TWW news The exclusive most have been waiting for. (Mentor)

Well, I can't really say I'm surprised. I think Mentor is an arrogant prick who literally believes he is the Don Corleone of this game based on some of the comments that have been made over the last few days. The first thing that really makes me laugh is his utter belief that Syn is trying to screw over the Olympics. Clearly he does not know Dark_Soul very well. His mail to his alliance about avoiding Syn also gave me a good laugh because he accuses Syn of TWICE dropping out of competitions they were supposed to hold when really it was he Mentor who backed out of their arrangement. Funny how good this guy is at lying and advising history. When that whole Syn/GAMMA thread happened I had absolutely 0 past experience or opinions on Mentor and I went to him as a 3rd party advocate to try to make both the Syn vs. GAMMA event happen as well as the Tycoon Olympics the first time around. When I went to Mentor about these things I tried to explain to him that 1st, the Tycoon Olympics idea was thrown out in the forums and was an open invitation that if he wanted to be part of he could have easily posted in the thread or shot a PM to Mega which he did neither. Mega ended up not inviting GAMMA for two reasons, the first was they didn't run all of the weight classes that were going to be used at the time. The following fights linked are GAMMA's 1st ever 145lbs title in Feb of 2014 and his 1st ever 155lbs title fight in September of 2013. (http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=633732 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=562633) Also 1 or 2 of the champions in the weight classes he DID run were fighters of managers who were planning to enter fighters from other orgs. I tried to explain all of this to Mentor but he didn't want to hear it. In his mind, the lack of an invitation was meant to be disrespectful to GAMMA and it proved that other orgs didn't take them seriously as a "top org." If you go back and look at the thread he came there super defensive and spouting off about how many top 1000 p4p fighters he has compared to this org and that org and how he should've gotten invited. Mentor flat out said in his PM that GEG would just run their own Olympics and within days of that PM the 2 GEG orgs who had previously agreed to be apart of the Olympics withdrew and needless to say the thing never got off the ground. I also reached out to him about the Syn vs. GAMMA situation. I knew from conversations w/ Louie that the whole thread was a hoax created between the 2 orgs to generate excitement for the coming rivalry. When suddenly it seemed like the event was falling apart both orgs were taking a lot of heat from the community but for some reason it seemed like Syn was taking more heat and Mentor was certainly doing his best to stir the pot in the direction. When I pm'd Mentor he basically admitted that it was HE who pulled out from the deal and the reason that he gave at that time was because GEG had just formed and he didn't have the depth/roster to be sending guys to super-fights in GEG orgs and also in Syn, and that he wanted to focus more on GEG at that time. Honestly, I have 0 issue w/ that and I doubt most of the community would've had an issue with it either if he just came out and said so. What I took great issue with however was his admission behind closed doors (a PM i shared w/ the chatroom btw) while continuing his public pile on of Syn. Finally (if u go back in the thread it will show this) Louie became so fed up w/ the heat he and his org were taking over Mentor backing out that he conceded and agreed to send all of his fighters to GAMMA just to make the thing happen and save face. Mentor of course tried to jump on this opportunity and when Louie later wised up and recinded the offer he again dog piled on the rabbit to publically make Syn look bad.

After that experience (despite having 0 prior opinions or dealings w/ him) I decided that Mentor really was just not a great guy & was somebody I decided I would avoid at all costs in the future. To be quite honest, I have avoided pretty much everybody who has associates with him as well & have not fought for any GEG orgs since then. (since it appeared when they pulled out of the Olympics out of loyalty or whatever that he was the ring leader and they mere puppets) That's probably a mistake on my part because I had years of dealings and history w/ Mike Thomas and still to this day have a lot of respect for the guy and probably shouldn't have just painted him w/ the same brush due to being guilty by association and for that I publically apologize. Needless to say when I heard that NGF was purchased by GEG/GAMMA I immediately sent Mentor a PM to inform him on 1, why that purchase was going to fail (can't say I didn't warn you) and 2, i re-stated my desire to have nothing to do w/ him or those associated w/ him and asked for the release of my fighters and a few alliance fighters. Again, that was probably a bit harsh and unfair to Rogelio Cottonfloss who has come across as nothing but a class act in my dealings w/ him but I had a very strong desire to avoid that guy at all costs and have made the mistake of allowing that mindset to make me paint others w/ the same brush when they were probably undeserving of that, so again my apologies to Rogelio. (The main reason I did leave was I assumed & was right that they'd try to poach the top guys and that org would lose it's weight class depth which is why i stayed there. Which was the initial plan until nobody wanted to fight for Mentor and they realized the deal would be a complete failure unless they just ran the org as is). During this exchange w/ Mentor over NGF we had a few very pleasant PM's in game as well as about an hour conversation in PM in the chat room. My original opinion of this guy was confirmed when he came in & was completely arrogant and taking shots at pretty much every other org owner out there (including ones in the Olympics.) The guy flat out told me in PM that I would greatly regret going against him and the GEG/LOD because he's better "connected" then Scott Davies, Dinooo, Louie and Mega combined. He even went as far as saying that Mega won't be "gifted another Empire" and that eventually that org would take a step back and I'd be left on the outside looking in. (Might understand why I believe this guy really thinks he's Don Corleone of the game lol) Like really? How arrogant is this guy? He clearly has 0 respect for these other org owners & is only taking part in this Olympics because he helped re-start the idea and seems to think he has a large level of control in it. To me this guy is pure scum and I stand by my decisions to avoid him at all costs. With that said, I still hope the Olympics goes off because this isn't just about Mentor, in fact really its not about him at all & I think it'll be the biggest tournament in Tycoon history.

Concerning the multi thing. I dunno how to feel about this. I know of many other multi cases and a lot of them got direct permission from Mike. Sure he tells them to not get caught and don't interact with each other, but if the guy is giving permission for multi's it gives the impression he doesn't really care about them & it's hard for me to get behind a witch-hunt/hanging when the owner of the game really doesn't mind it that much. There are examples like Ztarken and Steel Penn where a big enough stink about it gets made and something is done. But for every example like that there is Moyses Mattos (who had multi's, did learning speed and hidden tests and cut all the good ones to pick up on his main account) and Brian/Isidra who most knew was the same guy and owned MIFC/MIFC Contenders (yes mike knew) so i'm really indifferent on that situation & any punishment that would get handed out, which is probably surprising considering my dislike for the guy. I won't feel too strongly either way on that topic

edit - Mike note. What the fuck... I don't give permission for multis. If people say they have friends and family that want to play, obviously some of those are going to be multis, so I accept that some people have multis. However, I do not allow people to just have multis and never have. I tell people if they want to have "friends and family" whatever that means, that they can't interact financially, join the same gyms or fight in eachother's orgs. Like I say, I know that some of those are multis but I am not going to ban proper friends and family from playing together, just to stop those people. There's no way around it.

• Upvote 9

Well, I can't really say I'm surprised. I think Mentor is an arrogant prick who literally believes he is the Don Corleone of this game based on some of the comments that have been made over the last few days. The first thing that really makes me laugh is his utter belief that Syn is trying to screw over the Olympics. Clearly he does not know Dark_Soul very well. His mail to his alliance about avoiding Syn also gave me a good laugh because he accuses Syn of TWICE dropping out of competitions they were supposed to hold when really it was he Mentor who backed out of their arrangement. Funny how good this guy is at lying and advising history. When that whole Syn/GAMMA thread happened I had absolutely 0 past experience or opinions on Mentor and I went to him as a 3rd party advocate to try to make both the Syn vs. GAMMA event happen as well as the Tycoon Olympics the first time around. When I went to Mentor about these things I tried to explain to him that 1st, the Tycoon Olympics idea was thrown out in the forums and was an open invitation that if he wanted to be part of he could have easily posted in the thread or shot a PM to Mega which he did neither. Mega ended up not inviting GAMMA for two reasons, the first was they didn't run all of the weight classes that were going to be used at the time. The following fights linked are GAMMA's 1st ever 145lbs title in Feb of 2014 and his 1st ever 155lbs title fight in September of 2013. (http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=633732 and http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=562633) Also 1 or 2 of the champions in the weight classes he DID run were fighters of managers who were planning to enter fighters from other orgs. I tried to explain all of this to Mentor but he didn't want to hear it. In his mind, the lack of an invitation was meant to be disrespectful to GAMMA and it proved that other orgs didn't take them seriously as a "top org." If you go back and look at the thread he came there super defensive and spouting off about how many top 1000 p4p fighters he has compared to this org and that org and how he should've gotten invited. Mentor flat out said in his PM that GEG would just run their own Olympics and within days of that PM the 2 GEG orgs who had previously agreed to be apart of the Olympics withdrew and needless to say the thing never got off the ground. I also reached out to him about the Syn vs. GAMMA situation. I knew from conversations w/ Louie that the whole thread was a hoax created between the 2 orgs to generate excitement for the coming rivalry. When suddenly it seemed like the event was falling apart both orgs were taking a lot of heat from the community but for some reason it seemed like Syn was taking more heat and Mentor was certainly doing his best to stir the pot in the direction. When I pm'd Mentor he basically admitted that it was HE who pulled out from the deal and the reason that he gave at that time was because GEG had just formed and he didn't have the depth/roster to be sending guys to super-fights in GEG orgs and also in Syn, and that he wanted to focus more on GEG at that time. Honestly, I have 0 issue w/ that and I doubt most of the community would've had an issue with it either if he just came out and said so. What I took great issue with however was his admission behind closed doors (a PM i shared w/ the chatroom btw) while continuing his public pile on of Syn. Finally (if u go back in the thread it will show this) Louie became so fed up w/ the heat he and his org were taking over Mentor backing out that he conceded and agreed to send all of his fighters to GAMMA just to make the thing happen and save face. Mentor of course tried to jump on this opportunity and when Louie later wised up and recinded the offer he again dog piled on the rabbit to publically make Syn look bad.

After that experience (despite having 0 prior opinions or dealings w/ him) I decided that Mentor really was just not a great guy & was somebody I decided I would avoid at all costs in the future. To be quite honest, I have avoided pretty much everybody who has associates with him as well & have not fought for any GEG orgs since then. (since it appeared when they pulled out of the Olympics out of loyalty or whatever that he was the ring leader and they mere puppets) That's probably a mistake on my part because I had years of dealings and history w/ Mike Thomas and still to this day have a lot of respect for the guy and probably shouldn't have just painted him w/ the same brush due to being guilty by association and for that I publically apologize. Needless to say when I heard that NGF was purchased by GEG/GAMMA I immediately sent Mentor a PM to inform him on 1, why that purchase was going to fail (can't say I didn't warn you) and 2, i re-stated my desire to have nothing to do w/ him or those associated w/ him and asked for the release of my fighters and a few alliance fighters. Again, that was probably a bit harsh and unfair to Rogelio Cottonfloss who has come across as nothing but a class act in my dealings w/ him but I had a very strong desire to avoid that guy at all costs and have made the mistake of allowing that mindset to make me paint others w/ the same brush when they were probably undeserving of that, so again my apologies to Rogelio. (The main reason I did leave was I assumed & was right that they'd try to poach the top guys and that org would lose it's weight class depth which is why i stayed there. Which was the initial plan until nobody wanted to fight for Mentor and they realized the deal would be a complete failure unless they just ran the org as is). During this exchange w/ Mentor over NGF we had a few very pleasant PM's in game as well as about an hour conversation in PM in the chat room. My original opinion of this guy was confirmed when he came in & was completely arrogant and taking shots at pretty much every other org owner out there (including ones in the Olympics.) The guy flat out told me in PM that I would greatly regret going against him and the GEG/LOD because he's better "connected" then Scott Davies, Dinooo, Louie and Mega combined. He even went as far as saying that Mega won't be "gifted another Empire" and that eventually that org would take a step back and I'd be left on the outside looking in. (Might understand why I believe this guy really thinks he's Don Corleone of the game lol) Like really? How arrogant is this guy? He clearly has 0 respect for these other org owners & is only taking part in this Olympics because he helped re-start the idea and seems to think he has a large level of control in it. To me this guy is pure scum and I stand by my decisions to avoid him at all costs. With that said, I still hope the Olympics goes off because this isn't just about Mentor, in fact really its not about him at all & I think it'll be the biggest tournament in Tycoon history.

Concerning the multi thing. I dunno how to feel about this. I know of many other multi cases and a lot of them got direct permission from Mike. Sure he tells them to not get caught and don't interact with each other, but if the guy is giving permission for multi's it gives the impression he doesn't really care about them & it's hard for me to get behind a witch-hunt/hanging when the owner of the game really doesn't mind it that much. There are examples like Ztarken and Steel Penn where a big enough stink about it gets made and something is done. But for every example like that there is Moyses Mattos (who had multi's, did learning speed and hidden tests and cut all the good ones to pick up on his main account) and Brian/Isidra who most knew was the same guy and owned MIFC/MIFC Contenders (yes mike knew) so i'm really indifferent on that situation & any punishment that would get handed out, which is probably surprising considering my dislike for the guy. I won't feel too strongly either way on that topic

This is the pure and simple fact of the matter and my point entirely in Castrated's thread about Mentors cheating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This is the pure and simple fact of the matter and my point entirely in Castrated's thread about Mentors cheating.

I don't want to sound like I support/condone any of these activities. I think using multi's to help mergers and stuff is definitely a big no-no. I don't think these accounts should be allowed to interact if they're allowed but I just take the mindset of if it's not effecting my enjoyment of the game/or screwing me in anyway & it's not abusing noobs and turning new players off the game then I don't really care what people are doing w/ their accounts, especially if it's stuff that Mike pretty much allows. And, if that is the way it's going to be handled then it should be handled that way across the board at all times and not just when there is a big enough dislike for a guy that the community demands his head. I'm not big on witch hunts

• Upvote 3

I don't want to sound like I support/condone any of these activities. I think using multi's to help mergers and stuff is definitely a big no-no. I don't think these accounts should be allowed to interact if they're allowed but I just take the mindset of if it's not effecting my enjoyment of the game/or screwing me in anyway & it's not abusing noobs and turning new players off the game then I don't really care what people are doing w/ their accounts, especially if it's stuff that Mike pretty much allows. And, if that is the way it's going to be handled then it should be handled that way across the board at all times and not just when there is a big enough dislike for a guy that the community demands his head. I'm not big on witch hunts

You hit that nail right on the head, again.

Agree 100%

I forget everything involved in your deal. I just remember your Reyn account got the hammer brought down on it and you came back as Umberts. Nobody could ever forget about you. BTW Luka ended up being a bum. (probably mostly my fault)

+1 from the bottom of my ♥.

This is a Game no need to cheat. Mentor has helped a lot with me when i first joined the game but every time i wanted to grow or try something he was always saying org shouldn’t be that big or why you signing fighters that high P4P. I enjoy this game but the amount of multys forum threads that keep popping up makes me think is it really worth paying the VIP i do to play the game???

Mike i know you make money of the VIP but if there is some way you can tell if people have multys please put a stop to it and do a forum thread about it and see people squirm.

Looks like everyone is ganging up on him when im sure not everyone is perfect and there are far more people on the game with more than one account.

If he has cheated punish him but don’t everyone get on at him. Best thing to do is to admit it so this circus can stop.

This is a Game no need to cheat. Mentor has helped a lot with me when i first joined the game but every time i wanted to grow or try something he was always saying org shouldn’t be that big or why you signing fighters that high P4P. I enjoy this game but the amount of multys forum threads that keep popping up makes me think is it really worth paying the VIP i do to play the game???

Mike i know you make money of the VIP but if there is some way you can tell if people have multys please put a stop to it and do a forum thread about it and see people squirm.

Looks like everyone is ganging up on him when im sure not everyone is perfect and there are far more people on the game with more than one account.

If he has cheated punish him but don’t everyone get on at him. Best thing to do is to admit it so this circus can stop.

He's getting bashed on because of how much trash he's been talking. Defend him all you want but he brought this on himself by disrespecting people and getting called on out his cheating. He created his own enemies.

• Upvote 1

He's getting bashed on because of how much trash he's been talking. Defend him all you want but he brought this on himself by disrespecting people and getting called on out his cheating. He created his own enemies.

This basically sums it up better than I could.

Also, if I were a person who used multi's, I wouldn't be slagging him off as it would only reflect worse on me when I inevitably get caught.

• Upvote 1

This basically sums it up better than I could.

Also, if I were a person who used multi's, I wouldn't be slagging him off as it would only reflect worse on me when I inevitably get caught.

Im not defending him i just dont like when people gang up its a form of bullying. Like i said if he been cought out then punish him to the maximum. By a long strech im not defending him he use to tell me my org was not good enough and shouldnt be competing with His gamma contenders org which has since shut.

Id like to see how many multys there acutally are would be so funny

Im not defending him i just dont like when people gang up its a form of bullying. Like i said if he been cought out then punish him to the maximum. By a long strech im not defending him he use to tell me my org was not good enough and shouldnt be competing with His gamma contenders org which has since shut.

Id like to see how many multys there acutally are would be so funny

lmao :guitar:

Did he make you an offer you couldnt refuse?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think anybody is really defending him GBK16. It's just that if this is how we choose to deal w/ multi's then the same amount of effort/investigation should be put forth to every single IP match there is. Not just when a member of the community is disliked or pissing guys off by stealing all the FA's (like Ztarken) & a thread gets made about it. Otherwise you're not being fair & impartial, you're allowing a faction who dislikes a guy to try pushing him out or punish him. I don't support that, if we choose to act it should always happen.

With that being said, Humors investigation of Ztarken was so thorough he knew which accounts only created spar bots & owned gyms while not using sessions. His detective work was ridiculous but Mike doesn't oust guys on community input. He starts his OWN investigation, which can take a week or 3 (because he WAS the only programmer as of a PM to Manfred maybe 1.5/2 yrs ago, maybe that changed). It took weeks til punishment was handed down & thats ONE investigation......

• Upvote 1

All that time that got spent on Ztarken was time that took away from updates/changes he was working on & he even admitted as much. So if we wanna do this & in turn investigate every IP match as thoroughly then that's fine but we'll never see another update in this game if we go that route & I personally would rather address the game issues over spending all our time on witch hunts especially when Mike is way less concerned w/ this stuff then we all seem to be.

I wish he'd save us the headache every couple months & change the rule & just say avoid blatant abuse or expect the hammer

• Upvote 1

I was going to do a quote of shortfuses's early longer quote (to facilitate flow for those who don't backtrack), but it would be too long.

First of all, thanks for the apology shortfuse.

I wasn't going to quote it but direct quotes seem to be helpful. Early on in the merger process (I think after I arrived) I wrote to you (there was more in the message): "Well, even if in the end you are set and you know other guys are set to abandon ship, could you enlighten me on the politics and other dynamics involved? Is it simply just the issue of a game and a matter of integrity so as not to interact with LOD guys?"

I have opted not to comment on things directly per se because they will sort themselves out. (Although it is interesting that one of the identified potential multi accounts has been involved pretty early with the orgs I have been involved with...with one now being my only staff member at NGF as Peel should be starting his new project soon---just checked, has already started his new project.)

I do want to mention "integrity" however. I understand that while shortfuse has identified two people, including myself, that he may have painted with a large brush due to association with GEG/LOD/GAMMA, I recognize it was also your attempt to operate with integrity and stand on conviction. (and to simply avoid those associated with Mentor).

We will see what unfolds.

I don't think anybody is really defending him GBK16. It's just that if this is how we choose to deal w/ multi's then the same amount of effort/investigation should be put forth to every single IP match there is. Not just when a member of the community is disliked or pissing guys off by stealing all the FA's (like Ztarken) & a thread gets made about it. Otherwise you're not being fair & impartial, you're allowing a faction who dislikes a guy to try pushing him out or punish him. I don't support that, if we choose to act it should always happen.

With that being said, Humors investigation of Ztarken was so thorough he knew which accounts only created spar bots & owned gyms while not using sessions. His detective work was ridiculous but Mike doesn't oust guys on community input. He starts his OWN investigation, which can take a week or 3 (because he WAS the only programmer as of a PM to Manfred maybe 1.5/2 yrs ago, maybe that changed). It took weeks til punishment was handed down & thats ONE investigation......

I meant KBeasts part about him bringing this all on himself. I don't think I see anyone defending him anymore. The main thing that made people turn was that he was very blasé about the whole thing afterwards and started implying that someone went into the chatroom pretending to be him. He just acted arrogantly afterwards which is what made people turn on him.