Training changes general discussion

it looks like the energy decreases have been changed substantially. for example i have a fighter that's done the following training so far this week:

monday am cardio (with cardio supp)

monday pm punch tech (energy supp)

tuesday am strike D (energy supp)

tuesday pm boxing spar (energy supp)

he still has 96.69% energy (cardio is sensational--). prior to the changes a training schedule like that would have him at about 94% energy, if i recall correctly. is this done so that people can do more physical training (weights/cardio/circuits) and still be able to only rest once per week (not counting sundays)? or is this an error?

I tested one of my guys on both clinchwork and circuits which is what he's on and neither went up. I'll keep an eye on him over this training too.

Excuse my ignorance, because I probably forgot to change his schedule before the holiday. He wasnt supposed to even be training(doh.). So the ticker starts again after a fight if you train something I'm taking it?

Edit: either way there is a bug....if training while tickers are "paused" after a fight restarts them prematurely, the skill maintenance page does not update itself to reflect that things are no longer frozen as his ticker page still says "Paused for 4 sessions."

Physicals tickers are really short even with aptitudes. Is this intentional?

Sorry for post this before in other two topics. I`m not spamming. Never. Is just cause there are a lot of topics talking about the changes. I tink this is the right place to express this ever with respect for every other point of wiew:

Mike, may you consider to decrease the speed for the orange bar? I think around 100 points of skill the bar tends to go red very fast. Is not happy to expend half a week in maintenance. And since we can only have 7 points for natural skills is very hard to have a well rounded fighter (cause a fighter with 100 points in every skill isn`t a monster is just a nice fighter).

And i still think injuries in the game are being calculated in a very strange way, cause some fighters can go trought the fight being nearly untouched and after the fight they get a huge injury and his slaughtered foes get only a 2 days injury.

I know there are an Injury protection hidden but cannot imagine a good manager checking others hidden skills but: KO power, Granite Chin and Fast Learner. Maybe letting the managers chose a fourth hidden we will pick Injury protection.

By the way i`m not the only one thinking in this way. There are a lot of expirienced managers saying the same. Maybe you can take another look at this topic:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24182&st=0

I know you have visited the topic before but is still growing. Is ever good to have others points of view cause not all the managers have the same feelings as misterix even when he is posting 50% of the posts in the topic. :lol:

THANX AGAIN MIKE! :thumbup:

• Upvote 1

I had to fly a guy from Rio to Hilo for a fight and now i noticed that he will have 3-4 sessions before the fight were the ticker aint frozen wich kinda sucks since i cant do nothing about it since i had to fly him in pretty early becouse of the energy loss. So i wonder if you are gonna change that or if its supposed to be this way from now on? :)

• Upvote 1

I would like to know... is anyone-o-'y'all in real trouble maintaining his skill?... I'm mean i'm not, but my skillz ain't that high... so can we expect some decrease in overall fighter "jackedness" or not?.. How are you're predictions/experiences in regards to that, after like a week of the new system? Anybody actually gone to red so far?

This change, and the direction that things are now going, are going to be the death of this game. People are already leaving in droves, myself included, and I don't think that Mike is listening to any of our concerns. The number of active managers has dropped by over 2000 since I began playing, and lately there have been more and more long time managers calling it quits, how much worse is that going to have to get? One thing that I mentioned is that when you no longer need to have elite coaches to get the best training, the amount of money in the game, which people already bitch about, is going to increase tremendously. Mike's solution to this, one of them at least, is to introduce Houses into the game. I for one find this to be completely absurd. This game is still called MMA Tycoon right? Changing the biggest money sink in the game from training, to owning real estate just makes no sense to me at all. In my opinion the training side of this game, which is one of the biggest facets of the game is now ruined, and it completely removes any incentive that there would have been to earn money with the tycoon side of the game. When you don't need an elite coach, or even a personal coach, and $600/wk in a gym with 3-5 fighters per session gets you maximum training, what point is there in dumping money into training? It's the training and fighting aspect of the game that got me hooked, the business part was only ever to earn money to fund training. And with this change, and the ones to come I think you have effectively killed both sides of this game.

• Downvote 2

This change, and the direction that things are now going, are going to be the death of this game. People are already leaving in droves, myself included, and I don't think that Mike is listening to any of our concerns. The number of active managers has dropped by over 2000 since I began playing, how much worse is that going to have to get? One thing that I mentioned is that when you no longer need to have elite coaches to get the best training, the amount of money in the game, which people already bitch about, is going to increase tremendously. Mike's solution to this, one of them at least, is to introduce Houses into the game. I for one find this to be completely absurd. This game is still called MMA Tycoon right? Changing the biggest money sink in the game from training, to owning real estate just makes no sense to me at all. In my opinion the training side of this game, which is one of the biggest facets of the game is now ruined, and it completely removes any incentive that there would have been to earn money with the tycoon side of the game. When you don't need an elite coach, or even a personal coach, and $600/wk in a gym with 3-5 fighters per session gets you maximum training, what point is there in dumping money into training? It's the training and fighting aspect of the game that got me hooked, the business part was only ever to earn money to fund training. And with this change, and the ones to come I think you have effectively killed both sides of this game.

Not really for me to comment on the majority of your post, but on the idea that there are now 2,000 fewer "active managers" than there used to be, we all know that is simply not true. There may well be 2,000 fewer accounts at a particular time but at any given time there has always been a significant number that are basically dormant. Add to that the multis that have been clamped down on over the recent months, and hey presto you'll probably find that the true number of "active managers" has changed little. Who knows, it may even have increased, so I don't think your assumption is particularly accurate.

• Upvote 1

Yes, we all know that there are multis, and that there are managers that sign up create a fighter and then never log in again. Whether they are active managers or not, the fact remains that the number of managers has dropped by well over 2000 in the year plus that I have been playing. Certainly not all of those are multis and one-and-done inactive managers. The number of managers continues to drop, basically every week now you can see that there are less managers than the previous week. Which is a trend that will only continue, in my opinion...

It's funny how everyone is quick to point out the negatives of the changed but the glaringly obvious positive of energy reduction changes is ignored.

Unless of course it's an error, then I'll shut up :)

Generally changes are very good for the game, but I've got a couple of suggestions:

1.Increase game speed - if 1 month in game is simulating 3 months of real time at the moment, let's speed the things up,(that's including fighters getting older etc.) I don't think people want to wait 2 years of a real time to build up a top fighter and it looks like it's gonna take that long now..

2.It should be much harder to maintain 4x sensational fighters , it's not common to see an Abu Dhabi champ with world class boxing ,top wrestling and thai at the same time. Decrease in skills should be higher for the top fighters so they will have to decide if they gonna keep 2 skills on the elite level or four skills on the let's say wonderful level.

Otherwise new fighters will strugle more to build up some decent skills while top fighters will only keep doing conditioning and sparring to keep what they already builded before the changes..

It's funny how everyone is quick to point out the negatives of the changed but the glaringly obvious positive of energy reduction changes is ignored.

Unless of course it's an error, then I'll shut up :)

Shhhh, we've all spotted it and are concerned it's a bug that Mike will eradicate if he's alerted... :D

Generally changes are very good for the game, but I've got a couple of suggestions:

1.Increase game speed - if 1 month in game is simulating 3 months of real time at the moment, let's speed the things up,(that's including fighters getting older etc.) I don't think people want to wait 2 years of a real time to build up a top fighter and it looks like it's gonna take that long now..

2.It should be much harder to maintain 4x sensational fighters , it's not common to see an Abu Dhabi champ with world class boxing ,top wrestling and thai at the same time. Decrease in skills should be higher for the top fighters so they will have to decide if they gonna keep 2 skills on the elite level or four skills on the let's say wonderful level.

Otherwise new fighters will strugle more to build up some decent skills while top fighters will only keep doing conditioning and sparring to keep what they already builded before the changes..

Isn't this second point exactly what Mike has done?

He has, but I don't think it's a problem at the moment to maintain 4x sensational so I suggested to make 'skill decrease speed' higher. I think it's definitly harder to build 4x sensational right now but if you already had one it's not that hard to keep him on that level. So new managers will only find it more difficult to catch up when the old ones can use the advantage they gained before the changes been made ,that's how I see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think he's just saying I should have taken it further. Which probably means HappyHater thinks he's criminally insane.

I hope I've found a decent balance. I've certainly spent enough time thinking about both sides of things, including the fact that some people will not get on with maintenance at all and it will make them quit. If, after a few months people think it's too far in a certain direction then we'll tweak things. I hope that it's only a very narrow minded minority that wouldn't even give changes a week before they decided they were quitting but I was expecting a few to go without giving it a chance.

This has been / is, without a doubt the most stressful change I've had to make to the game because I know it's potentially extremely polarizing. But if I was too scared to make difficult decisions I wouldn't have spent £20k that I didn't have making the game in the first place. If I'm wrong on this decision then either I've completely screwed myself or we'll change things up again.

• Upvote 1

He has, but I don't think it's a problem at the moment to maintain 4x sensational so I suggested to make 'skill decrease speed' higher. I think it's definitly harder to build 4x sensational right now but if you already had one it's not that hard to keep him on that level. So new managers will only find it more difficult to catch up when the old ones can use the advantage they gained before the changes been made ,that's how I see it.

I don't think it'll be noticably harder to make it up to that level but we'll have to wait and see after a few months.

This change does nothing but help the poorer managers, and rewards people who care about training...

Classes with 2 or 3 people per class see better returns, sparring classes with 5+ see better returns, and monsters who didn't have to worry about degrade now have to train to keep skills instead of training whatever they want...

I have 2 or 3 guys that I may have to get rid of because maintenance is too high, but I'm ok with that

Learning how to build a good fighter will take a good strategy, so we are all at ground zero

The playing field has been leveled somewhat