Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

Game should be realistic in my opinion. I know a lot of top fighters have very high skills but I know there's also "some" people training in real life... If you train something You must give up training something else, so skills are decreasing if You didn't train that for some time...

Sorry for my language. I'm not using english in real life almost at all.

I know these changes helps us, managers but it doesn't make game more realistic. Be objetice guys ;)

I just read through the upcoming improvements again and actually got really pumped about this! =)

Really slick move to add the two new secondaries. Im sure this way we'll have more happy managers around. Also the ability to choose from what skill to take points away is very handy versus "take form the skill that you trained longest ago" -thingy.

A bit off OT but anyway... IMO takedowns to mount should be brought back; just make it a really marginal thing to happen. =)

• Upvote 1

I don't think it particularly makes sense in terms of the real world but it makes for a better game, in that it promotes diversity. If we segregate physicals I think we'd end up with all physical beasts.

As for takedowns into mount, maybe we can bring them back with a more detailed system at some point in the future.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it particularly makes sense in terms of the real world but it makes for a better game, in that it promotes diversity. If we segregate physicals I think we'd end up with all physical beasts.

As for takedowns into mount, maybe we can bring them back with a more detailed system at some point in the future.

I agree with this post almost completely. The only point I have some disagreement with is that it makes perfect sense that Physicals be included in this. If people spend all day lifting weights and doing yoga and cardio or whatever, then hey do it to the exclusion of something else. So yeah... you can be a physical monster or you can be a skill monkey, but not both.. unless of course you sacrifice technical acumen in the form of lesser developed Primaries... either way I feel that the new system is going to be great overall. Even i I fear it may gimp some of my strikers I am still 100% in favor of it.

I agree with this post almost completely. The only point I have some disagreement with is that it makes perfect sense that Physicals be included in this. If people spend all day lifting weights and doing yoga and cardio or whatever, then hey do it to the exclusion of something else. So yeah... you can be a physical monster or you can be a skill monkey, but not both.. unless of course you sacrifice technical acumen in the form of lesser developed Primaries... either way I feel that the new system is going to be great overall. Even i I fear it may gimp some of my strikers I am still 100% in favor of it.

i have been at my best physical and technical ability when im doing both a physical training and techinque. I personally get a lot of training BJJ and Muy Thai when it comes to getting better condition and stronger, more agile etc. In other words i disagree you can certainly have physical ability and have technique.

also elite fighters have elite physicals, GSP/ Jones/Silva all the top guys in most divisions with a few exceptions here and there have great physicals.

i see little problem with allowing physical beasts but i do think there should be some sort of maitence there but a fighter in his prime (Most) wont have any physical weakness thats part of what makes them great.

Plus physicals would have a strong case for racism if we segregate them, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for contacting Gable to start proceedings to sue the British pants right off Mr. Tycoon! I tried to get his British pants off with promises of cocaine and acting work, but he saw through my lies at an alarmingly quick rate. I'll get you yet!

Plus physicals would have a strong case for racism if we segregate them, and I wouldn't blame them one bit for contacting Gable to start proceedings to sue the British pants right off Mr. Tycoon! I tried to get his British pants off with promises of cocaine and acting work, but he saw through my lies at an alarmingly quick rate. I'll get you yet!

I assume all he has to do to put a stop to your pesky shenanigans once and for all is to give you those auto win sliders right?

no tickers no restrictions.

if we want to make this game a reality - there is so much reality bullshit we can bring to game.

such as injuries while training, diarhea in fight, accidental death, bankrupts, steroids... ok.

Smoking weed before a fight:

http://bleacherrepor...brothers/page/2

This could be a new nutritional supplement which would help the business side of the game.

Strip clubs in Vegas and stripper poles on the planes!! :us:

Coming soon to Vegas is a new way to boost your fighters morale. Take him to the strip club.

:angel: The Broken Halo ~Nobody leaves here with their Halo intact!~ :drool:

*We want to sell weed too!!!

• Upvote 2

I assume all he has to do to put a stop to your pesky shenanigans once and for all is to give you those auto win sliders right?

I have been advised by my attorney, yes Gable, that it's in my best interest to offer no comment to these accusations. However, yes. That's all it would take.

I'm in a hurry to get things done and I, rush and rush until life's no fun! All I wanna do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and I don't know why! Which is why I have not read all of the responses, and so if someone has already suggested this already, I apologize.

1st of all caps are a terrible idea, and very unrealistic. Here is my solution. The higher your total skill points get, the slower your skills increase through training. So for example, you could have it where once a fighter has reached 70% his skill points earned per training session is reduced by 25%, no matter what skill you are training. Once 75% has been reached, your SPPTS(skill points per training session), decreases by 50%. Once 80% has been reached, your SPPTS decreases by 75%.

This is just an example, and can be more gradual and start at a lower total skill %. For example, your SPPTS could start decreasing once you fighter has reached 50% total skill points; but at a much lower reduction such as 2% decrease in SPPTS.

This could be effected by age, and the hiddens- learning speed, and potential. This way there is no true cap, but the chances of a fighter getting 85%-90% is near impossible, but in theory its not impossible. Just highly unlikely.

My idea is not exclusive to the mechanic of losing skill points over time. It's inclusive. It works along side the mechanic. It only replaces the skill capped at 80% idea.

With my idea, you can still lose points that you don't train in enough.

My idea is more realistic/better because If it was implemented there would be no cap, and therefore a true diversity of top fighters. As opposed to 1000s of overall equally top fighters. Imagine if you will, that on average, the top fighter averaged around 72% in total skill points. How awesome that would be to get a fighter with around 76 to 80% total skill points(as rare as that might be)... It would be like having your very own Anderson Silva or GSP!!! If you implement the cap, then everyone gets an anderson Silva or GSP. And that's just no fun. And please don't say hiddens are what diversify. While that may be true, you still have the cap, and the diversity is still less. This is a solution to the awful cap mechanic.

And as I said, the problem you brought up is non-existent, because it fighters can still lose still points and have their SPPTS reduced by a specific % once the fighter reaches a certain amount of total still points. Now, is this idea perfect? No, and there are ways to improve on it, such as having skills low enough. Not be effected as much as higher skills.