Blitzkrieg FC presents... The Ultimate Manager II!

Up till Sunday, I'll be adding anyone outside of the top 10% who applies to the list as it (as long as in they are range, say at worst top 15%) when we rank again. Anyone in the top 15% will be allowed to participate in the alternate tournament regardless.

Will there be any attempt to place alliance managers in different brackets ? I've got three alliance mates in the tournament, would hate to fight them in the first round.

Sadly, no. The brackets will be decided by rankings as that is the best way to seed this entire tournament. However, its highly unlikely that you face your alliance mates round one.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Terror Factory wants to be represented in this tournament.

We will utilize our connections, kidnapping, and ransom to compensate if our ranking is too high.

[24019]

Up till Sunday, I'll be adding anyone outside of the top 10% who applies to the list as it (as long as in they are range, say at worst top 15%) when we rank again. Anyone in the top 15% will be allowed to participate in the alternate tournament regardless.

Sadly, no. The brackets will be decided by rankings as that is the best way to seed this entire tournament. However, its highly unlikely that you face your alliance mates round one.

Had to ask, thanks for the reply.

just hit 999th :graduated: , feeling pretty good

:OMG: *sniff* i still don't think I'm going to make the cut *sniff* :weeping:

guess ill just have to roll on outta here

:wheelchair:

*I'm still in though :hello: , to avoid confusion*

I'm assuming you mean something like:

48 people get direct entry into the tournament.

32 people have a preliminary round to decide the last 16.

If so, that would not be possible. Here's the reasons why:

a) Most importantly, it cuts into the training times for those 32 drastically. It can take about a week to recover from a fight. This means that the lower ranked managers are being put at a disadvantage in comparison to the higher ranked ones. This hardly sounds right.

B) Alternates are very important. As this is a very long tournament, which doesn't even start the first round till 3+ months from now, i'm surely expecting people to drop out. People quit the game, get busy in life or just lose interest, its just natural. Currently, the alternate tournament will go along at the same time as the main one, this will mean any of the alternates will be eligible to step in whenever needed. Out of 16 participants last time, we had 2 people drop out. If that ratio is assumed to hold true, it means at least 8 people will drop out this time.

Thats why we can't do that kind of thing.

I'm assuming you mean something like:

48 people get direct entry into the tournament.

32 people have a preliminary round to decide the last 16.

If so, that would not be possible. Here's the reasons why:

a) Most importantly, it cuts into the training times for those 32 drastically. It can take about a week to recover from a fight. This means that the lower ranked managers are being put at a disadvantage in comparison to the higher ranked ones. This hardly sounds right.

B) Alternates are very important. As this is a very long tournament, which doesn't even start the first round till 3+ months from now, i'm surely expecting people to drop out. People quit the game, get busy in life or just lose interest, its just natural. Currently, the alternate tournament will go along at the same time as the main one, this will mean any of the alternates will be eligible to step in whenever needed. Out of 16 participants last time, we had 2 people drop out. If that ratio is assumed to hold true, it means at least 8 people will drop out this time.

Thats why we can't do that kind of thing.

Yes, the Top 64 entrants as of tonight will gain "entry". Anyone else who applied, but is outside the Top 64, or anyone who wants to join up from now through the start of the tournament, will be invited to participate as an "alternate".

This is how TUM I was run as well. In that case, the winner of the Alternate Bracket, Luther Pope, was the first title defense for the winner, Shane Falco: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=40494

I went back and forth on this, but I've finally decided to get in on this thing. Add me in, manager ID 2082. I am currently ranked 59.