HBK has retired

Yeah, unfortunately Dylan won't be coming back to CFC anytime soon as his new management team has decided that Spencer needs significant work on his game before getting back into high level competition.
Dylan can kick, allright ... KICK! :P he can do flying gogo-kicks and scramble a bit on the ground, but thats it. impressive how HBK was able to get some W's in CFC with him. i sure know how to lose fights with fighters who can actually punch too though <_< , so grant me just a bit of time to show him how to throw a 1, 2 :).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dylan can kick, allright ... KICK! :P he can do flying gogo-kicks and scramble a bit on the ground, but thats it. impressive how HBK was able to get some W's in CFC with him. i sure know how to lose fights with fighters who can actually punch too though <_< , so grant me just a bit of time to show him how to throw a 1, 2 :).

That just confirms my suspicion that a lot of the project fighters floating around might have some considerable holes in some of their secondary stats :)

/me wonders what Lee Villa's are >_>

So...where did these guys land?

I had three guys shortlisted:

Milo Phillips went to Boondock

Pete Doherty went to Rayden

Rip James went to Me

That just confirms my suspicion that a lot of the project fighters floating around might have some considerable holes in some of their secondary stats :)

I've picked up a few FAs with great primaries before whose total skill gain have been less impressive than most of my guys.

Rip James went to Me

It's sort of funny. I was next in the queue to get Rip James (24 vs 25 overall ranked). Had I not asked Jae to take a somewhat short notice fight with Leonard Khan (which he won) on the 12th, I likely would have been ranked higher than him going into this process.

Doh!!!

I'm guessing that most of his fighters are typically heavy on primaries and not so good on secondaries, but that's just speculation from what a couple guys have said.

I'm off to go build my newest fighter. The timing worked out well for me anyhow as I wasn't happy with the fighter I dropepd to try to pick up one of these guys.

All's well that end's well. Or something.

It's always so fascinating to see how other people build their fighters.

Milo Phillips is.... "interesting" to say the least.

Come on... Now you have to say more. I'm guessing that HBK didn't spread his skill points around but spent them to the maximum on one thing. That's actually the way to go looking at it long term.

It looks like most people regret picking HBK's fighters up. :D I love it.

i was going to look at picking one of his guys up but i think HBK was a wizards at sliders and game plans more so than having fighters with sick stats

i was going to look at picking one of his guys up but i think HBK was a wizards at sliders and game plans more so than having fighters with sick stats

Justin Anthony, the guy i picked up, fought with the default sliders. Hah. Even with the interesting secondaries I don't regret the pick up. I was suprised but I think this guy is blessed with being a fast learner so it's fine. Just treating him as another project.

Justin Anthony, the guy i picked up, fought with the default sliders. Hah. Even with the interesting secondaries I don't regret the pick up. I was suprised but I think this guy is blessed with being a fast learner so it's fine. Just treating him as another project.

i would always reset my sliders before cutting a guy

It's always so fascinating to see how other people build their fighters.

Milo Phillips is.... "interesting" to say the least.

Funnily enough Andrew Carter is almost identical to one of my fighters, except he has much more KO power and self confidence.

I regretted picking him up to begin with, as from what I can tell he's not the fastest learner in the world, but I can see a lot of potential in him now, so I have changed my mind.

Haha Tiger Jones and Jim Daniels are now proud members of Convicted, and I'm sure Avon will release the beast in Jim ;)

Everybody isn't so happy with their fighters, me personally, I couldn't be happier with Tiger Jones, he has a great build and with my style, people better watch out B)

Thank you HBK but I'm very sorry for the unfortunate circumstances that you must be facing. Great build btw, all the way through.

Everybody isn't so happy with their fighters, me personally, I couldn't be happier with Tiger Jones, he has a great build and with my style, people better watch out B)

If I'm honest, I went with the established champ instead of a project just to see the build... and conclusion is NOTHING we don't already know when applied to REAL LIFE MMA:

1. Intangibles matter. Big Nog's heart is an example.. you can't "train" that into someone.

2. Styles make fights.

Phillips seems to be a genetically gifted (intangibles) fighter who is also a slow learner... but he WINS and you can't throw that out.

So we'll see where it goes. It's all good fun and I love the peek into HBK's brain and building.

That said, godspeed to HBK and all that he has going on. And HBK.... if you EVER join back up and choose a random alias to stay anonymous... hit me up PM style. I'll not say a word and be glad to have you back. We wish you the best bro.