The League of Leagues

the reason behind the 3x3 rounds is to a) encourage finishes, B) try and help keep injury times down (a 9 minute fight instead of the 30 minute one you suggest, or the 15 minute, or the other option with 2 rounds i can see leading to so many draws) at least thats my opinion on it.

grapplers are generally screwed in tourneys like this anyway the guys who win tourneys generally are strikers (the only one that comes to mind as a grappler tourney winner is frank pompi who won the world cup last year) while i get your point i just dont see a lot of grapplers being made for this because of all the physicals and skills needed to be a grappler especially under the current system. i still see some people making grapplers i just dont know how well they will do.

Well imo 3x3 rounds encourages LnP.. its easier to lay on someone for 9 minutes compared to 15.

Well imo 3x3 rounds encourages LnP.. its easier to lay on someone for 9 minutes compared to 15.

it is easier, but you also have to remember, that most people arent great with ground sliders, its far easier to force a ref stand up than finishing a fight on the mat.

Holding you to that.

Expecting my money still when I knock out an alliance mate, I'm a money grubbin' whore.

Hah you think it applies for Gesundheit members?

I reserve the right to retract any award, kind of like Zyd retract his million dollar tourney. No strings attached! :)

and i think i could probably write up recaps for each group results if needed. i've been doing the previews/reviews for NFC lately.

That'd be great :)

Btw, there's 2-3 variations in terms of format that I think will work. The minimum I need for any of them is 60 fighters. Once we cross 60, I can't guarantee people signing up after that a guaranteed spot till I finalize it. I might stop at 60, 64, 72 or 80 so go sign up while there's two sure-shot spots left!

So, I've updated the first post with the final format. It'll have to be 60 people and there have been some format changes to account for this.

Initially I thought I would find someone to run an org and run one myself thus being able to put on 4 events a week. This is seeming unlikely, so I'll be doing it all in one org with 3 events a week.

The first post has been updated with the details as well as creation date.

Please create your fighters on or after the 4th of March. I will give you the date for the first event very soon, likely between the 23rd to the 31st of March.

Please re-read the first post for the changes in format too.

Also, we have 1 spot left but in the interest of fairness, I'm going to give up my spot (i'd initially wanted to take part). So there's 2.

Hah you think it applies for Gesundheit members?

I reserve the right to retract any award, kind of like Zyd retract his million dollar tourney. No strings attached! :)

You're already in the lead for the 30k "crying like a bitch" award! Congrats bro!

What about the group are made before creation date?

As in? I've already randomized the groups and got them set. I don't want to release them since people will wait for what other people in their groups are making and then build fighters based on that. I'll release group info publicly once all fighters have been signed. I don't mind passing it to Mike or someone who can confirm that I'm not messing about or whatever though anyone who knows me knows I keep the integrity of my tournaments no matter what :)

And we're full up. People can still sign-up. I'm sure we'll get at least 5-6 managers who won't make fighters in time or whatever so there's a high chance you'll get in.

If through some massive miracle we hit like 20 more people before the 4th, I might consider expanding it to 80 but that's very very unlikely.

As in? I've already randomized the groups and got them set. I don't want to release them since people will wait for what other people in their groups are making and then build fighters based on that. I'll release group info publicly once all fighters have been signed. I don't mind passing it to Mike or someone who can confirm that I'm not messing about or whatever though anyone who knows me knows I keep the integrity of my tournaments no matter what :)

Well i don't know for others people but i don't really trust u lol,and don't think mike want wait time checking if the group are the same.

Plus u said u already made the group wich mean u know who is in ur group when they don't,and who knows if u didn't say the group to some of ur buddy.

Of course if u say the group in advance some will wait , but if u wait too long u will miss trainings.

Well i don't know for others people but i don't really trust u lol,and don't think mike want wait time checking if the group are the same.

Plus u said u already made the group wich mean u know who is in ur group when they don't,and who knows if u didn't say the group to some of ur buddy.

Of course if u say the group in advance some will wait , but if u wait too long u will miss trainings.

There's a reason why I took myself out of the tournament as you can see.

If you don't trust me, you're free to leave Jacky. I'd rather not organize something taking over 3 months with people who don't "trust me". I've never screwed anyone over in the game before and don't plan to now. In fact, I've never had any interaction with you over which you could choose to "not trust me". The only interaction I ever had with you was for one fight, which as you know, you won. I'm sure I'll get someone else who's happy to take your spot. I'm doing this to bring some fun back into a game people have, quite simply, started to take way too seriously.

None of my "buddies" have access to any data on the groups. If you noticed, most of my "buddies" aren't even in the tournament.

Shiv - what would be really useful to know asap, is where the leagues will be taking place. I don't expect many people will want to create a fighter on 4th March only to find out they have to change location immediately.

The sooner we know, the sooner those of us who are interested will be able to find somewhere to train as well.