Training changes general discussion

I just hope countering is completely nerfed and useless now after the change. It is afterall a tactic that works in real fights. I was never a crazy counter guy, but I did use it to get the fight to the ground a lot.

• Upvote 1

i pm'd mike cuz it must be an error. i had 1 more guy fight that same weekend and his fight went to a decision and he flew from mont to nyc and he got 11 or 12 pause sessions.

my biggest concern is the flying. most of my guys fight out of town and if these guys don't get flight pauses or only get 2 pause sessions for an early loss, i am not going to do it anymore and it's going to piss off a few org owners, not to mention me. i love flying my guys all over the world for fights...it's fun as hell. it would be a shame if there was no point in doing that anymore due to pause sessions.

right now, oakley has 74% and no pause sessions. it's not as big of a deal becuz he's a youngster but still...waiting for energy to come up is bad enuff, now i gotta watch these tickers roll up too?

offenhard is a much bigger deal cuz he isn't a young buck, plus he lives in nyc and fights in l.a. and even worse yet, is the champ of his org. he is at 54% currently and has 2 pause sessions left. 2! i don't mind doing a training session at 90% but would like to avoid it if at all possible. even then tho, to get to 90%, he'll have 4 sessions of ticker jumps.

i thought we were supposed to fight MORE? i thought that was the whole damn argument? if this isn't an error, i can see people going back to TrainingTycoon.

edit: mike to the rescue.

A better fix would be the unrealistic energy loss, not the ticker stuff.

I flew from Seattle to Ireland once, rested on day in the hotel- played a Rugby game the next day. I was not at 38% energy or whatever. It doesn't matter where you fly, it doesn't take more than 1 day of rest to get back to 100%.

A better fix would be the unrealistic energy loss, not the ticker stuff.

I flew from Seattle to Ireland once, rested on day in the hotel- played a Rugby game the next day. I was not at 38% energy or whatever. It doesn't matter where you fly, it doesn't take more than 1 day of rest to get back to 100%.

yes. i would rather not have the energy loss and no ticker pause (or maybe 1 session). that way, i can fly my guy in early and get a couple sessions in before the fight.

International qualities of the game have always been as far from reality as possible (shipping, flying).

Back to training:

Has anyone found a way to lose conditioning? I have some guys in the mid 80%s for physicals (so the maintenance is high) and would gladly sacrifice some of my conditioning...but I can't.

I would love to be able to go back down to what Mike has decided the ceiling should be (82%~), but I can't do it without having crazy conditioning and all my other physicals being weak.

:/

How about some checkbox or whatever that means you ignore whatever skill you choose when you train so that the tickers never decrease and they constantly decline (not really realistic for the particular case of cardio though)? Right now you can't really lose skills below a certain level despite never training them and they will still contribute to lower triggers for all the other skills.

How about some checkbox or whatever that means you ignore whatever skill you choose when you train so that the tickers never decrease and they constantly decline (not really realistic for the particular case of cardio though)? Right now you can't really lose skills below a certain level despite never training them and they will still contribute to lower triggers for all the other skills.

+1

• 4 weeks later...

Someone mentioned my "MMA sparring" idea arguably defeats the purpose of the new changes. An alternative idea to my "MMA sparring" idea would be to have 2 kinds of hybrid sparring of "Stand-up sparring" (affects MT/Boxing and relevant secondaries) and "Grappling sparring" (affects Wrestling/BJJ and relevant secondaries). Again, fighters do this type of training in real life.

Obviously, whatever primary skill increases/maintenance you get from doing skill specific sparring should be maybe 50% of that for hybrid sparring. Benefits to your secondaries would be a little more tricky to figure out.

This would perhaps cater to managers who have fighters that they have molded into "strikers" and "grapplers".

+10

My fighter, Franck Pompi [ 129355 ] , has had 100% energy for a week, maybe 2 in a row or more now and I'm training every session...

I normally wouldn't have said anything ;) , but on the skills page his conditioning and other similars are all deep into the red... and I keep training only circuits and the like to try and bring them down, but they keep getting worse and worse along the red....

Not sure what's going on here....

Gogo

My fighter, Franck Pompi [ 129355 ] , has had 100% energy for a week, maybe 2 in a row or more now and I'm training every session...

I normally wouldn't have said anything ;) , but on the skills page his conditioning and other similars are all deep into the red... and I keep training only circuits and the like to try and bring them down, but they keep getting worse and worse along the red....

Gogo

Sounds like he's in the wrong city.

Gogo

Good thing you waited two weeks to bring it up.