Ticker Replacements

MMATycoon

Instant opinion & come back in two days...  

130 members have voted

1. 1. What are your instant thoughts on the proposed system

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)
  2. 2. And come back in 2 days and answer that same question again....

• I like a lot
    • I think I like it
    • Neutral
    • I don't think I like it
    • I definitely don't like it
    • I still don't really understand what you're jibbering on about
    • I like parts of it but not others (and have explained which bits below)

I hate myself for posting here any longer because I clearly can't post without typing a damn college essay...

While I am opposed to significant changes like adding stats, because I enjoy the state of the game how it is and know many others who feel the same way - barring a few fight engine tweaks - I feel like if you're going to take escapes away from defensive grappling, you might as well break every aspect of that skill down. Not sure what every aspect of that is, so I don't know how to word it.

I feel like the ground game is fine, and ground fighters can succeed on the ground with the right hiddens and slider combo. Smokudju Womba is a great ground fighter at the elite level. I have a few ground fighters that are very successful on the ground at the elite level. One statistic that has always appeared to be missing was an offensive grappling statistic, be it transitions, some form of control, whatever.

If Defensive grappling is "over-powered" you could counter it with the skill Offensive Grappling. Cover all aspects of offensive grappling; transitions, controlling from top, whatever other aspect that is related to offensive grappling from the ground. I don't believe GNP should be incorporated into that since in wrestling matches you're not allowed to throw strikes, and not all wrestlers are good at GNP, just like not all wrestlers are good at defending submissions (Chael Sonnen & dare I say Matt Hughes?) but since escapes are already covered by defensive grappling, counter it with offensive grappling. A skill that would most likely be neglected by the majority, if not all, pure strikers, which would give wrestlers a huge advantage when the fight gets to the mat, without needing to overhaul other aspects of the engine or take anything that defensive grappling covers. Wrestlers would need to take some points away from their elite offensive striking stats and add it to their offensive grappling and if strikers didn't add to that offensive grappling stat for defensive purposes, they'd get worked just like a fighter with useless GNP does when he's on his back or a fighter with useless striking defense does when he's standing.

I get the feeling that defensive grappling covers more than several aspects of the ground game. You could prolly add offensive grappling and escapes as seperate stats, and still balance out offensive grappling vs defensive grappling. I still think it seems useless to have escapes unless you want your fighter popping right up after being taken down. Which is something I used to do slider wise back in the day - high risk/high reward - but realized, like the majority, if your fighter ends up on his back in any position other than guard (or half guard) bottom, trying to stand will often get you pulverized.

It's not a secret that in this game, in order to defend something, you need to have some training in it - and that's how it should be. I think escapes is that 1 wild card getting thrown in from left field and will be completely useless under the game's current engine state. I dare the game to add escapes and not make any changes to the engine (which isn't totally necessary unless you add escapes). You're adding 1 stat I could completely neglect with all my fighters, because I have that much faith in my ground bottom sliders and defensive grappling without trying to stand to my feet, and know that the majority of people just suck balls at ground top sliders (or their fighters hiddens that are important to the ground are crap) to pose a real threat unless there's a huge stat gap.

I'm not in favor of major unneccessary changes, but if you're gonna add stats, and escape is one of them, consider offensive grappling to counter/balance out defensive grappling, and be a multi-purpose stat a wrestler needs to prevent fighters from escaping off the ground.

• Downvote 2

I know this might potentially be abused by guys like jacky (example Afro Samurai), Joel Nicola, or Mr. 32-0 Darius Dravinksi http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=174593, but would you consider a skill cap based on age and # of fights? I strongly believe that fighters that have over 30 professional fights and have been training 10+ in game years, should be able to achieve a 85% skill cap (with intelligence level affecting that 85% marker, give or take say 5%)

I strongly oppose anything over a 90% skill cap (which I know I don't have to worry about lol) even if you have 50+ fights and been training for 20 years, I definitely think there needs to be a limit, and I understand why you are interested in adding new stats, I just wonder if you've ever taken a fighters age and experience into consideraton on the skill cap?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know this might potentially be abused by guys like jacky (example Afro Samurai), Joel Nicola, or Mr. 32-0 Darius Dravinksi http://www.mmatycoon....php?FID=174593, but would you consider a skill cap based on age and # of fights? I strongly believe that fighters that have over 30 professional fights and have been training 10+ in game years, should be able to achieve a 85% skill cap (with intelligence level affecting that 85% marker, give or take say 5%)

I strongly oppose anything over a 90% skill cap (which I know I don't have to worry about lol) even if you have 50+ fights and been training for 20 years, I definitely think there needs to be a limit, and I understand why you are interested in adding new stats, I just wonder if you've ever taken a fighters age and experience into consideraton on the skill cap?

I actually agree experience should play a factor in the % of total skills.

Let's say fighters could range from 77-83% based on talent and they could achieve extra 1% in 5 fights, then extra 1% in 15 fights and then extra 1% in 25 fights... so a very talented stud with tons of experience could reach 86% in the top of his career if he hasn't really gotten injured that much till that point...

To be honest, that's basically how the experience hidden works anyway... You have a % chance of landing certain moves. As your experience goes up, that % chance also goes up, so having lower skill and higher experience is exactly the same as having higher skills and lower experience, as far as the game engine is concerned... I dunno what raw numbers that would be. Maybe 5 fights would work out at one skill point in certain aspects, I'm not sure.

• Upvote 3

To be honest, that's basically how the experience hidden works anyway... You have a % chance of landing certain moves. As your experience goes up, that % chance also goes up, so having lower skill and higher experience is exactly the same as having higher skills and lower experience, as far as the game engine is concerned... I dunno what raw numbers that would be. Maybe 5 fights would work out at one skill point in certain aspects, I'm not sure.

Very cool.

It's been brought up before, thing about takedowns straight into the mount. To be toned down a bit. Just to throw todays embarrasment [mine of the month, love these] fight, where elite wrestler with exceptional tdd got spanked by equal grappler [dont comment standup, i fucked up there also somehow]. Got good confidence, heart too. Takedowns into the mount all teh way!

http://mmatycoon.com...php?FTID=514568

p.s.

probably has to do with his height, because to make 140 lbser with 177 cm, Grappler, takes a retard. Probably he is also fucking retard judgeing his decisions sometimes. Just like his RL figure is. My best man, Tunjic. Luckily my other Ivan, sons godfather, got his revenge today, washing up the name of Ivan as Tunjic failed miserably. Kane Williams, you're my bitch ,yo!

Some rubbish for thought.

Because I like the slower pace of the game. I think most of us do. I would not be terribly opposed to a speed up of the training, but I don't think it is neccesary per se. I do think that the difference between public gyms and private gyms is still too wide, but that is another topic altogether. Speeding up the game speed though means that we lose training time. What you are talking about is not just speeding up the game year. Doubling the speed at which our fighters age, in fact, but also increasing training by a factor of two as well. What you are suggesting would effectively quadruple training speed but halve the fighters life in game.

incorrect. by speeding up the game speed like i suggested you wouldnt lose any training time whatsoever and the training speed would stay exactly the same as it is now.

it's basically like if you have 2 sprinters; a short guy and a tall guy. they both will have to travel the same distance, yet the short guy may take 100 steps where as the taller guy will only take 50. so even though the taller guy will take less steps, he'll cover more ground per each step to make up the difference. that was my suggestion. nothing will move faster or slower as far as training speed. only less repitition. the results would still be the same.

the only thing that would change would be aging rate. but that doesnt change anything about the game either. i struggle to understand ppl's rejection to that? im hearing everybody in love with the idea of retiring fighters via injury hidden. that's wonderful. but at what age do you plan to do this? at age 30? that's ludicrous. how many fighters in real life fight up into their late 30's? i could name many. but how long would a fighter be in this game and how many fights would he fight before he reaches his late 30's on here? 4-5 RL years? 100-120 fights? come on now, get real. that's too fuckin many and too fuckin long.

so all im suggesting is that we speed up the aging process so that it aligns more with fighters careers in real life. i dont get where that's a bad thing? wouldnt you rather see a fighter retire at 40 years old vs 32 years old? in order to make that happen you've got to be willing speed up the aging rate.

I actually agree experience should play a factor in the % of total skills.

Let's say fighters could range from 77-83% based on talent and they could achieve extra 1% in 5 fights, then extra 1% in 15 fights and then extra 1% in 25 fights... so a very talented stud with tons of experience could reach 86% in the top of his career if he hasn't really gotten injured that much till that point...

Do you realize what 86% looks like?

That is the triple Elite essentially.

Part of the change is to get rid of this stupidness.

75% or whatever will still look way too uber, but it's an improvement so I am not complaining. Something closer to 50-65% of max skill points would have made a way more interesting game.

Now before you spout off how "wrong I am", check out my posts from 2 years ago. We have been discussing what level of top fighters would make for the best game since it started. It will continually drop until some semblence of training strategy is achieved, other than - "just make everything really high and hope your sliders and hiddens are good."

• Downvote 1

Do you realize what 86% looks like?

That is the triple Elite essentially.

Part of the change is to get rid of this stupidness.

75% or whatever will still look way too uber, but it's an improvement so I am not complaining. Something closer to 50-65% of max skill points would have made a way more interesting game.

Now before you spout off how "wrong I am", check out my posts from 2 years ago. We have been discussing what level of top fighters would make for the best game since it started. It will continually drop until some semblence of training strategy is achieved, other than - "just make everything really high and hope your sliders and hiddens are good."

The fighter in my stable with the most skill points just broke 2000 points today. That is roughly 63% of the total. And he does not look like something that anyone would be afraid of. In fact he kinda sucks. 50-65% is WAY to low. But I could see the argument for as low as 75%.

The fighter in my stable with the most skill points just broke 2000 points today. That is roughly 63% of the total. And he does not look like something that anyone would be afraid of. In fact he kinda sucks. 50-65% is WAY to low. But I could see the argument for as low as 75%.

75% wouldnt be bad -- here is one of my guys that is almost 70% 2176.65 (69.10%)

Boxing Wonderful(10)-- Muay Thai Remarkable(8)-- Wrestling Wonderful(3)+ BJJ Proficient(22)++ Agility Exceptional(10)- Flexibility Wonderful(12)++ Speed Sensational(21)+ Strength Wonderful(8)+ Conditioning Sensational(4)-- Balance Wonderful(3)- Punches Sensational(13)- Kicks Wonderful(5)-- Elbows Abysmal(26)++ Knees Abysmal(26)++ Clinchwork Remarkable(13)+ Striking Defense Sensational(19)- Ground n Pound Mediocre(0)-- Takedown Off Wonderful(0)-- Takedown Def Sensational(4)-- Submissions Abysmal(23)- Defensive Grap Exceptional(22)+

This fighter is at 86%

Boxing

Exceptional(20)--

Muay Thai

Sensational(56)++

Wrestling

Sensational(9)--

BJJ

Exceptional(24)+

Agility

Sensational(32)++

Flexibility

Sensational(25)+

Speed

Sensational(20)+

Strength

Sensational(7)-

Conditioning

Elite(44)+

Balance

Sensational(2)--

Punches

Exceptional(40)-

Kicks

Exceptional(15)-

Elbows

Exceptional(14)-

Knees

Feeble(28)-

Clinchwork

Sensational(49)+

Striking Defense

Sensational(21)+

Ground n Pound

Sensational(3)--

Takedown Off

Sensational(8)--

Takedown Def

Wonderful(44)+

Submissions

Sensational(16)--

Defensive Grap

Sensational(14)--

To restrict fighters from getting better stats than that, or from having stats like that, is fucking retarded.

There is nothing unrealistic about those stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

This fighter is at 86%

Boxing

Exceptional(20)--

Muay Thai

Sensational(56)++

Wrestling

Sensational(9)--

BJJ

Exceptional(24)+

Agility

Sensational(32)++

Flexibility

Sensational(25)+

Speed

Sensational(20)+

Strength

Sensational(7)-

Conditioning

Elite(44)+

Balance

Sensational(2)--

Punches

Exceptional(40)-

Kicks

Exceptional(15)-

Elbows

Exceptional(14)-

Knees

Feeble(28)-

Clinchwork

Sensational(49)+

Striking Defense

Sensational(21)+

Ground n Pound

Sensational(3)--

Takedown Off

Sensational(8)--

Takedown Def

Wonderful(44)+

Submissions

Sensational(16)--

Defensive Grap

Sensational(14)--

To restrict fighters from getting better stats than that, or from having stats like that, is fucking retarded.

You're an idiot.. You have been posting the crap throughout this whole thread.. Mike has already shown you through maths how retarded it is to have fighters look like that..

Maybe he should use smaller numbers so you can comprehend what he is saying??

Personally 70-75% would be great but most would throw the toys out of the pram with anything lower than 80%

I'm not sure why the displayed age of a fighter is so important?? I mean that number could be changed to absolutely anything.. Make an 18 = 25, have the 25 learn at the speed of what an 18yo would and go up from there...

And the bullshit about people careers being over to early due to injuries?? Are you serious sportstars are struck down all the time with injuries before 30.. Hell some of them don't even make it through their early 20's

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And the bullshit about people careers being over to early due to injuries?? Are you serious sportstars are struck down all the time with injuries before 30.. Hell some of them don't even make it through their early 20's

It's happened very recently. Nick Denis at 29 retired due to a concussion and worry over future brain damage. Now I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure concussions happen constantly in MMA. Personally I think Chuck Liddell had some brain damage from the sport and has been part of the reason for his recent lack of chin and for his speech impediment most of the time.

http://www.mmatorch.com/artman2/publish/UFC_2/article_15090.shtml

guys, bear in mind 86% was just an hypotetical number. the main part of my post was missed in the recent comments and it was the logic behind fight experience playing a factor in the skill cap. whether it is 86%, 76% or even 66%, make this number vary based on a number of factors, one of them being the experience of the dude.

i kindly request we please pay minimal attention to the recent history of the discussion before flaming anyone, or everybody will get even more demotivated on discussing and posting in this thread. sometimes we tend to be a lot sherdog-like in this forum when 99% of us just really want to help.

by reducing the total skill percentage lower and lower, you are only increasing the "hurry up and wait" period that dominates a fighters career.

every fighter in this game speeds his way to 70-80% skills. then his training becomes drastically slower and he really just sets there with little excitement aside from fighting.

i agree with ckepplerun. allow fighters to peak at whatever they peak at. 80%, 85, 90, whatever. but we need to shorten the time that they peak. the problems we have in the game isnt that fighters are becoming too good. the problem is that they are staying too good for too long

the rise and fall of a fighters career needs to be adjusted. the rise is too steep and the fall doesnt happen. the plateau at the top is the majority of a fighters career and it's watering down the top level. if fighters were peaking and falling regularly then the problem of high skills wouldnt be a problem at all. because fighters would only be facing flawless opponents for a small portion of their careers. but since fighters arent falling, the top is becoming overly crowded. you can only shit in a toilet so many times before you've got to flush it. if you keep plugging in highly skilled fighters and never taking highly skilled fighters out, then yes, of coarse all you're ever going to get is similar matchups. that's just common sense

in my opinion, im actually fine with the mechanics of the game. we simply need to make the adjustments necassary to take fighters out of the game. if fighters spent more time "growing" than "peaking" then the matchups would all of the sudden be much more specialized

to me they are very unrealistic -- that fighter has one weakness (if you want to call it a weakness) knees -- not even close to being realistic --------- maybe one fighter in the mma scene now is that way (not in my eyes but will give you a maybe) -- but every fighter 25 or over looks that way in the game now days

You're an idiot.. You have been posting the crap throughout this whole thread.. Mike has already shown you through maths how retarded it is to have fighters look like that..

Maybe he should use smaller numbers so you can comprehend what he is saying??

I know you live in Australia where there's a serious lack of fighting talent, so maybe you don't know what a real fighter looks like or how to assess a real fighters ability. I think it's important for this game to reflect IRL fighters converted to MMATycoon fighters - and if you did that with the UFC's "Elite", they would have similar stats to the 75-89% range. You know what seperates those fighters who are equally talented at the highest level? Hiddens (Edgar vs Maynard, Franklin vs Liddell) and gameplans (Condit vs Diaz).

This is what a fighter at 71% looks like...

Boxing

Wonderful(5)--

Muay Thai

Exceptional(4)-

Wrestling

Superb(4)-

BJJ

Superb(3)++

Agility

Exceptional(5)-

Flexibility

Wonderful(4)+

Speed

Wonderful(0)--

Strength

Remarkable(4)-

Conditioning

Exceptional(5)--

Balance

Wonderful(3)++

Punches

Exceptional(4)+

Kicks

Exceptional(4)-

Elbows

Remarkable(6)-

Knees

Remarkable(6)--

Clinchwork

Wonderful(4)+

Striking Defense

Exceptional(5)-

Ground n Pound

Woeful(79)++

Takedown Off

Woeful(12)--

Takedown Def

Wonderful(4)+

Submissions

Remarkable(4)-

Defensive Grap

Exceptional(5)--

-------------

Boxing

Exceptional(11)++

Muay Thai

Wonderful(3)--

Wrestling

Respectable(5)--

BJJ

Feeble(0)--

Agility

Strong(1)-

Flexibility

Strong(1)-

Speed

Remarkable(3)++

Strength

Superb(2)++

Conditioning

Exceptional(8)-

Balance

Competent(3)++

Punches

Exceptional(12)+

Kicks

Wonderful(2)-

Elbows

Wonderful(24)+

Knees

Woeful(7)-

Clinchwork

Superb(6)--

Striking Defense

Exceptional(10)++

Ground n Pound

Useless(24)-

Takedown Off

Useless(24)+

Takedown Def

Woeful(2)+

Submissions

Mediocre(0)+

Defensive Grap

Competent(7)--

54% and just turned 20, he'll be at 70% by 21, easily 75% by 22. Under Stu's miraculous logic, this guy should stop progressing as a fighter at this point. That makes zero sense. Go make your own MMATycoon, and enjoy playing with your 10-20 users. Nobody's gonna play that game.

-------------

to me they are very unrealistic -- that fighter has one weakness (if you want to call it a weakness) knees -- not even close to being realistic --------- maybe one fighter in the mma scene now is that way (not in my eyes but will give you a maybe) -- but every fighter 25 or over looks that way in the game now days

Plenty of fighters don't have any technical weaknesses. Convert Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP to MMATycoon fighters. That fighter that I posted weaknesses are mostly hidden related. This game should be more about sliders than stats.

A lot of Fighters are wonderful (at least remarkable) in every aspect of MMA, especially the ones training at the highest level for years. Go to the gym for a few months and you should be competent in every aspect of MMA, unless you're an unathletic scrub or training in a shitty gym with people who should be ashamed of calling themselves coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know you live in Australia where there's a serious lack of fighting talent, so maybe you don't know what a real fighter looks like or how to assess a real fighters ability. I think it's important for this game to reflect IRL fighters converted to MMATycoon fighters - and if you did that with the UFC's "Elite", they would have similar stats to the 75-89% range. You know what seperates those fighters who are equally talented at the highest level? Hiddens (Edgar vs Maynard, Franklin vs Liddell) and gameplans (Condit vs Diaz).

This is what a fighter at 71% looks like...

Boxing

Wonderful(5)--

Muay Thai

Exceptional(4)-

Wrestling

Superb(4)-

BJJ

Superb(3)++

Agility

Exceptional(5)-

Flexibility

Wonderful(4)+

Speed

Wonderful(0)--

Strength

Remarkable(4)-

Conditioning

Exceptional(5)--

Balance

Wonderful(3)++

Punches

Exceptional(4)+

Kicks

Exceptional(4)-

Elbows

Remarkable(6)-

Knees

Remarkable(6)--

Clinchwork

Wonderful(4)+

Striking Defense

Exceptional(5)-

Ground n Pound

Woeful(79)++

Takedown Off

Woeful(12)--

Takedown Def

Wonderful(4)+

Submissions

Remarkable(4)-

Defensive Grap

Exceptional(5)--

-------------

Boxing

Exceptional(11)++

Muay Thai

Wonderful(3)--

Wrestling

Respectable(5)--

BJJ

Feeble(0)--

Agility

Strong(1)-

Flexibility

Strong(1)-

Speed

Remarkable(3)++

Strength

Superb(2)++

Conditioning

Exceptional(8)-

Balance

Competent(3)++

Punches

Exceptional(12)+

Kicks

Wonderful(2)-

Elbows

Wonderful(24)+

Knees

Woeful(7)-

Clinchwork

Superb(6)--

Striking Defense

Exceptional(10)++

Ground n Pound

Useless(24)-

Takedown Off

Useless(24)+

Takedown Def

Woeful(2)+

Submissions

Mediocre(0)+

Defensive Grap

Competent(7)--

54% and just turned 20, he'll be at 70% by 21, easily 75% by 22. Under Stu's miraculous logic, this guy should stop progressing as a fighter at this point. That makes zero sense. Go make your own MMATycoon, and enjoy playing with your 10-20 users. Nobody's gonna play that game.

-------------

Plenty of fighters don't have any technical weaknesses. Convert Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP to MMATycoon fighters. That fighter that I posted weaknesses are mostly hidden related. This game should be more about sliders than stats.

Somehow I should be concerned about your thoughts about Australian fighters - That line holds about as much weight as me saying you suck because you're an Amercian...

I don't need to make a MMA tycoon game, because luckily for me this games creator (which by the way isn't you) has already agree that fighters at 86% are ridicules - maybe lay off the bongs and you would remember he has already pointed that out on multiple occasions during this thread to you specifically, save yourself some much needed brain cells and stop posting the same thing.

Ed - fighters will still peak and yes they will peak earlier. However the peak now allows you to be god like in all facets of the game, with the cap of 70-75% - there is naturally going to be diversity as you will not be able to be god like in all facets.

The cap can be floating meaing a combinations of hiddens and expereince could give you another few % however I don't think it would be wise to make it to be of an advantage as this game is already heavily dependant on hiddens - putting even more reliance on hiddens I feel is a bad move.

"Sliders" slightly greater than "skills" greater than hiddens slightly greater than luck would be what I feel is a good balance.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

CK: please learn to take a screen cap. That shit is a pain in the ass to read.

Plenty of fighters don't have any technical weaknesses. Convert Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, GSP to MMATycoon fighters.

I don't know if you'd call them weaknesses, but they definitely have a few areas markedly less impressive than others.

GSP would be something like Exceptional/Remarkable/Elite/Wonderful which is around 85% at most (and translates roughly to secondaries/physicals: he uses very few knees/elbows and doesn't have particularly great kicks or subs either), given he's probably got the best aptitude of any fighter out there, that should probably be around the top. GSP would have crazy good hiddens though -- intelligence, experience, and light speed learning -- and nothing low either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

by reducing the total skill percentage lower and lower, you are only increasing the "hurry up and wait" period that dominates a fighters career.

every fighter in this game speeds his way to 70-80% skills. then his training becomes drastically slower and he really just sets there with little excitement aside from fighting.

i agree with ckepplerun. allow fighters to peak at whatever they peak at. 80%, 85, 90, whatever. but we need to shorten the time that they peak. the problems we have in the game isnt that fighters are becoming too good. the problem is that they are staying too good for too long

the rise and fall of a fighters career needs to be adjusted. the rise is too steep and the fall doesnt happen. the plateau at the top is the majority of a fighters career and it's watering down the top level. if fighters were peaking and falling regularly then the problem of high skills wouldnt be a problem at all. because fighters would only be facing flawless opponents for a small portion of their careers. but since fighters arent falling, the top is becoming overly crowded. you can only shit in a toilet so many times before you've got to flush it. if you keep plugging in highly skilled fighters and never taking highly skilled fighters out, then yes, of coarse all you're ever going to get is similar matchups. that's just common sense

in my opinion, im actually fine with the mechanics of the game. we simply need to make the adjustments necassary to take fighters out of the game. if fighters spent more time "growing" than "peaking" then the matchups would all of the sudden be much more specialized

I agree or understand most of your post. I've made numerous attempts at a proposed quicker turnover, fighter retirement, faster game, faster learning speed, and most of the time it received resistance.

http://www.mmatycoon...speed +solution

http://www.mmatycoon...speed +solution

It's simple in the sense that 1 week equals 1 IRL month, I can cope with that, but it's a bit too slow - doesn't mean it should be changed but it seems like it'd make a lot more sense to work around it if you're gonna keep the same pace.

I think extending the skill cap to 200 could be a viable solution too, because it'd allow you to slightly speed up the training without making fighters age faster or changing the timeline of the game, but the 150 system is already in place and it seems it'd be overly complicated to change it from 150.

I still think Optional Primaries would be an excellent addition to this game:

http://www.mmatycoon...onal +primaries

but have nothing to do with ticker replacements lol..

CK: please learn to take a screen cap. That shit is a pain in the ass to read.

I don't know if you'd call them weaknesses, but they definitely have a few areas markedly less impressive than others.

GSP would be something like Exceptional/Remarkable/Elite/Wonderful which is around 85% at most (and translates roughly to secondaries/physicals: he uses very few knees/elbows and doesn't have particularly great kicks or subs either), given he's probably got the best aptitude of any fighter out there, that should probably be around the top. GSP would have crazy good hiddens though -- intelligence, experience, and light speed learning -- and nothing low either.

GSP has great kicks and very good submissions. His physicals would be amazing. His boxing would be considered elite by every MMA standard - Freddie Roach said that GSP, BJ Penn, KJ Noons, Nick Diaz, Andrei Arlovski have the best boxing in MMA. How many of those fighters can GSP out box? How can he not be considered an elite boxer when he can out box just about every fighter he faces? Also GSP has a black belt in BJJ, so that automatically qualifies him as Exceptional BJJ in this game. won't argue with muay thai, but he definitely doesn't have low rated knees or elbows. Just because he doesn't use them, doesn't mean he's incompetent in either. They've got to be considered at least respectable.

A year ago I would of 100% agreed with GSP and Exceptional boxing.

Somehow I should be concerned about your thoughts about Australian fighters - That line holds about as much weight as me saying you suck because you're an Amercian...

I don't need to make a MMA tycoon game, because luckily for me this games creator (which by the way isn't you) has already agree that fighters at 86% are ridicules - maybe lay off the bongs and you would remember he has already pointed that out on multiple occasions during this thread to you specifically, save yourself some much needed brain cells and stop posting the same thing.

American fighters > Australian fighters - I am a huge fan of Mark Hunt though (I know he's from New Zealand) but that's kind of irrelevant. American and Brazilian fighters are the most successful fighters on the planet - that doesn't mean there aren't badass fighters coming out of other countries - US and Brazil are also some of the most populated countries too, which is prolly why there's so many successful fighters produced by these 2 countries. All of the UFC champs, exception of GSP, are American or Brazilian.

My opinion on the matter isn't going to change because Mike disagrees with me. I can express the same opinion over and over, because my opinion remains the same. I've also stated that Mike can do whatever he wants with the game, because he made it, he has that option. I've stated that numerous times as well, and it doesn't really bother me either way. There's at least 19 other users who hate this skill cap idea, so it's not like I'm alone on this subject. I think 80% skill cap max isn't a great idea but it isn't a bad idea, and if that's what he goes with, so be it.

A handful of us said this day would come a year or so ago, when we would have a bunch of quad sensational fighters and triple elite fighters emerging. I tried sayin we needed a skill cap back then. I changed my views on what "elite" in this game meant because it seemed like we'd never get one. I figured after you train something for so long, you'd be considered "Elite" because there's nothing more you can learn about it. I perceived it as a "technical" level or knowledge of the skill. You can only learn so much of something before you have no more room for improvement. Whether you perform like an elite boxer or not is a completely different story where hiddens and/or sliders come into play.

I don't object to an 80% skill cap (I just don't like the overnight reduction process, I'd rather see a slow and steady decline), I'd much prefer 80% skill cap over adding 2 new skills. Offensive grappling makes sense to me, because we have defensive grappling.

Edited by CKeppelrun
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

well i would much prefer having an overnight decrease and the whole 80% (or whatever number) skill cap than having 2 new ground skills added in. because if he's going to add in 2 new ground skills its going to be escapes and transitions. i can agree with transitions but escapes doesnt have any place in the ground game.

yes u can choose to "escape" the ground but to me thats either avoiding a submission or just getting up off the ground. And i'll agree that there are plenty of fighters out there that implement getting up off the ground into their gameplan but thats their gameplan not their ability to "escape". if u are against a fighter with better bjj than you, he's going to try to throw submissions out and u are going to try to defend them. your ability to defend them is how well u can defend submissions (defensive grappling) and depending on whether or not u can transition well enough and get into a more favorable position u can get up off the ground. escaping sounds like u roll around and defend a submission and either end up in the same position or standing up or in a more favorable position. same if ur mounted and getting fists rained on u. u buck and struggle out and depending on how well u can defend and if u r good enough at transitioning the same goes. when u train wrestling or bjj theres no coach that will teach you the skill of escaping back to your feet. they'll teach you how to pound a guy from the top, how to submit ppl in various ways and how to defend these things in various positions so u can survive but escaping the ground is something thats up to the fighter. and there's not that many positions u can stand up from anyways. i think

your skill of defending on the ground combined with how well you are able to transition should determine how often or well u can get up off the ground. escapes does not make any sense so me. maybe i am alone here. maybe it is just my opinion. if it is then im not sure i rly care because it seems like an insult to those who practice ground sports to add a skill solely for escaping. call me old fashioned, call me incoherent... idk if i am even saying anything that makes sense to anyone but i have a lot of respect for the way this game works because there are many things that make good sense and there aren't too many things that are too unrealistic so far. to add escapes as a skill seems unrealistic.

• Downvote 1