Training changes general discussion

I understand how the system stops the monsters but I'm not really seeing how it promotes variety. Since the rate of decline gets too steep at a certain point at every skill, people are going to start filling in other skills until eventually everything is just even. Is the assumption that some people will neglect other abilities to focus on one or two skills to a really high level at the expense of other ones? I guess we'll see if that actually happens but it seems like just an overall cap of 82% would promote variety more than limiting each skill to 82% as well. Then people would be limited in how amazing of a fighter they could create without being limited in how they spend their points.

• Upvote 1

I understand how the system stops the monsters but I'm not really seeing how it promotes variety. Since the rate of decline gets too steep at a certain point at every skill, people are going to start filling in other skills until eventually everything is just even. Is the assumption that some people will neglect other abilities to focus on one or two skills to a really high level at the expense of other ones? I guess we'll see if that actually happens but it seems like just an overall cap of 82% would promote variety more than limiting each skill to 82% as well. Then people would be limited in how amazing of a fighter they could create without being limited in how they spend their points.

We'll definitely have to wait and see how people choose to set their guys up. I think there plenty of potential options.

The main problem I had with a basica cap was that as soon as you reach it, then what? You can't ever change your fighter to adapt to anything. That would be mega frustrating and not realistic.

• Upvote 1

I'll start by saying I don't have a better solution, but I think a lot of people feel what manny said. While the changes were probably necessary, it makes the game less fun. Still too early to really make judgements but I find myself not giving a damn about improving my fighters or what skill they need to train for their next fight, just trying to pick one class of everything to hopefully not decline.

• Upvote 1

We'll definitely have to wait and see how people choose to set their guys up. I think there plenty of potential options.

The main problem I had with a basica cap was that as soon as you reach it, then what? You can't ever change your fighter to adapt to anything. That would be mega frustrating and not realistic.

I see your point. I guess in a way there has to be some kind of escalating deterioration per skill or players wouldn't be able to adjust their fighters by neglecting and learning certain skills. I guess it'll be "easy" later on to adjust the ceiling to say 90% so a player could specialize but still be dealing with the overall 82% cap which is basically the kind of variety I was hoping for.

I'll start by saying I don't have a better solution, but I think a lot of people feel what manny said. While the changes were probably necessary, it makes the game less fun. Still too early to really make judgements but I find myself not giving a damn about improving my fighters or what skill they need to train for their next fight, just trying to pick one class of everything to hopefully not decline.

loool...that's exactly what ur not supposed to be doing. the point is to decide what type of fighter u want him to be and bring up the areas to promote it and let the other areas drop to a manageable level. if u want a "i'm an ultrabadass at EVERYTHING!" fighter...kinda like the guys we have now that everyone complained about, it would go against the entire point of the changes. if u were okay with those types of fighters, then u should have spoke up when the majority was complaining about them.

• Downvote 1

loool...that's exactly what ur not supposed to be doing. the point is to decide what type of fighter u want him to be and bring up the areas to promote it and let the other areas drop to a manageable level. if u want a "i'm an ultrabadass at EVERYTHING!" fighter...kinda like the guys we have now that everyone complained about, it would go against the entire point of the changes. if u were okay with those types of fighters, then u should have spoke up when the majority was complaining about them.

haha you know I'm a tard and never do anything right, but no I hate the exceptional across people. I'm glad these changes will hopefully stop that, or are intended to, but I think my problem is just the unknown. From what I've seen so far my guys are ticking up real quick so I'll just have to figure out a system that works. Like I said it's probably too early to judge, just from what I've seen I'll be doing way more maintaining than anything else.

- The lower your skill the more ticker decrease you get from a session.

I know its early plus I'm just a noob, but I'd would like to put my two cents on this aspect of the new training. I think if your skill level is feeble(4)or lower for any primary or secondary, that particular ticker should freeze. I like to use the "once you learn to ride a bicycle, you don't forget" theory. To use a real life example, if I work with a boxing coach, hit pads, spar, etc. regularly to the point that I'm say a competent(6) boxer, then suddenly stop training for 1 year straight, my boxing skill will certainly get rusty but I won't really ever drop to useless(1). Its not like I will completely forget basic boxing techniques/strategy, I'll just be really rusty when I go to spar/train again.

Just a thought.

I know its early plus I'm just a noob, but I'd would like to put my two cents on this aspect of the new training. I think if your skill level is feeble(4)or lower for any primary or secondary, that particular ticker should freeze. I like to use the "once you learn to ride a bicycle, you don't forget" theory. To use a real life example, if I work with a boxing coach, hit pads, spar, etc. regularly to the point that I'm say a competent(6) boxer, then suddenly stop training for 1 year straight, my boxing skill will certainly get rusty but I won't really ever drop to useless(1). Its not like I will completely forget basic boxing techniques/strategy, I'll just be really rusty when I go to spar/train again.

Just a thought.

If you're that low you can't reach the trigger so it's basically the same as it freezing.

I thought about not showing a bar at all if you couldn't reach a trigger but I thought it might be useful for people to see how fast they go up even if you can't hit your trigger... Also it's a useful reminder of what you've been training recently.

• Upvote 1

After quite a bit of skepticism... i like the changes... i'm OK with having the fighters at a 8/9 in primary (11/12 in secondary) in categories you don't care about and up to i dunno like 13 in the ones you care about where if they don't maintain they don't decrease... and that it is harder with the physicals is actually a nice touch of realism to the game... all and all good for us longtime non VIP slow progress-o-managers...

and in regards to that variety discussion... isn't the aptitude gonna care take of that and this is why its not just like a skillcap? (correct me if i'm wrong, troll me if i'm being stupid)

This mornings session I had a fighter sparring boxing. After the session his strike d went from elite to sens++, not a big drop. But if im sparring boxing and his ticker dropped to halfway between green and yellow. Shouldnt his strike d have stayed the same? Not bitching just wondering if im understanding this correct.

OK. I think that's how it's set to function right now but I was thinking about switching it up so that the drops happen at the end of the session. The only problem then is that you would have losses in stuff that weren't red before the session and that wouldn't be fair.

I guess I could be super nice and make the down tickers before the training and the up tickers after....

• Upvote 1

I guess I could be super nice and make the down tickers before the training and the up tickers after....

That would make quite a bit of difference at really high skill levels and probably make it too easy to maintain.

I don't think it would be too bad... We'd just be talking maybe 0.2 points better off for people. Not gunna be a deal breaker but better for morale and easier to understand I think.

If ticker increases max of 1 and trigger is at min 3 it could mean having to train something every 5 instead of every 4 sessions.

Just a quick question because I created my first new fighter under the new system. I picked random aptitude for him. Is it normal that his tickers and triggers are zeroed now (I mean with tickers it's normal I guess)? I thought that I will see his triggers so that I will have some recognition of how his aptitude points were spread.

Just a quick question because I created my first new fighter under the new system. I picked random aptitude for him. Is it normal that his tickers and triggers are zeroed now (I mean with tickers it's normal I guess)? I thought that I will see his triggers so that I will have some recognition of how his aptitude points were spread.

If you pick random you can't see the aptitude bars, hence why you get a 10% boost. Sadly you'll have to try and work out over time what your fighter has high and low aptitude towards

MikeTowers, yes, I'm aware that I won't see his aptitude but I can guess his aptitude when seeing his triggers. So I hope that indeed after the first session I will see his triggers and obviously tickers - thanks, PureXTC.

I think that skill very quickly falls ((I did not swing it only 2 weeks, and it already has almost filled a green strip (though it right at the end)

There can be you slow down falling a little? After all in a real life does not fall so quickly. I think it would be good if after a month of idle time skills have started to fall (depending on level and so on)

As too fast falling influences people as many my friends playing this game have told that at them is not present a lot of time to watch falling of skills, I agree with them. :sad01_anim:

And to them very much it is pleasant to me (and I think as to many other people), that have appeared such addition (that skill fell if him not to train), but it too fast.

There can be you slow down falling? At least it is a little. :)

And still a question. If the green strip is completely filled, skill cannot fall?

Regards

• Upvote 1

There can be you slow down falling? At least it is a little. :)

And still a question. If the green strip is completely filled, skill cannot fall?

1. The skill decreasing is the same for everyone. People just needs to understand this new feature as a whole I guess. I've made peace with it and I kinda like it now. No more physical super monsters(lol) and more skill variety will bring a lot of interesting fights in the future I believe. just hang in there and maintain the skills you need. If some skill drops a bit it's not a end of the world you know. =)

2. I believe this is how you said it. If the the green bar is full the skill wont decrease even if the orange bar goes all the way too.

• Downvote 1