. I want to stay active. My manager contacted the org owner and told him I was interested in dropping down to 135lbs to fight the champ. A few hours later, both me and the 135lbs champ signed the contract and we are set to collide on 2015-02-28.

I'm rooting for you Martel in your title fight, so that we can face eachother in a champion vs champion superfight. Don't let me down man. Win that belt and then hand it over to me after I manhandled you in our fight.

"Add another World Title to my already impressive mantel. Huge respect to Bad Idea, that guy comes to scrap each and every time. The eight rounds we've spent together inside the SYN cage have proven to be some of the funnest rounds I've ever competed in. I guess being that we currently have no BW contenders this fool Virgil might get his wish and come challenge me for this shiny new belt. That's going to depend on what plans SYN has and him getting a win in the upcoming fight he mentioned this week. Thanks to SYN management for this shot at another one of their titles, and for those who think I'm planning on retiring, you've got another fucking thing coming. I'm just getting started, on the round to 100!"

C. Martel

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1423663443image.jpg

Synchronicity is facing an invasion of former Conflict fighters at Syn 340 - Destination:Pain! Each newcomer will be desperate to prove their worth in the world’s biggest fight organisation, so it promises to be an exciting card.

The coup de maitre of the night is the featherweight title contest that features two of the most exciting small fighters on the planet. No doubt their war will be headline grabbing

Main Event

Featherweight Championship

Bartek Pietrzak (27-9-0) © vs. Naru “Käsi” Jarkko (38-16-0)

For the first time in well over a decade, Naru “Käsi” Jarkko drops down to the featherweight division and is immediately rewarded with a shot at the illustrious Syn 145 pound title. This is a surprising move for the Fin who has steadfastly remained at lightweight despite his known ability to make the lower weight category. His two high profile championship runs in Syn and Heroic suggests he, or at least his management team, knew what they were doing.

Several high profile bloggers have openly questioned Jarkko’s decision to drop down a division. Off the record, several members of his camp have also admitted that this choice is a calculated risk. The positives are clear. “Käsi” will get a chance at another title run and that will surely cement his legacy as one of the eras best small men. Historic perception is often one of the great motivators of agains fighters. However no one can be sure how Jarkko will react to the extra weight cut and a loss damages his future prospects in either division. This is a massive gamble for him but one that is completely understandable.

The champion Bartek Pietrzak is no stranger to fighting at different weights but the general consensus would conclude that he is most potent at featherweight. In fact, it would not be inappropriate to say that he is at his zenith right now.

Unquestionably Pietrzak’s last fight was a career definer as he recaptured the featherweight championship and finally defeated his perennial tormentor Bucky The Badger in one fell swoop. His previous two meetings with long-time featherweight champion had ended in demoralising frustration. So to gain a submission, which was the only definitive finish in more than an hour the pair had shared in the cage, meant far more than simply reclaiming the gold. It was dispelling the hoodoo that could have potentially tarnished Pietrzak’s entire career. The weight of emotion was plain to see as the Pol was re-crowned and even the most masculine of observers would have struggled to keep a lump from their throat.

That historic moment is now in the past and it is essential that Pietrzak moves on to the new challenge of the equally dangerous Jarkko.

Separating these warriors skill wise is a difficult task. Both are comfortable in all facets of the fight game and will be confident in their own abilities wherever the battle might end up. A minority of onlookers wonder if Jarkko will have the better of the stand up due to his greater length, but most have dismissed this. There is one undeniable likelihood about this contest though. Namely, that the winner will be decided by the judges. Remarkably, these two have had to endure the wait for the scorecard on fifty separate occasions. Believing this contest will end any differently is either naivety or glorious optimism.

Saying that, no one is likely to be bored as these all-action fighters will do everything in their power to come out on top. Predicting who that man is baffling.

Prediction: Pietrzak - Unanimous Decision

Co-Main Event

Evgenily Malkin (23-9-3) vs. Ambrogio Ballestrazzi (20-11-0)

Power-puncher Ambrogio Ballestrazzi reinvigorated his career at the now defunct Conflict organisation and walked away as their light heavyweight champion. This notoriety on the world stage has lead to a lucrative contract with Syn. Now the Italian needs to prove his metal against former champion and perennial contender Evgenily Malkin.

It’s impossible not to be impressed by the brutal manner that Ballestrazzi bludgeoned his way through the final days of Conflict. You would be hard pressed to call him an artisan of the striking game but everything he throws has a devilish intent. This rather beautifully juxtaposes with Malkin who is a technically superb striker but prefers to use the angles he creates to look for a takedown. In fact, Malkin’s technical knockout victory in his last fight was his first in 29 previous contests. Therefore traditional thinking rather indicates that Ballestrazzi has the advantage in the stand up game. Such reasoning may be a little hasty considering the step up in class. Yet we have all seen fighters come into the organisation and make an immediate splash so these thoughts are not without merit.

Expectations are rather more clear if and when the fight hits the floor. Malkin has this unerring ability to find the submission when the chance presents itself, and this is rather enhanced by his uncanny ability to end up in a dominant situation in a scramble. Ballestrazzi will know that any mistake is going to be punished. If he can get that type of negative thinking out of his head before the fight, he will have a much better chance of picking up the victory.

Prediction: Malkin - 2nd round stoppage

Main Card

Welterweight Division

“Thor” Eiji Kawashima (37-11-0) vs. “Riverting” Ricky Rocker (18-6-0)

Another fighter looking to make a splash on his Syn debut is “Riverting” Ricky Rocker. The final Conflict welterweight champion has a great opportunity to make a name for himself against the plausibly immortal “Thor” Eiji Kawashima.

Kawashima is coming off another close decision victory as he continues to thumb his nose at father time. How long this Dorian Gray act can last is anyone’s guess but, as of now, he is still one of the most complete fighters at welterweight. Rocker should be profusely aware that stepping into the cage with “Thor” will be one of the stiffest tests of his career. Yet the “Riverting” one must also know that victory is a must if he is to be seen as a legitimate championship threat.

Prediction: Rocker - 3rd round stoppage

“Deadly” Fullsize Mirror (34-18-0) vs. Gabriel “The Archangel” Halo (21-10-0)

Neither “Deadly” Fullsize Mirror nor Gabriel “The Archangel” Halo like leaving their fights in the hands of the judges. This desire to find a conclusive result has endeared them to fans across the world. Rather unusually, these two also share a common bond as they have become more aggressive in their quest for the finish as their career has progressed. This bucks the expected trend of fighters becoming more conservative, and some may quip ‘more fearful’, as time passes.

Bookies have stopped taking bets on this one being fight of the night, yet it would not be surprising if this one is over in the first round. Whatever happens, the audience will be the winners.

Prediction: Halo - 2nd round stoppage

Lightweight Division

“The Bounty Hunter” Jango Fett (21-9-3) vs. Martin Riggs (33-21-1)

There is something genuinely intriguing about “The Bounty Hunter” Jango Fett. He has fought in top promotions for much of his career and yet no one has a handle on who he is or what motivates him to compete. What is identifiable about Fett is his natural comfort in the cage. This should put him in good stead entering Syn for the first time.

Martin Riggs couldn’t be any different. Everyone knows that the Brit is a warrior who goes into every fight ready for a war. No doubt this is exactly his intention once again. A late surge in the markets rather implies the viewing public like Riggs for victory as well. He will certainly do his damnedest to drag Fett into a fight on his terms. How the debutant reacts will be fascinating.

Prediction: Riggs - Unanimous Decision

Undercard

Middleweight Division

Robert Beckett (23-11-0) vs. Begbie Franco (25-15-1)

Beckett will receive the honour of being the first Conflict fighter to invade Syn. Expect him to have a very tough match up against the always willing Franco. Many appear to have mentally noted down this fight as a way to ease Beckett into the limelight, but never count out the big punch potential of the Scot.

Prediction: Beckett - 2nd round stoppage

Featherweight Division

Martin Philippe Njewel (19-8-1) vs. Vladimir Kharitonov (27-13-0)

Njewel hasn’t been seen in the cage since his failed championship challenge at Syn 336. The Cameroonian striker will want to take out all his frustrations on Vladimir Kharitonov. Not that the Russian will mind as this opens up a perfect opportunity for him to show his calibre as a fighter. He may even pull of the big upset.

Prediction: Kharitonov - Unanimous Decision

Welterweight Division

Richard “Absolute” Renninger (22-10-0) vs. Musashi “Kamikaze” Kato (22-11-0)

Renninger appears to be finding his feet in Syn. His last two outings ended in impressive victories that have observers touting him as a future challenger. “Kamikaze” is another sold test for “Absolute” but anything other than a one-sided victory for the American would be a surprise.

Prediction: Renninger - 3rd round stoppage

Featherweight Division

Jim Beckett (20-9-1) vs. “Mepisukarya” Itagaki Fukuzuwa (20-9-0)

Some fighters don’t live up to the hype when they get into the meat grinder of a top organisation. Unfortunately, this is an accusation that can be levelled at Jim Beckett who has only won once in his five Syn appearances. Itagaki Fukuzuwa has been a successful low level gatekeeper for some time and could be the last death nail for Beckett if he picks up the victory.

Prediction: Fukuzuma - Unanimous Decision

Aaron “Evolution” Edwards (20-11-0) vs. “God’s Work” Jonah Sumrall (21-10-0)

The last time these two met Sumrall was comprehensively defeated by the fair busier Edwards. Surely “God’s Work” will be far more aggressive this time out or the outcome is unlikely to deviate from their last outing.

Prediction: Edwards - Unanimous Decision

• Upvote 1

"Add another World Title to my already impressive mantel. Huge respect to Bad Idea, that guy comes to scrap each and every time. The eight rounds we've spent together inside the SYN cage have proven to be some of the funnest rounds I've ever competed in. I guess being that we currently have no BW contenders this fool Virgil might get his wish and come challenge me for this shiny new belt. That's going to depend on what plans SYN has and him getting a win in the upcoming fight he mentioned this week. Thanks to SYN management for this shot at another one of their titles, and for those who think I'm planning on retiring, you've got another fucking thing coming. I'm just getting started, on the round to 100!"

C. Martel

-http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14222970711820.jpg

Congrats on winning the belt Charles. I knew you would do good in that fight. I have a title fight sceduled myself and after that I'm going after you. So don't retire yet. I'm going to make you get one more fight and I'll retire you in that fight. If you want to skrap, I'm the one. Believe me, I haven't stolen my nickname!