Synchronicity's Face/Off - Official Smack Talk Thread

FrankyFin

Izgrate: I hear Jin Sen is highly regarded these days....has anyone seen the scar on his face? He can thank me for that one. When he's done beating my leftovers like Atom and Takahashi, maybe he can come fight me again. I took a break, but now I'm better than ever and I'm ready to go after the title again. They say third times a charm...

We caught up with Syn-City MW contender "Amazing" Aaron Gracie, before his fight against Syn Knockout-artist, Cliff "CB" Brown

I: Aaron, you have a fight this week on the first SynCity PPV, your thoughts?

A: This is without a doubt the biggest fight of my career. Franky asked me to be part of this card and I just leaped at the chance, being the biggest card in Syn, if not Tycoon history. I've made mistakes in the past, but I believe I am a better fighter than my record suggests.

I: These mistakes you mentioned, you refer to your fight with Okita?

A: Yeah, that was a really pivotal point in my career, and I blew it. I was trying to round out my MMA game by training striking, and I figured that it was the difference between me and Okita, who I thought was at a pretty similar level of grappling as me. I tried to keep things standing and his takedowns were the difference in the decision victory. Okita is a great champion, but it bugs me that if my gameplan was better thought out, it might be me with that belt around my waist, and not him.

I: Now, your next opponent is legendary Pride striker, Cliff "CB" Brown. What are your thoughts going into this fight?

A: Well, I'm glad I've been rounding out my striking game, lets put it that way. Cliff is an amazing fighter, he's avenged every loss he's ever had, and most of those wins have been via stoppage. I'm going to have to keep focused on my strengths, neutralise his striking, get the fight to the ground and put him to sleep. If I manage to put him away quickly, Franky might even be able to sneak my fight into the Pay-per-view *grins*

Isn't Izgrate fighting his own "leftovers" for his next fight? Kenata has pulled out some pretty surprising wins before, so I wouldn't get too cocky :D

i didn't ask for this fight. he'll have no problem sending kenata out of syncity though. i actually like kenata...at least he comes to fight. it seems like mr. sen wont even come out to fight, heh. this time izgrate will knock kenata out...i dont know if he can do it quicker than 5 seconds though.

i didn't ask for this fight. he'll have no problem sending kenata out of syncity though. i actually like kenata...at least he comes to fight. it seems like mr. sen wont even come out to fight, heh. this time izgrate will knock kenata out...i dont know if he can do it quicker than 5 seconds though.

Dunno about that, he seems like a bit of a decision master looking at his record... Kenata is the one with 5 KO victories :P

• 2 weeks later...

Cage vs Santiago Preview

Lord Rayden: "Johnny Cage vs Antonio Santiago is a very interesting fight"

Johnny Cage: "I've been fighting in the best org's in the world? Where has Antonio been fighting?"

Antonio Santiago: "I think it's great that I'm fighting one of the best Middleweights in syn. Johnny is by far the hardest guy I've ever fought."

Johnny Cage: "He has not been tested."

Antonio Santiago: "Everybody says lets test Santiago, lets test Santiago, lets see what he's got."

Johnny Cage: "He hasn't fought anybody at my level yet."

Antonio Santiago: "Well dammit lets see what I got."

Franky Sin: "This is a classic fight, with 2 big middleweights. Guys who are gonna go out there and bang it out. These 2 are gonna go out there and try to finish the other in the first round."

Johnny Cage: "I'm gonna knock his ass out in the first round."

Antonio Santiago: "Come test my chin if you want, but don't hurt your hand."

Johnny Cage: "I just think he's thinks he's better then he really is and I just think there would be that much more satisfaction knocking out someone like Antonio because he talks so much and he think's he such a stud in the cage."

Antonio Santiago: "I'm waiting for that person that can test me. Someone that willing to make me hurt the way I want to make them hurt. If Johnny's that guy then so be it but I doubt it."

Johnny Cage: "I want to put my fist down his throat and be like "Hey, welcome to the big leagues now bro.""

Special agents of "Groin Kick" (industry-standart MMA magazine) caught Antonio Santiago at the backstage right after his fight with Johnny Cage (which can be seen by clicking HERE) :

Q : Hi Antonio! Any comments on what happened in the cage?

A : Kudos to Johnny. Yeah. Fighting smart, always composed, thats like he is.

Q : You've been seen at pretty much all go-go bars in Vegas ever since you've arrived. Did that *somehow* affected your training?

A : You betcha! Stamina is, like, sky-high now!

Q : Ahem... So who's to blame?

A : Blame Canada! Err, I mean - blame my manager. Send him some hatemail or something. Watch the tape again, I did all I could under the gameplan.

Q. And final question Antonio, are we going to see you again in the cage under Syn promotion?

A. You will. I've promised those bar girls to win at least one fight at the Syn. I can't let them down!

Q. Thank you, mr. Santiago. Hope your hmm, unorthodox training methods will work you well for you.

"The Dragon" Tito Mendes [ 39786 ]

A personal letter from tito mendes

Dear Competitors/combatants of the combat pro pacific

I am a man of few words , but I am the future of the 135 pound division in hilo , I am unstopable Trained by the legendary Mr Machida I lay out a challenge to anyone who thinks they can beat me !

Or Will You Duck me Like Tor Nansen ... The Choice is yours

have a nice day

Yours sincerly The Dragon Mendes

• 3 weeks later...

Exiting the Syn 70 event, Solomon "Get Slept" Carver strong-armed a nearby reporter for his microphone, looked directly into the camera and delivered a quick message:

Hi ya'll. Solomon Carver here. Get Slept to the ladies y'knowutimsayin'. heh. 9-1, Top 10 ranked Light Heavyweight in the Galaxy.

(He pauses to do a quick one arm bicep flex for the camera, then positions himself for a profile/thinking-man shot as he continues.)

I knock people out. Lil dissapointed I didn't even get a mention on the Pre-Fight show, so I gave Mr. Sin the Knock-out of the Night in an effort to make sure I hear my name on the next show.

(Carver straightens his previously crooked Convicted Clothing cap as he squares up for the camera to get a good shot.)

Broken Halo Pride, We hurt people. Nasty evil hurt. Bad. See a couple dudes ranked higher than me're undefeated. I'm tryin' to fry up some goose-eggs, y'knowutimsayin'?

Peace and one Love.

(Solomon drops the mic, gives the camera a 3rd Coast duece chunk, and moves on leaving a dumbfounded reporter behind.)

Lesnar.....

Lesnarrr...!

Many nights....bad dreams of evil girl with beard.......Lesnar.....Mussolini sees the signs.......objectives, missions...they come to the Missile in the dark....through dreams............

Mussolini known this for a long time.........but now confirmed........through dreams.....evil girl with beard....soon your time is up.......

Like frightened deer inside a boa constrictor.....surrounded only by evil darkness...as the Missile welcomes you to his

world...your faith has been decided, Lesnar....this can not be avoided...your time will come to and end

But first.........Combs....must be disposed of.....true warrior leaves nothing to chance.....must come prepared..deep breaths.....all systems go...........must leave bad dreams behind.......evil girl with beard....Mussolini has no time for you now

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Boxing Comte- I'm looking to beat this 11-2 Can for my Synchronicity Debut. I'm training my ass off in Team World Class, and hope to win for them, my partners, and last but not least, myself. Saul Mollenhauer's Face will be bruised, and I may receive a Broken fist, but all and all, I'll win. Just wait, my debut will occur with fire works, and I will not lose. I'm already convincing Franky Fin, to throw a party for it, and he seems to like the idea. The fight will end in the first round, nuff said.

*After Speaking with Boxing Comte, he disappeared and his manager Brandon Comte arrived, to say a few words*

Brandon- I... I mean Boxing is training like crazy, The other day he broke the punching bag, and Team World Class had to get new ones (sorry Paul.) We all know Comte is a winner, and we all know he's gonna win. I mean I'm punching walls off... I mean he is... yeah. Franky, tell these guys what Comte is capable of doing, I need to go arrange Boxing Comte's Training.

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/sfmwp13/Rocky.jpg

And that's the end of the fight!
Rocky Stone comfortably won the final round on my scorecard.
I think Stone has won this one but let's see whether the judges agree with me. Over to the ring announcer for the scorecards.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 3 rounds of action, we go to the scorecards for a decision.

Judge Frank Dennis scores the fight for Rocky Stone!
Judge Alan Glass scores the fight for Rocky Stone!
Judge George Francis scores the fight for Rocky Stone!

And the winner by unanimous decision.... Rocky "Hands of" Stone!

Rocky fans erupt from the crowd of 4699 at Sparta's Palace. His hand held high in victory as the Unanimous Decision was announced at Syn' 91: New Horizons. Smile on his face, sweat covering his tattooed body as his cornermen, Chris Karter and Chance Berry, one of Convicted Fight Club's boxing coaches, were standing near him clapping and posing for the hundreds of flashing cameras. Joe Hogan came into the cage with a microphone to talk to Rocky about his victory.

Joe "Rocky 'Hands of' Stone - not too bad for your Syn debut?"

Rocky "Yeah y'know, Kron Gracie's a tough guy."

Joe "He was a top contender in Syn's LHW division and a tough fight for you tonight, but you pulled through with the W - how do you feel?"

Rocky "I'd feel better if I got the knockout, my team mate Jesus Santos had a helluva knockout earlier, but a win's a win and you got to pay me bitches." Big charismatic smile showing off that shiny gold grill, fangs lighting up brilliantly in the camera flashes from the crowd.

Joe "Ha that's one way to look at it. Kron Gracie is an Abu Dhabi Champ and a black belt in jujitsu, yet you survived on the ground. Talk us through some of the action..." Highlights from the fight show up on the High Definition video screen above the cage.

Gracie drops back, looking for a kneebar! Stone looks panicked! The fighters roll across the mat, one looking to finish, one looking to escape. Stone looks to have wriggled free... Yes, he's got his leg free and he's dived into side control! Good work there from Stone as he takes the fight back to his feet!

Rocky "Fucker almost had me there, I know he's got that black belt and his specialty is submittin' guys.. I just listened to my corner and kept rollin' til my legs were outta it. I knew he wanted to keep me on the ground.. I couldn't let that happen."

Gracie takes a solid shot to the body. That one hurt him but he's trying not to show it.
Stone digs a good body shot into Gracie's ribs.

Rocky "He kept backin' up from me, I had to work the body."

Stone goes to the watering hole and comes back with a big thumbs up from the judges as he scores a three punch combo.

Rocky "Mhm..."

Boom, another hit is landed. "You're gunna get knocked out" taunts Stone, as that shot connected.

Rocky "Haha.."

Joe "Ha taunting him?"

Rocky "That's just me bein' me, I felt he was runnin from me most the day, and I started to get into my groove. Don't get me wrong, he can take a punch but if he took too many more of those he woulda been sleepin'."

Joe "You're a very charismatic person and an entertaining fighter, so what's the future hold for you?"

Rocky "You know I'll be back. I don't know when - but I'll be back. That's up to Chris and Franky. I'm just gonna go back to L.A. and keep training at Convicted Fight Club. I wanna do like Jin Sen and get some revenge :boxing: "

Joe "Only one person's ever beaten you, that's Magnus Machida."

Rocky "He's submitted me."

Joe "Twice."

Rocky "Don't rub it in."

Joe "Is he next?"

Rocky "I guess we'll see ;) .. I'd like to thank Convicted Fight Club n' all my coaches, Chris Karter, Tony Harris, everybody back home in Tampa. I'll be back."

Joe "Well it's been a pleasure man take it easy and best of luck in the future. Ladies and Gentlemen, Rocky "Hands of" Stone!"

Rocky walks off with his crew. There was sure to be a party bus outside Sparta's Palace waiting for the Convict guys.