Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

Syn’ 311: Damocles

Hello fight fans and welcome to the Syn’ 311: Damocles talk show!

Synchronicity will be brining you the biggest and best in MMA action as the number 1 mixed-martial-arts organisation sets the standards in the Tycoon world with another stacked event coming to you from the LA Memorial Colossuseum in Los Angeles.

Fight 1: Cain Colbert (34-25-0) VS Thomas Billington (34-18-3)

Cain Colbert join Syn’ on a two-fight winning streak but has since lost four in a row and with his last two losses being straight knockouts it makes you wonder, is it time for the 38-year-old to hang up his gloves?

His opponent, Thomas “Dynamite Kid” Billington, picked up a draw in his last fight which turned out to be a very entertaining bout but the Syn’ veteran has only picked up 2 wins in his 6 fights within the organisation which is far from impressive.

Fight 2: Tony Tauno (25-18-0) VS Sergei Kharitonov (21-9-0)

Tony Tauno is on a three-fight winning streak since joining Syn’ and is slowly creeping up the heavyweight rankings, although he does have some way to go before he gets into title contention. He has knockout power behind him but his chin is also questionable with 15 of his 18 losses coming by way of TKO/KO

Kaharitonov too started his Syn’ career in impressive fashion but his last fight saw him get TKO’d in the first round in a dominant performance by K.J. Choi. He too has power but he too has a questionl

Fight 3: James Torello (14-4-0) VS Itagaki Fukuzawa (17-6-0)

Torello made his Syn’ debut in his last fight and picked up a decision loss which broke a three-fight winning streak for the 28-year-old. He’ll be coming up against a knockout artist in Fukuzawa but he has a very strong chin having never been KO/TKO’d in his career.

Fukuzawa is 2-2 in Syn’ as he started his stint here with back-to-back wins but his last two fights have seen him drop two very close split decision losses so he’ll be hoping to get back on track with a win here.

Fight 4: Charles Martel (48-16-0) VS Alphons Draclau (28-7-1)

Veteran fighter Martel is on somewhat of a roll with an impressive three-fight winning streak behind him and at the dear old age of 41-years-old this could be his last chance to get another piece of gold round his waist.

Dracalu does not have the experience that Martel has but he is on a five-fight winning streak and has youth on his side, being 6 years younger than his opponent.

Fight 5: Buddy Guy (27-6-0) VS Keijo Harkimo (20-12-0)

39-year-old guy has yet to string back-to-back wins together since 2013 and is currently 1-1 in Syn’. Over his career he has picked up a very impressive 23 TKO/KO wins in his 27 wins.

Harkimo is a fighter known for his knockouts too and his last fight saw him pick up a win in his Syn’ debut. He is the younger and the bigger of the two fighters.

Fight 6: Micky McFinnigan (22-12-0) VS Jobe Nkemakolam (36-15-0)

McFinnigan lost his debut here in Syn’ but bounced back in his last fight with an impressive first-round TKO win over Australia’s Mark Shutter. An impressive 20 of his 21 wins have come by knockout wins.

Nkemakolam is a Syn’ veteran with a record of 4-3 within the organisation but despite being gin Syn’ since 2013 he has yet to have earned himself a crack at the title. His last fight saw him get KO’d by #1 contender Genghis Kahn.

Fight 7: Christian Nolan (24-10-0) VS Autumn Hunter (25-10-1)

Former Syn’ light-hevayweight champion Christian Nolan challenged for his title back in his last fight but lost out in a decision majority victory to reigning champion Brick Tires. He’ll be hoping to string more wins together to get another shot at the title.

Hunter has too challenged for the Syn’ title but he was unsuccessful in his attempts. In his last fight he bounced back from back-to-back losses to pick up a decision win.

Fight 8: Ben Dobson (17-8-0) VS Codi Gale (32-14-0)

Dobson will be coming into this fight with a huge experience disadvantage but he is on back-to-back wins and picked up a unanimous decision win in his Syn’ debut.

Gale has a wealth of experience behind him but his is coming off the back off back-to-back losses, although they were to very credible opponents including a loss to current P4P #1 Dustin Douglas.

Co Main Event: Matt Miller (36-11-1) VS Bad Idea (28-12-1) – Featherweight Title Fight

The co-main event of the night will see Matt Miller look to defend his featherweight title for the sixth time against challenger Bad Idea.

Matt has defended his title an amazing six times but his last three-fight haven’t taken place in Syn’ and his last fight saw him drop a unanimous decision loss and break a four-fight winning streak.

His challenger Bad Idea is on a four-fight winning streak since joining Syn’ with four decision victories and he’ll be looking to go home with that title around his waiste.

Main Event: Genghis Khan (20-4-0) VS Leighton Matias (29-15-0)

Genghis Khan is currently the #1 heavyweight contender in Syn’ and is on a two fight winning streak. He has once held the Syn’ belt but his reign as champion didn’t last long as he lost it in his first defence to current champion Brick Tires.

Matias broke a five-fight winning streak with a loss in his last fight so he’ll be looking to bounce back in what’s going to be a thrilling encounter.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah fair enough I was surprised by the takedowns to be honest and it definitely had an impact on the outcome of the fight. The stand up was pretty close though Tiyaro won the first round without a takedown. So it will be an interesting rematch for sure.

lol, I did better with my retard sliders. No doubt about that one. Good job Davy.

Bennet is now officially retired, the chin is gone and the injury decline is too steep to continue fighting.

Thanks man, both fights were pretty stressful for me. After the last fight I still wasn't really sure if Fietsora was a real deal or if I just got lucky. If it makes you feel any better, Fietsora has shown Heavy Handed in the TOTT so it's not only Bennets chin to blame. Anyways, Bennet was the biggest challenge of my entire time so far here at MMATycoon so it was an honor to fight him.

Thanks man, both fights were pretty stressful for me. After the last fight I still wasn't really sure if Fietsora was a real deal or if I just got lucky. If it makes you feel any better, Fietsora has shown Heavy Handed in the TOTT so it's not only Bennets chin to blame. Anyways, Bennet was the biggest challenge of my entire time so far here at MMATycoon so it was an honor to fight him.

I know the nervous feeling. I had it every fight when he was unbeaten and going for #1. I knew his chin was shit and his iq is 82. So he was always very vulnerable to be finished at anytime. He's been in injury decline since he turned 26 and now everyone goes for the chin. It was a race against time to get him to #1 before he fell apart and I seriously considered retiring him after he beat Womba but I kind of felt it would be a dick move. He'll go down as my second best fighter behind McDermot.

• 4 weeks later...

Syn’ 316 : The Drunken Journalist pt.1

By Gregory Spatt (Written in character.)

The road to sobriety is filled with boobs and weed. Well, perhaps that’s a tad bit of a contradiction, but what my shrink don’t know, won’t hurt ‘em. Baby steps. To be honest, I’m not sure what the point of being sober is. After all, I’m a journalist for mixed martial arts, a sport that prospers on drugs, alcohol, sex, and violence. I’ll let you all on a little secret. Perhaps, this is the very reason for my drunkenness. Hot women don’t bang nerdy journalists. But give me a few shots of whiskey and I’ll put my glasses in my shirt pocket and whisper some poetry in a pretty girl’s ear. If that don’t work, I’ll move on to that hefty girl at the end of the bar.

My shrink says I’m supposed to start working again. He says it’s been a sufficient amount of time since the incident. Perhaps he’s right. The intent was to start slow. Maybe cover a small indy organization, get some blow, and call it a success. But then, my agent called and put an opportunity to cover a Synchronicity event. Apparently the normal guy went missing, but really I wasn’t listening to closely. All that I could see was the bright lights and the dollar bills.

So what the hell. Let’s get down to it. I’d like to apologize in advance for anything I might say. I’m blazed and my dealer gave me some schwag. Blame him for me not covering much of the undercard.

Vangelis Kokkalis v Nino Blaze

I imagine that the opening fight is usually a tough one to fight in. The fans are out buying beer or still trying to find parking. But these two will have the task of starting Syn’ 316 with a bang. Kokkalis has an impressive record and is entering his first fight in Syn’. There’s a rumor going around that Kokkalis and his former manager had a falling out. Regardless, I heard that Baby Face McGee knows a thing or two about the fight game. Hopefully that will help Kokkalis as he steps into the big leagues. After all, Nino Blaze is no stranger to the Syn’ arena. Blaze wants to rebound after getting stopped by K.J. Choi and he’s the favorite going into this bout.

Prediction: I’m going with the newer face who has a name that sounds like female and male genitalia put together. Vangelis Kokkalis by TKO in Round 3.

Peter Cabreros v Keke Pummel

Peter Cabreros is a long time GAMMA fighter making his debut in Syn’ against Keke Pummel. He’s coming off two losses, but the film on his is impressive. I didn’t get through all of his fights because, well, he’s fought 70 times. I’m no doctor, but punch me in the head 70 times and I’ll be using pick-up lines on my dog. I guess that’s why I’m not lacing up the gloves. Keke “Hammer” Pummel is my type of fighter and he knows how to throw some crisp punches. My facebook newsfeed keeps showing Keke’s uppercut on Mr. Bronze to hype up the upcoming fight. Don’t say that Syn’ doesn’t know how to market an undercard. Watch that knockout a few times and you’ll be tuning in early to see what happens in this fight.

Prediction: Keke Pummel by KO in round one.

Makao Matsumoto v Michael Corleone

Matsumoto is a versatile fighter than can submit you or knock you out. Matsumoto had put together a beautiful submission of Degen Gambler in 26 seconds at Syn’ 313. You finish a talented fighter like Gambler in less than a minute and you’re sure to get some booty knocking at your door. Michael Corleone, on the other hand, is not going to go for any submissions, but he will throw blows with bad intentions. This is what we call a pick ‘em fight. In these, I typically take a bong rip and see what my enlightened mind goes with.

Prediction: Going with the more well-rounded Makao Matsumoto by Split Decision.

James Mayer De Rothschild v. Bucky the Badger

Rothschild is the owner of one of the longest names in MMA. It’s a good thing he is pretty good, too. He sports a record of 6-2-1 in Syn’ and is set to face another fighter with a smooth name in Syn’, Bucky the Badger. In my book, Bucky deserved an immediate rematch after his title shot at 155 lb. at Syn’ 305. It must be a touchy subject because Bucky did later go on to beat Michael Patton, but that was after Patton had already lost the belt to Derek Riggs. Since overcoming Patton, Bucky dropped back down to 145 and came up short against the new 145 lb. champ, Mitch Heisenberg. I think Bucky is the more talented of the two fighters in this matchup so I’m going with him. If I’m lucky, maybe we’ll see a rare finish in the 145 lb. division.

Prediction: Bucky the Badger by Decision.

Aoki Funkyama v Jan Zelenka

Funkyama is a relatively new face in Syn’ but he does come in as the last OFC Welterweight champion. Even though he is competing in the Lightweight division in Syn’, Funkyama is no stranger to the weight. For the average fan, just know that Funkyama has some serious jiu jitsu and really went for the submission finish against Michel Rodalgo in Syn’ 313. Watching that fight made me tired so I can only imagine how much those submission attempts took out of him. Maybe this time around, he’ll use a more measured pace. A lot of people think this match is tailor made to see if Funkyama can rebound and make a name for himself in Syn’. Zelenka, on the other hand, is a frustrating fighter for manager, Ruphus Duphus. Zelenka was very successful early on, turning heads of the hardcore fight fans. Heck, he was damn good at the top level orgs, Syn’ included. But something happened in 2014 and Zelenka has since gone 1-4-1. I think Jan Zelenka will have done his homework and know what to expect from Funkyama.

Prediction: Jan Zelenka by Unanimous Decision.

Jake Lamotta v Charles Martel

The fans love a good rematch and this is a good one. At one time, not too long ago, Jake Lamotta was the Syn’ Featherweight Champion after defeating Buzz Cloltran by unanimous decision. In his first defense, Lamotta would take on and defeat Charles Martel by unanimous decision. What many people forget is that a minute into their first fight, Martel rocked Lamotta and was damn close to becoming the champ at 135 lbs. Now, after some time, the two have signed up to do it again. Martel, the former Syn’ Lightweight champ, has been on quite the streak. Neither guy is a spring chicken, but the fans are getting a treat at this stage of the fight card. At present, Lamotta is under new management. Will the result be the same?

Prediction: My drunk self has my money on Charles Martel, even though he still, at age 41, looks like a backup singer in a boy band. Charles Martel by Split Decision.

Lightweight Title: Derek Riggs © v. Michel Rodalgo (Lightweight Title)

You know, life can be funny. On my second day in rehab, I caught the second fight between Riggs and Patton. As a fan, I never understood why Bucky didn’t get the first rematch over Riggs, so there I was cussing at the screen. You know, fitting in with the rest of the crazies. But man, watching Riggs take Patton to the ground and maul him to capture the Syn Lightweight belt was pretty impressive. That event, Syn ‘308, made me a believer in “the Artist.” I dig fighters who finish fights and that’s what Riggs does. It may not always be the highlight reel stuff, but you have to admire the determination of the champ. Then came the booking of the Jarkko v. Riggs fight in Heroic for Jarkko’s belt. That was the day I got out of rehab and what did I do? Straight to the pub and got nice and liquored up. At the bar, the fight just so happened to be playing. Problem for me is that I drank too much and broke the seal. I went to the bathroom at the start of round one, figuring this fight would last a bit. I came out and missed the damn finish. I caught the replay, but that’s about as good as a fleshlight. It’s convenient, but not like the real live thing. Riggs landed a nice takedown and was landing some good blows until he got caught with an arm bar and was forced to tap. But hey, that’s why Jarkko is the current number one ranked lightweight in the world and that’s why you pee in between rounds. So now Riggs will return to Syn’ to defend his belt for the first time against Michel Rodalgo.

Whenever I watch Rodalgo fight, I always wonder why his parents just didn’t name him Michael. To be honest, I spelled his name Michael on this first draft. But that’s neither here nor there, ‘cus Rodalgo has been on a roll in Syn’ as of late. The odd thing about him is that he’s fought in all sorts of weight classes and organizations, but has never captured a title. Well, if you’re going to win your first belt, you might as well make it the top strap in the world. And Rodalgo does have the momentum going into this fight. Rodalgo’s last outing was an impressive submission of Aoki Funkyama. He will be hoping to repeat that performance to become the lightweight champ. I don’t think he manages to do it, though.

Prediction: Riggs by TKO in the fourth.

"Bow-Tie” Scotty Bennet v. Aloysius Martin "Lou" Thesz

Mr. Bow-Tie, Scotty Bennet is a heck of a fighter and former pound for pound king. He’s probably best known for stopping the win-streak of Smokudju Womba to win the Evo Light-Heavyweight belt. Bennet has been on a bit of a rough patch, losing to Tiyaro Feitsora twice. I know some women were pretty upset with the way Bennet was finished in his last bout by Feitsora. Bennet looks recovered from those two outings and his confidence seems back on par. Anyway, Feitsora is no slouch, even though he just suffered a pretty brutal KO at the hands of the champ, Devin Styles. Can’t really fault Tiyaro. That overhand right would have knocked out 90% of the 205 pound division. That late punch though, after Tiyaro was already out, will be talked about for a bit. But that’s why I like Styles. Anyway, I digress. Bennet is a stud and he desperately needs a win here. I expect to see him at top form against Aloysius Martin "Lou" Thesz.

The thing is, Thesz is going to have a lot of motivation coming into this fight. He’s the underdog, at least in my book, and he seems excited for this bout. If he wins, this puts him a step closer into the title shot conversation. Both men will likely need to string together a win or two more before that happens, but this is a really big fight for Thesz. I wish him the best.

Prediction: Scotty Bennet by TKO in the second.

K.J. Choi v. Keijo Harkimo

The fans always dig a heavyweight scrap. This is one of only two big boy fights on the cards and I’m guessing it won’t go to the scorecards. This is the kind of fight the fortunate drunk fans in the arena have been holding their pee breaks for. Keijo has good hands and he’s on a three fight win streak in Syn’. In his last outing, Keijo outclassed Mickey McFinnigan before putting McFinnigan away with a hook in the first round. K.J. Choi is the smaller man, but he has some serious power. In his last bout, Choi landed two beautiful head kicks that spelled the end for his opponent Ben Dobson. One of these guys is going to have his winning streak broken and those watching are going to get a brutal treat. Will the winner get a crack at Brick Tires? I like Harkimo in this one because he looks like a friend of mine from university days. That guy could smoke a ton of weed and still converse with his mother on the phone about the latest in politics. He was a weird dude, but I oddly envied him.

Prediction: Keijo Harkimo by KO in Round 1.

Main Event: Yang Tao v Gary Player

This is a fight that the fans are buzzing about and the matchup was only confirmed less than 12 hours ago. The former Welterweight Champ, Yang Tao is looking to get back in title contention after losing his belt to Sergiy Skylar at Syn’ 310. He’ll have to face the current Ascension Welterweight Champ and winner of four straight, Gary Player. If he can overcome Player, then we’re likely going to see Tao v. Skylar III sooner than later. However, Gary Player is a powerful fighter and has yet to be finished in his career. If you don’t know Gary Player, you should catch his last KO victory over Johnny Fantastic. Who doesn’t like a head kick KO? My gut says that he won’t be finished this time around either. This fight really comes down to whether you like power or a technical skill. For me, I’m always going to lean towards the one with more power.

Prediction: Gary Player wins his Syn’ Debut by Split Decision.

• Upvote 1

Syn 317 - Lightweights Collide PREVIEW

Coming off of the successful Syn 316 event (91863 in attendance), we now move on to Syn 317 - Lightweights collide. The event is filled with a number of great matches, featuring the main event of the evening, Naru "Käsi" Jarkko vs "The Spanish Assassin" Michel Rodalgo. We've got a lot to discuss so let's get this over with.

"The Experiment" Sven S Svensson (23-15-1) vs Peppu Reiska "GQ" MacDonald (29-16-0)

The first match of the night starts off with the debut match of two uniquely named fighters, Svensson and Macdonald. Svensson's last match was all out and ended with a draw while Macdonald now has a 2 fight losing streak and he looks to end it with Svensson. Svensson has never been KO'd or subbed, very impressive for someone with 39 fights already so Macdonald will really need to give his best if he wants to finish this rock solid Svensson. Svensson is clearly the better standup fighter and Macdonald is better in the ground.

Prediction: Svensson by decision

Alexander Lansing (19-13-2) vs Rico "El Chupacabra" Dominguez (25-15-3)

The next match features two familiar faces in Synchronicity, Lansing and Dominguez. Lansing and Dominguez seem to be on a slump since Lansing lost 3 of his 5 matches and Dominguez lost 4 of his last 5 matches. This match can either wake them up, or put them lower. Lansing is more well rounded with 6 TKOs 5 Subs and 8 Decisions while Dominguez might beat him if they keep the fight standing with 14 TKOs out of 25 wins. However, the key point here is Lansing has never been knocked out, he's got a damn hard chin right there.

Prediction: Dominguez by decision

Julio Quintana (16-5-1) vs Kirill "anakónda" Petrov (33-21-0)

This match is a battle of 2 fighters from the HEROIC fight org. Age difference? Quite large. Skill difference? Nah. Quintana who started off with an impressive record early in his career now lost 3 of his last 4 matches

while the older Petrov is looking to bring back the spark in his game by winning 5 of his last 6. The two fighters are almost evenly matched since Quintana is a stand up fighter while Petrov is a ground specialist with 17 submissions in his 33 matches. Will Quintana be able to remain standing up or will Petrov be able to give Quintana his first tap out?

Prediction: Petrov by submission

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan (23-13-0) vs Thomas "Dynamite Kid" Billington (36-18-3)

Familiar faces again ladies and gentlemen! McFinnigan has won 2 of his 4 matches in the org while the older Billington has a record of 4-3-1 in Synchronicity. The key for McFinnigan is his outstanding KO power with numerous first round KOs, having 22 KOs out of his 23 wins, however, Billington cannot be disregarded that easily since he's only been knocked out twice in his career, and he has 21 TKOs out of his 36 wins. We can expect the fight to remain standing and it will be an all out war.

Prediction: McFinnigan by TKO

"Gods Spear" Ansgar Axelsson (24-9-1) vs "Storm" Antonio Carlos Ferreira (23-7-0)

The fifth match features the Syn newcomer Axelsson fighting Ferreira, whose won 2 out of 3 matches in Synchronicity. These two fighters are excellent standup fighters so we can expect another all out standup match between them.Axelsson and Ferreira seem to fight a brawl since they only lost to decisions twice and once respectively. Who will be able to outsrike the other and make the other's TKO loss to 6?

Prediction: Axelsson by TKO

Codi Gale (33-15-0) vs Sergei "El Fenómeno" Kharitonov (23-9-0)

We now move on to the 6th match, a match between Gale and Kharitonov. Gale will be on his 15th match in Synchronicity, with a record of 7-7, losing 3 of his last 4 matches, while his opponent Kharitonov has a record of 5-2 in Synchronicity. Gale looks to end the match standing up as he is an elite in 3 disciplines (Box, MT, Wrestling), but Sergei, who can either fight on the ground or stand up can mix it up and win. Key elements, standup for both fighters. Ground defense for Gale and Ground offense for Kharitonov.

Prediction: Kharitonov by decision

Shawn Kronburger (40-21-0) vs "RZA" Bobby Digital (16-4-0)

Next up, we have a match between one of the top ranked welterweights in Synchronicity. Kronburger joined Syn in 2013 and left for GAMMA in mid 2014 to join the Tycoon Olympics. He was eliminated in the 2nd round. He went back to Syn and had an immediate title shot against the champion Sklyar in Syn 314 but lost by unanimous decision. Meanwhile, Digital, who is making his Syn debut will look to climb up the ladder as he won 4 of his last 5 matches, going the distance 4 times in that feat. A win in this match can increase each fighter's chance of getting a shot at the welterweight championship.

Prediction: Digital by TKO

Leighton Matias (30-16-0) vs Blood Bane (22-11-0)

We now move on to the second Heavyweight bout of the night, featuring two Knockout artists, Bane and Matias. If you want a brawl, then you really must see this clash of giants. Matias with impressive sharpness and power in his punches has knocked out a number of fighters due to cuts. He also had a 5 win streak where he one by TKO (cut), ending 4 of the 5 matches in the first round (DAMN!). Bane on the other hand, has defeated 22 opponents, each win by knockout (DAMN!). Both fighters also lost more than 10 times in their career, and most of their losses have come by knockout. Matias' last 9 fights ended with a KO. In Bane's career, he just had 2 fights that did not end in a knockout. Come on big men, give as a brawl, give us a KO!!!

Prediction: Matias by 1st round TKO

Gonna "Get" Spanked (24-7-0) vs "Witcher" Alexei Surov (34-13-0)

We are now on the last fight before we enter into the main event! We have a great matchup, where two of the top 5 middleweights will clash. Two champions will fight head on carrying their own streaks Spanked with 7 and Surov with 4. It is almost a title match, just without the title. Surov shifts weight from 170 to 185 often times, and has won titles in both classes currently the 170 lbs champ of SPNY. Spanked on the other hand, is a pure blooded middleweight, currently the 185 lbs SPFT champ, Let's see if he can take advantage of sticking to 1 weight class. Skillwise, Spanked has an advantage in the standup, but Surov can surely capitalize once he gets on the ground. This is truly an exciting matchup. The one who gets to his dominant position and stick to it will get the most awaited win.

Prediction: Spanked by decision

MAIN EVENT

"The Spanish Assassin" Michel Rodalgo (30-16-1) vs Naru "Käsi" Jarkko (34-13-0)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/2/2w4.jpg VShttp://mmatycoon.com/gallery/3/3b16.jpg

Here we are now at the match we have all been waiting for. IT IS THE MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING! It's the match where LIGHTWEIGHTS COLLIDE! Two Champions, 1 match, 1 title. Current SPFT lightweight champion Jarkko, ranked 18 P4P will try to take the belt from Rodalgo, the current Syn lightweight champion and ranked 76 P4P. Jarkko is the top ranked Lightweight and Rodalgo is ranked 7. This is an instant match of the night! Rodalgo has an advantage in a standup battle but in the ground, who knows what will happen. Both fighters with TKOs, subs, and decisions. A sign of versatility. A sign that says anything can happen in this match. We can expect strategic styles as to who can get the takedown and take control of the game. Bottomline is, this is a match to see.

Prediction: Jarkko by decision

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/31/31w24.jpg

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan

(116595)-''Hey BITCH Bane,I am gonna expliot your ability to CUT like a LIL BITCH when touched. I am the knife and your butter.I'll cut you up at so many places that you will run out of numbers while counting your cuts.''

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/39/39w27.jpg

Sergei "El Fenómeno" Kharitonov (140402)-Hey "Gods Spear" Ansgar Axelsson,I am Knocking your Swedish ass to the ground soon.You will have the chance to meet your god after my right hook sends you to sleep.zzzzzz Your God will come in your dreams.lmao''

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ladies and gentlemen, I am back to the writing business. It's been a while. In the upcoming event, we feature preliminary matches fought by fighters ranked in the high hundreds different weight classes. These fighters are slowly climbing the ladder and we sure could expect a great match out of these passionate fighters. The event's main attraction is the match between Naru Jarkko and Henrik Torhammer, who are ranked 1st and 2nd in the lightweight division respectively. It is backed up by a heavyweight title match between the champion Brick Tires and Keijo Harkimo. What a great card we have here.

On to the discussion:

PRELIMINARY MATCHES

Bantamweight bout

Knuckle "Pummel" Stone (27-20-2) vs Alphons "The Cardinal" Draclau (28-10-1)

Prediction: Draclau by decision

Featherweight bout

Silik "The Gash" Hunt (30-24-0) vs Will "The Beast" Banks (34-23-1)

Prediction: Hunt by decision

Lightweight bout

Hans Edgar (22-10-0) vs "The Experiment" Sven S Svensson (24-15-1)

Prediction: Hans edgar by 2nd round TKO

Featherweight bout

Charles "The Hammer" Martel (50-18-0) vs "mēpisukaryā" Itagaki Fukuzawa (18-7-0)

Prediction: Martel by decision

Welterweight bout

"The Underestimated" Michael Ehrmantraut (18-10-0) vs Shawn Kronburger (40-22-0)

Prediction: Ehrmantraut by 2nd round TKO

MAIN CARD

Lightweight bout

Martin Riggs (30-20-0) vs Julio Quintana (17-5-1)

In this match, Martin Riggs enters with 2 consecutive title losses against Naru Jarkko (SPFT) and Michel Rodalgo (Syn). He will face Julio Quintana, who is currently on an impressive 17-5-1. Riggs and Quintana are both well rounded fighters who can fight standing or in the ground. However, I expect this match to be mostly standing up. Will Riggs' experience be enough to beat the rising star Quintana?

Prediction: Quintana by decision

Heavyweight bout

Ben Dobson (19-9-0) vs "The Dominator" Trent Pope (41-17-0)

This is another match between 2 generations. The young Dobson (29) will face the veteran Pope (38). Pope already has 58 matches in his career, quite a number. Dobson, with less than half of the matches Pope has fought, will try to use his impressive KO power, knocking out 17 out of the 19 opponents he defeated. Pope's hands cannot be disregarded too as he has knocked 32 opponents as well. Dobson has won 3 of his 4 Syn matches while Pope will be making his Syn debut. Once again, youth or experience?

Prediction: Pope by 2nd round TKO

Heavyweight bout

Dmitry "Edge" Borschev (20-7-0) vs "The Emperor" Genghis Khan (21-6-0)

The next match is a clash of the knockout giants. Borschev, knocked out 17 opponents in his 20 wins, while Khan has knocked out all of the opponents he defeated except Irving Brown, who is now the NGF heavyweight champ. Borschev has shown impressive chin and determination, as he was only finished once in his career. Let's see if he can capitialize on that. We can expect an all out brawl in this one and the winner will be another step closer to their most awaited title match for the Syn Heavyweight Championship.

Prediction: Borschev by 1st round TKO

CO-MAIN EVENT

Syn Heavyweight Championship

Brick "No Air" Tires (23-7-1) Keijo Harkimo (24-12-0)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/43/43b9.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13969152786531.png

We now move on to the Co-Main event of the night! It is the Synchronicty heavyweight championship match between the Syn Heavyweight champion Brick Tires (2nd in heavyweights, 7 P4P) against the challenger (12th in heavyweights, 54 P4P). This is truly a high profile match as these fighters are the top 2 heavyweights currently signed by Synchronicity. Brick Tires is indeed the popular choice due to his rankings and his win against John Hess, but disregarding Harkimo will be a mistake. Harkimo has won 13 of his last 15 matches, and these fights are all in competitive organizations, not to mention he is still undefeated in Syn. Both fighters are stand up specialists so we can expect a brawl in this one. It's always nice to see giants puch the hell out of each other. Our tickets will surely not go to waste in this one.

Prediction: Tires by 1st round TKO

Lightweight Bout

Naru "Käsi" Jarkko (35-13-0) "The Hellraiser" Henrik Torhammer (20-8-0)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/3/3b16.jpg vs http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41w16.jpg

And now, the fight we have all been waiting for. Another clash of champions! Jarkko, is currently the top ranked lightweight and Torhammer is just right below the no1 spot. What more can you ask for? Jarkko comes fresh from a championship win against Michel Rodalgo, gaining the Syn lightweight championship. He now holds 2 titles, namely the Syn and SPFT lightweight championships. Jarkko, a ground specialist (elite wrestling, brown belt BJJ), will try to use his elite wrestling to outmatch the black belt Torhammer in the ground. Torhammer has quite the advantage in the standup battle as he has refined his boxing and muaythai through the years. Jarkko has won 11 of his last 12 matches, currently on a 4 fight win streak. Torhammer on the other hand has won 10 of his last 11 matches, now on a 7 fight win streak. In my opinion, Jarkko is at a disadvantage but let's see if he will find a way. A great matchup to see ladies and gentlemen.

Prediction: Jarkko by decision

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/10/10w18.jpg

"THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze

(70417)-Hey Eiji Kawashima,I am gonna make you familiar with words like Pain,misery and suffering on 15th oct.See ya soon Sucker.

• Upvote 1

Syn 322: Curtain Call

Preview

We come off after another big successful event of Synchronicity, Syn 321 where Brick Tires remains the Heavyweight Champion by a brutal first round domination. The attendance was an outstanding 92593, garnering a rating of 1,003. With its continuous success, we are now ranked 1st worldwide and we hope to continue this feat as we enter the next event on Wednesday. On Oct. 15 2014, we will have Syn 321: Curtain Call on a weekday night. Even though no title match has been called, the card is still full of exciting matches featuring the top ranked middleweights Dragon Slayer (1st) and Tweedle Dee (7th). This night will increase each winners' chances of climbing the competition ladder and their shot at the titles.

Moving on, here is the full fight preview for the card.

PRELIMINARY MATCHES

Lightweight bout

Kamil Burczynski (13-8-0) vs Peppu Reiska "GQ" MacDonald (29-17-0)

prediction: Burczynski by decision

Welterweight bout

Jose Brandao (18-12-0) vs "Punisher" Peter Cabreros (44-26-1)

prediction: Cabreros by decision

Middlweight bout

Lance Domingo (17-9-0) vs "Begbie Franco (23-14-0)

prediction: Franco edgar by 2nd round TKO

Featherweight bout

Charles ""The Hulk " Autumn Hunter (27-11-1) vs Quintus "Spartacus" Daedalus (29-13-1)

prediction: Hunter by 1st round TKO

Welterweight bout

"Black Water" Cole River (29-5-1) vs "The Flash" Barry Allen (24-13-0)

prediction: River by decision

MAIN CARD

Welterweight bout

"Thor" Eiji Kawashima (34-10-0) vs "THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze (41-16-0)

In this match, we will see a match between a familiar face and a newcomer. Both fighters are known for their KO power but Kawashima has been settling for decision matches lately, with 9 of his 11 matches ending via decision. Blaze on the other hand has been outstanding, winning 3 of his last 4 with his new manager. We can expect to see either a KO brawl or a decision match, depending on the strategies of both sides.

Prediction: Kawashima by Decision

Welterweight bout

Yang Tao (34-12-0) vs "Big Bad" Mk Ultra (43-21-2)

In this match, former champion Yang Tao will look to build his hype up again and gain another shot at the title as he lost twice to the champ Sergiy Sklyar. He will be facing the underdog Mk Ultra who is making his debut in Synchronicity. However, we can never underestimate Ultra as he is also a former champion from other orgs and will still put up a good fight against Tao at he age of 40. We can surely expect standup collision between these two fighters.

Prediction: Tao by decision

Middleweight Bout

"Bishop" Lucas Bishop (22-9-0) vs Ramazan Temel (19-7-0)

These two fighters are very closely matched to each other. Records are close, rankings are very close, and both fighters might earn a shot at the title sometime soon as they are ranked 4th and 5th in Syn middleweights. Both fighters are also on a roll, Bishop winning 7 if his last 10, and Temel winning 6 straight matches. This is also the 2nd match for both fighters in Synchronicity. Skillwise, Bishop has the upperhand in the standup battle but if Temel can capitalize on a takedown, the match can surely go his way and give Bishop his first taste of a submission.

Prediction: Bishop by decision

Heavyweight bout

"The God of War" Vyacheslav Kalashnikov (25-11-0) vs K.J. Choi (25-12-0)

We now move to a match between two heavyweight title contenders Kalashinov (3rd in Syn) and Choi (6th) and a win might bring them closer to the most awaited shot. Both fighters have the KO power, both fighters have the determination to finish a match so we can see an all out war in this one. In my opinion, Kalashinov has the upperhand experience wise as he is a former champ of the top org NGF while Choi has been stagnant in his career in Syn. Skillwise, they are almost evenly matched with Kalashinov having a minor advantage in the standup and Choi with the minor advantage in the ground.

Prediction: Kalashnikov by 2nd round TKO

MAIN EVENT

Dragon Slayer (25-7-1) vs Tweedle Dee (45-10-0)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14055033201853.png http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w4.jpg

Now, for the main event of the evening, the middleweight champion Slayer will be facing his number 1 contender Dee in an exhibition match. Both fighters have been on the top 10 P4P and now are ranked 1 (Slayer) and 7 (Dee) in middleweights worldwide. This is truly a high profile match. Slayer acquired his title in Syn 313 from the former champ Charalabous as they go the distance. Now, he holds a 6 game win streak record. Dee, on the other hand, returns to Syn with a 9 win out of 11 matches record and as the former EVO champion. He will surely look to claim the Syn middleweight title in a title match sometime soon if he wins. Slayer is known for his dynamite KO power as he KO'd 19 of his 25 opponents defeated while Dee is known for his tactics and decision making as he has 20 TKOs and 23 decisions in 45 wins. Theoretically, Slayer has the upper hand in boxing, MT and wrestling but in MMA, anything can happen. Dee has upset a lot of fighters who are theoretically better than him so concluding that Slayer will win is absurd. Besides, Dee has a damn granite chin, getting only knocked out twice in his whole career. This will be a good match as these two fighters are both intelligent and talented. Again, who doesn't want a fight between two of the top P4P fighters is a match that we must see. Will Slayer be able to slay Dee, or will Dee be able to win as the underdog?

prediction: Slayer via 3rd round TKO

That's all for today. Thanks!

SYN 323 PREVIEW

Last Wednesday, we held Syn' 322: Curtain Call and still, we had a great attendance! Hurray for Synchronicity! Hahaha. Tomorrow, we will be having Syn 323, where we headline 2 great title matches, Sklyar vs Spanked for the welterweight title and Pietrzak vs Badger for the featherweight title. For the undercards, we've also got a lot to look forward to like Bobby Digital (17-4-0) and Tom Ryan (16-3-0) facing head on. I can see that this will be another big successful event for Synchronicity. Now let's move on to the discussions.

PRELIMINARY MATCHES

Featherweight bout

Walter "Israelian Demolisher" White (10-6-0) vs Kraal The Bouncer (15-12-0)

Prediction: White by decision

Light Heavyweight bout

"God's Worker" Jonah Sumrall (20-8-0) vs Aaron "Evolution" Edwards (19-9-0)

Prediction: Sumrall by 2nd round TKO

Heavyweight bout

"The Argonaut" Vangelis Kokkalis (19-6-0) vs Thomas "Dynamite Kid" Billington (36-19-3)

Prediction: Kokkalis by 2nd round TKO

Heavyweight bout

Jobe Nkemakolam (37-17-0) vs "The Kid" Deidara Zetsu (22-13-0)

Prediction: Zetsu by 1st round TKO

Welterweight bout

Keke "Hammer" Pummel (24-14-0) vs Santiago "Fancy Pants" Colon (15-6-0)

Prediction: Colon by decision

MAIN CARD

Featherweight bout

Jake Lamotta (46-20-0) vs Martin Philippe Njewel (17-6-1)

We have a great matchup here guys. The 40 year old Lamotta will be facing the 28 year old Njewel. Lamotta will fight off a disheartening split decision loss in his previous match against Jim Beckett, ending his 4 fight win streak. Njewel on the other hand is on his second Syn match, winning his first and ending his back-to-back losses against SPFT champ Rainer Varvaskoukku and eventual Syn champ Bartek Pietrzak. Lamotta is known to be a well-rounded fighter, proving that he could fight in any manner while Njewel is more of a standup fighter. Lamotta has the obvious advantage in the ground while Njewel has the upper hand in a standup fight. We'll see who will capitilize.

Prediction: Lamotta by decision

Featherweight bout

Matt Miller (37-13-1) vs Jim Beckett (20-6-0)

This match will be a comeback match for former champion Matt Miller as he lost 3 of his last 4 matches, including the title match with Mitch Heisenberg. Jim Beckett on the other hand is on a roll as he won 8 of his last 10 matches, placing him in the no. 10 spot in featherweights. Beckett has never been a champion so let's see if there will be a gap in experience. Miller will probably be the highest profiled fighter Beckett will face. The winner in this match will most likely earn his shot for the featherweight title against the winner between Pietrzak and Badger. A loss for Miller in this one will be painful in his value and will place him lower in the Syn featherweight ladder. In the overall skillset, Miller has the upper hand since he can fight anywhere but Beckett can gain the upper hand if he does the right decisions. This will be an exciting one ladies and gentlemen.

Prediction: Miller by decision

Welterweight bout

"RZA" Bobby Digital (17-4-0) vs "Colonel" Tom Ryan (16-3-0)

It is evident that his match is a solid one. One look at their records, you can say that these fighters are indeed strong. We will surely see a streak ending in this one since Digital is on a 4 fight win streak while Ryan is on a 6 fight win streak. I think the match will be dominantly a standup fight but we'll see if Ryan will adjust since he has a slight disadvantage to Digital skillwise. Key for Digital will be his KO power and the key for Ryan will be his chin and determination, as he has never been knocked out nor submitted. These two great fighters are new to Syn and will look to make a name early in their Syn career. A win in this one will most likely give them a higher chance at a shot at the title. Expect a great all out match in this one.

Prediction: Digital by decision

MAIN EVENT

FEATHERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Bartek Pietrzak (24-7-0) vs Bucky The Badger (28-13-3)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/27/27w22.jpg http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/39/39w16.jpg

We finally move on to the first match of the headliners, the featherweight title match!!!!! In this match, top ranked featherweight Pietrzak will be facing the challenger (ranked 8) Badger. This will be Pietrzak's first Syn title defense and this will be Badger's legitimate redemption match as he was unable to grab the title on a draw against Patton for the championship way back in Syn 305. Skillwise, Badger has the upperhand as he is a triple elite in Boxing, Muay Thai and wrestling giving him a theoretical advantage against the champion, who only has an advantage in the ground (Black belt over brown belt). Badger is also a tactical type of fighter, as he fought most of his matches ending in a decision so it will be hard to finish him. Pietrzak should take this to the ground and work from there. We'll see if he can do that. This will be one hell of a fight. Pietrzak or Badger? You decide.

Prediction: Pietrzak by 3rd round TKO

WELTERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Sergiy Sklyar (36-9-1) vs Gonna "Get" Spanked (25-7-0)

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1b8.jpg http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41w36.jpg

And now we are at the most awaited fight of the night! It is the match for the Syn Welterweight Championship! Could you imagine two champions facing each other for the title? This will truly be incredible! Sklyar has won 8 of his last 10 matches, including his 2 title defenses against Kronburger and Tao. Spanked, the champion from SPFT, has won 8 straight matches, including his win against Surov in his first match in Syn, giving him an immediate title shot against the champ. These two fighters are too closely matched that they each have an advantage in their respective disciplines. They have the ability to finish or play smart, which will most likely result in a great match. Sklyar will most likely win the ground game and Spanked will have the slight advantage in the standup. What more can you ask for? Two fighters ranked 5th and 6th in Welterweights, 2 champions with 3 titles, fighting for the prestiged Syn welterweight championship? Whoever wins, he will win it hard earned.

Prediction: Sklyar by decision

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Syn 326

7th November 2014
Los Angeles, LA Memorial Colossuseum

Synchronicity is ready to give fans another great night of action all around the globe on PPV and the 10’s of thousands of fans who will pack into LA Memorial Colossuseum. Heading off the card is Digital vs Spanked for the 170lbs title with Matt Miller vs. Bartek Pietrzak as the co-main event. Head to toe this card is stacked, let’s get into it.

Gonna "Get" Spanked vs. "RZA" Bobby Digital - 170lbs TITLE FIGHT

Spanked is a very experienced champion, currently holding both the Syn and SPFT title’s. He has also held the RS, Invictus and WOTLA titles previously. He is currently looking to notch his first title defence as Syn champion. He possesses some of the best wrestling in the sport today which he uses to smother his opponents for the fights duration, as evidenced by his 16 career wins via decision, which also includes his last 4 wins and 8 of his last 9 wins. This is not to stay his stand up is bad as he has shown he is able to knock opponents out, but why use it when his wrestling is so successful? Digital is a former champion of EMMA and fighting for the title in Invictus before. He has shown to have considerable power with 13 wins via (T)KO but he has also shown to be able to use his wrestling very efficiently to drag opponents to the canvas and use a ground attack to make him feared. Both men are in the prime of their careers at 29 years of age and it’s a treat to be able to watch two great fighters slug it out at the peak. This is a hard fight to predict but I feel Spanked will be able to use the better game plan and his superior wrestling will be able to neutralise Digital’s attack, but I have a feeling that these two will meet again in the future.

Prediction: Spanked via UD

Matt Miller vs. Bartek Pietrzak - 145lbs

Miller has had a much fabled career, holding titles in BFT and is a multiple time title holder in Syn’ and numerous other organisations. His boxing in world class as is his wrestling skills, but the truly scary thing is his ground and pound and his top game. He is simply relentless on top scoring 20 (T)KO’s, some against top competition, and getting 18 wins via decision. He has never been stopped by strikes in over 50 career fights. Pietrzak is himself a former world champion in numerous organisations, including Synchronicity. He wins fights by being good anywhere the fight can take him but he excels at fighting on top on his opponents to score with ground and pound or seek for a submission victory. Also Pietrzak is notoriously hard to finish, only having lost once via submission very early in his career and never been knocked out. Both men are at their best when on top of their opponents but both are good enough and durable enough to survive the worst. I think the key to the winner of this fight is to control the tempo of the fight and fight at their own pace. I believe that Miller has faced tougher competition and come out on top and I think he will come out victorious again, going for one last push to get to the top and gold around his waist again.

Prediction: Miller via UD

Blood Bane vs. K.J. Choi - 265lbs

Bane hits hard. It is not a statement it is a fact. Out of 23 wins in his career, all of them are from (T)KO often being very violent KO’s. His Muay Thai is excellent and he is very adept at fighting in close quarters to batter his opponents within the clinch or using his huge legs to kicks from range. However he has one glaring weakness in his game that he cannot control and that is his thin skin. He has lost 9 times from being cut open so bad that the doctor had to step in to save his skin tissue from further long term damage. Choi is also a powerful puncher and he prefers to use his power from range and score with numerous strikes to numerous parts of his opponent’s bodies that eventually wears down his opponent allowing him to finish his wounded foes. He has a very good all round game, but his one weakness is fighting heavyweights who possess the power to break through his chin and make him wilt under heavy pressure. I think Bane is the type of fighter who can give Choi a rough time in the cage and will not allow Choi the courtesy of getting to hear the judges’ scorecards.

Prediction: Bane via KO round 2

"Colonel" Tom Ryan vs. Shawn Kronburger - 170lbs

Ryan recently had his 6 fight winning streak broken in his Syn’ debut, but is looking to rebound in the follow up fight. He uses a great defensive wrestling game to be able to stay upright on his feet and either out-point his opponents or batter them into an early finish with his great boxing and kicking skills. Kronburger is biding his time for retirement, at 39 years of age he is 5-5 over his last 10 fights but he is still fighting high level opponents on the big stage. A former champion at Syn’ and fights best when he finds his range and uses his boxing, utilising a high pressure boxing game with very heavy hands attached to him has allowed him to get 25(T)KO victories during his career. Ryan is a very hard fighter to put away having never been finished in his career so Kronburger will have a hard time trying to knock his block off and may have to come in and play safely in order not to over exert himself, I think Kronburger will be able to do just that and get another victory.

Prediction: Kronburger via UD

Aaron "Evolution" Edwards vs. "Bastard" Torrelio Sacana – 205lbs

Edwards possesses a great Muay Thai base in which he is comfortable utilising all 8 of his limbs especially his consistent use of low kicks to wear down his opponent, to complement his MT he has developed his wrestling to a high level that he uses to control the clinch effectively. Sacana bases his game plans around taking fights to the ground and pounding on his helpless opponents or snatching a limb or neck to lock up deadly submissions. I feel Edwards will be able to avoid getting taken down by Sacana and grind out a win with his kicks.

Prediction: Edwards via UD

"The Underestimated" Michael Ehrmantraut vs. "Black Water" Cole River – 170lbs

Ehrmantraut has found himself on hard times as of late, losing 4 of his last 5. This is despite possessing some of the best skill sets around but he is seemingly unable to be able to put them all together. However he is a powerful fighter with numerous (T)KO victories and that can take you very far in MMA. River can do just about anything in MMA but it is his wrestling which stands out and allows him to dictate the pace of fights with most of his finishes early in his career. He should be able to continue giving Ehrmantraut a tough time as he has faced the better competition and has been able to overcome many of them.

Prediction: River via UD

Also on the card:-

Jim Beckett vs. Charles "The Hammer" Martel - 145lbs

Becket seems to have the better skills and should be able best the veteran fighter Martel who seems to keep going on and is now one of MMA’s older fighters at 42

Prediction: Beckett via UD

"1 8 1" Kenji Okabe vs. Keke "Hammer" Pummel – 170lbs

Okabe has great boxing, wrestling and BJJ but lacks in the Muay Thai department and Pummel is much more well-rounded than his opponent. However Pummel is currently on anti-depressants and morale in his camp is very low. I think Okabe will be able to capitalise on this and break the fragile chin of Pummel.

Prediction: Okabe via KO

Alexander Lansing vs. "mēpisukaryā" Itagaki Fukuzawa – 145lbs

Both men have powerful punching skills, but the difference may be the durability of Lansing but also his elite ground game with a red belt in BJJ. I think Fukuzawa will not be able to best Lansing on the feet and will eventually fall via submission.

Prediction: Lansing via submission

Jamie "Takedown" Gillis vs. "Warfare" Wes Walker – 205lbs

Gillis is able to use his boxing to set up his explosive takedown and pound on opponents. Walker has had trouble putting his skills together and forming a win streak, having fallen recently to a number of top fighters. I think he may be able to best Gillis though as Gillis is experiencing some low morale heading into this fight couple that with his fragile chin and Walker’s deadly boxing, I say that spells a KO.

Prediction: Walker via TKO

Be sure to check this event out as it happens on the 7th to find the results of all-time greats such as Miller or the fate of the 170lbs title in one of MMAt’s best orgs.

That’s all from me

Michael “The Wolf” Brakeley

• Upvote 1

Syn 327

14th November 2014

Syn’ comes back to LA to treat the fans to a night of MMA. This card is stacked head to toe in prospects, legends and great fighters at the top of their game fighting for one of the best orgs in history. Headlined by a colossus heavyweight fight as “The God of War” Vyacheslav Kalashnikov faces off against Codi Gale. The 185lbs title is also on the line on the 14th with Lucas Bishop fighting Dragon Slayer, which is sure to be a barnburner.

"The God of War" Vyacheslav Kalashnikov vs. Codi Gale – 265lbs

Kalashnikov is a former multiple title holder for respected organisations such as NGF and INY, he can boast that he has fought some of the best heavyweights around and come out victorious on most occasions. However he is only 4-3 over his last 7 fights, could this be a sign all those wars he has been in have finally caught up to him? He will try his best on the 14th to prove that is not the case just a road bump on his way to capture new gold to put around his waist. He has some of the most brutal stand up skills in the heavyweight division, with only 2 of his 26 wins going the distance with many of his wins via devastating one punch KO, including his last 3 fights. As one of the most popular fighters on the Syn’ roster and already having 1 win over a highly respected opponent, a dominant win against Gale could be cause to give him a shot at the belt currently held by the feared Brick Tires. Gale will have a word or two to say about Kalashnikov’s rise though as he has been fighting in Syn for seemingly forever, it is only now that he has seemed well on the road for a title shot as he has won his last 4 fights all in which he finished his opponents. He also possesses some ungodly power in his fists winning 27 times via (T)KO from 36 overall victories and they always say power is the last thing to go on a fighter, at 35 years of age he has power by the dozens. Having over 50 fights in his career he can be called a late bloomer as he is only now getting to fight high level guys on a regular basis and be successful in doing so. One thing that has let Gale down is the past is his chin, fighting heavyweights one of the most important things you need is a titanium chin, and unfortunately for Gale he does not have one. He has been KOed 10 times from 15 losses and fighting against a guy famed for his brutal KO’s he must have his best striking defence going to avoid a KO. For that reason I am choosing Kalashnikov to walk off victorious for his 4th consecutive win via KO.

Prediction: Kalashnikov via KO

"Bartman" Bartholomew Roach vs. Evgeniy Malkin – 205lbs

Roach is a bad man indeed, all 20 of his wins are (T)KO, he incorporates vicious Muay Thai to systematically destroy opponents, this usually happens within 2 rounds for him to KO his foe. He is a former world champion of Invictus/IMMA where he successfully defended his title on no less than 4 occasions, proving his mettle. He has had sustained success in orgs such as Heroic and Rising Sun, currently on a 3 fight winning streak over tough opponents he is aiming high for a shot at that sexy Syn’ gold to strap around his waist. Standing in his path is former Syn’ champion Malkin. The best way for Roach to prove himself is to demolish a former champion. Malkin has good stand up skills, but where he shines is his ground skills, he doesn’t have the most ferocious ground and pound ever seen but it his transitions and submission ability that make him someone to fear having on top or beneath you. He has a black belt in BJJ and some high level wrestling skills along with it. Another alumni of the famed ITFL tournaments, he has gone on to have great success against top fighters using his suffocating ground game to ride to 8 submissions victories and 10 decisions. He has consistently faced world class opposition and losing his title to such elite fighters is nothing to be ashamed of, I’m sure he is working twice as hard to get back to the top of the rankings and reclaim his lost belt. I think the time for Roach is now and his defensive wrestling and ground game will be used to avoid trouble and get out of any sticky situation he finds himself in, eventually using his surreal power to stop Malkin.

Prediction: Roach via KO

Dragon Slayer vs. "Bishop" Lucas Bishop – 185lbs TITLE FIGHT

Slayer will be looking to defend his title he earned 2 fights ago as he has been involved in super fights since winning it. Although he lost most recently to legend Tweedle Dee, it was not for the title so he looks to defend it for the first time against the dangerous Bishop. He is very good at mixing it up, he can take you down, he can wear you down in the clinch or he can knock you out from afar, you name it he can do it. The method he prefers most though is to wear his opponents down with takedowns and clinching, then in the later rounds he finishes with a barrage of strikes. He is an expert at slowly breaking the will to fight, and overwhelming and constant pressure to force his opponents to hit the proverbial wall, allowing him to capitalise. His opponent on the 14th is the former Heroic champion Lucas Bishop. His blend of elite boxing skills and his 8 pointed Muay Thai attack have allowed him to become one of the best 185lbers on the planet. He fights very well in the clinch, but it is his low kicks and follow up hands over the top that make him deadly on the feet. He is equally adept at knocking you out or outpointing you if he feels that he will waste energy trying to break through stout defences. This will be a very evenly matched fight, but I believe that the well rounded skill set of Slayer will allow him to win the fight in numerous positions and out-hustle Bishop to defend his title.

Prediction: Slayer via UD

Jake Lamotta vs. "The Justice" Mitch Heisenberg – 145lbs

At the ripe old age of 40, Lamotta seemed to have gone past his peak and was fighting for the sake of fighting, then his found new management under Joe Kingpin and was re-signed to Syn’ where he has since gone 5-1 over some good competition. He may very well be the most well rounded finished in the sport as he holds 15 wins from (T)KO, 15 wins from submission and 17 wins from decisions. The man can do it all, he also has great durability highlighted in his fight against Martel. He was rocked badly but took the fight to the ground and locked up a kimura, showing his intelligent way of fighting and aiming to get the quickest way to finish someone. Heisenberg is a former champion of Syn’, but since winning the belt he has gone 0-2 and seemingly lost his step. He is still well rounded with a black belt in BJJ and that famed pitter patter way of striking with 12 (T)KO wins from 55 fights and 40 wins., he will never be considered as a powerhouse but he does have some power there, so opponents must always be weary. I see Lamotta continuing his impressive run as of late and stopping Heisenberg via submission.

Prediction: Lamotta via submission

Ramazan Temel vs. "THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze – 170lbs

Temel is part of the new wave of MMA fighters as he is very well rounded, he will also be very strong at 170lbs as he has been fighting at 185lbs against some top notch competition including Lucas Bishop. He has great stopping power with his strikes which will only be increased with the weight drop, but he has more recently shown off his submission skills as he has gotten his last 2 victories via submission. Temel is of Turkish origin and will be looking to brutalise the racist Blaze. Blaze who is a white man is possibly schizophrenic as he thinks he is a black man and has shown no qualms in showing the extent of his racism. Anyhow I’m sure he will like a chance to go against a man of colour with his skills, he does have KO power with good boxing and good Muay Thai abilities. However, he is fairly old and is likely losing touch with all the new training methods and may not be as up to date as Temel, he also has a suspect chin, having been KOed 10 times during his career. I feel that Temel will be the more athletic fighter and the better skilled fighter on fight night, and will eventually find the right punch to finish Blaze.

Prediction: Temel via TKO

Undercard Fights

"The Dominator" Trent Pope vs. "The Hulk " Autumn Hunter -265lbs

Hunter likely has the better stand up skills and has the better mental health at the moment, these factor will allow him to score a victory via KO

Prediction: Hunter via KO

Yang Tao vs. Santiago "Fancy Pants" Colon – 170lbs

Colon may be the younger and more athletic fighter, but Tao seemingly has not lost any of his world class skills and will use his well rounded skill set to out point Colon.

Prediction: Tao via UD

Martin Philippe Njewel vs. Silik "The Gash" Hunt – 145lbs

Whilst Njewel is only 2-3 over his last 5, his losses have come against top tier fighters, one of his main assets is his power and against Hunt, who has been stopped 12 times via strikes, I feel Njewel will be able to stop Hunt.

Prediction: Njewel via TKO

"Gods Spear" Ansgar Axelsson vs. "Junior" Chris Kampmann – 205lbs

Axelsson has great boxing ability and KO power but has had trouble in fighting people who can neutralise that range. Kampmann is a similar sort of fighter although he is less experienced I think he will come in with the better gameplan and walk away with the win.

Prediction: Kampmann via UD

Thomas "Dynamite Kid" Billington vs. Jobe Nkemakolam – 265lbs

When this is the first fight on the card you know you have something special, as these two have great skills but have fallen on hard times as of late. Billington is famed for his durability fighting against heavyweights but he also possesses intelligence mixed with KO power. Nkemakolam has had trouble in the past taking a good punch and I think Billington will be able to find a spot to land and turn the lights out on Nkemakolam.

Prediction: Billington via KO

That’s the card wrapped up, be sure to watch the fight to find out the latest in Syn’s history.

Until next time

• Upvote 1

Synchronicity 328

21st November

Syn’ comes back the beautiful city of LA for another blockbuster event. 2 titles will be on the line, with the main event of Tiago Renato defending his 205lbs title against the always dangerous Devin Styles. In the 155 division, Jan Zelenka looks to get his hands on some gold but first, he has to pry it away from the waist of Naru Jarkko.

Tiago "the Brazilian mt machine" Renato vs. "Furious " Devin Styles – 205lbs TITLE FIGHT

Renato, much like his nickname suggest is a Muay Thai wrecking machine. Capable of battering you with a number of different kick techniques, to the legs, body or head to wear his foes down or outright finish them. He is also very physically strong and his opponents have had trouble at range with him, so they either decide to go in the clinch or take him down. In the clinch he imposes his strength to neutralise most of their attacks, he is also normally successful at stopping takedowns but his last two losses have come against fighters that can take him down and control the fight, making him weary to throw too many of those patented kicks. The Syn’ Olympic LHW champion, “Furious” has made a lasting mark on the world of MMA having a gold medal in the Olympics and a former champion at 265lbs and 205lbs in Syn’. He will be out for revenge against Renato as 2 fights ago Renato threw a picture perfect head kick that took the LHW title away from Styles. Styles’ strength is his boxing ability and uncanny KO power in his hands. He also has a black belt in BJJ which he seems to mainly use for defensive purposes but if he can manage to take Renato down and avoid the KO that black belt may come in handy controlling the pace of the fight and scoring valuable points. Renato will show the same skills as his previous fights, his Muay Thai precision and power. Styles could look to use his power also but his failing chin via 7 (T)KO losses means against Renato, a guy who has never been (T)KOed, Styles may have to alter his gameplan. I see Renato avoiding any attempts to grapple and eating the best punches Styles has to offer eventually landing one of his own that will put Styles to sleep.

Prediction: Renato via KO

"Atomic" Rafa Silva vs. Sergiy Sklyar – 135lbs

Silva is the current champion of top 3 org EVO whilst Skylar is the former champion of Syn’, it’s the battle between two orgs yet again. Silva is a great well rounded fighter, capable wherever the fight may take him. He has shown preferences to use his elite boxing and MT skills and has racked up a considerable amount of KOs (23) on his record showing his power. He has been taken down a few times in his career showing a slight deficiency in the defensive wrestling department but his elite grappling skills have allowed him to pop back to his feet in no time. Skylar has fought in many different divisions and been very competitive, fighting as high as 185lbs all the way down to 135lbs. Skylar utilises a very active ground game, able to absolutely smother his opponents or use heavy ground and pound to finish his opponents. This will be a very tough match-up for both fighters but I think Skylar and his unflappable chin will be able to expose Silva’s wrestling defence weakness to take it to the floor constantly and win the fight on points.

Prediction: Skylar via UD

Naru "Käsi" Jarkko vs. Jan Zelenka – 155lbs TITLE FIGHT

Jarkko is another fighter who is capable wherever the fight takes him, and has finished 9 people via (T) KO and 9 via submission showing his versatility. He has shown off his superior ground game more recently though, using his physicality to grind out wins. He has held titles in numerous organisations such as Heroic and is also a numerous time LW champion for Syn’. His stand up skills are slightly lacking but they serve their purpose in allowing him to drag his opponents to the floor. The man facing him on the 21st will be long-time Syn’ fighter Jan Zelenka, this will be the second attempt at Syn’ gold for Zelenka who will surely try to make the most of his second and possibly last chance for a major title. He has recently been a man on a mission, after only a 1-4-1 record over 6 fights the end seemed near for Zelenka, but starting at Syn’ 316 he knocked out Funkyama and went on to score two more TKO victories and has finally landed at the door of another title shot. He has been showcasing his fight ending power against top level competition recently; he used to be a much more of a clinch based fighter who used it to score points rather than to outright finish people. It will come down to the grappling of Jarkko against the striking prowess of Zelenka and I think that Zelenka may be able to crack the chin of Jarkko, giving him his lifelong dream of a title strapped around his waist.

Prediction: Zelenka via TKO

Michael Corleone vs. Sergei "El FENOMENO" Kharitonov – 205lbs

It is surprising how successful Corleone has been in his career, basically without throwing a punch. His Muay Thai skills have allowed him to throw kicks with pin point precision and in the clinch he is deadly with his combination of elbows and knees to the ribcage and skull shattering knees to the head. His elbows are truly razor sharp having scored 13 of his wins by forcing the doctor to step in and save his opponents skin from too much damage. Kharitonov will have to be weary from entering the clinch as he has been stopped a few times with his head covered in a mass of still pumping blood. Anyway he has much better boxing than his opponent and is effective at stopping kicks from damaging him, if he can keep this fight at range and stop too many kicks from slowing him down he can use his superior boxing to stop Corleone. Corleone has been stopped 7 times from strikes so his chin may be an issue in this fight against the hard hitting Kharitonov. I predict that if this fight goes into the clinch Corleone will re-open the scar tissue of Kharitonov, so he should be looking to enter the clinch for this purpose, but I expect Kharitonov will have a good gameplan and win this fight with a KO.

Prediction: Kharitonov via KO

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan vs. Dmitry "Edge" Borschev – 265lbs

Two hard hitting heavyweights collide in the first fight of the main card as McFinnigan will look to land a KO blow before he can be hit himself. He has scored an impressive 24 wins via (T)KO but has suffered from 12 himself, so he must have improved striking defence to avoid any KO blows coming from Borschev. McFinnigan does possess some kicking abilities but other than that and his punching, he hasn’t shown a diverse skills set. Borschev is another hard hitter with 17 (T)KO wins, he has also shown fight ending kicking ability and a very good ability to eat a shot. However he has been stopped in his last 2 fights, effectively stopping any momentum he had coming into Synchronicity. I feel like this fight is Borschev’s to lose, he has the more diverse striking attack and the better chin so I think he will score an important KO to get his career back on track.

Prediction: Borschev via KO

On the Undercard

Kirill "anakónda" Petrov vs. "The Spanish Assassin" Michel Rodalgo – 155lbs

Both these men are expert grapplers, combing for over 25 submission wins. I think that Petrov may have the better wrestling skills which will help him avoid the submission of Rodalgo and allow him ot pick up valuable points.

Prediction: Petrov via UD

Quintus "Spartacus" Daedalus vs. Sergei Ivanovits – 265lbs

Ivanovits may be brain dead, losing 21 times by (T)KO but he still packs a punch and against Daedalus he will be able to avoid the ground and land a killer blow to Daedalus.

Prediction: Ivanovits via KO

"Rambo" Suporn Red Gym vs. Michael "One Shot" Vronsky – 185lbs

Neither man has much skill in terms of Muay Thai but each time thye step into the cage they come to fight with over 40 (T)KO’s between them, I feel this fight will not go to the judges scorecard. I think Vronsky will be able to utilise his better boxing to sneak a punch past the defences of Red Gym.

Prediction: Vronsky via TKO

Lee Trevino vs. Hektor Troy – 185lbs

Trevino may be inexperienced but this may be an advantage as his opponent will have less scouting clips. Troy is a high level fighter but his chin seems to be slowly leaving him and Trevino has shown his power, add the two together and you have Trevino leaving with his hand raised.

Prediction: Trevino via KO

"The Mexicutioner" Pedro Bueno vs. Leif Nygard – 185lbs

Nygard has been shown to be a bit depressed this week and he has suffered from 10 (T)KO losses in his career. Bueno has some serious power in his strikes and will most likely be able to overwhelm Nygard on his way to TKO victory.

Prediction: Bueno via TKO

Well folks that’s the whole card wrapped up, be sure to catch the results of this event.

Until next time,

• Upvote 2

Synchronicity 329

29th November

Syn’ is once again going to please 93000 fans in attendance and those who buy the PPV with some of the best fighters going head to head surrounded by a steel cage. Some new talent looks to emerge and some old timers look to get a few more paychecks before they hang their gloves up. Headlining the event is a rematch from Syn’ 327 where Evgeniy Malkin fought Bartholomew Roach to a draw and both will look to settle the score on the 29th. The 145lbs title and also the 135lbs title will be contested also and numerous former champions also make their way into the cage once more.

Evgeniy Malkin vs. "Bartman" Bartholomew Roach – 205lbs

Malkin’s stand up skills are nothing to be scoffed at, but where he shines is his ground skills, his ground and pound is not the most deadly out there but it his transitions and submission ability that is what has allowed him to reach the heights he has in MMA. He has a black belt in BJJ and some high level wrestling skills along with it. Another alumni of the famed ITFL tournaments, he has gone on to have great success against top fighters using his suffocating ground game to ride to 8 submissions victories and 10 decisions. He has consistently faced world class opposition and losing his title to such elite fighters is nothing to be ashamed of, I’m sure he is working twice as hard to get back to the top of the rankings and reclaim his lost belt. Roach is a scary individual to have standing across from you, all 20 of his wins are (T)KO, he incorporates vicious Muay Thai to run through his opponents like a hot knife through butter. He is a former world champion of Invictus/IMMA where he successfully defended his title on no less than 4 occasions, proving his mettle. He has had sustained success in orgs such as Heroic and Rising Sun, before his last fight with Malkin he was running a 3 fight win streak over tough competition. Roach looks to over-come Malkin and some said he was lucky to snatch a draw the last time as Malkin took him down in almost every round. The ground battle that ensued in that fight was high class and very technical with reversals with Malkin seemingly controlling the majority of the grappling and Roach getting the slight edge standing, it was extremely close throughout the fight and fans eagerly anticipate the rematch. I think Roach may have made some technical adjustments to his gameplan to allow him to effectively counter the takedown attempts as he was over-aggressive and Malkin countered in-to takedowns often and this will allow him to snatch the victory.

Prediction: Roach via KO

Ben Dobson vs. "The Emperor" Genghis Khan – 265lbs

Who doesn’t love it when two chinny heavyweights have at it? Both men are very similar in their fighting styles, they know they have power as both men combine for only 7 decisions over 59 fights. Their boxing skills are operating at a very high level and this has allowed them to be successful at heavyweight. However, both are on a similar path, they have faced the top fighters recently, Khan even fighting for the title but they have had mixed results, often losing via KO. A win against the other in this fight would allow one of them to get back on the horse and move up the division once again. I think Khan will take this one, he seems to have faced slightly better competition throughout his career and for the better part been more successful than Dobson.

Prediction: Khan via KO

Bartek Pietrzak vs. Bucky The Badger – 145lbs TITLE FIGHT

Pietrzak is himself a former world champion in numerous organisations, including Synchronicity. He wins fights by being good anywhere the fight can take him but he excels at fighting on top on his opponents to score with ground and pound or seek for a submission victory. Also Pietrzak is notoriously hard to finish, only having lost once via submission very early in his career and never been knocked out. The Badger is another fighter comfortable wherever the fight takes him, but is best using his speed and kicks and also is a good clinch fighter. These two have fought before, with Badger winning the 145lbs title that night in a fight he dominated with aggressive striking and damaging shots inside the clinch. Pietrzak relies on getting fights to the floor for success, but he showed against people who can stop his takedowns he has trouble standing with good strikers and Badger has the skills to keep Pietrzak off of him. I predict another win for The Badger and his first title defence.

Prediction: The Badger via UD

"Bastard" Torrelio Sacana vs. "Icarus" Khalid Hayes – 205lbs

Sacana has proven to be a very crafty grappler, he can use his high calibre wrestling to take his opponents down and do any number of things. He has shown that he can be very heavy on top game in which he can suffocate people for 3 rounds straight. He has also shown off some great submission ability, and his go to submission is the kimura with 7 of his 11 submission wins via that painful arm crank, his ground and pound can also generate a great amount of force. Across from him on the 29th will be former LHW great Khalid Hayes. Hayes is now under new management since is time at the top, and there is still every chance that he can reclaim his former glory. He mixes his boxing superbly with his Muay Thai and he has great striking accuracy and a KO ratio, with 18 (T)KO’s in 27 wins. He also possesses a very good wrestling base, rarely being taken down. This will be a very tough match-up for the young Sacana, as he faces a man with legit power and wrestling defence. It will come down to whether he can take Hayes down, and whether he can keep him there to land damage or sink in a submission, my gut is telling me Hayes will be able to avoid the takedowns or avoid prolonged periods on the ground and will eventually overwhelm Sacana.

Prediction: Hayes via TKO

Musashi "Kamikaze" Kato vs. Oisin "The Deer" O Conghaile – 185lbs

Kato is a very skilled fighter in multiple facets of MMA. He has a powerful wrestling pedigree and also devastating power in his hands and feet. He has shown to have smart game-plans which seek to best utilise his physical strength. He has used his wrestling to smother foes and his ground and pound has evolved into a weapon of its own. Oisin is a brutal KO artist, whether he swarms for a TKO victory or leaves his opponent face down after a one punch or kick KO. He can be dangerous at any point he is standing across from his opponent, and the potential for a KO is high any time he is standing. But he has been neutralised on the ground during his career, something I’m sure Kato and his team have picked up on. Kato has rarely been KOed and I think Oisin will have a hard time doing so and Kato will expose the ground deficiency held by Osin for a submission victory.

Prediction: Kato via submission

"The Turk" James Torello vs. "The Degenerate Gambler" Bad Idea – 135lbs TITLE FIGHT

Torello is a ground specialist, but that is not to say his striking is bad. He has shown one punch KO power and he has shown a kicking game that is crippling. But his ground is where he excels. He has shown to have some great ground and pound, however more recently he has shown his crafty submission skills, with his last 3 wins all via submission. Idea also has a lot of power for a little man, but most of those (T)KO wins were from earlier in his career, he hasn’t recorded a stoppage victory in his last 10 wins and he has shown a preference for a more grappling based approach to his fights. This will come down to who is better on the feet, as both have very aggressive and technical ground games and I fell Torello has the advantage in power on the feet and might snatch this win.

Prediction: Torello via UD

Undercard Fights

Indica Jatlier vs. "Thor" Eiji Kawashima – 170lbs

Both men are hard to finish, with only 1 (T)KO loss between them. Jatlier likes to fight on the ground, with many wins by submission or decision wins from dominating the grappling. Kawashima much prefers to strike and has 23 (T)KO’s to his name, but will have a hard time finishing Jatlier.I think Jatlier will be able to use his wrestling to get Kawashima to the floor and either lock up a submission or grind out a win.

Prediction: Jatlier via UD

Begbie Franco vs. Edward Gamer – 185lbs

Both are good strikers, Franco is a more boxing oriented guy and Gamer tends to use his Muay Thai a little more. The difference between these two may come down to whose chin is more durable, Gamer has been (T)KOed 11 times showing a weak chin and difficulty to overcome adversity. I think Franco should be able to expose that weakness for the win.

Prediction: Franco via TKO

"God's Worker" Jonah Sumrall vs. "Storm" Antonio Carlos Ferreira – 205lbs

Both men are excellent strikers with proven KO power. OS it really comes down to who sets the better game plan and executes it. I feel that Ferreira will be the one to do just that, and he may incorporate his wrestling to boost the chances of winning.

Prediction: Ferreira via UD

"The Elbow" Charles Cooper vs. Lance Domingo – 185lbs

Cooper has stopped many opponents cutting them up with his razor sharp elbows, but when his opponents avoid the clinch he has trouble absorbing any meaningful punches and crumples. Domingo is a superb wrestler and grappler who will look to expose Cooper’s weakness on the floor. I think Domingo has the advantage on the floor and will be able to hang standing long enough to secure the takedown.

Prediction: Domingo via submission

Well that wraps up another fight event in the Synchronicity history and I can only hope some of my predictions are correct. As always my predictions will never be perfect and only represent my own personal view. Hope you enjoyed the writing

Until next time,

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161918586537.jpg

"MR. NAUGHTY BOY" Mickey McFinnigan

(116595)-Hey Ivanovits,I am gonna crack your chin wide open so bad that you'll need a vaccum cleaner to pick up the pieces of it.

A little flashback here.Did that tickle a nerve?

That kick from McFinnigan tenderised Ivanovits's leg. Ivanovits is trying to keep his angry face on.

Ivanovits is still on wobbly legs! Can McFinnigan finish him?

McFinnigan lands an uppercut, right on the button! Ivanovits tumbles backwards into the cage, staring vacantly into space! He's got no idea where he is, who he is or what day it is... Poor guy.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 4:45 of round 3, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Mickey McFinnigan!

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=698096

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14161549782950.jpg

"THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze

(70417)-Yo Kenji,your 3 win streak is soon gonna come to end..Do not let my last 2 losses give you false impression of my skills.Those were good opponents.You are just half arsed punk with subpar skills.I am gonna make you bleed and pummel your ass to the ground.

• Upvote 1

Synchronicity 330 – Tires vs. Gale

5th December

Brick Tires will look to entertain the fans of LA once again and he will be defending his title against the always dangerous Codi Gale. That’s a huge main event for Syn, but the management team has decided to stack this card as Tyler Richards and Dragon Slayer go head to head in the co-main event and the 170lbs title is also on the line. Huge card from head to bottom, let’s get to it then shall we?

Brick "No Air" Tires vs. Codi Gale – 265lbs TITLE FIGHT

Brick Tires will long be remembered for shutting the mouth of Jon Hess, a fight which has launched him to more fame than he could imagine. He was already the champion of Syn’s HW division but now he is the best heavyweight on the planet. He possesses an un-natural ability to knock his opponents out, with 21 of his 25 wins via (T)KO, which include his last 5 against some of the toughest heavyweights in MMA today. His boxing skills and his Muay Thai make up the best combination of deadliness at HW, he prefers to use his kicks to slowly wear opponents down by battering their legs and body and then come over the top with heavy punches to the head. This method has gone without match for the majority of his career and if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, right? Facing Tires will be Codi Gale, a man who is on an impressive 5 fight win streak of his own. With well over 50 fights in his career and at the grand old age of 35, Gale is on the wrong side but nobody thought to tell him that! He has showed no signs of slowing down and if his 5 fight KO streak is anything to go by, he can KO any man on the planet with one punch (or kick). Gale’s only problem could be his deficiency in his striking defence as he has been KOed 10 times and often these KOs are hard to watch, I’m sure Tires has noticed Gale’s suspect chin and will look to target it. At this moment in time I do not see any heavyweight being able to stop Brick Tires and I believe he will pick up another win via KO.

Prediction: Tires via KO

"Mr. Hammerstorm" Tyler Richards vs. Dragon Slayer – 185lbs

Richards comes over from NGF to look to get revenge against Dragon Slayer from 2 fights ago, where Slayer won via TKO. Richards won many of his early fights via submission which gave him a feared reputation to go to the ground with, but recently he has been using a heavy wrestling game in order to keep his opponents pinned to the floor and score with heavy ground and pound. His submissions are still very much a weapon as he scored a kneebar over Pablo Escobar recently. Slayer is able to mix it up with the best in any given situation. He found himself on the floor underneath Richards in their fight but he managed to survive that situation and win the fight in round 3. Slayer won that fight by using superior stand up striking and better clinchwork, Richards will need to have worked on his striking defence and his ability to get it to the ground more effectively and to use it to his advantage more. Slayer will likely have a similar to gameplan to the last fight where he out-struck Richards and I think he will look to utilise his superior stand up once again.

Prediction: Slayer via TKO

"RZA" Bobby Digital vs. "The Flash" Barry Allen – 170lbs TITLE FIGHT

Digital is a former champion of EMMA and fighting for the title in Invictus before. He has shown to have considerable power with 13 wins via (T)KO but he has also shown to be able to use his wrestling very efficiently to drag opponents to the canvas and use a very effective ground game where he systematically shits his opponent down. He won the Syn title in his last fight and he won using his stand up game, showing how multi-dimensional he is. Allen has shown a preference to use his stand up skills to win his fights and he has shown great fight IQ by not trying too hard to finish fights, instead choosing to wear his opponents down with a constant barrage of strikes. He does have the power to end fights in one punch but he relies on his speed to give him the advantage striking. I think that Digital is the better-rounded fighter, this will give him a huge advantage wherever the fight goes and I predict him to get the W.

Prediction: Digital via UD

Michael "Nuts of Wonder" Patton vs. Martin Riggs – 155lbs

We move down to LW for this fight as two veterans look to settle the score in a rubber match. Patton is a well-rounded individual with almost 50 wins on his record. Numerous (T)KO’s and a bevvy of decision wins along with a few submission victories show how versatile he is. Riggs has shown skills in all areas, but it is his wrestling and his ground game he relies on to win him his fights. In their previous two fights, they are at one fight apiece. In these fights it was clear that Riggs wanted the takedowns and he occasionally got them, but the first fight showed Patton held a significant advantage striking and he was able to successfully survive the ground and out-point Riggs. In the second fight, Riggs got early takedowns and he used them more effectively and scored with heavy ground and pound forcing the referee to make a stoppage. This fight will again come down to whether or not Riggs is able to secure takedowns early and often or Patton will out-strike him. Both fighters are durable but I think Riggs will repeat his success from the last fight.

Prediction: Riggs via decision

"THE NIGGA WITH ATTITUDE" Alexander Blaze vs. "1 8 1" Kenji Okabe – 170lbs

Blaze is a very lanky fighter and also puts on a lot of weight to fight at 170lbs, but he carries a lot of power. 33 wins by (T)KO speaks for itself but as does the 11 (T)KO losses on his record, he likes to use his long frame to land hard kicks all over his opponents bodies whilst hitting hard punches to the dome. Okabe is a great fighter, he can box with the best of them, he can wrestle with the best of them and his ju-jitsu game is dangerous, but he has no Muay Thai skills. I don’t even know if he has the knowledge to throw a kick. Surely Blaze’s superior knowledge of MT will allow him to win the key battles standing and in the clinch leading to a victory for him, that is my prediction.

Prediction: Blaze via TKO

Undercard fights

"The Argonaut" Vangelis Kokkalis vs. "The Kid" Deidara Zetsu – 265lbs

Moving onto the undercard, Kokkalis looks for his first win under new management and he will need to use his striking and wicked KO power to help him win this fight. Look for him to find the chin of Zestu who has been KOed too many times for him to be the favourite in this fight.

Prediction: Kokkalis via KO

Julio Quintana vs. Frank Saurus – 155lbs

Quintana looks to get his career back on track after a rough patch in his last few fights going only 2-4-1 in his last 7. His well rounded MMA set coped with his natural power will help him in the fight against the aging Saurus who may not be able to keep up with the younger Quintana.

Prediction: Quintana via TKO

"Punisher" Peter Cabreros vs. Richard "Absolute" Renninger – 170lbs

Both of these man have had a hard time stringing together any wins recently, Cabreros will look to utilise his boxing and Renninger his MT. The difference between these fighters is that Cabreros’ chin seems to be failing him and Renninger is very much capable of finishing him.

Prediction: Renninger via UD

Knuckle "Pummel" Stone vs. Timmey "McGee" The Gangster – 135lbs

Both are very good wrestlers, but Stone has shown he may have a wrestling defence deficiency and he prefers to stand up. Timmey on the other hand is a great wrestler, but his striking may have huge holes in. I Timmey to be able to take Stone’s best shots and get the takedown to dominate him.

Prediction: The Gangster via UD

"Jimmy The Gent" James Burke vs. "The True King" Viserys Targaryen – 170lbs

Targaryen’s ground game is scary, with 10 submissions on his record, he has a way to snatch limbs from no-where. Burke likely holds the edge in the stand up and may be able to keep himself out of trouble on the floor, look for him to mix up his attack on the way to a decision win.

Prediction: Burke via UD

Hope you enjoyed this week’s preview for Syn’s latest event. Be sure to check the fights out when they happen.

Until next time,

• Upvote 1