GAMMA opens in Las Vegas

Mentor

• 3 weeks later...

GAMMA: Gossip#53

It has been a long time since i had a GAMMA Gossip, so i decided to get down to it. I plan to do one of these every month.

It is interesting because the last time i did one of these, GAMMA had a total of 94 top 1000 fighters (84 were in GAMMA, the rest were at our affiliates) and 20 top 200 fighters, we now have 109 top 1000 (92 in GAMMA, rest in the GAMMA affiliates) and 28 top 200 fighters. Frankly speaking i did not expect us to be able to expand any further because we literally lack space on the events to book fighters; we already run 5 events per month. I have already booked ahead of time and as of the early part of next year, I will run 6 events per month, this will give a little more space to book more frequent fights.

145lbs Division

Fabian Hoi has been screwing up the plans for the 145lbs division as of late, winning his title fights but losing when it matters in his super fights (his record in Super fights since joining is 1-3), the last KO he received was against legend Jameson Connemara. He will be going up against Lukasz Wolek in his next fight, this will be the conclusion of their trilogy. A loss for Hoi will mean his GAMMA career will come to an end.

155lbs Division

Fernando Prado has made a smooth transition to 155lbs winning the title which originally made him famous in GAMMA. He already has a defense of his title against Boma in a close majority decision win. He will be facing in form Hannibal Barca in his next fight.

Gonna Spanked should be considered a major contender for the division as well, after he made a decision to move down to 155lbs. In his last fight he beat future GAMMA HOF Krystian Wojnasiewicz in what was his last fight at 170lbs.

170lbs Division

Ray Lewis is once again king of the castle at 170lbs after getting a very close win over long time 170lbs champion Rufus McTearson. In his first defense he goes up against long time GAMMA veteran Stanly Williams. What is interesting is that although both fighters have been on the top end of the roster for a while, this is the first fight between the 2 fighters.

Oscar Boma has shown an interest in moving up to 170lbs for his next fight after his lost to Prado, he hopes to take advantage of his chin and KO power in the higher division, but at just 170 cm, he will likely be one of the shorter fighters in the division. His first fight will likely be against Rufus.

185lbs Division

After a slight slip against Ed Gennero, Matt Quin is back to his best and will be defending his title against GAMMA: Contender graduate Piotr Rokicki. Piotr has gone on an impressive 3-0 winning streak since being promoted beating solid long time veterans such as Willy Stoppers and Hektor Troy. He is currently riding a 10-0 winning streak; however without a doubt the fight against Matt is easily his biggest test to date.

205lbs Division

Joe Gage has been looking like a bully at 205lbs since being managed by David Brent. His only loss has come to Sotiris Kakoullis in a super fight. An interesting fact is that he has had 6 fights against Tony Siblas. From those 6 fights, 3 took place in AMS under 2 different managers, Joe was 1-2. He is 2-0-1 in GAMMA though, when Tony was being managed by Abe Beasley (105249). Now Tony has a new manager in Sean McDonnel, so a couple of wins could see the 2 go up against each other. The score is 3-2-1 at the moment.

Viv Richards is probably hoping that he can get his revenge after losing a close split decision for the first title fight. At 38y of age Viv is probably not your freshest cucumber in the salad, but nobody has ever doubted his ability.

265+lbs Division

Gunnar Steigelmann is currently holding onto 2 titles at the moment (Heavyweight and Super Heavyweight) after dominating Joe Jordan in their matchups. Gunnar’s story is very interesting because when he joined GAMMA he went 1-5 in his first 6 fights and was in serious risk of being cut, since then he went 20-5 and has been involved in 12 title fights, winning 16 fight of the night awards. If he can keep this up he should be pushing Kenichi Shirahama as the all time best 265/265+ fighter in GAMMA history. His job wont be easy though because pushing up the ranks are hungry and younger fighters such as Luis Torres, Sebastiaan Rutten, Gordus Clay, El Pintos, VG Beloff. Next up for Gunnar is Toni Eerkilaa. Tony will probably hope he can get his own win after initially losing to Gunnar, he asked for this fight, so he will want to perform in their upcoming title fight in 1 week time.

Other news

Willy Wonka

Willy has retired from GAMMA and the sport after 40 long fights in GAMMA. He is the all time submission king with 10 submissions. In his last fight he ended his feud with Lik Alotadik, ironically in a submission loss. They had 5 fights between each other, with Lik taking 4 out of the 5. Willy is currently 4th in line to be indicted to the GAMMA Hall of fame. Lik himself is probably on his last legs as he leads all active fighters with 34 total fights in GAMMA.

• 2 weeks later...

We are proud to announce Dom Jaehnke (20196) to GAMMA Hall of Fame!

Dom has been a manager in GAMMA since 2014-07-26 and is one of the most successful managers in the game currently. His success in GAMMA is defined by 2 fighters Rufus McTearson and Gunnar Steigelmann, both of which are future GAMMA HOF fighters.

Dom has already had 87 total fights in GAMMA with a record of 49-34-4. Most impressive is that 27 of those are title or super fights which ranks him joint 6th all time together with HOF manager Grund McGrunderson (3341).

His total points accumulation is 315 which ranks him in 7th place, everyone above him are already in our HOF. Dom will be given the "GAMMA Legend" trophy in the next few days for his contribution and dedication towards the organization.

I plan to induct someone to our HOF end of November, the highest ranking top 5 candidates (in order of total accumulated points until the GAMMA588) are:

Gerbert Bryant (84742)
Seppo Koskinen (2820)
Pawel Ufcowski (52087)
Paulie Walnuts (79001)
Digga Dogman (91254)

I do have to say that the difference between the above managers is VERY small, so a few wins will likely play a massive difference from now till late November.

We will be doing an update on who is currently ahead in the fighter of the year charts. For all of you which do not know, GAMMA has implimented a ''points" system which ranks fighters upon the following criteria:

+1 Per fight
+1 Per draw
+3 Per title fight/Super fight
+3 Per win

Based on that criteria we ranked last years fighters, here is how the results ended up in 2015:

Fighter of the Year 2015

Renan St Juste (102580) = 37 pts
Krystian "Wojna" Wojnasiewicz (159688) = 35 pts
Ein Stein (182566) = 30 pts (13 fights)
Gunnar Steigelmann (196145) = 30 pts (15 fights)
Fernando Prado (181926) = 29 pts
Patrick Bateman (180187) = 29 pts
Tamias Poochyena (135965) = 27 pts
Arthur Curry (92326) = 25 pts
Gunnar Gustavsson (134470) = 24 pts
Hektor Troy (160259) = 24 pts

As was the case last year, we only rank fighters which won or defended their title during the year, so here are the candidates for this year:

Fernando Prado (181926)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=181926
Fabian Hoi (225251)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=225251
Lukasz "Wally" Wolek (255001)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=255001
Robert "Sitek" Sito (255000)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=255000
Oscar Boma (212771)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=212771
Ray "The Raven" Lewis (199055)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=199055
"Rip" Rufus McTearson (186694)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=186694
Renan St Juste (102580)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=102580
Matt Quin (239220)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=239220
"The CashNasty" Ed Gennero (243448)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=243448
Viv Richards (168454)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=168454
Joe "Big Shot" Gage (212536)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=212536
Tony Siblas (219876)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=219876
Attila "THE" Hun (225681)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=225681
Gunnar Steigelmann (196145)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=196145
Joe Jordan (196358)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=196358
"American Psycho" Patrick Bateman (180187)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=180187
Julien "The French Psychopath" Touret (175093)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=175093
"The Hammer" Tony Slevin (180928)
http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=180928

Note: The above is not in any particular order, i plan to rank everyone starting on Sunday. Usually who is ahead by late October has a pretty good chance of winning the fighter of the year, so lets see how it goes.

Final 10 for FOY Award

DONE UP TO: GAMMA#590 Lewis v Williams

I wend down the list of candidates and it ended up being a lot closer than i expected. I removed all candidates which had under 60 points with the exception of current 170lbs champ Stanly Williams.

A reminder how points are awarded:

+1 Per fight
+1 Per draw
+1 Fight of the night awards
+3 Per win

Here is my review of the current rankings, plus a general overview of the top candidates to win it.

"Rip" Rufus McTearson (186694) = 85 POINTS

Rufus had a great year, including the fights with Renan, but he recently dropped his title, the good news is that he won his top contender fight with Boma and will now face Stanly Williams, a fighter he drew and beat earlier this year, a win there can keep him in first place.

Gunnar Steigelmann (196145) = 79 POINTS

Gunnar is the current 265 and 265+ champ, if he can win the remainder of his fights, he should win the fighter of the year but he fights in the division with the most unpredictability. He is on a fantastic run currently, but he has already lost a few fights this year, so it is not impossible to happen again. If Gunnar wins all his fights though, he will likely be champ, a lot will depend on how Rufus does in his title shot.

Fernando Prado (181926) = 74 POINTS

Prado has been very consistent if you remove the Hoi fights. He also fights in a division where he has already beaten everyone, so if Rufus fails to win his contender fight and regain his title and Gunnar slips up, Prado has a pretty good chance in securing first place.

Viv Richards (168454) = 74 POINTS

Viv gained most of his points early in the year and is out of the title pictures for 205 and 185lbs. The most he can hope for is a top 5 position, i think Gage and Quin will like push him out of this spot.

Oscar Boma (212771) = 68 POINTS

At one point he was unstoppable at 155lbs, now moved up to 170lbs. He has a very important role to play in the final listings because if he loses he puts Rufus back into the title race. A win for himself will put him in contention for the title. If he manages that, he could surpass Joe and Viv above him.

Joe Jordan (196358) = 67 POINTS

He was unstoppable until he got hit by Gunnar, since then he has lost 4 in a row, like Viv, at best he will struggle to hold onto this spot.

Renan St Juste (102580) = 65

The 2 time fighter of the year is currently retired, so he will probably end up 10th on this list.

Matt Quin (239220) = 63

Matt joined a little later than the fighters above on this list, which is the only reason why he is not higher up. He did have a couple of slips, which cost him dearly. Wins there could of had him in contention even if he joined the roster later. I think Viv will show some consistency to hold onto a top 4 spot and Quin and Gage will fight for the #5 spot.

Joe "Big Shot" Gage (212536) = 63

Like Matt, he had fewer fights, the ones he did have though were mostly wins, although he did have a draw and loss in his big Super fight. I think he could get up to 4th place in the final standings, but probably not higher.

Stanly Williams (174422)

Stanley is way down on this list, he probably wont be above 8-9th in the final standings even if he wins all his upcoming title fights.

End Conclusion

My prediction is that Rufus will edge this. I cannot see Prado losing his title but he is 6 points below Gunnar in second place. Even if he loses he next fight, he still holds one more title, so he will need to defend that. The only way Gunnar can lose first place is if he loses 3 fights and Prado wins 3. I did not look at when each fighter is competing, so there is a chance one of the 2 could have an extra fight, but either way, i cannot see Gunnar being so inconsistent in his last few fights. There is a small chance for a draw, if Prado wins all his and Gunnar loses 2, plus both have an even amount of fights remaining.

Rufus is extremely lucky because he pulled off a decision win over Boma and Lewis (which recently beat him), lost to Stanley Williams, a fighter Rufus beat. If he can pull a win there, he could end up on top. He will still need to win all his fights though and Gunnar can maybe afford one loss because he holds 2 titles at the moment.

However you put it though, it will come down to wins at the top level. Joe Jordan was looking untouchable 4 fights ago, then he lost 4, the same could occur with the above candidates in their last 3-4 fights, so it could change a lot.

GAMMA: Gossip #54

Another great month for GAMMA, in fact it was the greatest ever. We managed to increase our total top 1000 fighter to 94 + 20 in our affiliates, that is a total of 114. Last month we were at 114. Our total top 200 fighters increased to 30 (up by 2) which is also a record.

Just to make a comparison, 6 months ago we had just 97 top 1000 and 18 top 200, one year ago we had 77 top 1000 and 18 top 200.

145lbs Division

Lukasz Wolek regained his title this month, ending his trilogy of Fabian Hoi. Fabian announced his retirement straight after the fight. He was a guy which had some big wins in his career, including big wins outside of GAMMA + the 2 wins via KO over Prado, he also did well in GAMMA against the top contenders with just one loss.

Lukasz will go up against newcomer and former Death Squad champion Kang Xi Jia in his first defense. This will be the biggest test in Kang's career and his first chance to shine in a top level org, so the pressure will be on him.

155lbs Division

Fernando Prado defended his title via a close split decision against Hannibal Barca. This is the 26th decision win Prado has had so far out of the 28 total wins, so he is realy the decision master. He is also ranked 3rd in the ranking for the fighter of the year. Up next is Robin Yount, a fighter which will be 12 years younger going into this fight. Robin is also one of the few fighters currently competing in GAMMA which have graduated from the affiliates in NY and LV, where he was a champion in both orgs. He was fighting at 170lbs till 3 fights ago and he is 3-0 at 155lbs, but against Prado he will be fighting one of the all time greats.

170lbs Division

Ray "The Raven" Lewis lost his title immediately after winning it in a Decision (Unanimous) against Stanley Williams. Ray was the clear favorite in this fight, so he is probably very dissapointed. Stanley will be fighting his own trilogy against Rufus McTearson, again as the underdog as he is 0-1-1 at the moment. Rufus can probably secure the fighter of the year if he can win this fight, so the pressure is on for him.

185lbs Division

Matt Quin got the win (as expected) in his fight against Piotr Rokicki. It was a close decision though and Piotr will likely be looking to get straight back into the picture as soon as possible. Matt will be up against Scotty Bennet in his next fight. Scotty was suppose to be dead ages ago, however some how his career has been revived under his new manager Andy McKenzie. He will be a huge underdog in this fight though and Matt is expected to defend his title.

205lbs Division

Joe "Big Shot" Gage has continued his dominance of the 205lbs division with yet another big win (again via a split decision) against Viv Richards, giving him 2 wins over the veteran. Up next is Ricard Cuenca. Ricard has revived his career recently , it was not that long ago when he was considered to being cut, so getting back into the GAMMA 205lbs title picture is a sure bonus.
265+lbs Division

265lbs+

Gunnar Steigelmann is still the 265 + 265+ champ after defending his title again against GAMMA Contender graduate Toni Eerkilaa, up next is Luis Torres. One thing is certain, that someone will get KOed in the Heavyweight fight!

Other news

Dom Jaehnke, has a chance to hold onto 4 titles in GAMMA at the same time if Rufus and Robin can win their 170 and 155lbs title fights. Gale Hawthorne and Whymer have held 3 titles at the same time, but it has never been done in the past to hold 4 titles at one particular time, so the pressure is on to get 2-0 in those fights.

• 2 weeks later...

Diego Sanchez (142862) Inducted

Managed by Gale Hawthorne, 22-11-1 in GAMMA, 13 Fight of the night awards, involved in 11 title fights. Highest rank #37.

Biggest wins include Ricard Cuenca, Krystian Wojnasiewicz, Willy Wonka, Jimmy Snuka, Yuri Boyka, Yoko Gushiken, Kris Hong all of which are either current, future GAMMA HOF fighters or former GAMMA champions.

He is the only fighter in GAMMA history to win belts in 3 different divisions including the 145, 155 and 185lbs belts.

Finished his career in GAMMA with 137 points, which ranks him 13th all time among fighters.

Managed by the best all time manager to date in Gale Hawthorne, this induction means Gale has 4 total fighters in our HOF, which is a GAMMA record (Mr Gutz and Brad O'Neil have 3 in total). Prior to joining GAMMA he was also a champion in Aggressive Damage where he had a long career.

As a fighter he was somewhat one dimmentional, relying on his stand up and solid chin to get him wins. The fact that he managed to win 3 belts at different weights, is a massive feat in itself, but he failed to really hold onto any belt for long periods (which is also one of the reasons why he managed to secure 3 belt wins).

Overall this is one of those tough opponents that most fighters wanted to avoid and will go down as one of the best fighters Gale ever had.

New Merch partner

I would like to announce that GAMMA has a new merch partner Nuggetori's Nutritionals 10% (5044) as of today, replacing our long term partner Voodoo Nutrition (4660) which was our partner since April 2016.

This makes Nuggetori our 8th partner since 2012. The current deal runs up to the first week of January, we will decide what to do from then on.

• 2 weeks later...

I just made up a list of the all time leaders (among GAMMA HOF fighters) in total fight of the night awards. Just so that people understand how i gave out FON awards, it is usually based upon the highest ranking Submission/KO/highest rated fight among the top 2-3 fights on the card. I would rarely give an award to someone on the undercard, the few cases it would be in the case we lacked a submission/KO in the top 3 fights.

The list below also includes GAMMA fighters FON awards while fighting in super fights and i only included the fighters with 10 or more FON awards. Here is the full list:

Renan St Juste (102580) 48
Raz Matazz (25622) 39
Jeremy Tonal (31632) 23
Jt Colossus (1688) 20
Arthur Curry (92326) 20
Alan Bundy (21314) 19
Jack Burton (17865) 18
Kenichi Shirahama (112324) 17
Mikhail Yudovich (15928) 16
Cheez Itz (29886) 16
Karl Denke (63718) 14
Jimmy Snuka (159898) 14
Peter Cabreros (47454) 14
Diego Sanchez (142862) 13
Adis Djurdjevic (138400) 13
Degen Gambler (68491) 13
Fidel Duberry (125586) 13
Simon Williams (58148) 13
Dwayne Hicks (37068) 13
Lan Mandragoran (169650) 12
Frank Sinatra (49637) 11
Fred Ettish (63999) 11
Ein Stein (182566) 11
Hunter Rose (61923) 10
Alexander Khalifman (15927) 10
Ejnar Thorsen (137511) 10
Hendo Han (27677) 10

I am proud to announce that Gerbert Bryant (84742) has been inducted to the GAMMA Hall Of Fame. It comes on the day that Ivar Lodbrok won the title off Joe Gage to earn Gerbert his 5th title fight.

Gerbert is not known for his titles, he is however known for his consistency and dedication. Over his GAMMA career he has amassed a total of 110 fights, ranking him 7th all time in this category. He is also 6th all time in total wins with 57. He was inducted into our HOF with a total of 290 points, which is ranked 8th all time.

Our key top 5 candidates for the next induction are:

Pawel Ufcowski (52087)
Paulie Walnuts (79001)
Seppo Koskinen (2820)
Central Park Wigan (27741)
Digga Dogman (91254)

Pawel is the biggest favorite to being inducted next as he has the slight advantage at the moment with a total of 277 points, but Paulie has a pretty good chance as well, he has 270 points, a lot will depend on how the results go in the next 5-6 weeks.

The #3 to #5 on the list currently do not have any fighters in GAMMA and everyone else in the org is way behind, so it is unlikely anyone will be able to challenge Paulie or Pawel.

As of GAMMA: 599 and onwards, our poster designer will be Andy McKenzie (101467). Andy has worked with GAMMA in countless other positions in the past including CEO of our 2 rookie orgs and current owner of GAMMA: MT in Los Angeles, well, it seems Andy is a versatile talent and will be doing our posters as well!

He has already setup 2 of them, you can see here:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=864092

http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=864360

Andy replaces Gabe T.S. Gardner (112290) which held onto the role since August 2016.

I just made up a list of the all time leaders (among GAMMA HOF fighters) in total title fights. This list is made up of fighters with at least 6 title fights.

Renan St Juste (102580) 29
Raz Matazz (25622) 26
Kenichi Shirahama (112324) 17
Alan Bundy (21314) 16
Arthur Curry (92326) 14
Karl Denke (63718) 14
Mikhail Yudovich (15928) 14
Alexander Khalifman (15927) 14
Ein Stein (182566) 12
Karl De Groot (53034) 12
Simon Williams (58148) 12
Diego Sanchez (142862) 11
Lan Mandragoran (169650) 10
Kyle Carlton (123905) 10
Lennon Lewis (13257) 9
Jeremy Tonal (31632) 8
Jimmy Snuka (159898) 8
Ejnar Thorsen (137511) 8
Hendo Han (27677) 8
Adis Djurdjevic (138400) 7
Mustafa Khan (129720) 7
Russ Rutger (62373) 7
Fred Ettish (63999) 6
Cheez Itz (29886) 6
Degen Gambler (68491) 6
Marshall Noir (112792) 6

Renan and Raz are basically the #1 and #2 on this list all the time. Kenichi is #11 in the all time list for points, but is #3 in the title fight list. Truth is that certain fighters such as Alan Bundy and Tonal had a lot of super fights, which is why their total for this list are not much higher.

GAMMA: Announces Speed Fighting!

Essentially the idea is simple, our GAMMA: Contenders will be running more frequent events than usual, 2 per week.

Fighters will fight as soon as there is space on the card and assuming they are not injured / cut.

If any particular fighter wants to "train" more, they simply add a note in this section: http://www.mmatycoon.com/contracts.php That you want to fight every 28 days or higher.

If you do not have anything there, or your number is below 28 means "we will get you a fight as early as possible"

GAMMA: Gossip#55

I know it is getting repetitive, but this was yet another of those months where GAMMA continued their slow steady expansion. The stats mentioned below were taken at the end of last month (i usually record them from the 28th to the 30th of any given month).

We managed to increase our total top 1000 fighter to 94 + 24 in our affiliates, that is a total of 118 (+4 since last month). Our total top 200 fighters stayed at 30 (up by 2) which is also a record. Total fighters in the top 100 increased to 14 (was 13).

145lbs Division

Lukasz Wolek retains his title again month, ending the streak of Bart Bunga.

Lukasz will go up against Shin Dong Hyuk (223756) in his next one, a fighter he has already beaten and will hope to repeat.

155lbs Division

Fernando Prado (181926) dropped his title to Robin "Rockin" Yount (257101) after holding a 6 fight winning streak.

This makes Robin the youngest champion in GAMMA currently at just 25y of age. His move down from 170lbs proved to be a good decision. Robin and Lukasz are both GAMMA Affiliate graduates, so there a good feeling that the system is working.

His next opponent is fellow graduate Robert "Sitek" Sito (255000). This will be his second attempt at the title after failing against Fernando earlier this year.

170lbs Division

Lao Shin "To Chin" (256055) is the new 170lbs champion after dethroning the old champion Stanly Williams. Lao is riding a 6 fight winning streak currently and will want to keep that going. Interesting is that Lao is also a GAMMA Affiliate champion himself after competing at GAMMA NY earlier in his career. This is also the first title Laz Staz has ever won in GAMMA, putting him into the GAMMA manager Hall of Fame candidates for the future.

In his path he will find veteran GAMMA fighter Ilya Mstislav Volkov in what will be his first ever GAMMA title shot. He will probably be happy he avoided Stanly Williams as he already lost 2 times to him in the past.

185lbs Division

Matt Quin has had a breakout year and should be considered a candidate for that in the games awards. Last fight he beat old school veteran Stotty Bennett in what was probably his last try at the title.

He is facing Ed Gennaro in his next fight in what will be their trilogy. In the last outing Matt got the close decision win and probably will be looking for more of the same.

205lbs Division

Joe "Big Shot" Gage lost his title finally and is seriously considering a change in management, making the new champ Ivar "The Boneless" Lodbrok (229350)! This is the first time Ivar has held a GAMMA title after previously holding one in the Contenders.

In his first title fight will be Viv Richards, a veteran 205 contender and prior 185lbs champ. Viv was pleasantly shocked Joe lost the title after previously losing twice to him and will be happy to get a crack at the 205lbs title again.

265lbs

Gunnar Steigelmann lost his belt at 265+ but still holds his 265lbs belt. He defended that against 38y old "Hokori" Kenta Yuudai (175324). He will be defending his title against the much younger Sebastiaan "Bas" Rutten (235659), which is on a good streak himself.

265lbs+

Luis Torres finally secured his first title at 265+ and is riding a 6 fight winning streak. His manager Blake Phoenix recently hit top 10 in the world rankings and is probably feeling pretty good with himself after previously failing to get the win over Gunnar.

He will be defending against Gerbert Bryant in what will be his first title shot.

Managed by Gale Hawthorne, Record inside GAMMA 23-4-1, long time 205lbs champ with 12 title fights and 13 FON Awards.

His highest rank was #4 worldwide and he is our 2014 GAMMA fighter of the year. Upon retirement he accumulated 150 points, ranking him 11th best fighter in our history and 2nd best at 205lbs behind just Tonal.

Some of his biggest wins were over Scotty Bennet, Adis Djurdjevic, Ender Wiggin, Public Enemy, A J Hearts, Sonny Corleone, Jonny Victorio and Phil Ivey.

This is the 5th fighter Gale has in our HOF and he currently leads this category. Truth is, the only reason Jesse is not much higher up this list is that he left close to his peak and returned when he was already ending his career. I predict he could of ranked as high as top 3 or 4 in our listings.

GAMMA 600 - TORRES Vs BRYANT PREVIEW

SPECIAL EDITION
By Alika Webb

Superheavyweights are set to headline Gamma’s historic six hundredth event in London’s Wombley Arena. The number one contendership for the goliath division will be on the line in the co-main event. When the walls start shaking and the earth starts quaking, don’t fear because that’s what happens when these giants collide in the cage. The world-renowned Gamma has done it again by putting forth an amazing event that will undoubtedly go down in the history books.

Main event:
265+ lbs - Luis Torres (24-7) Vs Gerbert Bryant (17-7)

Nominated as one the best superheavyweight fighters on the planet in 2016, Luis "El Caliente" Torres will be looking to defend the superheavyweight strap for the second time. Undefeated under the Gamma banner is his challenger Gerbert Bryant. The cage will be set ablaze when these two mastodons open fire on each other.

There is no doubt that the champion loves to stand and bang. He is famous for having finished all his wins by KO or TKO. In his entire career he has only heard the final bell twice. There is beauty in the simplicity of the champions style, everything he touches crumbles under his might. His first title defense against Zeus Leonidas proved no different. The powerful wrestler did his best to close the distance but it was the strength of the champion that closed the curtains in the very first round.

Gerbert Bryant may not have been elected but he is known as the president. His knowledge of the swing states may help him in the cage as swinging for the fences is what the champion is known for. Gerbert is no stranger to stand up wars but it’s his elite Olympic wrestling that really makes him a dangerous opponent for the champion. Should he be able to take this fight to the ground, the champion could be in a world of trouble.

Co-main event:
265+ lbs - Thomas Bannon (16-8) Vs Toni Eerkilaa (26-13)

Another superheavyweight collision as these two powerhouses will decide who’s next in line for a shot at the coveted Gamma superheavyweight title. They don’t like to leave it in the hands of the judges as fists will be flying and in the end only one will be left standing in the cage.

Thomas "The Cannon" Bannon will be looking to throw bombs as he steps in the cage. With a perfect finishing rate, it’s hard to believe that this Irish cannon has not had a chance to be in a title fight. Riding a three fight winning streak, Bannon should be looking to extend it to four in a row. A tough as nails kickboxer in heart and soul, you won’t see this guy shooting for takedowns anytime soon.

Toni "The Mountain" Eerkilaa is solid like a rock, this insurmountable wall of muscle will have a small reach and weight advantage. The Finnish mountain is no stranger to title fights, having won titles in previous organizations he’s fought for. The Gamma superheavyweight title is another matter altogether though as he’s already unsuccessfully vied for the title just two months ago. Coming off a first round knockout, the heavy handed Eerkilaa will look to make a statement as a chance to fight for such a prestigious championship doesn’t come around often in the shark tank that is the superheavyweight division.

205 lbs - Lars Voller (35-19) Vs Kai Kha (17-7)

Will age go over beauty in this fight? 37 year old veteran Lars Voller is set to face eleven years younger prospect Kai Kha.

Lars Voller might be fighting time but the knockout artist sure proved he could still go against the best when he faced living legend Viv Richards. He stood toe to toe with the Gamma icon and even managed to steal a round. Despite not getting his hand raised at the end, he didn’t back down from the fight. Spending half his fighting career in Gamma, this perennial gatekeeper will look to put his experience to use to get the victory.

Fresh off his promotional debut, Malawi native Kai Kha got his baptism by fire. There are no easy fights in Gamma, that point was made clear when Kha was knocked down not once but twice in the very first round of his last fight. Kha came back very strong with a chip on his shoulder as he returned the favor by knocking his opponent down twice in the third round before finishing him off. This headstrong young prospect wants to make a name for himself in Gamma and a win against the veteran should do just that.

205 lbs - Tony Siblas (25-8-1) Vs Charles BatzCastelmore (15-7)

Tony Siblas is having some consistency trouble as he has been alternating between wins and losses. The win against Humphrey Baker should give him the confidence to move forward and get another winning streak going. Now that the pressure if off, the well rounded Siblas can take the fight to wherever he wants it to go. He usually likes to pick his shots from the outside but when the time is right he doesn’t mind closing the distance either.

A man who’s currently on a roll with a four fight winning streak, Charles "D’Artagnan" BatzCastelmore made his promotional debut last month. He outworked his opponent and while he didn’t manage to finish the fight, it wasn’t for a lack of trying. He tactically laid the groundwork and when the opportunity came he tried to go for the kill. BatzCastelmore is a menace in the clinch and his methodical approach could be the difference maker in his next fight.

145 lbs - Bart Bunga (19-2-1) Vs Underestimated Dillashaw Junior (24-20-1)

Having an incredible twenty fight undefeated streak snapped can be tough to process but losing against one the best featherweight fighters on the planet is nothing to be ashamed of. Bart "The Irish Hammer" Bunga took a hit when he challenged Lukasz "Wally" Wolek for the featherweight belt. He looked a little out of his depth but the loss could be just the motivation he needs to rise higher than he has ever gone before. This shorty packs a punch and can finish the fight at a moment’s notice. His footwork, accuracy and fluidity altogether is simply a pleasure to watch. When you see his record you might not think much of him but don’t underestimate Dillashaw Junior. That’s how this snake in the grass gets you, when you think the fight is already won before it’s started you’ve already lost against this scrappy striker.

185 lbs - Taneli Hauki (30-20-1) Vs Katsu Laoka (22-10-3)

The battle of doom, they may both be in the same alliance but when the door closes behind them alliances don't mean anything. Taneli Hauki proved that you're only as old as you feel because he looked like a fighter in his prime when he demolished Yrjoe Velmu. This kickboxer doesn’t think it’s time to hang up his gloves just yet. "The Meat Cleaver" Katsu Laoka saw his winning streak halted by one of the divisions stars on the rise James Howlett. Even in defeat Laoka looked good and now he wants to get his momentum back. Laoka is a striker who loves his dirty boxing. Can Hauki get a good thing going with another victory or will Laoka close the distance faster than his own shadow to get his hand raised?

205 lbs - Humphrey Baker (18-10) Vs Medium Hardon (16-9)

Humphrey "Glass Chin" Baker might not have the most resilient chin but when this guy hits you, you’re going to going to feel it for days. For every punch he takes, he’ll throw one back at you. If you hit him, he just says that he doesn’t care, he loves it. He always looks to put on a good show for the fans and the fans love him for that. Medium Hardon is an elite wrestler who can stand and trade just fine. He’ll be setting up his takedowns with his hard strikes but it’s the ground where he wants to go to. Don’t miss an exciting classic striker Vs grappler match-up!

155 lbs - Roger Cantor (22-13) Vs Gonna Spanked (39-16-2)

Poised for greatness should he win this fight. Hailing from Brighton, Colorado Roger Cantor made a big impression by knocking out Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi with a huge wrestling slam. The town motto “what we value today is what we become tomorrow” could not be more appropriate for Cantor. Currently on a four fight win streak, a win can establish this high level grappler in the division. Gonna "Get" Spanked is feeling old age creeping up at him and another loss could not only be a big setback but possible also a career ender for the now 38 year old all-round mixed martial artist. Spanked is feeling the pressure but a cornered animal is a dangerous animal so Cantor needs to be careful if he wants to walk away victorious.

205 lbs - Brad May (19-9) Vs Pavel Dubrov (29-18)

From the mean streets of Toronto, Canada Brad May took a beating in his last fight but he never gave up. Fighting through the pain he survived until the final bell rang. He’ll be looking to redeem himself and let his punishing strikes do all the talking when the fight starts. "The Bear" Pavel Dubrov is also on a path of redemption as he now lost two fights in a row. The 37 year old Russian has the experience advantage and can take care of business wherever the fight takes place. The Russian has a mean Muay Thai clinch but that doesn’t mean he won’t stand and bang with the best of them.

155 lbs - Lik Alotadik (33-20-3) Vs Alexandr Kuznetsov (16-12-1)

Lik Alotadik is a 39 year old well-rounded veteran that has been around in Gamma’s lighter weight classes for an incredibly long time. He made his promotional debut at Gamma’s three hundred seventy-fourth event. Now over two hundred events later he is still alive and kicking. He just saw a three fight winning streak snapped by Daft Young and he’ll be looking to school his next opponent. Even an old dog still has its tricks but Alexandr Kuznetsov has been around the block a few times and knows what to expect. Kuznetsov is a striker who likes to wear down his opponents, he likes to press forward and if you don’t push back you’re going to be in a lot of trouble.

Will the earth move when the goliaths come to play or will the rest of the card try to steal their thunder? Don’t miss out on this action packed card in London!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

GAMMA 608 - VOLKOV Vs WILLIAMS PREVIEW

By Alika Webb

Mentor is throwing a big old party up in LA
twenty of GAMMA’s finest will be fighting that day.
The whole place is gonna be jam-packed
because the card is damn well stacked!
Let's rock, everybody, let's rock!

Everybody on Mentor’s clock
will be dancing to the GAMMA Rock!

The Global Association of Mixed Martial Arts proudly presents a night of exquisite action and excitement on the twenty-first of January. Russian superstar Ilya Mstislav Volkov is set to defend the welterweight title against a man he knows all too well, former champion Stanly Williams. In the co-main event two welterweights will also be keeping an eye on the main event as they make their case for a title opportunity. Also on the card is the newly crowned middleweight champion, Piotr Rokicki who will be looking to defend his belt for the very first time.

Main event:

170 lbs - Ilya Mstislav Volkov (21-6) Vs Stanly Williams (34-19-1)

Main eventing the historic event are two world class welterweights. Ranked the number five best welterweight at the moment of writing this article is the champion Ilya Mstislav Volkov. Set to challenge the new welterweight champion is the former champion - Stanly Williams – who is currently ranked the eighth best welterweight on the planet. These two elite warriors are no strangers to each other as they have faced off twice before. Both times Stanly Williams ended up getting his hands raised but when they face each other now things stand very differently for both of them.

Ilya Mstislav Volkov is well on his way to getting back to his former glory as he is not only on a four fight winning streak but he has also just won the GAMMA welterweight title. Formerly a middleweight fighter, this heavy-handed kickboxer dropped some weight when he entered GAMMA. After struggling a bit to find his place in the division Volkov now seems ready to lead it. To prove that he is truly worthy as a champion he will need to put a stop to a challenger he has lost to twice before. This will be a heavy burden to carry into the cage but is just the challenge he needs to prove himself. Their previous fights went the distance but those were three round fights, Volkov now gets two extra rounds to either finish the fight or score enough points for the judges.

38 year old Stanly Williams is fighting time and defying all odds as he continues to successfully compete on the highest level. Williams was the champion until recently when he lost the title in a very close back and forth battle with Lao Shin that ended at the end of the third round. Williams didn’t let the loss get to him and came back strong when he finished dangerous striker Miguel Pereira with a textbook kimura. The elite grappler also packs quite a punch which makes him a dangerous foe wherever the fight takes place. Considering he’s already beaten the current champion twice before he should be looking to make it a trifecta.

Co-main event:

170 lbs - Lao Shin (17-6) Vs Mats Sundvison (24-11)

In another elite welterweight showdown, Lao Shin "To Chin" who just lost the title looks to rebound from that loss and get a rematch as soon as possible. Standing in the way of the Shaolin monk is Indonesian brawler "Take Him To The" Mats Sundvison.

Lao Shin is an all round martial artist, he can not only defend himself but also finish wherever the fight takes place. That much was clear when he won the title from Stanly Williams, who is now looking to win back the title in the main event. It was a very close fight that went all over the place but it ended on the ground. Williams took the fight to the ground but it was the Shaolin monk that finished it there. The sky was the limit when he faced his first challenger as a champion but Ilya Mstislav Volkov proved too much to handle for Shin. He was never in any trouble but he didn’t do enough to earn the win and thus the judges handed the victory to Volkov.

Mats Sundvison loves to go to war. He is an intense brawler and while he has knockout power lately he has been focusing on a more controlled and evasive style. Striking and moving out of the way before he gets hit. This is a very smart and strategic move that has already brought him a modicum of success. The question remains though if that will be enough against Lao Shin who is dangerous no matter where the fight takes place and always shows a sense of urgency. His evasiveness could be a huge factor in keeping the fight standing but even if it does he needs to make sure he does enough to earn the victory.

155 lbs - Geoffrey Barbossa (19-3-2) Vs Robin Yount (19-8)

From the isle of Tortuga in Haiti comes Geoffrey Barbossa and he is fearless in battle. He is a very calculated kickboxer who likes to avoid the danger. He may only have four finishes on his resume but he has only been finished once in his career. This is a testament to his both skill and his durability. He likes to stalk his opponents patiently from the outside and closes the distance to break the pace when things start to heat up. Barbossa did exactly that in his promotional debut as he picked apart the Russian Zombie and he’ll be looking to do the same to Robin Yount. He comes from a small island thinking the world was huge but now that he’s at the top he thinks the world used to be a bigger place.

Things were going so well for Robin Yount when he defeated Fernando Prado for the lightweight title but now it seems like it was all just a dream. A dream that’s turned into a nightmare as he was not only unable to successfully defend his title but he also lost his rematch with Prado to stay in title contendership. A victory is now more than ever necessary for Robin "Rockin" Yount to put a stop to his decline and to remain relevant in the lightweight division. While Yount is also a kickboxer, unlike his opponent he does love to finish fights. Yount is a risk taker, sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn’t but with a little focus and hard work he can climb back on the mountain. If he can manage to win this one, we can be sure to expect great things from the only 26 year old prospect.

185 lbs - Piotr Rokicki (22-7) Vs Steve Belliveau (26-11)

The middleweight division is in chaos from so many title changes in such a short time. After Ed Gennero shocked the world again when he beat Matt Quin for the second time, he was once again unable to defend the title. As the saying goes while two dogs are fighting over a bone, a third runs away with it and that’s pretty much what happened here. Gennero and Quin were too busy fighting each other that they didn’t notice Rokicki lurking in the shadows, waiting for his opportunity to stand in the spotlight. Will Rokicki be just another fighter to be involved in the middleweight divisions title drama or will he be able hold on to the belt and provide order and stability for a division that is being drowned in total anarchy?

Piotr Rokicki started his journey in the GAMMA system by joining GAMMA: Contenders. The official development territory of GAMMA. It is there that he quickly made a name for himself and for his efforts he was rewarded as he was promoted to the big leagues. Since moving up to where the big boys play he has only lost once, against then champion Matt Quin. Even though he lost, he survived all five rounds. The durable kickboxer proved himself quite a dangerous striker on the ground as well, in his last fight he won the title by first knocking down the former champion and then finishing it with some vicious ground and pound.

Fresh off his promotional debut is the challenger, Steve "Bells" Belliveau. Belliveau made quick work of the aging living legend Scotty Bennet and came off a little arrogant for the fans in attendance when he started hyping himself up to the moon in his post fight interview. Everybody loves to hate a bad guy and it got the attention of GAMMA management. He knows what he is talking about though, he has been a champion in previous organizations. Canadian Belliveau loves to close the distance and use his dirty boxing to finish fights but he can also throw some stiff kicks in the mix to keep his opponents guessing before closing the distance.

Will the new champion Piotr Rokicki be able to defend his belt for the very first time or will the Canadian challenger keep the drama going in the middleweight division?

265+ lbs - Arthur Curry (27-17) Vs Gordus Clay (27-8)

In a super heavyweight barnburner, two heavy hitters face off as Irish Arthur Curry takes on the Scottish highlander Gordus Clay.

Arthur Curry is a dangerous striker, all his wins are finishes by either KO or TKO. He has had some mixed success this past year, mostly alternating between wins and losses, he even had to find new management and right now he’s coming from a loss. Curry will be looking to put his Irish firepower to use to prove his worth. In his last fight he had a really solid first round, he even managed to knock his opponent down at the start of the first round. It was all for nothing though as a big uppercut knocked him down like a sack of potatoes in the beginning of the second round and that was all she wrote for the Irish brawler.

Gordus "The Highlander" Clay is now standing on the edge of a cliff as his career might be hanging in the balance. At 39 years of age, Clay is now on a three fight losing streak and desperate for a win. That could spell trouble for his opponent as a cornered animal is a dangerous animal. Clay had to find a new manager to represent him, he will be looking to redeem himself and prove to his new manager that he is still in it to win it. Clay started out as a wrestler and while he still uses it regularly it’s his boxing that has been standing out in the past couple of months. Clay has been swinging his fists like sledgehammers and pummeling his opponents down to the canvas. Will he continue standing and trading or will he go back to his roots and take the big man down to ground?

170 lbs - Rufus McTearson (39-17-3) Vs Miguel Pereira (16-8)

"Rip" Rufus McTearson had a heck of a run as welterweight champion in 2016 which earned him a nomination for welterweight fighter of the year. Unfortunately the tides have turned and the career of the former champion is starting to decay. Since losing the title he has been switching between decision wins and losses. McTearson has one of the toughest chins in the business, in fact he has never been finished by strikes. He is a dangerous striker and loves to keep his opponents guessing.

Miguel Pereira faces some strong opposition and will have quite a reach disadvantage which could be disastrous for the Brazilian kickboxer. Pereira saw a six fight winning streak go down the drain when he lost to current welterweight champion Ilya Mstislav Volkov and trouble never comes alone as he lost his last fight against current number one contender Stanly Williams. Considering he’s only lost to the elite in the division, he is only one win away from being back in title contention. Another loss will keep the Brazilian grounded on the undercard.

265+ lbs - Zeus Leonidas (20-11) Vs Duke Nukem (24-13)

Two behemoths are on a path of redemption as they are both coming from a loss. From Olypus in Greece, Zeus "God King" Leonidas is currently on a two fight losing streak. This former title contender is a dangerous grappler with some solid standup skills to boot. Leonidas will be looking for a career resurgence and a win over Duke Nukem might be just what he needs. Duke "Doomsday" Nukem is like a mirror image of his opponent but he lacks the knockout power that his opponent has shown time and time again. He never loses his composure and always keeps the pressure on as he outworks his opponents.

170 lbs - Evil Kullervo (26-13-1) Vs Graeme Symons (22-11-1)

Evil Kullervo is a dangerous fighter no matter where the fight takes place. He can stand and trade with the best strikers and can grapple with the best grapplers the division has to offer. 1-0 under new management, the resourceful Fin is now looking to get his career back on track. Standing in his way is Graeme Symons who had an eight fight winning streak snapped in his last fight. Symons came back strong after six months of inactivity and looks to rebound from that disappointing loss.

185 lbs - Willy Stoppers (54-29) Vs Jimmy Dias Jimenez (26-16-1)

The 45 year old Willy Stoppers is trying to prove that he isn’t too old for this shit. Last month he celebrated his fiftieth stoppage in the cage but just a few weeks later he ended the year on a low note as he tapped to a barrage of strikes. The heavy hitter always swings for the fences and he knows that he just has to hit you once to get you rattled. Jimmy Dias Jimenez managed to snap a three fight losing streak in his farewell fight in his longtime home organization Synchronicity. Now he is set to make his promotional debut against a powerful GAMMA veteran. Jimenez has quite the knack for knockouts as well as he finished 22 of his wins with strikes.

170 lbs - Karl Socha (34-17-1) Vs Diego Aragon (24-19-3)

Karl Socha has been struggling for a while now, winning only two of his last seven fights. But don’t count this veteran out just yet, this durable athlete from the Czech Republic is an all round mixed martial artist and his experience can give him just the edge he needs to take his opponent by surprise. Also on a two fight losing streak is "The Soul Collector" Diego Aragon. The Brazilian has quite a lot of experience himself and he is well rounded enough to take care of himself both standing and on the ground. It will be interesting to see if these two veterans will decide to duke it out standing or take this fight to the floor as a third loss could be the beginning of the end for either fighter.

• Upvote 1

We finally have a winner of the fighter of the year and it is Gunnar Steigelmann!!! I did an update of the rankings on the 22nd of October, updated until GAMMA#590 Lewis v Williams and at that point Gunnar was in 2nd place behind Rufus McTearson, but i predicted that Gunnar would probably end up winning the award, due to the extra fight, plus the fact that he was holding the title at the time. Well, i ended up getting it right as Gunnar completed the year with a total of 100 points tipping Rufus McTearson for second place. It did not help that Rufus had a poor run of form to end the year, but end of the day, it would not play much of a role on the final standings. Prado dropped down to 4th, something i did not expect, Viv sent him down 1 spot. There was some movement in the lower positions, with Joe Jordan making the biggest late season push, but overall there was not massive changes in the positions since October.

Interesting to point out here is the fact that both Gunnar and Rofus are managed by current GAMMA HOF manager Dom Jaehnke, where as Viv and Fernando are managed by another HOF manager in Whymer Van Mastodon who is favorite for the game's 2016 manager of the year.

A reminder how points are awarded:

+1 Per fight
+1 Per draw
+1 Fight of the night awards
+3 Per win

Here is the final top 9 standings (fighters with 70+ points only included):

Gunnar Steigelmann (196145) = 100 (UP 1)

Rufus McTearson (186694) = 95 (Down 1)

Viv Richards (168454) = 88 (UP 1)

Fernando Prado (181926) = 86 (Down 1)

Joe Jordan (196358) = 79 (UP 1)

Matt Quin (239220) = 78 (Up 1)

Joe "Big Shot" Gage (212536) = 78 (Up 1)

Stanly Williams (174422) 74 (=)

Oscar Boma (212771) = 74 (Down 4)

Gunnar will be awarded the end of the year trophy now.

• Upvote 1

GAMMA: Patrick Bateman inducted to HOF

Managed by Digga Dogman, Record inside GAMMA 17-12-0. He is a former 265 and 265+ champ, with 14 total title fights to his credit, that ranks him 5th all time.

In in his 29 fights he had a total of 19 FON awards, ranking him 6th all time in his category. His highest all time rank was 11th and he headlined 13 events.

His biggest wins are over Fat Gorrila, Kenichi Shirahama, Julien Touret, Jt Colossus among others.

Upon retirement he accumulated a total of 141 ranking points which ranks him joint 13th best all time GAMMA fighter. The only HW/SHW fighters to accumulate more points were Jt Colossus and Kenichi Shirahama. He beat both those fighters during the end of their career, while he was just entering his prime, but he had wins over both those fighters never the less, so in many respects you could say he is "arguably" the best Heavyweight fighter we had to date.

• Upvote 1

GAMMA has officially become the #1 organization in the game in total events held!

Last year we had surpassed UVT of Rio for the 2nd place, but ever since our local Las Vegas Prizefighting went inactive, this was one of those targets we set for our ourselves and i even put in the exact week i planned to achieve this target.

I would like to thank all the managers and fighters who participated in the 6070 total fights offered so far, that is a ridiculous feat and one i never expected to get to back in 2009 when GAMMA was opened.

Salute to you all!

• Upvote 1

Paulie Walnuts is a top level manager with a top rank all time of 23rd p4p in the world. He first fought in GAMMA on 2014-12-13 in a fight between Jules Winnfield and Evander Holyshit (a fight that he actually lost via decision). As of October 2016, Paulie's record inside the GAMMA cage stands at 47-49-2 ranking him 8th all time in total fights in our cage with a total of 98. He has been involved in a total of 11 title fights and 1 super fight during this time. His most significant fighter to date is probably Ray Lewis who held and competed for the 170lbs title on multiple occasions and is likely to become Paulie's first ever GAMMA Hall of Fame inductee when he retires. His total ranking points of 270 is also ranked 8th all time among all managers to have competed in GAMMA.

Paulie has a lot in comparisson to Gerbert Bryant, another HOF inductee. Paulie made it to our HOF due to the sheer volume of fights he has had with us, he has never ever backed down from a fight offer and has often held onto fighters past their prime, which probably explains his 50% win record inside GAMMA.

Overall i would categorize Paulie as a hard nose, reliable and aggressive type of manager who always looks for the KO over the more boring decision root many managers often take, he has a (63.73%) KO winning rate which is WAY above the average for the game which currently stands at (42.2%), so if your fighter does not have a chin made of granite, against a Paulie fighter expect to see fireworks.

Paulie will be receiving the customary Legends trophy in the near future (as soon as the admin approves it).

• Upvote 1

I recently was going through the lists of title fights and super fights and decided to make a combination of the two to compare our Hall of Fame fighters. This is a significant factor when comparing the best of the best all time within GAMMA because it shows which fighter was involved in the most demanding and high profile fights overall. The list below only shows fighters with 10 or more such fights.

Renan St Juste (102580) 43

Raz Matazz (25622) 34

Alan Bundy (21314) 30

Jeremy Tonal (31632) 28

Kenichi Shirahama (112324) 23

Karl Denke (63718) 18

Jesse Custer (183716) 16

Simon Williams (58148) 16

Anton Chigurh (58657) 15

Mikhail Yudovich (15928) 14

Arthur Curry (92326) 14

Patrick Bateman (180187) 14

Alexander Khalifman (15927) 14

Ein Stein (182566) 14

Fidel Duberry (125586) 14

Karl De Groot (53034) 14

Raymun Redbeard (129720) 12

Diego Sanchez (142862) 11

Kyle Carlton (123905) 11

Fred Ettish (63999) 10

Lan Mandragoran (169650) 10

Russ Rutger (62373) 10

Truth is, this list does not actually show if the fighter actually won though fights. For example Alan Bundy (ranked 3rd on the list) was 7-7 in his super fights. On the other hand, Jeremy Tonal was 17-3 in his super fights. Never the less, it is a general indicator which shows which fighter was more actively involved in top level fights over his career. One thing which is common among all the criteria is that Renan St Juste basically always tops any statistic.

• Upvote 1

GAMMA is arguably the mecca of super fights, with a total of 185 super fights arranged all time and a record of 128-66-2 currently. However in the past couple of years we have had very few super fights arranged.

However It has been a while since GAMMA has been on the super fight trail, so i decided that 2017 is a good time to start arranging more of them.

We spark things off with 2 huge super fights between our old super fight regular partner, Evolution.

In our first bout we have Shin Dong Hyuk (223756) going up against Sean Tallon (205285). Sean is the current 135lbs fighter of the year. 2016 was a huge year for him. Shin has been fighting at a high level in GAMMA and Syn, however this is by far his biggest test to date.

In the second matchup we have Kai Kha (267500) vs Sotiris Kakoulis. Sotiris is the current 205lbs fighter of the year and Olympic Gold medalist. Kai has recently been crowned GAMMA 205lbs champ, so this will be interesting. Kai fancies his chances, but he probably goes into this fight the underdog.

• Upvote 1

The 2016 writer of the year, Alika Webb has agreed to do a "monthly recap" of the biggest fights in GAMMA.

Alika is a guy i have known for a few years already and he is a very busy and in demand writer in this game. His parody of the 2016 awards of the year is arguably the best piece of work done in recent memory.

I have been trying to persuade him to do us a regular article to cover the big fights over the past month and he has agreed! It is a honor to have him do work for the org.

He will be focusing on all the title fights + super fights between GAMMA and other orgs over the course of the month, so stick around for the first article coming up in the next few days.

• Upvote 1