TWW news The exclusive most have been waiting for. (Mentor)

I think that a fair punishment for Mentor would be the Steel Penn Treatment.

- Take his org and put for General Sale

- Take all his VIP days

- Release all his fighters from his roster

- Take all his Tycoon Cash and give to NOOB Fund

- Basically, reset his account, make him have to start over from scratch

• Upvote 1

I don't give permission for multis. If people say they have friends and family that want to play, obviously some of those are going to be multis, so I accept that some people have multis. However, I do not allow people to just have multis and never have. I tell people if they want to have "friends and family" whatever that means, that they can't interact financially, join the same gyms or fight in eachother's orgs. Like I say, I know that some of those are multis but I am not going to ban proper friends and family from playing together, just to stop those people. There's no way around it.

Maybe some people have boasted about asking me and I've said it's OK. Maybe they've said they've duped me or maybe they've said I allow multis. Whatever... there's not a lot I can do about that.

As for this situation, I don't know where the truth lies in terms of what I have said to Mentor. Maybe I did ask him to test something ages ago, maybe I didn't. These accounts are 3 years old and I can barely remember what I have said to any individual person a couple of months ago.

I will need to have a look at what's happened and see what needs doing.

Well Mentor seems to think he was given permission & I have had numerous other people tell me the same. You're probably right in the sense that they're giving you some BS line about a sibling to get you to say yes and just not telling that version of events when they say they got permission. Still I think if he gets a severe punishment then every IP address should be investigated as thoroughly or that's just unfair. If that happening would monopolize all your time then I say time can be spent better elsewhere but I guess it is what it is at this point. I certainly won't shed any tears for the guy.

Not to be a dick rider, but I really respect the way you run shit, even if it doesn't please everyone.

I agree, I don't always like everything but Mike is the man & I'll be around for a long time if this game is around

• Upvote 1

Well Mentor seems to think he was given permission & I have had numerous other people tell me the same. You're probably right in the sense that they're giving you some BS line about a sibling to get you to say yes and just not telling that version of events when they say they got permission. Still I think if he gets a severe punishment then every IP address should be investigated as thoroughly or that's just unfair. If that happening would monopolize all your time then I say time can be spent better elsewhere but I guess it is what it is at this point. I certainly won't shed any tears for the guy.

I agree, I don't always like everything but Mike is the man & I'll be around for a long time if this game is around

I'm not gunna lie - I have had things like "X has a multi" and just totally ignored it because I couldn't be doing with the stress of dealing with it. But I've never told anyone it's OK to have a multi. Sometimes people pm me as ask if it's OK to have one. I either say no or just ignore the request.

I don't give permission for multis. If people say they have friends and family that want to play, obviously some of those are going to be multis, so I accept that some people have multis. However, I do not allow people to just have multis and never have. I tell people if they want to have "friends and family" whatever that means, that they can't interact financially, join the same gyms or fight in eachother's orgs. Like I say, I know that some of those are multis but I am not going to ban proper friends and family from playing together, just to stop those people. There's no way around it.

Maybe some people have boasted about asking me and I've said it's OK. Maybe they've said they've duped me or maybe they've said I allow multis. Whatever... there's not a lot I can do about that.

As for this situation, I don't know where the truth lies in terms of what I have said to Mentor. Maybe I did ask him to test something ages ago, maybe I didn't. These accounts are 3 years old and I can barely remember what I have said to any individual person a couple of months ago.

I will need to have a look at what's happened and see what needs doing.

I'm gonna go ahead and read between the lines here and say you had asked Mentor to test something for you 3 yrs ago via a multi account and he took that and ran with it. Sound about right?

Sim games need testers from time to time so that would be understandable. However, if that was the initial situation and Mentor has since carried on with his antics, there needs to be something done to set an example. I admit I have said critical things of you Mike, some in jest and some not, but you need to do something to put a stop to this type of behavior. Cheating is cheating and while it may seem easier to allow then deal with it, I assure you it is costing you players and money in the long run. I know of one such player who donated quite a lot to this game in his time here and though his departure was linked more towards updates, he has mentioned your not doing things about issues such as this also played a factor in his leaving.

Anyway, obviously I can't tell you what to do but I would advise you to do something, and quickly.

• Upvote 1

Well Mentor said that he makes 8 million dollars ($) / year.

So how about he can get to keep his org and stuff but he has to pay Mike Tycoon a little fine of 50-100 Thousand dollars. Its a piss in the ocean for this multi millionaire. Money that can be used to make this game even better.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43122&p=555826

I'm not gunna lie - I have had things like "X has a multi" and just totally ignored it because I couldn't be doing with the stress of dealing with it. But I've never told anyone it's OK to have a multi. Sometimes people pm me as ask if it's OK to have one. I either say no or just ignore the request.

Understandable. I personally don't really care about nonsense like this. I'm all for putting more dollars in your pocket and keeping this game around as long as possible. I understand why other people get upset over this topic but I know you mentioned in the past that when you have to deal w/ this stuff it takes away from working on updates/changes and I'd rather have that stuff. Plus I always have the concern that resetting guys accounts will lead to them just leaving the game and we need more players not less in my opinion. I certainly would hate to see a guy who stuck w/ his org for 5 yrs and is so active with updates be stripped of everything despite my feelings towards him personally.

I know if my account was ever reset I would not start from scratch. Playing this game from the ground up would have no appeal to me whatsoever & keeping that thought in mind for me makes me really hesitant to do that to another manager. Nevertheless the guy created his own enemies and put his business out there so I guess he'll get what's coming to him.

• Upvote 2

Understandable. I personally don't really care about nonsense like this. I'm all for putting more dollars in your pocket and keeping this game around as long as possible. I understand why other people get upset over this topic but I know you mentioned in the past that when you have to deal w/ this stuff it takes away from working on updates/changes and I'd rather have that stuff. Plus I always have the concern that resetting guys accounts will lead to them just leaving the game and we need more players not less in my opinion. I certainly would hate to see a guy who stuck w/ his org for 5 yrs and is so active with updates be stripped of everything despite my feelings towards him personally.

I know if my account was ever reset I would not start from scratch. Playing this game from the ground up would have no appeal to me whatsoever & keeping that thought in mind for me makes me really hesitant to do that to another manager. Nevertheless the guy created his own enemies and put his business out there so I guess he'll get what's coming to him.

there is a punishment to pay for cheating the standard is to reset the account. we cant worry about whether or not he wont come back i might not keep playing if cheating is allowed as well as many others. So point is you could lose one person the cheater or could lose so many more because they dont want to play a game that is unfair.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

there is a punishment to pay for cheating the standard is to reset the account. we cant worry about whether or not he wont come back i might not keep playing if cheating is allowed as well as many others. So point is you have the could lose one person the cheater or could lose so many more because they dont want to play a game that is unfair.

^^^^

This

• Upvote 1

I tried saying on the Castor Told Me Mentor Is a multi thread that new players will be less likely to play the game if experienced players hold an unfair advantage over them and just got blown off and told that the new players could just make their own multis. The way I see it, I would rather have a new player who plays fairly than an old player who cheats.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

OK, so let’s get this sorted.

My standpoint / the fundamentals;

Going back 3 years I can’t see a reason I would have asked at any point for multiple accounts to be created for testing. I have never given permission for anyone to have more than one account. Nor will I ever, so don’t bother asking.

In terms of the advantages gained in this instance.

1. Booking fights to fill out cards. (Total of 20 fights, last year). In all but 2 events, this will have had virtually no impact on the event ratings, the way they are calculated. It’s obviously naughty and against the rules but in terms of actual gains, it’s maybe 2 points per event on the rating if it’s a 10th fight. When it’s 3 fights per card, that’s more significant, which happened twice. Not sure on total points; maybe 30-50.
  2. Holding a nutrition company and being the event partner. I wouldn’t even let family members do this, so it’s very arrogant. It’s also a competitive advantage financially. Mentor has been pretty helpful explaining things in terms of finances. He says he reckons just under £2m has gone through the nutrition company, which could have gone elsewhere. That elsewhere would have been a different alliance company but we’ll still call it £2m gained.
  3. Using an account to merge an org. I would imagine other people have done this but again, it’s kinda lazily arrogant. No particular competitive advantage, just making things easier.

Now, people are calling for this to be dealt with in the same way as the Steel Penn situation. That’s perfectly fine, however, I doubt you would say that if you remembered the situation properly.

Steel Penn initially was tarnished with the multi brush so we just deleted the suspected multis and got on with it so I could do some work, because it had taken up 2 days of my time and it wasn’t particularly clear cut what had gone on. Effectively just leaving his damaged reputation as sufficient punishment. I am surprised by this in hindsight but there you go. I must have been very stressed at the time and not wanted to deal with the drama.

He actually got his account deleted because he acted like a complete cock after that decision was made. Here are a couple of the relevant posts from that thread;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&p=410517 – my post
http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&p=410934 - some of his nonsense

So, now we’ve accepted there is basically no precedent at all, this is the punishment I have decided upon:

- Obviously the two multi accounts deleted. (51190 and 47180).
- 600 day VIP fine. This is a pretty much arbitrary number because he as 698 days left.
- £10m in game fine for the org. $5m payable now. $5m within 6 months.
N.B. current balance is £2.5m. Total all time event revenue-expense is around $46m.
- Org hype changed to 100.
- Anyone allowed to leave the org that wants to, until they accept their next fight. Not including fighters signed since the 25th.Time limit 15 days unless you have a fight booked after that already.
pm me if you want to leave with the fighter ID.

I pondered removing all fighters and manager hype from Mentor’s account but Mentor’s never been a ‘fighters manager’ and his fighters don’t look great anyway so it doesn’t feel like a punishment. That could be a punishment for someone else doing something similar in the future.

Anyway, the misdemeanours were done with the intention of benefiting the org, therefore it is the org that’s been the focus of the sanctions, because that is what’s valued.

Now, for people who think there should be zero tolerance and that any multi should be deleted because that’s what it says in the rules. I can appreciate that standpoint. However, it’s pretty much asking for carnage and incessant accusations. Nobody’s ever going to admit anything if it’s an insta-ban punishment system, therefore I have to THOROUGHLY investigate every single accusation and would literally never get anything done.

I would rather people cooperated and know they’re going to get a sensible punishment. Or at least what I think is a sensible punishment.

I am confident nobody would go “well I’d risk multi-ing if that’s all the punishment will be” and I think that’s a decent barometer.

OK, that is all. If we can accept that and move on, I’ll do my best to get the new manager rankings system done by Monday night, which was my target before all this kicked off. I wanted it done by Tuesday this week just gone but an “unfortunate BBQ related incident” last weekend had me incapacitated for most of the week.

• Upvote 19

Going back 3 years I can’t see a reason I would have asked at any point for multiple accounts to be created for testing. I have never given permission for anyone to have more than one account. Nor will I ever, so don’t bother asking.

1. Booking fights to fill out cards. (Total of 20 fights, last year). In all but 2 events, this will have had virtually no impact on the event ratings, the way they are calculated. It’s obviously naughty and against the rules but in terms of actual gains, it’s maybe 2 points per event on the rating if it’s a 10th fight. When it’s 3 fights per card, that’s more significant, which happened twice. Not sure on total points; maybe 30-50.
  2. Holding a nutrition company and being the event partner. I wouldn’t even let family members do this, so it’s very arrogant. It’s also a competitive advantage financially. Mentor has been pretty helpful explaining things in terms of finances. He says he reckons just under £2m has gone through the nutrition company, which could have gone elsewhere. That elsewhere would have been a different alliance company but we’ll still call it £2m gained.
  3. Using an account to merge an org. I would imagine other people have done this but again, it’s kinda lazily arrogant. No particular competitive advantage, just making things easier.

Now, people are calling for this to be dealt with in the same way as the Steel Penn situation. That’s perfectly fine, however, I doubt you would say that if you remembered the situation properly.

Steel Penn initially was tarnished with the multi brush so we just deleted the suspected multis and got on with it so I could do some work, because it had taken up 2 days of my time and it wasn’t particularly clear cut what had gone on. Effectively just leaving his damaged reputation as sufficient punishment. I am surprised by this in hindsight but there you go. I must have been very stressed at the time and not wanted to deal with the drama.

He actually got his account deleted because he acted like a complete cock after that decision was made. Here are a couple of the relevant posts from that thread;

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34016&p=410934 - some of his nonsense

So, now we’ve accepted there is basically no precedent at all, this is the punishment I have decided upon:

- 600 day VIP fine. This is a pretty much arbitrary number because he as 698 days left.

N.B. current balance is £2.5m. Total all time event revenue-expense is around $46m.

- Anyone allowed to leave the org that wants to, until they accept their next fight. Not including fighters signed since the 25th.Time limit 15 days unless you have a fight booked after that already. pm me if you want to leave with the fighter ID.

I pondered removing all fighters and manager hype from Mentor’s account but Mentor’s never been a ‘fighters manager’ and his fighters don’t look great anyway so it doesn’t feel like a punishment. That could be a punishment for someone else doing something similar in the future.

Anyway, the misdemeanours were done with the intention of benefiting the org, therefore it is the org that’s been the focus of the sanctions, because that is what’s valued.

Now, for people who think there should be zero tolerance and that any multi should be deleted because that’s what it says in the rules. I can appreciate that standpoint. However, it’s pretty much asking for carnage and incessant accusations. Nobody’s ever going to admit anything if it’s an insta-ban punishment system, therefore I have to THOROUGHLY investigate every single accusation and would literally never get anything done.

I would rather people cooperated and know they’re going to get a sensible punishment. Or at least what I think is a sensible punishment.

I am confident nobody would go “well I’d risk multi-ing if that’s all the punishment will be” and I think that’s a decent barometer.

OK, that is all. If we can accept that and move on, I’ll do my best to get the new manager rankings system done by Monday night, which was my target before all this kicked off. I wanted it done by Tuesday this week just gone but an “unfortunate BBQ related incident” last weekend had me incapacitated for most of the week.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

If there was a standing ovation I would've given you that

• Upvote 1

- Anyone allowed to leave the org that wants to, until they accept their next fight. Not including fighters signed since the 25th.Time limit 15 days unless you have a fight booked after that already. pm me if you want to leave with the fighter ID.

:thumbup:

The managers in GAMMA, will they get a PM so they will know that they are allowed to leave?

And the 10 Million fine, will it go in to the NOOB Fund?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Anyone allowed to leave the org that wants to, until they accept their next fight. Not including fighters signed since the 25th.Time limit 15 days unless you have a fight booked after that already. pm me if you want to leave with the fighter ID."

Lets say someone gets a fight offer tomorrow and accepts the fights, they might not be aware that they can get released, so, will they get a PM to let them know that they are free to go? So they can make a decision.

Nicely done Mr. Tycoon.

• Upvote 1

Will he loose the hype right now or after the olympics? Because he will get huge hyperatings because of the high hyped fights

How about, he doesnt get any hyperatings for these events?

Just a little curious.

EDIT: Good job Mike Tycoon. Very good job.